Johanna Marie

Germany

Hey there!
My name is Johanna and I'm very much in love with the English language.
I'm a 16 years old from Germany and writing is one of my greatest passions alongside music.

Feel free to contact me. All the love. Check out my poem book "waves" on wattpad : https://www.wattpad.com/story/190495784-waves

holy ghost

What is a life as low as mine
When I see a holy ghost above
Who only thrives for his best creations to love

Who am I if I want to be it for him
Like everyone else and will fail at the brim
Or just at the try of illuminating myself
Or to meet someone so high up

What do I do now with my heartful wish
My memories of imagined future experiences
Who will I place my affection on
Will anyone be enough...

...when I see a holy ghost from the above?

holy ghost

What is a life as low as mine
When I see a holy ghost above

Who am I if I want to be it for him
Or to meet someone so high up

What do I do now with my heartful wish
Who will I place my affection on
Will anyone be enough...

Flash Fiction Competition 2019

A child

My age's issues are a ghost. In my mind, I'm a little child that scraped her knee on the rough concrete. Now I lay, bawling on the ground, blood in my wound, waiting for someone to pick me up. I'm in pain and it tortures me till I can't see a reason to stand up anymore. I'd rather roll in mud and dust forever. Too afraid of standing on my own feet. No one takes my hand to pull me up again, my arms are too long in their reality. How I wish to be a child again.

Song Writing Competition 2019

Distraction

Let them watch their movies of romance and say oh-oh
I take a glance and I want to see more-more
Till I think my private live is nothing but a bore-bore
Let them watch the scenes of ah’s-ah’s
And then find it’ll leave no scars-scars

But it’s all just dis-traction
It’s all just distraction (distraction, distraction)
In real life it hurts much harder-harder
So, stop your 21st century visual
Find that real feelings go further-further
When you’re not online
(it’s all just distraction)

Let them scroll up and down and say huh-huh
You zoom in cuz you want to see more-more
Till you think you’re messed up from the core-core
Let them see the posts of wow-wow
And then find it’ll make you insecure somehow

Refrain

Don’t get fooled
Even if that’s what you’re schooled
Not everything you see is gold
Make your eyes behold

Refrain

Sijo

Pink sunglasses

He has pink sunglasses on but only one eye of mine is covered.
Want to get two so I ask you to take them off for a second. Get mad!
Eventually I just got a new pair of sunglasses.

By heart

stuffy air
on a summer afternoon 
in another old waiting room

would blush 
meeting someone here
where society would never look at you as sheer

but for the cure
I wait
and trade flushes for pills

in thought
they say my name
I walk in with my everlasting aim

say the words
I know by heart already

perhaps this time
see her listen attentively 
hoping they’ll be interpreted differently

she takes a look
but my pain is a liar
never shows itself when on fire

“It looks normal”
I tell her how it feels
that it can bring me to tears

visual deceiver
now can’t cover the concerns
that my well-being should earn

say the words
I know by heart already

frustrated disappearance
leaving again
for my blood to be taken 

I know 
they’ll find nothing
though this is where she double checks besides my scuffing?

feel like...

Fantasy Writing Competition 2019

No moon, without you

She stared at the sky, as she did so often these days.
And she missed her, missed her dearly. She missed her beauty and the reassurance she gave her, missed the soft light she radiated, the peace she felt when watching her but more than anything she missed normality. You’d think two years are enough time to process an occurrence like that, after all our brain only needs three days to get used to new circumstances. Though, for her, it just wasn’t as easy as that. Even the million stars visible in the deep night sky couldn’t make her forget her loss. If not, they only worsened it.

She remembers exactly when the one she admires left. It was a Thursday, only 7 pm when everything went absolutely dark -and not only dark but pitch black. The chaos outside was terrific to say at least. Not only the seemingly tumbling earth frightened humans worldwide but the utter nescience of...

Food Writing Competition 2019

The magic of bread

No matter in which part of the world you are, you'll find that bread always is a part of any traditional meal out there. Even if it's often seen as nothing but a staple, in many cultures, it's much more than that. In fact, French people love their baguette so much that (weak spoiler alert!) Harry Potter isn't defeating Voldemord with a "wand" a "Zauberstab" or a "varita magica"...No, he is using his "baguette magique", no joke. But I mean, if you think about it bread really is magical. It has been feeding the world population for ages now. Funny to think about when you consider that the discovery of loaf was just a happy mistake. 

In my home country, Germany, bread is not just bread: bread is holy. In fact, it's proven that German bread is the best bread you can find worldwide. If you'd ever visit Germany you most likely will notice an enormous amount of bakeries. Those are...

Food Writing Competition 2019

The magic of bread

No matter in which part of the world you are, you'll find that bread always is a part of any traditional meal out there. Even if it's often seen as nothing but a garnish, in many cultures, it's much more than that. In fact, French people love their baguette so much that (weak spoiler alert!) Harry Potter isn't defeating Voldemord with a "wand" a "Zauberstab" or a "varita magica"...No, he is using his "baguette magique", no joke. But I mean if you think about it bread really is magical.  
It has been feeding the world population for ages now. Funny to think about when you consider that the discovery of loaf was just a happy mistake. 

In my home country, Germany, bread is not just bread: bread is holy. There are a hundred different kinds due to the diversity of grains and wheat here. Luckily so, considering its advantages that make bread to a perfect comestible. Bread is nutritious, healthy, cheap and tasty. So, like many...

Earth Day Writing Competition 2019

My life's connection to the earth's depression

In a 600-1,000 word piece of creative nonfiction, write about the threat of climate change in your lifetime, in your corner of the world

If the earth was a human we would consider this said person as someone who is only a step away from a serious depression. Their family is always worried about them, their friends notice their change in behaviour and they can't ever relax properly. I mean, after all, they don't look as good as they used to. Humanity hurt them -and it shows.
It shows when every summer is hotter than the one before. When spring feels like the hottest season already but in the next moment you feel like you have to grab your coat again.

Living on the cost, I believe the effect of our earth heating up, of our sea level rising, of our polluted oceans, is more prominent than in any other part of my country. Now, if you aren't a geographical genius...