Screenshot 20190322 220534

MimiChoudhury

Hey
I am Swastika but everyone calls me Mimi
Ruskin Bond
J.K. Rowling
Hunger Games
Harry Potter, Harry Potter and morrreee Harry Potterrr.
Ravendor
Books
Music
And
Moreee
Check out my ongoing novel
Home-schooled

"It does not do to dwell in dreams and forget to live" -Albus Dumbledore

Some must reads:

The Resistance by Gamma Malley

The Legacy by Gemma Malley

All the Harry Potter Books by J.K. Rowling

Little Women by Louisa May Alcott

Uncle Tom's Cabin by Harriet Beacher Stowe

Dracula by Bram Stoker ( in my opinion, way better than Twilight ;) )

Two Strangers

"HOli Hai!!!!"
I stood there, shivering from head to toe, amid the wild jungle of human beings, who had suddenly come to life. I was scared....not because I hated socializing....but because....because that included colours. Slowly, I crept into the nearest bush I could find in my eyesight, not even stopping to think that someone else might have thought of taking the same refuge.
"Hey!!"
I yelped and jumped back in surprise, as the shadow of a boy arose from behind the bush.
"Look..." he continued. "I know what you're here for, but I Don't like it. I Don't like splashing about in tubs of water, and smearing each other with colours. I don-"
He broke off. My insides had suddenly started to dance the conga on knowing that I was not alone, that someone else also had the same fear as I did.
"Nor do I." I said quitely.
His face lit up suddenly. It seemed as thousands of...

Home-schooled Chapter 3

Chapter 1
Chapter 2

Sarah's stomach crumpled backwards. Then, it gave a lurch, and felt as if the monster had risen again...to take control of her mind...her senses...her brain..her reflexes.

'Why can't I be home-schooled again?'

The question had forced it's way out of the girl's mouth before she could stop it. She knew......knew the answer......had been forced to listen to it multiple times throughout the day; but the constant lurching of her brain and stomach had been setting her mind in a state of acute dilemma. She had no other option -she knew that- but, whatsoever.....

'You can't be dear.' her father said gently. Same answer , just missing the explanations that was; not that she was going to ask for them anyway.

The car slowly edged around the corner as it stopped in front of the familiar building, that Sarah had come across in the morning. 'LakeView High School'. Her second home for...at-least...two years (provided the monst- oh...

Home-schooled Chapter 2

Chapter 1

'Yes, I know mom. You don't need to keep reminding me that from time to time.'

'I do. Because, if something like that aga-'

'Oh please mom, give me a rest !'
She slammed the door after her, leaving her mother to croon over her daughter's audacity.

'Good morning Sa- Aww....where did you get her from??'
'Oh- she?? Ms Emily Williams ,' Sarah straightened herself up-to her entire  height. 'Let me introduce you to a new member of this family, whose name is.......well...ummm.....Daisy!!'
The blue-eyed girl in front of her stuck out her tongue, ' That's a horrendous name , you dimwit!! Wait, let me think up something better than that-'

'Hello girls! Has anyone of you seen your mother.'
Sarah nodded apprehensively , and pointed towards her room. The man stared at her, his blue eyes on the brown ones.

'What happened?'

'What d'you mean?'

'Any quarrel between you an-'

Sarah gave in. She launched herself...

Home-schooled Chapter 1

'Ma'am-'

'No Sarah. What you did was wrong, really wrong.'
'Yes, but ma-'

'Do you have any idea?? Do you have any idea that with this one act, you have brought down the name of the entire school along with you?? Because you YOU- no one is wanting to admit there kids here any-'
'Ma-'

'No Sarah, this won't do. I have to call your parents.'

'No ma'am , please don't . Please! Please give me one last chance. Please ma'am- please...I' beg of you....I'll-'

'I don't know how this might end Sarah. But, all that I can tell is that..it's not going to be very nice for you.'

...................................................................................... 

The sun was up already, although it looked a little overworked. The red munia, who would have to pack it's luggage and leave for the southern skies this winter, was hunting around desperately...

