Fire girl

KatieGeeJam

At Home

Home

For others, home is a place to rest after a long day, a warm and cozy shelter to hide in. 
    While I do love being warm, I think the place I feel the most at home is not inside my house, but on top of it. It's pretty silly, I know, but up on the roof you can see everything and it's nice to know that nothing can change up there without you seeing it. Once you climb the slim, slightly shaky, metal ladder, you can see rolling hills with trees scattered all over the green grass, with the occasional house way hiding right by the blue sky. In the warm months you can see a patch of blooming sweet peas, turning the green to a florescent pink. In the winter all of the trees turn bare and the hills are white, pure innocence to a not so innocent month here in Michigan. 
    Turn your...

Tiny Love Story

Only a Hundred Words

I can only say one-hundred words... 
How can I describe my smile whenever I see your stupid face through the car window?
Or all of the times that you look at me and I feel heat seeping through my face, infecting every corner?
Maybe I can tell them about the time we looked at the stars, but all I could focus on was your voice filling the sky with lust and wonder.
Maybe I can say all the things that make you special (if only it was 1,000,000 instead)
Maybe... just maybe I can say,
I love you,

...I do.