CierraIsJustAName

Hi! I'm Cierra, also known as Cece. I love writing but I am struggling to find time to finish all of my pieces. The real question is if anyone will even like my pieces enough to remember them...

Please review my work and tell me what you think of it. Don't go easy on me, I am genuinely curious what people think of it. I plan on becoming a writer, so this is one of many steps to reach my goal!

Human Connections Essay Competition 2019

Careful Feet

Looking down. Most people consider this, upon seeing some human looking down, a sign of feeling an emotion of discomfort or sorrow. Or they could just be thinking. None the less, looking up is a good sign. You either want to see the world, or you have the choice to see it. The world was, and is, meant to be seen.

I always looked down. I wasn't sad, or confused, or scared. I was shy, yes, but no reason for looking down. I looked down so I could see my feet. I didn't want to trip. I didn't want to bump into anything, either, but my seven year-old-and-under logic was that if there was a pole or tree, I could also see it right before a painful mishap occurs. So I went through life half-knowing my surroundings, without taking things in, my dirty pink shoes my target. Smart move, Cierra.

My dad always taught me to take things in, enjoy...

Open Prompt

DID It Ever Occur To You...

I was scared. I knew it was still my time, but E wanted to come out. Kamila was sitting in her local library, studying with her friends for a calculus test. She was like every other normal teenager. Her parents were divorced, but she visited her dad every weekend. She had a small friend group. She had decent grades in every subject. There was nothing unusual about Kamila. What was unusual was the two other girls sharing her body.

Her friends started to notice that she was looking tense. They offered to take her home, but she denied their offers. She did not want them to meet E. She had dedicated a schedule for E and M to come out every so often, so she wouldn't be thrown off course with sudden changes. Sometimes, though, she wasn't strong enough to keep them in order.

Kamila has DID. DID stands for Dissociative Identity Disorder. It is a...

Careful Feet

Child Narrator

Fear Of The Naive. Fear Creates Habits.

What in God's name is a mocha milkshake, and who thought it was better than the vanilla? Tina checked the menu again. Yup, she wasn't mistaken, the mocha milkshake was getting better reviews. She huffed, thinking of the stupid teenagers and their stupid hormones and their stupid obsession with stupid caffeine.

"NEXT!"

Tina stopped her intense day-pondering, and grabbed her baby-sister's hand. She pulled her up to the counter, and said "What do you want, Bobbi?" The little toddler pointed at a picture of chicken nuggets. Tina turned back around and, tiptoeing to see the register, told the lady with curly red hair, "Chicken nuggets and a small soda, please."

"Anything else?"
    "Yes."
    "What else?"
    "I like your hair!"
    "Oh, um, thank you. What else do you want?"
    "Um."
    She turned at her mom. "Can I get two milkshakes?"
    "No, you can get one milkshake and a meal."
    "Bu-"
    "Order, Tina."

Tina huffed. She turned back to...

TV Is Black AND White

CLIFFORD: AAAAAAAAND Welcome back, to Good Morning Seattle. I'm your host, Clifford Rackson. (A man with dark, greased hair and a blazer, runs down to audience, high-fiving open hands. He runs back to his seat and stumbles gracefully into a sitting position.) Today on our schedule we our starting off with the weath-

TINA: (Woman struts in, with big blonde hair, dark lipstick, deep dimples and a polka-dot dress.) Now wait just a minute, Clifford! (She flounces to Clifford, waving to the crowd.) I'm your favorite co-host, Tina George. Now I hate to interrupt, but I think he made a mistake today! Isn't that right, folks? (Crowd screams in agreement.) Now, what is it you forgot, Clifford?

CLIFFORD: Well, I just don't know Tin- Oh my gosh! I can't believe it. First Monday of the month, how could I forget our monthly VIEWER CAAAAALLS. (Crowd screams joyfully.) For those of you new hear, the Monthly Viewer Calls is where...

TV Is Black AND White

Will you wait, as I did long ago?

Will you wait, as I did?
As you searched for heaven, or what you thought it was.
As you turned your backs to the kindest of words.
As I watched you break apart the cure we found, because it wasn't what you hoped. Someone could've used it.
As I watched you hate everything, like it is everything's fault.
As I held your hand to the other side, forgetting my needs.
As I watched you lock yourself in the bathroom.
As I screamed I STILL NEED YOU!
As I weeped when I waited.
As I watched hope leave me.
As I watched you walk out, convinced, for now.
As I tried to find solutions to keep you from trying to leave again.
As I watched you fall.
As I watched you cry.
As I let you hurt me.
As I watched your pain.
As I took it away.
I lay on a white bed, now.
You are healed, the equation has...

Careful Feet

Looking down. Most people consider this, upon seeing some human looking down, a sign of feeling an emotion of discomfort or sorrow. Or they could just be thinking. None the less, looking up is a good sign. You either want to see the world, or just you get to see it. The world was, and is, meant to be seen.

