FoxLilly106

Joined: August 27, 2019

13
Female
From the North-East
Artist, Writer, Speller, Singer
Play piano (Kinda lame IK)
Reader (Oh my hecc yes)
I speak a mild bit of Spanish too! <3

I write about the world. Though I write a lot of fiction, it always has something to do with my life and experiences. I love meeting new people, and can't wait to meet many more of my fellow WtW members. I LUV Y'ALL!

I sincerely hope I can change some lives, and get some things published. I'm thankful for all the support y'all have given me since I came here.

I want to be a veterinarian when I'm older. I ride horses, and want to do them a favor by caring for their needs more often and in better ways. If I fail in that study, I want to become a neuro-surgeon. I'm squeamish of half-eaten food, but am okay with brains and stuff like that.

Strange. I know.

Thanks again!

-Foxy! (Corn)

I Want To Apologize

Hey everyone. I want to apologize.

For what, I don't know yet, but we'll see what comes into my head and out my fingers. 

I first want to start off by apologizing to my friends. Because my life has become more hectic then we though it would, I have cause stress and tension in our friend group. It makes it hard for us to be around each other. Sure, you lose your mind when I'm gone, but at least you guys don't fight. I pressure you guys into doing things you don't want to do, and sometimes I'm too blunt with you. It makes you feel upset, and anxious. I'm truly and deeply sorry.

Next, I want to say sorry to my family. I've caused a lot of money-loss in out home. We never thought that it would be taking so long to find answers. I love you guys with all my heart, even if it doesn't seem like it...

TOXIC | Novel Preview

Hey guys!!

So... Past Memories is on hold due to me having to come up with something at the moment, but the next chapter will be posted within this month. Promise. Anyhow, I decided that I'd share a novel idea with you guys. I recently got this game and an idea popped into my head. What would life be like after WWIII (The end of the world) How long would people survive, and to what extremes?

Hope you enjoy, tell me what you think, and maybe give me some ideas for Past Memories? I need a little inspiration.

___________________________________

I touched the soft ground beneath me, its muddy and lump texture feeling ugly against the cracked skin on my hands. A green haze filled the dim sky, and puddles of nuclear waste dotted the barren landscape. To my left were tall, jagged cliffs and leafless trees. To my right was a green-tinged pond with dead fish bobbing along the surface. 
...

One Home

People Of The Earth

People of the Earth:
Eat warm meals surrounded by their merry family.
Others sit on the concrete steps of an old building.
People of the Earth:
Laugh until they cry or
Erase their hot tears from their cheeks.

Oh how bright the mood of wondrous souls, but
Forever will foul things fall from foul mouths. 

The footsteps of people running down the sidewalks
However, some walk slow along the paved road. 
Either way, both have places to go.

Everyone has a reason behind their life.
And everyone has emotion hidden deep inside of them
Really, everyone is a human being trying to get by every day.
The things we do and say are all the same.
Home is where we all go at the end of the day.

One Home

People Of The Earth

People of the Earth:
People of the Earth:
Laugh until they cry or

Either way, both have places to go.

Past Memories (Sensitivities may be involved. This is your warning)

I could hardly breathe as I heard the creak of the stairs. Daddy was coming up again. I knew he’d have his choice of torture with him. It’s leather worn down after its many uses. His brutal mood plastered to his ugly face. Just as it always was. I never managed to come upstairs unnoticed. No matter how hard I tried, he’d always hear me. 
    “I know you’re here Calli,” Daddy spit as he walked into my room. I cowered in the corner of the closet, praying he was too drunk to search this time. 
    “Come out Calli. You know you can’t hide forever,” he yelled, bending down to look under my bed. I’d hid down there last time, and what he’d done was so much worse than the belt. So. So much worse. 
    Suddenly, Daddy turned to the closet doors. The corners of his mouth lifted in that haunting smile of his. “There you are Calli...

#friendsgiving | Results!

First off, I would like to express my gratitude for all those who participated. We went from 2 submissions to 7 in the last few hours. It really means a lot that y'all went out of your way to make me feel a little better about myself. I certainly hope you share with your friends what they mean to you, and express your own deep love for them and all they do.

As for the results, here they are:

1st: buddingauthor
2nd: Charisse Marison
3rd: aditi
Honorable Mention: Dmoral13

buddingauthor had a heartwarming piece! I had multiple people helped me decide on these results and hers was one of the top every time. She really helps people to understand how important friendship is in everyday lives. 

Charisse Marison had a lovely piece about her and her friends. I certainly hope they stick with each other. Her friends sound like such amazing people.

aditi had a beautiful piece...

HAPPY THANKSGIVING!

Hey! Happy thanksgiving!!!

I'm going to be gone for a few days. I have big plans with family, and want to spend time with them. I hope you all enjoy the break! Take time to stuff your face with food, and pray for those who don't have food to stuff their faces with. Tell your family you love them, and be there for the people who have no family to tell. Tell God what you're thankful for, and be the reason someone's thankful. Smile with that pretty face, and be the reason someone smiles with theirs!

I want to take a moment to share what I'm thankful for, and feel free to do likewise in the comments.

-My blessed family who has helped me get through my physical struggles.
-My friends who helped me get by emotionally as well as physically.
-My dear pets who are wonderful comforting mechanisms. 
-My doctors whom have helped me overcome medical challenges.
-My roof...

Anyone Need Reviews?

So... I'm bored.

I need something to do, and I've not been on a good review streak. I'd like to be better at that. I know many people have been doing this lately, but still. Anyone need anything reviewed, comment down below. 

Rules:

-Up to three submissions each.
-Doesn't have to be your work (If not, please tell me who the author is)
-Add links so I can look at it easier. (But if you can't, that's fine)
-Tell me what type it is. (Novel, short story, poem, Competition (If so, details please a/o link), so on, so forth)

Once again, comment below, give it a like, and a follow is always helpful! <3

British and American, yet there couldn't have been a better match | #Whatislove?

He gave me a look, charcoal grey eyes staring deep into mine. "It's milk and then cereal, love," he told me; he challenged me with his chest puffed out and chin held high.

I shrugged, pouring the milk over my own cereal and grabbing the sugar from the mahogany tray next to me. "Suit yourself, babe," I replied jokingly, kissing his cheek with my milk and sugar covered lips. Talvi rolled his eyes and went in for a kiss on my lips, dragging it out for a long moment before pulling away. 

"Too much sugar," he muttered. "You're bound to get diabetes at the rate you eat sweet stuff. I swear. You have a bigger sweet tooth than dear old grams." I sighed, soaking up every word he said in his charming British accent. Though his name was Finnish for winter, and his mother from Ireland, he was raised in England, giving him the accent of the heavens. Talvi looked...

Sing to me instead | A song I wrote a long time ago

"Sing to me instead..." An original song by Corn.

I'm tired of hearing
Your lame excuses.
I'm bored of all your
childlike poses.

If you want something from me,
stop being a boy.
If you want to really be,
stop playing with your toys.

I'm listening to your screaming
On the other side of this door.
I'm waiting for you to stop reaming
To stop being a chore.

Ooooh
Sing to me instead of screaming
O-a-o-ah
Sing to me instead...

