buddingauthor

I love reading books and writing. I am 15 years old and obsessed with Agatha Christie, Sherlock Holmes (both books and series), Twilight and Divergent. Also, music is life!

Quarantine Birthday

The Corona virus is putting all of us through testing times, but it does have its perks. Corona virus has ensured that almost everyone will now be self- sufficient- they know how to cook, how to clean, how to sing, how to dance, how to paint, how to sketch, and what not.
But one thing that people usually hate doing alone are birthdays. Birthdays are supposed to be special, with everyone dressing up, meeting friends, going out, eating out, and giving presents. It is one day that is awaited by everyone. 
Some people were lucky enough to have their birthdays before the pandemic set in, but others, not so much. Now the birthday boys and girls sit at home baking their own cake, cutting it on their own, and devouring it all by themselves. 
But just like Corona virus could not stop us from eating good food and going for work, thanks to the internet, it did not stop us...

Untitled

Okay so I haven't been active lately for the past one week or so and its killing me. I want to write, but I am not able to, because as clichéd as a reason this is, its true- I have onlind classes. And in this time, almost all students do, but mine recently started on like 17th April or something and I haven't had the time to do anything else. Half of the day is occupied by online classes, and the other half in doing homework. Now, I dont have the slightest problem with that but the thing is that I want to do other things like read and write and I am not able to do that because I don't know how to manage my time properly. Now my tests are also coming up so thats great and I'll have even less time. I'll also miraculously have to find time for self study. I don't know the reason why...

The Wish of a Rose

As the sun rose, I was scared, for my plush red petals were in danger yet again. Everyday someone came and plucked one of us roses, unable to resist our beauty. Today was yet another day, but as the time passed, no one came. In fact, today, we were watered! Passer- by's did not once look at us and tried to pluck anyone of us. How?
Then I remembered- Earth Day! Today is the day when the humans decide to spare us plants and talk about pollution. I wish everyday was Earth day. It would feel amazing to live fearlessly. 

One Day

International Souvenirs Day- 2nd January

International Souvenirs Day will be held on 2nd January every year. I thought of this day because I recently found some of my old things from not long ago, but it opened another part of mind- my old home, my old friends, my old life. So much has changed and it is very fascinating to me. The feeling of recollecting my memories was the best feeling I've felt in a while and i never want it to stop.
So on this day, everyone has to go through their souvenirs- even if there is only one. It doesn't have to be anything special, or it doesn't have to be from a place you have traveled. It just has to be something meaningful, something that matters to you and something you can recollect from. It should open a whole new part of your brain that you unknowingly shut off or forgot about. 
This day is on the 2nd of January because a...

Five Line Fiction

Reunited

As she sat in the car, both excited and nervous for the journey, her dad held her hand and soothed her. This was a big step in both of their lives and it was everything she ever wanted.
They reached the allotted spot just in time, and saw a woman with long brown hair and hazel eyes look at them hopefully. Karla's eyes welled up and she suddenly wanted to run towards that woman who looked like her replica, but whom she knew nothing about because they were separated in a stampede five years ago and were not able to contact each other. "Zoe?" she asked, and as the woman nodded, Karla knew she had finally found her twin sister.

Poetry and Spoken Word Competition 2020

The New Reality

All alone in isolation,
Wearing a hazmat suit.
I wanted to go on a vacation,
But now I’ll look for a substitute.

“You tested positive miss”,
These words ringing in my ear.
I couldn’t fathom I had this,
It was my worst fear.

I sit inside, gasping for air,
As the fever seared my skin.
Medics running here and there,
Suddenly, the world began to spin. 

Why did I have to go out?
I never thought this could reach me.
Alas, this is my reality no doubt,
Now I feel like a detainee.

I have to encourage others to stay strong,
To stay inside and be secure.
But it seems wrong,
Because I myself am unsure.

Yet I have hope,
That I’ll be okay.
There is a lot of scope,
For this world to fight this outbreak away. 

I'm not going out for fresh air,
Instead, just admiring the view.
Sitting comfortably in a chair,
Enjoying some hot...

Writing Streak Week 4 Day 1

I am grateful for the fresh and cool breeze blowing, which reminds me to breathe.

50 FOLLOWERS!!!!!!!!

Woah! I have 50 followers now!? Wow! I cannot believe it, honestly. I am so thankful and grateful to each and every person who follows me. Thank you for your support and encouragement. I am out of words to thank all of you, so I'll just stop. Here are the lovely, amazing, and very talented writer who support me-

