Picture?width=128&height=128

Ioana Georgiana

Romania

Picture?width=64&height=64
Leader

Ioana Georgiana (Romania) earned a badge Leader

Picture?width=64&height=64

Ioana Georgiana (Romania) reviewed:

Equality

Simply beautiful.

Picture?width=64&height=64

Ioana Georgiana (Romania) reviewed:

Eschaton (The End Time)

I just got chills all over.

Picture?width=64&height=64
Pro reviewer

Ioana Georgiana (Romania) earned a badge Pro Reviewer

Picture?width=64&height=64

Ioana Georgiana (Romania) published:

Enigma

PROMPT: Unnamed

The title of a Coldplay song. One of the various hues of the sun. Fields of wheat and sunflower. The colour most often associated with Joy. All of these have something in common. Happiness, freedom. I believe that if you could bottle up this colour, you could take it and cure the world with it. People would no longer experience feelings such as anger, fear and disappointment.  One colour can change everything, for the better.

Seeking Peer Reviews

Picture?width=64&height=64

Ioana Georgiana (Romania) published:

Names, Names, Names

PROMPT: Names, Names, Names

A breakfast joint: Granny's
A new smartphone : SARA
An eyeglasses store: iWear
A dog pound: Doggie's Deluxe 
A highway: Hellbound Highway
An island resort: The Hideaway
A new constellation: Sidus Astra
A pet polar bear: Fram
A nail polish color: Golly Great Green
A new butterfly species: Whispis Allus

Seeking Peer Reviews

Picture?width=64&height=64

Ioana Georgiana (Romania) published:

To My Anxiety

PROMPT: Signing Off

Dear Anxiety,
It has not been that long, has it? I have not had the time to write   any more letters to you so I stopped. Sorry about that. I want to make it up to you. Let me tell you what the year of 2016 meant to me.

As cliche as it may sound, 2016 was a year of reflection for me. In 2016 I had some of the best and some of the "not so good" moments...

Seeking Peer Reviews

Picture?width=64&height=64

Ioana Georgiana (Romania) reviewed:

Thoughts

PROMPT: Why I Write

Simple, yet abundant. You said just enough to grab my attention.

Picture?width=64&height=64

Ioana Georgiana (Romania) reviewed:

Gifts to the Senses

Picture?width=64&height=64

Ioana Georgiana (Romania) reviewed:

December...

PROMPT: 10 Words

I wonder why you chose vagueness as one of your words? Other than that, fantastic stylistic choices. Well done.

Unnamed

Enigma

Names, Names, Names

Names, Names, Names

A breakfast joint: Granny's
A new smartphone : SARA
An eyeglasses store: iWear
A dog pound: Doggie's Deluxe 
A highway: Hellbound Highway
An island resort: The Hideaway
A new constellation: Sidus Astra
A pet polar bear: Fram
A nail polish color: Golly Great Green
A new butterfly species: Whispis Allus

Signing Off

To My Anxiety

Dear Anxiety,

As cliche as it may sound, 2016 was a year of reflection for me. In 2016 I had some of the best and some of the "not so good" moments in my life. Last year,  I fell in love for the first time. If any of the previous boys have been mere attractions pertaining to a gorgeous appearance, this one was the real deal. Sadly, it was unrequited way before I actually realized it. It took me a while to get over that person, but now everything is alright. I'm alright. At least that's what I tell myself. I'm not sure if it's a lie or the truth I'm trying...

Why I Write

The Importance of Writing

There are two things that my soul couldn't exist without : writing and music. I breathe writing and I bleed music.
I haven't had that much luck with the latter. Singing doesn't come easily to me. Maybe it's my stage fright that stands before me like a brick wall. Or maybe I'm afraid of having a moment to shine. So I just do what feels more at hand. 

But writing is more than leisure to me. It is freedom of expression, entering a world where judgment is invalid. Paper can't call you names. And the pencil is mightier than the sword. Words are my weapon of choice, in a sick world where you either kill or get killed.   Survival is nature's primordial rule.

Writing gives me a purpose.  This art form feels even more fulfilling when acknowledged by others. It's impossible for your heart not to sing when others tell you that your doing makes their soul vibrate. You...

1 Photo, 100 Words

Uncommon Dance

Black and blue. A clear contrast between the two. Pulsating light and shadow.

The crowd was gathered round the enormous tank at the museum. Apparently, word went around of this amazing exhibition, so people had to check it out. It was more of an  art piece than a jellyfish habitat, in fact.

Up and down, down and up went the luminescent creatures, their tangled, odd limbs, performing some sort of dance. Separately, the movements seemed a broken pattern, something amiss. But together, they became something complex, and beautiful.

That's what it was, life expressed through art, art expressed through nature.

