K-9crazy

He who reads novels, gives his heart to the hand of the writer, to be twisted, opened, and torn apart at the author's every whim and fancy. It is only the brave who will take such risks, and it is only the writer who will make them.

If crying for the grief of others, weeping for the beggar's pain, and mourning for the loss of those you love all count for heartbreak, then every novel is a tragedy, and every reader is a forlorn soul.

"I have been bent and broken, but - I hope - into a better shape."
-Charles Dickens

Shout out to .amelia. the Ultimate Writing Challenge champion! Check out her winning piece "Love is..."

Peer Reviews

1AM #proudofthis

This is a piece that I really enjoyed reading. It was simple, short, and descriptive in a touching way. I have a question for you though. Did you actually write this piece at 1 am?

3 months

Fugitives | #boredwriter

I really like the first person narrative! And I love the characters. I will be sad to see them go.

3 months

The stolen sword | #rollthedice_2 | #ollie1stcomp

Good story, very surprising ending! I was drawn in right away by the title.

3 months

Primavera | #ekphrasis1

In your footnotes you said you thought your story was "too passive, and too vivid," adding, "but that's how I role." I think that your pieces have a distinct taste to them because of that. If you see the need to change it, then by all means do, but in my opinion, you preserve some mystery by the way you write, and I like it!

3 months

Spirits' gathering

Great job! A little clarifying could improve the piece, but I like how you wrote so many characters, each with their own unique personalities. I feel like I've known them all my life!

3 months

punishment/ocean/rain | ode to brooklyn and cities that break into shells

Definitely keep writing. You've shown a lot of talent. Write what you want to, right from your very heart.

4 months

lemon drop summers & chocolate streaked skies (revised!)

I would say this is the best piece you wrote for the challenge. I was definitely my favorite! Even the title seems to stand out in an eye catching way! Great job! I hope you keep writing for many years to come!

4 months

Hiding in the trenches

Great job! I loved this piece. Definitely spoke to my soul in a rare way.

4 months

hireath

Umm, I looked up your title and I think you may have the "a" and the "e" switched. It's supposed to be spelled Hiraeth. Again, great story!

8 months

Coralie and Jay's Adventure

PROMPT: Writing for Children Competition 2020

Happy writing!

8 months

Au Revoir

I like the foreign sound of your title, but since not everyone knows french, or is going to take the time to google it, you might consider adding the interpretation afterwards. Just an idea. And finally, thank you so much for taking the time to write such a unique and enjoyable story for the 2020 Children's competition. I hope you have a great week!

8 months

Ghostly Poppies #GOrwell2

Keep up the good work!

8 months

To Have A Mother

PROMPT: Flash Fiction Competition 2019

about 1 year

Home

PROMPT: Flash Fiction Competition 2019

about 1 year

Growing Pains

PROMPT: Flash Fiction Competition 2019

about 1 year

Praying

PROMPT: Flash Fiction Competition 2019

about 1 year

A Drafty Night

PROMPT: Flash Fiction Competition 2019

Your last sentence however, was a little uneven. "Quickly," implies speed of movement, but the immediate "and" puts a brake on it. Perhaps you could reword the sentence in such a way as to exclude the "and." Great job at adding mystery to your story! Happy writing!

about 1 year