L3X∅L∅TL

:)

Ghosties

April 1st? No?

"Come on, it's time to wake up.", she says shaking me kind of roughly, I grumble at her, folding the pillow over my head.
"Gen and Jensen are coming out today-", I sit straight up at that, what?! No, Gen and Jensen aren't available to come until May 4th- oh God, okay yea she got me for a second, today's April 1st.
"You scared me!", I laugh, "Happy April Fools."
"What?"
"What?"
"It's May 4th, love. Are you feeling alright?"
"Alright you need to drop it.", I laugh, sliding socks on.
"Drop-wha-okay sure. Sure.", she walks off and I grab my phone. "May 4th", I mumble reading off my screen. No way. It was March 31st last night, it was. I grab Lex's phone, it says that too, how did she do that? The phones slide out of my hands, crashing to the floor.
"You alright in here?"
"Yea, sorry.", I put the phones on the bed.
"Come on let's...

Grateful for 2020

I've never really believed in the whole  'new year, new you' thing. I mean yea, it is a new year but you're still the same person you were last year, unless something detrimental happened of course. Either that thing be a good or bad thing, things change people and I'm not going to sugarcoat it, 2020 was rough especially for people like myself who  keep informed. I wish more than anything that I could be blissfully ignorant again but that's not safe anymore even  little kids need to know, 'Hey there's a virus out there that can get you sick so you have to do this, this, this, and this , throw out your whole routine and do this to keep yourself and others safe."I feel that these changes and experiences that came out of these year have given us as people strength, more than we had before. We are fighters, even more so than before, we are living in...

Why aren't you writing back my love?

"Dearest Hendrick,
It's been a while my love and I'm frightened, your sister's faring well and she very much misses you, as do I. I'm worried sick about you love and I've been so lonely so Eve and I are moving in with  my sister. I love you and don't forget to take the trash out once you're home, I left in quite a rush, my sister was rushing me greatly.
Love,
Ann Marie", that phrase, "don't forget to take out the trash once you're home,", it's code for 'we've been outed, people know we're two men in love.' God, how? We were so careful! I guess all that doesn't matter now. What matters is that I write them back, let them know I'm alive and well, as well as one can be in the trenches at least. Scott doesn't have a sister, he's probably taking Eve to Ernest's, it's out of Westpoint but not too far, I won't have...

I love you but the world's just not right for 'us'

Pinks, yellows, and purples fill the sky, you know what that means. What? Taking cover from the prehistoric monsters that plague humanity? Pfft, no, that would make sense. I'm passing the group of neighborhood compsognathus to sit at my ex best friend/crush's door and talk to them even though they're probably out hunting or simply hiding from me or the dinosaurs, I'll never know. I screwed up a few years back, let's keep it at that for now.
"Heya Cas, I know you're probably not home right now, if you were, I don't blame you if you ran from the door the second you saw me waltzing over.", I chuckle dryly.
"Whether you're listening or not, I love you, in a, in a love, love way, Cas. I know I screwed up and I'm sorry. I am so sorry for what I've done Cas, I've sat by your door every sunset for years, that should show how sorry I am...

Pandemic Memoir

Pandemic Memoir

You can do this, you'll prevail.

Bat Boy

Remember when you called yourself a bat? You compared yourself to probably one of the most demonized little animals out there, they're given a bad rap, being called disease riddled and spooky, and yes they carry diseases but they're just animals trying to make it out here like you and me. What I'm trying to say is that when I first met you I read you like a book but all the pages were torn and frayed, I thought you were serious and no nonsense, I was wrong, very, very wrong, but I'm glad I was. I don't think I could keep up with someone as clean cut as you looked, I first saw you in your uniform with the other guys, you hate thinking about those days, I know, but I thought you looked great, you always do. How wrong I was is almost laughable, I thought all those guys were your friends but really you hated them and...

The Dance

There are two educational options in this society I had the misfortune to exist in, there's the normal education, you know, 5 days a week public school, weekends and summers off. And then there's 'The Dance', young people from 5-25 are recruited, you're a student for twenty years if you were unlucky like me until I escaped of course, your soul is pretty much sold and there's no if, ands, or buts about it. There's age groups, 5-10, 11-15, 16-20, and 21-25, each group has forty students, twenty boys and twenty girls, 10 of the girls are 'pinks' the other 10 are 'oranges' same thing with the boys, 10 pinks and 10 oranges. Everyone is renamed the second they arrive, my name was Birdie and I was a pink, I escaped when I was 17. Before every performance the 16-20 year old girls would crowd into our 'dressing room'. It was a small open space with no mirrors, we weren't...

Why were we just okay not knowing?

“Uncle Jared?", I ask, carefully crossing the salt line. 
"Huh? Yea, uh  Nin, come in.", I open the door, placing his dinner on the table.
"What are you up to?", I ask, kneeling beside him on the cushy dirt ground.
"Just looking at pictures of your dad.", I nodded while taking him in, I was little when he 'disappeared', dad and uncle Jared were in some horrible accident together, I think something happened to me too, I have sparse memories from before I was 9. My uncle wasn't so lucky, whole chunks of his life are gone, he doesn't remember his wife or kid, and sometimes I'm grateful for that, aunty Gen left with Ellie when dad 'disappeared'. My uncle doesn't remember either of them and I plan to keep it that way, which is why he only has pictures of him, me, his parents, and my parents. They're pretty old pictures, the most recent is me on uncle Jar's...

My dad is on a park bench :)

Something just told me to go to him, to approach the sad, disheveled man sitting on a park bench. He looks like he's been through a lot, too much, for being in his late thirties , early forties. I kneel in front of him noticing the picture he's looking at, it's me, I have an identical picture in my house.
"Dad?", I choke out, putting my hand on his knee.
"I had a daughter, this one, Vanina Sloane Cockrin. Are you her?", He asks, showing the picture, looking straight into my eyes.
"I am, I’m Nin Cockrin, born on August 5th, 2006, I live with my uncle-"
"Jared?"
"Yes-"
"He's alive?"
"Yes!"
"How is he? Up here?", He asks, tapping his head. I hesitate, trying to form the right words in my brain instead I just n
"I'm so sorry Nin,..."
"No, it's okay, you didn't want to leave-"
"How much do you know about me? About my 'disappearance' I...

Where is it?

"Oh God, I can't find it."
"What? Your phone?"
"No, the thing I had earlier, where'd it go?"
"Lacey?"
"Yea?",
"Are you referring to your CHILD?!"
"Yea, that! Where is it?"
"SHE is out with Brightie."
"Oh, phew, good."

November Grab Bag

You get a letter from someone who claims to be you from a different dimension. What does it say?

Dear Lex,
I finally did it! I messed with time and space and I entered a portal guess and snuck around your house while you were home. You didn't see me but I am you, don't freak out please, I'm writing this from your pantry and I should be gone by the time you find this, if not, I'm sorry and don't call the police. I was walking around a local park in my dimension of course and a portal thingy appeared, I put my hand in and I was in a house that looks like mine then I saw you. My hair is shorter and I'm wearing a blue jumpsuit and sandals. I'm 23, you look younger then that, I saw you run off with a Irish Wolfhound in a hurry with a girl that looks like my sister, Carla Dean. I'm Alexena Scott, I'm married, I just assumed that your name was Lex too since we share a...

That Sort of Person

A couple story characters because why not

Lacey is the kind of girl to rescue her extensions and best friend's wig after being pushed off a parked river boat.
Jared is the type to stay at home due to terrible anxiety brought on by his brother's mysterious disappearance.
Jensen is the kind to get stuck in the woods for 15 years and come back feeling super guilty for no reason.
Brighton is the kind of guy who takes care of everyone and is very loyal and kind.
Stevie is the kind of baby  who tries to dive out of her mother's arms for fun, scaring her parents and grand uncle terribly, she only does this when her mom is holding her because her mom laughs funny.

I care so much, I think I don't

You open up to me
I shut down and hide it
I get angry
Not at you, at what I could do
I want to do more, I always want more

Credit

I've always believed credit should be given where due
And I don't think any should be heading toward me
I've never went out of my way to help him
I've never worked hard to help him
I don't deserve this credit
I'm credited with so much
With incredible things I feel I haven't done
And no matter how many times I'm told, I can't understand:
How did I help you by just existing?

Anne-Marie <3

Hello my love, I'm sorry for the lateness and informality of this letter, I finally got my hands on paper and pen. I'm also jotting this out before bed so excuse the penmenship. I love you and Eve. Give her a kiss for me and tell me how you're both doing, I love you guys.
Love,
Hendrick

Hi Hendrick, I don't care how you reach me, I was worried sick until you did. I love you and miss you and so does Eve. She hasn't gotten any better from when you left, more fits, no more talking, she misses you, I can tell. I get that you're worried about us but focus on getting back home and take care of yourself, we love you very much and would love to hear from you anyway you can reach us.
Love,
Anne-Marie

Anne-Marie, I am so grateful for you, more than you can believe, you took in my sister, she could've wound...

Writing Streak Week 5 Day 1

Not to be creepy about it but, yea it's a vegan cow. I'm not sure if that's creepy or just odd but yea, it's reliable, you know when it produces and when you have to collect. When the fruits of it's labor are ready to collect  it's time to sweat, back pain, leg pain and satisfaction throb through the entire time. The sour rotten pear smell isn't awful it's the heat that sucks and the wooden rake handle grating at my skin, isn't fun either but it doesn't stop me from patting the tree's trunk in thanks.