1. Fernweh
  2. rosemarywisdom
  3. Ryder
  4. Quille
  5. Legendary Grapes
  6. Rose_Gardener
  7. ~Kate T
  8. clos
  9. lonely_wolf18
  10. bride124
  11. BrokenSmile
  12. weeping_witch
  13. ajamwal
  14. Samina
  15. Writers of the World
  16. Maryam Q
  17. caityege
  18. symphonyrain0812
  19. TheOriginalEliza™
  20. Charisse Marison
  21. amohn04
  22. Aspiring Author
  23. astrorbit__04
  24. fooshissecretlyacat_
  25. Indexianna
  26. New York_dreamer
  27. Hungry Hipster
  28. 19691
  29. SherlockRlz
  30. The Idiotic Philosopher
  31. Aurelia.Valus
  32. Carolyn Kreider
  33. SunV
  34. Julia ♬
  35. Genesis Hernandez Banda
  36. inkyscribbles
  37. ajbcreations
  38. Aaliyah
  39. ElsaRee
  40. CrazyNinjaKid
  41. mia_:)
  42. mason wong
  43. Eleanor M
  44. Hailie Ogden
  45. Raquel
  46. Anya Cherepanova
  47. Quarkoala
  48. Pavithra C.P
  49. sherry171
  50. lindsmariebuck

And my 51st supporter-
Ash Hayden
Thank you to each and every one of you!

I Cannot be Fearless- Writing Streak Week 3 Day 1

Fears give me something to conquer.

FREE REVIEWS!!!!- NO MORE SPOTS LEFT!

Hello everyone! Okay so I am enjoying the quarantine life but I do not want to rot my eyes just by watching Netflix. And to me, writing is very productive. So, I do write almost everyday now but I want to review some pieces. I am not at all a master reviewer or anything, but I want to write more so that I can learn to give constructive feedback.
So please comment down below some pieces you want me to review. And please have some mercy on me, so NO MORE THAN THREE PIECES PER PERSON.
And in total I would review the pieces for the first 20 people who comment because I am just starting out. I'll try and review them as soon as possible but bear with me if I am late. Also, if you like, please review some of my latest pieces, specially 'A New Experience'. Thank you! Go comment!

*Maybe if I am good...

A New Experience- PLEASE REVIEW!

All alone in isolation,
Wearing a hazmat suit.
I wanted to go on a vacation,
But now I’ll have to look for a substitute.

“You tested positive miss”,
These words ringing in my ear.
I couldn’t fathom I had this,
It was my worst fear.

To stay inside and be secure.
But it seems wrong,
Because I myself am unsure.

Yet I have hope,
That I’ll be okay.
There is a lot of scope,

Corona virus has taken the world by storm,          
Everyone is scared.
But all we have to do is follow the norms,
And always be prepared.

Writing Streak Week 2 Day 5

Through my balcony 
I gaze at the same old view
But every single time
I see something new.

Today, the sun shines brightly
No birds in sight
Everyone is staying inside
Because they have this mighty virus to fight.

I sit inside in my chair
Waiting for that day
Where everyone can go everywhere
And nothing stands in their way.

I still have hope 
That we will be okay
Once this virus is eradicated
I'll be the first to shout hurray!

Writing Streak Week 2 Day 1

Yesterday, the whole of India lit earthen lamps, candles, the flashlights of their phone- whatever was available. We switched off all the lights of our house and sat in our balconies or near the windows with those lamps and candles, at nine pm for nine minutes. This was done to celebrate the solidarity of living at home and appreciating our families. At night, me and my family did the same and sat in our balcony.

The night sky was illuminated- the ground was twinkling and the flames of the earthen lamps and candles burnt with vigor. It was almost as if the stars had come on the earth. The view was breathtaking and while I was sitting there, I realized how united we felt as a nation despite staying separated inside our homes. From my balcony I could see the flickering flames determined to light up the night sky and something inside me too ignited like a flame. And then...

Writing Streak Week 2 Day 4

Today, as the sun came up, the nature wasn't the first thing I noticed- not the melodious chirping of the birds or the lush greenery. What I noticed was the architecture in front of me- the buildings, both small and tall- the balconies of other people who are quarantining. These buildings always seemed to amaze me, and I wonder why I never wrote about them before. They beautify my view and make it more....real. They make me realize that I'm not the only one sitting at home and being unproductive, there are others as well. And I feel its important we realize that- we should realize that we are not alone, even if we live separately and can't meet anyone. We are not alone. 

At night, the stars do light up the sky, but the lights from these buildings, roads, and bridges too contribute. They make the view from my balcony even more lively, even when I'm not feeling the...

Staying Inside- Writing Streak Week 2 Day 3

As the beaming rays of the sun hit the ground today, I could feel something was different. Through my balcony, I saw the sky lit up but the blazing sun, as the trees and the plants basked in its glory. The weather was warmer and it felt that summer had officially begun. 

The wilderness was at its best yet again, as the birds flew around fearlessly and chirped all day long. I felt quite happy and relaxed to know that in a few days time, the lock down would be over, and if not much, I could go for a stroll in the park. But little did I know that today would be the day when the lock down would be extended till 30th April in some parts of India, including where I live. The news did affect my mood, but somewhere deep down, I always knew that would happen.

So, I turned towards my only companion in this time...

Writing Streak Week 2 Day 2

Usually, as soon as the first ray of sunshine hits the ground, the citizens of this diverse nation are up and running- laughter erupts, kids protest against the system of education- same old. But these days, as I have noticed from my trusty balcony, the streets are empty, the protests have died down, and the sound of laughter, if any, does not reach my ears. The silence is deafening, but peaceful at the same time. 

