A Certain Type of Decisive

Just your unfriendly neighborhood disaster, bringing you bi-weekly updates from the bottom of my own shoe!

Peer Reviews

Operation: Dreamy Scene

I remember so many dumb plans I made when I was ten: hiding in the bathroom to see school at night, running into the woods and getting lost because I was mad at my sister, hiding in a box and mailing myself to my grandparents house-- the works.

about 1 month

i h y

Most of my (writing) life I have lived in fear of reviewing poetry-ish pieces because it's often deeply personal or choices I think seem unimportant carry deep meaning for the writer. I'm also a dense cheesehead when it comes to metaphors. If you think art is about changing people's minds, you've accomplished that! I'm trying to challenge myself! Face my fears! Make my cheesehead everyone else's problem!

unknown

Coward

PROMPT: Historical Fiction Competition 2020

Just a couple grammatical things with your quotes, punctuation and indents. I used a "they/them" pronoun for Hailey because I wasn't sure, I hope that's not too confusing. I didn't check the word count, but keep that in mind while writing, too. I give advice best through questions and examples, so just don't think you have to use everything or answer all of them, they're all just suggestions. And good luck!! :)

about 2 months

Music to my Ears (an excerpt from my short story)

This is a good story! Just a couple grammatical things and loads of suggestions of little changes and sentence structure things. Make sure you lock down those tenses in the past, otherwise it seems a little awkward lol. I can't wait to see how this turns out, great job!!

3 months

How I Have Shattered

Welcome to Write the World! I just saw your first piece and I was planning on reading that one, but I saw this one first and I got so curious, so!! Here I am!! I know you're going to be a great writer, just keep writing what you feel- just keep writing whatever. If you aren't where you want to be yet, don't worry- you're going to be amazing.

5 months

WORK IN PROGRESS - Reviews greatly appreciated

I'm still writing that story for you- I'm just not very good at writing funny stories lol I hope a review can make up for the delay? Sorry about the novel in the first answer quarantine makes me want to tell people every thought I've ever had idk why. I don't know how recent this was but I hope you're doing better? Anyway, happy plague!

6 months

Heart of New York City

PROMPT: Star Wish

I really enjoyed reading this story and I can't wait for more of itl. I love the character and I'm craving more- more of her and more characters for her to interact with. I want to know how her meeting goes, what her world looks like. You've got me so deep in your little world I don't know how to get back out again. Great job!

9 months

Incomprehensible Magic

This piece was lovely and well thought out, from beginning to end. I really enjoyed it and look forward to your future writing.

10 months

A Yellow and White Year

PROMPT: Star Wish

unknown

Home

PROMPT: At Home

unknown

Light

This is a piece that almost reminds me of a younger cousin, telling me everything about a game she made up, with more wisdom than expected stuffed into a short little microcosm of life about the sun and the moon. Good job!

10 months

The abstract gift

PROMPT: Three Gifts

This piece has a lot of potential. The language was straightforward and succinct, sending a clear message. Great work!

10 months

shadow

This poem was very charged, with just about every emotion one might feel in a frustrating relationship. Situations get tough, but I'm proud of you for finding a way to get through it. The quality of this poem was almost like a vent, like talking to your closest friend. Even though it was sad and frustration, this poem is well written, good job.

10 months

Objects

This piece felt very purposeful and peaceful. It conveyed a sense of contentedness. I like the avoidance of the common them that "having personal belongs is bad! Only love your family and be grateful," while not being horribly materialistic. There was a nice balance. Great work and I hope you enjoy your continued writing.

10 months

Where am I now? Why?

PROMPT: Now to Then

unknown

like the dark has opened its maw and now i can see its teeth

PROMPT: Universal Knowledge

So, uh, wow. This brings me back to my good old days when I imagined the dark as a possible hiding spot for nightmares. Glad I'm over that and into the days of loving the darkness because I have heat exhaustion. Anyhow, this gave me all kinds of emotions that weren't warm or fuzzy, but that's probably the point. I'm sorry to hear you aren't sleep well, but at least you made a cool poem? I dunno, but I love the piece and am looking forward to more writing from you.

about 1 year

Dreaming in Black and White

PROMPT: Flash Fiction Competition 2019

Welcome to WtW, you’re a great writer and this is a promising first piece. I can't wait to see what other prose and poetry you write! Thanks for distracting me from my homework and overall making my day with this. I hope you find whatever you're looking for here!

about 1 year

With Love, Light

This poem is one I really admire and if you plan on writing more, I would love to see it. The sensory details are short, but have enough meaning to drag me onto this battlefield. Don't worry about not spending a lot of time on it, because the ideas were planning themselves out for much longer, typing it up is a different story. This is an awesome poem, thanks for writing it.

over 1 year

Knobs Are Interesting...

The piece goes by so fast, I wish there was more of it! The time jumps are a little awkward at the moment, but with a little refining could get you where you want to be. The tense the whole thing is written in is overall a little weird and it's probably best to stick to past tense (but I'm not condoning the experimentation!). I feel like all the best parts could be dramatized a little more, just for the effect. Overall, I love the story and characters and vibe, I can't wait for part 2!

over 1 year