El1678

Hello fellow writers! My favorite book series are: Warriors, Wings of Fire, Foxcraft and Harry Potter.

-Gryffindor-
-NightWing-
-ThunderClan-
-Cat lover-
-Writer-
-Actor-
-Artist-
-Musician-

Hello! I love writing stories and I would be glad if you sent me feedback on them!

"Always chase after your dreams even if distress is along that path. Never stop dreaming, always believe in yourself and your dreams will come true," -El1678.

No matter what happens in life, you always have someone that looks out for you. They will help you chase your dreams. Ignore the ones that say you can't do it. Because you can. If you believe the beauty that rests inside yourself, you will achieve the greatness of your dreams. And remember, never stop trying no matter what happens along the way.

Pesky Rats II

"Yes, yes the days must go by! How isn't she dead yet? What have I done to be forsaken with this rat?!"

"Wha... where... hello?"

"You blasted rat! How did the poison not kill you?!"

"What poison... wait... so it wasn't a dream?"

"I wish it was."

"Same here. Why can't I just go home?"

"No rat can go back to its nest once set foot in this house. If I can't kill you then ill trap you here!"

"You mean a paw right? Rats don't have feet."

"SHUT UP OR ILL TRY THE POISON AGAIN!"

Well, it didn't work the first time so...

"You're right it didn't. You must be a fat rat then."

Ouch.

"You know I'm not a rat right? I'm just a person."

"A rat that lies, now that's a first."

"How can I leave this place?"

"You must atone."

"Atone...?"

"Stay here in your rat cage until you can be set free."

"And you'll let...

All Talk

Pesky Rats

"Hello...? Who's there?"

Nevermind, it's just nothing.

"But... why is that door ajar?"

"Did that painting just move?"

"What's that smell?"

Stop it Kassie, your imagining things.

"Are you?"

"Wha- who... where?"

"Can't you speak my darling?"

"Who are you?"

"No one in particular..."

Your hearing things.

"Of course, you're hearing my voice."

"How did you know I said that?"

"I know a lot of things."

"So your a mind reader? Where are you I... I can't see you!"

"No, but I can see you."

"This is really creepy."

"You're the one that came into my home."

"It was a dare, it wasn't my fault!"

"You didn't have to go through with it."

"I'll go now and I promise I won't be back anytime soon. More likely never."

"Go? But you're already here." 

"Um.. I know that."

"Now that you're here you can't just go..."

"Wha-"

The door's locked! How am I supposed to get out?

"I told you not...

Free Gifts For WTW Users #El1678's Gift Givings 02

Hello fellow WTW users! December is the month of gift-giving right? I thought so! So I decided to do several gift-giving days every few days for this month. This will include peer reviews, public comments, and likes! The first however so many that put their user down to receive their gift (with a link to the piece they want the gift to go to). Remember if it says the first ten then only the first ten get the gift but there will be many chances to claim a gift from me! #El1678's Gift Givings 

Today I will be giving a peer review to the first 10 that put their user and piece link down. I will give you your gift around 1-5 (maybe a bit more) days after you put your user down to receive the gift. This is #El1678's Gift Givings 02 out of the many I will do this month! :)

The First Christmas Without Her

The evening crackled with joy like the fire that was in front of me. I could here amused laughs, jolly voices, family members catching up and behind it all festive Christmas music. Ruby red and pine-forest green tinsel hung from the plain white walls, with brown gingerbread-men hanging limply from them. The smell of chocolate pudding, pork roast, sugary cookies, and vanilla custard hit my nose. I breathed it in, wanting to go over to the dining table and gobble it all up. But I was too sad to move. A cold tear fell down my cheek. I whipped it away quickly as my dad came and set down beside me. He held a clear glass cup with dark purple blueberry juice inside.
"Hey, sweetheart would you like some cookies? Granny baked them," Dad wondered, gently brushing my brown hair away from my eyes. 
"No," I croaked. I watched the snow fall down through the blackened sky. Christmas day was...

Merry Christmas

Many happy faces
Enlighting spirits 
Reaching the heart with warmth
Rising snow for snowmen and snowball fights
Yummy sweet treats, cookies, and candy canes.

Christmas presents for all
Holly hanging from the walls
Reindeer that likes carrots to bite
Intricate snowflakes that fall on your nose
Shopping for presents, decorations, and food
Trees that are put up in your house
Merry Christmas lights on every door
All you see is holiday cheer
Santa who rides on his sleigh 

Free Gifts For WTW Users #EL1678's Gift Givings 01

Today I will be giving a like and public comment to the first 15 that put their user and piece link down. I will give you your gifts around 1-5 days after you put your user down to receive the gifts. This is #El1678's Gift Givings 01 out of the many I will do this month! :)

Only five spots left! Write down user and link to...

