Fernweh

I left the reality for a dream, and that dream, left me in the painful reality of life.
One more time we are strangers, but this time with memories.
I wish time had better timing for you and me.

"Lie to me again".
She whispered.
"I love you".
He said.

-----

Currently hosting a very unique contest!
Check it out by searching for #SomethingUnique

Another contest but I promise, its #SomethingUnique

Ok, before you protest, I know there is a literal contest shower happening out there, but I am not as connected to WtW as I would like to be and I am not always getting ideas for writing. So, this contest is my only connection to you all.

My first contest was kinda a slap to my face, considering the fact that only three entries showed up but hey, at least three people believed in me! So, this time, I have learned my lesson (hopefully).

I am including more prompts and I will probably repost it practically every hour. So, I really really hope you will consider entering it.  

RULES –
1. Please refrain from excessive writing sexual scenes (kissing is approved!).
2. I would prefer not too aggressive and violent but if the story requires it, I will totally support you.
3. Since there are going to be many prompts, you can submit only one entry for each...

Op-Ed Competition 2020

Domestic Violence Doesn’t Discriminate Between Male and Female

In June 2017, Alex Skeel, 22, from Bedfordshire was discovered '10 days away from death' when police knocked on his door, leading to an investigation that saw the mother of his two children jailed for more than seven years.

His girlfriend, Jordan Worth became the first female in the UK to be convicted of controlling or coercive behaviour.

Alex was in an abusive relationship for five years. He silently suffered the pain and abuse, because he loved his girlfriend. He believed that she would change but the more he remained silent, the more the abuse increased.

He felt helpless and lost. Cut away from his family, Alex had no one with whom he could share his pain. The situation worsened so much that Alex became used to the injuries inflicted on him. He felt no pain and believed that his girlfriend would kill him if he tried to seek help.

Alex Skeel is not the only man in the word...

The Unsung Labourer | #30TheOtherAngle

Devrath slashed his knife through the dense forest of Assam. He constantly kept looking back, afraid that they were just behind him. After running for a few hours, he came to a stop beneath a large tree. He sat down gingerly.
His body was weak from the years of manual labour and starvation. He was miles away from his village and he had no idea how to return.
Suddenly, he heard the sound of heavy footsteps and hushed whispers. They were coming for him. Devrath tiredly got up to his feet and started to run. His eyes were heavy from the fatigue and hunger.
He gave a scream as he tripped over a fallen tree bark. “I heard him! That filthy Indian is here somewhere! Spread out and look for him!” one of the firangis shouted. Devrath did not understand their language but he knew that it won’t be long before he was caught.
He tried to get up but...

dear soulmate, ... | #NinjasContest_2

Dear Soulmate,

In the era of texting and phone calls, I have chosen to be ignorant and instead write you a letter. But what can I do? For letters seem to represent a better form of care and love that I have recently begin to feel for you. I am clueless as to when our formal relationship turned into something more intimate. I do not have the faintest idea when I began to fall for you. Perhaps it was when you held my hand during the countless surgeries and assured me that I will get better or perhaps when you were beside me when I cried my heart out. I will never know. Thus, I choose to believe, that a beautiful occurrence of small moments enabled me to fall in love with you.

I remember the first time I saw you. I remember waking up to your soft humming as you rushed around my ward, cleaning up the mess...

dear soulmate, ... | #NinjasContest_2

Dear Soulmate,

local disappears overnight, body not found, presumed dead

“Local Disappears Overnight, Body Not Found, Presumed Dead.”

Kai scanned the headline once again. This is me?

“I presume that would be you?” The giver of the newspaper said with an amused smirk on his face. Kai stood up. “You think its funny?” He snapped. Anger was coursing through his veins.

“My family is probably assuming that I am dead when the truth is, I am here, alive and captured by you. What do you want from me?’ He threw the newspaper in his face.

“Easy there Rambo.” He replied coolly. “Do you think I want to be here, in this stink village, feasting on urchins like you?”