Writing Streak Challenge - Week 4

Challenge Completed!

Day 1
It's loud all around, sweat, heat, hair, everywhere, questionable smells and even more questionable people. I'm five seconds from passing out every five seconds, leaning against one of the people I came here with, the sound of the singer's voice onstage is the only thing keeping me awake. There's surges of energy during songs where everyone is pushing and shoving one another to the beat and excitement. We're all brothers and sisters here from all walks of life, bonded by the performance up on the stage. I belong here, these are my people, the rowdy and passionate, the young and restless, the lovers. An overall sense of love is present within in me, I'm close to the ones who get it, they get a good time and good music, we all get the experience and frankly that's we're I belong.
Day 2
There's a rumor that outsiders call us ridiculous for giving up earthly possessions to follow the...

Writing Streak Week 4 Day 5

It's completely dark, the fan in the corner, oscillating, sounding ready to take off against the quiet. I turn away from it, closing my eyes, steadying my breath.
"Okay, A.
Arendelle
Aria
Avian
Aviation
Amicable
Aniston
Anne
Avery
Amnesty
Animosty.", each word I place a finger down, getting further and further from what could pop into my head.
"Okay B.
Boston
Beacon
Bacon
Bee
Beethoven.", I get more and more tired with each word, 'Beethoven' taking the last of my energy, relaxing into the sound of the fan and the dark, this is where I belong,where  everything is safe and okay, I'm the only one in the room, in my head, it's okay, it's alright now.

Writing Streak Week 4 Day 4

I was all dolled up, looking like Helena from the music video, I was excited, it was my first dance with a  date I was dating,it was suppose to be fun and exciting and it was until him, his mom, and his sister walk up the driveway. I couldn't breathe, there's a pit in my stomach as I peer out the window, my mom came up to join me and I spilled out,
"I don't want to go!", she looked at me in pure disbelief.
"It's too late! They're right there!", A knock came at the door and I nearly screamed. I didn't realize it yet but I was crying and I didn't feel the tear drip down until I opened the door, he was dressed like Gerard from the video with a smile on his face, his sister was annoyed (she doesn't like me much), and his mom was taking so many pictures. I still regret saying this but...

Writing Streak Week 4 Day 3

I'm looking at you and you're looking at me, Andy Biersack singing, 'We don't have to Dance." in the background. We're holding hands in silence, a big tub of watermelon beside us. I've been here many times before and I never knew there was a picnic area and it's beautiful, simple but beautiful. I don't need to look at you to know you're looking at me, I'm thinking about you.I feel so alive and beautiful when you're around, even more then I thought was possible honestly, the day just sealed the deal. I belong here, holding on to the one I love, listening to the outside world. I miss this more then anything I've lost to the year. Yea, it's not the biggest lost out there, but it was where I belonged. We packed up and walked hand in hand, no people on the trail, just us, you tried to sweep me off my feet and I landed on the...

Writing Streak Week 4 Day 2

There's a rumor that outsiders call us ridiculous for giving up earthly possessions to follow the word of our Prophet. He's a wonderful man, the miracles he's given to the people, he heals and revives, really, I've seen it for myself. Gold lights come from his fingertips and heal the unfortunate. I once fell out of a tree and the Prophet appeared at my side.My arm was completely broken. He asked me carefully, "Sister Lex, are you okay?", his gold went into my veins, a warm feeling creeping in,
"Yes prophet, I am.", I replied with a completely fixed arm, he lifted me to my feet, dusted off my work pants, and pulled me into a hug. When we parted, he climbed the tree and I caught the apples in the basket below, we were at it for hours, talking and smiling with one another. I learned nothing about his life before it all but I gathered all I needed...

Writing Streak Week 4 Day 1

Writing Streak Challenge - Week 3

Challenge Completed

Day 1:
I'm bad at writing poems
This is a poem
POEM
I'm bad at writing poems
BAD
This is not fun
NOT FUN
Poems are cool
COOL
I'm not
NOT
Especially when writing poems
POEMS
I'll try though
:)
Day 2:
This really isn't fair
Why does he get to attack people?
Make people feel low and uncomfortable
With little consequence, he's been at it for years
Attacking women, children, people of color, people of the LGBT community, and more
It's disgusting, desensitizing his young audience to content that is wildly inappropriate for any person of any age 
We all know who I'm talking about
SHAME DAWSON
Sorry, but no, yea, 
SHAME 
SHAME LEE YAW, YES THAT'S HIS REAL NAME XD XD XD 
But in all seriousness
I looked up to him, I had no clue about how bad his past really was
I knew it was bad but this, this is disgusting and I'm sorry I ever stood...

Writing Streak Week 3 Day 5

Ghosts

Ghostie

Ghost tea

There's a message

I don't know or care what it is as of now

Goodnight :)

Writing Streak Week 3 Day 4

Aries
Trail mix and almond milk
Tiny bowl
I'm gonna need a bigger bowl
Solution?
Put tiny bowl in bigger bowl
Now there is a full bowl stuck in a big bowl
"What now?"
"Watch this."
With careful tipping the Aries NEATLY gets the contents into the bigger bowl
"ARIES INGENUITY!"
"Yea, but how'd you get into that situation?"
"Oh, we don't talk about that"
Aries scurries off with unconventional cereal.

Writing Streak Week 3 Day 3

Feminism isn't a bad word

It isn't 'cringe'

It isn't a free for all for 'man haters'

It is the advocacy of women's rights on the basis of EQUALITY

Let me say that again:

EQUALITY

We're not trying to BETTER or SUPERIOR

WE WANT TO BE EQUAL

It speaks for itself

I don't see how you can watch anyone of any color or status or whatever suffer, stand there and do nothing, say nothing. I was afraid for the longest time to stand up even though I felt the injustice. I am no longer complicit. I stand for the rights of all people. Babies and children and teens, men, and women, people of all ages are dying from violence or the Coronavirus in the United States and it sucks, a lot and some people don't wear masks because they 'can't breath' yet the same reasoning isn't valid when a dying man says it. I'm sorry he can't completely articulate his lack of air flow, describing his struggles in breathing instead of simply stating he cannot breathe, he kind of had A GROWN MAN'S KNEE ON HIS NECK. THIS IS INSANE PEOPLE. OPEN YOUR EYES AND WAKE UP. Just because the Black Lives Matter movement is no longer trending doesn't mean it...

Writing Streak Week 3 Day 2

This really isn't fair
Why does he get to attack people?
Make people feel low and uncomfortable
We all know who I'm talking about
SHAME DAWSON
Sorry, but no, yea, 
SHAME 
But in all seriousness
I knew it was bad but this, this is disgusting and I'm sorry I ever stood by him and I'm sorry for anyone in contact with him who didn't know the extent of his past
I bring no hate toward Shane, I share only my opinion, thank you.

Writing Streak Week 3 Day 1

I'm bad at writing poems
This is a poem
POEM
I'm bad at writing poems
BAD
This is not fun
NOT FUN
Poems are cool
COOL
I'm not
NOT
Especially when writing poems
POEMS
I'll try though
:)

Beyond Reason

There are questions, not all are answerable and that's alright

Serious
Why does the color of someone's skin influence how their treated or if even they live in some cases?
How can a person kill an innocent person and either deny it or make up reasons why they did it?
Why do police officers have less training then volunteers at animal shelters?
Why is 'I can't breath' a good reason not to wear a face mask but not a good reason to get off of a dying man?

Silly
If I'm not by the ocean why is the sky still blue?
Why do dogs like me so much?
How much experience with snakes do I need before I can own a green anaconda?
Can I have buy laces without aglets?

School
Where did you find those awful names used in math problems?
Why aren't juice boxes and almond milk free?
Do you really want to make ice cream available to small children with free access to their lunch account?
Why...

Letter Writing Competition 2020

Dear Lyndon

Dear Lyndon,
Hey, it's me, no need for formalities, really, I mean we're around each other 24/7 and there's no getting rid of you, I've come to terms with that long ago. You really must love me, huh? After all this time and effort you're still here, lurking and whispering things I don't think, making me question me. How dare you get to make me feel. Only I get to make me feel. Others throw things at me and I let it all roll off, why are you so special? You disguise yourself as me, trick me. You try to get to me and some days it works, others, it doesn't. I'm not trying to be mean or call you out or anything but please.... relax. We're stuck with each other so we might as well try to work it out, right? I mean we've been through so much together so we must be doing something right, we're in it...

Letter Writing Competition 2020

Dear Lyndon

Dear Lyndon,
Hey, it's me, no need for formalities, really, I mean we're around each other 24/7 and there's no getting rid of you, I've come to terms with that long ago. You must really  love me, huh? After all this time and effort you're still here, lurking and whispering things I don't think, making me question me. How dare you get make me feel. Only I get to make me feel. Others throw things at me and I let it all roll off, you disguise yourself as me, trick me. You're trying to get to me and some days it works, others like today, it doesn't. I'm not trying to be mean or call you out but please.... relax. We're stuck with each other so we might as well try to work it out, right? I mean we've been through so much together so we must be doing something right, we're in it together and in all honesty I...

