Adam Spector

Film Review Competition 2016

When the Game Stands Tall - An Inspiring Movie from Snap to Whistle

From the first “snap” of the film, When the Game Stands Tall, directed by Thomas Carter, is an exciting movie and forcefully reminds watchers the meaning of teamwork and accountability. 

Based on a true story, When the Game Stands Tall features the De La Salle High School football team that is famous for its winning streak of over 150 games. The film begins with the team about to win a state championship and extend the streak to 151 games. During this part of the movie, the Spartans are led by seniors T.K. Kelly (Stephan James) and Cam Colvin (Ser'Darius William Blain), who are able to encourage their teammates to be accountable for and play for one another. In the offseason that follows, events such as the death of Colvin’s mother, the murdering of T.K. Kelly, and Head Coach Bob Ladoucer (Jim Caviezel) suffering a heart-attack foreshadow a relatively dim future for the De La Salle team. The beginning of...

Film Review Competition 2016

Based on a true story, When the Game Stands Tall features the De La Salle High School football team that is famous for its winning streak of over 150 games. The film begins with the team about to win a state championship and extend the streak to 151 games. During this part of the movie, the Spartans are led by seniors T.K. Kelly (Stephan James) and Cam Colvin (Ser'Darius William Blain), who are able to encourage their teammates to be accountable for and play for one another. In the offseason that follows, events such as the death of Colvin’s mother (Adella Gautier), the murdering of T.K. Kelly, and Head Coach Bob Ladoucer (Jim Caviezel) suffering a heart-attack foreshadow a relatively dim future for the De La Salle team. The...

Film Review Competition 2016

Film Review Competition 2016

Based on a true story, When the Game Stands Tall features the De La Salle High School football team that is famous for its winning streak of over 150 games. The film begins with the team about to win a state championship and extend the streak to 151 games. During this part of the movie, the Spartans are led by seniors T.K. Kelly (Stephan James) and Cam Colvin (Ser'Darius William Blain), who are able to encourage their teammates to be accountable for and play for one another. In the offseason that follows, events such as the death of Colvin’s mother, the murdering of T.K. Kelly, and Head Coach Bob Ladoucer (Jim Caviezel) suffering a heart-attack foreshadow a relatively dim future for the De La Salle team. The...

Film Review Competition 2016

Film Review Competition 2016

From the first “snap” of the movie, When the Game Stands Tall, directed by Thomas Carter, is an exciting movie and forcefully reminds watchers the meaning of teamwork and accountability. 

Based on a true story, When the Game Stands Tall features the De La Salle High School football team that is famous for its winning streak of over 150 games.  The film begins with the team about to win a state championship and extend the streak to 151 games.  During this time, the Spartans are led by seniors T.K. Kelly (Stephan James) and Cam Colvin (Ser'Darius William Blain), who were able to encourage their teammates to be accountable for and play for one another.  In the offseason that followed, events such as the death of Colvin’s mother, the murdering of T.K. Kelly and Head Coach Bob Ladoucer (Jim Caviezel) suffering a heart-attack foreshadowed a relatively dim future for the De La Salle team.  The beginning of the...

Film Review Competition 2016

From the first “snap” of the movie, When the Game Stands Tall  is an exciting movie and forcefully reminds watchers the meaning of teamwork and accountability. 

Based on a true story, When the Game Stands Tall features the De La Salle High School football team that is famous for its winning streak of over 150 games.  The film begins with the team about to win a state championship and extend the streak to 151 games.  During this time, the Spartans are led by seniors T.K. Kelly (Stephan James) and Cam Colvin (Ser'Darius William Blain), who were able to encourage their teammates to be accountable for and play for one another.  In the offseason that followed, events such as the death of Colvin’s mother, the murdering of T.K. Kelly and Head Coach Bob Ladoucer (Jim Caviezel) suffering a heart-attack foreshadowed a relatively dim future for the De La Salle team.  The beginning of the next season was showed...

Film Review Competition 2016

From the first “snap” of the movie, “When the Game Stands Tall”  is an exciting movie and forcefully reminds watchers the meaning of teamwork and accountability. 

Based on a true story, “When the Game Stands Tall” features the De La Salle High School football team that is famous for its winning streak of over 150 games.  The film begins with the team about to win a state championship and extend the streak to 151 games.  During this time, the Spartans are led by seniors T.K. Kelly and Cam Colvin, who were able to encourage their teammates to be accountable for and play for one another.  In the offseason that followed, events such as the death of Colvin’s mother, the murdering of T.K. Kelly and Head Coach Bob Ladoucer suffering a heart-attack foreshadowed a relatively dim future for the De La Salle team.  The beginning of the next season was showed the Spartans in a new light, as...

Film Review Competition 2016

`    From the first “snap” of the movie, “When the Game Stands Tall”  is an exciting movie and forcefully reminds watchers the meaning of teamwork and accountability. 

Based on a true story, “When the Game Stands Tall” features the De La Salle High School football team that is famous for its winning streak of over 150 games.  The film begins with the team about to win a state championship and extend the streak to 151 games.  During this time, the Spartans are led by seniors T.K. Kelly and Cam Colvin, who were able to encourage their teammates to be accountable for and play for one another.  In the offseason that followed, events such as the death of Colvin’s mother, the murdering of T.K. Kelly and Head Coach Bob Ladoucer suffering a heart-attack foreshadowed a relatively dim future for the De La Salle team.  The beginning of the next season was showed the Spartans in a new light, as new...