Picture?width=128&height=128

Ioana Georgiana

Romania

Picture?width=64&height=64

Ioana Georgiana (Romania) published:

Billboard Confessions

If I created a billboard, it would say everything people wish they could verbalise but never do. This tangible object would serve a much deeper meaning. Freedom of speech,  when society wants to silence you because you dare to be different.
The girl with dark bags under her eyes and sunken cheeks confesses to her parents. It seems that a troubled mind is what keeps her awake at night. How her crippling fear of not knowing what the...

Seeking Peer Reviews

Picture?width=64&height=64
1

Ioana Georgiana (Romania) published:

I Remember

PROMPT: I Remember

I remember the falling petals of a cherry blossom. I remember the way they swirled around in the crisp air of mid March. As they collapsed to the ground, they formed a beautiful image on the scorching pavement.  My feet were blessed to walk upon the same ground as you did. I remember the clear sky. Its pureness reflected in your azure eyes.

I remember thinking of you. Still. Even though I told myself that I let you go a long...

Seeking Peer Reviews

Picture?width=64&height=64

Ioana Georgiana (Romania) published:

Hypergraphia

Why do authors become authors? Have they been born with this craftsmanship?  No, they spent hours and hours, locked away in their own little worlds with only a pen and a notebook with lined paper. Paper, although it’s lined, you can cross the lines,  the possibilities are limitless. You can write grim descriptions of your own nightmares, with tall castles, dark roads, dead trees with empty trunks  and  hollow branches. Dialogues and monologues, meant to reveal   people’s tenebrous secrets only...

Seeking Peer Reviews

Picture?width=64&height=64
1

Ioana Georgiana (Romania) published:

The Mirror

Many years ago, there used to be a crack right in the middle of my bathroom mirror. Did I create that fissure, in a fit of adolescent rage? Was it there ever since I could remember? I still do not know to this day. What I know for a fact is this.    

Every single morning, I washed my face and brush my teeth. This was a daily ritual, rarely missed. Although simple, it held some special meaning to me. After...

Seeking Peer Reviews

Picture?width=64&height=64
1

Ioana Georgiana (Romania) published:

Unexplained

PROMPT: Beyond Reason

I want to know.
Did I do you wrong?
Did I do you harm?
Blame me.

Another one of these questions,
Plagues my mind.
Why her?
And not me?

Is she better?
Prettier, skinnier, taller?
Or maybe you like her
For  reasons I may never discover.

I am trying to move on
Why won't my heart and soul let me?
Do know this.
I want what's best for you and I hope she makes you happy like I couldn't.

Seeking Peer Reviews

Picture?width=64&height=64

Ioana Georgiana (Romania) published:

I Survived

A mental disorder,
Is like the wind:
You cannot see it
But it's there.

I survived.

18 years of self doubt,
Anxiety, depression, body image issues
I went through it all,
The highs and the lows.

I survived.

Dark thoughts clouded,
My pretty little head
No one knew or understood
So I turned to music.

I survived.

To this day,
I still get called
An attention seeker
My feelings get invalidated.

I survived. ...

Seeking Peer Reviews

Picture?width=64&height=64

Ioana Georgiana (Romania) published:

This Is My Belief

PROMPT: This I Believe

I believe in two things that are very near and dear to my heart: LGBTQIA+ rights and women's rights. Why those two? Well certainly not for the fact that I identify both as a feminist and a bisexual young woman. It goes beyond that.
I believe in these global issues because I think they are very relevant to our times and I cannot stress their importance enough. However, I will attempt to do so in the following lines.

Firstly, I...

Seeking Peer Reviews

Picture?width=64&height=64
1
1

Ioana Georgiana (Romania) published:

Phoenix

PROMPT: WILD

She is a rare beauty
Feathers like a peacock
Dripped in molten amber
Deafening is her squawk

You see her in your dreams
She has chosen you
For she does not appear
To anywho

Full of grace
She  takes to unfold
The wings which hide
A story to be told

Not only is she rare
Not only is she free
Captivity's a sin
And commonness akin

She is unrestrained
Of nothing to be afraid
Some call her untamed
I call...

