The Dreamer

South Africa

16
Female
Baha'i
Reader
Writer
Artist
Puzzle solver
Ravenclaw
Demigod
Ballerina
Dragon rider

Hello there! I am a sixteen year old who believes that books and words are magic .I am born a South African and I live in George but I am also Persian, Brazilian and American ( mostly South African, Persian and Brazillian, though).I enjoy drawing and like to spend time outside. Just lying in the grass looking and listening. I LOVE reding because it transports me to a different world. I can escape from reality anytime I like. The Inkworld triology by Cornelia Funke ,The Waterfire Saga series by Jennifer Donnely and The Icemark by Stuart Hill are my favourite books.
How To Train Your Dragon is the best movie series ever ( and Harry Potter of course!).

Peer Reviews

I'm going to stare out my window and pretend that you love me,okay?

I love the title. It's cocky and grabs attention. Well done on a great poem!

3 months

a broken woman in an old world

This was very nicely done. Quite harsh and brutal to humanity, though!

4 months

yes i did put my own fictional character into asgard, edited a bit

Overall this was very exciting and intriguing. With just the right amount of i formation, I think. Just be very careful about switching tenses. Writing in present tense can someti es be akward and I find myself switching back to past because its more comfortable. So I suggest you write the story in the past, however if you really want to use present make sure to re-read it several times. Also so e of your sentences were a bit confusing but it happens to everyone. Great job and I cant wait to read more of this! Please let me know when you publish the next part! Stay safe. :)

4 months

The life they left us #30Why Should we change?

This was a well thought out story and it only had a few grammar issues which I highlighted. I think the messege was great and so was the ending. It would have been even better if you added a bigger build up before the ending. Something to really make the narrator angry. But overall great work! Never stop writing because thats when you stop improving. :)

4 months

inevitable pain

It was really great. Lovely imagery with a lot of thought an emotion in it. It had a great flow and I absolutlley loved the ending! Keep writing poetry.

4 months

Lost Dreams

PROMPT: Now to Then

I loved this. Mainly because I am also a dancer and I can fully relate (I stopped dancing for 2 years before going back again in 2018.). Besides that it was also written very well, in a way that really helped me feel the narrators feelings. I wish I could dance a solo or go to a dance intensive program... Anyway.... I just wanted to say that if dancing is your dream, you shouldnt give up. Yes its hard and we all feel like failures sometimes but dance is all about practice. You need to keep dancing and pouring all your emotion and passion into it.

7 months

The Naruto

PROMPT: Flash Fiction Competition 2019

12 months

Last Hope

PROMPT: Flash Fiction Competition 2019

Well done! This was a lovely story and an absolute pleasure to read. :)

12 months

Bystander

PROMPT: Flash Fiction Competition 2019

12 months

The Beginning of A Series

I think this story is really going somewhere. Just be careful that you don't fall too much into a cliche. Keep writing and well done! :)

about 1 year

#Feathers

I loved the way you used your words to create a lovely dream-like and yet sad atmosphere. Well done!

about 1 year

Colors #SFOW5

As for your dilemma of how to end it, I was thinking you could have the family disperse. So something like this: "It is time for calm Uncle cloud and bright Aunt Sun to leave, the children moan at this despairing event but all run towards Aunt and Uncle enveloping them in a hug of children. Then they all run out of the room, in a bit of chaos and dissapear into the house; giggling and bickering as they go." Great Job! I hope my comments were helpful!

about 1 year

The Rose #ManateeContest

I think it was beautiful. That's it nothing more or less can be said, but "it was beautiful" :)

about 1 year

Working Title Chapter #1

Congratulations, you are the first person here that I have seen actually re-write their piece multiple times and include advice given to them so as to perfect it. Really, well done. Amazing, I loved it!

about 1 year

Wavering Hope

PROMPT: My December Writing Competition 2018

Excellent job!

about 1 year

The Forest Scholar

PROMPT: Poetry and Spoken Word Competition 2019

Keep practicing I know you're going to write some great poetry. (Not that this one isn't)

about 1 year

Into A Silent World

This was really nice, short and sweet!

about 1 year

A Cool Autumn Breeze

This was a really simple but cute story and kept me interested all the way through. I suggest you use more imagery like similies and metaphors when writing your descriptions because your first one was really amazing. Just be aware that there were a lot of lower case I's. But that probably happened while you were typing. It happens to me too!