Daily schedule for participants of the Do better be better human project

4:30 Wake up
4:32 Pre breakfast morning exam
4:45 Walk around the track
5:15 Breakfast (30 mins of eating) (30 mins of digesting)
6:15 Check in (How they feel after eating)
6:17 Medicine time + reflection of how the medicine is or is not working.
6:37 Pre work out check up
7:07 Work out
8:07 Post work out check up
8:15 Post workout snack.
8:30 Rest
9:00 Everyday morning chores
12:15 Lunch
12:45 Post lunch check in
12:47 Journaling/socializing/talking with handler
2:00 Midday check up
2:15 Sport of the day
3:00 Walk the track
3:30 Daily high stress activity + check in/reflection
4:15 Snack
4:30 Rest
4:34 Everyday responsibilities
5:34 Contacting loved ones
6:34 Evening check up
7:04 Dinner
7:34 Paperwork on how the day went
8:04 Good nights
8:08 Showers
8:30 Pre bed check up
8:38 Free time in room with handler
9:00 Lights out

Letter Writing Competition 2020

Dear Lyndon

Dear Lyndon,
Hey, it's me, no need for formalities, really, I mean we're around each other 24/7 and there's no getting rid of you, I've come to terms with that a  long time ago. You must really  love me, huh? After all this time and effort you're still here, lurking and whispering things I don't think, making me question me. How dare you! How dare you make me feel. Only I get to make me feel. Others throw things at me and I let it all roll off, you disguise yourself as me. You're trying to get to me and some days it works, others like today, it doesn't. I'm not trying to be mean or call you out but please relax. We're stuck with each other so we might as well try to work it out, I mean we've been through so much together so we must be doing something right, we're in it together and I wish we...

Writing Streak Challenge: Day 3

This isn't a problem that falls on one group, it's up to all of us. You know what I'm referring to, don't play dumb, don't turn a blind eye. Wake up. I'm scared to stand, to say something to support but here we are, here I am, speaking out loud and here, without using proper nouns to get the point across. It's that easy. Stand up not down. 

Writing challenge week 11 Day 2

15 years from now you won't remember a thing, try your best for now and it'll turn alright somehow.  

Writing streak week 11 Day 1

One apple should NOT spoil the barrel.

I gotta accept this one day or another

I have little knowledge of this world
I say ignorant things
I offend people
I'm childish
I hurt feelings
The whole shebang 
I don't mean to.
I'm just oblivious to everything 
I know a little, that's about it
For now.
I'm young
I have room and time to grow and learn
To wisen up
I shouldn't be so hard on myself
Especially not about the little things
I should just strive to be better.
Read more
Assume less
Listen more
Talk then.

Forgive yourself; make mistakes, learn from them, and move on. It's okay, you're okay.

Writing Streak Challenge Week 9

Challenge Completed

Day 1
Pamela is 7 years old with anxiety, which has manifested into a shadow monster she calls 'Buggy', who currently resides in the closet, her 14 year old neighbor, Sloane, hunts such manifestations, saving people and hunting things, before they spread and run amok, like her own has.
Day 2
Lyla's a college student in the city, returning to her place from her weekend retreat to her parents' cottage, on the drive home it's dark out, very early into the morning when the ground rumbles, and a flash of light blinds Lyla, she blinks her eyes clear and assesses the car's damage by touch alone, the light on her key chain won't stay lit and she hears a rustle from the field beside her, she stays still, hoping she can blend with the night if she doesn't move, a man, his features as clear as day emerges from the corn, he's about 5'10 with thigh high leather cowboy boots,...

Writing Streak 9 Day 5

Two lovers sit in different rooms, they're not fighting or anything, one's playing bass in their room and the other is finishing up school work in the kitchen, they have a home together at 25 and 28 due to their rock career, they're rock scientists, just kidding they're in a band with each other and two other people, Kel working on his Master's off stage and Mel brushing up on the accoustic guitar to broaden her horizons, Kel has one ear bud in, to hear Mel play, he loves hearing her play so he gets to hear her scream, loud, fighting something and losing, Kel runs up the stairs, wrenching the handle,
"Melanie! Melanie, it's locked!', he calls,
"Kellin? Kellin?", she asks the twang and snap of the acoustic being snapped in half ringing out, she lets out a final strangled  call then silence, Kellin kicks the door open, the knob falling right off, "Melanie!", he calls into the empty...

Writing Streak Week 9 Day 4

Jamia and Michealangelo Amara hold onto one another tight, as Donnie, Jamia's husband, Mikey's younger brother is being brought via gurney into a room, doctors and nurses performing CPR, unstrapping and plopping him from gurney to bed, never taking hands off him for more then a second, Jamia's calling out and yelling as Mikey fights to keep them both upright, he holds her close and tight, so he doesn't slip away, the defibilator comes out, "Clear!", someone calls, Donnie jolting at the shock, head slamming hard onto the bed, more compressions follow, "Clear!", then someone's down, Donnie right hooked a woman in the face and is currently grappling with hospital staff on the ground, "Jai, look.", Mikey says in awe, she looks up, and her husband's there, surrounded by  glowing light, wrapping his arms around her, he gives his brother a wave and flashes into another part of the hospital in a ball of lightening, running like mad when caught...

Writing Streak Week 9 Day 3

Carla Kidd, the eccentric, rich friend of wife Carson Creach and husband, Fallon Creach, offers to pay for their 5 year anniversary getaway, the two have a son named Sabbath who've they haven't been away from since his birth 5 months prior, Carla hires them a sitter who wields a laminated booklet of information the couple told her to pass on to the sitter, the two trust their  friend but  will admit that  she's strange, especially when it's time for them to leave for their flight and  a man shows up at their door introducing himself as Mikhailo James, a hired body guard with extensive military training and experience, Carson immeadiately launches into momma bear mode and asks why her child would need a body guard, he shrugs and says he was hired and he has experience caring for Carla's child who's waaaaay older then Sabbath, the parents leave hesitantly and everything is cool with baby and  sitter until an old...

Writing Streak Week 9 Day 2

Lyla's a college student in the city, returning to her place from her weekend retreat to her parents' cottage, on the drive home it's dark out, very early into the morning when the ground rumbles, and a flash of light blinds Lyla, she blinks her eyes clear and assesses the car's damage by touch alone, the light on her key chain won't stay lit and she hears a rustle from the field beside her, she stays still, hoping she can blend with the night if she doesn't move, a man, his features as clear as day emerges from the corn, he's about 5'10 with thigh high leather cowboy boots, a blue leather jacket, and fire engine red hair, he gestures to the wrench she's holding, and she hands it over, letting him tinker with the car, finally he takes his hands on the hood of the car, and shuts his eyes and the car purs to life, "Thank you, do...

Writing Streak Week 9 Day 1

Writing Streak Challenge Week 8

Challange completed

Day 1
Life gives you lemons, no sugar, no water, no nothing but they expect you to make them something sweet. 

Day 2
Cicadas live for up to 17 years underground and live for only five to six weeks above ground. Maybe you don't have it too bad. 

Day 3
I am sorry, but if I told you I felt bad, I'd be lying.

Day 4
It's nothing to agree, it's everything to join. 

Day 5
We don't turn the world, we turn each other; we affect one another more then we know.

Writing Streak Week 8 Day 5

Writing Streak Week 8 Day 4

Writing Streak Week 8 Day 3

Writing Streak Week 8 Day 2

Writing Streak Week 8 Day 1

Donnie vs book club

My husband's a good guy, don't get me wrong,  I love him like crazy but I can't take him anywhere without worrying about something happening, the world isn't ready for Donnovan Amara and I mean that in the best way possible, he's in his own head and I want to keep him there and  have the safest most normal life he can after all he's been through. Maybe I'm 'off' too, I definitely feel like it, keeping watch for my husband, peering over my groups' heads.
"AYYYYYYYYOOOOOOO",  there he is!
"Morning darling.", I smile getting a kiss on the eye, he's blind, he tries his best, I'm just grateful he didn't accidently smooch one of the girls.
"What are we reading?", he asks hopping over the couch. 
"Life of Pi.", Lily replies, handing him the book.
"Would you like me to read some for you?"
"Thank you ma'am but I don't wish to intrude anymore, than I have.", he walks...

SHE SAID 'YESSSSSS' but this girl's scared XD

"Alright! Alright! Shut up!", I laugh, getting applause for some reason.
"But seriously, I got something to tell you guys!", I say, the crowd shutting up real quick.
"Thanks so uh, there is a real special woman I would like to invite on stage!", the crowd starts screaming.
"Jesus guys, wait ya turn, Charli Wilson, where you at?!", people look around and ask one another.
"Come on, Charli, come out, come out wherever you are!", I tease, looking amongst the crowd, then I see her, a shy looking lady, not much older then me, she's plopped on stage by security, poor thing's shaking. She looks like a nice girl, what's she doing here?
"Hey, you Charli?", I ask, offering her a hand, she nods, letting me pull her up to her feet, she turns around and her knees buckle.
"Oh, whoa, I got you, I got you.", I say, tossing the mic aside and guiding her to the ground, the...

Goodbye Aries Season

It saddens me to announce that when we wake (Depends where ya live, it's probably already the 20th somewhere) it will no longer be Aries season. Aries, depicted by a ram, is the zodiac sign from March 21st- April 19th, the 20th is the Cusp or the transition from Aries to Taurus. Happy birthday fellow rams and Eh bep bep bep bep bep XD

SHE SAID YESSSSSS

"The night is winding down.", I say in my dramatic 'poet voice'
"We are ready to say goodnight.", I can almost hear the rest of the band's eyes roll.
"But before then we have a friend we would like to call up. A beautiful, friendly friend, indeed she is Miss Charli Hunt! Where are you Charls?!", a terrified woman is plopped in front of me.
"Hello.", I greet, helping her up, offering her the mic.
"Hi.", she whispers into the mic, putting her hands behind her back.
"How old are you Charli?"
"27."
"27?"
"Yea."
"That's old.", she smiles relaxing a bit
"Charli, did you com with anyone today?", her eyes widen.
"My boyfriend, he's in the bathroom!", laughter errupts around.
"I don't think so.", I laugh, pointing off stage.
"Is this your boyfriend?", I ask like a shady magician, Win Dixon, Charli's boyfriend runs out, getting on one knee.
"Hi Charli.", he smiles.
"Hi Win.", she giggles
"Charlene Agatha...