Although mankind's way of living has been impacted quite a bit, nature isn't the least bit afraid or bothered. The trees stay the same- sturdy and grounded, ready to provide us their shade. The birds still chirp, and are now heard and paid attention to, since no humans are outside to make noise. The weather is more pleasant, and the skies are clear, the night sky is lit up by the twinkling stars- all this because us humans aren't there to disrupt the balance of...

Has anything changed? #inQuarantine(3)

This time last year, I was very happy. My final examinations of ninth grade had just gotten over and my friends came to my house and we enjoyed a lot. I went out, went to birthday parties, read books, and basically had a lot of fun. I also looked forward to tenth grade and giving board examinations. It was going to be a whole new experience for me and I was extremely excited. It was also going to be the last year of me and my friends together in one class, because we were choosing different subjects, and our classes would not be the same.

This year, a new decade, everyone was excited, until of course, the Corona virus came along. I was really excited to give my boards and fortunately I was able to finish them just in time, because after my exams, the situation became worse and all schools were shut down and some students were not able...

A New Journey

Emma was on time for her morning run today. Music was blasting in her earphones and she did not have a care in the world. She came out of her flat, locked the door, and jogged towards the elevator, because she'd hurt her foot the other day and couldn't take the stairs.

Emma was in a good mood today, and the upbeat music added to her joy. She was waiting for the elevator and decided to dance like no one was watching.What she did not realize was, that some one was, in fact watching. And this information was interpreted by her when someone tapped her on her shoulder and said, "Excuse me, do you have to go down?" Emma turned around flustered and beet red, as she saw the man whom she'd had a crush on for ages. Great. There goes the good mood down the drain. "Uh, yeah. Sorry." "Wow, um, those were some amazing moves there Emma." said...

Pocket Poem

Pocket Poem

Dust of Snow by Robert Frost

The way a crow
Shook down on me
The dust of snow
From a hemlock tree

Has given my heart 
A change of mood
And has saved some part
Of a day I had rued.

I read this poem in school as part of my syllabus, but it really stood out to me. This poem made me realize how moving on is extremely important in life and how being stuck up does not help. The poet has shown how a simple incident has made him aware and saved the rest of his day. It made him and the reader realize how things could be worse, and especially during a time like this, when we are in the midst of an epidemic, this poem really woke me up. Instead of focusing in the negative aspects of life, we should learn from them and move on and focus on the positive aspects. Dust of Snow has...

#communitychallenge

So, everyone here is thanking the three wtw writers that have helped them, or supported them in any way, and these are mine-
1. Fernweh- She is one of the most amazing friends one could ask for and she is also the one who introduced me to this website and supported me and my passion. She encouraged me to write and gave me a platform to showcase my thoughts and feelings. Her style of writing is admirable and I absolutely love her pieces. I am glad to have such a wonderful friend in real life! 

2. FoxLilly106-  She is one of the most supportive and talented writers on here. She comments on almost all of my pieces and her feedback really helps me grow. Thank you so much for being so friendly and relatable!

3. Tushar Mandhan- Another amazing writer who has supported me so much! I feel so happy whenever I see his comments on my...

A Memorable Day #Samina50

Dear diary,
Today was one of the most memorable days of my life! It was my first day of giving the board exam! I was so nervous, but mostly excited. Us students had been told to prepare for our board exams since the ninth grade. And now, its finally here! All the parties and get- togethers I missed, all the junk food I resisted so I don't get sick- all that for this very day. 

Me and my parents reached the venue on time. They seemed more nervous than me, but they put on their brave smiles and encouraged me to go on. Outside the gate of our venue, my friends started to arrive and it felt so good meeting them after almost a month. I was scared they were going to discuss tricky questions, but we just chatted and shared our nervousness and excitement. I was mostly very excited because I felt prepared for my English exam. After about...

Writing Streak Week 1 Day 1

Deserted Streets 

India is known for its diversity and bustling population, but during these times, even the busiest streets appear empty as the citizens sit at home and catch up on Netflix shows, reading, and so on. Even going to the nearest markets to buy essentials has become a threat, but the people and government's combined efforts would surely lead them to success!

RELAX. #NinjasContest_3_short story

I'm here. Deep breaths. My heart is racing and my blood is pumping so fast that my veins may explode! The audience is expecting something from me. What if I can't give them what they expect!? What if I make a total fool of myself right now!? Oh dear God, help me. Okay, I need to get over this fear of mine.
Okay, I am speaking, that's a good start. Okay, now start playing. Great, the first note is played, and the second. There you go! This isn't so bad, is it? Let your fingers go! You know how to play the piano, you've been doing that for five years! 
Good, the song is coming to an end. Great. There, the audience is clapping. Wait, the audience is CLAPPING!? They liked it? They liked it. Oh thank God! Okay, don't cry. Go! Get off the stage.
Okay, all better.