Plans

"Let's do  it then."
"Tomorrow night?"
"Yup."
It was three in the morning.The sky was pitch dark and there was no one around...that was...except two boys.
"So we have the necessary things-do we?"
"Hmm...I think so..."
Aakash twitched his mouth nervously.The truth was that he had stuffed so many toys in his bag that there was literally no space for any 'necessary item'.
"What do you mean by I think so?"
Sunil had sensed the brittleness of Aakash's sentence.He knew him for atleast four years .Aakash was now in 8th grade...still his habit of collecting toyd had not gone.
"Well..you know...that American toy pistol I got from my uncle?"
"Yah?"
"Well...I'm taking it ."
"Whatever for?"
"We can play...or..."
A sudden idea struck his mind.
"...we can sell it to a toy vendor when we are in need of money."
"How much money will it make?"
"Oh...atleast a hundree rupes...it is really antique you know?"
"Hmm..OK then...take it."
As they...

Home-schooled Chapter 2

Chapter 1

'Oh please mom, give me a rest !'

'Good morning Sarah!! Aww....who is that cutie-pie?'

'What happened?'

'What d'you mean?'

'Any quarrel between you an-'

Sarah gave in. She launched herself on the...

Why I Don't celebrate Valentine's day.

I was skipping up and down the broken lane. Today....today would be the day....

I could already hear his wonderful musical voice from there. His gentle warm hands, touching my blonde hair , rechristening all those memories that we had left years before. But now, it was time to give them a new name.

My happiness knew no bounds , when I found out his address from Sarah. Tears had welled up my eyes, as I thanked her profusely and set out to surprise him. I could already see his blue eyes gaping at me in wonder and excitement.

Today I  would tell what I could not tell five years earlier.

My heart began fluttering when I reached the iron gate of his house. The moment...the moment....

Trring !!Trring!!!

I looked up hopefully to see his awestruck eyes looking at me in wonder and excitement, but saw a sickly looking woman looking down at me curiously.
"What do you want??" ...

At Home

A huge difference

"Hey, what's the difference between a home and a house?"

I almost fell off my chair,adjusted myself back on the seat, and looked up with surprise at the two bright eyes in front of me.
"Homework, is it?? Or something el-"
"OFF COURSE ITS HOMEWORK MUMMA. WHAT ELSE WOULD IT BE ?"
I  looked closely at my daughter's eyes. Never had I ever seen so much sincerity in her about her schoolwork before...why...was this one indeed a mere schoolwork or something more?
"MUMMA!!! Can you hear me?"

Slowly and nervously I held her by the hand and motioned towards the sitting room ...but
"I know you won't give me the answer there Mum. Would you?"
I looked at her nervously. Did she know? Oh...of course not....she would have been laughing her head off if she did.
"Look Nancy-" I began, only to  cut across by my offspring.
"You just tell me the difference..and after that I'll go back and will...

At Home

A huge difference

"Homework, is it?? Or something el-"
"MUMMA!!! Can you hear me?"

Op-Ed Competition 2019

A Slight Fault In Words

It was Teacher's day. The head girl and head boy had spent the entire day decorating...or rather...making the younger children decorate the school auditorium. After threatening them with dire consequences,  they had sat back at their classrooms;  and now, they sat at the front seats beside the principal who was busy in his loud admiration of their "great sense of responsibility" and "dedication to work". As the two heads sniggered softly to each other ,  a small girl of ten nervously stepped into the stage to perform the last performance of that auspicious evening. The girl trembled slightly as she looked down at the vast auditorium ; it was her first time... the first time she had been forced by her parents to hold the microphone in her hands. What was the poem she was forced to receive? Ah yes,  Daffodils! 

Slowly , she inched closer  to the microphone , as the  suppressed tension  in her heart suddenly erupted through...