Gremencies (Gremlin Tendencies)

It's me
It really is
It was me the entire time
I'm who they warn people about
I'm the bad guy here
And I'm sorry
I can say I'll change all I want
But once a gremlin, always a gremlin
I run around causing mayhem and you don't deserve it
But you put up with me
I portray myself as this big bad monster
But no, I'm just a gremlin, a troiublemaker even when they mean well
I'll try to be nicer
I'm not hurting anyone right?
Right?

Risen Demons because why can't demons be good, huh?

"Vale!", I turn around and there he is, carrying a baby.
"You said you wanted one of these?", he smiles.
"Yea, our own, you can't just steal babies, Sab-"
"I didn't steal it, I found it!"
"Where?"
"By a dumpster, in this box, swaddled in a newspaper, no one was rushing to save this guy.", I nod, taking the kid into my arms.
"I guess we got to go baby shopping.", I smile, looking down at the baby.
"Thank you, Sab.", he kisses the side of my head.
"Course, did you want to stay with the baby or me? What are we going to call it?"
"Oh, I thought we would have more time to on it, I don't know, what do you want to call it?"
"I'm not sure, do you want me to head out now or later?"
"Now, just in case, it poops, or it needs to eat.", I undo the onsie and it's a poopless diaper...

Names, Names, Names

eyy bby wan sum NaMe?!

A breakfast joint- Up Wake! Up Wake!
A new smartphone-The Apple Odyssey
An eyeglasses store- Jeeper's Peepers
A dog pound- It's a Ruff Life
A highway- The Vroom Vroom Tomb
An island resort- Serenity Shore
A new constellation- Helena
A pet polar bear- Sabbath
A nail polish color- As black as my soul black
A new butterfly species- Space tiger

I don't like you but I'm not going to let anything happen to you, alright?

"Adra,are you stupid?", SLAM. I run down the hall and before I know it he's nothing but a pile on the floor, I'm out breath, Adra's confused, and we have an audience.
"Adra, are you alright?", she nods, letting me wrap my arms around her.
"Marcos! Thomas! My office, now!", we take the walk of shame, sitting beside one another in silence in the oh so cushy office armchairs.
"Why'd you do that?"
"Do what?"
"Stand up for me, like that?"
"You're my boyfriend's sister, by the way things are going, we'll be related in a decade or so, I might as well have your back now.", she nods, looking down.
"Thank you.", she mumbles.
"I'm sorry? Your pride was in the way.", she nudges me lightly.
"Fine, Dromy, my lord and savior!", she says, hugging me. I feel a lump in my pocket, sour patch kids flying everywhere when I tug it out, didn't have these this morning, must have...

Class fight

"Are you sure, you don't want me to come in with you-"
"Lise, I'll be fine, okay, don't worry, get back to class.", I say, letting Lise  thumb over my busted lip.
"Come on, Lise, go alright? I'll be fine.", I step back, retreating into the office, giving Lisa a small wave before signing myself in.  
"Heyo Leo, what can I do you for?", I turn toward her, her smile fades and I give her a weak smile, taking a seat by her desk. She walks to the cooler, making shuffling noises in the back, as I stare blankly at my hands, I never even got a hit in. Mom's going to be mad, dad would  understand and Devyn? He'd be furious at everyone involved, me, Layla, the school, social construct? All of it, no one likes their little sister getting beat up especially if the other girl doesn't look the same. Nurse Jamie, on her knees in front of...

eyy bby wan sum NACKLEESS?!

It's ugly as all get out but my sister gave it to me. Plucked it out of the gutter herself, went over it with a baby wipe, and put it around  my neck when she was 7, back when she respected me still, the good ole days I guess. She's 17 now, thinking she's all grown, no matter her age I won't leave her alone,  hope she knows that, at 25 I still get nagged by my baby sister, 'Why is your lip cut? What happened? Who's lungs do I have to rip out?', you know the standard sibling stuff. I'm a cop, I get cut lips, dirty clothes, banged down, and bruised up, but it doesn't matter, I clean up the streets for Leo,  our parents, my fiancee, for my future kids, that's what matters. Here's the thing, I live with my parents. I know, I know, it's whatever but I don't trust my fiancee, I have trust issues...

The NeGHOSTiator

9 years of fighting the title, all gone to waste, but yea, I'm a neghostiator. I drive up and down the country in a 2005 Prius all by myself, wearing different disguises and lying to people in order to talk the spirits in their home down from scaring them, no sage, no prayer, just talk. We sit down, human to ghost and talk it out, I don't know what I am still, a phsychic maybe? Either way, I've had zero training with my abilities, I mean, don't even know what to call them, all I know is that I see dead people the same as I see living people, they appear no different than anyone else, unless they had a gory end, that's usually a dead give away, pun unintended but always, always very welcomed. Today's adventure is involving children which is never fun, I overheard some things at a bar, I was able to finagle the address out of...

Trust no one over or under the sun

"You can stay home Leo.", I open up to thank her.
 "Only if you promise to call anyone off the 'trusted' list if anything and I mean, anything young lady, goes wrong, if someone you don't know knocks on the door, if you burn your hand on a plate, anything, you call, okay?", she finishes
"Yes ma'am.", she cups my face and kisses my cheek before I can consider nodding.
"I love your face.", she says on the way out, closing the door before I could respond. It's whatever I mean,  mom's always running off, she's SWAT, I'm use to it,  dad's a nurse, my brother's a cop and I work at a pizza place for $8.55 an hour at the moment. I have zero idea and or intrigue for my future so I got that going for me, exciting stuff. It's kind of comfortable, laying here with my fever raging on, a kind of warm in a I'm 'dying'...

YOU'RE HOT AND YOU'RE GROSS YOU'RE YES AND YOU'RE NO

The world's white, bright, and spinning, little glimpses of sound and color here and there, it's frankly awful, you know?
"Donnie? Babe, can you hear me?", I do, I hear you Jai but I can't speak back, too tired so I make a sound similar to a 'moo'
"Good job, Donnie, I hear you.", I reach out for her hand, she grabs it.
"I'm here baby, you think you could tell me what's up?"
"Hot, I got to go to...", I move to get up but flop onto my pillow in exhaustion.
"Take it easy, Donnie, you've been out of it for days.", Mike says, 
"Mike?", I ask carefully trying not to sound like I'm on my death bed.
"Yea, Don, I'm here.", I notice, he's hunched over, all pale and stiff.
"Are you alright, Mike?"
"You're asking me, bud?"
"Yea, I already know I don't feel alright."
"I'm doing okay, something weird happened on a call-"
"Weird? Weird, how?",...

S A B I ' M B O R E D

The little monsters throw their rocks, again and again. We live in the hotspot, I'm sure there's a pitchfork you can spare to throw, even a brick would be better at this point.
"Scram ya little monsters.", Sab hisses, the kids scurrying away. He appears behind, holding me close.
"You can't let them bully you Vale, they're just kids, put on your big ghoul voice and chase them off."
"I don't want to do this anymore, Sab."
"Do what?"
"This! I don't want to torture people anymore or pop up whenever some stupid kid gets their hands on a ouija board or a dusty leather bound book!"
"What are you saying Vale?"
"I'm done, I want to leave."
"Oh, I'm sure someone will summ-"
"Do NOT finish that sentence, Sab!", I snarl.
I don't want to possess anybody anymore, I want to be human!"
"Why?"
"I want to be normal! Have a job, a family, a baby. I want to...

The jacket

The warmth creeps onto me slowly
"Thanks.", I murmur still playing on your phone
When I turn you're slipping on my hoodie
"You look so soft.",I say with a smile
You smile back, posing in my sweater
I never thought I'd feel so warm in a leather jacket

I'd follow you anywhere

"Hullo everybody! I'm so so excited for our new tech today, but first we need to address somethings today; thank you for 3 million subs, I want to hug all of you, so so much, I started this channel years and years ago, expected 100,0000 at most but this is wild you guys! Alright, alright now for the more prevelent news, the product I'm testing today is from Glitch.", I pause for dramatic effect.
"We all know what Eudora Dae thinks about me, but I didn't buy this, it was sent to me, actually, and I try my best to keep an open mind while reviewing as always but I'm human, you know? Things get to me like things get to you, I didn't feel super great hearing my idol call me a 'Greasy, spittle dribbiling 'tech rat', at tech con in San Diego, but we're both grown and while what she said about me was very unokay, I will...

therewasaterribleCRASH

I've never been pro-bus, I'd rather walk, my house is too far from the school and my parents and Devyn are not my personal chauffers, it's my choice to not drive the death machine Devyn souped up then crashed, no one actually died, but I yelled at him when he came to in the hospital. The point is hurdling down the street in a rickety yellow tube with a madwoman at the wheel isn't my cup of tea. I usually connect the bluetooth to my phone and scroll through videos with my earbuds, my phone in my pocket, today I was chatting with Rachel before take off, the thing sounds like a rocket ship so yes, take off, with one ear bud in. The trees are whipping by quicker then usual, the branches bending and cracking right and left, the strapped  down stuff rattles, the metal on the outside about ready to fly off.
"Rach-", screaming interrupts me, crashing sounds...

