j.baustian

180

Evolution of Thought

My evolution of thought has changed over the many years that I have been around on this earth. Whether it was when I was a kid I thought that ValleyFair and Arnold's Park were the coolest places on earth. They had the biggest and the baddest roller coasters and your options of having fun were infinite. My perspective of these places changed a lot when I visited them again as middle aged teenager.
    I was able to do everything on my own and didn't have a parent or my siblings that were chasing me everywhere. I had a feeling of independence and I could do what I want with who I wanted. My friends and I finished all of the rides in a short time and we found it boring after that, probably because we were tired. These amusement parks were the most thrilling things when I was a kid, but now as I get older they become...

[Insert Age]

18

Jack Baustian
Miss Sahly
College Writing and Research
26 April 2016    
    When I was an adolescent I always thought I could do anything when I was 18, I am considered an adult and anything illegal that I do would go on my permanent record. Before being 18 I was always thinking I could get pulled over and get a ticket but it wouldn't matter because my record would reset when I turn 18, now its here and there is no turning back. Granted I wouldn't do any of these things on purpose anyway, that't just what I thought of when being 18. 
    Eightteen seemed so far away, and back in October when school started I thought it was a really long way away with plenty of time until my birthday. This has been the fastest school year so far, and Im glad what I have accomplished and experienced but next year I will miss seeing my...

All Talk

Split

"Dad, do you think I could go this Friday night?"
"Go where?"
"I thought mom would've told you!?"
"No, mom hasn't come home lately. She is staying at Aunt Jesse's"
"Why?" 
"I don't know Alex, why don't you ask her that!"
"No, I don't want to bother her."
"So, where did you want to go this weekend?"
"Well I was hoping to..."

All Talk

Split

"Dad, do you think I could go this friday night?"
"Go where?"
"I thought mom would've told you!?"
"Why?" 
"No, I don't want to bother her."
"So where did you want to go this weekend?"
"Well I was hoping to..."

Op-ed Competition 2016

Political Interests

As November comes nearer, more and more people become interested in national politics. With Super Tuesday and the caucuses done, each party now needs to select someone to represent their people. As it looks right now the democratic party is being led by Hillary Clinton, and the republican party is being led by the infamous Donald Trump. 
    Many people know about Donald Trump and how he says many offensive comments. One comment that he made after the San Bernardino shooting in California was "total and complete shutdown of Muslims entering the United States until our country's representatives can figure out what is going on". Trump said this out of complete dislike of the Muslim race after a select group of people attacked American citizens. As Trump does not know, not all Muslims are bad, and a specific organization is doing these terrible things. If one looks back onto all the things that have gone wrong in...