Writers of the World

Retired.

Nonfiction: Factual Information From Us

(Regarding this account)

As you know, nothing we write if "fiction, nonfiction, or poetry" and I believe so do the faces behind WTW. We've been dancing around certain guidelines already with this account (minor ones, really) so now with everything that's happening, I'm scared. Anyway, this account if just going to lay low for a while. We're still going to work on June (2020) must-reads (as well as the reviews for them), but that's pretty much it. So the contest page won't be updated for a while, the summer camp b*l*o**g will be on hold if not somewhat canceled. 

I hate to say it, but this is all out of fear. I rather lay low for a while and NOT get this account deactivated then join the "protesting" and lose all the progress and help this account has given to you guys. Safety precautions, okay? But just know we still stand with you, but more in a mini silent rebellious...

ALL Current/Ongoing User-Hosted Contests (UPDATED: 7/2/20)

HOW THIS IS COMPOSED
First will be the name/'#' of the contest followed by the host
Second with be a short idea of the prompt
Third will be how many places there is (Ex. 1st, 3rd, Honorable mention, etc)
Then will be the first place prize
Last will be the due date/deadline of all entries (bolded)
_______________________________________________________
#varmebolger by Vinter Vejen 
3 prompts from simplistics things to ballads.
Uknown.
Unknown.
Deadline: July 5th, 2020
contest by lindsmariebuck
5 prompts from fantasy lands to wounds.
(1st, 2nd, 3rd place)
1st place prize: 20 likes, 15 comments, 5 reviews
Deadline: July 7th, 2020
#PrettyContest by Chloe :) <3
5 prompts of romance to flowers
(1st, 2nd, 3rd place; honorable mention)
1st place prize: follow,15 likes, 7 comments, 5 reviews
Deadline: July 9th, 2020
#mysecondcontest by mason wong
5 prompts from father's day to fanfiction
1st place prize: 40 reviews, 40 likes, shout out, 40 comments,...

*Virtual* Summer Writing Camp: Week IV

Many apologies for putting it on hold, however, we were focusing on May (2020) Must Reads!!!. But now that those are posted and the reviews (mostly) finished, this account finally had time to focus on the camp. Anyway, Week IV is here:
Week IV: World Building: Part I. Don't forget, it's never too late to participate and view everything! The homepage is here.

May (2020) Must Reads!!!

New-One-Time-Only-Intro: Some of our nominations didn't fit a category (or they did, but we thought they'd fit elsewhere better), therefore, we created 2 new categories because we felt it should be in the Must Reads due to its important message & information. Also, I'm absolutely excited about the number of nominations we received for this month, so thank you and I hope this keeps up!! There's another thing I'd like to say--I did a lot better keeping up with this month's reviews than any other month I've done!! One night I, or just, check this out-Midnight Victories From, Yours Truly. Lastly, June's Must Reads Nominations piece will have some minor (or major, opinion-based really) changes, so be sure to stay tuned & pay attention to that. Anyway, thanks for reading this!

Typical Intro: Thanks to EVERYONE WHO NOMINATED THESE PIECES AND THANKS TO EVERYONE WHO WROTE THESE AMAZING PIECES!! If you wish to see all March's nominations, please...

Sad Attempt of a #appreciationpost (I didn't want to leave anyone out)

Magnificent jun lei has started another positive trend, #appreciationpost. And although this account doesn't typically do trends, we're going to do this one because it's a wonderful idea. However, this account wouldn't be possible without every one of you, so we decided to just do a general thank you.

We have reached 225+ followers----THANK YOU! Oh my goodness, I absolutely appreciate and love you guys. Thank you for all your unyielding support, the only thing that keeps this account running. From nominating must-reads to participating in the virtual summer camp (which was on pause because I was focusing on Must-reads, week III will be out ASAP), everything you guys do is wonderful! And hopefully, the next 4 ish years (unless we find others to pass it off to, since the e*m*a*i*l  it's connected to is fake) this account has to run (since the people behind it will no longer be of age) it will continue to grow!

Now before...

Midnight Victories From, Yours Truly

As you know I do monthly must-reads and since the May nominations for these must-reads closed the other day, I've started working on reviews. Typically I procrastinate and don't even get half of them done by the time I publish the must-reads list (normally I read, publish the piece, then go back and review). But guess who stayed up late cause they couldn't sleep!! Yeah & now I completed 8+ (quality) reviews on pieces ranging from exceptional longs proses to few lines of poetry & yeah, super proud of myself and just wanted to share my mini midnight victory (cause it's midnightish here, lol). And yeah, hopefully, I can go to bed soon but I don't know yet. Also, too lazy to link anything so yeah, here X)

June 11th, 2020: The day I completed 8+ (quality) reviews in a row

P.S
Notice I said quality because yes, I try to write you the best reviews for your pieces as...

May (2020) Must Reads Nominations!! [Closed]

ATTENTION ALL WRITERS OF THE WORLD!!!!!