Pride 2k17 pt. 2

" Mommies!", Loretta jumps into my arms and I kiss her face all over. She reaches for Helena and has her forehead kissed repetitively
"Am I really that bad of a driver?"
"No, you're a good driver, uncle Trace.", he laughs, booping her nose.
" Ready, baby?"
"Yep!"
"Yay! Now, remember stay, close, it's very crowed here, don't want you getting lost."
"Okay Mami!"
"Good."
"Hey, sorry to bother you, but I love you guys, so inspiring."
"Thanks, what's your name?"
"Gregory."
"Where are you from Gregory?"
"Here in Cali, Oakland, this is my first pride."
"Ours to."
"Have fun, I got to run, thanks for your time, love you.", he rushes off and we go and join the parade.
" Traci! Girl, how you doing?!"
"Good boo, this is my friend, Eudora, her wife Helena, and their daughter, Loretta."
"Hi! This is Matthew, I'm Gabriel, and this is our little girl, Dana. We're actually looking for another family at...

Pride 2k17

"Loretta sweetie you up?", my daughter's head pops out of the covers and ducks back underneath.
" Sweetie, don't give mami a hard time, we're going to pride remember? You finally get to wear your rainbow tutu and princess tiara, outside. "
"Can I wear my pink shirt and shoes?"
"Of course, need help?"
"I'm a big girl now, mami, I can get myself ready."
"Okay princess, Mama and I are here if you need help. I'm proud of you, babygirl.", I kiss the top of her head and go wake up the other baby, again, because she fell back asleep.
"Helena, I told you to wake up! This was your idea may I add.", she grabs my waist and pulls me in bed with her.
" No, cuddles, get up!", I laugh pushing her away as she tries to burry her face in my shoulder.
"Fine fine, what are you wearing?"
"The Doc Marten boots you got me for...

Two conflicted little people pt. 4

She runs out of the yard and I run back inside. I slide against the glass screen door and grab my chest, overwhelmed with excitement.
"Ruby, sweetie. Hey Ruby.", my dad says shaking me awake.
" I must have fell asleep cleaning up, sorry, dad."
"It's nearly twelve you better get ready, sweetie.", he smiles helping me up.
" You were paged, sorry..."
" It's fine, the patient doesn't arrive in another two hours, he's coming by helicopter, they ran out of antivenom at the hospital. So I can eat lunch with you before you leave. Papa's at work, I wish we could spend more time together sweetheart. ", 
"Me too. I'll cook dad.", I boil pasta and spoon sauce onto the macaroni.
"Thanks, sweetie.", we silently eat lunch.
" Papa and I are worried about you. You know you can talk to us about anything. That goes with your mom to. She's moving to California next week, don't tell...

Two conflicted little people pt. 3

" I'm Michelle and as long as no one got hurt it's fine, it was a simple mistake, I get it, I'm no chef either.", she chuckles.
" Mami!", Christina calls waving her over.
"Christina, baby, are you okay?"
"Yes Mami, I'm fine.", she embraces her tightly.
" I knew you were irresponsible! Can't be trusted with anything can you? First my dad's car now my daughter? You could've killed her! Jesus Christ, if I had known I would have never let this happen!"
"Santana, I'm sorry, it was an accident, it won't happen again, I promise."
"Hell no it won't, Christina will never come here again."
"San...", Christina's mom interjects her mami grabbing her hand.
" Thank you bye!", she cries over her shoulder being dragged off by her mami. I wave 'bye' with my parents.
"Sorry, Ruby.", papa says with a pat on my shoulder.
" It's fine, she's in my support group. ", dad rolls his eyes....

Two conflicted little people pt. 2

"Tell me more.", she whispers dreamily.
" Well, I'm seventeen, an honor student, a junior, and an artist."
"Same, I'm an author, though.", she smiles sweetly putting her head on my shoulder.
"Give me a push?",  I ask breaking the silence. She pushes me for a bit and I check the time: 3:00.
" Do you want to come over to do homework? "
"Yea, I'll ask my moms.", we both get on our phones.
" She says it's fine. "
"Can you stay for dinner?"
"Yea.", we walk hand in hand to my house. I learn that her last name is Watson-Cortez, she has little brother named Harper, and her favorite color is maroon in the ten minutes we walk.
" Hey Christina. I'm Mr. Gabe and this is Mr. Tom."
"Nice to meet you sirs.", she says shaking their hands. We run to my room and finish the assigned work. Finally done we lay on my bed, her...

Talkin' Nerves

You're too good for me
You're too kind and I really don't deserve you
I'm not soft enough 
Kind enough 
Lovely enough for you and you deserve better
I tell myself that you're horrible
That you're ugly
That I hate you
That it's fake
Not true,not true, that's the anxious talkin
I say I'm fake and horrible and terrible
But I'm not
And I don't deserve you
But you're kind of stuck with me cuz I love you
I'm here for the long run and when I'm not panicking I'm sure
I'm very sure,when I'm calm and not thinking about it I look at you 
 I smile
That's how I know It's real.

Powerlog: Myles Amara

Full name: Myles Anthony Amara
Alter ego: Time Wheel
Age 6
Gender:Male
Relations: Son of Donnovan and Jamia Amara. Younger brother of twin sisters Kara and Delilah Amara
Powers: Can time travel as himself, he does a windmill like motion while thinking of a specific time and place and he transports there, he has no pain during the process unlike his father. There's cool lightening involved too.

Powerlog: Delilah Amara

Full Name: Delilah Elizabetta Amara
Alter Ego: Astral Plane
Age 9
Gender: Female
Relations: Daughter of Jamia and Donnovan Amara. Twin of Kara Amara and older sister of Myles Amara
Powers: Creates portals Disney style with the wand but she does hers with her arms, legs, or fingers and she can levitate herself, other people, and objects. 

Powerlog: Kara Amara

Full Name: Kara Noelle Amara
Alter Ego: All Knowing
Age: 9
Gender: Female
Relation: Daughter of Jamia (Mother Shot) and Donnovan (Parasitic Time Warrior) Amara. Twin sister of Delilah Amara and older sister to Myles Amara.
Powers: Can see the entire lifetimes of both the dead and living, can possess both people and things, and intiate and participate in telepathic abilities with everyone, powers or not, her powers cause others to talk back to her telepathically but when she 'logs off', they don't have that power anymore.

Powerlog: Jamia Amara

Full name: 
Age: 37
Gender: Female
Relations: Married to Donnovan Amara. Mother of Myles, Delilah, and Kara Amara
Powers: Telepathic abilities, can do anything from setting things on fire with her mind to pouring water from her bare hands, has perfect aim and shot, can lower her voice into an echoy, raspsy, inhuman sounding voice, her eyes turn black when she's upset, and she can calm anyone down with her voice when she chooses to.

Powerlog: Donnovan Amara

Full name: Pasquale Donovan-Jensen Amara
Age: 37
Gender: Male 
Powers: Parasitic time travelling abilities, superspeed in times of peril, constantly white glowing eyes, and telepathic abilities only with his wife, he can't intiate the communication but he can participate in it.

Math Rant, Math Rant, Math Rant, Math Rant Out of all the things that I could do, I decided to write down all my woes for you, Math Rant, Math Rant, Math Rant, Math Rant

Math is just terrible for me. All of you guys that can math correctly, I applaude  you. I don't have the organizational skills for math, a few weeks back, during a timed math assignment may I mention, I pulled my calculator out and it was covered in POPTART CRUMBS. The filling was congealed into the little grooves at the side and when I used my pencil to scrape it out it came out in a perfect line! I ran to the bathroom to get a wet paper towel and it could only do so much, I finished the assignment and cleaning the best I could. Even without Poptart problems I still don't do as well as I want to on a daily basis I mean, every graded paper, I jump in with a positive mentality, taking my time, using the resources given, but no dice! Every. Single. Time. I got straight A's last report card so I MUST have been...

A Tribute to Ms. Elowyn Dae

"....thank you.", everyone claps, a few wiping tears, he tenses in relaization I squeeze his hand one last time.
"It's okay. Say what you got to, I'll stand behind you, so will Marty, the kids, your parents, the station, everyone, please. We need to know."
"I understand", he, mumbles fumbling with the sides of his tux, climbing up the steps.
"Hello, my name is Tracei Porter and I love Elowyn Dae. I've never loved anyone like her, I got my parents, husband, kids, friends and more, and I love them very dearly but there's no one like your best friend. Especially your very first and last. No one's like her, she was an amazing woman I had the pleasure to grow with. She always had something to say whether people wanted to hear it or not. From giant pride parades to smack talking strangers, she always had a hand in everything with everyone, she had a big heart, she cared...

Avey's Gone Crazy

"HELLLLOH-OH! WHAT WE GOT HERE?! GOOD MORNING, BEAUTIFUL PEOPLE! THE WORLD SAYS HELLLLLLLLLOOOOOOOOOO. HA HA AHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH." I knew it, I told Micheal, I told him this was a bad idea, her sister was found dead this morning, she needs time, not this, she's not well enough to fill in for her sister, she needs to process and accept the death, she's not in her right mind right now. The girls wanted to cancel, the manager, the fans, everyone but there she goes being bullheaded. The crowd seems to love it, yelling and screaming and clapping, but I know her, this isn't her, it's not even Lex, it's someone I know I'm not going to like, I see her, stumbling across the stage, ready to pass out at the drop of a hat. 
"So as you all know, Lex is dead. Yea, yea boo hoo, right? We can't wallow, let's celebrate her life! Right?! Right?!'", the crowd claps, a few standing...

