mia.joy

Child of God
Pro-life!
Big sister
Ravenclaw
Pukwudgie
Athenian
Hunger Games Victor
Candor
Aspiring Author
Creative Thinker
Pianist
Artist
Cheerleader
Basketball...er
Volleyball...er?

'Don’t let anyone think less of you because you are young. Be an example to all believers in what you say, in the way you live, in your love, your faith, and your purity.' 1 Timothy 4:12

'Wit beyond measure is man's greatest treasure.' -Luna Lovegood
'Happiness can be found even in the darkest of times if one only remembers to turn on the light.' -Albus Percival Wulfric Brian Dumbledore : )

If you need someone for prayer, comment anywhere and I've got your back!

One-Liner

This World

The thing is, there's so much to this world that I can't fit it into a sentence. 

Smokey

This is the story of one great cat
He was found nearly skin and bone with his fur in a mat

He was called Smokey and he was one of a kind
With wispy grey fur and brilliant green eyes
He would return, day after day
And after a while, they decided he could stay
Call his name and he'd be there
He'd lay next to you, drooling with not a care
Though his affection was already off the chart
He still managed to find ways to leave gifts from the heart
Wake in the morning and step out of the house
Only to find he had left you a nice mouse

This was the story of one great cat
He lived a good life, and that is that.

Stunt Double

“Do you have any book recommendations?” I ask a grumpy looking librarian. Smiling, she reaches under her desk and pulls out a heavy book. Dropping it loudly onto the table, she replies “I think this one is just right for you. In fact, you might even relate to the storyline a bit.” She smiles again, but this time her face is contorted into something more foreboding. I thank the librarian and speed out the door, wondering how this stranger would know what I relate to. As I walk home, I look closer at the book. It has a silhouetted girl on the front, and the title is Stunt Double. Slightly put off by the dull cover and title, I continue my walk home, forgetting about the book and librarian.
    I arrive at my house, a scrawny townhouse with a well-kept yard, and grab a snack from my kitchen cabinet. Finding that I have nothing better to do, I decided...

Flash Fiction Competition 2019

Fire Born

"You sure there isn't a light switch down here?" Jaxon complains.
   Brushing cobwebs from my face, I reply, "This cave is 200 years old. There isn't going to be a light switch!" But the dark is getting to me too, so I do what I usually do in these circumstances, conjuring a flame on the tip of my finger. Suddenly, Jaxon springs away, staring dumbfounded at me.
   "H-how are you doing that?"
   "Can't you do it too?" I've always been able to form flame, I assumed everyone could.
   "Alexis, you know not everyone is able to conjure fire right?"

Random Thoughts and Deep Questions (or the other way around)

Why do you say "good-bye" but not "good-hi"?

What would have happened if Jesus just decided "Nah, humans aren't worth it. I think I wanna live"?

Say a random word over and over in your head. I bet you'll start thinking about how weird English is

What stupid American decided "Yeah, this sport you play almost completely with your feet, let's call it soccer. Oh, and this sport you barely ever use your feet for, let's totally call that one football!"

Why does America have to be so strange and complex in the first place?

Do cats and dogs think of humans as their pets?

When you say 'apart' your lips go together. When you say 'together', your lips are apart!

Home and house are synonyms, right? So you can say 'I'm running home' but saying 'I'm running house' doesn't make any sense.

What if the inside of a tornado is actually the entrance to another universe?

Dogs can understand several humans...

All the Answers

All she does is try to help
But what happens when it gets to be too much?
So many questions all at once
Everyone wants her to listen,
And they won't leave till they get what they want

Except
When she stops trying to explain
When she prevents them from that innocent glance
Down at her paper
Without any quick peeks at the neatly organized solutions,
She is useless to them

Who would want to be her friend?
When she won't just help them out
There goes their undeserved A's
The grudging friendship they've given her
For her unknowing aid

Frowning, they all back away
Whisper about this inconvenience
They forget she is sitting right in front of them
And continue to discuss all of her 'wrongdoings"
They thought she was their friend
For giving them all the answers

Dogs can understand several humans...

Banned From Existence - Chapter 3

Rafe
    I collapse onto the cold, hard ground in front of this new girl. Breaking through whatever barrier that was has physically taken something out of me, as if I just sprinted a mile. It hits me then; I’m not alone here. There is another living human being in front of me! We might be able to figure this out. I ponder this new development of my situation and grin the biggest grin ever known to Earth. Finally, I remember she’s sitting right there, and probably weirded out that I’m smiling at nothing, spaced off right in front of her when I just dramatically ran in on her crying.
    Crying…
    I look up, meaning to ask what’s wrong, but she’s not there. Crapcrapcrapcrapcrap. I panic and jump up from the floor, my adrenaline is back again. I can’t be alone here! I take a moment, deciding panicking will not work as well as collecting myself and thinking about this....