“Feasting? What do you mean by feasting?” Kai asked.

Just then the door to the dungeon in which he was captured, opened. Two people entered. As they came inside, the light from the small holes in the stone wall fell on them, illuminating them.

“Zeeva!” Kai...

his martyr son | #Samina50

Murlidhar came out of his small house. There was still some time left for the sun to fully rise. He fetched his sacred saffron cloth. Draping the cloth on one shoulder, he took a small round bronze pot in his other hand and began the walk to the banks of the Ganga river.

The bronze pot was beautifully engraved in images of holy gods and goddesses from the Hindu iconography. The most prominent god on the small pot was the Sun God, Surya.

The walk from his village to the Ghats of Ganga was not long, yet Murlidhar was panting and wheezing by the time he reached the steps constructed on the banks of the Ganga. He often forgot that he was an eighty-year-old man now. He could still remember his youthful days. How the same walk that felt hours long today felt only seconds long in those days. Murlidharsmiled to himself as the memories of his...

Chapter - 4 | Finally...

Chapter - 4
Link to previous three chapters:
Chapter - 1
Chapter - 2
Chapter - 3
_______________________________________________________________________________________________________

Chapter | 4

The man in the black robes cursed under his breath as he opened the door of the dilapidated mansion. A beautiful mansion layered by illusions. The man had easily seen through the illusion. It was set up to keep away from prying eyes.

Once inside, he was greeted by the extravagant interiors of the mansion.

Not a day to our arrival and she has already decorated the house, he thought to himself. The mansion had high wood ceilings with charming ornamental decorations as borders. Almost every room had a crystalline chandelier. The mahogany and rosewood furniture in the living room were carved with exquisite designs. They had a royal and ancient tinge to them. All the sofas and armchairs had soft blue velvet coverings.

He entered the library, closing the double doors behind him. The high oak...

Chapter - 3 | Please review

Chapter - 1
Chapter - 2

CHAPTER | 3

A sharp intake of breath. A gasp for air in her water-filled lungs. A hysterical cough. A bout of water shooting out of her mouth. This was definitely not how Aurum had planned to make her entry in heaven.

Aurum rolled in the mud from the intense pain reverberating in her side. Rubbing her eyes, she slowly got up. Steadying herself, she opened her straining eyes.

And she found herself again at the beginning of her death.

“How in god’s name, am I alive?!” She shouted to no one in person. She turned towards the pond in which she had drowned. A leather bag rested at the edge of the pond. Not my bag, thought Aurum, then whose? She quickly ran over to the bag and began rummaging through its contents.

“Don’t you know it is rude to be sneaky with someone else’s belongings?” A voice said behind her.

Shit...

Chapter - 2

Link to the first Chapter:
Chapter - 1
_____________________________________________________________________________________________________________

Chapter - 2

Caspian hauled Aurum out of the pond with great difficulty. Heck, he thought, for someone so fragile looking, she sure weighs a lot. Suddenly, he lost his balance in the slippery mud around the pond and fell down with Aurum in his arms. He landed on top of her. Caspian groaned from the impact. His eyes landed on her face.

Aurum’s face was so peaceful. It almost felt as if she had wanted to die. For a moment, Caspian almost felt bad for trying to stop her from dying. No. He shook his head. He needed to remember his purpose.

He picked himself up and dusted his worn-out jeans. He positioned himself beside her. Kneeling down, he closed his eyes and raised his hand, right above her lifeless figure. Concentrating, he thought about her peaceful face and the feeling of being alive.

He felt his energy...

Chapter - 1 (Might be a little sensitive... This is a warning!)

Hello...Fellow members of WtW.
I have been off grid for some days. OK. Many days.
I would like to inform everyone that I have deleted the first two chapters of my novel.
I would be starting again. 
The content is same. However, It is more improved and more expressive.
Hope you all enjoy reading it.

