Audrey

Aspiring actress, bisexual kid fighting mental illness, equal rights advocate, I just wanna do the right thing, y'know?

Hey everyone, first let me just say thanks for reading my writing! If you'd like to leave me some feedback it is much appreciated, however please do not leave comments like "you spelled this wrong" or "you're missing a comma here". I would rather be criticized on the content rather than the grammar.

Open Prompt

Solitude

The drums in the sky are banging,
pounding,
clashing,
like they’re announcing a
war approaching from the distant hills.
Echoing across the equator,
the earth below your feet shaking
so greatly that you know in your bones
that the people millions of miles away
can feel it too.
The sky is on fire for
seconds at a time.
Just flashes that illuminate the sky
more than the stars ever could.
The sky shows its jagged scars
in the these precious few moments
where we see her healed wounds
and the marks they left.
The sky is beautiful
with her freckles
and scars
and her emotions that refused to be
caged like a show animal in a circus.
When she rages we feel it;
we tremble with the earth
and we weep with our sky
to let her know she is not alone
and maybe
maybe because we need someone
to weep with us
so we too could know
that we...

7 Cubed

Nothing Lasts Forever

Garden tools were strewn about the yard, rust coating most of them, weeds growing in patches were maybe a flower bed once lied. The house itself was old, if inanimate objects could die, then I'd say this place was on it's death bed. Paint peeling, boards nailed across the windows, all in all it was a sad sight. Still, it had been home a long time ago, sold it when I was just seventeen and my family decided that a good place for me to start my senior year was halfway across the country. Seeing the place in such a state, I wanted to find its previous owners and give them a piece of my mind. Calm down, it's just a house, you saw it one last time like you want, it's time to let it go. Leaning on my walker for support, I hobbled back down the driveway, slowly so I wouldn't trip, and entered the cab that would...

Mixtape

Mixtape

Soundtrack to My Life

1. Wildflowers, Tom Petty
2. Laughter Lines, Bastille
3. Scars to Your Beautiful, Alessia Cara
4. Just Give Me a Reason, P!nk
5. The Currents, Bastille
6. Warmth, Bastille
7. Only If For Tonight, Florence + the Machine
8. American Idiot, Green Day
9. You're Gonna Go Far Kid, The Offspring
10. Migraine, Twenty One Pilots
11. Miss Missing You, Fall Out Boy
12. The Draw, Bastille

Mixtape

Mixtape

Soundtrack to My Life

1. Wildflowers, Tom Petty
2. Laughter Lines, Bastille
4. Just Give Me a Reason, P!nk
5. The Currents, Bastille
6. Warmth, Bastille
8. American Idiot, Green Day
10. Migraine, Twenty One Pilots
11. Miss Missing You, Fall Out Boy
12. The Draw, Bastille

1 Photo, 20 Words

Goodbye

Close my eyes,
Breath hitched,
Heart pounding
Pounding
Silence.
See nothing,
Hear nothing.
Open my eyes.
I see the universe.

One Sentence Story

Forever?

It wasn't supposed to be like this, it was supposed to be beautiful and last forever just like in the books and movies, where no matter what life threw at us, we would be able to make it through... but we didn't.

One Sentence Story

Forever?

It wasn't supposed to be like this, it was supposed to be beautiful and last forever just like in the books and movies, where no matter what life threw at us, we would be able to make it through...make it through together, through thick and thin, sickness and health, we promised each other that, but it looks like you neglected to tell me that you forgot that promise.

YOU in threes

Audrey in Threes

• Three quirks or idiosyncrasies.

-When I get excited about something I either start rocking back and forth on my feet or start doing these little half twirls.

-When I'm thinking I'll tug on my lower lip or simply bite it. Most of the time I don't realize I'm doing it.

-I go barefoot whenever possible. I don't like wearing shoes or socks if I don't have to. Even in the dead of winter I'll walk around my house with nothing on my feet despite my mother borderline begging me to put some socks on.

• ​Three sources of comfort.

- Reading fantasy or adventure novels

- Cooking or baking

- Drawing

• Three pet peeves.

- When people say the word "like" repeatedly.

- I can't stand the sound of metal on metal.

- People who interrupt

• Three things about you that very few people know.

- I want to be in a movie someday. 

- One of my goals in life...

Puppet Turned Master

I wanted to scream, to let this monsoon of emotions flood out of the fragile bottle in which they were imprisoned. I longed to be two again so I could throw a fit and get away with it. But now that I was older I was expected to be a lady. After all, who would want to marry a rambunctious woman? 