Hold On

My shoulders, my fingers, my wrists are aching; I can't hold on anymore.

Can You Imagine?

Can you imagine
if humans were nocturnal
or birds trumpeted like elephants
Can you imagine
if people walked on their hands
and it was a talent to take a stroll using your legs
Can you imagine
if we had long, flowing hair on our feet
and smelly, grimy toes on our head?

What if
thoughts and feelings weren't private
a house and food weren't readily provided for you
What if
friendship was against the rules
and love didn't exist
What if
injuries didn't heal
and fun was forbidden

Can you imagine
if an Almighty God didn't prevail
and humans were left to fend for themselves
to suffer forever?

He Cares

"But really, how do you know God is real?"   
    I (and many other Christians) get asked this question a lot, or a question along those lines.
    Think about it. What about the Bible? How could someone have accurately proposed those predictions without a man as righteous and omniscient as God telling them what to predict? Jesus dying on the cross and rising in three days, Kind David's children and grandchildren and great-grandchildren being Jesus' descedants, Abraham being the father of many nations! 
​    And for evidence that these stories aren't just misinterpreted lies or that someone wrote these predictions down years after they came true and claimed they were told to them by God, I have a true story for you.
    One day, some shepherds entered a cave near the Dead Sea and happened upon some clay jars. Like two-thousand-year-old jars. Inside, they included ancient versions of the Old Testament, scrolls that stated the...

Ten Words

What if
dogs meowed and birds snorted and cats mooed?

He Cares

Think about it. What about the Bible? How could someone have accurately proposed those predictions without a man as righteous and omniscient as God telling them what to predict? Jesus dying on the cross and rising in three days, Kind David's children and grandchildren and great-grandchildren being the descendants of Jesus, Abraham being the father of many nations! 
    One day, some shepherds entered a cave near the Dead Sea and happened upon some clay jars. Like two-thousand-year-old jars. Inside, they included ancient versions of the Old Testament, scrolls that...

Banned From Existence - Chapter 2

BOY:
    I finally calm down enough to take in my surroundings a second time. There really isn't much, just what I had seen before. The peculiar thing was when I tried to walk to the end of the room, it just kept going, like it was endless. Maybe it is...
    An hour later, I realize that spending the rest of my life banned from existence will make things extremely dull.
    Wait... am I even living? I think to myself. What exactly am I when I'm not existing? Dead? Alive? Imaginary? I was starting to think too carefully about that particular question when a girl's voice rang out from what seemed like a fairly far ways away. She was sobbing in distress, and rather than feel sorry for her, I was overjoyed. So there is someone else here! 
    Excited, I run in the direction of her voice, but the crying seemed to switch directions and come from another part...

WANTED: Word to Describe the Purest, Bestest Form of Happiness

A warm, rippling tub of water
French braids and t-shirt
Shorts and bare feet
Masses of churchgoers
The support of a father
"I now baptize you in the name of the Father, the Son, and the Holy Spirit"
he says
Embraced by the water,
to rise with Christ
Joy beyond compare

Down the rocky path
to the glistening lakeside
Chatting with a cousin
Towels and swimsuits and bare feet,
sand up our legs
Sun shines down on us
with the glory of God
I am content

Best friends
gripping each other's shaking hands
Blue and gold and white uniforms,
rustling pom poms
"And in first place," the judge says
"The Hampton Hawks!"
We rise with overpowering screams of hysteria
Stumbling to the center of the gym
The two besties hug each other
jumping up and down
We clutch the ginormous trophy with glee
Every happy and excited emotion ever felt to humankind
is felt on this team

A brisk, cool breeze with ...

Happy St. Patrick's!

Happy St. Patrick's Day everyone! Enjoy your corned beef and cabbage.
Remember to wear green or you'll get pinched!

Boy vs. Girl POV - Banned From Existence

BOY:
    I wake up to a blinding white room, under a white sheet. The only other things in this endless room are a white table, a pen, and a sticky note. When I get up, I find I'm in white cotton pants and a t-shirt, that's all. The sticky note, scrawled in orderly capitals, reads; YOU HAVE BEEN BANNED FROM EXISTENCE.
    Strange.
    The last thing I remember is hanging with the guys, playing some basketball. We were having a blast and I had just got off the phone from ordering some pizza. And there was an earthquake...? But when I think harder about the memory, I realize that there is something missing. The memory goes like this;
    I hear the pong... pong... pong of a basketball being bounced off of the echoing gym floor in quick rhythm. I hear the scuffling of feet as my friends fight for the ball. I abruptly hear the...