Forever Yours( a Nuna/ Druna Fanfiction) Chapter 1

King's Cross Station was as crowded as ever. Several small children stood gaping at the solid barrier , while their mother continued blabbering last minute instructions to them , 
"... and be careful and clear out of the way of Peeves. Dont try to mess with him...."
A dirty blonde haired girl stood gaping at the family with unusual curiosity, listening so intently to the lady's speech that she did not even notice the tall dark haired boy  waving to her.
"Hi Luna!! Had good holidays??"

She looked around in astonishment , and simultaneously, a beautiful smile brightened up her pale face , as she waved back to him.
"Hey Nevile!! "

As they pushed their trolleys directly at the solid barrier ( after the mother had finished giving her lecture, and the children were safely inside the solid barrier) , they found themselves, a second later, standing on platform nine and three quarters , where the scarlet Hogwarts Express...

Tiny Love Story

Crumple Horned Snorkack

"You see that ?"
"Which one-?"
"-No . Never mind. You can go now. Thanks for the help."
The black eyes looked down at the silver  ones, as she smiled . "Nargles are real by the way. I know that its kind of unrealistic but-"
"Its not- I mean - na-Nargles CAN EXIST. So can cru-cru-"
"Crumpled Horned Snorkack? Do you think they exist for real? Have you ever witnessed them? Oh-"

Her pale face glowed in pleasure as she exclaimed  ,"I believe all about them but I've never seen them. Did you really see them? Can you show them to me?"
Her eyes shone like bright stars against a dark backdrop, and the tall dark haired man had to suppress a sudden urge to do something desperate that suddenly erupted in his stomach.

"I-I will try to show y-you." 
"When."
"Some day."
"Some day?"
"Yes Luna." He suddenly went down on his knees in front of the dirty...

Mimi's #questionsthatneedanswers

1. Did you ever have that moment when you realized that you could've taken the easy way instead is suffering? Was your suffering worth it?

Ummm....I was bullied till sixth grade ...and I Don't think it was worth it . ( I know that was really lame )

2. What's your favorite time of day?

Dawn . Relaxing on my couch, with my diary and a cup of hot cocoa , while looking at the wonderful combination of colours outside my study window really makes my day :)

3.What's the saddest word in the English language? Why?​

Love( it is bound to make your tears fall ...if not now..maybe sometime..but it is bound to make those eyes well up with tears)

4.Do you ever have that feeling you're being watched as you write your stories??

Umm....no...I guess. I have the feeling of being watched while playing Temple Run Btw ;)

5.How do you feel about the number 7?

Thats my...

WHY ARE EXAMS NOT BEING BANNED??!!!!

Adrenaline rushing through my brain, 
Making me feel dizzy, 
And confused. 
I can't read, 
The letters scribbled on my notebook, 
Performing ballet, 
In front of my eyes. 
My mind is in a daze, 
Cant find a way out of this maze,  
Will I ...won't I ... will I ...won't I  
Can't find a way out of this game. 

This subject is making me dizzy!!

Adrenaline rushing through my brain,
Making me feel dizzy,
And confused.
I can't read,
The letters scribbled on my notebook,
Performing ballet,
In front of my eyes.
My mind is in a daze,
Cant find a way out of this maze, 
Will I ...won't I ... will I ...won't I 
Can't find a way out of this game.

TOMORROW'S MY BIOLOGY EXAM!!!!!
                   ●            ●
                   ♢            ♢
                     ♢           ♢
                            ~
(P.S. that's a crying face if you didn't understand:D)

Guilt #standalonedialogue

"Hey!"
"Hey....do you-"
"Did Sarah  send you here? Cause if she  did - I am telling you- I am going to slam this door on your face right-"
"OOhOh..no no no....I don't know any Sarah- I ...just moved in yesterday ... and.."
"Don't tell her....no no no no....hush! "
"What are you-?"
"She's coming!! Coming!!! I can see her!!"
"
B-but you just said..."
"Forget what I said...it's what I say that's important!"
"O-ok but I was sa-"
"DON'T TELL THEM !! DON'T !!!! DON'T!!"
"What....but Mrs. River ...wait...."
"No...go away...GO AWAY FROM WHERE YOU CAME!!! Leave me ALONE Sarah!!!  I didn't mean to kill you. BELIEVE ME....I DIDN'T!!!"

