A5d6785f0cff7e95c99c20f28f985e17

weirdo

Where do I start? I'm a... geek. I'm a Broadway geek. I'm a TMNT geek. And, most important of all, I'm Marvel geek (seriously, I have an infinite amount of Marvel memes saved on my phone).
she/her pronouns

Reviews that are only include praise aren’t reviews. So, if you don’t have any constructive criticism and just want to compliment me (which I greatly appreciate) please do so in the comment section.

Wanna contact me? Email lowkeylokilover@gmail.com

Quote of the Day:
"No matter what happens in life, always remember that Justin Bieber is a disgrace.”- One of my friends whilst texting me at 1 AM.

The Land of Lost Things--Part Three

Some may think that after spending most of your life in a place, it'd be impossible to get lost. And, if you think that about me, you are wrong. I have never been able to navigate my way through the Land of Lost Things. It is far too big, and the spaces are far too homogenous. Usually, I stay in a closed space, which is marked by multiple exotic and easy to remember objects that I formed a large circle with. I try my best to stay within that circle. However, there was a time when these boundaries I made for myself were nonexistent. A time when I was stupid enough to seek adventure beyond what I could see. What can I say? Peter Pan had gotten to my head. It was during one of these so-called adventures that I encountered the cave.
       Magical places are only in fairy tales. Yet, everyone has encountered a place that they feel is...

The Land of Lost Things--Part Two

Ann told me stories. Not the kind in books. No, one starts to get tired of the stories that are contained in the pages of a book. She came up with stories. And she told them to me, bursting with enthusiasm as she flailed her arms around and waddled like a duck, trying to make me understand.
    "Then!" she told me, "It was gone!"
    "What?! How…?"
    "I don't know."
    "You have to know? It's your story."
    She plopped herself down on my air mattress. I cringed, scared that it would burst.
    "Sometimes," she sighed, "You don't know what happens in the end. Stories don't always finish. The story teller loses grasp of what the story was supposed to lead up to. The endings gets…"
    "Lost?" I sat down next to her.
    "Yeah," she said, looking up at me and cracking a smile, "Lost."
    "Well, we can find them here then. All lost things come here."
    "I don't think that's how...

The Land of Lost Things--Part One

Do you ever wonder where lost things disappear to? Like the hundreds of pens and pencils you leave lying around, just to find them gone the next day? Or that one homework assignment you couldn't find no matter how hard you looked? Well, surprisingly enough, they all end up in the same place. Every lost pencil, pen, button, hair tie, and bobby pin. They end up here. In the Land of Lost Things.
    It always amazed me how things just pop up here. Every single day, I wandered around aimlessly, looking for something new. Of course, I hadn't seen everything that arrived here. There was far too much. Besides, there are certain things that people don't lose often. Like houses. Or trees. Oh, how I wish I could see a tree. I'd seen pictures and paintings of them, but, considering it is very hard to lose a tree, I had never seen one in real life. I remember...

Song Writing Competition 2019

Light Shines From Afar

Verse 1
The sun, the moon, and the stars
All shine from so very afar
Yet no matter how far they stay
I can always say

Chorus
Your light brings such bliss
Like a warm, sweet kiss
And, oooh, I wish you were nearer
So your beauty could shine clearer

Verse 2
My burning sun, how are you tonight?
Does it hurt to shine so bright?
So bright, I can feel you from far away 
And I can confidently say

Chorus
Your light brings such bliss
Like a warm, sweet kiss
And, oooh, I wish you were nearer
So your beauty could shine clearer

Verse 3
I miss you, my beautiful moon
I wish I can reach you soon
But, my rocket is oh so far away 
So, for now, I guess I’ll just say

Chorus
Your light brings such bliss
Like a warm, sweet kiss
And, oooh, I wish you were nearer
So your beauty could shine clearer

Verse...

Tick. Tock. #r&scontest

Tick. Tock.
Each tick and tock reminds me of the inevitable ending. The day when the clock breaks; it’s sudden silence echoing throughout the universe.
Tick. Tock.
Each tick and tock reminds me of the life I’ve lived so far. The life that’s made me think of the end each and every moment.
Tick. Tock.
Each tick and tock reminds me that it will take a lifetime. A lifetime of suffering before the pain is finally numbed.
Tick. Tock.
I don’t mind the end. No, death is not something to fear. It’s the dying that drives me insane.
Tick. Tock.
You can wait for the clock to die out.
Tick. Tock.
Or you can…
Tick. Tock.
Break it.
-

Let’s play a little game :)

Ok, this site seems kinda sorta really boring now. So, let’s play a little game to get things more. It’s also gonna be great in building community. So, here it is. 
       I want you to pick one member on this site. Anyone. Although, if you see that one person is kinda left in the dust, please try to be inclusive.  Also, don’t pick someone you know in real life. Once you’ve picked that person, I want you to get to know them. Look at their pieces. Read their bio. Look closely at their profile pic. Get to know them. You can ask them questions about themself if you want, but please be mindful that some may not want to reveal a lot about themselves so you might need to fill in the blanks. The one thing that you definitely want to ask them if they don’t know is their preferred pronouns. Then, I want...

Sijo

Cage of Lies

I am a bird trapped within this cage of lies you have created.
You tell me I am not ready to visit the outside world.
Really, the outside world isn’t ready for me. But I’ll change that.

Song Writing Competition 2019

Light Shines From Afar

Verse 1
The sun, the moon, and the stars
All shine from so very afar
Yet no matter how far they stay
I can always say

Chorus
Your light brings such bliss
Like a warm, sweet kiss
And, oooh, I wish you were nearer
So your beauty could clearer

Verse 2
We’re a million miles apart
And you’re still close to my heart
I think of you each and every day
And each time I will say

Chorus
Your light brings such bliss
Like a warm, sweet kiss
And, oooh, I wish you were nearer
So your beauty could be clearer

Verse 3
Perhaps I should let go
And not let my love grow
But, I’ll try not to break away
Instead I will just say

Bridge
I won’t let your light fade
Away from my life
No, I’ll try not to be swayed
And not to let my heart and mind strife
And let my love for you continue...

The Land of Lost Things--Part Three

Some may think that after spending most of your life in a place, it'd be impossible to get lost. And, if you think that about me, you are wrong. I have never been able to navigate my way through the Land of Lost Things. It is far too big, and the spaces are far too homogenous. Usually, I stay in a closed space, which is marked by multiple exotic and easy to remember objects that I formed a large circle with. I try my best to stay within that circle. However, there was a time when these boundaries I made for myself were nonexistent. A time when I was stupid enough to seek adventure beyond what I could see. What can I say? Peter Pan had gotten to my head. It was during one of these so-called adventures that I encountered the cave.

The Land of Lost Things--Part One

The Land of Lost Things--Part Three

inside my atheist mind

They told me Jesus Christ was my savior and God. I guess I just started wonder why He wasn't saving me at the moment. And, they told me that I'd go to hell if I disagree. Maybe hell isn't such a bad idea after all. And they told me that God was real. That I have no proof that He isn't. And, I guess I don't care whether He's real or not. I don't care whether I believe He is real or fake. I just don't believe in Him. 

The Land of Lost Things--Part Two

"Then!" she told me, "It was gone!"
    "What?! How…?"
    "I don't know."
    "You have to know? It's your story."
    "Lost?" I sat down next to her.
    "I don't think that's how...

#sweetlybitter results!

Ok, I'm just gonna tell the truth. I'm a jerk. I completely forgot about announcing the results for my contest and left you guys waiting. But, here they are now. This was a lot harder to judge than my last contest, because the pieces were longer and I feel as though the prompt mattered a lot more than in my last contest. But, I think I chose the winners the best I could!

In 1st  place we have...
"angels just remind us mortals we never get a chance to fly #Sweetlybitter" by Dmoral13 (https://writetheworld.com/groups/1/shared/112780/version/214729)

And 2nd place...
"Bound Together #SweetlyBitter" by AJ - Izzy (https://writetheworld.com/groups/1/shared/113383/version/217127)

And, because I'm very bad at making decisions, the TWO pieces in 3rd place are...
"#sweetlybitter books gave me the key but it locked me in another cage" by Christy Wisdom (https://writetheworld.com/groups/1/shared/112579/version/214370)
and
"the dark side of chocolate #sweetlybitter" by luluwrites111 (https://writetheworld.com/groups/1/shared/114017/version/217385)

Here's a reminder as to what the prizes are:
1st Place: 4 reviews (two your choice,...

#sweetlybitter results!

In 1st  place we have...
a"just remind us mortals we never get a chance to fly #Sweetlybitter" by Dmoral13 (https://writetheworld.com/groups/1/shared/112780/version/214729)

And 2nd place...

and

1st Place: 4 reviews (two your choice, two...

something hidden

somebody once told me,
the shadows that follow you
throughout the forever seeming day.
belong to the souls of the people hidden.
trailing behind you,
trying to plead with you,
trying to find an escape
from their hidden world.
trying to find their way
into the light
but only casting mere shadows

Fantasy Writing Competition

The Land of Lost Things

Fantasy Writing Competition

The Land of Lost Things

Do you ever wonder where lost things disappear to? Like, the hundreds of pens and pencils you leave lying around, just to find them gone the next day? Or, that one homework assignment you couldn't find no matter how hard you looked? Well, surprisingly enough, they all end up in the same place. Every lost pencil, pen, button, hair tie, and bobby pin. They end up here. In the Land of Lost Things.