3.14159265...

HAPPY PI DAY! How many digits of pi do y'all know? And happy birthday to Albert Einstein :)

That's a Funny Bird in My Tree

She swings from treetops like a monkey, whether in rain, snow, or sunshine. Her bright teal jacket shines vividly through the branches. Almost birdlike, she hops from branch to branch with experienced grace, unleashing drops of dew and ice, which splatter into the large puddle beneath her. She grasps the worn, dangling rope and cries with joy. Lurching forward with a practiced motion, she swings through the air and splashes down into the pool of melted snow, dampening her already soaked tennis shoes, along with the rumpled ankles of her jeans.
    But does she care? Nope. Back up the tree she goes, scrambling up its bows with agility. The process starts over again.
    And her sister, watching curiously from the window seat, thinks how glad she is to be inside; warm and dry. She thinks of her peculiar little sister out there in the cold clutches of the tree. Then she thinks of a...

The Colors of the Sky

In the morning, I wake to find a beautiful sunrise. Oranges and golds and rosy pinks fade together into the perfect painting in the sky. Rays of sunshine sprinkle from above onto dewy green grass.
    As the day carries on, the endless sky turns a glassy turquoise, silvery clouds wavering in its infinite glory. Colorful birds drift tranquilly through ivory sunbeams, chirping their monotonic melodies.
    When this day is coming to an end, I look up to the heavens and find twinkling, pearly stars hovering in fading glory. Dark hues of navy and violet and maroon create a placid sunset. I doze in a dream of my favorite work of art, its Godly artist brushing different colors over its ever-changing canvas.

Phenomenal Woman

The Barefoot Lily Lady

The most phenomenal woman in my life I can think of, right off the bat, is unquestionably my grandma. Not only is she gorgeous, (I love bragging about her wavy and long grayish-brownish hair, it's unlike any other grandma's) and the best grandma anyone could ever ask for, she is also so Godly. And with all that she has to take care of, my great-grandma heavily affected by Alzheimer's who lives with her, it's amazing that she is such a devout woman. It's also amazing that she manages not to turn into a bitter old woman, with what little time she must get to herself, let alone any sleep! 
    Another amazing thing about my grandma is her vast, exquisite garden. I love when I visit in the summertime and I find her barefoot in a patch of lilies, pulling weeds or planting even more lavish flowers. The outside of my grandma's home is like the Garden of Eden resurrected! 
   ...

Twenty-Five Words

I see darkness riding in on the wind. I can hear whispers surge. Shadows gather in the murkiest corners. There is no time.
They're coming.

Adventures of Trouble no.5

I'm back everyone! So guess what happened this time? So you know that fluffy white stuff that floats down from the sky? No, not clouds... snow! At least I think that's what y'all call it.
    So anyway, a while ago a ginormous amount of 'snow' came out of the clouds! If I could get outside it would be higher than the tippy tops of my ears! I like to roll around in the little bits of snow that escaped through the screen windows when Mom lets me on the porch. My nose and toes get super cold though, is that a bad thing? But it's OK, the older girl warms me up in front of their cozy crackling fire, cradling me tightly, as if I might want to leave her toasty, luxurious clutches! I fancy the fire too, I'm fond of sprawling out in front of its dancing lights on the soft carpet, taking all the room up and daydreaming about prancing in the...

Writing Prompts [for you!]

I came across some of my own old writing prompts and I figured I'd share them with all y'all! Enjoy!**

1. It was finally happening. Birds fell from the sky, grass rapidly caught fire, red-hot chunks of the sun itself were raining down. The sun was dying.
  2. Note: If you're reading this, you've been in a coma for 10 years. We're testing some new technology. We don't know whether this message will end up in your dream or not, but hopefully, we're getting through. Please wake up.
  3. Start your story with the cheerful sentence 'The sun was bright and shining. The sky was a beautiful blue. It was going to be a good day.' or something along those lines. Then end your story with the same exact sentence, but this time it is chilling and wrathful.
  4. Your dystopian government oppresses its people by silencing their inner voices and thoughts. Everyone is forced to think out loud. Until one day, when you wake up...

