Miss_S_wise

A 15-year-old imperfectionist, waiting for acceptance in a world that loves Sunshines and Roses...
POTTERHEAD, always.

Why I Write

Just Because I can

Why do I write?
A million-dollar question, isn't it?
Truth be told I honestly don't know. 

I don't write to feel the breeze across my face,
I'm privileged enough to own a fan.
I don't write to see the trees sway and birds chirp,
I wake up to that feeling every day.

I don't write to feel the paper underneath my skin,
Papers hold secrets. Secrets are dangerous. 
I don't write to see the ink flow out my pen.
Pens have caused me more pain than swords ever could

I don't write to gain any praise,
They're hard to find. 
I don't write to gain experience,
They're much too confusing.

I don't write to please others,
I end up failing their expectations. 
I don't write to please myself. 
I don't have any expectations. 

I don't write to find myself,
I'm well aware of who I am
I don't write to feel like my "true self". 
I am a storyteller, after...

Shadow kisses.

My shadow reminds me of the remnants of those kisses that vanished with you;
As soon as I stepped into darkness...

Shadow kisses.

My shadow reminds me of the remnants of those kisses that vanished with you; As soon as I stepped into darkness...

My December Competition 2019

The Feel of December.

The last day of November
‘Darn it’ I was grumbling curses about how cold it was in Delhi again and about the insanity of my school.
Whoever keeps exams in December?
I was walking home from my math extra class at 7 in the evening. The night was cold and dreary and cold. God, I just hate winter evenings. Well, not really. When I was a little girl, I used to love the fog that would escape my mouth when I’d sigh in the cold air, plus it was also the time of Christmas and New Year, even if we didn’t celebrate the former.
Well, a lot good it did to me. Math exam on 2nd December, who would’ve thought.
I hugged myself, shivering from the cold. At least it isn’t as bad as it was in Shimla last year.
I sighed, noticing the lack of fog that escaped my mouth.
Or maybe it is just the smog. I...

Chp 1: Numbing Pain

It was a matter of seconds...
...
...
I was dwelling on the voicemail I got from my sister that reflected the fear in her tone as I drove over the remote highway with no soul in sight.
"Will! This is Aurora here. I'm sorry I'm troubling you again but I'm not getting a good feeling about this meeting. Are you sure this was really important? Why would your clients hold a conference late in the evening. Nonetheless, I hope it went well and just-just, come home quickly. I love you" 
What is it that could have her so worried. She was acting weird today. It doesn't matter. I'm about to reach home anyway. I let my thoughts vanish and concentrated on getting home quickly. The road I was on, wasn't around a safe area and it was very late indeed.
I looked around the path and spotted a building with lights just a few miles ahead. Just as...

Lunar Phrases

The Moon?

The moon?
It was a faded shadow, a buried memory.
Hidden behind the curtains of solitude
or loneliness... or both
It was a burning desire and vanishing guilt...
It was a slithering attraction and slipping heartache
It was a reminder to me of gentle smiles... unique to it
I didn't know, that there was more than one of it... 

Chp 1: Numbing Pain

It was a matter of seconds...
...
...
I was dwelling on the worried call I got from my sister as I drove over the remote highway with no soul in sight. I heard the roaring of a bike engine behind me and looked at the rear-view mirror to see two bikers who overtook me from either side. They began to swerve sharply on the narrow road I had reached. They continued cross-moving until I closed in on them and realized with a start... They were blocking my path. I tried to honk and swerve past them but they kept me right where I was. I slowed my speed but that was a huge mistake for me, for when I was about to stop, another biker whom I had failed to noticed, with an iron rod, zoomed towards me and before I could make a sound, smashed my window and zoomed past my car. I instinctively brought my hand up...

Novel Writing Competition 2019

Hopes for the War

She sprinted away from him. She slammed into people, knocked down the towers of books of students and without any apology, she continued to run away. Panic searing in her body, disbelief stabbed her again and again in the chest, until it wasn't enough. A sob threatened to lurch out of her body, her feet stumbled as she kept herself from slipping. Her scarf had fallen open, the one that he gave her, that pale green silk scarf, the one that now seemed to choke her. She ripped it away from her neck and clenched it tightly in her hand. 
She continued to run, eyes blindly searching for an empty classroom or corridor, It did not seem to dawn on her, that she was climbing the stairs, that she had almost reached the terrace, that the path would get finished and she'd continue to run.
Sweat poured from every part of her skin, her hair was messy and was plastered...

Blind.

When I close my eyes, I see you...
When I open my eyes, I see you...
How lucky I am... to be blind...

Universal Knowledge

spoken

Last time I heard it... silence was the most hurting language ever spoken

One-Liner

I’m ok.

I wish I’d stop saying I’m ok, every time my heart breaks... 

Unchosen

I Stood there, tried to choose,
soaked myself with emotions let loose
unhealed wounds and scars
that stayed there for hours
with blurred eyes, I couldn’t breathe
with chest burning, I couldn’t see
I stood there for hours on end
without a soul, without a friend
I waited for an end, to start a beginning
but fate just wasn’t listening.
Why was I so afraid?
For, I had to choose, between a path
with a dead end and one that would never end
So, I waited and waited.
My tears dried but my heart cried.
My wounds closed, but I felt the pain.
But it did not help, the choices did not melt.
So with a sigh, I tell,
I did not choose.
Because if it hurts you,
then some doors are better left shut. 

Lunar Phrases

The Moon?

The moon?
It was a faded shadow, a buried memory.
I didn't know, it was a reminder of wounded smiles too. 

Chp 1: Numbing Pain

It was a matter of seconds...
...
...

Chp 1: Numbing Pain

It was a matter of seconds...
...
...
I was dwelling on the worried call I got from my sister as I drove over the remote highway with no soul in sight. I heard the roaring of a bike engine behind me and looked at the rear-view mirror to see two bikers who overtook me from either side. They began to swerve sharply on the narrow road I had reached. They continued cross-moving until I closed in on them and realized with a start... They were blocking my path. I tried to honk and swerve past them but they kept me right where I was. I slowed my speed but that was a huge mistake for me, for when I was about to stop, another biker whom I had failed to noticed, with an iron rod, zoomed towards me and before I could make a sound, smashed my window and zoomed past. I instinctively brought my hand up to shield...

Silent Tears

Silence... Empty words echoing my thoughts
Silence... Empty feelings filling my heart

Drop by drop, water drops down
drop by drop, I flutter my lids
A crystal of rain, a sound of silence
leaking down my pale frame

Down my lashes and pass my lips
the feeling of the fleeting kiss
I reminisce.

I stare at his back retreating
from the intense gaze of pools of green
which met the silver of smoke between
the orbs that were never seen

I breathe a gasp and shut my eyes
to view a memory full of cries
and stabs of grief and misery and pain
and wounded hearts these smiles hide

Cold and numb, empty and hollow 
unreal to unravel is my heart's sorrow.
The clouds rumble and sky cries
to hide my grief my tears arrive

But he hesitates and turns around
a moment of silence seems to haunt
He looks at me and I sigh
A moment of warmth flashes...