Intro: Please check out our, [Optional] Sharing Activity: Fanboys, Stan, Book Lovers, Readers, Etc (Repeats Very Welcomed)!! Join the fun and if we keep enough mentions, we might do something with it ;).

Here's How To Nominate:
-Like this post
-Comment below the piece you want to submit (State piece's name, category, Author, & short reason for nomination [unless the piece your nominating was written by you, then a reason isn't necessary]).
-A link would be helpful but it is not necessary!
-IF YOU DO NOT ADD A REASON YOUR NOMINATION WILL BE DISQUALIFIED!
Qualifications for Nomination:
-Pieces must have been written in the month of May 2020-The author must be a WTW member
-The piece must be its own post

Rules:
-You may only nominate 4 pieces
-The piece must fall into a categories
-If you do nominate more than 1 piece, 1 may be your own, but the OTHER 3 have to be someone...

*Virtual* Summer Writing Camp: Week II (Mini Challenge)

Okay guys, so HERE it is!! If you visited our blessed website where the summer camp is being run, then you know this week's theme is character building! If you haven't, check it out here.

Prompt #1
Write your protagonist as the villain or the antagonist as the hero--or both! As you should have read the differences between these stereotypes and common mix-ups here, this should be less challenging compared to those who haven't. For those who haven't--please check out here or else you're completely defeating the purpose of this. Also, KEEP IN MIND, your "hero" and "villain" whichever you chose, do not have to fit the stereotypical roles. They can be cape and power-wielding or just everyday people. The more creative the better.
Guidelines:
In footnotes, state your protagonist/antagonist and if they're the villain/hero.
All fiction genres accepted.
No poetry (sorry!), but prose, flash fiction, short stories, lowercase prose, plays are all accepted.
Word Count: Anything...

Announcement, PSA, Etiquette, Common Courtesy, & Advice: Updated

Okay, so this account does not really take part in controversial events or trends. Like asking us for Q&As is a no-no as is posting about essays and nonfiction. Then there's posting about tips/guides, which we don't know (but aren't dissing other writers for doing so! we actually like that you're all putting your voices out there to be heard!). Anyway, we just chose to avoid this because it might lead to chaos and arguments. 

However, I feel as though it is time to make a stand. Ever since quarantine started I felt as though there's been a shift/change here on WTW.

For one thing, the crazy amount of contests occurring. I feel as though many people are losing sight of what WTW is really about. And that's writing, not contests. I'm not hating on people or their contests, I'm just actually concerned. There's already a lot happening and now all these contests keep popping up. So many writers...

*Virtual* Summer Writing Camp: Week II

That's right!! Week II: Character Creating is officially up and running!

Click here to check it out!

And stay tuned for a prompt being posted tomorrow (5/28/2020) on this very account! It'll be it's own separate piece and a mini competition! And if you win, a special prize ;). YES! The prompt & mini-competition is specific to the information found on the website!! So read carefully!! Pay attention!! (Take notes if you want/must) :)

If you have questions, visit our Questions?? page! Please avoid commenting questions below.

As always, may you all write freely.

*Virtual* Summer Writing Camp: Now Open!

Here it is, the link!! The Aureate Bloc created by this account, which is run by 2 fellow WTW users.

Remember!
This is optional, free, & completely at your leisure.

For more information, please visit our piece, *Virtual* Summer Writing Camp: 5 Ws.

Also, there are 2 options regarding responding to prompts"

1) Leave a comment with your piece/poem/story/etc inspired by the prompt and "sign it" with your pen name or real name at the end. 

For Ex.
“I’m going to wrap this over your eyes and all you have to do is let go, okay?”
"You terrify me," she whispered.

~Writers of the World

2) Write a piece here on WTW & link it to a post where we'll collect responses (it will be published shortly)--but don't forget to link our blog in the footnotes, giving us credit for your prompt inspiration!

Link Your Prompt Responses Here!

So there are 2 options regarding responding to prompts.

1) Leave a comment with your piece/poem/story/etc inspired by the prompt on the actual site and "sign it" with your pen name or real name at the end. 

For Ex.
"You terrify me," she whispered.

~Writers of the World

Remember!

April (2020) Must Reads!!

Thanks to EVERYONE WHO NOMINATED THESE PIECES AND THANKS TO EVERYONE WHO WROTE THESE AMAZING PIECES!! If you wish to see all March's nominations, please read the comments of our piece titled 'April (2020) Must Reads Nominations!!' Also, since there were SO many nominations this time (YAY!!) reviews are going to take a little longer---good thing I recruited help (hehe)! Now let's get to the point.

HOW THIS IS COMPOSED:
Categories (in bold). SOME NOMINATIONS WE RECATERGORIZED!
Nominated piece (linked) as well as the author (linked)
Quote from the piece (italicized)
Who nominated the piece and why
!!Disclaimer: Some categories had more nominations than others, that’s why there are some more must readers than others!
________________________________
Humor
And They Danced by Anne Blackwood
"let me make a fool of myself without joining in"
amazing grace nominated because "just gives us a glimpse into every day life".
________________________________
Poem
Who Put Bella In The Wych Elm? by ...