JOIN THE WtW DISCORD!!!

As some of you may know, a while ago, Big Blue created a WtW discord. She is no longer on the discord OR WtW, but the discord is still alive. Here's the link!
https://discord.gg/ZWxyaX3

We would appreciate new members! However, please do not invite anyone outside of WtW! We don't want any random strangers! When you accept the invite, please read the rules first thing! Then, it would be best to introduce yourself in #introductions! After that, you're all set!

Can't wait for any new writers  to join!

My Second Contest #sweetlybitter LAST DAY FOR ENTRIES!!!

Just finished writing and submitting all my reviews for my first contest (okay, that's a lie because there's still one person who needs to get back to me about what piece they want to be reviewed)! Anyway, I'm bored with my life and decided to host another one! 

Prompt: Write about something typically seen in a positive light, and view it a negative life. Make something nice into something mean. Make something kind into something malicious. Make something sweet into something bitter.

Genre: Try to avoid non-fiction, but, other than that, I don't care!

Word Count: 15-2,000 words

Deadline: June 1st. This gives y'all over a month!

Prizes: 
1st Place: 4 reviews (two your choice, two mine), 10 likes (five your choice, five mine) and a follow (if I'm not following you already) 
2nd Place: 2 reviews (one your choice, one mine), 8 likes (four your choice, four mine) and a follow (if I'm not following you already) 
3rd Place: 1 review (your choice), 6...

fall fall falling #Lovegood_24'sContest

if i were to
fall fall fall
no one would notice.
someone else holds the remote
and choses to mute my life.
when you're fall fall falling
in a forest,
and there's nobody around,
do you ever really crash
or even make a sound?
the fact is, if i were to
fall fall fall
i wouldn't make a dent in the ground.
if i were to
fall fall fall
i would be yet another star.
dying in the sky.
and people don't notice at the time.
they're too far away.
their explosions are muted
and, millions of years later,
when their disappearance is noted,
it is yet another trivial matter.
so when i'm fall fall falling in a forest,
there'll be nobody around.
i can't ever really crash
or even make a sound.

no one deserves to be forgotten

i remember you.
sitting in the back seat.
eyes clouded with misery.
back arched,
the weight of the world too heavy
for you to bear.
i remember you.
i have not forgotten.

i remember him,
walking through the halls,
wearing his poverty
on his old Nikes.
tattered jacket.
ripped pants.
i remember him.
i have not forgotten.

i remember her.
smoke coming from
her bathroom stall.
the sound of pills
shaking around
in her pocket.
i remember her.
i have no forgotten.

no one deserves to be forgotten.
remember them
and maybe, just maybe,
they'll remember you.

Open Prompt

what they say i am

i strive 
to be more 
than what 
they say i am, 
to disprove 
the stereotypes. 

don't talk ghetto
my mom tells me, 
them white folks 
will get scared 

wear your nice clothes
my dad says, 
don't want them thinking 
we're broke 

don't get into fights
my older sister warns, 
they take it as a threat 
and try to hurt you like 
they did me 

but from now on 
i talk how i want, 
i dress how i like, 
i fight back. 
and, most importantly, 
i will be me. 
'cause maybe i can't disprove 
the stereotypes 
but i sure as hell 
can be more than them 

Word Count: 15-2,000 words

Prizes: 
3rd Place: 1 review (your choice), 6...

"til the end of the line" (endgame spoilers ahead)

"'til the end of the line"?
that's what you said
a line goes on forever
did you not realize that
when you left?
maybe you did
maybe it was all a lie
don't tell me
the one who helped me
remember the truth
also fed me sugarcoated lies

buddy, i know what it's like
to think that it's best to escape
your own reality
but, don't you realize?
i need you
we need you
maybe you're taking all the dumb
with you
but, you're taking a whole lotta
good with you too

Chapter 15 of To Kill a Mockingbird--Tom's Perspective

Yelling. That’s what I heard. And that’s when I knew hell was right outside.
              I prayed. That’s all I could do. I prayed for Mr. Finch, ‘cause my fate was in his hand. And I began to wait out the storm.
              I don't know much 'bout Mr. Finch. 'Cept for the fact that he's a real nice guy. A shame, really. That nice guys are always the one ending up in this situation. A shame that it was Mr. Finch being threatened by the crowd outside my jail cell, and not a real mean guy like…Mr. Ewell.
              Well, guess I shouldn't have been worrying about Mr. Finch in the moment. I was the one that was 'bout to be killed. Them white folks out there were about to tear me limb for limb. They were downright angry. And ignorant. They always say black folks are dumb and stupid. But, them white folks are the ones that...

fall fall falling #Lovegood_24'sContest

if i were to
fall fall fall
no one would notice.
someone else holds the remote
and choses to mute my life.
when you're fall fall falling
in a forest,
and there's nobody around,
do you ever really crash
or even make a sound?
the fact is, if i were to
fall fall fall
i wouldn't make a dent in the ground.
if i were to
fall fall fall
i would be yet another star.
dying in the sky.
and people don't notice at the time.
they're too far away.
they're explosions are muted
and, millions of years later,
when their disappearance is noted,
it is yet another trivial matter.
there'll be nobody around.
i can't ever really crash
or even make a sound.

Black Night #T2S

The sirens are screeching, making me deaf.
There's a loud boom, and a body falls down, dead.
His face, black as coal, stares up at the sky.
And people start crying 'cause they never said goodbye.
Micheal Brown, Sean Bell, Eric Garner, Alton Sterling.
They were treated like animals and not human beings.
And for what? A little bit of crack cocaine?
Now, that is truly insane.
Why can't we all love each other?
Why can't we act like sisters and brothers?
Because some are black as night?
And some are snow white?
Because of that, we fight like dogs and cats?
No, it's way more violent than that.
They don't just fight us; they kill us.
Everywhere: the park, the street, the bus.
But I guess that's how society will always be.
I can just hope that the next victim won't be me.
And that the next time the sirens make me deaf
I won't be the one falling...

Within My Own Cage #T2S

You can't see me, for my insecurities shield the rest.
You can't hear me, for my words are too minuscule to detect.
You can't feel me, for my soul is not to be shared.

I am not here.
I am yet another person
trapped within my own cage.

The Land of Lost Things--Part Two

"Then!" she told me, "It was gone!"
    "What?! How…?"
    "I don't know."
    "You have to know? It's your story."
    She plopped herself down on my mattress. It creaked violently and I cringed.
    "Lost?" I sat down next to her.
    "I don't think that's how it works....

fall fall falling #Lovegood_24'sContest

if i were to
fall fall fall
no one would notice.
someone else holds the remote
and choses to mute my life.
when you're fall fall falling in a forest,
and there's nobody around,
do you ever really crash or even make a sound?
the fact is, if i were to
fall fall fall
i wouldn't make a dent in the ground.
if i were to
fall fall fall
i would be yet another star.
stars die and die and die
and people don't notice at the time.
they're too far away.
they're explosions are muted
and, millions of years later,
when they're disappearance is noted,
it is yet another trivial matter.
they'll be nobody around.
i can't really even crash or even make a sound.

My Opinions on Abortion

When talking about abortion, many bring their religious beliefs into the conversation. But, guess what? There are many different people with many different religions around the world. So, putting religion into the conversation is completely invalid and will always be invalid. Religion doesn’t matter in this situation (or in, like, any other social justice situations). The only thing that matter here is science and common sense.
A tiny fetus, embedded in a woman’s womb. Not a baby. A fetus. You may call it a baby. But, it is not. And, since it is not a baby, it is not a human being. Therefore, the killing of a fetus is not the murder of a human being.
Did you know that approximately 830 women die from preventable causes related to pregnancy and childbirth? That’s a lot of deaths, huh? And, in all honesty, is it really worth it? Is it really worth it for an innocent woman to die just to...

100 followers? Wha-?! I'm shooketh (also, announcement for anyone who wants some reviews from me)

Sorry about the title. I can already sense that you guys are cringing! Anywho, what? One hundred followers?! That's so... weird. It's weird to think that y'all barely know me but you're still so supportive of my work!

Thank you to the following people, who were kind enough to click that follow button and support me on this website!

Plausible.Poems
rosemarywisdom
Johanna
The Roadside Writing Club
PureHeart
Budding Mae
Koda Lynn
Wishing on a star
AbigailSauble
Gabriel Goodwin
Mangolover 
Rose_Gardener
TheLittlePenguin (haven't heard from them in awhile; anyone know what happened to them?)
purplpeanut
palindrome
AminahMcBina
Writers of the World
MimiChoudhury
Hannah Gaudette - JoyfulWriter
Hamna16
ayeitsmack
CuriosityKilledTheCat
.audrey michelle.
Andromeda
josephineabigail
MarianaG
LittleWolf
AJ - Izzy
Lissie
xXlunagirlXx
Julius Caesar
Quille
TheOriginalEliza™
izagrace04
IrisRoseworth (to all of y'all wondering why she has basically no activity, she only came here to support me. I thought that she would at least publish one thing, but I thought wrong :/)
N.
lianhabanana!
a sprig...