Snow Flakes In Summer Chapter 8

Before reading this chapter, check out the previous chapter : https://writetheworld.com/groups/1/free_writing/101506/versions/192860
.................................................................................................................................................................................................

Sam stared at me in acute  shock and bewilderment, as I held out a bundle of hundred dollar notes from the bag.
"So is this what you've been doing all these days??? You big fat liar!!" I yelled at the top of my voice. Never before had I lost control like this. "What IS THIS?? I SAY ...WHAT IS THIS?????!!!!!"

Abner gave a smirk at the white faced girl, as he turned to me, "You know what Lara? I never really trusted this girl. Always knew she was up to something. And how do you know..."

He left his position to slowly walk towards Sam , facing the girl with a smug expression on his face, "...she might have been also involved in the murder of your..."
"No!!" A loud shriek came from the auburn haired girl. "Whatever are you trying to say...how dare  you put the blame...

Please read this

Hey guys!!! So I recently published my first fanfic ever based on Nuna and I am really glad to say that I received a lot of support on that piece from you guys. I loovveee you guys!!! U r the best!!
Well...coming to the point.... my friend Madison Burgess told me to continue the story and I was left thrilled. Nevertheless each and every member of my family is important to me, so... I wouldn't dare to take this step without your consent. If you haven't already read  the story , pls check it out in here:
Annddd... pls let me know your opinion in the comment section below : )

Book Review Competition 2019

The Winning Of Friends

"And that is what Rusty is all about- the winning of friends."

The Winning of Friends. What would be the first thing that comes to your mind when you hear the sentence?? Those forgotten moments of mirth  and laughter, those little incidents when you literally cried because your best friend failed to pass the exam... and those little forgotten secrets that created a special bond between two mere living beings.
Friendship. Friendship is the most costly possesion that one can acquire in his/her life. And as Ruskin Bond says , life is all about the winning of true friends. The Adventures of Rusty is a collection of those small aspects of life; the small twists and turns which shapes a person into himself, into the person who he is intended to be.

Rusty was an ordinary  Anglo Indian boy, living with his wonderful father who introduced him to the first friend he ever had in his life and who would...

Book Review Competition 2019

The Winning Of Friends

Book Review Competition 2019

The Winning Of Friends

Book Review Competition 2019

The Winning Of Friends

Friendship. Friendship is the most costly possesion that one can acquire in his/her life. And as Ruskin Bond says , life is all about the winning of true friends. "The Adventures of Rusty" is a collection of those small aspects of life; the small twists and turns which shapes a person into himself.

Rusty was an ordinary  Anglo Indian boy, living with his wonderful father who introduced him to the first friend he ever had in his life and who would never leave his side . Books. From the day...

Snow Flakes in Summer Chapter 7

The sun seemed to be peeking from the distant hilltop , with its magnificent light ebbing away into the mysterious stillness of the night.

As I turned around in the bed for the thirteenth time, a loud creak from the front door made me look up. 5:00 AM. Not a nice time to get back home.

Grinning victoriously, I quitely slipped into Sam's room. The girl was standing wide-eyed , facing the mirror , with a large bag on her shoulders. "Good Game girl!!!"

Sam almost went off balance as she swung round to confront me. Her face looked like a blank sheet of paper, while her eyes were streaming with tears.
"Where were you? You lied to me last time and-"
"Please Lara -" she  cut across me. Tears flowed down her freckled cheeks as she looked at me pleadingly.
"Please!! I beg of you . Don't start now. "
Something forced me to look into the tearstained face. ...

Crumple Horned Snorkack

"You see that ?"
"Which one-?"

"I-I will try to show y-you." 
"When."
"Some day."
"Some day?"

#mystoryq&a

So....I tried out this thing  recently.(I know..really late) but nevertheless, I did it and here it is.
do you still live where you were born? 

Maybe yes maybe no. I am in the same state nevertheless.( I was born in Darjeeling but here I am in Kolkata. So what do you call that?)

how many languages do you speak/study? 