If you want to be my friend,
don't bother being a kid.
If you don't want me to rend,
You need to stop your fib.

I'm struggling to keep my head above water,
and your screams are making me panic.
I'm failing to swim myself to shore;
I'm sinking like the Titanic.

Ooooh
Sing to me instead of screaming
O-a-o-ah
Sing to me instead...

Sing to me...
A-oo-a-ooh
Sing to me instead.

Sing to me...
A-oo-a-ooh
Sing to me instead...

Competition time! | #friendsgiving | 2 days left!!!!! | Only 2 submissions to far.... :(

Welcome back wonderful writers!

It's finally November! We are happy to celebrate it with new, and old friends. Speaking of friends, our November prompts are about friendship!! Friends can include anyone! From BFFs, to relatives, to your boyfriend/girlfriend!

____________________________________________________________

Friends forever! Friendship can be tough, but we work through it together and come out on the plus side. Where do you see you and your friends in ten / fifteen years? Be creative! Describe how things have changed between you. What stayed the same? Are you friends anymore? Did you grow closer?

Word limit: 500 - 1500 words.

We can't wait to read through your stories. Try to keep them true, but you are allowed to write fiction. Though it's kind of sad if you write it fictionally. Just saying. Remember to tell your friends why you're thankful for them this season! And may you have many more years with them!

Sincerely,

FoxLilly106 <3

Awareness For Writing | Please Listen

We don't give enough welcome to our new writers. 

I know how it is to struggle with writing. Believe me. People have hated on it before. It takes guts to share your writing with the world. It's on the internet forever, you know. I've seen so many new people getting onto WtW recently. There are even some people that have been here for a long time that we don't give enough credit to. It really brings people down when they aren't getting the positive feedback they expected. What's worse is that they aren't even getting any at all.

We like to stick with out old friends and such. It's a normal human habit. We don't like to stretch our comfort zone. We like it to be simple and normal. However, It can negatively impact other people's levels of comfort. By coming onto WtW, they're putting themselves out there. Whether for the first time, or for the umpteenth time. So I...

A little bit more about myself | #justoneq&a

Hey y'all! So... @Anha posted a page with all these questions. I thought I'd give them an answer! All of these things are true. I promise. Take up these questions for yourself and insert the #justoneq&a in your title. Can't wait to read them all!

__________________________

QUESTIONS

1) what was the weirdest thing you've ever done as a kid?

2) which bird in the area that you live in do you hate the most?

3) i know what google says, but do you consider turtles to be reptiles?

4) what is the meaning of life? (courtesy of whoever did the #capitallettersq&a, i can't find them for the life of me.)
what do you think of soulmates? (courtesy of lasl)

5) (for those of you who've been here a bit) how do you think you or your writing has changed since you joined?
what's your favourite classic? (by classic i mean classic, e.g. frankenstein, anna karenina, etc.)

6) what's arguably the...

Past Memories -Chapter #10- (Sensitivities may be involved. This is your warning)

-CALLI-

I’m soaked; water is running off my lowered chin, and my hair is clinging to my face. I feel extremely tired. I’d dozed off under the sad excuse for a tree a few times since I left the house. My face still felt puffy after crying for so long. Not that anyone passing by would notice. The rain covered up the tear-stains on my bruised cheeks. Most of the rain would have washed off the makeup, so I knew the whole world would be able to see the mess I really was. I also didn’t really care at the moment.

The mud around me was thick. It was like sitting in a kiddie pool. A freaking cold kiddie pool, but one none-the-less. I squirmed a little in the mud, but even the simple motions made my head pound and my joints ache. I groaned, leaning back into the tree once more, trying to dull the pains in my bones.
...

Looking Back...

Dear me,

Not everyone has the heart to say it.
Not everyone can admit to it.
Not everyone can believe it.
Everyone has a chance to think about it.

No one understands why we do it.
No one understands why it's a common subject.
No one understands why it's not kept silent.
All people know is that it's not worth it in the end.

They always regret it.
They always change their minds when it becomes too late.
They always struggle to see truth at first.
We forget the purpose of out existence. 

What do others see when you jump?
What do others feel when you chip away at your own heart?
What do others think when they understand what's about to happen?
How do others deal when it's finally ending?

Sometimes we forget about family.
Sometimes we forget about friends.
Sometimes we forget about our pets and life.
All the time, we hate for ourselves.

It's a side affect...

Welcome back wonderful writers!

Word limit: 500 - 1500 words.

Sincerely,

FoxLilly106 <3

Novel Writing Competition 2019

Deep In The Woods

I pressed my nose against the cold glass window of the small white Sedan. I couldn’t see through the dark easily, but I knew there were only miles of trees beyond my view. The engine hummed softly in the background like a waltz. I was eager to leap out of the vehicle.
    The car slowed as we turned onto a long dirt road. It was the dead of night. Trees shrouded both sides of the claustrophobic path my dad considered a road. There was hardly any human interaction here. The only time I would really see other people was apparently at high school. Even then, I knew I’d be an outcast.
    My dad turned down an even smaller road. After what felt like hours, I could see a cabin at the end. It was not your typical log cabin; I could tell it was a high-tech, three story home made of stripped pine. Lantern lights lit up a small...

50 Follower Special! | Q & A Featuring Calli and Maven

OMG! We did it guys! Officially 50 followers! That's the halfway mark of my assumed goal. I love you guys so much! Thanks for the support. All the people down below made today possible. 

rosemarywisdom
ajamwal ꒰•̹͡ິु•ິू꒱
Gabriel Ziemba
DragonGirl54860
Jilly17bean
Samina
Some_Stand_Up_For_The_Vanquished
Artburger
ava09
AJ - Izzy
TheOriginalEliza™
buddingauthor
Charisse Marison
goldenmel
Bookworm101
-Ender-
Dubhessa
parachutes
RedWriter
Drishti Bhatia
lianhabanana!
SherlockRlz
Cornstark
and-peggy
Mary Wall
Aurelia.Valus
Julia Warnock
Heaven Fletcher
Writers of the World
aditi
Maryam Q
Victoria Martin
Aspiring Author
V-Rose
Elizabeth Schneider
clos
elani@sun4
JakeFrommStateFarm
Jennifer Schaefer
Twilight
K. Marie Christen
thelostprince
Quille
RubyRedDreams
HelpMe512
Fernweh
Maryam
Kaitlyn Reese
K.L. Rose
amohn04

Thank you guys again! If you're new here, follow, like, and comment. Check out all these wonderful people in the mean time! <3

___

@Tushar Mandhan

Calli: What is better tea or coffee?
Well, I can't say I've ever had either. The only drinks I've had are water and milk. Milk only comes with...

Calling All Fellow WtW Members! Do You Have Any Questions For Our Beloved Characters? | Maven + Calli <3

So... I've decided to do an interview with our characters! If you don't know what I'm talking about, go check out our beloved Past Memories! Anyhow, they will be answering questions for you guys! (In a way!) Here's how to place questions.

First, type their name. Ex.:

Maven:
Calli:

Then, add what you want to ask the character.:

Maven: What is your...?
Calli: Who is your...?