Earth Day Writing Competition

Why Human Survival is a Necessity

In movies involving time travel, people are always advised to keep everything the same. To prevent the standard "butterfly effect". Yet, in the present, people don't seem to think about these things. People seem to forget that every single thing we do affects the future. We are told that we can fix our mistakes. And, on occasion, that is true. But, there are some mistakes that cannot be reversed. They can be made better. But, in the end, the aftermath of your horrible decisions is too strong to fix. Unfortunately, this happens every single day. Every single day, climate change gets worse. I hear of a new disaster. Fires. Floods. Polluted air. Variety of suffering. But, one day, it will all stop. After all, we can't suffer if we're all dead.

Humans are complicated creatures. We praise ourselves for fixing problems. Yet, we cause more problems then can ever be fixed. We think of ourselves as the hero in the...

Open Prompt

what they say i am

i strive
to be more
than what
they say i am,
to disprove
the stereotypes.

don't talk ghetto,
my mom tells me,
them white folks
will get scared

wear your nice clothes,
my dad says,
don't want them thinking
we're broke

don't get into fights,
my older sister warns,
they take it as a threat
and try to hurt you like
they did more

but today
i talk how i want,
i dress how i like,
i defend myself.
and, most importantly,
i will be me.
'cause maybe i can't disprove
the stereotypes
but i sure as hell
can be more than them

The Land of Lost Things--Part One

It always amazed me how things just pop up here. Every single day, I wandered around aimlessly, looking for something new. Of course, I hadn't seen everything that arrived here. There was far too much. Besides, there are certain things that people don't lose often. Like houses. Or trees. Oh, how I wish I could see a tree. I'd seen pictures and paintings of them, but, considering it is very hard to lose a tree, I had never seen one in real life. I remember this one...

Love in Words

Graveyard Love Letter #LOSSISLIFE

Dear Mason,
You wanna know something that I realized right after meeting you? You are the very first person I fell in love with. Now, you're probably thinking, "How? You've had about a million boyfriends before you met me." And that is true. But, the thing about my other boyfriends is that I just loved them. I was never in love with them. Now, my dear, you must be thinking, "What the heck is she talking about?!" Well, isn't it obvious? In love. It means that I love you so much that I am literally engulfed in my love for you. My love for you, and your love for me, is like my life support. And, if it were to be taken away, I would crumple to the floor like a rag doll and will never be the same again. And that's exactly what happened. When you left that day, I felt as if the world as I knew it...

JOIN THE WtW DISCORD!!!

https://discord.gg/ysTMd4

The Land of Lost Things--Part Two

"Then!" she told me, "It was gone!"
    "What?! How…?"
    "I don't know."
    "You have to know? It's your story."
    "Lost?" I sat down next to her.
    "I don't think that's how it works....

Within My Own Cage #T2S

I am not here.
I am yet another person
trapped within my own cage.

Life of Nothingness

You wanna know something?
I never wished for this life.
Yet, I am continually told that I should do something with my life.
Why, I always respond, I never asked to be part of this wretched hellhole that we call life.
Still, they keep pestering me.
Telling me: Yes, life is not a choice. But, you should still embrace it.
If I had my way, life wouldn't be a thing.
The universe would just be an empty void of Nothingness.
But, people don't like Nothingness.
They can't wrap their heads around it.
They need Something to keep them sane.
Meanwhile, Something is what's driving me absolutely insane.
For, in my world, Something does not exist.
Something is something that humans made up.
So that they wouldn't have to learn to understand Nothingness.
So that they can add some purpose to their meaningless lives.

a q&a for y'all #weirdo'sQ&A

So, I decided to do a Q&A for you guys! Just make sure to add "#weirdo'sQ&A" to the title, and I'll like it and comment! I tried to make the questions as unique as I could, however, I know that there are some that people may find boring. Feel free to skip those! Anyway, here it is:

1. What's the weirdest conversation you've had with yourself?

2. What's the most ridiculous story concept you've come up with, that somehow worked?

3. What's your unusual pet peeve?

4. What's a trait that you love to see in people?

5. Which of the six Infinity Stones would you like to harness the power of (if you were a being powerful enough to)?

6. What's your celebrity squish (if you don't know what that means, look it up! It's one of my favorite words!)

7. What's your favorite dead meme? 

8. What's a family trait that you do not possess?"

9. What's your favorite Broadway musical?
...

Counter Narrative

Try to make your life a counter narrative. And, if you can't do that, write one.

The Land of Lost Things--Part One

Halloween Mix-up #revoke

"I don't know what to do."
"What do you mean?"
"I mean, that I have no idea how to organize this."
"Well, just lay them down here and-"
"NO! I can't just lay them down. There needs to be an organizational structure and everything!"
"I don't really see-"
"You wanna have the spookiest house for Halloween, right?"
"...Yeah."
"Alright. Then, we do it right. Grab a couple of the fake dead bodies and we'll figure it out."
"Okay...wait. Hold up. What you say?"
"Grab a couple of the fake bodies and we'll figure it out. Why?"
"I've made a huge mistake..."

Scars of Nature

Have you held a spider on your forefinger while chasing your cousins through the forest while they scream like babies? Have you ever had dirt flung at your face by your friend because she was bored? Have you ever put mud on your face as a disguise so that you could steal marshmallows from your campsite without anyone knowing it was you? Have you ever had to chase your backpack as it rolled down a mountain? Have you ever licked a tree because your cousin dared you to? Have you ever thrown your little sister in a pile of leaves to see if she would break? Have you ever hiked 5 miles to go to a picnic spot and have to walk all the way back because you forgot the plates and utensils? Have you ever kissed a banana slug? Have you ever hugged a blackberry bush? Have you almost been pushed into Puget Sound by your ex-best friend because...

what i wanna be

they tell me
that i can be
who i wanna be
that is, as long as,
who i wanna be
is who they want me
to wanna be

they tell me
that i can be
who i wanna be
that is, as long as,
who i wanna be
doesn't go against
their beliefs

they tell me
that i can be
who i wanna be
that is, as long as,
who i wanna be
doesn't affect
their lives

they tell me
that i can be
who i wanna be
that is, as long as,
who i wanna be
but they lie
who i wanna be
is me
they want another them

Poetry and Spoken Word Competition 2019

Black Night

Now, that is truly insane. 
Why can't we all love each other? 
Because some are black as night? 
Because some are snow white? 
No, it's way more violent than that. 
They don't fight us; they kill us. 
I won't be the one falling down...

The Importance of Dreams #ghostlycontest

Dreams are silent, mysterious things. They come to you when you sleep. And, when you wake, they disappear like wisps of smokes. At least, most dreams do. The useless, minuscule dreams disappear from the grasps of your mind before you've had a chance to contemplate what had just come to you in your sleep.
But, the important ones? Oh, the important ones stay with you. The stick to you like glue. They don't leave you. 
Of course, one may argue that all dreams are important. That is true. Dreams are an escape from the reality you face when you wake up. However, the important ones don't just let you escape from reality. They let you get a glimpse of how reality could be better.
Martin Luther King Jr. had a dream. It stayed with him. Will yours?

Sadness #ettu?brutus

I think the places I visit most are graveyards. I creep around and brush my finger along peoples necks. 
They always cry. Almost every single time. I get sick and tired of the crying. It's possible to bare me without crying, isn't it? Still, they cry. Except for the ones who see me often. They don't cry. They're used to me. They welcome me.
"I'm part of life," they say.
Is it true? Am I part of life? It doesn't feel that way. It feels as if most think I'm not supposed to be here. They feel like they can just push me away. As if they can get rid of me. But, they can't. Trust me, they can't. If I were able to leave, I would. But, I stuck on this earth, the same as them. And I'm attached to them.
Humans don't seem to understand. Of all the species in the world, it's the humans that just don't...

Untended Rose

I guess you can say my love for you was like a beautiful rose left untended; it died.

People Suck

Here's the thing: I just don't understand people.
What is up with people? Why are people so complicated? Why can't we all just be like dogs? Yes, dogs are awesome. I'm gonna invent a machine that turn people into dogs. That would be amazing.
People are just so complex. Like, someone can change within minutes. One minute your favorite color is red. The next it's blue. The next it's green. The next it's purple. Just pick a goddamn color for goodness sake!
I really do wish that I could understand people easily. That I could just look into someones eyes and be able to tell their age, gender, favorite color, favorite class, what fandoms they belong to. But, I can't. I actually have to get to know people. Which is exhausting because to get to know someone you actually have to spend time with them. And I can only spend time with a certain amount of people at a time....

#Q&ACE

1. How would you describe yourself physically? Height, weight, features (such as dimples or beauty marks), colors? 
    I'm only five feet, so everyone thinks that I'm younger than I actually am. I'm barely 100 pounds. I have a beauty mark on my right cheek. My eyes are sometimes a light hazel but they change color. And I have light brown skin. I can't think of anything else at the moment.

2. Who are your top three biggest WtW inspirations? 
Ahhhhh...um...
The Bubbling Pen
rosemarywisdom
Christy Wisdom
All there of them are amazing writers and really supportive of everyone on this site.