I can speak English, Bengali(my mother tongue), Hindi, Spanish(learned it online out of sudden interest) and Sanskrit( never liked it but nevertheless we must learn it for school).

do you consider yourself a good student? 

I consider myself as an average student. So .... does average qualify as good?? I Don't know.

do you sport? 

I am actually the only girl in my grade who is into football. I just loovvvee the game and also take personal coaching. But unfortunately , there's no girls' football team in our school.

are you religious? 

Yes i am. Very much.

what should you be doing...

Snow Flakes in Summer Chapter 6

"I know who killed your father Lara. It was A-"
The old man could never finish his sentence. For in the middle of the overcrowded cafetaria, a  gunshot split the silence. The sound echoed throughout the place, as the people ran completely amock. And in the midst of all the confusion, I sat on my chair like a defeated soldier in a battle that ended before it ever started. Gasps and screams of fear and anxiety could be heard everywhere, but my eyes were only for the lifeless old man sitting in front of me. 
The police rushed in to control the situation . I felt numb......numb and heart broken......so close..... I was so close. As the officers escorted me out of the cafetaria, I glanced at the old man's face for the last time. What did Mr. Clearwater want to say to me??

Suddenly, like a sudden electric shock, I felt a hand grasp my elbow hard  and pull...

Snow Flakes in Summer Chapter 5

" I am not sure about this."
" I know."
" I am telling you, this can be dangerous."
" I know."

The sky was streaked with gentle stokes of light blue,  with a few dark shades here and there. The soft white snow  that lay on the leaves of the pine tree, added a majestic charisma to the whole scenery outside the window. The atmosphere gave me a wild sensation to run away.....far away.... where there wouldn't be any bonds, any ties, any  meetings. Sometimes I longed to become a bird...but.. even a bird could be captured  in a cage. I didn't want to back off..no...backing off was not in my line....but I was also.. like Abner ...really scared to face the truth. To be reminded of the gruesome fact that my father was dead. That man was no more.

Still lost in another world, I slowly slipped into a pair of jeans and a satin top. Taking my...

Snow Flakes in Summer Chapter 4

1st Chapter:https://writetheworld.com/groups/1/shared/90772/version/171753
2nd Chapter:https://writetheworld.com/groups/1/shared/91147/version/173610
3rd Chapter:https://writetheworld.com/groups/1/shared/92821/version/175963

................................................................

"Lara, you would not believe....."

The auburn haired girl stood gasping for breathe at the front door. Although it was quite chilly outside, her red face was full of perspiration. 
A faint music came to my ears from a distance. Christmas Carols. I gaped outside the window in enthusiasm, quite forgetting that a lady was still waiting for me at the door. 

The white delicate solid had formed a fine sheet on the roof of the nearby cottage. Some newly bought red curtains had been hung at the entrance, making the scene look like  a picture. A little child ran around the snow covered pavement, as a young man chased her and was finally capable in capturing her. He held the girl fondly in his lap and kissed her lovingly on the forehead.

I could peer at them forever, for as they laughed , my imagination played a picture of a younger me...

Snow Flakes in Summer Chapter 3

1st chapter:   https://writetheworld.com/groups/1/shared/90772/version/171753
2nd chapter:  https://writetheworld.com/groups/1/shared/91147/version/173610

The sun was up already...although it seemed a little overworked . It's feeble light could not melt the mist , as a white blanket  covered the earth's  surface.It seemed to act as the ozone to prevent the weak sun rays from entering the heart of the  brunette headed girl. Her large blue eyes were numb, within them lay a shadow of eternal pain. A single tear trickled down her pale cheeks....as she sat quietly beside her father. The father...who would never again smile...would never again....breathe...

....................................................................................................................

Abner stood still .His face bore an expression of acute anxiousness .Outside the window...The atmosphere was the one of complete bliss. The Christmas tree that I had decorated the night before stood as the centre of attraction.The surface of the earth was covered with the delicate soft snow...