The Tables have Turned

During this period of time, I have avoided writing about this particular issue. Not because I am scared, or unaware. I just wanted a break, to be honest. So I tried writing about other things, but I couldn't because I was consumed by guilt. I knew I wanted to write about this issue. I just could not muster up the courage to do so. I am going to write about the Corona virus. Finally.

This virus started back in December 2019 and no one thought it would go this far. Roads are deserted and empty all over the world and everyone is adopting the 'Namaste' instead of a handshake now. We never ever thought that we would live in the midst of a pandemic. Everyone thought that we had technology and that the human race was so advanced that nothing could reach us now. But it did. Nature showcased what it is capable of. 

Until recently, some people still thought...

I AM BACK!!!!

I AM BACK!!!!! It feels so good to type away on this keyboard of mine. Its been so long! And I have so many things and ideas to write about that are not even relevant now. Regardless, I am going to write away because I have not written properly for a year because I had my board examinations. Speaking of which, my boards went extremely well and I am happy that they are over, but I did enjoy giving them. I feel very bad about the children who's exams have been postponed due to the corona virus, and I hope they are able to give their exams soon. Corona virus is something that is being talked about in every part of the world and I would like to write about it as well, but not in this piece.
I am extremely sorry that this rant is all over the place. Its just that I am so excited that I am...

Bouncing back.....soon

So I have been missing from this site for quite a while and I do not like that. I would love to amend that mistake but that will take me another two months. I love writing and reading and sometimes I find myself distracted from my studies because of them. So I have taken a small break for now just to focus on my board examinations from February to March. I have soooo many ideas planned and that keep coming to me and I have to resist the urge to open my laptop and just type away. I usually always proof read my writings and re-read them almost 2 to 3 times but this piece is unedited and Im just pouring out all the feelings that I am feeling right now. Not as if someone is eagerly waiting just for my writings out there, but I'm sorry I was gone for so long. I miss this site. All the people...

#festivites RESULTS!!!!

Finally!! They're here!!! The results are here!! So I know I took my time but honestly, first, I have my exams and second, you all are such good writers!!! I had such a hard time selecting the winners! A big thank you to all those who participated. I'm so grateful! And I'm also sorry for using so many exclamation points, I'm just sooo excited!! Okay so on with the results...
1st Place
Charisse Marison- 3 Marshmallows #festivities
Oh My God! This was such a brilliant and heartwarming piece! Greattt job! I absolutely love the way you showcase the character as a child and then come back to the present. It shows how a person grows up and distances them from traditions. Its beautiful. Thank you for participating!!
2nd Place
MimiChoudhury- Two Strangers #festivities
This piece was absolutely magical and stole my breath. I love reading short stories like this. It was sweet and simple but really heartwarming. Thank you...

#festivities SUBMISSIONS CLOSED!!! THANK YOU!!!

Submissions for my contest #festivities are officially closed!! Thank you to all of you who participated or at least tried to write something even if you were not able to enter. I honestly did not expect more than two to three entries but I got ELEVEN entries! Excuse me!? ELEVEN ENTRIES!? I'm sorry I can't contain myself I'm so happy!! Again a very big thank you to everyone who took part and encouraged me to do this contest, I'm very grateful to all of you. These are the lovely angels that participated in my contest- (Please excuse the links I'm a disgrace to our tech savvy generation and know next to nothing about computers)
1. caityege- https://writetheworld.com/groups/1/shared/131201/version/251979
2. MimiChoudhary- https://writetheworld.com/groups/1/shared/108277/version/252129
3. symphonyrain0812- https://writetheworld.com/groups/1/shared/131301/version/252185
4. FoxLilly106- https://writetheworld.com/groups/1/shared/131313/version/252222
5. DaBolo - https://writetheworld.com/groups/1/shared/133483/version/256981
6. Ananyaa- https://writetheworld.com/groups/1/shared/111540/version/257928
7. Aurelia.Valus- https://writetheworld.com/groups/1/shared/134043/version/257933
8. BurningMidnightOil- https://writetheworld.com/groups/1/shared/134471/version/258887
9. Samina- https://writetheworld.com/groups/1/shared/134654/version/259671
10.Charisse Marison- https://writetheworld.com/groups/1/shared/131315/version/252230
11.Aspiring Author- https://writetheworld.com/groups/1/shared/132090/version/253681   
Again a HUGE HUGE HUGE thank you to everyone for...

My wish came true!! Happy Halloween!!

So a few minutes ago, I wrote a piece called Happy Halloween ( go and read if youre interested- https://writetheworld.com/groups/1/shared/135243/version/260392). But the point is that in this piece, I wrote how me and my childhood friends celebrated Halloween once and how I wish I could do that again.
My wish actually came true!! A while after publishing that piece, I went to the market and then came a call from my mom who called me and my sister immediately to the house and upon asking why, she told us that the two little children of our neighbors who live above us, have come to our house for trick or treat!! I got so excited that I ran to my house and there they were, looking soo cute wearing a ghost mask and devil's horns. It immediately made my day!! They were there looking adorable and shouted "Trick or treat!!!" And my heart melted. It was a small gesture but it honestly...

