AdamS10cp

Film Review Competition 2016

Do You Believe in Miracles? Then Watch this Film!

Miracle Review
    Miracle is a sports movie that is based off of the 1980 U.S.A ice hockey team. This film perfectly illustrates the dramatic, emotional, and exhilarating path the young group of American athletes, averaging the age of 21 years old, went through. As a member of the audience, I felt as though I relived the miracle due to the amount of emotion and detail the movie extracted. The film displays the bitter relationship between the U.S.A, and the then, Soviet Union. It doesn’t just show the athletic competition, but shows the competition between capitalism vs. socialism. Herb Brooks, played by Kurt Russell, is the unpredictable head coach of the U.S hockey team. Russell did a phenomenal job portraying Herb Brooks as the man he actually was. Other than Russell, there were no “household” names. This actually helped me focus on the characters themeselves, rather than the person who played them. I would feel connected to these actors,...

Film Review Competition 2016

Miracle Review

Film Review Competition 2016

Miracle Review
    Miracle is a sports movie that is based off of the 1980 U.S.A ice hockey team. This film perfectly illustrates the dramatic, emotional, and exhilarating path the young group of American athletes went through. As a member of the audience, I felt as though I relived the miracle. The film displays the bitter relationship between the U.S.A, and the then, Soviet Union. It doesn’t just show the athletic competition, but shows the competition between capitalism vs. socialism. Herb Brooks, played by Kurt Russell, is the unpredictable head coach of the U.S hockey team. Russell did a phenomenal job portraying Herb Brooks as the man he actually was. Other than Russell, there were no “big time” names. This actually helped me look at the characters these actors played rather than being caught up in a superstar actor. I would feel connected to these actors, who mainly played as the U.S hockey players. I could relate to what...

Film Review Competition 2016

Adam Spielberger
World Literature
Mrs. Herman
                                                                                Miracle Review
    Miracle is a sports movie that is based off of the 1980 U.S.A ice hockey team. This film perfectly illustrates the dramatic, emotional, and exhilarating path the young group of American athletes went through. As a member of the audience, I felt as though I relived the miracle. The film displays the bitter relationship between the U.S.A, and the then, Soviet Union. It doesn’t just show the athletic competition, but shows the competition between capitalism vs. socialism. Herb Brooks, played by Kurt Russell, is the unpredictable head coach of the U.S hockey team. Russell did a phenomenal job portraying Herb Brooks as the man he actually was. Other than Russell, there were no “big time” names. This actually helped me look at the characters these actors played rather than being caught up in a superstar actor. I would feel connected to these actors, who mainly played as...