3. What's something you've been dying for people to know about you? Maybe something that everyone thinks about you that isn't true in the slightest? 
Well, umm...I...I have every single song from Newsies memorized. Which, now that I think about it, is kinda weird.
Oh, and I do not we

4. How many languages do you speak?...

Feathered Clouds #Feathers

A single, white feather fell from the sky. It sways back and forth, then lands on the concrete. 
I look up. There is nothing except the vast, blue sky and a few clouds. That's odd, I think.
I pick up the feather. Its softness surprises me. It feels like...
"A cloud," I whisper to myself.
I shake my head. No, it can't be true. Can it? My mother was a loon. There is no way...
I try to remember the story that she used to tell me. She'd sit me down on my bed, and wrap her arms around my shoulders.
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
"Do you know what clouds are made of?" she'd ask me.
I'd shake my head and smile, my dimples deepening. I knew exactly what she'd say. She told me the same thing every night.
"Well," she'd say, "When a bird dies, their feathers lift into the air. And they'd form clouds."
"Mommy," I'd interrupt, "Why doesn't it rain...

#N.dialogue

"I don't wanna."
Puppy dog eyes, I thought, Do the puppy dog eyes.
"Don't try the puppy dog eyes on me. It doesn't work and you know it."
"Worth a shot," I mumbled.
He took me by the hand. Something shot up through my entire body. Like a lightning bolt. He had that effect on me from time to time. I looked up into his deep brown eyes. He tried to hide it, but I could see tears threatening to stream down his face.
"You have to," he told me, "It doesn't matter if you want to. You have to."
"And what will happen if I don't?"
"You know what will happen."
It was true. I knew exactly what would happen. No matter how much I denied it. No matter how much I ignored it. I knew. I closed my eyes. Now tears were threatening to stream down my face. 
"Fine. But, promise me something?"
"What?" he sighed.
"Don't forget...

Watch What Happens #N.poetry

How am I ever to write something
so important when the only experience
I have is writing about flower shows?
This matters to so many children.
So many people are counting me.
And I'm about to screw it all up.

Come on!
Focus!
I can do this.
And when I do?
Oh, will I show them!
Girls can't be reporters,
they'll think no longer.

I'm making a difference for once.
All those kids are suffering.
They're starving and oppressed.
Someone has to do something.

No times to think about that guy.
Sure, he's cute.
Really cute.
Like, really cute.
But, he's a jerk.
Sure, a jerk that's leading the strike.
But a jerk none the less.

Power will be their downfall.
It always is.
Wait, that's ingenious!
I can only get better.
Right?

One day, we're gonna get old.
And this world will be ours.
Just think about what we could do.
As long as our ideas stay new,
it...

Watch What Happens #N.poetry

How am I ever to write something
so important when the only experience
I have is writing about flower shows?
This matters to so many children.
So many people are counting me.
And I'm about to screw it all up.

Come on!
Focus!
I can do this.
And when I do?
Oh, will I show them!
Girls can't be reporters,
they'll think no longer.

I'm making a difference for once.
All those kids are suffering.
They're starving and oppressed.
Someone has to do something.

No times to think about that guy.
Sure, he's cute.
Really cute.
Like, really cute.
But, he's a jerk.
Sure, a jerk that's leading the strike.
But a jerk none the less.

Power will be their downfall.
It always is.
Wait, that's ingenious!
I can only get better.
Right?

One day, we're gonna get old.
And this world will be ours.
Just think about what we could do.
As long as our ideas stay new,
it...

The Land of Lost Things--Part One

It always amazed me how things just pop up here. Every single day, I wandered around aimlessly, looking for something new. Of course, I hadn't seen everything that had popped up. There was far too much. Besides, there are certain things that people don't lose often. Like houses. Or trees. Oh, how I wish I could see a tree. I'd seen pictures and paintings of them, but, considering it is very hard to lose a tree, I had never seen one in real life. I remember this...

#Only One Hundred Words

Dear Anya, 
The printers almost run out of ink. I've estimated that I have a hundred words until it runs out. So, I'll try to make this quick. 
I miss you. I miss you more than Romeo and Juliet missed each other whenever they were apart. Is that a corny simile? Yeah, it is.
Anyway, there's a point to this message. I need to warn you. There are lives at stake. Well, not lives. Just your life. Not anyone else's. If it were anyone else's, I wouldn't care. But, it's your life. And your life matters most to me.
Anyway

Eyes of Blood @WOTW Prompt #16

Her eyes changed to a deep red, the kind of red that dried after splattering onto a concrete floor.  
"Dabria, my dear," I sighed, "It's happened again." 
I knew what would happen next. And, although I knew something dreadful would happen, I couldn't help but admire the dark crimson of her eyes. She was always beautiful, but when her eyes changed in such a way, I couldn't help but want to stare at them. Of course, if I stared at them for more than ten seconds, it would result in internal bleeding and eventually death. So, after a couple of seconds, I averted my eyes. 
"Is it bad?" she questioned. 
I nodded: "They're full." 
Dabria gasped. She turned to run away, but I gripped her arm tightly and pulled her towards me. I looked at her, avoiding looking directly into her eyes. 
"I'm not letting you go by yourself," I said firmly, "It's just a couple of blocks down, right?  ...

The Escaped Letter #His-Story-Contest

Dear Baby Girl,
I'm sorry. I truly am. But, I had to. You understand, don't you? You were always so sympathetic.
Oh, I'm talking in past tense already!
You'll take care of you're brother, won't you? He's always getting into trouble. Remember that one time when he grabbed a book and Mr. Johnson whacked him on the head with a stick. I remember exactly what he said to you're brother: "You think you can read nigger?! Well, read my lips. Put the damn book down or go without food for a week!" Poor Richard was traumatized after that and shook whenever he had to get anywhere close to Mr. Johnson.
You know, I'm glad you guys got away from that old hag. I wish that I could have gone too. But, when I heard that you're grandma was sick, I just couldn't leave her. Besides, you're old enough to handle things on you're own. You're about fourteen now. And I've...

#ForgivenessFGE

I promised myself that as long as my father lived I would never forgive him. I usually don't keep my promises. But, this time, I did.
As I stood by his grave, the soil still fresh, I realized how crazy I had been. He was just a man, like any other. How could I expect perfection from him?
Well, in all honesty, it was his fault that I expected perfection from him. Because, up until the day he had left, he had been perfect. Well, at least, in my eyes. He was the father every little girl around the world could hope for. He never said no. And, when he knew that he couldn't say yes, he found a way to put me down without saying no. Such as "I don't think I can, but how about instead..." or "well, you're mother disapproves, but what if...".
It wasn't until he left that he said no to me.
"Stay, Daddy!" I...

The Good Ol' Days

I remember 
The good ol' days
When we played in the local pool
Screaming out “Marco” and “Polo”
When we sat in a circle
Playing Duck Duck Goose
When we chased the ice cream truck
Until we were finally out of breath
When we sat on curb,
Ice cream melting on our tongues,
Talking about our day
I remember
Those good ol' days
Those good ol' days are my memories
Of you and me
That I hold deep in my heart
But now you're gone
Your drifting away from me
And so are those memories
You're disappearing from them
Know their just a sad little girl
Screaming, “Marco”
And no one answers
A sad little girl
Playing Duck Duck Goose
Without someone to chase her
A sad little girl
Chasing after the ice cream truck
Then stopping
Realizing that there's no point
A sad little girl
Sitting on the curb,
Ice cream melting on her tongue,
Talking to her best...

Invisible Cities

La Cogitari

I guess you could say that La Cogitari is my dream land. It is what I like to call "the city of possibility". Although, it isn't like anything is possible in La Cogitari. It's definitely not that. You see, many things actually aren't possible. Being on an airplane is an experience that most of the civilians haven't done. Or petting a dog. Or using a microscope. But, that's the thing that I like. That, since most things in the world are seen as improbable to the citizens of the city, it makes it more open to outlandish dreams. Being the first human to explore the multiverse is just as possible as being able to dive in the ocean in a submarine. You wanna cure death? Well, that's just as probable as being an opera singer, isn't it? You see, an idea can't be inconceivable if most things aren't even conceivable to being with.

Chocolate Love

Love is like a sweet piece of chocolate. The taste of it lingers, even when it is long gone. And it always seems that the first time you try it, is more enjoyable than all the times after.

@WOTW#4

I wish I could say that he died a peaceful death. Of course, if I did, I would be lying.
"Why?" he gasped.
I sat down next to him, tears threatening to run down my face. You know why, I wanted to tell him. But, I couldn't bring myself to say it.
"Look," I pointed towards the starry night, "There's the bomb. It's headed towards the targeted neighborhood. It's gonna make it."
He grinned. A evil, malicious grin. 
I finally had the courage to look at him. Oh god, the sight was an ugly one. Two bullet wounds, right in the chest. The man who had shoot him had run off to check on civilians. How can they call themselves a hero, I thought, when they leave a man to die like this?
"Hey," the dying man said, "You take over, alright? Tell the boys that you're the new leader. Tell 'em I appointed you myself, okay?"
I...

a q&a for y'all #weirdo'sQ&A

3. What's your unusual pet peeve?

7. What's your favorite dead meme? 

8. What's a family treat that you do not possess?"

...