Chapter - 1

Aurum always felt out of place. Even while trekking with her classmates in a breathtaking forest, whose name she couldn't remember, her spirit was wandering away.

As she tried to catch up with the crowd that had already left her behind, she watched in awe as an alluring silver and green butterfly came out of nowhere. It slowly circled around her before landing on her thin and lean shoulder. Intrigued by its beauty, she lifted her hand slowly to caress the butterfly’s fragile wings. But the butterfly fluttered away as soon as Aurum touched it. Aurum looked up to catch...

A Mother's Joy

A gift from heavens was bestowed upon her,
A line of immense gratitude was on her face as the little angel began to stir.
With great care, she clutched her bundle of joy close to her soul,
As she realized, that the little one had made her life complete to the whole.

Eyes made of innocence, heart composed of gold,
It was the greatest delight, any mother could ever hold.
Hands that wanted protection, soul that cried for adore,
Its cuteness was such that no one could ignore.

Even its little squeals of enthrall brought clusters of pleasure to her,
Even a little pain to it made her tears occur.
Its arrival had made her home, a garden of bliss,
With every worry, tension and sadness to dismiss.

It was a joy for hers to keep forever,
But has time stopped for anyone ever?
Up the little angel grew, too large for her to caress.
To go out in the...

Instagram

Click me a pretty selfie, Instagram
Lie to me yet again
Comfort me in your arms, Instagram
Assure me, I am not that plain

Tell me that the world loves me, Instagram
Tell me that I am not alone
Remind me to post my existence, Instagram
What if my friends think I am somewhere on my own?

Make me beautiful, Instagram
Remove all my imperfections
Let people see the fake me, Instagram
Nobody can know my corrections

Don’t leave me alone, Instagram
I am insecure of my flaws
Make me popular, Instagram
I can’t go back to where I was

Try to fit me in, Instagram
I can’t be ridiculed anymore
I can’t face my true self, Instagram
So, please put a filter on me once more.

My December Competition 2019

Asha

There is nothing about December that excites me. And yet, it is the only month that makes me feel its presence. 
Summer months shine away leaving a blur of memories behind, monsoon months pass away in drinking chai and eating hot pakoras, and autumn, autumn, sadly never makes its way to my country. 

But in the end, it is always December. December with my unexplored ambitions, unvisited destinations, and incomplete resolutions. 
If there is one thing that honestly entices me about winter, it is snow. Snow truly makes December more picturesque, more vivacious and more than just a month that needs to be passed over quickly to begin the new year. 

Unfortunately, snow in my city is as rare as clean air. All we can hope to get in Delhi is a hailstorm. Being from a middle-class family, I get to see both the ups and downs of this world. My parents come from small towns, while I grew...

My December Competition 2019

Asha

There is nothing about December that excites me. And yet, it is the only month that makes me feel its presence. Summer months shine away leaving a blur of memories behind, monsoon months pass away in drinking chai and eating hot pakoras, and autumn, autumn, sadly never makes its way to my country.

But in the end, it is always December. December with my unexplored ambitions, unvisited destinations and incomplete resolutions.

If there is one thing that honestly entices me about winter, it is snow. Snow truly makes December more picturesque, more vivacious and more than just a month that needs to be passed over quickly in order to begin the new year. 

Unfortunately, snow in my city is as rare as clean air. In fact, all we can hope to get in Delhi, is a hailstorm.

Being from a middle-class family, I get to see both the ups and downs of this world. My parents belong from small...

Novel Writing Competition 2019

Illicit

An old man kneeled on the polished marble floor in the middle of the city square. His hands were tied behind his back and his face was pressed to the ground.

The man's body was shrivelled from decades of hard work. But it was his back that caught her attention. A number of lines were etched on the bare and dark back. Thick blood trickled out of it.

Suddenly, a whip landed on his back. The sharp sound produced was almost immediately replaced by a blood-curdling howl of agony.