10 Words

December in 10 words

1. Snow
2. Family
3.Holidays
4.Presents
5.Joy
6.Food
7.Gratitude
8.Warmth
9.Love
10.Comfort

Self and a Statistic

Behind The Screen Tragedy

The girl is all alone in her bedroom on a Friday night. She's contemplating every text she ever sent to him. Last one  said "i love you." He never read it. Her heart was broken. Still, she waits.

The boy is all alone too. He gawks at his phone screen as if it was a foreign object burning into the palm of his hand. He scans the words in front of him. So simple, yet so powerful. "i love you.". His deft fingers start typing a reply when suddenly, they freeze. Slowly he starts erasing every single word. He turns off his phone and moves on with his life. 

Still, she waits for words that got lost along the way.

The Peace of Wild Things

Solace

Solace
is sought
in the sea

A blue abyss
so calm and sweet
a place where you can feel complete

As you progress
you start to drown
the frown turns upside down

You are strong
you are built this way
someday you'll resurface but today is not the day

Joy to the World

Romanian's Pride and Joy

In Romanian, " a radia" is the equivalent of joy. It has no connection  whatsoever to the word "irradiate", though phonetically they sound awfully similar.
When Romanians say that someone "radiaza", they mean that they glow from within, glow which consequently transfers to their zealous state of being in that moment. That, to me is the Romanian way of defining one's joy.

On the Last Day of the World

Memories To Light

The starry sky is illuminated by paper lanterns
The souls of those I lost are finally free.

Writing Resolution

2016 in Writing

I have been writing since I was eleven years old. This year, I will turn 18. I have been doing it for quite some time. It all started with a teen novel I never finished. But that's all it took to ignite the writing spark inside of my creative soul. 

Since then, I've had other writing endeavours, such as a speech for a public speaking competition - I advise you not to sign up for something of this sort, if you struggle with social anxiety like I do.  Nevertheless, the speech was good, it was the presentation that lacked in appeal for the judges.

I've discovered a love  for free verse poetry, all by myself, and a love for non fiction writing, thanks to one of the most amazing teachers I've had the pleasure of knowing. While I find poetry a far  more personal approach to writing, I have decided to leave it on the side, at least for now....

Six-Word Memoir

How I Breathe

My lungs feed themselves with words.

Writing Resolution

2016 in Writing

My December

Why December?

I've always had a thing for winter. Some sort of odd fascination. Maybe it's the transition from dead and withered nature we experience in the autumn to the ruthless kiss of winter. A deep contrast between shades of gold and auburn and blinding, iridescent white. I've always thought of  winter as the teased little sister. The one that begged for approval from their older brother. She's misunderstood so  she puts a lid on her emotions. Until, one day, she cracks.

Or perhaps it's the deafening silence that sets in once winter arrives. Creatures seek shelter. Every day is a new shot at survival. Kill or be killed. That's the number one law in the unwritten code of nature. You either adapt to change or die trying to do so. But that's the animal law. A continuous cycle of life and death that people should not meddle with. It's not our battle to carry.

Out of all winter months, December is...

Ioana Georgiana's 1 Like

Turning Darkness into Light by RockSugar98

Published about 1 year ago

4 Likes from Others

Anger

Liked by 1 person

Halcyon

Liked by 1 person

Memories To Light

Liked by 2 people

Starry Night

Liked by 1 person

Pro reviewer

You've now submitted over five reviews!

Earned 8 days ago

Self editor

You've published multiple versions of the same piece

Earned about 1 year ago

Leader

You're being followed by over five other writers!

Earned 8 days ago

Publisher

You've gone live!

Earned about 1 year ago

Prolific

You really are prolific - you've published over ten pieces already.

Earned 15 days ago

Reviewer

You've reviewed!

Earned about 1 year ago

Admirer inactive

Follow over twenty other writers to become an admirer!

Best seller inactive

Get over twenty favorites for one of your published pieces and you'll be a bestseller.

Competitor inactive

It's as easy as entering a competition to earn this badge.

Favoriter inactive

Get favoriting - read and favorite over ten pieces published by others to earn this badge.

Follower inactive

Follow over five other writers and you'll get a badge for your efforts.

Good neighbor inactive

Be a good neighbor - add a profile image and write a short biography.

Luminary inactive

Publish one hundred pieces and you'll be a luminary.

Master reviewer inactive

Write and publish over fifty reviews to become a Master Reviewer

Patron inactive

Become a patron of writers - follow over thirty of them.

Popular penman inactive

Get over ten favorites for your work to become a Popular Penner.

Power writer inactive

Keep going! Write over ten thousand words and you'll be a Power Writer.

Super star inactive

Get your writing career glittering with more than thirty followers.

Supporter inactive

Get supportive. Follow over ten other writers and get a badge too.

Top critic inactive

Submit over fifteen reviews and you'll be a top critic.

1 Following

RockSugar98 RockSugar98