Daisy

-Musician
-Big sister to 5 younger siblings
-Baking enthusiast
-Book addict
-Swimmer
-Aspiring author
-Member of the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints

"You can't go back and change the beginning, but you can start where you are and change the ending."
- C.S. Lewis

Peer Reviews

Earth spins on in an eternal orbit - I pass the pen to you and let the stars carry me away

Great work! This truly was an amazing series. I love how you left the rest to our imaginations.

8 months

Windows in the Sky

PROMPT: Cosmic Creations

This is an interesting thought. You could turn this into a plot for the Fantasy competition if you wanted. Great writing!

8 months

Dream Whispers

PROMPT: Fantasy Writing Competition 2019

Don't be afraid to use your descriptive language! Really pull on it! I always dream very vividly so I think your piece would really thrive with vivid language!

8 months

my friend, the ocean

PROMPT: Water Body

Keep on writing! You have a gift.

8 months

something hidden

Great poem! I love it when I read something thought provoking.

8 months

The Glowing River

Just be careful of balancing being in Asa's thoughts and describing it from outside of her.

8 months

Part 1 of Chapter 1 of 'Clue Me In" (Co-author: Christy.Wisdom)

I don't really have anything to say here. Just great idea and keep writing! I'm excited to see how the story continues!

8 months

Words

This was a great first piece! Simple yet powerful. Good luck with your writing!

8 months

No Good Solider

I really enjoyed reading this! Keep writing!

8 months

Beginnings With No End

PROMPT: Five Beginnings

These are some really great opening lines. They really have great potential to make amazing stories! Great job and keep writing!

8 months

The Forest Scholar

PROMPT: Poetry and Spoken Word Competition 2019

I would like it if it were a little longer. Maybe a stanza about courting her, one about finding her dead, something along those lines.

8 months

The Doubt

This was a really good haunting poem about doubt. Great job and keep writing!

8 months

Fissured Past, Fixed Future

PROMPT: Fissure

Great job! Keep writing!

8 months

Returning

PROMPT: Returning

You are great with imagery, just be careful of long sentences. It is mostly better to not try and pack so many words into one sentence.

8 months

Easy Forgiveness

PROMPT: Imagine This

This was a sweet little piece. I enjoyed reading it. There was great imagery and I wanted it to keep going. Good job!

8 months

Rejecting the False Dichotomy Surrounding Social Media

PROMPT: Unplugged: Op-Ed Competition

You might want to change your sentences that start with "and" or "but". They make a point, but they don't fit with the technical tone of the rest of the piece.

8 months

Unplugged: A Life Without Social Media

PROMPT: Unplugged: Op-Ed Competition

I don't know if you meant to do this, but you didn't indent your first paragraph.

8 months

The magic of bread

PROMPT: Food Writing Competition 2019

You might want to break up some of your sentences. There were a couple times where the meaning was lost because the sentence got too long and rambling. Good paper! I can't wait to read more from you!

8 months

Food and Family

PROMPT: Food Writing Competition 2019

I like to read my papers out loud to help create a better flow in the sentences. That might be helpful for you, I don't know :) Keep writing! You have a talent for it.

9 months

Bread

PROMPT: Food Writing Competition 2019

I would read this through out loud and change some of your sentences so that they are longer. It is just a tad choppy for all of the short/medium sentences.

9 months

Spicy Happiness

PROMPT: Food Writing Competition 2019

Just be careful of your grammar and punctuation. Otherwise, great job! I really enjoyed reading this piece.

9 months

Tomaeto, Tomato

PROMPT: Food Writing Competition 2019

Your transitions between thoughts are kind of abrupt. I would try making them a little smoother.

9 months

Bumblebee Bats

PROMPT: Earth Day Writing Competition 2019

Maybe work on your intro. I don't have any specific ideas, it just felt a little abrupt and incomplete.

9 months

The Plastic Straw Problem- PROMPT TWO SUSTAINABILITY AND INNOVATION (PROPOSAL)

Don't be afraid of short sentences. They help keep variety in your writing.

9 months

We're drowning in /the heat/ our inaction/ also, deep water

It would be nice if there was a call to action, instead of just telling us of impending doom. Also, you have a great vocabulary! I liked your wide variety of words. I like how carefully chosen they all were.

9 months

Save Yourself

Another thing you could add was something about animals and how we are affecting them.

9 months

A Wildfire

Again, just add more information. You are brief to the point of confusion. Write more! Use enough words that you can explain what you mean.

9 months

Surviving the Storm

I would have liked it if your ending was a little stronger. Except for the last sentence, it didn't really feel like a conclusion. Also, why didn't you indent any of your paragraphs? That isn't very important, but i wondered. I think it helps guide the reader down the page if the paragraphs are indented.

9 months

Many Years Ago

I would like a little more description of the contrast between the sunshine of those past days, and the gloom of the current days.

9 months

I Challenge You

Personally, I don't think it's a good idea to start a sentence with the word "and."

9 months

Smoke

Maybe use more long sentences. Short sentences are forceful, but they get too choppy if their is too many of them.

9 months

Climate Change Catastrophe

Try and be a little more forceful with your emotions. Help the reader feel what you are feeling.

9 months