To Mend A Broken Heart

You tell me to mend my broken heart.
But, how can I mend it when you've taken most of the pieces and hidden them?

Mall Jail

BRITTANY: (sitting in chair) I’m innocent! UGH! (sighs and pauses) Mom?! Oh, you’re here! Thank goodness! I’ve been here for like (looks down at watch) an hour, and I’m ready to go home. So, when are you gonna pay the stupid fine to get me out of this mall jail? (pauses) You’re working on it?! Well, you’re not working hard enough because I’m still here. (dramatically) They’re gonna take me to jail and you don’t even care! (pauses) Why am I here? (nervously) Umm…well, that’s a funny story. Really funny. (laughs nervously) Remember how I wanted that phone? The iPhone X? But, you didn’t get it for me. And…well… I REALLY wanted that phone. I was desperate. So, …I mighta…kinda…sorta…tried to steal it. (smiles nervously) BUT, if you woulda just bought me the phone like I wanted you to none of this woulda happened. So, if you think about it, it’s all YOUR fault. (points finger accusingly then drops it) ...

We're All Weak

"Come on! You gotta eat!"
"Food is for the weak."
"Fine, just drink some water then!"
"Water is for the weak."
"UGH! You're really annoying! Will you at least take a nap?"
"Sleep is for the weak."
"Literally all three of those things that you've said are "for the weak" are nessecities to live."
"LIVING IS FOR THE WEAK!!!"

The Cold, Hard Floor

I was lying on the floor. Why, you may be wondering, was I lying on the floor? In all honesty, I do not know. Maybe it's because the wooden floor was as cold as my heart.
I could hear soft footsteps as someone walked into the room. There were about ten seconds of silence before the person spoke.
"The floor is lava!" exclaimed a voice which I recognized as my friend's, Katrina.
I didn't move. I heard the sprung of the couch as Katrina jumped on it.
"Let it burn me," I said just loud enough for her to hear.
She hopped off the couch and squatted next to me.
"So what's going on with you?" she asked.
"I don't know... what is going on with me?"
I looked at her as if she might answer. Instead, she just sighed and sat next to me.
"... You're weird," she concluded. 
"Yeah," I sighed,"I get that a lot. But seriously...

Just a little inspiration...

Do you ever feel like you are just a side character in a book about someone else's life? Trust me, I feel the same way. Like I'm unimportant. That if I were to disappear from this world, everyone would move on as if my disappearance was a trivial matter. 
Well, you know when you're reading a story. And the main character is really well developed and interesting. But, even so, it's may be a side character that you love the most. And when that side character dies, you feel as if you're heart shatters into a million pieces. Even though the main character is still alive and well, you cannot help but have a feeling of loss when that side character disappears.
So, just remember, you may not be the main focus. Maybe the world wants everyone to focus on a particular person who seems more important to you. But, for a few people, you matter just as much as...

Restrained Hatred

Sometimes I remember what you did
and I wanna punch you in the face.
I wanna kill you
and everyone you love.
But, then I remember
if I were to perform
such a horrible deed
I would be just as evil
as you.
And we don't want more
people like you in this world,
now do we?

Broadway Musical Poem

Now is the time to seize the day
Cuz we are powerless
It's time to take a shot
Some things I cannot change, but 'til I try I'll never know
Guess there's a part of me that wants to
I've learned to slam on the break, before I even turn the key
If you know what you want, you go and you find it and you get it

Complimentary Lies

"You look fine!"
No, I do not.
In fact, I am 
the ugliest person
in this room.

"I love your hair!"
You love the way
that the messy curls
make the top
of my head
look like a
tumbleweed?
I think not.

"You're outfit's nice!"
Really?
Says the one
wearing Gucci.

You can say
what you want.
But I know.
I know that you
pity me.
Because,
in all honesty,
I pity me too.

Black Night #T2S

Now, that is truly insane.
Why can't we all love each other?
Because some are black as night?
Because some are snow white?
No, it's way more violent than that.
They don't fight us; they kill us.
I won't be the one falling down...

Love in Words

Graveyard Love Letter #LOSSISLIFE

Dear Mason,

The Land of Lost Things--Part One

Do you ever wonder where lost things disappear to? Like, the hundreds of pens and pencils you leave lying around, just to find them gone the nest day? Or, that one homework assignment you couldn't find no matter how hard you looked? Well, surprisingly enough, they all end up in the same place. Every lost pencil, pen, button, hair tie, and bobby pin. They end up here. In the Land of Lost Things.
It always amazed me how things just pop up here. Every single day, I wandered around aimlessly, looking for something new. Of course, I hadn't seen everything that had popped up. There was far to much. Besides, there are certain things that people don't lose often. Like houses. Or trees. Oh, how I wish I could see a tree. I'd seen pictures and paintings of them, but, considering it is very hard to lose a tree, I had never seen one in real life. I remember this...

The Land of Lost Things--Part One

Op-Ed Competition 2019

Sex Education In America's Private Schools

I attend a private Catholic school. There are many personal struggles that come with this, many of them that I will not list. For one. However, I think one of the biggest struggles is that I am not Catholic. I am an agnostic. This means that I disagree with many of the views presented in my school. However, I kept it to myself. Although there was a struggle that came with it, the school was supporting my educational needs, At least, at first.
In the middle of 7th grade, I walked into my science room ready to begin our Health unit. We were to learn about both the male and female reproductive system. As well as sexually transmitted diseases. However, before we started learning for today, our science teacher told us something. She said that we would not be learning about abortion. Because "it goes against the beliefs of Christianity". She went on to say that we also wouldn't learn about...

Death Parade #supposedtobe

I watched as they dragged their feet across the snowy field. I wanted to help them. I really did. But, I knew better. All of my friends, who were standing on my curb beside me, knew better too. They knew that if they were to help a Jewish man, they would be shamed by the whole community. Heck, all of Germany even. For, if you help a Jew, you become dirt and filth just like them. 
At that moment, I thought of Mila. She was my very first Jewish friend. My very first true friend. Even though we had different faiths, we were both united by our love for art. Whether it be sculptures or fingerprinting, Mila and I would do it together. What would she think of me just standing there, doing nothing? Surely, she would be disappointed. But, not surprised or angry. Mila was always a fighter, going against the people who presented problems for her people. And,...

Op-Ed Competition 2019

Marvel Rant: Mantis--She's not useless!!!

Mantis has many characteristics. And, I'll admit, some of them are...well...weird. Like, she can be stupid. Which is something that I won't deny. Like, seriously. "Kick names, take ass"? Oh, god, that was so stupid (yet, very comedic). However, even though Mantis has some questionable and weird qualities, anyone who denies how valuable will be sent to the Soul Realm by me personally.
Seriously people, how can you say she is useless. Guess who held off a Ego, a literal celestial, for several minutes using their powers? Mantis! Guess who held off Thanos, a powerful Titan who is capable of wielding all six Infinity Stones, long enough that they were almost able to get the Infinity Gauntlet off his hand? Mantis! And guess who thinks you are stupid for ever ever denying her capability? Me!
Are you still denying her potential? Well, then, I have no choice to send you to the Soul Realm. On te bright side, you'll be...

Marvel Rant: Clint Barton--The Unjustified Change The MCU Made

As many people know, movies that are based off of books often change many details. The same applies for the MCU, which is based off of Marvel comics. For example, the tesseract never originally held the space stone. And, in the comics, Thano's wiped out half of the life in the universe to impress the Mistress Death. 
Most of these changes, I don't throw a fit over. But there is one change that I can just not stand. As many Marvel fan know, Clint Barton was partially deaf in the comics for a number of years. However, in the movies they completely ignore that. Many fans have noted that Tony probably gave him invisible hearing aids that made his hearing close to perfection. However, this just doesn't cut it.
In the comics, Clint completely acknowledges his disability. He isn't afraid to say to people, "Yeah, I'm partially death". It is something that is part of who he is. But, you...

Marvel Rant: Loki and Bucky--The Similarities Are Uncanny

Now, this isn't really that important. I just noticed this a while back and thought that it was cool and wanted to share it.

Am I the only what that had noticed all the similar qualities between Loki and Bucky? It's freaking crazy! I'll give you a list:

1. Both have luscious black hair
  2. Both have pale skin
  3. Both can be really violent at times
  4. Both "died" more than once
  5. Both were mind controlled at one point
  6. Both were labeled as evil and villainous
  7. Both have a tall, handsome, blonde brother-like figure who they are annoyed by and who often over shadow them
  8. Both are precious cinnamon rolls who didn't deserve to die
Yes, I know that #8 really isn't a fact. But, you wouldn't dare disagree with me, would you?
Tell me in the comments if you can think of more similarities, because I am pretty sure there are some more that I forgot.

Marvel Rant: Tony Stank--A Bad Person?! I think not!