IT'S CONTEST TIME! #MagicalStory

Hello fellow writers!

I have decided to host a second contest! One of the contest's prompts will be based on a story I wrote called The Spark which has been published (you can use it as inspiration). The other I just thought would be fun! I hope you all will like the new prompts I am using for this contest and I hope you decide to enter! The due date is December 10th.

IF ENTERING YOU MUST USE #MagicalStory IN YOUR TITLE. TO ENTER PLEASE SAY IN THE COMMENTS THAT YOU WOULD LIKE TO ENTER.

YOU MUST SAY WHEN YOUR ENTERING PIECE HAS BEEN PUBLISHED, SAY WHICH PROMPT YOUR USING AND PROVIDE A LINK.

Rules

1. No copying other people's work
2. Don't be rude to other people that are entering this contest
3. No rude words allowed
4. You must publish your piece by the deadline or it doesn't count
5. Only one entry is allowed per person

PROMPTS!
...

Blind Rainbows #Colours

I have heard about the rainbow
And the colours that live within it  
Red like blood from a wound
Like soft perplexing roses
Like a fire that crackles with joy
Orange like the fruit it's named after
Like autumn leaves that crunch under your feet
Like the gravelly sandstone rocks out the back
Yellow like sour tasting lemons
Like the burning hot sun
Like the canary that sings peacefully
Green like the leaves on trees
Like the grass, I lie down in
Like the sugary gumdrops, I eat
Blue like the sky on a clear day
Like the ocean's crashing waves
Like the butterfly that my sister caught
Indigo like the blossoming flowers on the porch
Like the watery blueberries, I eat
Like the blanket I sleep with
Violet like the lipstick my mum wears
Like the beetle that once crawled on me
Like the scarf I wear in winter
Well at least that's what my mum says
Because I...

Statements Of Truth

1. No one is the same but that's ok. Our differences make us special. 
2. Don't give up on your dreams no matter what anyone says about them. Never stop trying.
3. It doesn't matter what you wear or what you look like. You're still beautiful. 
4. Enjoy life. Don't take it for granted.
5. Be kind to others no matter who they are or where they come from.
6. Your family loves you. Nothing can ever change that. 
7. If anyone puts you down, pick yourself up. 
8. Don't change yourself for others. Let them change what they think about you.
9. Friends are always there for you. Don't be ashamed to ask them for help.
10. It's ok if you don't do well on a test. You tried your best and that's all you can do!

IT'S CONTEST TIME! #MagicalStory

Hello fellow writers!

Rules

1. No copying other people's work
3. No rude words allowed
5. Only one entry is allowed per person

PROMPTS!
...

IT'S CONTEST TIME! #MagicalStory

Hello fellow writers!

Rules

1. No copying other people's work
3. No rude words allowed
5. Only one entry is allowed per person

PROMPTS!
...

The War (Part 2 - The Soldiers)

Soldiers. The people I fear the most. They always lurk in the shadows, unseen, like a panther. And when their prey is in the firing line they pounce, their weapons extended. They took my family away from me. They killed them. And for that, I fear them.

I race from the rations stall, checking for soldiers marching down the gravelly road. I step onto the road, presenting myself in broad daylight. Gulping, I run and feel the plastic water bottle slip from my hand. I turn back and pick up the bottle. Then I hear a voice.
"What are you doing here, kid?" it spoke savagely, with a cold and unfriendly tone. Soldiers! I whip around as two heavily armed soldiers in night black armor step forward. I hide my rations behind my back as they come closer. Their eyes stared at me threateningly and I cringed.
"I'm just on my way home, sir," I whisper, terrified. I see a...

The War (Part 1 - The Screams)

Screams and shouts of terror erupt the night air, filled my ears with pain. Tears stream down my face as the cries become louder. They were screaming for help, but no one would risk their lives for people they didn't know. The War had changed the theme of the city that was 'care for your neighbor like they are family'. No one even thought about that when others were in danger. More screams hit my ears as I threw the ragged brown blanket over my head. The screams echoed in my ears like my parrot's chirps had done before the War. But that time it was peaceful chirps. He would also sing when I stroked my fingers across his soft rainbow coloured feathers. I missed my old life. With my parrot, Pocky, my sister, Holly, my brother, James, my father, my mother. Now only me and my mother remain alive. The desperate screams were abruptly cut off. I could imagine...