Happy Halloween!!!!

Happy Halloween everyone!!!! So, I live in India and I havent seen the tradition of celebrating Halloween very elaborately here, but I do know that it is a big festival or occasion in many foreign countries and since I wished Happy Diwali (which is a big festival in India) to everyone here, I figured I should wish everyone a very Happy Halloween too!! 
I shifted from my old house two years ago and I had to part from my childhood friends but I remember our precious moments together and one of them is celebrating Halloween. We actually tried to celebrate Halloween by telling all of the parents of the children in our group to keep candies in their house and all the children will go to each parents' house. It was so much fun! I remember us dressing up like witches and scary ghosts and we all had a good laugh. I wore my favourite extravagant black gown with crystals...

MY FIRST EVER CONTEST!!! #festivities LAST DAYYY!!!!

So this is my first ever contest and I am very excited. I live in India and its festival season here right now- Durga Puja, Navratri, Dusshera, Diwali, and so many more to come! Also, Halloween and Christmas are coming up, so I thought what better prompt than festivals. So here goes...
PROMPT- Write about any festival you like or you have a special connection to. Anything you like about it, an incident that is close to your heart, anything. It could be a fictional character or a personal experience. It could be a story, a poem, anything, I don't mind. The festival doesn't have to be upcoming, it could be any festival, even if it has recently passed by.
WORD LIMIT- 100 to 1500 words
YOUR PIECE SHOULD NOT CONTAIN CURSE WORDS OR ANY SEXUAL CONTENT. 
GENRE- Your piece could be comical, emotional, dramatic, any genre you like. But please try and avoid horror. 
If you want to...

HAPPY DIWALI!!!

Happy Diwali to all fellow WtW writers! For those of you who don't know, Diwali or Deepawali is a festival of lights, celebrated all over India. It gives out the message of good over evil and that evil never wins. Its celebrated by lighting diyas and candles, putting up festive lights outside our houses and bursting crackers, although the last one is now prohibited since it causes a lot of pollution and I fully support this decision. I was never much into bursting crackers anyway. Apart from that, we also wear new clothes, pray to God and thank him and eat lots of goodies and an amazing dinner of puri and sabzi. Hopefully you all get the gist of what Diwali is and how fun it is, so wishing all of you a very Happy and prosperous Diwali!!

THANKING ALL 25 OF YOU!!!!

Okay so I just want to thank everyone who is following me. Thabk you so much for 25 followers! I know its not that big a target and its not about the number of people following you, but I am so happy that some people out there like my work and enjoy what I write. You all write here and know how difficult it is- getting ideas, expressing every feeling and opinion, facing criticism and so many things. So I'm glad that these 25 people chose to follow me and encouraged me to write on. Thank you all once again!! These are the authors who are following me and to whom I'm so grateful for-
OceansEyes
rosemarywisdom
Ryder
Quille
Legendary Grapes
Rose_Gardener
~Kate T
clos
lonely_wolf18
mason wong
bride124
BrokenSmile
weeping_witch
ajamwal
Samina
Writers of the World
Maryam Q
caityege
symphonyrain0812
TheOriginalEliza™
Charisse Marison
amohn04
Aspiring Author
astrorbit
fooshissecretlyacat_
Thank you all so much once again!

A Rose to Remember #tellastory

Being the new kid sucked- no one knew this better than myself, Katherine Summers, the 'new girl' at my college. I was a very introverted girl as it is and this pressure of making new friends and socializing was too much for me. 
I entered the classroom and suddenly, the room fell silent, and all eyes were on me. I froze and would've fainted if they had not resumed doing whatever it is they were doing, except one boy who was still staring at me. I silently went to my seat which was unfortunately, right next to him. I tried to avoid making eye contact but I felt his eyes piercing through me like a dagger throughout the day. When the day was finally over and the last bell rang, I took a breath of relief and started packing my bag. The boy was sitting still and kept staring at me, which made me so nervous that my books slipped...

Answers to 39 important questions by K.Marie Christen

What do you want to be called?
ANS- On here, buddingauthor and in real life, Samiksha.
Where are you from?
ANS- I'm from India.
What's your favorite color?
ANS- Navy blue (but I'm open to all shades of blue...)
Who's your favorite book character?
ANS- Lucy, Tris Prior, Bella Swan, Sherlock Holmes, Katniss Everdeen and Hercule Poirot.
Who is/are your favorite author(s)?
ANS- Agatha Christie, Arthur Conan Doyle, Stephanie Meyer, Suzanne Collins, Sudha Murty, Rick Riordan and Ruskin Bond.
What do you mainly like to write?
ANS- Articles and poems (though I'll try writing more stories)
Why do you write?
ANS- It helps me express my feelings, directly or indirectly and no one ever judges me. It also helps me de-stress.
What element do you feel the strongest in you?
ANS- Water or Fire
What is one piece on Write the World that you think deserves a shout-out?
ANS- There are so many of them! But the latest ones I...