The man withered from the impact and then went still, as the light was extinguished from his dark eyes.

Qetsiyah woke up with a start. Her throat felt sore. Wincing with pain, she got out of her bed and walked up to the only window in her room.

A soft breeze was flowing outside the big and airy window. The clear air felt like ice on her sweat-beaded face. It went past...

Suggestions please?

Hi guys...
I am sorry that I have to do it like this but I am so clueless right now.

Okay...So, I really want to do this specific novel. And I have even posted the first two chapters of it under the names Chapter - 1 and Chapter -2 but it hasn't got any support. So, I am in a really big dilemma right now. Should I continue or not?

And since I can't decide on my own...I am gonna ask you guys coz you guys are like my writing advisers, you know?
Please Please tell me.... I really need some support guys.

You guys can check out the chapters and decide for yourself if I should continue it or not coz I want to...but if it is not good enough then i don't want to live in a false illusion.

Thanks to all the writers who found the time to read this.

the day we met #tirelessregret

I regret the day I met you.
Even though my hearts says no.
I still remember,
That night.
The night, we danced so slow.

Even in that crowd,
Your eyes were all I could see.
I was new to you,
And
You were new to me.

You gave me something,
Something to look forward to.
And I dreamt about,
About that moment,
At the end of the day, when my eyes graced you.

I could see it. 
You and me together.
We would talk,
We would laugh,
We would lose ourselves in each other.

When you talked to me,
I felt that deep content and
When I blushed, 
And I did it so bad,
You grinned so hard without any intent.

How couldn't you see it?
How couldn't you feel it?
That I was happy with you, complete with you.
And yet
You left me in my tears, the day the sky was moonlit.

Maybe I was the one at...

I am here to review!

"We all need people who will give us feedback. That's how we improve."
~Bill Gates

Recently, I saw a lot of people volunteering for reviewing and I am so thankful to them. Reviewing is such a wonderful and necessary job. And to contribute more to the cause, I too am willing to review pieces.

But unfortunately, I have a very busy schedule since my exams are going on and stuff (Its my 10th....I am sure all my fellow Indians will understand my pain) and hence I can only promise to publish a review once in 3 days.

But please do not stand back from telling me which pieces you would like to get reviewed...I will try my best to do it.
And also, I am not a great writer and I simply write by intuition.
So in order to see whether I am qualified enough to review your piece, you can go, check out my work and earlier...

#fantasygroup

1. Do you want to join this group?

Hell yeah, I am just a beginner and I really want to improve my writing. Plus, I am a big fan of fantasy novels. I a daydreamer, you know, like I can zone out in some fantasy even in the middle of an exam. See?

2. Would you prefer if I created the group by publishing the prompts, or an actual group like "Flash Fiction?" Explain.

I think that would be nice. Or this is just fine too. I am actually not great at advice, can I interest you in a sarcastic comment? XD

3.What is a catchy name for this group?

I think Fantasy League is good to go. (Plus, I am really late, so I can't even suggest right now.)

4. What do you consider "fantasy?"

I believe fantasy is that world where people escape to create absolutely nonsense things and situations. These things and situations might not be important...

Trust

After you, i stopped trusting people

Six-Word Story

Deaf

Can't you hear, I am screaming.

#MWTWF Story: How on earth did I find this paradise??

I honestly have no idea how to start. 
How about with my name?
Okay.

My profile name is HeadInTheClouds but my real name is Suhanee. In Hindi (India's official language), Suhanee means pleasant. It is an often used word in songs, poems and writings for describing the weather, a feeling or a person. 

I initially read Sudha Murthy, Ruskin Bond, Roald Dahl and Indian Folk Tales. By age of 11, my bestie introduced me to Harry Potter and I became hooked to it. I became a potterhead and looked forward to the library at my school. But managing my studies and reading became tiresome. As a result, I haven't read much and I am still trying to catch up. I began writing when I first wrote a poem for a school competition and came second. But at that time, I had no idea WtW existed. At the age of 14 (present age), I was angry with my mom for not...

