ms.jordanmonique

The Fight for Justice

2020

You can bring out the dogs. You can bring out the tanks. You can bring out anything. We are not afraid. We can’t change. You can call us a million names. Negro, Black, Colored,or African. It’s unfair to judge us by our skin. At the end of the day we are not afraid. We are marching for our rights. We will forever stand even when the hurt bites. Even though, you beat us up. We still will forever fight for freedom. You keep shooting up our brothers, fathers, sisters, and mothers. Would you want to end up like Emett Till? There was leaders who tried to put this to a end, but they still shoot our family and friends. Yes they stopped slavery. Yes they stopped segregation. Would they ever stop gunning at us? Will we ever stop protesting at them? Will we ever stop racism?
     Wake up everybody, our people are leaving too fast.
People...

Human Connections Essay Competition 2019

For What it's Worth... by Jordan Monique Horne

I tune out the world with my beautiful music. They told me if I had a talent, then I should use it. I came up in a small town like Laurel Mississippi. It wasn't perfect, you'll hear a few gun news and shootings. Parents tried to keep me away from it all. They were trying not to let me fall. To be honest, it didn't help because my eyes and ears were still bare. It was like the whole world was unfair. It was like no one had no kind of love. Gratefully, we still kept everything pushing and kept our heads up. I had all these dreams, but didn't know what to do. I was always worrying about life and school. Luckily, I escaped through writing and singing skills. I always wanted to pay my family's bills. Everything in our family wasn't good. Through it all, they still told me to shine as I should. Sometimes I had so...

Through It All... By Jordan Monique Horne

I tune out the world with my beautiful music. They told me if I had a talent, I should use it. I came up in a small town called Mississippi. It wasn't perfect, you'll hear a few gun news and shootings. Parents kept me away from it all.They were trying not to let me fall. To be honest, it didn't help because my eyes and ears were still bare. It was like the whole world was unfair. It was like no one had no kind of love. Gratefully, we still kept everything pushing and heads up. I had all these dreams, but didn't know what to do. I was always worrying about my life and school. Then, I started escaping through writing and singing skills. I always wanted to help pay my family's bills. Everything in our family wasn't good. Through it all, they still told me to shine as I should. Sometimes I had so many breakthroughs. Since I...