about 1 year

The Emerald Goblet: Chapter 1

I love Erin's quick thinking. I love that she could figure out where she stood very early on unlike some other heroines who who are quite dumb and speechless when just introduced to a new situation. I do however think that her hatred for Lord Cleffnin was a bit rushed. I know he was arrogant and his servants were afraid of him butin medieval times it was like that. Perhaps she should have some stronger evidence on which to dislike him. Other than that it was a great story and I will definatly read the next chapters as soon as my exams are over. Great job!

about 1 year

Unnoticed

That was really well done and to write it while you had wrtiers block. Wow! When I have writers block its such a challenge to squeeze an idea out of my head. Great build up of atmosphere and tension.

about 1 year

The Assassin

Well done! And I would honestly like to read more of this. Your descriptions are great and you have greated a deep character.

about 1 year

EXTRACT FROM MY SP

This was so good and I can't wait to read more but I understand that you want to keep it yours for a while longer. Also I read your SP synopsis. Just be careful that Req doesn't resemble Quill ( from Guardians of the Galaxy) too much. Because their backstories sound eerily similar. Other than that great work!

about 1 year

The Stable Boy

I hope this isn't the end. I really hope you continue this little saga because I know you can make it an amazing and gripping story. Well done and goodluck! :)

about 1 year

The Mermaid Behind The Waterfall

This was a lovely short story. You had a few grammar mistakes but everyone has those. You also tend to write really long sentences (don't worry I did too) but the more you write the easier it will be for you to know when to end a sentence. Well done!

about 1 year

In progress (re upload)

I can't wait to read more of this story. It has me captivated. I want to know more about this world, their prejudice of fairies and life in the palace. I know you said this was a school thing but could you please continue the story here as well because I would really love to read more. Great job, by the way!

about 1 year

The Colours of Magic Intro p.1

I really liked that. Well done! I can seethis is going to be a very intricate story with many twists and turns.

over 1 year

A Paper Rose #manateecontest

I liked this, honestly I did and I wish you would write more poetry.

over 1 year

Fourth Wall Love Story: Continued

Thisis probably the best short series I've read so far. It's creative, short, sweet and powerful. Well done and keep at it!

over 1 year

Fourth Wall Love Story: Continued

I really enjoyed this piece and am excited to read the rest of the series. Also i am curious why you called it Fourth Wall Love Story.

over 1 year

Hide and Seek: Chapter Three

I can't wait for the next chapter and to see where this story goes. I am excited to see how the mystery will continue to tie into everyday family life. Well done!

over 1 year

The Beginning of the End: Chapter One

I can't wait for the next chapter. Something about this makes me want to read more and more. I totally respect your desicion to keep their friendship only a friendship. I think there aren't enough of those stories where the best friends DON'T fall in love. Well done!

over 1 year

Always Watching

PROMPT: Novel Writing Competition 2018

over 1 year

On the Last Day of the World

PROMPT: On the Last Day of the World

That was lovely. Really well thought out and stimulating. It makes me wonder what I would like to do on my last day.

over 1 year

The Real Queen

It was lovely. It flowed and the simple but strong english made a real impact. Wonderful!

over 1 year

Perfection/Despair

That was really touching and memorable. Please continue to write pieces as wonderful as this. Great job!

over 1 year

2058

PROMPT: Novel Writing Competition 2018

Well done!!!

over 1 year

NICOLE

PROMPT: Turned to Stone

If this was a book then I would definatly buy it just to know the conclusion of the mystery.

over 1 year

Queen of Swans

It was magical! Now I know what people mean when they say:" short and sweet".

over 1 year

About the Sea

PROMPT: "About the Sea"

It was wonderfully poetic and had a good rythm or flow to it.

over 1 year

About the Sea

PROMPT: "About the Sea"

That was lovely. It was reall, really touching. I loved it!

over 1 year

Anna's Lab

PROMPT: Novel Writing Competition 2018

It was a great story and still has me wondering. Please write a second piece! I need to know the rest of the story!

over 1 year

Thief #paperbirdcontest

I think it was great. It was suspensful and gripping and I couldn't stop reading. Do not worry about your transitions they were great. It was an incredibaly detailed piece. I really enjoyed it! Keep going!

over 1 year

The Urban Jungle

PROMPT: Urban Jungle

I know what yoy mean about Times Square. I have never been there but I share the same frustration when people talk about how the most beautiful places on Earth are urban cities. Part of me wishes that we could go back 2 hundred years to when towns were not so urbanised andpeople appreciated nature. Great piece by the way!

over 1 year

Her Fate is known: Chapter 1

PROMPT: Novel Writing Competition 2018

I can't wait to see what happens next and to get a backstory of what her job is.

over 1 year