A1932174759 10

@PRANAVI_079

Hey! Call me 'Pranavi'. I am an avid reader and belong to multiple fandoms.
Apart from reading, I like listening to music, which keep varying across genres.

Writ•er/ 'raiter
- noun
1. a peculiar organism capable of
transforming caffine into books.

Fantasy Writing Competition

Another 079

“You won’t survive for long. The Agency is gonna regret sending you”, the man grunted.

Iris rolled her eyes. Pointing the gun, which had a special narcotic, she spoke, “This isn’t my first time dealing with people like you”.

He asked, So, you've dealt with havoc-wreaking mutants before?  We could probably exchange numbers and meet up for tea”, sarcasm dripping to the floor.

“Well...they did give me some trouble". 

“None as good as me”, he snorted.

“Yes, none as good as you. There a certain Elizabeth who shrunk the Empire State Building to the size of a pea. Then came this person who could control the weather, Zeus, maybe? And ah! One time I met this guy Adr-” 

“Quit barking!”, the man yelled, shooting a spear of rock. Iris dodged but dropped the gun. 

Iris snickered, “I am keeping you awake because the Agency demands it. If not bound by rules, I...

Unplugged: Op-Ed Competition

[Dis]Connecting

The story of having connected with the self whilst disconnecting with the screen...

In the present world, everyone person tends to document everything they do, the cool stuff and the stuff to be proud of. To make it look even more better, we take pics, edit them out and then, without giving a dang to the world around, watch the likes rack up and comments flood in. 

And with this technology being a new introduction, there's always a research popping up in some corner of the world saying how strongly the social media can impact us. Everyday, someone or the other will walk upto any gadget-attached buddy and say, "You know, you are giving that thing that power to turn you into a miserable and anxious narcissist". And, in an age of overexposure, there's always an appeal to go offline, or atleast try to do the same. 

And, this is how the story goes... 

There...

Poetry and Spoken Word Competition 2019

ATARAXY

As I arrange my minds’ nebulae-&-planets,
I sedate all the angry asteroids and comets
The thoughts a moon with many phases,
The soul scouring each of the multiple mazes.

Few of the opinions leave me in the dark,
While in few I see a great glowing spark.
My mind’s very own Sun, I should say,
As more notions come to lead the way.

Rising with every breath is the atmosphere,
When shall I but draw the conclusion near?
With swirls-&-twirls, what’s far from clarity,
Is how my thoughts come back with gravity.

I think and therefore, shines the Red Giant,
Drifting farther away from the view pliant.
Like a meteor shower, they irradiate the orb,
A melody composed and strung on the chord.

I try harder to align my heart’s constellations,
Clear the star-dust in all my intentions.
Erasing off all the suspended cosmic dust,
So I need not have any more of the thrust.

Pressing my temporal, I glimpse...

Op-Ed Competition 2019

"Them" and "Us"

Around 72 years ago, in the year 1947, the world saw the birth of two sibling sovereign nations- the Dominion of India and the Dominion of Pakistan. And ever since then, the two countries found themselves knee-deep in a “psychological” rivalry against each other, which led to a series of three wars and one undeclared war.

It doesn’t come as a surprise that from there on, the two have been involved in numerous armed skirmishes and military standoff. In each and every war and skirmish, the two countries managed to put up a display of their own nuclear capabilities.

There’s no denying that nothing has been done to improve relationship between the countries; numerous attempts such as the Shimla Summit have taken place to do good. However, periodic terrorist attacks have impeded these efforts; the 2001 Parliament Attack almost brought the two to the brink of a nuclear war.

Following the 2019 Pulwama Attack, the Indian government, headed by Prime...

Book Review Competition 2019

All The Light We Cannot See

“The brain is locked in total darkness, of course, children. It floats in a clear liquid inside the skull, never in the light. And yet the world it constructs in the mind is full of light. It brims with colour and movement. So how, children, does the brain, which lives without a spark of light, build for us a world full of light?”  

Authored by Anthony Doerr, All The Light We Cannot See is a tale set in the occupied France during WW-II, about two children, Marie-Laure and Werner. They are just ordinary children, two of the many who find themselves knee-deep in a conflict that does not concern them.

Blind at the age of six, Marie-Laure, is brought up by her father, a locksmith working at the Museum of Natural History. Marie-Laure is taught on how to navigate around the city by her father, who does it by constructing a model of the city of...