Unnamed

Lovegood_24

I love acting, creative writing, listening to music, and pretending I can draw.

Everyone should read this piece by the ever talented A Breath Into Silence:
https://www.writetheworld.com/groups/1/shared/99816/version/189825

Sometimes what's meant to break you, makes you brave.
- Janice (Mean Girls the Musical)

Back!

Hey I know it's been a while I don't know if people remember me, but I promised a lot of you reviews for helping me with themes for my story, and I also left a contest un-judged. I want to apologize for not getting to those in a time that they were expected but after I wrote my little "I'll be back in one week" thing some more things happened- some great, some not so great- and I needed to take care of that first. My goal is to reread all the entries for the contest by Friday and announce winners by Sunday and work on two-three reviews from the helping me out with my story people a day. Again, I would like to apologize for promising things and not delivering them in a timely fashion, but I can promise that I will get to them. My goal is also to be back on here on a fairly regular basis...

Little Announcement

Hi folks!

Some stuff has happened (nothing to worry about) so I haven't been on here for quite some time, but things should sort themselves out pretty soon and when they do everyone who I said I'd do a review for and the winners of my first contest will start getting their reviews/will be announced. Sorry about the delay with all that, I expect to be back reviewing and writing sometime next week.

Peace!
- Lovegood_24

Opportunity To Help A Fellow Writer And Get A Review

Hiii!!!! So I have what I think is an awesome idea for a story, but I'm missing one important element and nothing is coming to me that seems right. So I was wondering if you all could answer these two questions:

What do you know for sure you could live without?
What do you know for sure you couldn't live without?

I'm looking for semi-deep answers by that I mean something other than "I can live without spinach and I can't live without my phone", etc.

Anyone who answers can ask for one piece of theirs to be reviewed and I'll be leaving this up until July 5.

Thanks in advance!

Also if you haven't already check out my first contest with more opportunities to get reviews! The latest I'll be taking submissions is July 1st.
Pretty Cool Contest If I Do Say So Myself

MY FIRST CONTEST!!! Lots of Prizes!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Hello and welcome to my first contest which I am super excited about! I’m about to start the Addams Family this summer and was inspired by that for a prompt for a contest which I’ve been wanting to do for a while. I also have two other prompts and hopefully you’ll find something that suits your interest and feel compelled to enter. Here goes!

Prompt 1:
Write a story where the normal expectations of society are the opposite, but no one questions it except for a visitor in town who is used to doing things "the normal" way. Be appropriate.

Word Limit: Unlimited! (Be reasonable:))

Prompt 2:
Take a quote from a musical and write a story or poem inspired by it. (This is inspired ((haha)) by ADM's #ADM.Short contest.)

Note: Put the quote and musical it is from in the footnotes. You may also have the quote in your piece if you wish,...

Fantasy Writing Competition 2019

The Girl Who Needed

Once upon a time in a far away land lay a small village at the foot of a kingdom. In the kingdom dwelled three princesses, four princes, a queen and a king. At the edge of the village lived all the people who worked for the royal family including two brothers on the run. Deeper into the village lived a confident girl named Dawson Merriweather. Dawson had everything she needed but one thing. She didn’t know she needed it, but she needed it. One morning, as she was getting ready to head to the castle to teach one of the princess’, two brothers in trouble with the law overheard her grumbling.

“...why can’t anyone around here just be normal? Honestly, I am perfect. Why does everyone need to be so wrong? Impolite is what I’d call the royals. Well, except Princess Opal. She can’t help that she was born into that family. But everyone else? Everyone in the town has...

Realm of Wishes: Chapter Five

Chapter One
Chapter Two
Chapter Three
Chapter Four

“The wish child is out there, my lady. She’s going to create war between the kingdoms.”
    “Whatever Maryn does, make certain that my daughter will be safe.”
    “My lady, the only way to secure utmost certainty that the wish child will never so much as lay a finger of Princess Lillian is to send her to through the barrier.”
    “My husband will be most distressed. But so be it. If she is safe, that is all that matters.”
    “My lady, you will likely never see her and she will never know about the life she could have led.”
    “I have faith I will see her again in the future.”
    “Very well, my queen.”

Fantasy Writing Competition 2019

The Girl Who Needed

Common Room Chatter #potterheadforever

Waiting until Madame Pince was out if earshot, Neville made his way to the back of the library where Ginny sat. 
"Hey, Ginny!"
Ginny looked up from where she was reading.
"Hi, Neville!"
Neville looked around nervously and then sat down at the seat across from her.
"Look, um Ginny, would you want to go to the Yule Ball with me?