#this_is_my_world

My world is my school. I am in a phase of my life where I have good friends, good family and a good mood (usually). I'm a tenth grader and me and my friends will separate next year due to different streams so I want to make judicious use of this time with them. I look forward to going to school everyday and I've started to hate holidays. I enjoy it so much- the learning, my friends, and I've also become more social lately. I still hesitate to talk to new people but I've become much more outgoing and have started sharing more after being with these friends of mine. Our teachers also know us by names and have become our friends. They do maintain a formal setting but we all do have fun every once in a while. I never used to hate school, maybe when I was younger and had no friends, but otherwise alright. But now it...

My definition of Hatred #ThingsIHate

I am very grateful for everything and everyone I have in my life. But we all need to vent all our feelings once in while and let it all out. After all, complaining is extremely enjoyable.

1. BRAGGING- I hate it when people brag! I know its not very specific and no one likes braggarts but I absolutely detest them and cannot stand them. Whenever someone starts talking about what brands they are wearing, what restaurant they went to eat in, what perfume they applied, where they got their earrings, I immediately walk out of the conversation. Their tone is what I hate the most! The 'diva' tone- "Oh my God thankyouuu! I got this from Gucci last month...."- I absolutely HATE IT!
  2. BAD SINGING- I cannot emphasize the times I wished I could just shut the mouth of a person so tightly closed that they couldn't speak again! I love listening to music, its my happy place. And it is the last thing...

Six-Word Story

LIFE

I was bored, then life happened.

My definition of Hatred #ThingsIHate

Distraction #sweetlybitter

Chatter of a new song on twitter,
It amazes people like a small girl with glitter.
Concerts all over towns while children play with their babysitter,
I feel, music is sweetly bitter.

No matter how hard I resist,
I always get distracted and forget that studying exists.
Listening to music always clears the mist,
But singing during exam problem still persists.

Learning lyrics is my only pass time,
Singing without a voice like a mime.
Music is beautiful poetry that rhymes,
But listening to it, now seems like a crime.

Nostalgia

Gone are those good old days,
Living life in our carefree ways,
Dancing whenever a song plays,
No matter what anyone says.

Playing with friends day and night,
Doing what we think is right,
Daring to jump from any height,
No inhibitions in sight.

Innocence filled in those little eyes,
Too adorable to obey what the parents advise,
Not worried about life’s lows and highs,
All ready to touch the skies.

Too many beautiful memories to collect,
Life back then was almost perfect,
Excessive photo albums to protect,
Tears falling down in retrospect.

Bread and Light

My Survival Kit

Frankly speaking, I don't really know if I got the meaning of this prompt right. But if it means the things I need for my survival, well here they are-
1. Family and Friends- Cliche but true.
2. Pizza- Without this there is no purpose of life.
3. Books- Who will give me company every second of my day?
4.Notepad and a pen- I need to write down poems and stories which wouldn't be possible without these.
5. Phone/Laptop- I am not addicted to any of these but if you want to stay updated with the world and not feel like you live under a rock, you need one of these things.

Bookshelf

Crucial Parts of My Bookshelf

So this year, my target is to read at least fifteen books, out of which I have finished only six and am trying to read two books at the same time- one borrowed from a friend, the other from a library. I did read ten amazing books last year but I would like to suggest three books I read this year. [WARNING- These suggestions are super dramatic but I promise, they are true.]

1.Title- The Rosie Project
   Author- Graeme Simsion
   Genre- Fiction, Romance
   Synopsis- This is a book which is kind of a love story, but not. I mean the main character Don, a geneticist has embarked       on a journey to find the perfect wife and has made a questionnaire called The Wife Project on the same. Then, he meets     Rosie, a girl who is opposite of all the traits he wants in a girl, and who is trying...

#ListenFirst

LISTEN

Someone has rightly said that "God has given us two ears and one mouth, so listen more and talk less." I too stand by this statement. Listening to someone is both a privilege and a duty of the listener. He or she is extremely lucky to be regarded so trustworthy by a person, so much that they are sharing their thoughts with them. And it is a duty because if the person has trusted us with some knowledge, we should respect it and listen to it with our full attention. 

Generous listening for me is not just listening so that the other person stops and you can keep you point. Generous listening to me is when people actually try to understand what I am saying, respect the trust of me confiding my thoughts in them, and most important, listen with a neutral perspective, not biased. Whenever I am trusting someone with my secrets, the last thing I want is for...

History Alive

The British Era

There was once a time of suffering,
British looting, plundering and governing,
Indians treated like slaves, it was smothering.

Then came in our saviour,
Khadi was the only cloth he could wear,
Helped South Africa fight off their fear,

Mahatama Gandhi was his name,
Not one to be overwhelmed with fame,
Unity was his only aim.

No unity all we saw was factions,
No one really had any plan of action,
Took away all our textiles and attractions.

Their anthem was divide and rule,
We used ahinsa to show them we are no fools,
They will have to pay for taking away our precious jewel.

Finally we were free,
After two hundred years of being ruled without a decree,
26th January is our day of victory!