Seeking Peer Reviews

Picture?width=64&height=64
1

Ioana Georgiana (Romania) published:

Tome To Life

PROMPT: Becoming Human

I hold you in my hand
Your body twitches beneath my touch.
I slowly flip your corner
You don't like that.
It makes you imperfect
I can envision you pouting at me.
Opening you up slowly
I feel you hum in contentment.
As I turn your pages one after the other
You are confused, stuck in a daze.
I stop, then try again
My pace is slower this time.
I swear I can hear you
Almost as if your purring...

Seeking Peer Reviews

Picture?width=64&height=64
Leader

Ioana Georgiana (Romania) earned a badge Leader

Billboard Confessions

The girl with dark bags under her eyes and sunken cheeks confesses to her parents. It seems that a troubled mind is what keeps her awake at night. How her crippling fear of not knowing what the next day may bring leaves her unable to lay her head on the pillow.

The guy who wrote a letter to his crush where he spills how he longed for her for the past two years. He ends up ripping it to shreds. Who reads letters these days? He’s sure that he would end up on the bottom of a disgusting trash can.

The loving mother that hides a tenebrous secret to spare her children.  Because they don't deserve...

I Remember

I Remember

I remember thinking of you. Still. Even though I told myself that I let you go a long time ago.  You haven't abandoned my life, yet. I am writing this because I know you will never read it nor comprehend how deeply I felt about you. In a few weeks from now, it will all be a distant memory.  I will hopefully leave this insipid little town I've unfortunately been linked to my entire existence. I will walk away to build a better future for myself. We do not see eye to eye; we never have. You've always...

Hypergraphia

Why do authors become authors? Have they been born with this craftsmanship?  No, they spent hours and hours, locked away in their own little worlds with only a pen and a notebook with lined paper. Paper, although it’s lined, you can cross the lines,  the possibilities are limitless. You can write grim descriptions of your own nightmares, with tall castles, dark roads, dead trees with empty trunks  and  hollow branches. Dialogues and monologues, meant to reveal   people’s tenebrous secrets only known by them and them alone.  Resort to poetry or lyrics if you need to unleash your locked feelings, your inner demons.
A question still lingers on my lips. Why do they choose writing as a way of expressing themselves in the first place? How does a writer’s brain work?  Does typing or writing trigger a chain reaction, releasing pleasurable morphine, hyping up their  thinking?   Are words scattered in their minds? Dialogues, scenarios, characters, events, actions.   How does their heart...

The Mirror

Every single morning, I washed my face and brush my teeth. This was a daily ritual, rarely missed. Although simple, it held some special meaning to me. After the final rinse, I would always stare at my reflection in the broken glass surface. There was a time when I didn't recognize myself. One-half of the mirror would be the way I perceived myself:  plain, hideous, lackluster. The other one was the polar opposite: confident, sure of herself, dazzling, in one word, beautiful. I never understood how I envied the better version of me when she did not actually exist. I had made her up in my head all...

Beyond Reason

Unexplained

I want to know.
Did I do you wrong?
Did I do you harm?
Blame me.

Another one of these questions,
Plagues my mind.
Why her?
And not me?

Is she better?
Prettier, skinnier, taller?
Or maybe you like her
For  reasons I may never discover.

I am trying to move on
Why won't my heart and soul let me?
Do know this.

I Survived

A mental disorder,
Is like the wind:
You cannot see it
But it's there.

I survived.

18 years of self doubt,
Anxiety, depression, body image issues
I went through it all,
The highs and the lows.

I survived.

Dark thoughts clouded,
My pretty little head
No one knew or understood
So I turned to music.

I survived.

To this day,
I still get called
An attention seeker
My feelings get invalidated.

I survived.

"They're not real"
They would say,
"How do you know what that's like?"
I replied.

I survived.

I'm on the road to recovery,
Slow but steady
For when I am ready,
To say

I survived.

This I Believe

This Is My Belief

Firstly, I think it was Chimamanda Ngozi Adichie who defined feminists in the most articulate and straight to the point way I have ever come across. The poetess stated, and I quote:
"Feminism can be described as the following: the social political, and economic equality of the sexes." Basically, being a feminist means that you can uplift other women without being put in a box, respectively, automatically being classed as a misandrist (a woman who despises the opposite gender) and still...

