July 2019

Elanor Mericle

I'm young and crazy
Christ is my savior
I'm half VSCO girl lol
I love my friends and family
I have a sweet cat named Shamoo <3
VIRGINIA TECH HOKIES 4EVER

Dream No. 3

The world was divided in two. Everything was white, as though powdered sugar had been sifted down on top of all the people, animals, and streets. There was no darkness, no gray. There were, however, shades of white. Don't ask me how it was so, because I simply don't know, or maybe I just can't remember.

I stood in a plaza, or perhaps a courtyard of sorts.

A lady walked down the marble stairs. She didn't appear to be human. The lack of color made my senses confused, for there was depth, yet there was no shadow. Her feet tapped slowly and softly on the white stone, and the ruffled edge of her gown brushed against it, giving one the image of paper being blown in the wind. The skirt was blank, laced with a misty sort of thread that seemed to float around her, not fasten it down. The bodice was heavily bejeweled, but the absence of all clashing...

Flash Fiction Competition 2019

Unborn

It starts as emptiness.

Then, pulling back darkness like a curtain...

A light. 

Starting as a faint pulse, just barely blinking through the darkness, it grows stronger, like invisible hands are pulling pieces of nothing and molding them into something. 
An unseen artist works the new vessel, pouring love into It like water.
A rhythm begins beating with the blinking light.

It lives. 

And it is wonderfully made.

But, oh, how quickly it can all be undone.
Dark, clumsy shadows dance across the light. A poison seeps into It, like smoke. 

The light wavers. 

Then, it goes dark.

Flash Fiction Competition 2019

Unborn

It starts as emptiness.

Then, under darkness, something begins.

A light. 

Starting as a faint pulse, just barely blinking through the nothingness, it grows stronger, like invisible hands are pulling pieces of nothing and molding them into something. 

It lives. 

And it is wonderfully made. 

But, someone has already made their choice.

It doesn't take long. 
The light wavers. 

Then, it goes dark.