Non-existent

Growing up, school was never a place for which I was excited. I never cried or cribbed about school, I just didn't like it that much. But it all changed in seventh grade. In nursery and kindergarten I used to get along really well with other kids but the first grade came and my social life became non existent. I was and still am a studious, chubby and introverted girl with specs. I love to read and since I had no friends, I devoted most of my time studying. A lot of children used to bully me, others made friends with me just so they could use me. I would come home unhappy and cry almost everyday. My life wasn't horrible. My parents and my sister supported me and we all had a lot of fun time together but it was school I struggled with.
I was shuffled in first grade which is by far the worst class I have...

Holi- The festival of colours

The festival of colours is approaching nearer, 
Everything clean like a spick and span mirror,
Rangoli designing competitions ready to announce their winner,
Excitement eating me up like in a thriller.

Happiness bubbling up inside,
Guests start arriving from worldwide, 
Vendors selling colours filled with pride,
Preparation of hot gujjiyas goes on side by side.

Water balloons thrown from high buildings,
Kids playing pranks on younger siblings,
So much water feels like swimming,
But then we remember this is just the beginning.

Clothes and shoes all a mess,
All go home and bathe to remove the excess,
The water is a colour no one can guess,
Nonetheless, we all put on our fancy dress.

Feeling all fresh again after cleaning,
People assemble yet again with their smiles beaming,
Everyone is excited for eating,
Steaming hot puri, halwa and gujjiya is what everyone is dreaming.

At the day end all enjoy and have a blast,
No one seems downcast,
All inhibitions...

Unpredictable

I recently watched another new Bollywood movie and it was a decision I did not regret. I am not a movie critic and don't know anything about the direction, cinematography and all those other fancy terms. I just know that I liked the movie and I wanted to share it with others just in case they wanted to watch it. The name of the movie is Badla and actor Amitabh Bachchan and the incredible Tapsee Pannu.
This movie is perfect if anyone is looking for a good thriller, crime and suspense. Being an Agatha Christie fan I love crime and thriller and this movie kept me on the edge of my seat the whole time. The critics obviously took a lot of important things into consideration and gave it a solid four stars out of five. The ending is quite predictable but the manner in which the crime is solved and done is remarkable. At every moment I was trying to guess the...

Self-Respect

The 'Me' List

1. Be confident. Speak for yourself and stop thinking about what others will think of you. Put your opinion forward and know that it does matter.
  2. Be happy. Start being happy for yourself and not for others. If someone likes something, doesn't mean you should. It's your choice.
  3. Dance. Stop being shy and dance your heart out when you have the chance. Dance, sing and live!
  4. Read. Read that book that you have been meaning to read for all this time. Don't wait for a holiday or free time. Utilise the time now and just read the book.
  5. Exercise. You know your body needs that exercise to keep you happy, healthy and fit. Just wake up and go for it. Over thinking and laziness will just make it worse and impossible for you to do it. 
These are somethings that if I do always I feel myself, I feel happy and I feel on top of the world!

Op-Ed Competition 2019

I Too Have a Dream

So I have written about this in the Strike prompt as well, but briefly. I would like to give the whole country education. It is one of my wishes that all the citizens of my country, be it a billionaire, or a farmer, to be educated. I go to school and I know how important it is to get an education. Education has helped me realise what my dream is and has given me a platform to achieve it. There is a slum area near to where I live and I see how hard working the people who live there are. But as soon as someone talks about education or school, most of them have not attended it or are not interested. Some children who want to study and be something are restricted from going to school because their parents think that it is a waste of time and they are better off helping their parents. While some children are given a...

Holi- The festival of colours

Happiness bubbling up inside,
Guests start arriving from worldwide, 

So much water feels like swimming,
But then we remember this is just the beggining

Am I sure?

I need some clothes to keep me warm,
But so many options to choose from,
I would rather wear a uniform,
Utter confusion sweeps my mind like a snowstorm.

Going to a restaurant for a treat,
So many delicacies that I may overeat,
No idea what I want to eat,
Without indecisiveness, my day is incomplete.

Will I be able to score?
Or will I cry on the bathroom floor?
Maybe my eyes will be sore,
Or maybe I'll buy the whole candy store.

Tiny decisions to ensure,
This or that is always a blur,
I wonder if there is a cure,
Am I ever sure?

The Patriot In Me

Recently, 13 days ago precisely, India was bombed by some terrorists in Pulwama district of Kashmir. This attack came to be known as the Pulwama attack. About 40 Indian soldier's lives were sacrificed and many were injured. There were strikes all over the country, but we could not do anything except mourn and pray for their families. This attack was truly a tragedy and was a reminder for us all about the danger the army goes through for us, risking their lives.

Yesterday, my mom came home from work and immediately switched on the television and the Pulwama attack was all over the news. I asked her what happened and she told me that India had successfully completed an air strike on the terrorist camps. My interest in the Army, Navy and the Air Force has already increased due to the various movies I have watched and it helped me learn how to respect the Jawaans (soldiers). We sat in front of the television for...

Book Review Competition 2019

My Must Read!