April (2020) Must Reads!!

HOW THIS IS COMPOSED:
Quote from the piece (italicized)
Who nominated the piece and why
________________________________
Humor
And They Danced by amazing grace
________________________________
Poem
Who Put Bella In The Wych Elm? by ...

*Virtual* Summer Writing Camp: 5 Ws of the Blog

*Drum Roll* Here it is, the moment you've all been waiting for---a Write the World summer camp! And, what makes it all the better-It's virtual!! After conversing with a fellow user (who shall remind nameless) we've decided to host this very summer camp. Now, my favorite ways to explain information-the 5 'W's.

Who?:
Us, the Writers of the World account-Users hosted and purely for your benefit.

What?:
A virtual summer camp! We're going to post writing tips, guides, & pointers. Like, world-building, relationship writing, character creating. We're not doing competitions or really prompts like WTW does, more like, helping you write on WTW. Does this make sense? Also, there may be prizes (besides improving) if you join....like, I don't know: features? reviews on WTW? shout outs? The automatic promise of having a piece in monthly must-reads? All of these above? Yes!
So, it's just a blog you can check occasionally throughout the summer, see what's happening. We'll mention other pieces...

April (2020) Must Reads Nominations!! [Closed]

ATTENTION ALL WRITERS OF THE WORLD!!!!!

Intro: Need/Want a review? Need/Want a comment? Please check out our, (Follower Exclusive) Review Exchange Page: Test Run! Also, we're wrapping up reviews from our last nominations, so be patient.

Here's How To Nominate:
-Like this post
Qualifications for Nomination:
-Pieces must have been written in the month of April 2020-The author must be a WTW member
-The piece must be its own post (nothing in the comments of other posts, for example, user-hosted contest where pieces are submitted through comments ARE NOT ALLOWED)

Rules:
-You may only nominate 4 pieces
-The piece must fall into a categories
-If you do nominate more than...

[Optional] Sharing Activity: Fanboys, Stan, Book Lovers, Readers, Etc (Repeats Very Welcomed)

Everyone's heard of a Book Club, right? Well, we're modifying that idea, this is part one.
To every writer here on WTW, follower or not, please join us in on this fun sharing activity.

In the comments, I want YOU to tell us your favorite pieces of literature. It can be a classic, play, novel, novella, poem, series, short story--I don't care! Just give the TITLE of the literature and the original AUTHOR. Of course, if you're feeling extra, you can give a reason why you're choosing what you are.

Bonus: Out of the lovely pieces of literature you pick, give a quote from one (or more). 

You can pick and choose what you share or you can just do it all. You can listen more than one for each thing you can list none. I'm not asking for anything fancy or anything lazy, I'm asking for your book confessions and must-reads. And technically there is no limit...

(Follower Exclusive) Review Exchange Page: Test Run [Deadline: Eliminated]

So recently we posted our, March (2020) Must Reads!!. And as we say, we review the pieces nominated in our March (2020) Must Reads Nominations!! piece. Anyway, so last year we had a piece called, (Follower Exclusive) Please Review Page: 2019 Edition. Now we want to kinda combine them together. 
________________________________
How it Works if You Want a Review:

1. Pick a piece (that is NOT yours) from either our, March (2020) Must Reads!! or March (2020) Must Reads Nominations!! pages, o rAnha's march 2020 wtw highlights that you want to review.
  2. Review the piece & submit
  3. Now, look through YOUR published pieces and find something you want to be reviewed
  4. Comment on this page these things
                        - Title & author of the piece you reviewed
                        - Title & link of the piece you want to be reviewed
________________________________
How it Works if You Want a Comment:
  1. Pick a piece (that is NOT...

Questions??

Comment below any questions you have regarding this account, from our features, Must Reads, reivews, anything we do.

March (2020) Must Reads!!

Thanks to EVERYONE WHO NOMINATED THESE PIECES AND THANKS TO EVERYONE WHO WROTE THESE AMAZING PIECES!! If you wish to see all March's nominations, please read the comments of our piece titled 'March (2020) Must Reads Nominations!!' Now let's get to the point.

HOW THIS IS COMPOSED:
Categories (in bold).
Quote from the piece (italicized)
Who nominated the piece and why
(we omitted the "our view on the piece" since our reviews kinda say it for us; also it was a little more work then we needed when we already do all this work)
________________________________
Poem
Inner Strength by Explodingstars003
"Strength not only lies without"
HelpMe512 nominated because "The message is so real and I think it's something everyone should read simply because of the truth of this piece."
...

WOTW Prompt #23

Prompt #23

Your house is on fire, with your family member(s) in it and a fish.

May you all write freely.

March (2020) Must Reads Nominations!! [Closed]!

ATTENTION ALL WRITERS OF THE WORLD!!!!!