WILD

Phoenix

She is a rare beauty
Feathers like a peacock
Dripped in molten amber
Deafening is her squawk

You see her in your dreams
She has chosen you
For she does not appear
To anywho

Full of grace
She  takes to unfold
The wings which hide
A story to be told

Not only is she rare
Not only is she free
Captivity's a sin
And commonness akin

She is unrestrained
Of nothing to be afraid
Some call her untamed
I call her queen of those she flamed

Becoming Human

Tome To Life

I hold you in my hand
Your body twitches beneath my touch.
I slowly flip your corner
You don't like that.
It makes you imperfect
I can envision you pouting at me.
Opening you up slowly
I feel you hum in contentment.
You are confused, stuck in a daze.
I stop, then try again
My pace is slower this time.
I swear I can hear you
Almost as if your purring resonates in my ear.
How can something so normal
Be so intimate, almost profane?
The mere interaction
Between a reader and its favourite book.
I wonder what you must think of me.
A thief of your innocence.
You beg for more
But I flip to your last page
I put you to sleep, for now.

Unnamed

Enigma

The title of a Coldplay song. One of the various hues of the sun. Fields of wheat and sunflower. The colour most often associated with Joy. All of these have something in common. Happiness, freedom. I believe that if you could bottle up this colour, you could take it and cure the world with it. People would no longer experience feelings such as anger, fear and disappointment.  One colour can change everything, for the better.

Names, Names, Names

Names, Names, Names

A breakfast joint: Granny's
A new smartphone : SARA
An eyeglasses store: iWear
A dog pound: Doggie's Deluxe 
A highway: Hellbound Highway
An island resort: The Hideaway
A new constellation: Sidus Astra
A pet polar bear: Fram
A nail polish color: Golly Great Green
A new butterfly species: Whispis Allus

Signing Off

To My Anxiety

Dear Anxiety,
It has not been that long, has it? I have not had the time to write   any more letters to you so I stopped. Sorry about that. I want to make it up to you. Let me tell you what the year of 2016 meant to me.

As cliche as it may sound, 2016 was a year of reflection for me. In 2016 I had some of the best and some of the "not so good" moments in my life. Last year,  I fell in love for the first time. If any of the previous boys have been mere attractions pertaining to a gorgeous appearance, this one was the real deal. Sadly, it was unrequited way before I actually realized it. It took me a while to get over that person, but now everything is alright. I'm alright. At least that's what I tell myself. I'm not sure if it's a lie or the truth I'm trying...

Why I Write

The Importance of Writing

There are two things that my soul couldn't exist without : writing and music. I breathe writing and I bleed music.
I haven't had that much luck with the latter. Singing doesn't come easily to me. Maybe it's my stage fright that stands before me like a brick wall. Or maybe I'm afraid of having a moment to shine. So I just do what feels more at hand. 

But writing is more than leisure to me. It is freedom of expression, entering a world where judgment is invalid. Paper can't call you names. And the pencil is mightier than the sword. Words are my weapon of choice, in a sick world where you either kill or get killed.   Survival is nature's primordial rule.

Writing gives me a purpose.  This art form feels even more fulfilling when acknowledged by others. It's impossible for your heart not to sing when others tell you that your doing makes their soul vibrate. You...

1 Photo, 100 Words

Uncommon Dance

Black and blue. A clear contrast between the two. Pulsating light and shadow.

The crowd was gathered round the enormous tank at the museum. Apparently, word went around of this amazing exhibition, so people had to check it out. It was more of an  art piece than a jellyfish habitat, in fact.

Up and down, down and up went the luminescent creatures, their tangled, odd limbs, performing some sort of dance. Separately, the movements seemed a broken pattern, something amiss. But together, they became something complex, and beautiful.

That's what it was, life expressed through art, art expressed through nature.

10 Words

December in 10 words

1. Snow
2. Family
3.Holidays
4.Presents
5.Joy
6.Food
7.Gratitude
8.Warmth
9.Love
10.Comfort

Self and a Statistic

Behind The Screen Tragedy

The girl is all alone in her bedroom on a Friday night. She's contemplating every text she ever sent to him. Last one  said "i love you." He never read it. Her heart was broken. Still, she waits.

The boy is all alone too. He gawks at his phone screen as if it was a foreign object burning into the palm of his hand. He scans the words in front of him. So simple, yet so powerful. "i love you.". His deft fingers start typing a reply when suddenly, they freeze. Slowly he starts erasing every single word. He turns off his phone and moves on with his life. 

Still, she waits for words that got lost along the way.

