starryeyeddragon45

She is a young writer who is constantly finding inspiration in the weird and bizarre, but when she sits down to write, nothing ever comes.

A young writer just trying her best to make an impact.

Realize the plea

I don’t think you realize how much my heart pleads to be with you
How I wish that I was different so that we could be together
You don’t understand

You don’t understand
You probably never will,
How you see me as just a friend
And I see you as something more
Though I wish I didn’t

Though I wish I didn’t
I still love you.
Or maybe I don’t
But still,

Writing Resolutions 2020

GOALS!!!!

As a writer, I aim to complete my first draft of my story.
I hope to be able to improve my craft, by creating a more natural flow of dialogue and creating dialect.
I wish you guys luck, too!!!

Three Gifts

The Gifts That Keep On Giving

1. Give the gift of friendship. Both you and the person you are giving it to will receive greatly in return.
  2. Give the gift of your ear. No don't literally cut off your ear to give to someone, but listen to whoever needs it. Don't talk, just listen. You'll amazing stories, sorrowful tales, and hopefully one of them will inspire you to act.
  3. Give the gift of an open heart and mind. Absorb what other people feel like they need to share, responding with an open mind and a kind heart. Be kind.
These gifts go beyond the season. Use these gifts whenever you feel like the world needs to be a better place. This is how you help make a happier world.

Three Gifts

The Gifts That Keep On Giving

These gifts go beyond the season. Use these gifts when ever you feel like the world needs to be a better place. This is how you help make a happier world.

The Breaking of the Great Heart of Athehull

Felix wiped the grease from the glinting bronze cogs, off of her hands. She set down her wrench and stepped back to examine her handiwork, The Great Metal Heart of Athehull. It had now resumed the turning of the many crude cogs and gears, moving them in a steady motion, like the beating of a heart. Felix had been repairing one of the lesser gears towards the outer rims of The Heart. These gears often had to be repaired as they often snapped in brittle places where proper care had not been initiated. Often no care at all was ever received to this great lumbering beast of machinery. The huge cogs at the center of The Heart broke less often, but when they did the entire city shut down in a grave emergency. That is why being a mechanic was the most dangerous job that one could have been picked for. To maneuver one’s self into the narrow...

Novel Writing Competition 2019

The Ticket

Felix wiped the grease from the glinting bronze cogs, off of her hands. She set down her wrench and stepped back to examine her handiwork, The Great Metal Heart of Athehull. It had now resumed the turning of the many crude cogs and gears, moving them in a steady motion, like the beating of a heart. These smaller gears often had to be repaired as they often snapped in brittle places. The huge cogs at the center of The Heart broke less often, but when they did the entire city shut down. That is why being a mechanic was the most dangerous job that one could have been picked for. To maneuver one’s self into the narrow spaces between the cogs and gears with only a faint gas lamp to provide meager light, a mechanic would often die at the hands of The Great Heart, in hopes that another would be able to fix The Heart before the city shut...

Your View

Weird and Important Opinions That I Stand By, But May Not Matter

1. Just because something is socially acceptable, does not make it right.
  2. Being proud is good, being an egoist is not
  3. Friends are vital to surviving high school
  4. Music drives people to make new art
  5. Without art, life would all be black and white
  6. Forgotten music is some of the best
  7. Sad movies are sometimes the best
  8. Emotions, no matter what kind, are something to revel in
  9. Life is worth living
  10. Make friends with everyone and you'll learn their stories

Discovering Death

I have never experienced a death in my family or at least people that I knew. Until now. Even then I still did not know my great grandmother that well. Sure I knew her and we visited her pretty often, as I am currently fourteen years of age, but I never had a really close bond with her. It was my sister who had that bond. I suppose one would have that bond with someone if they had the same name and one was the namesake of the other. My namesake was also my great grandmother -on the other side of the family- but still, I never knew her. I wish I had, but oh well. During the next life, I will. All I really know how to do is comfort others. Comfort my mom. My sister. And anyone else. Reminding them that they will see her again. I guess that I feel an empty space, but that’s really all....

Word Collage

Walking With Living Feet

Surrounding was an ocean of shoes 
each shoe different
different size
different shape
each pair different
Each silently screaming murdered dreams
Photographs mean nothing 
Photographs cannot bring you here        
Photographs do not make your soul go up in flames, leaving an empty shell.        
Tears freeze in your eyes and you can not cry
They weren’t numbers
They were people
Crying but for someone else
Thousands and thousands
Gone
Into the sea of shoes
Lost to the shoes in there
Wishing to throw my shoes into that pile
To grasp and feel each shoe
To jump into the sea of shoes
To become a part of it
To take it with me
To add my shoes to that ocean
But all that was left there were salty tears.
Did those many people
who had walked in those pairs of shoes
forget how to cry?

Open Prompt

Writing exercise: Only dialogue

This is a writing exercise I found on Brandon Sanderson's website. This is the excerpt: Write a five- to ten-page two-character dialogue with no tags or blocking. Try to evoke character, conflict, and plot using only dialogue. Include: a problem, two distinct individuals, a fantasy/sf element. Avoid: long monologues, exposition. Use context, not explanations. // So, anyway, five to ten pages is just a suggestion—about a thousand words or so— but you don’t have to make yours any particular length. It can be a short, standing on its own, or it can be a short story. Or it can be the start of a novel, or just an excerpt of dialogue from an ordinary story. Basically, this doesn’t need to be a complete story. The goal is to see how much you can get across without exposition and with fast-moving dialogue.

So here is my attempt at it!!

“So this is what it’s like being dead.”
“AHHHH…. Sorry, you scared me....

Missing Moments

"I miss moments like this more than anything," Alowyn wishfully confessed quietly, to Roven and to the whole night sky.
    “So do I, Lowyn,” Roven responded, using his nickname for her.
    Alowyn breathed out a sigh, “Rov…” Roven flinched at the sound of his nickname, as memories of a better, happier time came back. When Coi was still there. 
Alowyn’s eyes grew wide at her mistake and she quickly corrected herself, “Sorry, Roven, why are we still here? Why don’t we run away and go to plane two or something and start working a reasonable job? We would both be way more happy than we are now!”
    “I can’t just let go of what Coi taught me…”
    “Well, Coi betrayed both of us remember?! So can we really trust anything we learned from him? No! We need to get away from this sort of life and create our own!”
    “Okay, what do you suggest?! Since you know better...

Why I Write

Others

I write to tell others
I write to tell others my stories, their stories, our stories
I write to tell others adventures and dreams
I write to tell others what is real or not
I write to tell others that they too can become stories of their own
I write to tell others

Six-Word Story

Gone

I saw my soulmate only once.
Please don't take my sunshine away.
We can not always begin again.
Stars stole her away that night.
Please stop. You are hurting me.

Six-Word Story

Gone

I saw my soulmate only once.

One-Liner

The Dust of Time

Tiril. A place where forgotten gods roam and turn to dust with time itself.