My must read book is They Do It With Mirrors by Agatha Christie. Whenever we speak about the Queen Of Crime, we always think of Murder on the Orient Express or Death on the Nile, but I would like to add another, They Do It With Mirrors.
This book changed my perspective on things and the way I usually saw things. It was so captivating and I could imagine the scenes, the places, even if I hadn't visited them, as if I was there. The characters that have been depicted here, seem so realistic and do not feel like a part of a fiction novel, but a part of my life. The story builds up slowly, but once you reach the crime scene, you are on the edge of your seat and it is extremely hard to put the book down.
The reason why this book stood out to me is because of how realistic people or the characters are....

Library Magic

A Magical World

Libraries are the epitome of wisdom, thoughts and opinions. It has given all that have entered it, a brand new experience and enlightenment.
Personally, library was, and still is a favourite period and I never miss it. It was the place where I developed my taste of reading and writing. The fresh of old and new pages the moment I enter a library is a scent I will never forget. I was a lonely child in my earlier classes and didn't really have a lot of friends, so library was a place where I could be me, not talk to anyone, and no one would judge me as a nerdy, lonely girl. Library holds a special place in my heart because this was the place that I never got bored of and that helped me through the years when I had no friends. This was the place which led me to my passion- writing and introduced me to a world I never dreamed of- The World of Readers and Writers. It made...

Small Yet Beautiful

Okay, so this might sound weird to a lot of people and it frankly, has no point. This idea just came out of the blue. I hope it's worth reading.

Recently I have started noticing small details of everything. A few days ago, me and my dad set up a small bonfire in our balcony since we live on the sixteenth floor, we didn't have any other place. After loads of effort, we finally started the fire and then I noticed the black charcoal, burning and giving out heat. It was so beautiful- the black charcoal slowly turning a bright orange and then, when the fire died, a light grey. It was also the night and I could see the colours so beautifully. I wonder how this small black substance gives us so much- warmth, diamonds, fuel, and more! It's astonishing! It reminded me of a volcano erupting. The orange lava gracefully flowing onto the greenish-brown volcano and for a minute, made me...

Dreams Change

People grow and change.
All I wanted was to become an astronaut,
But now, that seems strange.

Now I understand the complications.
Developing tastes and interests,
But everyone judges your actions.

No time left for fun.
So many scattered interests,
But my dream should be chosen.

The pressure is kicking in.
One career for the rest of my life,
Where should I begin?

My thoughts are now rearranged.
So I think it's safe to say,
My dreams have changed.

Republic Day

So, today is India's Republic Day. This was the day our Constitution came into effect after independence.
We often forget the people because of whom we sleep soundly at our homes. our problems seem so small as compared to theirs. They are the real heroes- the Soldiers of our country. The Army, the Navy, and the Air Force, all our defence forcesare the real heroes and the people responsible for saving our lives.

Yesterday, me and my family went for a movie called Uri- The Surgical Strike. After seeing that movie I realised how selfish and self centered I am. I only want to protect myself and my family but those soldiers leave their families for years, do not even talk to them through phones for days sometimes, and ready to give up their lives for their country and its people.

They save our country from war and fights everyday and whenever they win a war, they are extremely happy,...

Strike

My Revolution

If I were to leave school and protest against an issue, that issue would definitely be to stop poverty. Ever since I was very young I've heard that there are a lot of people below poverty line, etc. But other than giving them some food and clothes, I have never heard any solution from anyone. I would protest for their education- even adults. I will not give them shelter, or clothes or anything I would like to give them education and see what they will do with their knowledge. How they themselves will improve the conditions they live in. 

Music- The Lifesaver

“Without music, life would be a mistake” is a quote rightly said by Friedrich Nietzsche. Indeed, what would life be without music?

I am not a musician and do not know a lot about it too but whatever I do know, intrigues me more than anything. I even used to learn music when I was in 6th grade. It has been three years and I have not touched my piano. I feel very bad that I stopped playing and singing. I even tried again, but the cliched excuses, I cannot find time because of exams.

Music is magical and beautiful. All the lyrics are composed in an elegant manner with the perfect tune suiting them, it is very fascinating to me. Music is not everyone's cup of tea- to understand the rhythm, every beat, meaningful lyrics and so much more. It is a gift that should be cherished and taken well taken care of. I get captivated for hours while listening to music and...

The Wonders of Winter

Many people usually sulk and imagine a dull, dark environment whenever one talks about winters. It is a common misconception, or I should say perception of the people, that winters are soulless or emotionless. Well, personally I think winter is one of the most beautiful seasons of all.

Winter has the most beautiful sunsets of all, regardless of wherever we are. The vibrant colours of the sun perfectly balance the almost cloudless sky and gives us an amazing view to look at. One can never forget the serenity that the winter brings with it- the stillness in the air soothes me and helps me focus. Even the haze and fog gives me a sense of adventure, especially while travelling when we cannot see the roads clearly. I think of winters as the no-mess season. Summers are messy with the hot and humid climate, and the evening rush. Specially in a country like India where the temperatures are soaring high, the humidity agitates...