These are a Few of My Favorite Things

Cat fur in sunshine and
Walking in thunder
Beaches and birthdays
Best friends like no others
Flipping and twisting around in the air
Jean shorts and tank-top with not a care

Green grass and bare feet and
Rainbows in blue sky
Crackling fires
Hands flying across keys
Crisp breeze and dewdrops that come in the spring
These are a few of my favorite things

Writing Prompts

Anyone got any writing prompts for me? I'm a little bit at a loss right now! :)
Muchas gracias!

The Adventures of Trouble no.4

Oh. My. Gosh.
    Guys, guess what? Guess what? Today was this thing the humans 'round here call Christmas. And the awesome part about Christmas is that you get cool stuff. Even the cats in this house get spoiled on this amazing day called Christmas! There was one downside though. The younger girl, the crazy one I've talked about before - she got a new weapon. It's this scary sweatshirt with a big huge kangaroo type pocket on the front, and apparently, it's meant to carry cats around! Terrifying! All of the humans were laughing their despicable heads off, but when you're the one in the Pocket of Death, I'd like to see you laughing! 
    But there are other things that made up for it. For instance, the gigantic box of treats! Yep, it was nearly bigger than me! And there are these glove thingies that the parents wear, and they have these rubber bristles...

Update

Life is much better guys! God has put me through a few trials here and there, and he has grown my faith in him by far. I'm trying harder to write now. I certainly missed it!!! 

Update

Life is much better guys! God has put me through a few trails here and there, and he has grown my faith in him by far. I'm trying harder to write now. I certainly missed it!!! 

Mixtape

Song of My Life

Good News - by: Mandisa
Happy - by: Pharrell Willams
Party in the U.S.A. - by: Miley Cyrus
Happier - by: Ed Sheeran
Perfect - by: Ed Sheeran
Reckless Love - by: Cory Asbury
The Breakup Song - by: Francesca Battistelli
I Just Need U - by: Toby Mac
So Will I - by: Hillsong United

HAPPY Christmas!

Merry MERRY Christmas everyone!!! I hope all y'all spend time with family and get great presents and, most importantly, enjoy the love of God - not only on Christmas day but every single day of our lives. To the many people who associate Christmas with sadness and loss, I'm praying for y'all. And happy Christmas to all those Harry Potter fans out there : ) ; ) 

Human

We hate, we cry, we hide.
We're depressed, dirty, sinful.
We hunger for more, perfection, possession.

But there are the good things too...
We laugh, love, live.
We enjoy the little moments in life.
Humans seem hopeless at times, so you remember the times we have worked together.
A cure for cancer, homeless shelters, adoptions.

We are capable, dependable, intelligent, limitless, cherished.
Yet people are flawed.
We do what we want, not what should happen.
We are only human.

The Adventures of Trouble

'Sup humans! My name is really Chocolate, but people call me Trouble, for good reasons, as you may find later. I am a grey tiger-striped mix kitten, 11 months old. But lets get down to business.
    This house is awesome! The people on the other hand, they can be a bit 'coo-coo', if ya know what I mean. For example, at the moment it is Thanksgiving and a bunch of hyperactive boys have just arrived. May I add that the multiple bundles of yarn and string they brought me are wonderfully tasty!
    But you know what, suddenly my current orange pile of yarn is uninteresting. I think a vast pile of blankets, pillows, and some slightly scary stuffed animals sound lovely at the moment. The one problem is this heavenly bed belongs to the craziest of the bunch. She actually lives here, and boy does she like to scoop you up in a big fuzzy blanket and carry...

Human

We hate, we cry, we hide.
We're depressed, dirty, sinful.

But there are the good things too...
We laugh, love, live.
We enjoy the little moments in life.

Yet people are flawed.
We do what we want, not want should happen.
We are only human.

The Adventures of Trouble no.3

Hey humans!
    It's me again, Trouble...duh! Boy do I have a story for you today!
    So as I may have mentioned, I am only about 11 months old, so this is my first official Christmas! And guess what, my family just set up this gigantic, barbed, green thingy that kinda looks like the trees outside. I heard the mom call it a 'Christmas tree'! How cool is that?!
    What's more, they proceeded to wind bright blue and white lights around the unfortunate tree's branches and arrange oodles of decorations they called 'ornaments' onto it. Sparkly, shiny, plastic, fuzzy, I saw all forms of 'ornaments' end up on that Christmas tree. Once, I even jumped up to catch a string of silver beads being arranged by Dad, and couldn't help but bat at a particularly glittery ornament that passed my line of sight. It came crashing to the hard-wood floor and broke into a few...