Microphone

The Sound Of The Storm

Rain patters down on my roof with joy and gurgling down the pipes with exhilaration. The cries of mother birds fill the air as they tell their babies to come and sleep. Chirps of respect and screeches of protest cover the quiet rain sounds. Motorbikes scream down the road with loud fury, followed by beeps of anger and loud grumbling cars. As the night goes on I hear the television flicker its noise into my room. I shut my eyes to sleep but hear a sickening crack. The wind howls above and snaps branches of the big tree outside the house. Deafening bangs hit my ears followed by clattering and crunching sounds. Hail. It beats down with the rain and hurts my ears. Booms erupt soon after that. Thunder. I hear my parent's intense voices as they fight above the noise. I hear glass smashing not far away and shouts of fear and annoyance following after that. 

I put my...

The Black Cockatoo #BirdNerd

The sleek wings of the night's darkness
The slender beak of the Earth's stone
The russet red tail of the apple's skin
The sharp talons of the miner's silver

My heart beats
As the sound flows through me
As he elegantly rests on my arm
His eyes giving me a cold stare
His black and red tail twitches
Then he spreads his graceful wings
And takes flight in the cloudy grey sky

The sleek wings of the night's darkness
The slender beak of the Earth's stone
The russet red tail of the apple's skin
The sharp talons of the miner's silver
The Black Cockatoo

The Last Dragon Scale #sparkingcreativity

Neo roared in agonizing pain as scales were ripped ravenously off his body. As the last dragon on Earth, it was his duty to stay alive and find a way to bring the others back. But at this rate, it didn't seem likely. The humans were crawling all over his back, pulling his scales away from his skin and tearing his flesh. He couldn't die like this. If all a dragon's scales were taken away from them, they would shrivel up and die. It's how all the others had died. Neo was too exhausted to move and felt a tear roll down his cheek. Big pools of blood lay beneath Neo, like a slowly growing red river that would soon drown him. Neo scrunched up his eyes and remembered his father's words, "dragons are fierce and mighty, and will always be able to get up when we have fallen." New energy sparked inside of Neo and he jumped up, screeching...

Six-Word Story

My Ending

Death is coming. It's my time.

The Spark

"Himbundable nusuf denihy, moluto," The whispers filled Echo's ears as her eyes sleepily looked over the old book she was reading. The ancient words filled her brain. Her Master had summoned her. As if her mind had been corrupted Echo walked slowly and silently out of her house, leaving the front door open. She walked quietly down the deserted street as the night swirled on. The Town Hall's clock chimed twelve times, indicating that it was late at night. She strode on until she found the trap door down a damp alleyway. She lifted it up and went down the rusty iron ladder. Darkness consumed her as the trapdoor closed. It took Echo what seemed like an age to get to the lantern-lit doorway of her Master's hideout. Murmurs filled the air as Echo crept into the main room, a small musty lounge room dimly lit by a fire. Echo watches as the flames danced, devouring the wood beneath and...

I wish It never happened #tirelessregret

The screams, the shouts, the hits and punches
The pain, the sorrow, the never happy ending
I wish It never happened
I wish I could retrace my steps
But all I did was stand up for myself,
Why did you have to keep on bullying me?
I tried to stop you
But that I regret
For it only brought me more pain
The consequence greater than ever
For this bully would never back down
No matter how many times I said stop
And even when I stood up to her,
She stormed on, crazier than ever
I should've told someone instead
And not stand up to her, face to face
And for that, I regret
I wish it never happened
I wish I could retrace my steps

The Call Of The Wild

Howl, yowl, growl
The sound of an intelligent, wild wolf
Growl, hiss, roar
The sound of a mighty, wild lion
Roar, growl, snarl
The sound of a hungry, wild grizzly bear
Snarl, snicker, bark
The sound of a sly, wild fox
Bark, howl, grunt
The sound of a cunning, wild coyote
Grunt, shriek, screech
The sound of a loud, wild eagle 
Screech, scream, cry
The sound of a startled human

#El'sContest! (5 HOURS TO GO)

Hello everyone! This is my first ever contest so whoever submits an entry will win a prize! (see prizes below). You will have 20 days to submit an entry into the contest and winners will be announced 2 days after the due date.

To enter the contest either follow me or say in the public comments down below that you are entering the contest. The title of your entry must have #El'sConstest in there somewhere. 