Intro: If you were wondering why we've been kinda inactive, check out our "Short PSA". Sorry, February Must Reads came out a little late. Also, we're finishing up the reviews for those nominations still so please, bear with us. And yeah, that's all I got for an intro.

ALSO, READ THE WHOLE PIECE BEFORE NOMINATING

Here's How To Nominate:
-Like this post
Qualifications for Nomination:
-Pieces must have been written in the month of March 2020-The author must be a WTW member
-The piece must be its own post (nothing in the comments of other posts, for...

February (2020) Must Reads!!!

Thanks to EVERYONE WHO NOMINATED THESE PIECES AND THANKS TO EVERYONE WHO WROTE THESE AMAZING PIECES!! If you wish to see all February's nominations, please read the comments of our piece titled 'February (2020) Must Reads Nominations!!' Now let's get to the point.

HOW THIS IS COMPOSED:
Categories in bold).
Quote from the piece (italicized)
Who nominated the piece and why
Last will be our thoughts of the piece
________________________________
Poem
my body was crafted from Adam’s ribs; does that not grant me manhood? by weirdo
"i soak in this essence to feel a sense of belonging;"
Wicked! nominated this piece because "This literally left me breathless; it has beautiful diction and an amazing concept."
Our view: A dark and twisty piece of biblical reference.

i do not like the word 'dead' but...

February (2020) Must Reads Nominations!! [Closed]

ATTENTION ALL WRITERS OF THE WORLD!!!!!

Intro: If you [followers] have yet to take our survey, please spare a minute to do so! It's titled, [To: Our Followers] (semi)Official 2020 Survey: Part 1! Big thanks to @Ursa and @Anha who already commented and took our survey! And the biggest thanks to @Quille who took it and after some conversation, helped us with some of our long over due reviews! She's a huge supporter of us and we are the same for her! Thanks to everyone who sticks by us and was patient when I got the flu and was out for like several days. Also, thanks to Anha's suggestion, we're going to start regularly posting our nominations for the month's must reads on the 27th of every month and take nominations until the 10th. (If that doesn't make sense you'll understand as it happens). Now, here you go:

Here's...

[To: Our Followers] (semi)Official 2020 Survey: Part 1

Thanks: Hey! So before I get into the survey details I just want to say, thank you all so much for everything! Honestly, this account would not be possible if it wasn't for each and every one of you WTWians. You guys make our Must Reads, Contest Updates, Reviews, and so much more possible! Anyway, keep up the amazing work!

Intro: So since this site has been running for almost two years I would like to conduct a little survey from our followers! I know this might sound needless and chain clickbait, but believe me----it's not! I will definitely listen to all considerations, opinions, thoughts, and concerns. Every response will be looked out and most likely carried out. Why? Well because this account is meant for you guys, to help out writers. 

How to Respond to Survey: This part is easy, you have two options. You can either:
1. Create a separate piece, where you copy and paste all the...

December (2019) Must Reads!!!

Thanks to EVERYONE WHO NOMINATED THESE PIECES AND THANKS TO EVERYONE WHO WROTE THESE AMAZING PIECES!
If you wish to see all October's nominations, please read the comments of our piece titled 'December (2019) Must Read Nominations!!!' Now let's get to the point.

HOW THIS IS COMPOSED:
Categories will be first (in bold).
Next will be the nominated piece (linked) as well as the author (linked)
Following will be a quote from the piece (italicized)
After will be who nominated the piece and why
Last will be our thoughts of the piece
________________________________
Humor
No nominations.
________________________________
Poem
india by agustdv
"the irony of mottled education"
aryelee nominated this piece because " this is an incredibly strong and striking piece. it goes right into the heart of things and lays it all bare for us."
Our view on the piece: Politically...

January (2020) Must Reads Nominations [Extended to the 25th]

ATTENTION ALL WRITERS OF THE WORLD!!!!!

Intro:
I totally forgot to set this up earlier. Honestly? January Must Reads slipped my mind until I saw Anha's post for her submissions (see footnotes for more details) and then the memory smacked me in the head. So anyway. sorry this seems choppy and rushed, but the sooner I can get this out there, the sooner I get nominations and the sooner people get their pieces reviewed, and so on and so on. Also, if you won our contest (see post 'Contest #GOrwell (2019) Results & Winners!' to know, then you will be messaged directly (via comment on a peer review) about one of your prizes. Anyway yeah, so here we go-

ALSO, READ THE WHOLE PIECE BEFORE NOMINATING, SOME OF THE RULES CHANGED

Here's How To Nominate:
-Like this post
-Comment below the piece you want to submit (State piece's name, category, Author, & short reason for nomination [unless...

Contest #GOrwell (2019) Results & Winners!