Snow flakes in Summer Chapter 2

To read the first chapter go to the link:

The clock struck three o' clock.The ghostly white light was peeping into the room through the room...hoping to avoid disturbing anyone.The sky was looking beautiful...with white rays streaking against it...like white paint streaked along a black canvas.The stars looked like Dad's eyes....always twinkling with laughter.Laughter....happiness....Dad..
Mum....it seemed so far away....away from me....
I couldn't sleep.My body twisted and turned within the little place that I had acquired on the bed.
"Hey Abner." I spoke softly to the gentleman sleeping beside me.He seemed to have forgotten that someone else was with him on the bed,and had taken all the place in the medium sized bed to lay his large body.
On top of that,the sound of snoring increased gradually.It felt as if an aeroplane was flying past my ears.
"Hey ....is there a monster in your...."
Sam stopped dead on her tracks.In my opinion..the startled face that she had wore since...

Snow flakes in Summer

1
I was trembling from head to toe,as his body lay in front of me.Still.Cold.Unbreathing.He had promised me...promised me that he would come back....come back to me....But there I was ....with the bloody dagger in my hand.Blood ! The red liquid was oozing out of his chest...But I couldn't do anything ....it was over....all was over....

"Are you always this serious...or are you acting differently today?"
I looked up from my 'Scribbling Book'.Yes,that was what I called it.I didn't know what the editors saw in my scribbles....But they surprisingly always find  their place in many magazines.
Noticing that I was still in another world,Sam snatched the book from my hands and flung it away.
"Hey!" I yelled. "Are you ...

#MWTWfamily WINNERS ANNOUNCED!!!!

I know that its been two whole weeks, after the deadline to my  contest ended,and that I'm terribly late. I'd  been quite busy over the two weeks with family,school and the fact that I had been working on the fifth chapter of 'Snow Flakes in Summer'.  Please check it out.
This was my first contest in this site, and I am so grateful to you guys for supporting me in this attempt. All the pieces were so wonderful, that I had a really tough time choosing the winners. Each and every piece just left me full of awe and wonder. A big big biiggg thank you to all who participated. I love you guys.

And now.....for the results......

The Third Rank goes to-
Chayma  Abbassi
I loved your piece. It was so pleasant to read something like that. 

The Second Rank goes to-
Quille

Your piece was like...wow!!! I literally was cutting onions while reading the piece. It really touched...

Please Help Me Guys!!

So, this was a reminder to my #MWTWstory or #MWTWpoem contest. Till date, I 've recieved just 2 entries, and the last date is.... tomorrow. Guys, the contest is as simple as it can be. You have to just write about what you have recieved from this site so far. Why is this icon always present on extreme left corner your Google homescreen?? Just write your heart out .... and please mention the link to your piece in the comment section below.

2019

Welcome 2K19

Have you ever looked up at the sky, to glance at the Red Munia fly away southwards along with it's family? It seems to be their for one moment, gone the rest...to welcome the path to another flock of birds.
2018 seemed to fly past  like a soaring bird. I still run to my Grandmother's room every morning, just to gaze at the empty bed. So many things seem to have changed. The number of members in our family, the number of chairs I have to assemble daily for dinner, and the frequent calls by my "Damma" . 
But 2019.....seems to be ... promising...

Ingredients for the Perfect 2K19 :
2 cups of hope
1 cup of tears
3 cups of love
1 sliver of sorrow
6 handfuls of books
9 tablespoons of courage
11 teaspoons of self-trust

Whisk all the ingredients together and bake at 100○C in the oven of life.

Put plentiful of happiness on top and...

Its Contest Time!!!

'Writing is an exploration.You start from nothing and learn as you go.
We ,the WtW community, are like a close knit family with different cultures,religions and countries.From the day since I became a member of this family, each and every member in it has returned the care,the comfort...they have inspired me...inspired me to write .They inspired me to develop my writing style...To explore new genres...To write my heart out in this site.
So guys, to strenghthen this everlasting bond between this loving family, I bring to you a contest.
Prompt- My Write The World Family
Guys, 
you can write your heart out on what this site has given you.Make sure you cover these points :
  • Why do you visit this site ?
  • What have you received from this site?
  • How did this site awaken the interest of writing in you?
  • What have you received from the WtW  family?
Word limit-900 to 1000 words or less
Participation fees-A follow to my profile.
...

