Trees, man, trees

At first I tried, but I wasn't having fun
so I stopped trying
and LET ME TELL YOU
writing is a lot more fun when you anticipate a poor, and in turn, funny, project
ALSO my grammar succcccs, so don't expect much UwU

Flash Fiction Competition 2019

scree

nope
ew this is a cringe mess Jazzy would never do me wrong like this smh

Flash Fiction Competition 2019

scree

Sponges are known for soaking up messes…
7:80 am: parents are fighting again
12:00 am: football practice went poorly
1:30 pm: boyfriend’s sorely
“You’re an actual bloodstain.”
leaking
3:30 pm: finances are a ghost
5:00 pm: homophobic parents 
“This isn’t about you. Your parents don’t make hateful comments.
6:00 pm: didn’t get enough likes on a post 
mold
7:00 pm: too much school work 
“I have it worse, you shouldn’t need to cry.”
The sponge works less and less every day.
much to everyone’s dismay.
I guess no one told them you have to wring sponges dry

Fantasy Writing Competition 2019

Being Unstable Isn't a Good Leadership Quality

"Chaos consumed the masses as my predominant ship haphazardly steered into the docks. Screaming, singing, cheers, and melancholy groans could be heard from just about every street in Amare. aboard my ship pirates, buccaneers, thieves, and social outcasts sang shanties, expressing their joy in the newfound access to a world of stealing, killing, and endless drinking."
    Cynthia glanced around the tavern, observing the greasy drunks loitering in their natural habitat: a tavern, appearing to be held up by six nails and rotten wood planks. "Why wouldn't you choose to restock in a nicer city? Amare isn't known for its quality."
    "We'd steal the alcohol from taverns, raid the homes of the wealthy, and wreak havoc just for the sake of it. The guardsmen are lower quality here, so there's no risk. Now, interrupt me again with a stupid question, and I might just have to give Noah the new captain position when I retire." He...

Fantasy Writing Competition 2019

Cynthia glanced around the tavern, observing the greasy drunks loitering in their natural habitat. "Why take the risk and steal here? I mean, look around us and tell me that any person in here holds value."
    "We'd steal the alcohol from taverns, raid the homes of the wealthy, and wreak havoc just for the sake of it. Now, interrupt me again with a stupid question, and I won't finish the story you so desperately wanted to hear." He waited as Cynthia rolled her eyes and nodded in agreement before taking a shot and continuing. "As you know, pirates...

Book Review Competition 2019

Dear Evan Hansen

"It's better to burn out, right, than to fade away." Dear Evan Hansen, a novel written alongside the award winning musical Dear Evan Hansen was written by Val Emmich, Benj Pasek, Justin Paul, and Steven Levenson. This novel heavily alludes to messages such as suicide and depression, but in no way glorifies them. This was a major plus I found while reading, as I've seen a lot of media in the past that has. instead of being a sad novel about how awful life is for teens, it takes action and has provided a ridiculous amount of support for its viewers. Crude language and depressing events resulted in the novel having a slightly older demographic, comprised mostly of young teens. Despite this, however, Dear Evan Hansen is about kids trying to discover their place in society. It's a friend for anyone who feels they don't belong. I've personally made about half my friends through bonding with people over how cordial...

Book Review Competition 2019

Dear Evan Hansen

Book Review Competition 2019

Dear Evan Hansen

"It's better to burn out, right, than to fade away." Dear Evan Hansen, a novel written along side the award winning musical Dear Evan Hansen was written by Val Emmich, Benj Pasek, Justin Paul, and Steven Levenson. This novel heavily alludes to messages such as suicide and depression, resulting in a slightly older demographic, comprised mostly of young teens. Despite its sometimes crude language and depressing display, Dear Evan Hansen is for young teens trying to discover their place in society. The story in no way glorifies suicide or depression. Instead, it's a friend for anyone who feels they don't belong. A guiding hand for anyone who feels like the branches will always cover sunlight at the top of a tree. You can always improve. The sunlight will come. Some people have trouble fitting in, thinking they just can'tfit into a box. Dear Evan Hansen spreads the message that you are you, and that's okay. No lying or acting....

Tiny Love Story

Art

A mutual love for something can bring two people together. A special connection is formed every time two people read the same book, study in the same field, or even share a movie theater.  Art may look ugly or pretty, bold or shy, and even angry or calm. You don't have to love art, but the only way to truly love someone else, is to see their art; see who they truly are. In that way, art is the most lovely thing in the world. No one could love and be passionate without it. I love art.

Tiny Love Story

Art

A mutual love for something can bring two people together. A special connection is formed every time two people read the same book, study in the same field, or even share a movie theater.  Art may look ugly or pretty, bold or shy, and even angry or calm. You don't have to love art, but the only way to truly love someone else, is to see their art; see who they truly are. In that way, art is the most lovely thing in the world. No one could love and be passionate without it. 

Novel Writing Competition 2018

The Flickering of Stars

I nervously plucked my phone case off my phone in my pocket, only to then put it back on, and repeat. Desperation to rid myself of my adrenaline induced energy kept me participating in such trivial tasks. I sat crouched outside the back of an old bar, relishing in the visual protection a small trashcan gave me. A small, almost dead street lamp flickered rhythmically on my back, casting the small shadow of a petite boy with a wavy blob plopped on top.      
    Steven sat inside the bar, getting drunk and progressively more careless. It was in times like these in which I wished he'd be more like the boss he is, and not a deranged father. Being 15, I couldn't go inside, so I was sentenced to a night waiting behind a trashcan, hoping no one would notice my presence. I sat in wait for ten minutes, which soon turned into 20. That's when things started...

Novel Writing Competition 2018

The Flickering of Stars

Steven sat inside the bar, getting drunk and progressively more careless. It was in times like these in which I wished he'd be more like the boss he is, and not a deranged father. Being 15, I couldn't go inside, so I was sentenced to a night waiting behind a trashcan, hoping no one would notice my presence. I sat in wait for 10 minutes, which soon turned into 20. That's when things started happening.  ...

Novel Writing Competition 2018

The Flickering of Stars