You can ask literally anything, and they'll answer you. If you want, you can direct it to any other characters I've written, such as Jess and Everett. Or Zamira, Zack, and Zebastian. That's all up to you. But try to focus on Calli and Maven. Who knows! I might even create a, "YOU CHOOSE YOUR PATH" kind of story including you guys meeting them.

We'll see.

NOW!! ASK AWAY! XD

Death Is Not Someone To Fear | # Fortuna Major

Life is not a game
Life is a dream
A dream made better
When one wins.

But how do you win
This unruly game?
Other than love.
Other than hate.

The finish line is always nearing
The line most people dread
No one accomplishes what they wish they did
But soon, you will be dead.

No one is ready to let go of their mortal life in the end,
Not even me,
But when Death brushes your lips
With his own; blue tinted.
The scales of balance will tip.

It's not easy to release your loved ones.
Especially when Death wants to become yours.
Your body is craving him;
Your mind is not.

You dance slowly with Death
Spinning to the somber music.
He's pulling you closer,
Whispering encouragement into your ear.

You see, Death is not the man you fear.
It's the judgement on the other side you find to be queer.
It's what scares you the most.
You...

Vote On My Special For You Guys | Do Not Pass!

So... 

I'm nearing 50 followers. I know it doesn't seem like that many, but that's a big deal to me. I want to write a special for you guys. I have a few options. I want to see which gets more votes.

1) An interview with the characters.

This would basically be a Q & A, but the characters from my Novel-in-Progress: Maven, Calli, and who-not. You guys would type in questions, like:

Maven: What is your...?

You get it? That's one idea. Give each idea a fair chance though.

2) I write a progress story. Featuring you guys! 

A progress story is where it all started, and what your writing looked like back then, and how it changed to what it is now. That's the gist of it.

3) Write an Epic short

An Epic short involves taking all my characters from three of my published pieces, and have them meet each other. It wouldn't be a short story,...

Dear Desire

Hi guys! Heads up... my love life is non-existent... so I don't exactly know what this is. Enjoy! (๑ ˊ͈ ᐞ ˋ͈)ƅ̋

___________________________________________________________

Dear desire,

I can't say why I feel the way I do. All I know is that it started when I laid eyes on you. You could say love at first sight...in a way. I guess I'll never know how you felt about me.

I'm not the most popular kid around. In fact, I'm quite the opposite. I get shoved around a lot by people like you. Big, strong, known by all... Yet, when I was around you, I felt safe and sound. Can you explain to me why I feel like this? I'm dying to know. I've never had a crush, nor has anyone ever liked me. Can you please let me out of my misery? Just a little bit of hurting is fine. You could let me crash for all I...

Past Memories -Chapter #9- (Sensitivities may be involved. This is your warning)

MAVEN

I leaned against the wall, eyes closed. The hustle and bustle of fellow students rang in my ears like a fly hovering around my head; the aggravating buzz of its wings the only thing I could hear as it zoomed around me. The air smelled of perfume and B.O.. Basically the normal.

However, I hadn’t seen Calli in the past couple of hours. There was one left before school closed. I frowned as I scanned the crowd for her raven colored hair, and frosty blue eyes that had grown on me immensely. 

Instead, I got dull brown eyes that were watching me intently. It was Nolan. His head was bobbing up and down as he talked to some guy, but his eyes were trained on me no doubt. I quirked an eyebrow at him, but he glanced away before he saw it. I frowned, pacing over to them. The guy Nolan was talking to looked up at me. He...

What's the point of Honoring, if you don't get it in return?

When will parents learn?

My life is pretty plain,
Pretty sad
Pretty lonely.
Do you wonder why?
There's no need.
Because the answer is staring me right in the eye.
My mother doesn't have the life she wished for
So instead,
She's forcing it upon me.
By using her excuses such as,
"Because I said so."
And "Because I'm the parent and you're the kid."
Do you not think I can make my own decisions?
Do you understand what I mean?
I want to make my own life.
Forcing me to take music,
To be an AP student,
To learn another language??
I used to want those things,
But when you force them upon me,
I don't want them anymore.
I'm sad all the time
But not just because I'm laughed at,
It's because I'm never living the dream you wanted.
It's because you get mad at me for it.
Because you call me names when I don't accomplish,
And...

Life is not a game
Life is a dream
A dream made better
When one wins.

But how do you win
This unruly game?
Other than love.
Other than hate.

The finish line is always nearing
The line most people dread
But soon, you will be dead.

No one is ready to let go
Even when Death brushes your lips
With his own; blue tinted.
Soon the scales of balance will tip.

Your body is craving him;
Your mind is not.

You dance slowly with Death
Spinning to the somber music.
He's pulling you closer,
Whispering encouragement into your ear.

You see, Death is not the man you fear.
It's what scares you the most.
You want to be given a toast,
Not to be...

To You From The In-between

You’re an in-betweener
You’re between life
You’re between death

You can see your family huddled around you
You can see your boyfriend at the door
But not your brother

Or your sister
Or your mother
Nor your father

Because they’re all gone.
They aren’t in-betweeners

You are an in-betweener
You can’t decide between 
Life And Death

Your grandfather is a man of little words, but he talks to you while you sleep
Your grandmother is sewing you a new blanket to put over your hospital one
Your Aunt cries, your cousin in her arms

Your boyfriend
Well
He just walks out the door

You’re an in-betweener.
You have a choice to make
Will you move on?
Or will you live?

You’re so tired
So
So tired

You close your eyes
You can see the veil
Is that where you want to go?

You can see your mother on the other side
Your brother
Your sister
Your father

But you open...

How It Started (Might be a little sensitive)

I can't remember the last time I was happy.

It all started in fourth grade. I had a friend, we'll call her Daisy. Daisy was a second grader and I was a fourth grader, yet we were practically inseparable. Both dealing with medical conditions, we gained a bond over pain, and medical experiences. She was the happiest girl I ever knew. Always lifting people up. Suddenly, her conditions got really bad. She was hospitalized, and on her death bed. I didn't know until I showed up to school one day and she wasn't there. I had not been notified. I remember being devastated, missing my friend dearly. Little did I know how much I'd come to miss them. Only a few day later, Daisy died of brain cancer. That was the main drag of the year. My best friend died, and somehow, I knew things were only going to get worse.

Same year. Our family had friends, we'll call them...

Your View

Do My Opinions Even Matter LOL

1) School should start an hour later
2) WtW should become an official app
3) The world is going to end due to WWIII
4) SOLs should not exist
5) Bus drivers should actually be able to drive before being handed a bus
6) We should make technology to help clean our planet
7) Math sucks
8) Music helps one focus
9) Adds should be banned from youtube
10) See-saws should be illegal playground equipment (I've had some horrible situations with them)

Answers to the Q & A!

Hey guys! Welcome back!

Second Q & A answers are here! Glad to see that some people gave me questions. XD Took a bit there.

ajamwal ꒰•̹͡ິु•ິू꒱

Has there been a time where you ate WAY too much food? (that happened to me, oof)
Oof. YES! I stress eat, so I always eat way too much. Makes me feel sick after a while, but I enjoy it while I don't feel disgusting.

VSCO, e or soft girl?
To be honest. Probably a soft girl. 