Tony Stark did this. Tony Stark did that. By Odin's beard stop blaming Tony for everything.
Yes, he created Ultron. But, Ultron was meant to help projected the world from great evils. Tony could have never predicted that Ultron would turn evil. Tony had good intentions. It just... didn't turn out as planned. Besides, if Ultron was never created than they would have never thought to create Vision. And Vision is a vital member of the Avengers.
And yes, he attacked Bucky in Civil War. But, what do you expect? He just found out that his parents, who he thought were killed by accident, were killed by Steve's best friend. And Steve kept it from him for years. Plus, Tony has PTSD, which is a mental illness that sometimes affects him overall morals. 
And yes, he can be a stuck up brat. But, to be honest, isn't everyone?
Tony isn't a god, like Thor. Tony isn't an advanced test subject,...

Marvel Rant: Loki--A Villain or a Misunderstood Hero?

Now, listen here, you haters. Loki is not a villain and here's why based on evidence from each movie he's in.

Thor-- Loki started out as a innocent little boy. Then, everything changed when he learned that his father, Odin, had lied to him his whole life and that he wasn't really his father. And, on top of that, he wasn't really Asgardian and was actually part of a species that he had been trained his whole life to hate. Now, that must have been REALLY traumatizing for him. He was going through an emotional roller coaster. That's why he was such a train wreck during the movie and why his emotions got the best of him. And, on top of that, as soon as he finds out Odin is literally like, "lol i'm going to sleep". Loki was just a sad emotional boy with daddy issues.

The Avengers-- Marvel Studios has actually confirmed that Loki was...

A Mess

"You're a mess."
"Yes, I am."
"Good. Glad you accept it."
"But I'm a cute mess, huh?"
"You're not cute. Just a mess."
"..."
"..."
"...so much for attempting to flirt."

CONTEST WINNERS!!!

I had such fun reading each of your pieces! They were all so amazing and it was really hard to decide on the winners. But, after reading each entry a bazillion times, I finally decided!

In third place, we have  Greetings #standalonedialogue by  AJ - Izzy!

As for second place, we have #standalonedialogue by  symphonyrain0812!

And, in first place we have...  Only You #standalonedialogue by  rosemarywisdom!

If you are one of the lucky winners, tell me which pieces you would like to have reviewed in the comments section! And, if you wish for me to choose randomly, please say so!

Let me guys know if you enjoyed this contest! I have another one in mind for another time!

Entries For My Contest:

Below are all the entries I've received for my contest. They were all very fun to read and judging is going to really hard. I should have the winners announced some time between Sunday and Monday. 
Please tell me if you submitted an entry and it is not listed below!

Quille

Dmoral13

Christy Wisdom

Budding Mae

LittleWolf

Anha 

Lissie

rosemarywisdom

CuriosityKilledTheCat 

AJ - Izzy

Julius Caesar 

symphonyrain0812

MimiChoudhury 

Johanna 

trapped

i'm trapped.
my feet are moving
but my body stays.
why won't you free me?
why must you do this?
what did i do to you?
why must you confine me?

fine.
do not answer.
i do not wish to hear it 
anyway.
your words will be filled
with lies.
those lies will be spat 
in my face and burn me.

keep your secrets.
just leave me be.

no chains.
no ropes.
no physical confinement.
still, you keep me here.

no of this is against 
my will.
i love you.
and i want to be with you.
yet your love is a trap.
that keeps me here. 
confined and
t r a p p e d

Entries For My Contest:

Below are all the entries I've received for my contest. They were all very fun to read and judging is going to really hard. I should have the winners announced some time between tomorrow and Monday. 

Quille

Dmoral13

Christy Wisdom

Budding Mae

LittleWolf

Anha 

Lissie

rosemarywisdom

CuriosityKilledTheCat 

AJ - Izzy

Julius Caesar 

symphonyrain0812

MimiChoudhury 

#Q&ACE

Ahhhhh...um...
The Bubbling Pen
rosemarywisdom
Christy Wisdom

Oh, and I do not we

4. How many languages do you speak?...

Stage Me v. Regular Me

"If you like acting so much, why don't you have more confidence?"
Ah. Well, you see...
I'm not myself. At least, not when I'm acting. No, when I'm acting I'm someone completely different. I'm a fairy who brings a puppet to life. I'm an evil hyena who follows the lead of a malicious lion. I'm an ugly witch who really enjoys her vegetables. I'm a fierce lion who represents Jesus. I'm a personified, chaotic cat who causes mischief and introduces an imaginary land to a little boy.
But, do you know who I am not? I am not me. If I were me, I would be sitting in the corner. I would not be center stage. If I were me, I would keep to myself. I would not be singing solo songs. If I were me, I would be wearing bland and dark clothing. I would not be wearing a costume that leaves the whole theatre in awe. 
But, once I put...

Ask The Writer Answers

All of these were such hard questions! They were all tough to answer! I didn't think that I would answer every single one, but they were all so good and I just HAD to answer them all. If there are any more questions that you guys have, ask them in the comments and I'll publish a new piece answering them!

Answers to CuriosityKilledTheCat's Questions:

What's your opinion on fanfiction? 
I'm gonna tell y'all a secret. I have a secret fanfiction account on Wattpad. If you guys want, I could tell you may username, but I have a feeling that not many people would be interested. I've only written one story, a Newsies fanfiction, and I haven't even finished it. Honestly, I think that my opinions on fanfiction really depend on which fandom it's for. I love Newsies fanfiction. But, I just don't like a lot of Marvel fanfiction because it's usually all about ships that I absolutely despise (like...

Eyes of Blood @WOTW Prompt #16

I knew what would happen next. And, although I knew something dreadful would happen, I couldn't help but admire the dark crimson of her eyes. She was always beautiful, but when her eyes changed in such a way, I couldn't help but want to stare at them. Of course, if I stared at them for more than ten seconds, it would result in internal bleeding and eventually death. So, after a couple seconds, I averted my eyes.
"Is is bad?" she questioned.
I nodded: "They're full."
"I'm not letting you go by yourself," I said firmly, "It's just a couple blocks down, right?
"Yeah," she...

Eyes of Blood @WOTW Prompt #16

"Is is bad?" she questioned.
I nodded: "They're full."
Dabria gasped. She turned to run away, but I gripped her arm tightly and pulled her towards me. I looked at her intently, avoiding looking directly into her eyes.
"Yeah,"...

A Short Contest #standalonedialogue

This contest is a really easy one! I probably won't get many submissions, but that's okay!

Prompt: Stand alone dialogue! This is very easy to write and can convey a big message with it. You are not allowed to include anything in your piece besides dialogue. No speaker tags. No description around the dialogue. JUST DIALOGUE! You will be asked to change your piece if there is anything besides dialogue.

Word Count: At least twenty words and no more than seventy. 

Genre: Any type you want! 

Examples: Hair Die and We're All Weak. Both of the examples are comedy, but remember that you can use any genre that you want!

Deadline: Thursday, February 28th. However, this may be subject to change depending on how many submissions I get!

Prizes (Isn't that all what any of us are here for?):
1st Place: 4 reviews (two your choice, two my choice), 10 likes (five your choice, five mine)...

#questionsthatneedanswers

1. Did you ever have that moment when you realized that you could've taken the easy way instead is suffering? Was your suffering worth it?
Yeah, probably taking honors math class. After I took the entry test for my school, they said they highly suggested I take honors math because the regular class would be too easy for me. I could have said no. But, I said yes anyway.

2. What's your favorite time of day?
Midnight. It's usually when I get my most work done anyway!

3. What's the saddest word in the English language? Why?
Okay, two words actually. "A" and "I". There just single lettered words. They don't have an other letters for company. They must be so lonely!

4. Do you ever have that feeling you're being watched as you write your stories?
Yes. Sometimes I actually am being watched by my little sister though. I don't really care though because she can barely read anything I...

40 followers?! What the frick frack diddily dack patty wack snick snack crack pack slack mack quarterback crackerjack biofeedback backtrack thumbtack sidetrack tic-tac slap back nick nack sack lack yik yak clack?

LOL sorry about the long title. I had to do it. Anyway...is this is joke? 40 followers?! I can't believe it!
I came to this site to express myself. And, to be quite honest, I didn't think anyone would look at anything I wrote. Compared to literally everyone else on this site, my writing is inferior and childish. I never expected to get ten followers, much less 40! Every single one of you guys are so supportive and I love you all!
Here are all of my glorious and stupendous followers:
Plausible.Poems
rosemarywisdom
Johanna
The Roadside Writing Club
PureHeart
Budding Mae
Koda Lynn
Wishing on a star
AbigailSauble
Gabriel Goodwin
Mangolover
Rose_Gardener
TheLittlePenguin
purplpeanut
palindrome
AminahMcBina
Writers of the World
MimiChoudhury
Hannah Gaudette - JoyfulWriter
Ryder
Hamna16
ayeitsmack
CuriosityKilledTheCat
.audrey michelle.
Andromeda
josephineabigail
MarianaG
LittleWolf
AJ - Izzy
Lissie
xXlunagirlXx
Julius Caesar
Quille
TheOriginalEliza™
izagrace04
IrisRoseworth
N.
lianhabanana!
little.fish.big.pond
Opal Drop

Everyone one of you guys are amazing, and it...

words

there just letter strung together
why do they mean so much to me?
why do they bring so much pain
to people who have them hurled
at them?

rearrange the letters
and what do you get?
"sword"
mix "words" around and 
you get "sword"

does it make sense now?