Up for a lil challenge

Alright, so I'm confident with this one and I'm not sure if that's a good thing or not but I believe I can write a good, fictional story on anything given to me, so dear writers, come at me with whatever you've got.

Love After Love

Yea it's terrible now but it can't be terrible forever, right?

I want to show my worth
I want to put forward my best
I can't sometimes,
There's days where I fall to the ground
Sobbing
Shaking
Great, now they think less of me
They think I'm weak, incapable, that's what I've been showing lately
I am their captain, I wear these bars, I should be all knowing and perfect, I'm not
They love me still
They don't think low of me, I do, I'm the only one who thinks these things, ever
When I loose it I need a chair, some water, and maybe a snack and I'm good
I can jump right back into what everyone else is doing
And that's pretty amazing
I belong here, this is my home, feeling strong and confident and loved both here and there

A sight for sore eyes

"Amelia Dae, the devil herself", I laugh, swooping down to hug him.
"In the flesh!"
"Hmm.", I scoot a chair at his bedside to plop down on.
"It's been a while, huh?"
"Yea, you're definitely the prettiest I've been in contact with since..", he trails off, I grab his hand, cocking my head as a gesture for him to continue.
"Shanae cheated a few years back, I haven't had time or want necessarily to start dating again."
"You'll find a nice girl to settle down with, someday there's no rush you're 27, you'll be alright."
"I really loved her..."
"I know, it sucks, huh?"
"Yea, but you're here, now, Lil."
"I am, but I should really let you get some rest..."
"No! I mean..."
"Ossie, I can stay. It's alright."
"Really?"
"Yea."
"Okay.", I rub his hand with my thumb, watching him drift off before I do myself.
"Lilly, hey. Hey, wake up.", my hand never left his and it...

Don't take things that aren't yours

Mr. Slick over here thinks he can dupe a 'blind' man, cute.
"Sir?", he turns around, holding my wife's giant orange purse.
"I don't think that's yours.", we've got an audience looking on, now.
"It's my wife's."
"Last I checked, I was sitting with my wife, right there, so please give it back before she comes.", he of course darts off, Mia seeing the entire encounter from the hall leading to the bathroom, she ducks into the kitchen and I super speed into the alleyway coming face to face with him, Mia darting behind him, demon eyes and all when he turns around, he spins back to me, looking straight into my sunglassless milky white glowing eyes. He scurries away, throwing the purse at us. Mia and I high five, going back into the cafe together, hand in hand, the purse over her shoulder.
"How much trouble did you get into for that?", I ask, gesturing toward the kitchen.
"None,...

HERE'SAGOODSONGDON'TLISTENTOANYTHINGELSETODAY

Teacher's Pet-Melanie Martinez

Parents will always parent

I don't know what put this idea into my head but I've always thought the second you turn 18, that's it, 'Thanks for raising me, I appreciate it, goodbye forever.',and that you never see your parents again unless you really wanted to and even then they're not your, 'parents' per sey but 'friends' you've known forever. My mom has made it very clear that we are not friends, that friends would steer me in the wrong direction and she never would. I will always be her child 'til the end of time and even after she dies she'll come back from the grave to remind me to wear a jacket, text her a specific and detailed plan of what I'm doing, where I'm doing it, and with who before I leave the house, and to have a good time, be safe, and that she loves me. My grandparents still ask my mom where she is, where she's going, to drive...

Here'sAGoodSongDon'tListenToAnythingElseToday

Modern Day Cain- I Don't Know How But They Found Me

That's it? All this suffering just to be taken out in the shower?!

It hits like a  sack of bricks, a head to toe sickness of a sort, nothing cold water can't fix? Maybe? I'm no doctor and I really don't want to call him in, they've done so much for me already and it seems quite trivial to raise flags now, any more at least, I give my reflection a once over and boy do I look rough, sunken eyes, red face, an overall air of confusion about me. Whatever,you know? It'll change soon enough, I'll get better, back on my feet, for now I toss my clothes aside as I take them off in my best friends' fancy bathroom. I step in and it's overwhelming, I feel myself fall slowly, opening my eyes to a set of arm's reaching for me.
"Bruce?", I ask, letting him pull me up. It is and his wife and baby.
"Reina, Isla.", I mumble hugging them all at once. They're dead, have been for years,...

Nurse's Office-Melanie Martinez

Stay Frosty Royal Milk Tea- Fall Out Boy

#apoemaday2 Clairvoyance 11:36 am 1/2/20

Hand it over, you can't see.
Your powers are inferior to mine in the way you don't have any
I see tears flowing down her face, her hands trembling with excitement, she hugs him tight around the neck.
The ring curves around her belly, a little kick from inside jostling it.
A little girl runs around with the ring in tow, clenched in her hand.
The ring is held in front of a raging teen, shielding the woman's knuckle from a flying box of Froot Loops.
The same girl is grown now, capped and gowned, the ring going up and down her back in pride.
A nurse takes it off and casts it aside and a beep rings loud.
The daugther sobs, her father comforting her, the ring clenched in his hand.
"Okay, thank you, I'll give you $50 for it-"
She looks shocked, sick to her stomach.
"You decided to pawn it off, the most important thing in your...

My own Obama Llama

Fall Out Boy's bassist has stiff joints.

The lead singer of My Chemical Romance is not doing alright.

The only offical member of Panic! At the Disco is enjoying his homemade spicy Indian dish.

The former bassist of Panic! At the Disco is on  a watercraft with multiple holes filing with water.

The lead singer of Fall Out Boy is broswing low priced furniture at a store.

The people need vision spectacles.

A person who's new to the video sharing site.

Feburary 14th is going down the connected major roads.

The Twenty One Pilots drummer inhabits the closest star to earth.

The ryhtm guitarist from My Chemical Romance is purchasing a Greek sandwich made with lamb.

Phil Lester's gaming partner is utilizing a fabric that mimics the aftermath of laying in the sun.

The 'Bad Guy' dresses really well.

2020 questions

1. What do you want for the world this year?
2. How do you feel about the whole, new decade' thing?
3. When do the holidays start and end for you, what are the dates? Mine, for example, is October 31st-Janurary 1st.
4. Do you actually make/work on resolutions?
5.What do you want for yourself this year?
6. What do you want for others this new year?
7. Are you tired of 'Christmas' yet?
8. Did you stay up for the New Year last night?
9. Is it important for you to stay up and see the ball drop or observe the time in person in some manner?
10. When should someone stop saying 'Merry Christmas', 'Happy Holidays', and/or 'Happy New Year.'
11. What and how did you celebrate this season? Did you not celebrate anything at all? What sucked about the season? What rocked about it?
12. Do you feel the days between Christmas and New Years Day are...

?

Christopher's playing mad scientist in the kitchen pouring a green, gelatinous substance into a dosage cup. He looks at me, turning the bottle and gesturing towards Landon.
"Christopher...."
"Call me an awful brother later, right now I need your help getting this into him.", normally I'm anti drugging siblings but three days and six hours of sleep, his body is shutting down as we speak, it'll knock him out for 12 hours, we can figure out what we can do to fix the problem during then. I make a mug of apple cider, stirring the syrup in.
"Follow my lead, stand by for back up.", I nod handing him the mug, following him to the living room. Landon's frowning at us, scooting to the side farthest away.
"Don't be like that Lan, come here.", he scoots further, almost falling off the sides. I grab his arm gently.
"What did you do to it? Why is Avery so close?", I move...

A Fictional Landscape

Shetole

No one in Shetole wants to live there, say the name out loud and you'll see why. Thousands here live in poverty, waking to the shining promise land of Belleville taunting them, the screams and gunfire lulling them to sleep. There are two types here, the hard working trying for better and the hard working doing the worse. Kids are lucky to make it to twenty around these parts, they're killing one another for reputation, who can be the 'baddest' on the block, when winter comes all you naughty little children are freezing your butts off, your cigarettes can only keep you so warm. It's not their faults, really, no jackets, no education, practically no future here if nothing changes. Snow can cover street filth for only so long you know. Eventually it warms up, the first whiff of spring is garbage and feces filled and just goes downhill from there, the feces and garbage just get hotter the closer...

Bad Girls Club- Falling In Reverse

I don't feel quite right, there's something in the air tonight.

I catch her by the zipper, stopping the pacing, easing it up her, blind guys and tiny vertical, metal teeth do not mesh well,
"It's just dinner. We've had dinner before right?", I drag my fingers up her arm, carefully.
"I know, it's stupid-"
"That's not.. what I said, I said we've done it before and we'll do it again-"
"It's different this time!"
"How?"
"Yes!"
"Jamia...", she wrestles away from me, wrapping a tie around my neck, I tense at first then relax when I realize she's not going to kill me.
"Thank you...", she cuts me off with an agressive kiss to the cheek, pushing me out the room, slamming the door behind me. Must be the stress getting to her, Lindsey's always got her going , but tonight, she's acting real off and  not the normal, my-sister-is-here-code-red-code-red off. From what I can make out, the kids are sitting dressed and quiet, tv off.
"At ease VonTrapps!", I...