I drove the needle through the fabric, somehow managing not to puncture one of my fingers in the process.  A flower began to take shape along the bottom of the shift I was forced to alter. If Mother were here she would purse her lips and scold me for going so slow. But for now I was alone with nothing but my thoughts and a cup of tea that had cooled long ago. I put the garment on the chair and approached the only window in the room. A few rays of light penetrated the glass as the sun...

Borrowing Voice

Home Stretch

"About real life. And how your studies apply to it." My teacher continued to drone on about how someday, though we may not think so at this young, ignorant age, we would need the Pythagorean theorem. Because apparantly in the future one of us will need to know that a2 + b2 = c2 so we can become the next Jeopardy! champion, or something like that. 

I glanced over at Willow, who just happened to be blowing strand of pink hair out of her eyes. I made a note to ask how her aunt was doing later. My friend caught me looking and crossed her eyes, prompting me to roll mine in return. She pushed her glasses up the bridge of her nose and gave me that look that meant, I swear I'll do whatever you ask if you can get me out of this wretched class. My laugh was cut short by the screech of fingernails on a blackboard. Everyone was still...

Inventory

The Floral Messenger Bag

Name: Thisbe Raskin

Age: 17 years old

Town: Epworth, Maine (Fictional)

Country: USA

1. Band folder filled with clarinet sheet music

2. Grimm's Complete Fairy Tales by Brothers Grimm

3. Worn sketchbook

4. Pack of cinnamon gum

5. green 4th generation iPod nano with earbuds

6. Frozen yogurt punch-card

7. Driver's license 

8. Laptom with a dreamcatcher decal

9. English-Hindi Dictionary

10. Ticket stubs from Guardians of the Galaxy

Inventory

The Floral Messenger Bag

Name: Thisbe Raskin

Age: 17 years old

Town: Epworth, Maine (Fictional)

Country: USA

3. Worn sketchbook

4. Pack of colored pencils

6. Frozen yogurt punch-card

7. Driver's license 

8. Laptom with a dreamcatcher decal

9. English-Hindi Dictionary

Borrowing Voice

Home Stretch

Five Line Fiction

Collapse of Existence

The sun was beating down upon any skin I had been foolish enough to leave exposed. Good clothing and protection was scarce, but water was even more so. My parched tongue knew that, just like my stomach knew it wouldn't be eating anytime soon though still it moaned for food. I spied something in off in the distance of this barren wasteland, and my legs burned as I ran to it. It was a satchel filled with nothing but an empty canteen and dust, and it hit me so hard at that moment... the realization that death was finally coming, so I just sat and waited for the end... but that had already come.

Where Were You?

Gone

Where were you?

When I was lost 

Where were you?

When it was dark

Where were you?

When I was afraid

Where were you?

When I was ready to apologize

I don't know

But you leaving 

Was the best thing 

For me

And the worst thing for you

For let's remember

Who wronged who.

Five Line Fiction

Collapse of Existence

The sun was beating down upon any skin I had been foolish enough to leave exposed. Good clothing and protection was scarce, but water was even more so. My parched tongue knew that, just like my stomach knew it wouldn't be eating anytime soon though still it moaned for food. I spied something in off in the distance of this barren wasteland, and my legs burned asI ran to it. It was a satchel filled with nothing but an empty canteen and dust, and it hit me so hard at that moment... the realization that death was finally coming, so I just sat and waited for the end... but that had already come.

Open Prompt

Solitude

The world is so beautiful, I thought, staring at the sunrise. The trees were nothing but a black silhouette against the sky, but their simplicity made the daily phenomeon even more wondorous. But the true detail was in the colors. The way the reds and pinks and oranges blended together like a watercolor painting would make any artist envious. Sitting from my postition on the hill, I closed my eyes and breathed in deeply. I opened my eyes and exhaled. My breath appeared as a puff of white in the cold air of late autumn. I stood and shoved my hands in the pockets of my fleece jacket and jogged down to where my car waited. I turned on the heat and looked in my rearview mirror. My nose was red and so were the tips of my ears. Soon it would be too cold to enjoy nature's artwork from my own little spot on the hill. Putting my foot...

Five Line Fiction

Collapse of Existence

The sun was beating down upon any skin I had been foolish enough to leave exposed. Good clothing and protection was scarce, but water was even more so. My parched tongue knew that, just like my stomach knew it wouldn't be eating anytime soon though still it moaned for food. I spied something in off in the distance of this barren wasteland, and my legs screamed in protest as I ran to it. It was a satchel filled with nothing but an empty canteen and dust, and it hit me so hard at that moment... the realization that death was finally coming, so I just sat there clutching my sides and waited for the end... but that had already come.