Download

Victoria Martin

Nature lover
City slicker and suburban dweller
Arts school attendee
Twin
Part of the Take Action Legacy
Music and arts appreciator
Life long learner

Everyone has a story to tell,find yours.
Constructive criticism is greatly appreciated.

#Paganini'sviolin

I lose myself in a memory, in a painful reminder about who I was. Who I wanted to be and how insane it is to think I have come this far from there.
I'm sitting on splinters of wood paneled flooring and pins and needles. My grade nine body trembles earthquakes inside me  and my palms become so clammy I keep them on my kilt to try to absorb the sweat. My crisp new vocal folder is my only protection against the rest of the choir around me. In calls of confusion crossing in a cacophony with those of beckoning I stumble into my group and we begin. What is you name,grade and favorite flavor of ice cream. I struggle to compute theses questions into answers, my newly sleep deprived and coffee strained body is shot and the dream if existence without sleep and 5:00 am commutes finally is getting to my head. Somehow an answer slips out, and as...

#Paganini'sviolin

Hello, Could You Help Me Save the World?# hearmyvoice

I want to share something with everyone here on WTW.  I'm sure we have all heard about the inevitable hell that will become our world within the next 11-12 years. Knowing that we have heard about this impending doom I want to tell you that instead of ignoring or building anxiety about the state of our planet and future I instead implore you to change. I ask that you be a part of the global outcry from  millions of people to fight for our planet. In particular youth, who are fighting for a right to a future. It is astonishing that despite children fighting for something everyone should have as a right to from birth, we immerse ourselves in ignorance. How is it that I am expected to make choices that will help brighten my future if I now that swiftly and surely it will be snuffed out? I live in the ignorance of a world without having to worry...

I want to share something with everyone here on WTW.  I'm sure we have all heard about the inevitable hell that will become our world within the next 11-12 years. Knowing that we have heard enough about this impending doom I want to tell you that instead of ignoring or building anxiety about the state of our planet and future I implore you to change. I ask that you be a part of the global outcry from  millions of people to fight for our planet. In particular youth, who are fighting for a right to a future. I find it astonishing that despite children fighting for something everyone should have as a right to from birth, we immerse ourselves in ignorance. As a result of these actions, I'm asking that you pull your head out of the water  that drowns children such as us in apathy and incredulity that we can change.I ask that you breathe in air that is...

What Inspired Me to Write # hearmyvoice

I've been writing stories since I was a kid. I've been editing them as long as I've lived in a subconscious commentary that pervasively takes over my life. My whole life I've been writing, but only in my head. The stories I've put down on paper are only the ones I've caught in the constant changing ideas I have in my mind. I write now because it has been my life,and only now will I attempt to live it.
I write because I need it, I have stories to tell, characters to meet, places to visit, worlds and lives to live in. I am learning how to find these people,places and stories that live in my head. I write because I met myself on paper, I learnt who I am ,who I will not be and what it takes to be that person.
I will continue to find myself in these pages and dance among lined paper.
I write because...

Lost

I think I am lost.
I did not think this would be the cost.
But for my trial and error.
I must endure this unjust terror.

What Inspired Me to Write # hearmyvoice

I write because...

One-Liner

1-Liner(s)

1.My life continues from some inescapable push,one day I will fall over.(Excerpt)
2. Be selfish in a selfless way, to follow that of the human condition and use it's greed to spread prosperity.

rain contest

I sit on a cloud of contentment.
I said it before and I meant it.
Simply sitting in the late summer sun.
Watching each day blur into one.

BOOK RECOMMENDATIONS?

Hello fellow write the worlders. As school approaches (in Canada at least) I was wondering if anyone had any book recommendations for this school year. I find it particularly difficult to continue reading during  without knowing what I am going to read next. Any recommendations would be welcome. Happy end of summer or beginning of school to all.
 I am going to make a big list from all the recommednations that i get from you guys so everyone has iNspIratiOn for the next year. I hope it helps :)

Universal Knowledge

Without Words

We communicate our clandestine selves within a language not easily read but nonetheless omnipresent, our bodies betray us.

BOOK RECOMMENDATIONS?

Hello fellow write the worlders. As school approaches (in Canada at least) I was wondering if anyone had any book recommendations for this school year. I find it particularly difficult to continue reading during  without knowing what I am going to read next. Any recommendations would be welcome. Happy end of summer or beginning of school to all 

BOOK RECOMMENDATIONS?

Hello fellow write the worlders. As school approaches (in Canada at least) I was wondering if anyone had any book recommendations for this school year. I find it particularly difficult to continue reading during  without knowing what I am going to read next. Any recommendations would be welcome. Happy end of summer or beginning of school to all (:

BOOK RECOMMENDATIONS?

Universal Knowledge

Without Words

​The 4 and 1 White Walls

The walls aid in my selfish suffocation, it’s been three days since the accident and they have now become my constant companion. Pain, doors, and medication has isolated me from that world, barring me even further from speech and self. So I watch the world in my window, and it passes slowly, pane by unending pain. Perched above in patient strife I wonder my preposterous ponderings staying still, and waiting… 
Sentient not quite yet. I’m struck deeper with waiting for a means to end this. The time passes and with it the opportunity to finish. Even if I wait I still give my assistance to my cause, for the only way I live is to die a little each day. So I count up those precious days, hours and moments. Filling them up with words trapped in unconsciousness and get caught in my throat. Instead, they find their way into pens and spill scratches of ink onto pages..
Still, those...

Universal Knowledge

Without Words

​The 4 and 1 White Walls

Still, those...

Hope

Ashes 
Begin
 Collapsing
 Drowning 
Endlessly 
Foiable.
 Gone 
Hidden
 Inspiration 
Just
 Kindling.
 Like 
Memories 
New 
Open 
Proved 
Quiet 
Reminiscent 
Secrets. 
Tumbling 
Untoward 
Violent 
Wonders 
X-terminating 
Yearning for 
Zenith.

Learning Haiku

Haikus are pretty neat.
Kept in place with measured beat.
But when will they end?

In Under a Hundred

Live a life and fill it with meaning. Live with direction, but as to which one might be misleading. A story not prose, but this is the way my writing goes. Choose a topic and let that be the anchor. The ones that I know of are as appealing as a canker. But I must finish the story of not knowing what's right, never mind that now I simply must write. How can I surmise all the things that I’ve thought, looking back on this now it all seems for naught.

Flash Fiction Competition 2019

Scotch Broth

I remember my mums scotch broth or scrumptious scotch soup she would say to us as we would warm ourselves up in the bitter cold of a Canadian winter. "This soup is flavoured not with fancy spices or anything of that sort. This is the taste of your heritage, of the good times we had." She would say this to me in a Celtic lilting melody that blessed her voice. Now I make my own special scotch broth. Instead it burns the back of my throat, it keeps out the cold. They served both at her funeral.