hannahraye03

HANNAH GUTTU, is the world-famous author of her plethora of unfinished notebooks full of stories. She is also a singer of the world-renowned shower. She loves to write, play her violin, and sing on her freetime.

Poetry and Spoken Word Competition 2019

r a i n

The sky is getting darker. Dark and thick clouds covering the mid-day sun. People becoming more and more cautious while driving, awaiting the droplets of moisture coming from the sky full of heavy clouds. 
Rain. 
Here it comes. The sound of tapping on your window, when no one’s there. The feeling of having to run out in the moisture, hoping to not get wet even though, you didn’t bring an umbrella. 
Rain. 
The dark clouds can bring fear, happiness, anger, even relaxation. It can be the end of a drought. The beginning of a hurricane. The cause of every driver on the road to forget everything they learned about driving when they were 16. 
Rain. 
It can be peaceful. It can be brutal. 
Rain. 
It can destroy. It can create. It can be restful. It can be unforgiving. 
Rain. 
Like the nursery rhymes say… 
“Rain, rain go away. Come on back another day…”  
“It’s raining, it’s pouring, the old man is snoring…” 
Rain. 
The...

2019

A Recipe to Avoid Disaster (2019)- Hannah Guttu

After a whirlwind of a year we called 2018, it's time we own the year and NOT the other way around. Here's what you'll need in order to make a successful year.
----
365 days of being kind to one another.
3,802,065,400 women building each other up, instead of tearing each other down.
1 incompetent, arrogant, and ignorant president to hopefully be put in his place and out of the White House.
132,000 United States schools being protected from unwanted gunfire.
7.53 billion people making an effort to try and reverse climate change.
1 or more scientists to find a cure for cancer.
311 Million rich people donating their money to help end poverty. 
7 continents making an effort to keep the peace with each other.
195 countries securing education for children.
1 world to realize that being LGBTQ+ is okay.
And to however many people reading this, 2019 is a fresh start. Go out and make the world a better place...