Be silent forever and be able to listen, or talk and be deaf?
I'm going to say talk and be deaf. Most people would choose the same tbh. For me, I can read lips, and I kinda have school projects to present... XD

Half glass full or empty?
I'm not the most optimistic person around. I see it as half empty. 

What is your favorite song?
Oof. This is a hard one. I have to say...

Q & A | Ask Away!

Hello everyone! 

It's that time again. This is my second Q & A. Some people didn't get to ask their questions, so here's your time everyone! You can ask personal questions too. I don't mind. Can't wait to see what y'all have asked!

I Need Advice | Please Do Not Pass | Seriously

Guys... 

I'm growing close to the end of my time here. I feel so alone, and not many people are supporting me in writing. I had to give up singing, drawing, and more. It's starting to feel like I have to quite one of my only passions left too. I've been getting so much hate, and negative impact due to my writing, and it's making me toss and turn in my sleep, and struggle in English because everyone wants me to fail. It's miserable. I feel like I'm going on a rampage tonight, but I feel like freaking CRAP guys. I'm sick of it all. I feel like nothing I do is ever enough. Not even for me. I'm stuck between a rock and a hard place. If I continue writing, I'm going to feel emotionally drained, but it I stop writing, I'm going to feel emotionally over-loaded. What do I do? T=T 

Sit down. We need to talk.

Sit down.

We need to talk.

I'm tired of the way that I've been treated.
Sick of the way I'm judged.
I'm feeling kind of weak against the harshness of the words,
That speak out against my life.

I'm trying to cope with the peer pressure
To stop with my writing,
but It's getting hard to overcome
and I can slowly feel myself sinking.

I'm aggravated by the way that I've been spoken to.
The way I've been yelled at 
And tormented 
for what I want to do.

I'm growing impatient 
because your authority over me
is the only thing
that has tipped the scale in your favor.

I'm done with being called things
Such as try-hard,
and nuisance,
and nerd.

I'm failing
To let my fingers type
Because everyone is baring their teeth at me
When I touch the keys.

I'm stuck going around the merry-go-round
For you keep sticking the coin back in
I can't jump off without...

Novel Writing Competition 2019

Deep In The Woods

I pressed my nose against the cold glass window of the small white Sedan. I couldn’t see in the dark easily, but I knew there were only miles upon miles of trees past my view. The engine hummed softly in the background like a waltz. I felt eager to leap out of the vehicle.
    The car slowed as we turned onto a long dirt road. It was spooky in the dead of night. Trees shrouded both sides of the claustrophobic path my dad considered a road. I couldn't say why, but it reminded me of The Blair Witch Project. There was hardly any human interaction here. The only time I would really see other people was apparently at school. Even then, I knew I’d be an outcast.
    My dad turned down an even smaller road. I could see a cabin at the end. It was not your typical log cabin; I could tell it was high-tech. Lantern...

Being Someone (Poem #2)

Sometimes you want to be someone
But you know you can’t be.
Because something is stopping you
From being that one thing

You can’t sleep at night
Your mind is racing
What if I said this?
Would it even make a difference?

When you go to say something
You find you can’t do it
Because you were shoved down too far
So far your drowning in the dark

You search and search
But you can’t find your way out
And you scream and scream
Till your throat becomes sore.

You pound your head on the floor
Tears falling from your cheeks
You can’t get a hold
Of that one thing your trying to keep

Your sanity is your downfall
You read to keep in fantasy
But your too far
Your drowning in the deep dark sea

You curl up on the floor
Hands shaking like your insane
Sometimes you wish you were
Because your heart feels broken

You hear whispers...

Fears of the heart | #novelistofthefuture

I stare at him from the other side of the window, silently watching. His eyes are wandering the blank walls of the space he stood in. Blaine Crosby and I were from two different sectors of the school, and had both ended up in the nurse's headquarters. I'd compare myself to a rat, but I'm so much less than that.

Blaine was so much more.

He couldn't harm a fly, come to think of it. His golden eyes turned in my direction. He stared at me with such intensity; judging my appearance. His eyes met mine. I couldn't hold his gaze. He couldn't harm a fly, but he could do so much worse. He was an angel at best, and fallen at worst. It wasn't really his fault he did what he did. But it hurt.

The nurse came into my room, pulling out a long, sharp syringe. "Hold still, doll," she told me as she started cleaning the spot...

What would happen if my dream came true? | # Sparking Creativity Contest

If my dream came true, my life would never be the same.

I don't ask for many things in my life anymore. Christmas list: Markers and a sketch book. Money for books. That's basically it. However, if my dream came true, I might be able to do many more things.

The only dream I truly have anymore is to... how do I put it... make myself less of a burden. I know it'll never really happen. I feel sorry for anyone who meets me in person. In case you're new to me, I deal with scoliosis. It's a curvature in your spine that can deform you, kill your heart, and or possibly suffocate you. Due to a blood disease, EDS, I have tremendous amounts of pain. And when I'm in pain, everyone else hurts with me.

I always feel like I'm in the way of everyone else's success. My mom is in online schooling, and when she has to take...

Child Narrator

I Can't Wait to Meet You Dear Sister

I couldn't understand why Mom was crying. She was rubbing her big round belly in soothing strokes. I wish she'd do that to me, but she always seemed too tired to do so. She was on the phone with Dad as she chopped up a banana for me to eat. It was cool how Mom could multitask. 

"I need you to take me to the hospital Josh," Mom said softly as tears ran down her cheeks like little rivers. I'd asked Mom what was wrong earlier, but she said it was fine and went straight to the phone. She paused as Dad said something. I could hear his throaty voice coming from the speaker. "We lost her Joshua. We-" Mom's face turned pink. I didn't realize Mom could change colors. It was cool to watch. Some days she'd be white. Others green. A couple days she was pink, and other times she was blue. 

Dad started talking again. I don't...

Cemeteries Are Where The Dead Men Live

I touched the frosty window of the school bus, looking out over all the tombstones dotting the field on the other side of the worn-out road. They were a couple centuries old. Most were cracking, and covered in gnarly vines. The ground was laden with grey fog, and the dreary sky over-head didn't help the eerie vibes coming off the plot. 
    My home was far from school. They still came for me with my own personal bus though. Every time, there was a new driver.  I can't blame them. They had to drive through an abandoned tunnel, enter the Dead-Wood Forest, pass three, very old cemeteries, and then drive through the iron gates to my family's desolate property. If I were them, I wouldn't want to go either. 
    Especially with all the men wandering around the hills.
    Some milled about, and others watched the broken road. Their bones were coming apart like a toothpick...

"I am not the one who's bowing. You have yet to bow to me."

Heed my words,
Young man.
For one day,
You will see.
Every girl is falling.
Falling on their knees.
For you.
To you.
And yet you still can't see.
Your breaking every girl's heart,
So you might keep yours free.
Among those girls,
I am one.
But I'm invisible to you.
You walk into the room...
You send shivers down my spine.
You sing as you strum your guitar...
I can't help but sing along.
You play with your friends in the hallways...
I can't help but watch.
You don't know what you do to me,
Young man.
But one day...
One day you'll see.
Those flawless knees of yours
Will FINALLY start to bleed.
And one day,
I won't see you either.
Because you'll be bowing to me.
So, you see young man,
It's not I who is bowing.
It's you who has yet to bow to me.
Heed my words,
Young man.
For one day,
You will see. ...