I always looked down. I wasn't sad, or confused, or scared. I was shy, yes, but no reason for looking down. I looked down so I could see my feet. I didn't want to trip. I didn't want to bump into anything, either, but my seven year-old and under logic was that if there was a pole or tree, I could also see it right before a painful mishap occurs. So I went through life half-knowing my surroundings, without taking things in, my dirty pink shoes my target. Smart move, girl.

My dad always taught me to take things in,...

Careful Feet

Child Narrator

Fear Of The Naive. Fear Creates Habits.

"NEXT!"

"Anything else?"
    "Yes."
    "What else?"
    "I like your hair!"
    "Um."
    "Bu-"
    "Order, Tina."

Tina huffed. She turned back to...

Food for the Soul

Just Pasta is not Just Pasta

One Serving:

-Handful of spaghetti (or fill a bowl with smaller types of pasta and use that amount)
-Plain tomato sauce
-meat (suggested: beef)
-onions, spices, (whatever you want, make your own! My own recipe isn't for the taking, sorry)

Boil water, put pasta in and boil till soft. Heat up sauce mixed with ingredients yada yada yada.. We have all heard this before, it isn't too difficult. Sorry, but I can't give you instructions on your own sauce. Just go with the flow, no recipe is not a recipe.

Careful Feet

Will you wait, as I did long ago?

Will you wait, as I did?
As I screamed I STILL NEED YOU!
As I weeped when I waited.
As I watched hope leave me.
As I watched you fall.
As I watched you cry.
As I let you hurt me.
As I watched your pain.
As I took it away.
I lay on a white bed, now.
I am healed, the equation has...

Flash Fiction Competition 2019

UNTITLED

Familiar scent, in The white room, so bright and clean, every time the beeping plays. She wrote. Her longing was to write "The End" before Bedtime. White robe man watched, her breathing calming. Writing was her truce with the bean in her head.The autobiography, almost finished. The girl longed for it to be seen by all. But it needed a name.

The beeping grew. Or shortened. It was time. "Let go." Voices blurred, pain calming. Was it time? Maybe not. She decided a name, finally, that moment. She named it, it was called-

""UNTITLED"
Autobiography of a Sick Girl"

Child Narrator

Fear Of The Naive. Fear Creates Habits.

"NEXT!"

"Anything else?"
    "Yes."
    "What else?"
    "I like your hair!"
    "Um."
    "Bu-"
    "Order, Tina."

Tina huffed. She turned back to...

Child Narrator

Fear Of The Naive. Fear Creates Habits.

"NEXT!"

"Anything else?"
    "Yes."
    "What else?"
    "I like your hair!"
    "Um."
    "Bu-"
    "Order, Tina."

Tina huffed. She turned back to...

Child Narrator

Fear Of The Naive. Fear Creates Habits.

"NEXT!"

"Anything else?"
    "Yes."
    "What else?"
    "I like your hair!"
    "Um."
    "Bu-"
    "Order, Tina."

Tina huffed. She turned back to...

Child Narrator

Fear Of The Naive. Fear Creates Habits.

"NEXT!"

"Anything else?"
    "Yes."
    "What else?"
    "I like your hair!"
    "Um."
    "Bu-"
    "Order, Tina."

Tina huffed. She turned back to...

Will you wait, as I did long ago?

Will you wait, as I did?
As I screamed I STILL NEED YOU!
As I weeped when I waited.
As I watched hope leave me.
As I watched you fall.
As I watched you cry.
As I let you hurt me.
As I watched your pain.
As I took it away.
I lay on a white bed, now.
I am healed, the equation has...

Flash Fiction Competition 2019

UNTITLED

""UNTITLED"
Autobiography of a Sick Girl"

Child Narrator

Fear Of The Naive. Fear Creates Habits.

"NEXT!"

"Anything else?"
    "Yes."
    "What else?"
    "I like your hair!"
    "Um."
    "Bu-"
    "Order, Tina."

Tina huffed. She turned back to...

Child Narrator

Fear Of The Naive. Fear Creates Habits.

"NEXT!"

"Anything else?"
    "Yes."
    "What else?"
    "Um."
    "Bu-"
    "Order, Tina."

Tina huffed. She turned back to the lady and looking up, trying to look older than eight, said, "One vanilla milkshake,...

Careful Feet

Child Narrator

Fear Of The Naive. Fear Creates Habits.

"NEXT!"

"Anything else?"
"Yes."
"What else?"
"Um."
"Bu-"
"Order, Tina."

Tina huffed. She turned back to the lady and looking up, trying to look older than eight, said, "One vanilla milkshake, and...

Careful Feet

Careful Feet

Flash Fiction Competition 2019

UNTITLED

""UNTITLED"
Autobiography of a Sick Girl"