charleegirl06

Book Review Competition 2019

ANALYZING UGLIES

Title: Uglies
Genre: Science Fiction/ Young Adult/ Fantasy/ and Dystopian
Author: Scott Westerfield

This book is about a young ugly, Tally, who is looked down upon by her society. She is cast into a category that she has no control over. She anxiously awaits the day when she becomes pretty, when she will have a purpose, her 16th birthday. However, weeks before her 16th birthday something happens that will change her forever...

There are four main characters in this book. Tally: the main character, who is a heroine that is very loyal and will risk her life for the people she loves. Shay: a wild girl who doesn’t care what others thinks of her and will sacrifice almost anything for her friends, which could be a blessing, or a curse. David: the son of the founders of the Smokies, an “ugly” and a man who will work for what he believes in. Finally, Dr. Cable: a doctor who has...

Book Review Competition 2019

ANALYZING UGLIES

Charlotte Gilreath
Title: Uglies
Author: Scott Westerfield
    This book is about a young ugly, Tally, who is looked down upon by her society. She is cast into a category that she has no control over. She anxiously awaits the day when she becomes pretty, when she will have a purpose, her 16th birthday. However, weeks before her 16th birthday something happens that will change her forever.

The day Tally met Shay was a day that changed both of their lives. Tally was thrust into a life of risk and danger but also actual happiness. Shay finally had someone to share all of the danger, risk, and happiness with. After Tally had a daring escape she met Shay, in a bush. The two vowed to stick with each other, always. Little did Tally know that this would be a promise that put lives in the line…

Tally’s society is segregated into 3 categories....

Book Review Competition 2019

ANALYZING UGLIES

Charlotte Gilreath
Title: Uglies
Author: Scott Westerfield

The day Tally met Shay was a day that changed both of their lives. Tally was thrust into a life of risk and danger but also actual happiness. Shay finally had someone to share all of the danger, happiness, and happiness with. After Tally had a daring escape she met Shay, in a bush. The two vowed to stick with each other, always. Little did Tally know that this would be a promise that put lives in the line…