Prompt: You must make a story or poem of one of the FOUR elements; wind, water, earth or fire. You can only have one of these elements in your entry and can be on how the element comes across in your day to day life (just a suggestion). 

Story- 100-800 words
Poem- 50-150 words

Prizes:
1st: 2 peer reviews and 5 likes
2nd: 1 peer review and 4 likes
3rd: 2 public comments and 3 likes
4th: 5 likes

To anyone who's entry gets below...

#El'sContest! (5 HOURS TO GO)

Story- 100-800 words
Poem- 50-150 words

Prizes:
1st: 2 peer reviews and 5 likes
2nd: 1 peer review and 4 likes
3rd: 2 public comments and 3 likes
4th: 5 likes

To anyone who's entry gets below...

#El'sContest! (5 HOURS TO GO)

Story- 100-800 words
Poem- 50-150 words

Prizes:
1st: 2 peer reviews and 5 likes
2nd: 1 peer review and 4 likes
3rd: 2 public comments and 3 likes
4th: 5 likes

To anyone who's entry gets below...

#El'sContest! (5 HOURS TO GO)

Story- 100-800 words
Poem- 50-150 words

Prizes:
1st: 2 peer reviews and 5 likes
2nd: 1 peer review and 4 likes
3rd: 2 public comments and 3 likes
4th: 5 likes

To anyone who's entry gets below...

Myth

Words following into my ears
The story vivid in my brain
Creatures wild and magical
Call this story home
Wonder and happiness fills inside me
As the coloured setting moves like wisps in my vision
Even though I know it's not real
I let the story take shelter inside me
I feel the pain of the story,
I feel the joy of the story,
I feel the grief of the story,
I feel this story
I feel this Myth

Love

The feeling that makes your heart pump
Makes your body tingle
Makes you want them
Love can get you in its trance
It can make you fill with joy
Or it can break your heart
It can resolve conflict
Or start a war.
But even if you didn’t know
You already have someone to love
Someone from your family
But loving someone else
Can leave you forgetting the one you love the most

For Valentine’s day

Still Foxes

I gazed at the humans as their eyes came upon me. Some of their eyes filled with interest, while others filled with boredom. I stayed still as the eyes creepily matched mine. Could they sense the life inside of me? I wanted to move but i couldn’t budge. My body was pressed against my twin brother’s. I tried to wriggle my tail, even my snout. But it wasn’t possible. I felt my heart sink in my chest. I felt air swirl around me. I wanted to breathe it. But that, too, wasn’t possible. I wanted to talk to my brother. I could sense life in him. I tried opening my mouth to whisper to him. But that, too, wasn’t possible. I felt like crying. My life was still and boring, yet abstract. My russet red fur did not lift when wind brushed from the open and closing door. I felt like sighing. If I ever could. Nothing I saw ever...

Lies, Secrets & Action- Part 2

Rachela narrowed her eyes at Mrs. Clark. Fury bubbled inside her like a billowing stream about to overflow. 
"Don't you dare say anything like that again. Especially out loud," Mrs. Clark whispered menacingly. Rachela stomped out from behind the wall and onto the set. A loud thump came from near the science lab. Rachela walked up the stairs and gasped. Ivy had fallen down the stairs and was now unconscious. Rachela jumped beside her and grabbed out her phone. She dialed 000 the Australian number for an ambulance. A tear fell down Rachela's face. Maybe Ivy didn't know about the T.V Show but she was still her friend. It is wrong of the produces to keep this secret, this lie, away from her Rachela thought sadly.  

Rachela sat on a chair beside Ivy's operation bed. Her friend was breathing, only just, after a few needles, a pumping machine and lots of medicines. Rachela had asked the doctors in the hospital...

#El'sContest! (5 HOURS TO GO)

Prompt: You must make a story or poem of one of the five elements; wind, water, earth or fire. You can only have one of these elements in your entry and can be on how the element comes across in your day to day life (just a suggestion). 

Story- 100-800 words
Poem- 50-150 words

Prizes:
1st: 2 peer reviews and 5 likes
2nd: 1 peer review and 4 likes
3rd: 2 public comments and 3 likes
4th: 5 likes

To anyone who's entry gets below...

#El'sContest! (5 HOURS TO GO)

Story- 100-800 words
Poem- 50-150 words

Prizes:
1st: 2 peer reviews and 5 likes
2nd: 1 peer review and 4 likes
3rd: 2 public comments and 3 likes
4th: 5 likes

To anyone who's entry gets below...