Intro
This was our first contest and it was so..............SUCCESSFUL! I loved every single entry submitted and found joy in liking, commenting, and reviewing them! Deciding placements and winners were so difficult because, well, they were all good. Therefore, don't be discouraged if you didn't place-honestly, you were probably very close. Also, if you entered more than one prompt, you did have a chance to win more than once. Out of this whole contest, there was only 1 tie and it was unavoidable. In addition, if you would like to read/see all entries, go to our piece 'Contest #GOrwell Announcements (All Entries)'. Anyway, I hope you continue to participate in our future contests or if you didn't take part in this one, you do so the next one. Our next contest will most likely be months away, so look toward perhaps the end of summer/beginning of fall 2020. Also, our Must Reads will post (probably) by the end...

December (2019) Must Read Nominations!!!

ATTENTION ALL WRITERS OF THE WORLD!!!!!

Intro:
Goodness, what a year. The end of 2019 is significant for many reasons. One reason is it represents the end of a decade. Another is it marks the end of another year of new WTW recruits. However, for this account, it represents the anniversary of 1 year of creation. This account began last year (2018), toward the end of the year. In the beginning, I made this account just so I could write more reviews and seem more official, however, I feel as though it has grown. Blossomed into something more, if you will. At first, we just did prompts and liked pieces-now we host Must Reads, Competitions, and write detailed peer reviews. But this is all thanks to Write the World itself, all the writers on here, and especially our followers (in which we have +140, thanks to each of you). So we're thankful for this year and our hope is we...

Contest #GOrwell Announcements (All Entries)

Below I am going to list all entries that have been submitted to us and I have been able to locate. I also and placing them in the prompt you either told me or didn't tell me and therefore I assumed. Therefore, if you entered the contest, please make sure your pieces are with the correct prompt and with the correct author (aka you). Please tell us immediately (by commenting down below) because we are already starting the judging process. So once you're done double-checking this list, please read footnotes.

Prompt 1: Irony (3 Entries)

1. The Beast of Burden by HelpMe512
  2. beautiful people by jeily
  3. caged creature by BurningMidnightOil 

Prompt 2: War (13 Entries)
  1. I Had Promised Her by Wicked!
  2. ONLY YOU by KiwiCat ᵔᴥᵔ
  3. Love, Rosalie Noelle Collin by aditi
  4. Draped in Darkness by Drishti Bhatia 
  5. #GOrwell contest 2 by thelostprince
  6. Daddy's Girl by ZZ7656
  7. From the Diary of Jeremy Lancaster by JakeFrommStateFarm 
  8. Play your Part...

Our Contest #GOrwell!!!! (2019) [Last Day! Need more Entries]

Not a lot of entries, so we're extending the due date. It's now December 31st 2019, giving everyone the rest of the month. We're looking forward to more entries!
Here's a review of the contest:

Prompts (3 total)
1. Irony Prompt (Word limit: 5-150 words or 2-50 lines)
Beautiful Irony is defined as "when the very thing that tried to destroy you, instead made you stronger." For this prompt writer, write about anything relating to beautiful ironyYou must compose this piece as a poem but it can be any genre.

2. War Prompt (Word limit: 50-1,000) [sorry about the typo last time, it's now fixed)
For this prompt writer, write a story based on war. Anything related to war. However, this piece must be composed as a short story, lowercase prose, or narrative but it can be any genre.

3. Miscellaneous Prompt (Word limit: 50-1,000 or 2-50 lines)
For this prompt writers, write a prompt about...

November 2019 Must Reads!!!

If you wish to see all November's nominations, please read the comments of our piece titled 'November(2019) Must Read Nominations!' Now let's get to the point.

HOW THIS IS COMPOSED:
Categories will be first (in bold).
Last will be our thoughts of the piece
________________________________
Humor
No nominations.
________________________________
Poem
war by Ursa
"realistically, we only fight for the games rich men play"
Selfnominated because "managed to create clear windows into my imagination where these scenes were playing out."
Our view on this piece: This piece really made the reader look at war...

5 Ws of this Account

Who?
This account, [Writers of the World], is a User hosted account in which finds joy in helping other WTWians.This is not administration, so we don't go through your work, leave private comments, email, or flag you. No, we simply do all we can as fellow users. Which in a sense, is also a benefit. 

What?
Okay, so here's how we help/what we do: 
- Host monthly Must Reads, where anyone and everyone on WTW can nominate any piece (of the particular month we are accepting nominations for) for us to look over and review. After nominations have been submitted, we go through all of them, read, like, comment, and review the nominations, and then pick the ones we liked best and create on general 'highlights of the month' if you will, called the Must Reads.
- Every once in a while, we post prompts to help end writer's block or give you ideas
- Randomly scroll through the dashboard...

November (2019) Must Reads Nominations!!!!

ATTENTION ALL WRITERS OF THE WORLD!!!!!

Intro:
So for this month's intro, we would like to give a few shoutouts to show our gratitude! First does to @Charisse Marison for being the first person to nominate a piece for October 2019 Must Reads! Next goes to @artificialaorta for his responses when we review his piece, which helps clear up questions and further the editing! Following is @Quille for being out very first follower when we started this account forever ago! And last but not least, @Anajou772 for being out lastest follower (when I made this)-we hope we help you're writing experience. If you were given a shoutout-no fret, you're all still appreciated and loved, and will get shout outs soon!!

