Christy Wisdom

Hello people! What to say? I'm a Christian girl. I like to write. I write tons of poetry, some short stories, and other things.
God bless you!
Shouganai
-I wish I could speak every single language, wouldn't that be cool ?

You can be nostalgic for a place you've never been if you've been there in your imagination.

strokes of paint on canvas/those are my words on a page/watch as the ink blots drawn from the depths of my mind/stain papers as they grow yellow with age/wonder if they will live forever/in the imagination and thoughts of someone/for sometimes you'll find if the words are important/blotting them out is not easily done

Thank you to all who have supported me, and feedback is always welcome!
Also, if you comment on a piece of mine, I will generally respond to it at some point.

Peer Reviews

Thoughts from a Bus Ride

PROMPT: Solitary Contentment

I really enjoyed this poem, and it's really good. However, I don't really understand what forgetting to take your medicine has to do with stifling your creative instinct. Is there perhaps a way you could tie this in more, or maybe change the line? It just seems sort of out of place. Anyways, keep writing, your pieces are great!!

over 2 years

An Escaped Epiphany

This is such a good poem. Short and sweet, with a metaphor that I can understand. I think sometimes authors come up with really good metaphors, but then it's hard to understand from the reader's point of view, so I like that this one made a lot of sense. I really enjoyed this poem :) Happy writing!

over 2 years

Stay Awake, or Writing a Poem About Not Sleeping at 3AM, Which Contributes to the Problem I Suppose

I have to say, I really love this poem. I like how it plays with the concept of what insomnia feels like, and at the same time wanting to stay awake because you're afraid of the shapes in the darkness of your eyelids, and the idea that if you're all alone, who's to say you're still alive. Again, really great poem. Probably one of my favorites of yours :) Happy writing!

over 2 years

The story

Overall, this is a cool story. I really liked it, and I think if you expanded a little more on a couple details, it could make it even better. Some of your grammar is incorrect, so I highlighted that. Even so, good work, and keep writing! Feel free to talk to me if you have any questions.

over 2 years

Flower for the Season

This is really cool! A couple things to fix, but it's still really good.

almost 3 years

Never Be

This was a really great piece with a really deep meaning! I like how the reader only truly realizes the meaning of it if they read through the whole piece thoroughly. Keep up the good work!

almost 3 years

wow

PROMPT: Novel Writing Competition 2018

Great work! I think this is competition-worthy! Best of luck.

almost 3 years

As a fellow Christian, I'm just glad that you decided to write this! Also, I just highlighted a couple of spelling mistakes if you feel like correcting them. Have a good day!

almost 3 years

golden hour - part one

PROMPT: Novel Writing Competition 2018

My main comment is that while I understand that swearing might make your characters seem more real, I don't think that it adds anything to the text. Besides, for those of us who are Christians and don't want others to take God's name in vain, it could detract from the novel (like it unfortunately did for me). Please understand that I am not trying to tear you down as a writer, but these are my thoughts on the matter and I would've enjoyed the story much more without the swearing.

almost 3 years

Falling For Nothing

PROMPT: Unconventional

While this prompt says no punctuation, and you used some, not everybody has to follow the prompt to the letter and it resulted in a pretty good poem!

almost 3 years

Scrap booking; Ch. 2

PROMPT: Beginish

This was a good piece!

almost 3 years

Healthy, wealthy, happy and free, which one is more important to you?

This was a good piece. It was well thought out, and provided a lot of interesting things to think about for those who would've chosen wealthy. However, I am curious as to what you would've said for those who would choose happy or free. I personally would've chosen happy. Overall, though, this is very good.

almost 3 years

On the Brink of Decay

PROMPT: Your World in Three Senses

You snuck in little details really well, like how she is familiar with church. The only thing I don't understand was the silk and linen. Where did these fabrics come from? Is she wearing them? That was the only thing that I think needed clarification. Otherwise, really good descriptions!

almost 3 years