"The City Of Broken Hearts"

Lexia Spears was thinking about Roman Sinclair again. Roman was a sad young man with calm blue eyes.

Lexia walked over to the window and reflected on her Desolate surroundings. She had always hated the City of Broken Hearts with its rainy, rare river of red. It was a place that encouraged her tendency to feel sad.

Then she saw something in the distance, or rather someone. It was the lonesome figure of Roman Sinclair.

Lexia gulped. She glanced at her own reflection. She was a young woman with a thin frame and eyes of pure silver. Her friends saw her as an ancient, attractive Angel.

But not even an angel who had once longed for love, was prepared for what Roman had in store today.

The rain hammered like a stampede of horses running through the dark clouds, making Lexia feel lost in her mixed emotions.
Lexia grabbed at her hood that had been folded neatly on...

#wattlebird

The cold wind bit through America's thin sweater and whipped her auburn hair across her pale face. Dark grey clouds cast shadows along the ground, foretelling heavy snowfall. America stood on the porch of her brother's old shack. She was staying with him for a couple months until the bad weather dissipated. 

"At this rate, I'll be here my whole life," America muttered bitterly. It wasn't that she hated her brother. He was just... different. She didn't know what to expect from him. Last she heard, he'd just come out of an asylum. She couldn't get him to tell her if he worked there, or was a patient. However, she assumed it was the later on the list.

"Mer?" 

America turned to find her brother opening the screen door behind her. His face was covered in dirt and grime, and he held his hands in his pockets. That was unusual for him. He usually hated having his hands in a...

I Need Something To Write | Help Me PLEASE!

Hey fellow WtW members!

I love to write. Unfortunately, the time in my life is stressful, and I can't seem to think of what to write. So... I'm leaving it up to you guys! 

What you can do to help me, is choose one of the following. Anyone can use these. What they are are the first few sentences of a chapter. I want to know your thoughts. What other sentences could I use? What topics should I delve deeper into / ponder more thoroughly? Thank you!

1) I remember the whole scene in slow motion. I didn't have time to think about what I should do. My first reaction was to hold my mother's hand like I did back then, but even that would not shake the shill sense of terror reining over my body. 

2) Romance was not her thing, but when it came to a boy named Brett, she was knocked off her feet. Brett Savage was...

The Candle #festivities

The crowds are gathered around the canals
Candles light up the paths where many feet trod
Lanterns fly high over heads 
shining like stars over the thousands in attendance
Calming music plays from the speakers in the trees
Couples kiss underneath the twinkling fairy lights
Kids smile as their parents help them place their own lights in the water
The moon beams as people enjoy it's dim light.
Hearts swell as blessings are spread
Remembrance for those who are lost
And hope for those who have lived.
I place my own candle into the water
and send it off with a tap
I watched it join the others
For a very brief moment
I felt touched by love that was not my own
Standing, I walk away
Glancing over my shoulder
I smile at the joyous laughter and dancing
Brought to those who came
To our very own
Light Festival.

Past Memories -Chapter #8- (Sensitivities may be involved. This is your warning)

-CALLI-

I turn around and look at the boy behind me. Victor’s light blonde hair and stark blue eyes are bright in the light of the unfaltering sun. Unlike my clear blue eyes though, his are dark and swim in small pools of green.

“I don’t think that where I’m going concerns you,” I tell him, off-put.

Victor shrugs. “Does it have to do with your boyfriend?” he asked nonchalantly. 

“You wouldn’t care even if it did, Victor,” I quipped. I spun on my heel and started to walk away once more, but Victor wasn’t having any of that. 

“I’m starting to wonder why you wouldn’t accept my offer.”

I frown at him. “What offer?”

The smile on his face dissipated when he realized I was dead serious. 

“I offered you a place, Callina. You never gave me an answer last year. I want one for our last year.”

I gasped when I recalled what he was talking about. It...

Past Memories -Chapter #7- (Sensitivities may be involved. This is your warning) (Revised)

-CALLI-

I waited at the school entrance for Maven. I couldn’t stop wondering how hard he hit Daddy. I mean, no one got memory loss from a light smack to the head. I’d spent hours upon hours talking to him, and he couldn’t seem to recall anything. I felt so awkward as he cried. I was not used to seeing old men cry. No offense to him. 

The crowd of students thins, and I finally see him. He’s exiting an army-green Jeep Wrangler. His brown hair has a mild gold tint in the early morning sun. He’s wearing a plain white tee, with faded ripped jeans. He has a hoodie tossed over his shoulder. However, no matter what he wears, the only thing I could focus on were his eyes. They were trained on me, but had dark purple bags under them. The steel grey color was dull. It looked like he’d aged ten fold in one night. I couldn’t...

THANK YOU GUYS FOR 25 FOLLOWERS!!!!!!!!!

OMG! I never thought I would get to this day! We're a quarter of the way to 100 followers, guys! That's a big deal!

I still can't believe it!

Thank you to:

rosemarywisdom: My first follower! Thank you so much!

ajamwal ꒰•̹͡ິु•ິू꒱: My second follower! Thank you as well! I deeply appreciate the comments on my novel, and love your writing, as well as your prompts!

Gabriel Ziemba: Third follower! Thanks for sticking with me!

DragonGirl54860: Yay! Thank you dear friend! Love you writing, and am glad for the support you give to me! (Go check her out btw!)

Jilly17bean: Yas! Another wonderful friend from the real world! Love your writing dear friend! Thank you for supporting and caring for my well-being too!

Samina: #6 on the list is Samina! Thank you so much! I'm glad you are a follower!

Starlit_Sparkling_Skies: Thank you sooooo much girl! Thanks for reading through my horrible stuff,...

Ouuu! I HATE it! | #thingsihate

Okay. I've had a pretty rough day. So. Let's start from the top.

First off, I didn't have milk for my cereal. 

I had already poured the stupid cereal into the stupid bowl and when I opened the fridge, well, there was NO MILK. That isn't even the cruelest part. My brother had put an empty milk carton into the fridge. So, I actually thought there was milk! Who does that!? That's just flat out mean! Tricking your older sister into eating dry cereal for breakfast. Not fun bro. Not fun.

Then I get into the truck. 

The truck has seat warmers. Hehe... he... he.... Only the middle of the seat warms up. The sides don't. I sat there with the bottom of my butt warm, and the sides of it cold. Thanks a lot Chevrolet. I appreciate it deeply.

Then I get out of the truck.

And fall flat of my face because I miss the step.

Enough said....

You deserved it.

The blazing fire wraps around me like a blanket.
I can't feel the burning,
but the smell of burnt flesh touches my nose.
Almost like a feathery kiss in the wind.
You lied to me. Again. And again.
Letting me feel wretched inside.
Couldn't you have faked it?
I have nothing but a wish.
A wish you would not have sinned.
But not all wishes come true, you see.
Most go unheard of. No.
No one cares enough to hear your pleas.
Can't you see, Love? 
I'm burning in the fire that you started.
Can't you put an end to the sorrows?
The pain?
The regret?
Can't you listen, Love?
Can you hear their screams in your nightmares?
Not even the leaf of a yarrow could fix the damage you've done.
Scars caused by you cover my whole being.
They show the fears you carved into me.
The searing pain continues,
but I don't run away.
Rather, I sit, waiting...

