Eden Lee

I'm just a girl who loves reading, writing, and musicals.
*Harry Potter*
*Les Mis*
*Falsettos*

Many people think they know what they see when they see me, but what they see is not what they think is what they see, but instead what they want to think they see.

Human Connections Essay Competition 2019

My Scoliosis Sister

​ It started with a simple mistake, blossomed into a wonderful friendship.  It started with the first day of 7th grade. I didn't know anyone in my classes so to say I was nervous would be an understatement. We were in the 2nd period. Then I saw her. I thought she was an old classmate of mine so I waved. Little did I know this would be the start of a friendship that would later change my life. 
         Later that day, in another class we had together, I made a bold move and decided to sit next to her. Then I realized that she wasn't the old classmate but at this point, it was too late. So I said “Hi!” and then we got to talking. I introduced myself and she followed, by saying, “My name is Daniella, but you can call me Dan”
         Now at this time, I had just had a falling out with a...

My Scoliosis Sister

My Scoliosis Sister

A friendship started with a simple mistake, blossomed into a wonderful friendship.  But it started with the first day of 7th grade. I didn't really know anyone in my classes so to say I was nervous would be an understatement. We were in the 2nd period. Then I saw her. I saw who I thought at the time was an old classmate of mine so I waved. Little did I know this would be the start of a friendship that would change my life. 
         Later that day, in another class we had together, I make a bold move and decided to sit next to her. At this moment I realized that she wasn't the old classmate but at this point, it was too late. So I said “Hi!” and then we got to talking. I introduced myself and she followed, she said, “My name is Daniella, but you can call me Dan”(not her real name). 
 ...

When You Were Here

The seconds pass by the second 
Yet how could they feel so long
My heart yearns for you 
My heart should know what this feels of
Yet if I were to see you
Tragedy would ensue 
And I would be left here
Just like you left me before…
You were my sunshine
My only hope
When you left
My world fell apart
Now it's all ok now
But how do I feel
Still empty inside
Yet not tragic
But you are here
Standing in front of me
Oh what should I do

When You Were Here

The seconds pass by the second 
Yet how could they feel so long
My heart yearns for you 
Yet if I were to see you
Tragedy would ensue 
And I would be left here
Just like you left me before…
You were my sunshine
My only hope
When you left
My world fell apart
Now it's ok now
But you are here
Standing in front of me
Oh what should I do