1 Month Later

Ginny and Neville sat in the Gryffindor common room playing Exploding Snap while daring each other periodically to try the sickeningly orange studded green Bertie Bott's Every Flavor Bean that sat among the company of candy wrappers
"How have you been?" Ginny suddenly asked. Neville looked up from the game.
"Herbology is still the only class I do well in."
"I need help in Herbology."
"Are your sure you want me to help you? I can barely remember the passwords to the common room. You saw what happened last year. I nearly got everyone killed!"
"...

Realm of Wishes: Chapter Four

Chapter One
Chapter Two
Chapter Three

“Tillie!”
    “Hi, Bianca! Ethan. Oh, it’s so good to see you, B! My sister and Danny are at home right now, and Thelma taught me to most marvelous recipe for scones! I brought it so we should make them! Ethan you can help to! Oh, they are soooo delicious!”
    “Tillie,” Bianca laughed, “Slow down! Of course we can make the scones. Come on let’s go to the kitchen.”
    The twins and Tillie walked to the kitchen and began getting out the ingredients.
    “I have so much to tell you!” Tillie exclaimed. “Thelma got engaged to Danny and she wants me to be her bridesmaid! I don’t know the first thing about marriages, but they’re getting married at my grandparents house in New Hampshire and guess what? You’re invited! You too Ethan! Oh, it’s going to be so much fun! And Danny is so funny, and he also likes to play music so he’s teaching...

Anugwa: Chapter One

Prologue     

Two kids sat in a park hovering over a scrap of paper oblivious to the fact that such behavior was unusual for children their age. At this time all children under eleven in Anugwa would normally be playing war. This was a game taught to kids at a young age and they had an hour set aside each day to play it. Of course it wasn’t required that you play, it just was that who wouldn’t want to play it? The idea of jumping up and down to avoid getting jostled by your opponent was very entertaining. Suddenly the girl in the park sat up.
    “Ben”, she said to her friend, “let’s go join them.” The scrap of paper left behind, the two kids joined their friends in a new exciting game of war that was about to start. The paper, laying face up on the bench depicted two people reaching towards the sky.
     ...

A Turn In The Right Direction

Wednesday

Rinah smiles at me as I do backbend after backbend on the tightrope.
    “You’re so cool!” She cries. I jump down and she gives me a hug. “I’m super excited to see your acrobatics troupe on Saturday!” Her lips graze my ears as she whispers this and my stomach churns like the flips I need to practice before my show. I end our embrace by stepping back and smiling at her.
    “Thanks so much for coming with me to practice!” I manage to say. I go to change out of my leotard and when I come back Rinah is waiting for me.
    “Hi!”
    “Hi!” We both stare at each other for a couple seconds then burst out laughing.
    “Do you wanna get a snack or something?” She asks. I nod and we walk out of the gym into the strong wind that blows our hair out of our face and means to push us back. I smile at her...

#ADM.Short The Road Not Taken

“Next!”

Bev continued scooping chili into bowls and placing them on trays. “How are you today Miss Maisy?” she asked the next girl in line.
    “I got a C on my math test! I’m going to be so grounded,” Maisy pouted.
    “At least you passed my dear, I imagine the conversation with your parents would be much worse if you had gotten an F.”
    “That’s true. Thanks Bev!”
    Bev smiled and moved on to the next kid.
    “How are you Jackson? That ankle feeling better?” Jackson hobbled on his crutches while his friend Leo carried both their trays.
    “Feelin’ better Mrs.B! Thanks.” Bev placed chili on both of the trays Leo was carrying.
    “You’re a great friend Leo, have a nice day you two!”
    “Thanks, Bev!” Leo called. Bev smiled and got ready to greet the next student. A boy with a light blue hoodie with his head     hung low quickly took the food she offered him.
    “Hi dear, are...

The Brilliance of A Masquerade

There’s a clock on my wall
   that reads 9 pm

I like looking at my clock because
   the hands always seem to be waving hi
Inching closer and closer to each numerical friend

My clock is pretty
It has a swirly green tie-dye face and 
The seconds hand has a lively monarch butterfly on it
   which travels smoothly along the radius of the clock
   letting the other hands know when it is time for them to move

The mantel in which my clock rests is made of mahogany wood and makes a nice picture when my friends come over

There is nothing insuring my clock won’t slip though 

My clock is patiently expecting the day when a greater force shoves it down

Down, down, down, my clock goes

The protective glass shatters into a scatter of constellations on my white tiled floor

The hands droop sadly, the wings of the butterfly crumple

My clock is sad...