2019

Welcome 2K19

Ingredients for the Perfect 2K19 :
2 cups of hope
1 cup of tears
3 cups of love
1 sliver of sorrow
6 handfuls of books
9 tablespoons of courage
11 teaspoons of self-trust

Add plentiful of happiness on top and serve hot.

Hope you have a Wonderful 2K19!!!!

Guys!!!!

Just 1 week left guys!!!!! What are you waiting for?? Just click here and find out.

Snow Flakes in Summer Chapter 4

"Lara, you would not believe....."

Little Paws #BlottedInkContest

It was past twelve when I softly crept out of the house. The large mansion had just been whitewashed and I was worried if it would damage my skin.
The Brown s lived in a large eight acres mansion , which they termed as their  'ancestral property'. The mansion looked upon a large garden of various fruits and vegetables.There were no flowers. That was the reason why I often slipped into Lucius' house to ponder over the magical effect created by the vibrant petunias against the vast sky.

Sam, the newspaper boy, swifly cycled his way into the gate leading to the mansion.I yelped with pain, as he accidently grazed my body with his hoarse bicycle tyre.
"Sorry Lara!" he yelled after me. "I am really in a hurry!!!"

The wound was still oozing blood, but it was not deep.I went my way, hoping if by any luck, I could find some first aid at Lucius'.

The sky looked like...

Please read the below notice.

Recently, I published a story called "Colours of December". I felt that many of my friends didn't really understand the story.The protagonist is a child who has a dark complexion and is critisized for that.She is named after the Dark Indian Godess , Kali.But, she is a normal girl.Not the Godess itself. The story is based upon the girl's journey to self realisation. In India, the rising issue of 'Racial Discrimination' has reached its peak in recent times.This story is about how all colours are the same in the eyes of the Almighty.

You can check out the story here:

Pls comment any opinions below:)

My December Writing Competition 2018

Colours of December

On the December before the last, it was the first time she opened her eyes to look at the world around her.Her innocent brown eyes surveyed  the large whitewashed room closely.Where was she? Where was the lady who was assigned the job of being her new best friend on this planet? Shouts of wonder seemed to come from the small group of people who were standing there, looking at her as though she had come from some  other planet altogether. She felt cold...terrified. Had she done something wrong?

At  that moment, two warm hands fondled her lovingly..and it felt like..as if ...in one moment ...everything had turned alright..everything was fine.The old lady who was looking at her doubtfully all this while smiled nervously.
"What would you like to name her?"
The fair lady who was caressing her with extreme affection looked up and said with a big smile on her face.
"Kali."

White vapors descended on the earth's surface. They...

My December Writing Competition 2018

Colours of December

On the December before the last, it was the first time she opened her eyes to look at the world around her.Her innocent brown eyes surveyed  the large whitewashed room closely.Where was she? Where was the lady who was assigned the job of being her new best friend on this planet? Shouts of and wonder seemed to come from the small group who were standing there, looking at her as though she had come from another planet altogether. She felt cold...terrified. Had she done something wrong?
In that moment, two warm hands fondled her lovingly..and it felt like..as if ...in one moment ...everything had turned alright..everything was fine.The old lady who was looking at her doubtfully all this while smiled nervously.
"What would you like to name her?"
"Kali."

White vapors descended on the earth's surface. They seemed to...

Turned to Stone

Gray

Once , in a gray world, there lived a girl. She sat on a swing,looking intently at the clouds. The gray clouds. The main cause of the gray patch which had stained her life to such extent that...that it could not washed off....
An outline of a living being was coming towards her. Slowly...Cautiously....as if it knew what was going to happen ....it came closer. More closer....yes..yes..she could see him now ! That stitch on the upper lip.Yes,that was him ! I am sorry Henry.'she said. ' I am really sorry. 'Her face hid behind a curtain of darkness as she pointed a revolver to him. 'I have to do this Henry....'
There was a sound ,and then.....all was over..