The Peace of Wild Things

Solace

Solace
is sought
in the sea

A blue abyss
so calm and sweet
a place where you can feel complete

As you progress
you start to drown
the frown turns upside down

You are strong
you are built this way
someday you'll resurface but today is not the day

Joy to the World

Romanian's Pride and Joy

In Romanian, " a radia" is the equivalent of joy. It has no connection  whatsoever to the word "irradiate", though phonetically they sound awfully similar.
When Romanians say that someone "radiaza", they mean that they glow from within, glow which consequently transfers to their zealous state of being in that moment. That, to me is the Romanian way of defining one's joy.

On the Last Day of the World

Memories To Light

The starry sky is illuminated by paper lanterns
The souls of those I lost are finally free.

Writing Resolution

2016 in Writing

I have been writing since I was eleven years old. This year, I will turn 18. I have been doing it for quite some time. It all started with a teen novel I never finished. But that's all it took to ignite the writing spark inside of my creative soul. 

Since then, I've had other writing endeavours, such as a speech for a public speaking competition - I advise you not to sign up for something of this sort, if you struggle with social anxiety like I do.  Nevertheless, the speech was good, it was the presentation that lacked in appeal for the judges.

I've discovered a love  for free verse poetry, all by myself, and a love for non fiction writing, thanks to one of the most amazing teachers I've had the pleasure of knowing. While I find poetry a far  more personal approach to writing, I have decided to leave it on the side, at least for now....

Six-Word Memoir

How I Breathe

My lungs feed themselves with words.

Writing Resolution

2016 in Writing

My December

Why December?

I've always had a thing for winter. Some sort of odd fascination. Maybe it's the transition from dead and withered nature we experience in the autumn to the ruthless kiss of winter. A deep contrast between shades of gold and auburn and blinding, iridescent white. I've always thought of  winter as the teased little sister. The one that begged for approval from their older brother. She's misunderstood so  she puts a lid on her emotions. Until, one day, she cracks.

Or perhaps it's the deafening silence that sets in once winter arrives. Creatures seek shelter. Every day is a new shot at survival. Kill or be killed. That's the number one law in the unwritten code of nature. You either adapt to change or die trying to do so. But that's the animal law. A continuous cycle of life and death that people should not meddle with. It's not our battle to carry.

Out of all winter months, December is...

Ioana Georgiana's 1 Like

Turning Darkness into Light by RockSugar98

Published almost 2 years ago

9 Likes from Others

Music Is

Liked by 1 person

The Mirror

Liked by 1 person

Unexplained

Liked by 1 person

Phoenix

Liked by 1 person

Tome To Life

Liked by 1 person

Anger

Liked by 2 people

Halcyon

Liked by 1 person

Memories To Light

Liked by 2 people

Starry Night

Liked by 1 person

Pro reviewer

You've now submitted over five reviews!

Earned 11 months ago

Self editor

You've published multiple versions of the same piece

Earned almost 2 years ago

Leader

You're being followed by over five other writers!

Earned 11 months ago

Publisher

You've gone live!

Earned almost 2 years ago

Prolific

You really are prolific - you've published over ten pieces already.

Earned 11 months ago

Reviewer

You've reviewed!

Earned almost 2 years ago

Admirer inactive

Follow over twenty other writers to become an admirer!

Best seller inactive

Get over twenty favorites for one of your published pieces and you'll be a bestseller.

Competitor inactive

It's as easy as entering a competition to earn this badge.

Favoriter inactive

Get favoriting - read and favorite over ten pieces published by others to earn this badge.

Follower inactive

Follow over five other writers and you'll get a badge for your efforts.

Good neighbor inactive

Be a good neighbor - add a profile image and write a short biography.

Luminary inactive

Publish one hundred pieces and you'll be a luminary.

Master reviewer inactive

Write and publish over fifty reviews to become a Master Reviewer

Patron inactive

Become a patron of writers - follow over thirty of them.

Popular penman inactive

Get over ten favorites for your work to become a Popular Penner.

Power writer inactive

Keep going! Write over ten thousand words and you'll be a Power Writer.

Super star inactive

Get your writing career glittering with more than thirty followers.

Supporter inactive

Get supportive. Follow over ten other writers and get a badge too.

Top critic inactive

Submit over fifteen reviews and you'll be a top critic.

1 Following

RockSugar98 RockSugar98