Feline Perfection

I have a beautiful cat named Brownie, who is a super-duper fuzzy, 4 year old feline. Her tortoiseshell patterned coat of browns, tans, whites, and blacks shines while she sits regally in her sun patches that shine from my windows. She carefully and precisely licks her sister Oreo’s and her adoptive son Chocolate’s furry coats in a motherly way. And when she meows, such a cute, dainty little meow emanates from her small mouth. Brownie is the most elegant cat you will ever meet.

The Adventures of Trouble no.2

Hi again humans!
    So here's my story for today; There was this biiiiiig storm -- and I mean like really big! There was thunder and rain and wind and lightning and everything! It was super duper cool at first, and I was just chilling at the window. There's this one couch with big scrumptious brown cushions and a marvelous view of the towering trees swaying back and forth. Anyway, I was reclining on this couch, and I decided to go bug another cat. The weather was perfect for it! 
    I spotted my target, Brownie. She is an elegant lady cat with some seriously good looks! Her brown, black and many other colored coat of glory shines as she struts past my perch. Ooooh, what fun to pounce on that one! She never puts up a fight! Too polite... I rise nonchalantly to all four paws and bound agilely to the hard-wood floor. I begin to swagger over to...

The Adventures of Trouble

'Sup humans! My name is really Chocolate, but people call me Trouble, for good reasons, as you may find later. I am a grey tiger-striped mix kitten, 9 months old. But lets get down to business.

Nightmares

My room in the hospital is filled with the constant noises of twenty or so machines, all of them connected to me. There is one thought ricocheting through my mind endlessly, like an everlasting echo.
I’m gonna die.
    Couldn’t I at least live till Halloween?
    Now I can hear some commotion outside my door. After exactly 3 minutes and 46 seconds, the door bangs open and my friend Jake stumbles in, his cheeks flushed and his hair tussled. He obviously put up a fight to be let in, only family is supposed to see me. But that’s OK. He’s the only one that knows…
    IーEvaーam currently in my deathbed, and i’m not gonna get out.

Why I Write

Why I Write

I write for my holy Father in heaven
I write for those
who just haven't found what they're looking for
I write to love
I write to understand

I write to take away 
Both my pain and other's
I write as a challenge
A declaration
A plea

I write to remember
Those who have been lost 
Those who have lost
They deserve something more

I write because I want to live a different life
Put myself in a foreign world
Live carefree...
Vivacious...
Curious

Writing is my passion

She's an Obstinate Cat

There is a cat
An obstinate cat一
A boisterous cat
She is unafraid
But when the people come
When they invade her home
Down to the basement she goes

Black and white
Stream down the stairs
We call
"Come back, come back!"
"Don't be afraid"
But what did I say?
She's an obstinate cat

Gymnast

CARTWHEEL
Poise, ready for take-off
Graceful
Falling, down, down
Hand, hand. Foot, foot.
Stick the landing
Begin again

SPLITS
Elegantly assume position
Hands above your head
Point those toes
Reach
Up you go

CONTORTION
Stand
On your hands
Bend
Toes to head
Reach
Farther, Farther
Elbows
To the floor
Land
Arc back up

Acrostics

Furry, faithful friends
Entertaining always
Lovable are their perfect personalities
Intelligent and wiser than expected 
Never failing comfort - and pillow
Every cat deserves a good human

Child of God
Outwardly vivacious
Unrelentingly encouraging
Steadfast disciple
Inexplicably creative
Never unloved

God's daughter
Ravishingly devoted
Appreciated forever
Never-ending awesomeness
Doting
Maximal spoiler
Amazingly awe-inspiring

Salvager
Angel from heaven
Vindicator
Incorruptible  
Omniscient and omnipotent
Righteous God

Reunited

Reunited, Chapter 1
I wake to a sharp kick in my stomach.”Oww.” I half moan half mumble. But I am unable to get out of bed or wake the culprit of the kicking, my 12 year old little sister, Lyla. By the way, my name is Eva.
An hour later, at 6:13 a.m., I have to get up, because Lyla’s puppy Hope is making a lot of noise, probably because she wants food, and if I don’t go down there now, she’ll keep it up for hours. Plus, I want some sleep!
So I slide stealthily out of bed, throw on a random outfit, [which today happens to be a white blouse and black pants] manage to pull my mess of hair into a somewhat decent bun, and pad bare-footed down the stairs to the small kitchen where Hope waits, panting and drooling.
I fill a plastic bowl with cold water and slosh it over the dog for revenge...