Untended Rose

i guess you can say my love for you is like a beautiful rose left untended; it died

Contest Deadline Change #standalonedialogue

I was wondering, would you guys like the deadline for my contest to be changed to March 1st? I'm flexible and that would give everyone a few more days to submit entries. If you think I should change the deadline, please comment on this piece!

an announcement

I suggested WtW to one of my friends and she made an account. well, I actually begged her to join because i wanted to have someone on this website that I know irl. Her username is IrisRoseworth and she hasn't published anything yet but she will. She is the nicest person I have ever met and everything she does is amazing! Please follow her. I know you guys will all love her as much as I do!

A Short Contest #standalonedialogue

Genre: Any type you want! 

Black Night #T2S

And people start crying, 'cause they never said goodbye.
They were treated like animals, and not human beings.
Now, that is truly insane.
Why can't we all love each other?
Because some are black as night?
Because some are snow white?
Because of that we fight like dogs and cats?
No, it's way more violent than that.
They don't fight us; They kill us.
I can just hope and pray that the next victim won't be me.
I won't be the one...

Why you chose to love me, I will never know

I'm truly sorry. I didn't expect anything to happen. I...I didn't expect the spark between us.
I guess, I just thought that I was unlovable. That no one, especially no one as perfect as you, could fall in love with me. Yet, it happened. Oh, it happened. And, I regret it. I regret loving you, just as much as you probably regret loving me.
Why'd you do it? You had Tasha. You had Leslie! You had Sydney, the hottest girl in the 10th grade for goodness sake!
Did you want some diversity? Did you want to be able to say, "yeah i dated a ugly girl once; made me appreciate the pretty one more"? For the love of God, just tell me! I know I made you suffer. It must have been difficult to look at all the hot girls passing by, then look as me, the one that you were dating. 
You know what? I don't care. It was your...

A Short Contest #standalonedialogue

Genre: Any type you want! 

Hair Die

"You can't dye your hair."
"Why not?"
"Because I'm your mom and I said so."
"Every other part of me is dead. Why not let my hair die too?"

Ask The Writer Answers

What's your opinion on fanfiction? 

Infinity Wars Haikus *contains spoilers*

Infinity wars
brings us all infinite pain.
We are forced to watch

The characters that
we have all grown to love
suffer and blow away.

The worst war ever.
At least that is how it seems
when your forced to watch:

Heimdall being axed.
The very first sacrifice
that Thanos would make.

Loki being choked
and dying a painful death.
No resurrections.

Gamora tumbling
off a cliff. She was wrong.
Thanos has a heart

Scarlet Witch sobbing
because she lost her boyfriend
and her twin brother

Doctor Strange dying
because he gave up the stone.
It's the only way

Peter feeling that
he needs to apologize
for trying his best.

Okoye seeing
the king she vowed to protect
fade away slowly.

Bucky calling Steve
while he desperately limps
towards his faithful friend.

Nick Fury trying
to contact the one person
who could save them all.

Thanos wasn't right. ...

Black Night #T2S

The sirens are screeching, making me deaf
Then, there's a loud boom, and a body falls down, dead.
His face, black as coal, stares up at the sky
And people start crying, 'cause they never said goodbye
They were treated like animals, and not human beings
Now, that is truly insane
Why can't we all love each other?
Because some are black as night?
Because some as snow white?
No, it's way more violent than that
They don't fight us; They kill us.
Everywhere: the park, the street, the bus
But I guess that's how society will always be
I can just hope and pray that the next victim won't be me
I won't be the...

A Short Contest #standalonedialogue

Genre: Any type you want! 

can y'all give me some questions to answer?

So, I've decided to do one of those ask the cliche writer things that everyone seems to do. I probably won't get a lot of questions from you guys since I'm not that popular on this website but that's alright.
And I don't care if your questions are boring questions such as "what's your favorite color". I just want to vent and be able to let you guys know a little more about myself. Although, I would really appreciate some interesting questions!
Please put your questions in the comments and I'll publish my responses later. I'll also make sure to give everyone credit for the questions that they asked!
ASK AWAY!!!

sleep?

i've never heard of this strange thing! it's a very weird concept. does anyone know how to obtain what u people call "sleep"?

Don't You Wish We Could Live In Your Fantasies?

My own fantasies have brought me so much pleasure, that when I return to the real world from my fantasy realm I am highly disappointed by the flaws of the hellhole we call earth. That's why, the last time I went to the world of my own fantasies, I stayed.

Discontinuing The Death Letter

A while back, I published a piece called The Death Letter--Prologue and said it was the beginning of a new series. And, I had a fleshed out plan of what the series was going to be about. However, I know realize that I would never be able to write something with such a complex plot. Plus, I absolutely suck at writing mysterious, which was what it was going to be. 
Only one person liked The Death Letter--Prologue, so I feel as if you guys wouldn't have been interested in it.

ASK AWAY!!!

A Short Contest #standalonedialogue

Genre: Any type you want! 

A Short Contest #standalonedialogue

Word Count: At least twenty words and no more than fifty. 

Genre: Any type you want! 

A Short Contest #standalonedialogue

Genre: Any type you want! 

We're All Weak

"Come on! You gotta eat!"
"Food is for the weak."
"Fine, just drink some water then!"
"Water is for the weak."
"Sleep is for the weak."
"LIVING IS FOR THE WEAK!!!"

Why's

Why? Why? Why? Why? Why? Why? Why? Why? Why? Why? Why? Why? Why? Why? Why? Why? 
That's all people ever seem to ask.
Well, let me ask you this: Why not?

Hair Die

"You can't dye your hair."
"Why not?"
"Because I'm your mom and I said so."

My Favorite Midnight Sounds

The soft murmur of the TV in the living room, which no one remembers to turn off
The tippity-tappity of the rain as it pounds against the rooftop
The creaking in the attic, the source of which I still don't know
The creepy rustle in the bushes, most likely caused by the sneaky raccoons
The whoosh of cars as they drive down the steep hill and past my house
The screech of my rickety bed as I move an inch to the right
My next door neighbor making a racket in her kitchen
My mom and dad both snoring in sync, forming an annoying yet catchy tune
My little sister talking to herself in her sleep, some nonsense about My Little Pony that I don't understand

Can you guys give me some advice?

Well, I guess that I need to tell you guys a little info before I ask for the advice.
I love soccer and softball. I started playing soccer when I was five and softball when I was seven. I really enjoy both, although I am hardly any good at softball. The first time that I've not done either was this year and the reason is because I've found a different hobby. Theater.
I've been in The Lion King Jr. as Banzai, Into the Woods as the Witch, The Lion, the Witch and the Wardrobe as Aslan and I am currently in the rehearsal process of Suessical as the Cat in the Hat. Last year, I did fall soccer, the spring musical, and spring softball. However, I quickly learned that it was not a good idea to do a sport at the same time as a show because it did not leave much time for my school work to be done. So,...

Dress Code Disaster Monologue

CANDI: O-M-G! This is so unfair! I-D-K why they want us to look like a bunch of clones! Does anyone care about fashion anymore? How can they possibly except us to be individuals if we all look exactly the same? This is so lame!
And what are we supposed to do with our current wardrobes? Do they even have a clue how much a shirt like this cost? Feel the material. It’s soft! Nothing at all like that scratchy cheap stuff they’re wanting us to wear! I’ll probably break out in a rash! I’ll be so busy itching, I won’t be able to concentrate. Those B’s I’ve been working so hard to get will be gone- like snap! And whose fault will it be? Theirs! The dumb school board and the principal and even the dumb students who actually voted for this disaster!
They’re taking away my right to express myself! They’re even talking about rules on hair bows! Can...

Book Review Competition 2019

Tomboy: The Graphic Memoir Book Review

What is a tomboy? Well, the Oxford Dictionary defines a tomboy as "a young girl who enjoys activities and games that are traditionally considered to be for boys". Okay. Sounds legit. But, is that really what a tomboy is? Because that doesn't seem right to me. I've been dubbed a tomboy since I was five years old. And that definition just seems so... simple. In my opinion, it doesn't seem to hold enough truth in it define a sort of life style. Well, Liz Prince thought the same.
When I first saw the graphic memoir, Tomboy, at my public library, I was captivated by it's cover. It was very plain, not anything fancy. On the cover was the typical girls bathroom symbol, but the head replaced with the face of a young teenage girl who wore an expression of annoyance. Being so plain, why did I grab it from the bookshelf? Well, the humbleness of the cover seemed to hold some...

A Guessing Game

Below are three haikus. They each describe a normal, household object. The goal is to guess what the object is. Just place your guesses in the comments. When you place your guesses, make sure you say whether it's for the first, second, or third haiku. Everyone gets three guesses, one for each haiku. If there is an object that no one has guessed yet, I'll give it about three days before I announce what it is and no one wins. However, these are relatively easy so I doubt that will happen. The first person to guess correctly for each object will get two reviews from me. One review will be whatever piece you prefer and the other will be whatever piece I prefer
Okay, here they are:

Soft and comforting.
The real thing makes you scream. Yet,
this version's cuddly.

A moment frozen,
showcased wherever want.
Stiff grins, weird poses.

La la la la or
do do do do. Whichever ...