ALSO, READ THE WHOLE PIECE BEFORE NOMINATING SO YOU DO NOT NOMINATE WRONG!

Here's How To Nominate:
-Like this post
-Comment below the piece you want to submit (State piece's name, category, Author, & short...

Our 1st Contest #GOrwell!!!! (2019)

Now, the moment you've all been waiting for, our very first contest!! But, before you read the information and start to enter, read our intro.

Intro
We decided in order to make our contest memorable and unique, we would recognize famous writers from around the world, and have one prompt inspired by them. Therefore, for our first contest, we would like to recognize a writer with the pen name George Orwell. His real name was Eric Arthur Blair, and he lived from 1903 to 1950. He wrote numerous novels, critiques, and journals, his most famous works being Animal Farm and 1984. During his years, George Orwell once said, "For a creative writer possession of the 'truth' is less important than emotional sincerity." And we'll leave you with that dear writers.

Prompts (3 total)
Beautiful Irony is defined as "when the very thing that tried to destroy you, instead made you...

Our very first contest!! I feel as though my first post about this contest was slightly intimidating and long, so here's the same important information, just condensed.

Intro
We would like to recognize a writer with the pen name George Orwell. During his years, George Orwell once said, "For a creative writer possession of the 'truth' is less important than emotional sincerity."

Prompts (3 total)

2. War Prompt (Word limit: 50-1,00)
...

October 2019 Must Reads!!!

If you wish to see all October's nominations, please read the comments of our piece titled 'October (2019) Must Read Nominations!' Now let's get to the point.

HOW THIS IS COMPOSED:
Categories will be first (in bold).
Last will be our thoughts of the piece
________________________________
Humor
No nominations were applicable.
________________________________
Poem
Divinity by Dani A. Remlap
"I met God at the corner of fifth and futility"
Self-nominated because 'I'm insanely proud of this poem'
Our view on this piece: The most moving aspect of this whole piece is how metaphorically it...

(Follower Exclusive) Please Review Page: 2019 Edition

So, as promised, this account likes to review the works of others to help you all advance as writers. Just early today someone commented on a piece of ours asking for a review, and of course, we said yes! However, this also made us realize that if everyone did that it would be kinda chaotic. Therefore, this was created.
This is going to be our Please Review Page, where our followers can ask us to review any of their piece(s) they would like. Now, before you go and get angry or comment or flag or whatever, this is why we are just including our followers:

• Everything we do is open to everyone on WTW, and we consider ourselves a group and therefore believe we should have some sort of 'benefit' for our fabulous and dedicated followers.
  • In a sense, everyone can get pieces reviewed when we host monthly nominations, therefore, there's a loophole around it and it's not that...

October (2019) Must Reads Nominations!

ATTENTION ALL WRITERS OF THE WORLD!!!!!
So for this months intro, we're going to do a quote because quotes are fun and inspirational (and we have no other intro idea to do :))
"Write what should not be forgotten" -Isabel Allende

Here's How To Nominate:
-Like this post
-Comment below the piece you want to submit (State piece's name, category, Author, & short reason for nomination. Also, a link would be helpful but not necessary!)
Qualifications for Nomination:
-Pieces must have been written in the month of October 2019
-The author must be a WTW member
Rules:
-You may only nominate 3 pieces
-The piece must fall into (at least) one of the categories
-If you...

Writing Contest Criteria

HOW THIS IS COMPOSED:
Bolded is the category
Normal is the rank (there's only 3)
Italicized is the criteria or description of a piece that would fit in said category.
****************************************************
Prompt
Exceptional
The writer successfully sticks to the prompt and uses it to advance the story.
Standard
The writer uses the prompt in their plot, but it isn't the main focus and just a concept added to the story.
Okay
The writer adds the required aspects of the prompt into their writing, but it doesn't correlate or be of importance to the plot. 

Plot
Exceptional
The writer creates a story with meaningful characters, ideas, or concepts, where everything seems thought out and adds to the piece. It isn't very predictable or cliche, but if so writes it so it still feels as though it isn't. The story is unique and different, leaving a memorable piece for the reader to think about.
Standard
The writer creates a story with...

February (2019) Must Reads!

HOW THIS IS COMPOSED: 
Categories will be first (in bold).
!!Disclaimer: Some categories had more nominations than others, that’s why there are some more must readers than others!!
________________________________
Short but Powerful
do you still say my name (or did you forget) by AuthorKai
Christy Wisdom nominated this piece because "This poem has a great structure, and packs a punch in a small space."
"they say we don't die until the ones who love us stop calling out for us."
________________________________
A Poet's Purpose by symphonyrain0812'
symphonyrain0812' self nominated because ""I like the way this poem flows and its simple , genuine message.""
"A poem is a beautiful blend of/syllables that glide off our tongues"
________________________________
Tragedy
gay pirates by artificialaorta 
Anha nominated this piece because  "i won't be...

