Sky kingdom

Elise Nascimento

Seafoam

Chapter 1
The inkwell sat perfectly on the desk of my cabin my father’s new boat, the S.S Inkhunt was a hunting boat, bigger than a normal vessel, but nothing out of the ordinary. I liked this vessel, but I hated living on the sea far more than most things, but the salt air made me feel better. I looked into the salty sea. Faron yelled, “There's a squid down there fellas!” I rolled my eyes. Men started piling with their hooks and harpoons trying to catch the poor thing. Every since the supply of ink was depleted my father went hunting the squids to sell it. “Fools” muttered. I looked at them diving into the sea, through the window of the cabin. I turned back to my window and continued my drawing. I made my own ink. It was waterproof and my journal’s paper was also waterproof, but father never listened to my idea. I looked at my window...

In the House

The Bow

In my room, there are various items from plush to a balloon without air taped to the wall. The most bizarre item is a bow for a string bass paired with a binder with some songs within. Thing is that there is no string bass in the household for the bow and music to with. The bow is tightened, and some of the hairs are loose. I brought the bow home several months earlier form my sudden join to the Orchestra after some time in Gym class. I wanted to leave, I had no friends and some people had malicious intentions. Orchestra was one of the best times in my life. I left, for why I still don't know. When I returned the bass I packed it up I forgot it. So now it sits on white shelves with the music book. Dormant. A reminder of my bad decision to drop the art for the ear.

In the House

The Bow

In my room, there are various items from plush to a balloon without air taped to the wall. The most bizarre item is a bow for a string bass paired with a binder with some songs within. Thing is that there is no string bass in the household for the bow and music to with. The bow is tightened, and some of the hairs are loose. I brought the bow home several months earlier form my sudden join to the Orchestra after some time in Gym class. I wanted to leave, I had no friends and some people had malicious intentions. Orchestra was one of the best times in my life. I left, for why I still don't know. When I returned the bass I packed it up I forgot it. So now it sits on white shelves with the music book. Dormant. A reminder of my bad decision. 

Turned to Stone

Super Selfie

The pizzas were warm, and boxing them was as tedious on Friday. I hated my job. I looked both ways and flashed my phone and looked at my stream. Only twenty-five followers, I rolled my eyes and then checked my other platforms nothing more than thirty followers. I took a selfie with a pizza, trying to pretend I have a life. I looked at my miserable feed of only three pictures, so heavily filtered. I continued to fold pizza boxes and slide the cheap pizzas in the boxes. I left the building and went to my miserable apartment. I looked at my feed again, nothing new. What’s the point of life? Mine is so boring, I looked at my window and thought I could jump. As soon as I balanced on the window seal looking at the stories below. Then my phone buzzed, there was a spontaneous strain of followers. I had to post a picture, I pulled up the...

Open Prompt

Spooky Houses

The others around me didn’t believe me but the with the keys in hand I walked in with them behind me. The creaky old house smelled like dust and age, the drama king behind coughed, “Adrian if you don’t want to go in then you can go! We going in, no matter what.” I glanced back at him, “Lighten up, Emma!” Evie said. I held my camera tightly, it was an old camera and the entire group walked in behind me. “How about we split up?” Evie said. The light that spilled into the room revealed some stairs that split into two stairwells. “How about me and Arabella go to the left?” Evie said cooly. The than a noise in the distance, sound like a yell.
“Kay me and Arabella are going to the noise. This will make the best headline for the school blog!!” Evie squealed. She grabbed Arabella’s hand and ran up the stairs.
    The situation then...

Extraordinary in the Ordinary

The Labor of Space

The stem was smooth and twisted
The fruit was bright 
Producing light
Making the eyes glitter
Thousands made every year
The sounds of twinkling in your ears
While the setting is dark 
If the orchards are looked upon 
The only thing is the fruits, the stars

Novel Writing Competition 2018

Seafoam

The inkwell sat perfectly on the desk of my cabin my father’s new boat, the S.S Inkhunt was a hunting boat, bigger than a normal vessel, but nothing out of the ordinary. I liked this vessel, but I hated living on the sea far more than most things, but the salt air made me feel better. I looked into the salty sea. Faron yelled, “There's a squid down there fellas!” I rolled my eyes. Men started piling with their hooks and harpoons trying to catch the poor thing. Every since the supply of ink was depleted my father went hunting the squids to sell it. “Fools” I muttered. I looked at them diving into the sea, through the window of the cabin. I turned back to my window and continued my drawing. I made my own ink. It was waterproof and my journal’s paper was also waterproof, but father never listened to my idea. I looked at my window even...

Novel Writing Competition 2018

Seafoam