Harlow

A human that does stuff with words among other humans who do other stuff with words

DEEP THOUGHT WINNERS: Zalma and MarSan!!

Hello, world! I’m a writer and a podcaster and a lonely potato. Enjoy my half-decent ramblings!
Podcast: https://anchor.fm/texttospeech
Bandcamp: heads-tails.bancamp.com

Peer Reviews

A Hollow Crown

I've never read Shakespeare, so I can't comment on that aspect of the piece, but the craft, imagery, mood, and organization of the poem fit the overall eerie tone well. Thanks for entering the competition and letting me read.

5 days

thinkin' in colours #colours

You're an awesome writer and I'd love to work with you on an independent segment on my podcast. Thank you for entering my competition and for giving me the privilege to read your work.

5 days

And lies will tarnish the blood of the innocent until my veins are ruby-red once more.

Your protagonist's varying literal view provides strange bits of comedy throughout this piece that I was for which I was not prepared. Their use of metaphor adds a strange depth to the story that I didn't think I'd need. I'm glad we got paired for reviewers' club this month, but your work seems a little to deep for my skills. I spent a lot of time researching possible allusions and metaphors and hope that I adequately reviewed your work. With Love, Harlow

about 1 month

the global cold

Can’t wait to hear your thoughts on my work! Hope I wasn’t too harsh.

about 2 months

Photograph

Sorry if these reviews seem cut and dry. You really did do a great job but I feel like I’m saying that a lot.

3 months

Narrative Without People

PROMPT: "Narrative Without People"

Great piece! Would love to see it drawn out a bit but definitely a good read.

3 months

Broken Wheels #raincontest

I left comments with the rest of what I had to say and I'm sorry if any of this sounded harsh. I enjoyed this piece and would love to give more feedback if you'd have me.

3 months

Hair cut

Consider italicizing the first three words and the line "They have seen too much" for dramatic effect. Great piece! I really think you should enter it to the competition.

4 months

Book Sample! REALLY need some feedback!!!

I’ll be on the look out for any Led Zeppelin fans writing novels! This seems like it could turn into something worth reading and rereading time and time again

4 months

Dying

Maybe consider italicizing to symbolize duality. Other than that, perfect.

6 months

Roses

I've developed a fear of roses now. Well done!

7 months

Black Night #T2S

I wanted to review to give you a better insight on such a sensitive topic. Bold choice, great piece, 10/10 writing. It's really great.

7 months

i wrote on the mirror with lipstick

I freaking love this. It's beautiful and well written and I love it more than words can express. Dude, write more stuff!!!! :) - Harlow

7 months

To My Future Self

Your username, your bio, and your work are awesome. I’m really glad to have had the privilege of reading this. I hope to read more of your work.

7 months

where does healing begin?

I love this. It was great to read and it helped me say some things. Thank you.

7 months

Am I Pretty Enough?

PROMPT: Flash Fiction Competition 2017

<3<3<3<3v<3<3v<3<3<3

8 months

The Grass is Always Greener?

I honestly love this piece as I too have an appreciation for the greener grasses in life. I hope to read more of your grass-based works soon. This was really cool!

8 months