September 2019 Must Reads!!!

If you wish to see all the Septemeber nominations, please read the comments of our piece titled 'September Must Reads Nominations!' Now let's get to the point (and if you want that sappy intro and/or closing, look at the footnotes). :)

HOW THIS IS COMPOSED:
Categories will be first (in bold).
Last will be our thoughts of the piece

Humor
No nominations.
________________________________
Poem
The Hope That Dies with a Candle- With a Touch of Classical Music #Paganini'sviolin by and-peggy
Selfnominated, because "I was scrolling through my work, found this, forgot what it was,...

September (2019) Must Reads Nominations!

ATTENTION ALL WRITERS OF THE WORLD!!!!!
First off, I would like to say how extremely sorry I am for the inactivity over the summer. However, I felt that I needed a break from school, writing, and everything else that I can find stressful. That said, hope you missed us! We're back and ready in action times 10!
Here's How To Nominate:
-Like this post
Qualifications for Nomination:
-Pieces must have been written in the month of Septemeber 2019
-The author must be a WTW member
Rules:
-You may only nominate 3 pieces
-The piece must fall into one of the categories
-If you do nominate...

WOTW Prompt #22

Prompt #22

The point of no return.

May you all write freely

WOTW Prompt #21

Prompt #21
quest is a trip to accomplish a task
an adventure is a trip without a destination
journey is when the trip is more important than the destination

May you all write freely

To: Our Fellow Writers

To those who know this account:
Writers of the World is back and ready for action. After a long eventful summer, we are ready to bring forth new ideas, prompts, and contests for this oncoming school year. We hoped everyone had an amazing summer and are heading toward a bright future in school. Hope you stay with us!

To those who don't know this account
Writers of the World is a user-hosted accounted (non-admin), that helps with writer block, and creates prompts and ideas for fellow writers. We LOVE giving out reviews to everyone (including those who follow us and those who don't). We also take recommendations from our followers on what to review or not.

To see an idea of some of our prompts and/or writers who wrote pieces based on our prompt, search 
@WOTW#1 and goes to @WOTW#16
OR, read these pieces
Weirdo's take on prompt #4, here
AJ - Izzy's take on prompt #12, here

We...

Random Reviews for #GrowinginMay

Welcome to the wonderful month of May!
May is the fifth month of the year, consists of 31 days, and is commonly associated with spring in the Northern Hemisphere and autumn (fall) in the Southern hemisphere. Due to this, it is commonly said that this is the month when plants really start to grow.
Now I know it's not the first of May anymore, but it is the beginning of May (when I first published this, mind you-I republish pieces constantly) therefore I'm officially starting today. You fellow WTWians can join me or not, (it would be super nice if you did), but here what I'm doing:
HERE'S HOW IT WORKS
Because this month is commonly associated with growing, I want to help you guys grow as well! Every day this month I'm going to scroll through publish pieces and pick a random one that catches my eye and review it. Hopefully, I get a different writer each time, but the point is...

Regrets and Apologies

First I would like to apologize to all of you about a few things:

• my lack of activity
  • how slow I've been peer review
  • how late February Must Reads are
  • how late the shout outs for pieces inspired by our prompts are
  • no recent prompts have been posted
Life has been busy, and yes as a teenager school is being difficult. The end of the year is coming faster than I anticipated so I have lots of cramming. However, I can't leave all of my followers hanging! I will not disappoint and will peer review all I need to. My busy life shouldn't be a disadvantage for you guys. However, I will tell you all this: due to my busy life there will be limitations.
These limitations include:
  • Lots of time need for peer reviews
  • March may not get any Must Read nominations
  • February's will be up semi-late
  • Shout Outs will be late
  • No more prompts will be posted until after...

February (2019) Must Reads Nominations!

ATTENTION ALL WRITERS OF THE WORLD!!!!!
First off, I would like to say how extremely grateful I am for you guys to follow this account. The fact you guys not only love the prompts but also use them amazes me. I couldn't believe people comment, like, and/or write the prompts. But enough about us. It's about you! It's time for our Monthly Must Read Nominations!! We slightly changed a few things after your suggestions! Tell us how it looks!
Here's How To Nominate:
-Like this post
Qualifications for Nomination:
-Pieces be written in the month of February 2019
-The author must be a WTW member
-Be it's own post (nothing in the comments of other posts, for example, user-hosted contest where pieces are submitted through comments ARE NOT ALLOWED)
-Must fall in a category ...

WOTW Prompt #20

Prompt #20
Blood tears formed in the corner of her eyes, and her whole body trembled from sorrow.

May you all write freely!