Winners for ALOHA!!! WRITING CONTEST EVERYONE!!!!

Hello lovely people!!! I am really sorry for the delay in announcing the winners....I was quite caught up in my school work, exams and chores.

Anyways, where were we?

Yup. The competition.

Ok, the winners:

TOO HONORABLE MENTION:
Coffee Friday by Ryder

Okie-dokie...these are my views about your write-up:

Honestly speaking, I am a hardcore coffee person and book lover. So by combining these two things you have literally won my heart over. But, I felt that there wasn't much funny content in yours as compared to other writings. As i said before...you have written amazing and I love you. Thank you so much for entering and yes, two reviews, two likes and two comments on your favorite pieces coming up!!
P.S. Mention your two works or if you want it random.

THIRD PLACE:
Dandelion Day by  J.A.

Now...Views!!

I didn't imagine dandelions even in the one-kilometer radius of my widest dreams. UNEXPECTED!! I especially loved it when ranted at...

Last Call For ALOHA!!! WRITING CONTEST EVERYONE!!!!

HALLO PEOPLE!!!!

It is me again!!!! It is the last call for my competition ALOHA!!! WRITING COMPETITION EVERYONE!!!!
The due date is tomorrow and the judging is day after tomorrow while the announcement is the day after the day after tomorrow.
Please submit your entries fast.
Can't wait!!

Also:
-writinginhopesofsomeday- 
J.A.
Quille

Thank you guys so much for taking part!!!!! Love y'all!!! 

The Heartbroken Lover #TheVillainStory

I stare at the illuminated night. The stars are so bright today, I think as I shift my gaze from the stunning moonlight to the electric atmosphere below. There she is, my heartbeat suddenly picks up. Even in an open auditorium, with so much light and music and people, she was still noticeable. But why is she here, I wonder as the answer slowly forms at the back of my head. It is the crowning of the prince today. The prince. Her boyfriend. A low growl ripples through my chest. Luke shifts his attention from the apt army to me. “Noah. What is wrong?” he says in a silent but chilling voice. I remember my purpose tonight and say in my husky voice, “Nothing Luke. I just can’t stand here while that filthy Arcadian puts a crown to his head.” Luke stares at me with his steel-grey eyes. Even from a distance, I can see the shining metal...

Prizes for Winners for ALOHA!!! WRITING CONTEST EVERYONE!!!!

Ciao!

I am here with the prizes for winners in My FIRST EVER competition!!!
ALOHA!!! WRITING COMPETITION EVERYONE!!!!

PRIZES:
FIRST PLACE: A follow if I am not following you.
                     A review on five of your favorite pieces or random.
                     A comment on the same pieces.
                     A like on the same pieces.

SECOND PLACE: A follow if I am not following you.
                        A review on four of your favorite pieces or random.
                        A comment on the same pieces.
                        A like on the same pieces.

THIRD PLACE: A follow if I am not following you.
   ...

ALOHA!!! WRITING CONTEST EVERYONE!!!!

OK guys....you know me as Suhanee_The_Intellect....which means I should be the intellect typo but BAM!! I ain't!!! I am a crazy person and I HAVE A CRAZY COMPETITION FOR YOU...It's a test dedicated to test you craziness and how much can you stretch your  creativity for this craziness.

So....I want all of you create a crazy, silly and absolutely ridiculous holiday on anything and make a story about it. Yep....it can be a holiday about post-it notes or even about whiteboards or surfboards or cakes or clowns or anything.

Jurging would be done on the basis of how plausible and crazy you can make up the holiday as well as the follow up story!!!!

Good luck to all the crazy people out there!!!

Due date-12th December 2018

Everyone who is going to participate pls mention your story link on the comments section.

ALOHA!!! WRITING CONTEST EVERYONE!!!!

Due date-12th december 2018