Uh oh, what we gonna do, the king likes Daniel more then me or you

"Jai, look.", Mikey nudges, Donnie's eyes open, slowly, his face scrunching  in confusion.
"Hi there.", I smile, trying my best to not tackle him in a hug.
"Who are you? Where am I?', he asks looking around.
"At your hospital.", I say laying him down, brushing hair out his face.
"You don't sound German?", he stammers out, pressing himself against the bed.
"We're not. We're your family. Your wife and your brother..."
"I'm sorry, ma'am, I don't regonize you. What is all this?", he asks fiddling with his I.V.
"It's an IV, it lets medicines get into your system."
"Alright...where am I?"
"New Jersey-"
"New Jersey? Wha-? Where's my wife?", my heart drops.
"I'm here...", I whisper near to tears, Mikey putting a hand on my shoulder.
"I'm sorry, ma'am, you're not my wife, can I write a letter to her? Let her know I'm safe?", Mikes pulls a pen and pad, handing it to him, guiding me out the...

Memories-Panic! At The Disca

Show and Tell- Melanie Martinez

You know? I don't

The mountains I create from molehills touch the Hubble.
It's ridicuolus  and I'm sorry.
To all of us, I mean I don't like it.
I don't like worrying about the  stupid things I say and do.
There's going to be more of that from me, don't worry.
I worrry, that's my worry. 
You know?
You don't.
I don't .
Whatever.
It's fine.

Six Feet Down Under- Frank Iero and the Future Violents

Na Na Na Na Na Na Na Na- My Chemical Romance

"I know, it's stupid-"
"That's not... what I said, I said we've done it before and we'll do it again-"
"It's different this time!"
"How?"
"Yes!"
"Jamia...", she wrestles away from me, wrapping a tie around my neck, for a split second I tense, then ease when she ties it appropriately, gently yet angrily, around me.
"At...

Golden Days- Panic! At The Disco

My Strange Addiction- Billie Eilish.

Comma splice

I don't know if it's me but I cannot wrap my head around 'comma splice', what is that? Every definition and explanation I don't understand, can somebody help me?

Here'sagoodsongdon'tlisrentoanythingelsetoday

Wilson (Expensive Mistakes)- Fall Out Boy

#Q&AContest

1. What is your opinion on paper straws?

2. If someone trips over you who says 'sorry'?

3. How come when you rehydrate a raisin, it's never the same as it was as a grape?

4. What are those weird gray eraser looking pieces of food in some trail mix?

5. What's the meaning of life?

6. What is your ulitmate pet peeve?

7. What are you afraid of?

8. What are your plans for the future?

9. If you were wearing a large furry coat and a stranger asked to hold onto to it to warm up would you let them?

10. Dan or Phil and why?

11. What is your favorite band and why?

12. What is your favorite movie and why?

13. What piece of yours on the site are you most proud of?

14. What piece of yours on the site are you least proud of? 

15. What can you do better as a writer?

16. What...

You said it yourself

You said it yourself
I'm the driver and you're just there for the ride
You care about me, a lot and I know
I don't like it when you judge me
Tell me things about me
I'm me
You've never been me
You have no right to tell me how I feel
Talk about me to others because
You don't know
You see what you see
You hear what I say but you have no clue of the extent
I don't know either and it's scary
I feel terrible most days up and down
Head to toe
I cannot stand it when you give me 'advice'
I can't stand me at times
Thank you for standing by
Even when I blow, you're still buckled in there
Thank you for all this time put into me

The newly engaged versus the spookies

My nights of sneaking my girlfriend through my bedroom window are no more, we finally have a big girl house paid for by big girl jobs.
"I like that smile, Em."
"Thank you.", I blush, never more happy for things to happen so fast. Orchy said she would find us a nice place without me having to worry but I was not expecting the question so soon, it pulled the rug right out from under me, I was floored, actually, I fainted. When I came to, she apologized and held me close, slipping the ring around my finger since I was shrieking 'yes' so loud I didn't remember but my vocal cords did. Here we are a month later moving in, I've only seen pictures, wanting the grand reveal in person so I inch forward, Orchy grabbing my hand, pulling me in and it's the white picket fence interior I've always dreamed of, she put the wall decorations up and...

Kitten

Something in me screams  'Check the door, check the door, check the door.' I get up slowly, easying the door open. It's a baby, a human baby, a small one in a tiny pink onsie, matching hat, and a hospital bracelet around her wrist, sitting in a car seat on the ground.
"Guys? Guys?"
"Ab-", I take the kid out and on the table. Trace has the med bag, the kid has nothing we need an ambulance for. She  starts to fuss a little until I scoop her into my arms
"It's alright kitten, it's alright.", I say, bouncing her a little.
"Kitten.", I smile. She smilereal big with her eyes closed.
"Kitten. Kitten. Kitten.", I say watching her smile real big. The room looks on in disbelief.
"What?"
"I mean...she likes you...?"
"Why so suprised?", I ask rocking the kid to sleep.
"You're not the most likable.", Elle says patting my shoulder
"Fair enough.", I admit, smiling at the...

Look, I won't sugar coat it because anything between bread and cheese is DELICIOUS

Have you ever watched the Lion King? The 'circle of life'? Anyone? Well apply it to your life, humans eat meat and vegetables and fruits just like our other fellow primates and if our species is smart enough to raise animals specifically for this purpose why hate on it? I do not agree with electrocuting or crushing animals to death for any reason, or any other forms of cruelty on animals but, I will eat a dog. I don't care if it's a 'pet' animal I will eat it, why should cows, pigs, and chickens be eaten? They have as much as a right to live as anyone else so I eat all creatures equally except for humans, of course, no animal should eat it's own kind, that's wrong for obvious reasons.
This was brought to you by PETA protestors I encountered last week with signs that say, 'Fur is murder', I agree completely. You don't need animal fur...

Henlo, i am an looking for sum an muizack

Hey guys, lately I've noticed I listen to the same music over and over and recently discovered Fit for Rivals, Pink Fly, and Renee Phoenix which all have Reenee Phoenix as the lead singer, I want more women to listen to, I want them to have raspy voices, out of control vocals and dance moves, I want the lyrics to be clever, the guitars to be sick, and the music videos to be psychotic and eclectic, same from the gentleman, here's what I listen to right now plus my favorite song from them, my quest for you is to suggest the best songs based on my current listens, I will shout out and follow 10 winners and like, comment and review any piece of the ultimate winner's choosing as well as shouting them out and hitting 'follow', good luck and thank you for particpating, deadline is 12:00 am on December 7th, the 10 winners will be announced before 12:00 am...

Nurse Amara, no, not the 'big' one but the little one

What am I doing? Not just now but forever, from here on. No one lives forever, I know. God, do I know. A firetruck swerves in, nearly taking us all out, stopping and blaring it's horn for the cars that won't move.
"'Ey Donnie!"
"Ey Elle, stay safe for me huh?"
"I'll try!", They speed off, chances are by the time they get there, someone's  ex is burnt to a crisp in the bathtub, it's that kind of place, around here. I would change a lot about Shetole, starting with the name.  I park in my usual spot and walk up to the building
"Hey there Pascy."
"Heya, Rams,what do we got today?"
"Not much, s day make your rounds."
"Yes, sir.", I begin at room 112, a young man at the wrong place at the wrong time, paralyzed from protecting his parents from a drive by shooting. The parents made it out as okay as his spinal cord. I...

One Home

The collection

In big crowds I look out
He's scared
She's annoyed
He's in a rush
She really doesn't want to go where she's heading 
We're all in the same scenario,point A to point B
Trying to touch the least amount of butts we can
There's always that one person who purposely strokes your hand on the stair bannister (It happens, trust me)
You have your weirdos
Your avoiders
Your rushers
The hesitants
And the impatients, all working in different ways, some yelling, pushing, eyerolling
And this is a 5 minute hustle, and a bunch is going on
Isn't life just a 5 minute hustle in 
Whoa there, too deep!
But is it?
Nope, not deep enough, humans are incredibly complex
Born without a layer of hair all around the body
Without gills
Wings
Horns, just a brain
The ability to think and observe
And the sense to study the creatures and objects around us.

The first day on the job after paid leave caused by the trauma of seeing his partner die due him jumping in front of the bullet a second to late

50 in a 25, pretty standard, no problem, I got this. I turn on the siren and before I can move he pulls over, I move my car behind his and walk around.
"Good morning sir, know why I pulled you over?"
"Speeding."
"You were going 50 in a school zone, why's that?"
"I have no reason, no excuse sir."
"Alright, can I see some lincense and registration?", He pulls the papers out the glove and I walk back to my car to write a ticket. 
"You spelt the street name wrong."
 "I did not and get out, I don't need you here."
"Ouch, man."
"You know what I mean, I miss you like hell but I can't be seeing you, I like my job."
"What if I'm a ghost or something?", I look at him, just as he was when he was alive, not bloody  like I feared.
"If you were a ghost wouldn't you look like you did...

D-Days in 10 minutes

"Bye dadda.", Delilah mutters hugging me close.
"Goodbye baby.", she scurries off up the stairs.
"Goodday father.", Kara giggles tipping an imaginary hat.
"Goodday daughter," I reply, tipping my own imaginary hat, she runs off giggling. Myles headbutts me, hard in the stomach, laughing like a maniac. Doubled over I'm perfect baby bump kissing height.
"That's what you have to look forward to, little one.", I whisper to the babe to be. Jamia chuckles getting me one more time on the lips. I close my eyes and inhale deeply, Tuesday June 6th, 1944, Omaha beach, on a boat before the shore. I feel the familiar dizzying and swaying sensation, I lean back and fall from the sky, every cell glitching in and out of the timeline, practically on fire. The whole boat sways when I land.
"Silcianio, you good?"
"Great.", I murmur, never do I take a successful enterance for granted. I flex my fingers and shake my hands and...