Answers to the Q & A!

Hey guys! It's that time of month where I answer the Q & A. Yes. I know. I posted it the earlier today. But...I feel like those who are going to comment have commented by now. If not, then I also feel like it was enough questions for me.

I have a question for y'all. How do you re-post without getting rid of likes and/or comments?

Anyway, on with it!

______________________________

Drishti Bhatia:

I would like to know who inspired the character of Maven Verascue?

Who inspired Maven Verascue? For those of you who don't know what she's asking, go check out Past Memories. Anyhow, Maven is inspired by my friends who helped me during hard times. Some of them are actually on WtW. 

and-peggy:

What is your fourth favorite ice cream flavor?

Ooh. That's a good one. I'm going to have to say strawberry. 

Which is your favorite precipitation and why?

I've never been asked...

Time for Q & A!!

Hey everyone! I know this may be getting old at this point, but I want you guys to know more about me, soooo.....

You can ask about any of my writing. You can ask personal questions. You can even ask me the most random thing! I don't care at all! I'll answer it all truthfully too. Thanks for commenting!

Sorry that I followed the trend.

Past Memories -Chapter #6- (Sensitivities may be involved. This is your warning)

-MAVEN-

I walked along the side of the street, looking back at the broken house every now and then. Calli had showed me the door after I told her dad what he did. I was worried about how it would turn out. She said she was going to talk to him, but I feel like talking would make him want to drink more than he already did. 

My home was close to a forty-five minute walk from hers. Though I really couldn’t consider hers a home. I looked back at the house just as the light died in the window. Calli walked out of the house and watched me leave from the small porch front. I waved at her. Not a big, “I’m here! Look at me!” Rather, it was small enough she did not respond in the like. I continued to trot over the crest of the hill, and down onto the other side.

The moon was my only...

Will we ever know? (Can you help me know?) #NighttimeWonders

Okay. They're a little strange, but logical. Right?

-If you crash a car on purpose, does it still make it an accident?

-Are leaves called leaves because they leave the tree?

-If life is unfair to everyone, doesn't that make it fair? 

-What if I get scared half to death twice?

-Why do noses run, but feet smell?

-Are rocks soft, but tense up when you touch them?

-Why are pigs called pigs when they could have been called cows?

-Aren't we all more active in our dreams than in reality?

-If I changed one thing about the way I looked, would I have made the same friends as I did?

-What if things moving causes the Earth to be unbalanced and start spinning?

I realize it's more than three, but I seriously do want to know your thoughts about them. Comment your opinions down below.

You Don't See Me The Same. #NewSight

The first time I laid eyes on you, I fell in love. 
You didn't feel the same.
Every word you said to me, I clung to,
Whilst every word I said, you threw away.
I count the hours to when I'll see you again.
You count the seconds it takes to run away.
I see you as the prince in my book.
You see me as the ugly crook.
I see you play the violin like a big ol' champion.
You see me scribbling away like an elf to it's scrolls. 
I see you throw the ball like a love letter to me.
You see the ball as what it is; a strategy.
I see you as a fallen angel.
You see me as an awkward demon.
Every scrap of paper you handed me, I treasured like my life.
Every poem I wrote you, you left it in the rain.
When our eyes met, I saw you as the charming...

Rain or Shine

A Piece of My Life. (I want no sympathy. I'm only hear to help others see)

The world is not a place of happiness. Though there are happy moments, more than half the world has befallen to depression. And I will admit, I'm one of them.

First, I'll share my story, and let you decide. Then, I'll explain how I fight for this, and why. 

It all started back in December of the year 2016. I was ten at the time. I'd undergone many health issues leading up to the big one, but somehow, I knew that it would not be the end. I went to the doctor for a daily check-up. By daily, I mean every couple of weeks. My doctor noticed that my shoulders, and back, were slightly uneven. She knew something was wrong right from there.

That was only the beginning.

As my doctor suspected, I started having back pain. My mom thought I injured myself whilst playing softball. After all, I was too young to have chronic back pain, right?

The pain...

Past Memories -Chapter #5- (Sensitivities may be involved. This is your warning)

To the Reader:

Hey guys! I'm glad you've stayed with me throughout this journey. I've submitted the third chapter of it! So far, everyone has been attached to the characters, so I'm keeping the chapters coming. Sorry this update was slow, but I've been kind of sidetracked lately. Trying to get my mojo back for writing this!

You all wanted to know what happened next. 

Here we go!

_____________________________

-MAVEN-

I look at Calli with what I assumed was a dazed expression. Her cheek was already swelling where her dad had slapped her. I couldn’t believe it. She was getting punished for me coming into the house. Her helpless blue eyes were sad, and cold. I could see her father in her features, but I knew she wasn’t as ugly as he was on the inside.

“You should go,” she repeated firmly. Her eyes said something different. A plea to save her. A plea to freedom. I was frozen in...

We All Grew Up #tellastory

They were five...

Jess sat with her three buddies since preschool. They were practically inseparable. First, there was Jess. She had bright auburn hair that matched her dark green eyes perfectly. Next to her, you had Nikola. He was a year older than the rest of them, missing the deadline by only a few days. Across from Jess sat Everett. He was the brat of the group, always getting them into trouble with Mrs. Everheart, their teacher. On the other side of Jess -across from Nikola- was Christina. Christi was the worry-wart of the four of them. Even at their young age, the four children were more trouble than it was worth. Not only were they best friends, but they all lived right next to each other. Their parents had a hard time controlling them, and more often than not had to take them to the park where they didn't wreak havoc on the street.
     One day, while...

Blinding Love

I touched the contours of his face. Rubbing my thumbs over his eyelids. Tracing the line of his lips. I patted his cheek softly, and tapped the tip of his nose. I smiled up at my brother. "Almost done."

"You know it's me, Apple. You don't need to do this every time I wake you up."

I ruffled his hair, wanting to cry, but not knowing how to. "I know. I just want to make sure you're still with me."

Leaning back, Leo patted my head, helping me sit up, and guiding my hands to the breakfast platter he'd brought me. The smell of eggs and bacon reached my nose with utmost certainty that I would crave them. Picking up the fork, I searched around for the egg. When I couldn't find it, Leo took the fork from my hand and fed me a piece. Reaching out, I picked up a piece of bacon and stuffed it into my mouth. 
...

Calling All Fellow WtW Members! Do You Have Any, "Shower Thoughts"?

Hello Fellow WtW Members!

What better time to think but in the shower? When the hot water is cascading down on you, you can't help but wonder about things. You can write a separate piece titled, #showerthoughts (No capitals please!) Or you can comment down below. Comments are preferred. Keep it appropriate please! Have fun! Can't wait to see them all!

Arctic Dreams

A change in season.

The winter is harsh, taking the lush green grass, vibrant leaves, and creatures away from viewpoint. The black ice on the road creates death and panic. But as the snow melts away, and the buds starts to bloom, I see the true beauty brought by a change in season. 