Sleep Is Harder Than It Sounds

It's 2:18 A.M.! Why am I still writing?! I should be in bed! I have to get up early tomorrow to go to my doctors appointment! I should go to bed. I'm going to bed! RIGHT NOW!!!
Godamnit, I'm still up. And now it's...2:20 A.M.?! UGH! W H Y  C A N ' T  I 
J U S T  G O  T O  B E D!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
An update: It's 2:21 A.M.; I am wide awake despite the fact that my brain is telling me to go to sleep.

KeKe's Death Bed #spearmintcontest

"Come in," she said.
Her soothing voice tempted me to walk in. But, I didn't want to. The hospital room seemed to stuffy. With ten people already occupying the room, I was scared that entering would cause the space to get even tighter. 
There were cords on the floor, attached to some complicated machine that I didn't understand. The cords were tangled, and one even went up KeKe's nose, making her look funny. Although, she would have looked funny either way. Her small face looked more frail than usual. Her head didn't have it's usual volume of hair, but instead was shaved bald. And her smile. Well, her smile was still there. But, it seemed weak compared to the hearty smile that she usually wore. The smile that she wore when she would chase me around her backyard. The smile she wore when she would let me win at checkers. The smile she wore when she was healthy. 
My mom...

We're All Weak

"Come on! You gotta eat!"
"Food is for the weak."
"Fine, just drink some water then!"
"Water is for the weak."
"Sleep is for the weak."
"LIVING IS FOR THE WEAK!!!"

Some Shout Outs

Ok, so, I don't have a lot of followers compared to literally everyone else on this website. But, even so, I have more than I expected to have considering the fact that my writing sucks and I do not have a creative bone in my body. Given that I now have twenty followers (I know, a pitiful amount) , I would just like to thank a couple people:

Plausible.Poems - My very first follower! It brought me joy to look at my dashboard and see that someone actually liked my writing enough to follow me

rosemarywisdom - Has been very supportive of my writing and is always commenting nice things (especially for my Infinity Wars Haikus) 

Mangolover - My partner for The Roadside Writing Club this month. The review of my book review was amazing and I still look back at it while I'm making some final touches to the piece

Thx to all of these wonderful people! I appreciate...

The Me That Isn't Me #supposedtobe

I guess you could say
I'm not me.
I try to be everyone
else but me.
If I were to tell you
all about who I am,
you would stare at me
in disbelief.
Because who I describe
is not the person that
stands before you.
The me I describe is:
quirky,
awkward,
obsessive,
plain.
But, the me that you see
is none of those things.
Because I think that maybe
if I try to fit in
I will feel better about myself.
And, I guess you could say,
I do fit in now
but unnaturally.

To The Real World

I used to think that I could go anywhere I want in life. Then, reality struck like a thunder bolt. You can't go anywhere you want in life if everywhere you wanna go is all in your head.

To The Real World

Book Review Competition 2019

Tomboy: The Graphic Memoir Book Review

The Death Letter--Prologue

Dead.
That's first page of that strange letter had written on it. It written in sloppy handwriting, as if whoever had written it was in a rush. Absolutely nothing else. What the heck does that mean? I thought. I checked the envelope to confirm that it had my name written on it. It did.
I turned the page over:
Kayla Mann
Stuart Grant
Michel Saunders 

Tammy Todds
Doris Houston'
Ida Singleton

What the heck? That made not sense whatsoever. I knew Micheal Saunders and Ida Singleton. Micheal and I had been best friends since third grade. And Ida and I, well, we were worse enemies and had been ever since she tried to push me into a pool. Both of them were alive. And lived on the exact same street as me. 
So, what was that all about? Who as sent me this weird letter with a random list of names? And, why did it say dead on the front...

2019

Recipe for a Kinda Good Year

A handful of wishes because wishes are the first step to making your dreams come true.

A dash of reality because you're going to need to face it at one time or another.

A butt-load of friends because when you can't believe in yourself, they will.

A spoonful of love because it's the one thing that can last forever.

Just a dash of weirdness because what's a new year without a little craziness?!

Restrained Hatred

Sometimes I remember what you did
and I wanna punch you in the face.
I wanna kill you
and everyone you love.
But, then I remember
if I were to perform
such a horrible deed
I would be just as evil
as you.
And we don't want more
people like you in this world,
no do we?

I Have A Weird Request...

Can you guys comment a list of weird dialogue? I wanna see if I can take those and incorporate them into a story. Any random dialogue is open so go nuts!!! Also, I'll give you recognition in my story and, if I'm not already, follow you (I need to start following some more people anyway)!
Thx!!! 

HAPPY VALENTINES DAY!!!

I hope all of you guys are having a better Valentines Day than I am. Today was a Snow Day for my school, so we didn't get to have our normal Valentines Day celebration. They switched the celebration to tomorrow, but I won't be at school tomorrow because my little sister is getting surgery and I want to be their while it's happening. On top of that, I've never had a "special someone" during Valentines Days while literally all my friends do. No one loves me!!!
Happy Valentines Day to all of you and I hope that you haven't had the misfortune that I've had.

Writing Resolutions

Writing Resolutions

Let's see...
Well, shoot! What are my goals? Do I even have any?
I guess... I just need to stop telling myself that every idea I have is a bad one and just write! (Although, most of my ideas are bad ideas)
Oh, and I also need to work on my grammar. Because my grammar sucks.

Hide #supposedtobe

There's only one way to avoid the realities of this wretched world: HIDE

Hide #supposedtobe

There's only way to avoid the realities of this wretched world: HIDE

Book Review Competition 2019

Tomboy: The Graphic Memoir Book Review

Book Review Competition 2019

Tomboy: The Graphic Memoir Book Review

What is a tomboy? Well, the Oxford Dictionary defines a tomboy as "a young girl who enjoys activities and games that are traditionally considered to be for boys". Okay. Sounds legit. But, is that really what a tomboy is? Because that doesn't seem right to me. I've been dubbed a tomboy since I was five years old. And that definition just seems so... simple. To me, it doesn't seem to hold enough truth in it define a sort of life style. Well, Liz Prince thought the same.
When I first saw the graphic memoir, Tomboy, at my public library, I was captivated by it's cover. It wasn't anything fancy. In fact, it was very plain. On the cover was the typical girls bathroom symbol, but the head replaced with the face of a young teenage girl who wore an expression of annoyance. So, if it was so plain, why did I grab it from the bookshelf? Well, the plainness seemed to...

Black Night #T2S

Now, that is truly insane
Why can't we all love each other?
Because some are black as night?
Because some as snow white?
No, it's way more violent than that
They don't fight us; They kill us.
I won't be the...

Extraordinary in the Ordinary

A Rainbow of Paints

You can fit a rainbow in your hand
And let your imagination take control
Just take the bristles of the brush
Dip them into the rainbow
And once it makes contact with the paper
You are in charge.
You can make a rainbow
Even more beautiful than it already was

The Vistas Beyond

A Kinda Trashy Night

The metallic cans littered on the street reflected the moon light, making the street seem like a runway. The few trees that were there were barren and had balloons tangled in their branches. Starry night are overrated if you ask me, but trashy nights can be beautiful if your window has a good view.

Infinity wars
brings us all infinite pain.
We are forced to watch

The characters that
we have all grown to love
suffer and blow away.

The worst war ever.
At least that is how it seems
when your forced to watch:

Heimdall being axed.
The very first sacrifice
that Thanos would make.

Loki being choked
and dying a painful death.
No resurrections.

Gamora tumbling
off a cliff. She was wrong.
Thanos has a heart

Scarlet Witch sobbing
because she lost her boyfriend
and her twin brother

Doctor Strange dying
because he gave up the stone.
It's the only way

Peter feeling that
he needs to apologize
for trying his best.

Okoye seeing
the king she vowed to protect
fade away slowly.

Bucky calling Steve
while he desperately limps
towards his faithful friend.

Nick Fury trying
to contact the one person
who could save them all.

Thanos wasn't right. ...

Strike

The Gender Injustice in Our Schooling System

How come Jack can come to school with his chest fully exposed, yet Jacqueline can't even show her shoulders? How come Daniel can curse during class all he wants, but Danielle gets in trouble for saying "hell"? How come when come Patrick can put his hand up Patrica's shirt, but the principal blames Patrica for wearing an "exposing outfit"? How come Nat can be two weeks with a homework assignment, but Natalie can't be two minutes late? How come "boys will be boys", but girls are always responsible for everything they do? 

Tiny Love Story

Love Does Not Know Opposites

I was Team Iron man. He was Team Cap. But, we both agreed that the ending of Infinity Wars sucked.
I loved Newsies. He loved Hamilton. But, we listened to both soundtracks when we were bored.
I was a Democrat. He was a Republican. But, we both wanted the best for our country.
I was a vegetarian. He was a meat lover. But, we were both big foodies.
It doesn't matter whether you can't agree on most things. In the end, the only thing you need to agree on is that you’re in love. Nothing else in the world matters.

Extraordinary in the Ordinary

A Rainbow of Paints

You can fit a rainbow in your hand
And use that rainbow to create something new.
Just take the bristles of the brush
Dip them into the rainbow
You are in charge.
You can make a rainbow
Even more beautiful than it already was