I'm sorry

If I could stop I would. Every song's about you, it was the forth of July for me and me alone. 2 years later and I still think about you. Your birthday  set it all off, all our back and forths came flooding in and I'm sorry. You didn't like me for me and I know I should move on. I'm still hung up on you and it's stupid. You're stupid for being so un and likable at the same time. I'm still sorry all the same.

Word Collage

Album Pamphlets and Dr. Suess

It keeps me awake at night
The realization that I might be a drag
No one wants to inhale
Mama said, "don't give up
It's a little complicated 
All tied up
No more love and I'd hate to see you waiting
A person's a person no matter how small."
The kids all wrong, the story's all off.
No, I don't care what momma says
You'll wind me up
Or you'll wind up dead
When I grow up I want to be nothing at all
We have all learned to kill our dreams
I need to know that when I fail you'll still be here
I used to say, "I wanna die before I'm old"
But because of you I might think twice

A little get to know you ses with Mr. Farenheit

"Good morning class I am Mr. Farenheit, your teacher is ill, she has caught a disease I know nothing about so don't ask me. Shall we call attendence?
Parachutes?
Quille?
TheUnicornPrincess?
thelost-
What? I'm all alone, right now? Okay, thank you. So class, today we will ask so get to know you questions to get to know you and for me to know you know me to know me, I know you to- let's start!
1. When you trip over someone's foot do you apologize, expect them to apologize, have both of you apologize, or you both just play it off? I'd condem them for daring to touch the grand Mr. Farenheit.
2. Is 'pecan' pee-can or pah-con? You don't say "Mama may you please, open the con of Who Hash?" you say , "Yo ma! I'm starving! Crack the can so I can put it in ma mouth hole!"
3. What is your opinion on paper straws? Save the...

11/11 I'm sorry

It's your birthday two years later and I'm sorry. I'm sorry that Panic! at the Disco song reminds me of you. I'm sorry I associate the summer of 2001 with you. I'm sorry that every song's about you, that it was the Fourth of July for only me. 

Character Names

Here's some character names I have if you need some, feel free to comment more or answer the question or write me whatever, I like hearing back from you guys!

Donnovan
Kara
Delilah
Jamia
Dmitri
Kristina
Victoria
Yana
Michealangelo
Tiahna
Harlem
Ezekiel
Jacob
Prophet
David
Jarvis
Emmet
Ebba
Clementine
Orchid
Emmeline
Kierstin
Akira
Andromeda
Rosa
Rhapsody
Emerson
Sebastian
Remington
Gerard
Frank
Micheal
Raymond
Patrick
Peter
Andrew
Joseph
Joshua
Tyler
Ryan
Brendon
Brandon
Brennan
Harper
Fatima
Sloan
Kellin
Parker
Ripley
Eaton
Gaten
Warren
Bandit
Lindsey
Cedric
Diggory
Shane
Sean
Seth
Fynn
Gemma
Jemima
Daniel
Jerusalem
Phillip
Babylon
Jericho
Arden
Dana
Erica
Paco
Derrick

When Chris was gone

Head in hands, hunched over shaking.
"Chris is gone.", I can't hear him correctly or I rather pretend I didn't
"Gone?"
"Yea, can't get a hold of him, neither can mom or dad, Ellie asked around, no one's seen him in weeks. God, Christopher...", he's looking up at something past the ceiling, a man, he's never look towards before.
"Have you reported him missing?"
"Yea, spoke to some clowns and Harper."
"We're off tomorrow we can look for something then."
"He's not a puppy, Dolan, it's not going to be that easy, the clowns at the station called my missing brother a whore to my face, that he probably ran off with a prostitute, that he's not worth looking for. I was a true mess, crying in the waiting room, Harper found me and we talked, I should've told him, about those cops..."
" We'll make them pay eventually, right now, Christopher, okay?", he nods, looking up at me the...

The Magic School Bus Storms Normandy

Jai's a good lady, I'm lucky to have met a woman like her. She uses her powers to help people, she's a psychiatrist who betters people, I'm a parasitic good for nothing time jerk. Get out of my face with that 'greater-good-stuff' no one but me has ever ripped out of a human body, glitching in and out of the time peroid every cell ripping apart and being smashed back together, so shut up. I don't want to hear your mouth 'sympathize' with me, don't pity me, you can't, just leave me be. Only Jai knows about my powers, I love her but she needs to shut up, she's the main issue here. I want to be mad, brood but her powers calm people down when they don't want to, she grips on to people and makes them feel for their own good, sometimes her powers slip, that's when we have issues. When I feel myself go under, I'm mad...

Breakfast for Jai

This would have gone smoother had I had proper vision but that's long gone. Huh, I can't see anything, just outlines with cartoony gray fill in. Well, this sucks. No matter how hard I squint, no letters, I haven't wanted to read on my own since Mia and I started dating so it wasn't a concern until now.
"Daddy, you okay?"
"Yea, baby, daddy just realized he can't read and that it's kind of important for following a recipe."
"I can help, dad."
"Thank you, I already looked up pancake receipes, check the fridge and see which recipe we have ingredients for.", she nods and takes the phone, rumaging through the fridge.

Thank you for being a friend

Suprise, suprise, I've lost my mind. I drove five hours from home in a blind rage to my old complex, taking my shirt leaving a sleeveless undershirt, socks, and shoes off, placing them aside, taking my first step onto the ledge. Arms out like a tightrope walker, I begin, I let out a drag into the setting sky allowing gray to swirl into pinks, yellows, and purples. Everything's freezing, but I have a goal here: go with a bang. I don't know what I'm doing anymore, I just know there's concrete below and all I need to do is a backflip and it's over, I can do a backflip, that's about all I know.
"Hey! Wait!", I spin around, to an old friend of mine.
"Avery?", I nod, ashamed that this is how he'll remember me, as a crazy man threatening to jump.
"I'm sorry Christopher-"
"No, I'm sorry, I've heard about you. What you've been through lately and I...

My piece Desolation Days from Jamia's Perspective

My husband's rushed in on a speeding bed, as blue as the gown he's in, head flopping around on each compression.
"What?! Wait-", Mikey holds me back from the room.  I try to elbow out of his grip.
"Mikey! Let go! Please! Please!", there's still no beat from him, a doctor points up at.the clock, all staff taking  hands off him. 
"No! No! Save him! Please! Please!" , Mikey and I are both buckling at the knees, trying to keep one another up.
"Donnie! Donnie!", I call supporting Mikey and myself, he's completely given up. Don  rises stiffly, everyone staring in awe. His breathing's ragged, looking around like a deer caught in headlights. Everything seems to unfreeze when he begins to get up, nurses and doctors alike rushing at him, trying to get a grip on him, he fights until he's at his knees. Both arms are pulled back, legs trying to be forced in front of him, somehow he...

Novel Writing Competition 2019

Desolation Days

"Donnie! Donnie!", I try to open my eyes but I can't, I can't move. There's a kick at my chest. It's a defibilator. I'm awake! I'm alive! Why can't they hear me? A familar sound drones.
"No! Donnie! Donnie!", Jamia it's okay. You, the kids will-
"Clear!", I stiffly rise, shaking and breathing, ragged, looking at the terrified staff. A hand comes for me and I start glowing white hot.
My body goes into auto-pilot, pulling out the IV and shoving it into the closest arm trying to grab for me, I jump to my knees, being pulled back relentlessly. Head over heels, I land on the ground, clamoring to my feet, booking it down the hall. Someone's granddad hobbles in and God forgive me, but I bowl him into persuing nurses.
"Sorry!", I call, I'm so getting fired for this.
"Donnie!", he popped out of nowhere! I was scared, otherwise I wouldn't have bounced his head off the recepetionist's...

Kennels of Irritation

1. When people say 'my fault" or 'my bad' when it clearly was their bad. Like when a person rubs their whole butt on the back of your head while they're squeezing past your chair and another object or hits the thing you're writing against, causing you to streak the utensil across the page and then has the audacity to say, 'My bad." I was not moving! I was stationary! Of course it was your bad I make the same mistakes to others and I say. "I'm sorry.", because I am regretful. "My bad" or "My fault.", is just an admission, you didn't apologize whatsoever by saying that!
2. Paper straws
3. When YouTubers apologize for not uploading or plugging their merch or mentioning their sponser or not uploading what they typically do or not doing what the masses what. I feel it is their channel and they should feel free to do whatever they want or need to do...

Six-Word Story

There's a FOB reference in here

It's okay; one sided July 4th.

Run Boy Run the Sun will be Guiding You

The scariest part of it all is I don't remember. I jumped out a two story window, ran to an area with dark, winding alleys I don't regonize, and I also don't remember anything. I'm no detective but my aching feet and freezing everything is evidence enough. Barefooted and shirtless in an alley, not knowing the reason why isn't really how I'd imagine starting off an early morning  but with someone like me,you never know. I'm always up to something whether I like it or not. Like how on May 15th, 1999 I was in an 'explosion that caused me to 'loose' my sight, here I go, back to that day, 21 years ago, wonderful. That's the past, I'm only in my boxers. Right here. Right now, I am freezing. That's Jersey in January for you, who's the idiot that jumped out a window? I am, but it doesn't mean I can't complain. What I can hope for now is...

Quick little question guys

Are you an still author if you haven't published anything yet? I say yes and I'm curious to what others have to say about it.