We want your: Suggestions, Ideas, Comments, Critiques, & More

This account, Writers of the World, started at the end of 2018, in December. And since then, everything I've hoped for was not only accomplished, but has gone far beyond my expectations. I only thought five people would follow this account, however, we've gotten a larger number than that. In addition, the amount of pieces people have created based on our prompts are OUTSTANDING! Great pieces everyone! Lastly, the must read nominations are all FANTASTIC!
    Anyway, the reason for this post wasn't for thanking-that will come in a later piece- but for you guys to give us Suggestions, Ideas, Comments, Critiques, & More!! I want to know what you guys think about this start up! (Please keep it positive, and if helpful!
Here are some guiding questions we have:

• What do you think of our Monthly Must Reads? Is there any way we can make them better?
  • Are our prompts helpful, useful, or not-really-helpful?
  • Would posting tips for...

WOTW Prompt #19

Prompt #19
Broken promises are expected.

WOTW Prompt#18

Prompt #18
We lived in a world fueled by lies, that only the truth could burn.

May you all write freely

January (2019) Must Reads!!

HOW THIS IS COMPOSED: Categories will be first (in bold), next the nominators (with links), followed by the piece they nominated (italicized & with links), and then the authors of the nominated pieces (with links). In addition, underneath is the reason why they were nominated, and what we thought of the piece (in between the symbol *).
!!!!Disclaimer: Some categories had more nominations than others, that’s why there are some more must readers than others!!!!
Short but powerful (5)
AJ - Izzy
Don't Clip My Wings ~Quille
I chose this one because it's very relatable and the comparison from learning to fly and writing is so perfect! It flows super nicely and it's beautiful :)
*Amazing metaphor that is strong and can appeal to many writers-especially WTW writers. Everything makes sense and fits together to create this piece.*
RainAndSonder
Cigarettes ~Paperbird
The descriptions are tremendously vivid and real and the story of the poem is...

WOTW Prompt #17

Prompt #17
Ever heard the saying, "The pen is mightier than the sword." by English author Edward Bulwer-Lytto?
(If you haven't now you have)
Think about this, and instead of just 1 prompt, we're doing 2 for 1. 2 parts of 1 prompt.

Part #1
Explain why your (or anyone's ) pen is mightier than a sword
Part #2
Write a piece that you believe could end a war, fight, argument, guilt, self-hatred, anything problem some one might want to use a sword for or be struggling with. Because your piece might inspire the very person with this problem.

Bonus Idea:
Read some one else's work, and see if they've addressed anything you've had a problem with, or are dealing with.

WOTW Prompt #9

Prompt #9
The moment of truth. When you find out she wasn't as innocent as you thought.

May you All write freely

WOTW Prompt #16

Prompt #16
His/her eyes changed to a deep red, the kind of red that dried after splattering onto a concrete floor.

May you all write freely

January (2019) Must Reads Nominations

ATTENTION ALL WRITERS OF THE WORLD!!!!!
First off, I would like to say how extremely grateful I am for you guys to follow this new start up. The fact you guys not only love the prompts but also use them amazes me. I couldn't believe people comment, like, and/or write the prompts. But enough about us. Its about you!
It's time for our Monthly Must Read Nominations!! Obviously this is going to be our first one, so lets make January Must Reads a HUGE KICK OFF! 
Here's How To Nominate:
-Follow this account, Writers of the World, if you haven't already
-Like this post
-Comment below the piece you want to submit (State piece's name, category, Author, & short reason for nomination. Also, a link would be helpful but not necessary!)
Qualifications for Nomination:
-Piece must have at least 3 likes
-Pieces be written in either the month of December 2018 or month of January 2019
-The author must be a...

WOTW Prompt #15

Prompt #15
"Why would you cause me so much pain?"

WOTW Prompt #14

Prompt #14
Fearless & Free

May you all write freely

WOTW Prompt #13

Prompt #13:
Think of the first person who showed you true friendship. Write about them.

WOTW Prompt #12

Prompt #11:
Ever since your best friend disappeared you tried to convince the police to help search for her. The problem is, everyone claims they never exsisted.

May you all write freely

WOTW Prompt #11

Prompt #11:
Hope blossoms in the form of a flower.

May you all right freely

WOTW Prompt #10

Prompt #10
The moment of truth. Where you find out everything was a lie.

May you All write freely.

WOTW Prompt #8

Prompt #8
Death swept through the town faster than normal.

May you All write freely

WOTW Prompt #7

Prompt #7:
You did it! You finally found the key you've been searching for!

May You all write freely.

WOTW Prompt #6

WOTW Prompt #5:
Write a haiku describing outside

May you all write freely

WOTW Prompt #5

Prompt #5
Write a poem about hope and/or faith.

May you all write freely.

WOTW Prompt #4

Create the most beautiful death ever to be read-however, its the villian that died.

May you all write freely.

WOTW Prompt #3

Prompt #3:
Everything was layered in ash.

May you all write freely

WOTW Prompt #2

Prompt #2
Death, was only a stage, something temporary, one could get over it quickly if they tried.

May you all write freely.

WOTW Prompt #1

Prompt #1
"My heart wasn't meant for this," she said nervously.

May you all write freely