emilyb10cp

Writing Resolution

Life as We Know It

Life as We Know It follows the story of two young adults, Holly and Messer, who unexpectedly become parents to their goddaughter, Sophie. The two begin their relationship on rough grounds with a failed attempt at a blind-date. Their lives get flipped upside down as they find themselves in the midst of a tragedy as Sophie’s birth parents who happen to be their best friends, decease. Not only are they struck in awe by the death of their best friends, but they are put to the task of being parents to a young child. Sophie is played by a set of adorable triplets from the Clagett family, which I would have never known had I not done my research. Katherine Heigl (Holly) and Josh Duhamel (Messer) are a match-made-in-heaven in terms of costars. They have exceptional on-screen chemistry that makes the movie seem as if it is a reenactment of their personal lives.
    The movie captures the idea that...

Film Review Competition 2016

Life as We Know It

Life as We Know It follows the story of two young adults who unexpectedly become parents to their goddaughter, Sophie. Holly and Messer begin their relationship on rough grounds with a failed blind-date. Soon, their lives get flipped upside down as they find themselves in the midst of a tragedy while instantaneously becoming parents. Katherine Heigl (Holly) and Josh Duhamel (Messer) are a match-made-in-heaven in terms of costars. They have exceptional on-screen chemistry that makes the movie seem as if it is a reenactment of their personal lives. Sophie is played by a set of adorable triplets from the Clagett family, which I would have never known had I not done my research.
    The movie captures the idea that all that is needed in an ideal family is love, rather the stereotypical dynamic. Although Holly and Messer seem to rapidly become parents, they never lose an ounce of the love they have for Sophie. They come into conflict between their...