Universal Knowledge

Hope

We all speak and act in hope every single day, whether we know it, or not.

Lunar Phrases

The moon

And the moon hung among the stars like a sore thumb
Just like the big girl with tiny models as friends

See if you find the coded message. Comment down below if you do...

I promise what I'm going to say to you won't be so sad. I hope you understand what that means. If you don't, I'll put it for you this way. 

The world I live in is centered around lies.

There. I said it.

You can stop reading now, or you can continue to hear my pleas and cries.

Please read very carefully

Eternally, I'm grateful to all the readers out there

So I'm sorry that I've written some babble that has alarmed people

A strange thing has been revealed

But before I tell you, you have to understand.

Outside is where I'm hiding

Under the willow tree by my porch

Time is ticking away

Lie on the ground with me

I know it sounds like a weird thing to say

Eventually, you will see what I see

So... have you seen it yet?

On and on you read

Next time, you will see

Look again...

You see it yet? Look...

Who am I to tell you...?

Who am I to tell you
What you can be
The lack of faith in ones self
Cannot be that healthy

You held back 
Whilst they judged
Letting them beat you
howe'er they pleased

Who am I to tell you
That you're not worth it
To say that you're a fool
Who fell in love too quickly

Who am I to tell you
How you must live
When you already gave
Your heart away

You wait for them to brand you
Into what they want you to be.
To give them what they want
Who you are not supposed to be

Who am I to tell you,
"What are you waiting for?"
When I'm waiting myself
For your heart to heal

Who am I to tell you
To say to you
That the world underestimated you
When I did so too?

I wish I could mend the heart that I broke
Take back the things I said
Because you're not...

Why is it silent?

I woke to the sound of silence.

Yes. Silence has no sound, but it the deafening quiet was loud to my ears. It had never been this quiet before. New York was never quiet.

I sit up slowly, as if waiting for something to leap through the window and attack me at any second. I felt stiff. It was like my whole body had become a brick all of a sudden. Before I knew it, I was on my feet, drawing the curtains back. 

I lived on the 519th floor of the tallest building in the world; The Tower Of Docialles. The building had been built in 2067, but it still stood sturdy. For being one-hundred and eleven anyway. 

I rubbed at my eyes at what I was seeing. By seeing, I mean not seeing. No cars were hovering outside my window. No people were walking past with their umbrellas that let them fly. No one hover boarded above everything...

M I S T A K E S

I made a huge mistake...

I know I messed up.
You told me not to fall in love.
You told me that it would only end it hate, and sadness.
Now that I've made the mistake,
I wish I could erase myself from existence. 
It's hard to watch you laugh with someone else across the room.
Awkward when you do talk to me.
I miss the way you'd smile when I laughed.
The way you stared at me when I was with my friends.
I guess I got the wrong impression.
I guess I learned my lesson.
It's impossible to love anyone.
You made me aware of that.
Love is a war that cannot be one.
It'll only end in the death of two people
and their feelings.
their emotions.
Love is not a simple game that we can play.
Not a toy.
Not a savior.
Love breaks hearts
It does. 
It broke mine.
I told you I loved you...

Dear sister...

Dear sister,

I could say that I tried. But I really didn't. The world doesn't make sense anymore. This doesn't even make sense. I miss the way things used to be. Just me and you. You and me. Just... us. Now I'm sitting here all alone, sobbing tears of hate for the world. I'm unstable. He's insatiable. 

I miss you with all my heart, dear sister. I only wish it were possible for you to write me back. You'd tell me what to do. What I would be able to do.

The world keeps on spinning, yet it feels like I'm swimming through an endless pit of molasses. It's honey-like thickness fills up my lungs. I can't breathe. Yet, I never seem to die.

It's gotten unbearable now. People make fun of me. They laugh at me for being alone. They all have boyfriends, parents, siblings, and buddies. I'm sitting here on the swing by myself. Writing to you...

Sam and Leroy are in my head... #hybrid

I can't say I'm not scared,
Because I am.
A figure of my imagination
They named Sam.
Tall and thin.
An alien.
Can't say I like him.
Will it end?
He sit on top of me,
Nose only a fingertip from mine.
Not that he has a nose really
They're not fine.
A cousin named Leroy.
That's what he said.
Sam and Leroy
In my bed.
In my waking reality now.
They follow my footsteps;
Watch me like a fowl 
In the treetops. 
The growls and the scratches
Keep me awake,
But it's not enough
for them to dissipate.
Wish I could be normal.
No personas in my head.
No Sam or Leroy 
In my bed.
Leroy spins his head around
Letting it fall to the floor.
Horns are red like the devil's spire
He leans against the door.
He's laughing at me.
Calling his name.
Angrily he's plotting
My demise.
With those red eyes
Like blazing fires.
Same is...

To the competitors (Joining and Joined) of #2019Spoopy

Hey guys!

So far, we only have one submission for the October prompts, so here I am to post it again. If you wish to participate, give this page a star, and write a comment. There are rewards for this! They'll be listed down below. As for now, here are the prompts of the #2019Spoopy competition!

_______________________________________________________________________

Prompt #1:

Give us something suspenseful! As Halloween approaches, no one knows what's just around the corner. Give us something that captures attention the whole time. 

Prompt items:

-Pumpkin

-Forest

-Axe

Prompt #2:

Give us something unpredictable! Create a short story with an unexpected twist! Now, this can be a retelling of a story, or your own. Be creative with this one!

Prompt items:

- A large house / mansion

- A brother and sister

- A costume

Prompt #3:

Write something spine chilling. This can be a poem, or any other kind of writing. This one will only have one...

Past Memories -Chapter #4- (Sensitivities may be involved. This is your warning)

Disclaimer: None of these events have happened to me, and I hope they never will. 

The links for the previous three chapters are in the footnotes.

Other than that, enjoy!

______________________________________________

-CALLI-

I shut my locker with a slam. I didn’t intend for any of this to happen. Now things weren’t as smooth, or secure as I thought they would be. Ever since Maven showed up, I hadn’t been able to keep anything to myself. Sometimes I didn’t even have to say anything and he’d just know.
    Now, he’d forced himself to walk me home, and take me back to his place. I tried to tell him no, but something inside me was screaming yes the whole time. I guess I really needed a break from my real-world problems. Even my every action had been thrown off balance. 
    Not to mention Brenda calling me a friend. I didn’t know how I felt about it. I never wanted people...

Past Memories -Chapter #3- (Sensitivities may be involved. This is your warning)

Disclaimer: None of this has happened to me. Do not be alarmed by whatever happened/happens in this series!

If you have not read Chapter #1, or Chapter #2, the link is down in the comments.

Other than that, there's nothing else to say.
____________________________________________

-MAVEN-

I stare at her sitting there. Her hair was covering her gorgeous clear eyes. Her hand was hovering over a rainbow of bruises. 
    I was stunned into silence. Every previous thought spaced my mind as I stared at the broken being in front of me. I could feel my mouth moving in response to Calli’s soft-spoken words, but no sounds were coming out.
    “What are you doing, Maven?” she repeated harshly, all cautiousness gone from her silky smooth voice.
    I tried to swallow, but my body seemed to have shut down. What do you do in a situation like this? “I-I don’t know,” I whisper hoarsely. Why was I hoarse? I’d...