Realm of Wishes: Chapter 2

Chapter One

Sundays where Bianca Wilson’s worst days. Her mom had clients all morning in the basement, so the first thing Bianca had to do when she woke up was set up a waiting area in their living room. Her dad had video meetings all day with big shot company heads from around the world, and she had to watch Louna until it was time to bring her over to Anna-Lyn’s house. As she finished putting the coffee maker and packaged cookies on the coffee table in the makeshift waiting room, Ethan stumbled down the stairs.
    “Mornin’ B!” He called as he made his way to the kitchen. Bianca just shook her head as she went down the hall to Louna's room.
    “Hi Lou Lou! Time to wake uppy! Who’s hungry for some breakfast? I don’t know. Me? No. Ethan? No. Oh! I know! Lou Lou is! Who’s going to be a good girl...

Realm of Wishes: Chapter 1

“Tommy boy?” Maryn called out in the dark. Tom ran, following the sound of her comforting voice. All he wanted to do was help her. Please her in some way. Then, and only then would he be satisfied. “Tommy?” Her voice rang through the tunnel again. He reached in front of himself and caught her hand.
    Holding her steady he whispered, “Right beside you. What do you wish?”
    “Tommy boy,” she breathed, “I need you to follow the light at the end of tunnel. There lies the diamond I need. The only problem is, it’s covered in frigid water-“ Tom took a step back from her, letting her hand fall. He could hear Maryn smile in the dark. “Tommy boy, you would do anything for me right? To free me from my spell?”
    “Yes.”
    “Then I need you to go into the water pit and fetch me the diamond at the bottom. Do this, and you are free to go.” ...

Anugwa: Prologue

Dearest Zoe,
    I sit in the park we used to play in. At least it once was a park. Now it is a replica of the drawing we drew as kids of what we wanted placed in the park. Back when we knew nothing. When the darkest secrets were kept away from us and our world seemed perfect. Back when I still had you... I miss you every day. Some children stumbled upon our home through a dream. The same way Lex found our planet's secret. I know you would want me to tell your story. I will. I also know you would have wanted to know the ending. You will. This is for you Zoe.
    I sit on the rocks we used to play war in when we were young. Back when we knew nothing. That war is not a game. We thought it was. As I sit in the rocks there is a statue of me and you,...

#SomethingIsComing

I step outside with my bucket only to hear the trees whisper at me. Odd, I think. Usually they are exclaiming with happiness about the crisp morning air. How different it is from the sticky afternoon. I walk closer to make sense of their words.
    “Laughing is loving,” I hear. The whispers overlapping faster and faster make me wonder if I heard them correctly for they seem scared. I place my hand on each trunk I walk past as I make my way to a clearing. While I do, their whispers become louder, more intense. I’m confused. Do they think that because I don’t laugh with them daily that I don’t love them? I shake my head as I fill my bucket with water from the clearing. As I walk back home, again placing my palm on each trunk so they I know I’m here, they whisper to me. But this time it’s more concise and I tremble when...

Realm of Wishes: Chapter 3

Chapter One
Chapter Two

“Tom, she’s using you! Can’t you see that? Wish children aren’t supposed to take wishes from other wish children. If they do, both of them die!” Kara cried as her brother stood stubbornly in front of her.
    “Kara, I’m not going to die. I made sure of it. But if I don’t help Maryn, then she’s never going to be free from her spell which means that I won’t be able to learn from her. I need to learn from her before I turn eighteen. Once I’m eighteen, if I haven’t learned any magic, I’ll just turn into a human and I won’t be able to live here anymore.”
    “Yes you can! Plenty of humans live here just fine! You just don’t want to be the only one in the family that doesn’t have powers of any kind! Maryn’s killed people, Tom. She’s killed! Why can’t you learn from someone else?” Kara was yelling now, tears...

Realm of Wishes: Chapter 1

“Yes.”

Realm of Wishes: Chapter 2

Chapter One

Realm of Wishes: Chapter 1

“Yes.”

Poetry and Spoken Word Competition 2019

Contemplation From My Counterpart

I can hear the echo of my face screaming at me all morning
It tells me things
Things I might not want to hear

The glass is just there, clean, shimmery, poised, perfect
What I long to be

One quick glance and it tells me I’m okay
On closer inspection I see more
Today it’s laugh lines from years of listening to dad jokes
Yesterday it was the smudges of dirt I had clinging to my face like fuzz on velcro

Sometimes I’ll look just so I can get some validation
One quick glance, that’s all I need
Because it tells me the same thing if it’s just for a second like always
I’m fine
I look fine

That second turns into minutes

Then the girl in mirror tells me a story

She says that she is made up of an accumulation of bad decisions
She says that I should stop listening to the lies people tell me that I'm...