#El'sContest! (5 HOURS TO GO)

Story- 100-800 words
Poem- 50-150 words

Prizes:
1st: 2 peer reviews and 5 likes
2nd: 1 peer review and 4 likes
3rd: 2 public comments and 3 likes
4th: 5 likes

To anyone who's entry gets below...

Lies, Secrets & Action

"Ugh, Dad I'm going to be late for school! Come on!" Ivy shouted from the hallway, her voice booming. No answer came back.
"Dad! Please, I'll be late!" Ivy tried again. Silence. Ivy stared down the gloomy hallway. What was taking him so long? Ivy rolled her eyes and walked into the living room. Quiet whispers hit her ears as she entered the room. That was normal. Her father said she had been born with a weird sense of whispers from the dead. Ivy saw her father standing on the other side of the room. 
"Dad let's go now I don't want to be-" Ivy was cut off as her father vanished in mid-air. Now that wasn't normal. Ivy stared in shock and confusion. Then she heard footsteps on the other side of the wall. Ivy put her ear against the wall and could hear the whispering voices properly. 
"Let's just do it. She can't know the truth."
"No, I've...

The Suns Of Life

When the sun comes up, so do you
When the sun goes down, so do you
Up in way of beginning
Down in a way of ending
When the first ray comes above, you are alive
When the last ray goes down, you are gone
But in between is a burning life
It can be long, very long
Or it can be shorter then you would expect
The sun is not its own thing
It is you, and because there are many of us
There are many suns, unseeable, unknown
And only one is seeable,
The one you want to see

One-Liner

So Why Don't We Do Anything To Change That?

Trees are cut down, species are put to extinction, our water polluted by waste, our atmosphere is heating up rapidly, so why don't we do anything to change that?

The Fur Of A Fox

The foxes of brown fur, dark and light,
Come from the trees that grow with their might
Their bark like peeling skin
Turning the poor tree thin
But who catches the bark?
Is it the wailing lark?
No, it was the plain furred fox

The foxes of white fur-like swirling snow,
See how the rivers flow
How they are turned to still 
Without their ever so moving watery will
But who catches the ice when it no longer stills the water?
Was it the famous hedgehog's daughter?
No, it was the plain furred fox

The foxes of black fur like the dead of night,
Who sometimes give other animals a fright
Who watch the stars ever so bright
And the pure black crows as they take flight
But who catches the crow's falling feathers?
Was it the rabbits that hide in the heathers?
No, it was the plain furred fox

The foxes of grey fur like a cloud of a...

Water Body

Ripples

My fingers brush against the salty water of the rockpool
A flash of silver catches my eye as small fish swim away
I watch as circles move away from my crusty fingers
Ripples
A sapphire blue wave hits the aqua-marine ocean
It heaves sand from the bottom and thrashes it around
Foam bursts from the wave, followed by circles
Ripples 
As pain hits my body I grab a ball of muddy sand
I throw it and it sails through the dull grey sky towards the ocean
with a massive splash, it sends water into the air and circles skipping away
Ripples
Rain starts pounding on the salty water
Sending more droplets into the cloudy sky
Circles stud across the ocean, intercepting each other
Ripples

I feel my heart slow and my sickness wrack my body
I lose my balance and plummet to the ocean from the jagged rocks
My body hits the water and then starts to sink
Sharp pain...

Water Body

Ripples

Ripples
foam bursts from the wave, followed by circles
Ripples 
Ripples
Rain starts pounding on the salty water
sending more droplets into the cloudy sky
circles stud across the ocean, intercepting each other
Ripples

my body hits the water and then starts to sink
Sharp pain...

Fantasy Writing Competition 2019

Wisp

Gisabell felt her heart pounding in her chest like it was trying to escape from her body. Blood roared in her ears like a wild lion. She breathed in deeply moving backward, towards the cliff. The wind whipped at her blood-soaked skin, her cuts stingingly painful like being burned alive by fire. In front of her was him. He had grey lifeless eyes that saw nothing. He wore a black waistcoat with a white shirt underneath and a black hat that covered most of his forehead. He had chapped pinkish lips and a visible scar across his mouth.  His fingers had been chopped off and replaced by metal ones that moved freakishly like real fingers. An eerie silence filled the air between them. Then Gisabell spoke in a small croaky voice.  
“You don’t have to do this Harthor.” He gave a cruel, evil laugh that echoed in Gisabell’s ears.
“Oh I will,” Harthor laughed again. “I will give you the...