Past Memories -Chapter #2- (Sensitivities may be involved. This is your warning)

I slowly climbed the stairs up to the bedrooms. The stench of Daddy’s liquor was stronger up here. It had only been an hour and a half since I left, and he was already drunk. I could tell. 
    Quickly and quietly, I ran into my bedroom, closing the door behind me softly. As long as Daddy didn’t catch me, I’d head back to school. Heading to the closet, I opened up the small space. The space that I was last found. The place I was last tortured. Shuddering at the recent memory burned into my mind, I pulled out another black hoodie, and a pair of blue jeans. Carrying myself into the bathroom, I shut the door behind me. 
    How am I going to do this? I asked myself as I stare at the miserable person across from me. The mirror was dirty. Tinted yellow like all the other things in the household from Daddy’s cigars. My...

When will we tell them?

Not all stories start with, Once Upon A Time...

Not all stories end with, The End.

The beginning is always an end.

The end is always a beginning.

We tell children about queens and kings, princesses and princes, cats and dogs. Did we ever tell them about hatred and sadness? Pain and loss? Of course we wouldn't! Their innocent souls after all... right?

We create a mental image where we all get happy endings in the mortal world. Create scenarios that might tell children they can have and do whatever they want. We just gave them false hope for the future.

I say this as a teenager. When will we tell them that our world is falling apart? When will we show them what we did wrong in our lives? When will we tell them that their home life is a match to the bomb. It won't be long before they realize that the world is not how it...

Lost to her rage #hearmyvoice

I retraced my steps back from the old comic store, clutching the batman comic to my chest. It was around eight o'clock in the evening; the full moon sat on the horizon as if it were waiting for something huge. The sounds of a bustling New York City and my heels clicking against concrete were achingly familiar. I walked along the side of the jammed streets, passing a variety of vintage, muscle, and sport cars. Traffic lights dotted every corner with color, and the smells of pizza, chicken, and beef were overwhelming. 

My apartment was on the other side of town. I was in no big hurry, but I was extremely tired. My coworkers and I had been boxing and unboxing comic books all day long. You'd be surprised at how heavy they could get. The neon lights of the store were pretty hard on the eyes also, adding extra exhaustion to my body. If not for the honking and...

One-Liner

The world through my eyes

Everything is in motion, so don't try to stay still.

My Dungeons and Dragons Back Story #3

Chapter Three:

Present Day:

Age: 103:

I stared at the faded gold letters of The Dopu a Vita. Nadu had died when I was twenty-one. Though I didn’t go to his sending, I still remember Zebastian’s grief. Zebastian’s tears as he walked past it every day.

I guess I didn’t realize they were suffering the same fate. Octavian, the new store owner, walked outside. He’d just opened shop. I still hadn’t changed out of my blood-soaked clothes. When I left the Hartvile Manor, I hadn’t had the energy to walk all the way home. I didn’t really let myself think about what happened. If I did, I would only become a shell of my being.

More elves had started to arrive to the markets. Soon, they’d spot me, and I’d have to make a run for it. I knew I’d have my name and description spread around the small town. Word travels fast around these parts.

Standing, I trudged...

My Dungeons and Dragons Back Story #2

Chapter Two:

93 Years Ago:

Age: 10:

I shivered, curling up against my brother. His red eyes and white hair matched my own. I always found it fascinating how people looked so alike, and yet were so different. Zack smiled at me, his lavender hand holding my charcoal one. “It’ll be okay Zam. It’ll be okay,” he told me, kissing my forehead.

Mother leaned over the bowl, puking again. More red blood coming out of her system. Zack covered my eyes, and tucked my head against his shoulder. “Don’t watch. It’ll only haunt your dreams.”

Zebastian stroked my hair. Though he was not of the same blood, he was very much my older brother. Both of them were. I loved them to the point that I couldn’t express it through words. I would not cry. I could not cry. I had to be strong. For them. For my own sake.

Mother gagged as more blood came out of her stomach....

October Prompts 2019 #2019Spoopy

Hello everyone!

So... my friends and I are having a monthly prompt fest! We decided that since Tomorrow is October 1st, we'd give it a shot. I know there are a lot of prompts going on right now, but I hope these add more of a variety to your daily writing! Comment down below whether you think this is a good idea for me to be doing. (Insert sweating emote) Anyway, enough of my talking. Let's get on with the prompts!

___________________________________________________________________________________________

Prompt #1:

Prompt items:

-Pumpkin

-Forest

-Axe

Prompt #2:

Prompt items:

- A large house / mansion

- A brother and sister

- A...

Six-Word Story

Six Words

Her sad eyes said it all...

My Dungeons and Dragons Back Story

Chapter One:

Present Day:

Age: 103

I stare into Alastair’s room through the third story window, my red eyes wandering and memorizing everything about it. The son of the Mayor had promised me information. Vital information. And I was prepared for anything. I rubbed my charcoal skin. I only ever came out in the nighttime, but every once and a while I would come out in the shadows.

Suddenly, I see him. His blue skin is shadowed with greys. His pale eyes symbolized his elf heritage. He scans the room. Most likely looking for me. I let my lips curl up, showing off my cheshire smile. He looked over at the window, finally seeing me. 

Striding over, he opened up the thin glass so I could slip inside. I held the small package in my small hands, watching him. Studying him. I could see distaste in his eyes. I knew something was going to go wrong tonight, but I had...

From the Survivor...

Mom lies 
It’s her tongue
Dad cries
That’s his song

The daughter screams 
Inside her cage
The son 
Is stuck on the same page

It’s a house of rage
Of sorrow
Of pain
Of guilt

Emotions whirl throughout 
Their kind
Ghosts of their past
Haunt every corner of their minds 

The heavens open up
And the rain pours
Rather than cleaning
It drowns

And the thunder rolls

The lighting in their eyes
From their drenched souls
Captivates
The demons inside

Mom lies
It’s her tongue
Dad cries 
It’s his song

The daughter screams
Inside her cage
The son
Is on the same page

Rather than breathing
They suffocate
Under the crushing weight
Of simply being

And their blood is ice
Blue and cold
And their bones rattle
As if they were killed

And maybe they were
Who knows exactly?
Because it’s a house 
Meant for the insane

Chapter 1 (Underdog)

CHAPTER ONE
    I pressed my nose against the cold glass window of the small white Sedan. I couldn’t see in the dark easily, but I knew there were only miles upon miles of trees past my view. The engine hummed softly in the background like a waltz. I was eager to get out of the car. I couldn’t wait to have a much needed stretch.
    The car slowed as we turned onto a long dirt road. It was spooky in the dead of night. Trees shrouded both sides of the claustrophobic path my Dad considered a road. I had no idea why Dad was moving us out to a remote town named Oscarsville. There was hardly any human interaction here it was so far away from other civilization. The only time I would really see other people was apparently at school. Even then, I knew I’d be an outcast. After all, most of the new kids were.
  ...

We All Grew Up #tellastory

They were five...

One day, while...