Turned to Stone

Gray

There was a sound ,and then.....all was over.

Free

I gaped at the lonely street  absent mindedly.The fog seemed to leave my eyes in a daze .It was five in the morning, but I was already up and about.I felt an strange impulse to run away...away into the fog...away from this perfect world.I wanted to be imperfect...I wanted to live my own life....to live my  own different life with all the horrible scars on my face.Because whatever happened...they were a special part of me and they were the only one who would never leave me.They were the only people who would embrace me at all times without any benefits of there own.But....nevertheless...I felt scared ...immensely scared at the the thought of vanishing into the fog all alone....forever.

I smiled at my own foolish conscience.I was not alone.The gray blanket which had now covered the ground seemed to
call me.....seemed to call me to a new life.
        I was not alone.I was free.

Snow flakes in Summer Chapter 2

The clock struck three o' clock.The ghostly white light was peeped inside the room through the room...hoping to avoid disturbing anyone.The sky was looking beautiful...with white rays streaking against it...like white paint streaked along a black canvas.The stars looked like Dad's eyes....always twinkling with laughter.Laughter....happiness....Dad..

Its Contest Time!!!

Prompt- My Write The World Family
Guys, 
  • Why do you visit this site ?
Word limit-900 to 1000 words or less
...

Novel Writing Competition 2018

Red revenge(Excerpt)

"I told you madam.The house is not safe."
It was 10:00 clock in the morning ,but Lhea was lying down on her bed as Mr.Cole,the watchman  continued giving his lecture.Now,Lhea had no other option but to listen to him.
"You should look for some other place."
"I tried Mr. Cole.But,I can't find any other empty house with the same atmosphere as this one .Since the time I set my eyes on this house...I know ...I know that there is something here...which would take me to the pinnacle of either glory or despair.Mr Cole...."
She looked at the old man with earnest eyes.
"I don't have any other option but to take the risk."
"So....You are still going to stay here?"
"Yes." she said adamantly."And I will need more than a ghost to drive me out!"
With those words,she marched off  to the kitchen ,only to find her breakfast waiting for her there.
"When did the cook come?" she asked. "Oh....he...

Novel Writing Competition 2018

Red revenge(Excerpt)

Have you ever tried waking up at  midnight??I  have to do it every night to put some roses on Teresa's grave......and mine...
What happened?Dumbstruck?Behold gentlemen... for this is just the beginning...

13th July,2018
"You should look for some other place."
"I tried Mr. Cole.But,I can't find any other empty house with the same atmosphere as this one ."
"When did the cook come?" she asked. "Oh....he came at about eight."

Lhea  was a girl of about 20,with large blue eyes,and a tiny...

Silences Have Secrets

The moonlit tower,stood in the middle of nothingness.Ferns coiled around the beautiful balcony,made it look prettier to the human eye.Maybe the moon knew that he would come tonight.The wooden door was basked with a ghostly light,as an eerie silence reigned over the place.The atmosphere was suddenly disturbed by the sound of hooves against the stone path leading to the tower.A ginger horse strutted lazily towards the place,as it's handsome master called out, "Emily? EMILY ??"
No one answered.The traveler twitched his eyebrows,as he came near the moonlit wooden door. "Can you hear me Emily ? It's me....it's...it's ME ! Look here....I've come for you! "
The feeling of nothingness prevailed throughout the place.The traveler felt disheartened.He anticipated the girl to suddenly look down into his grey eyes and surprise him,like she often did.Then they would laugh together,and he would take her away with him.But....nothing of that sort seemed to happen.
"Who are you sir?"
The traveler shook frightenedly ,as someone...

Silences Have Secrets

"Who are you sir?"

Novel Writing Competition 2018

Red revenge(Excerpt)

What happened?Dumbstruck?Behold yourself....this is just the beginning.

"You should look for some other place."
"I tried Mr. Cole.But,I can't find any empty house with the same atmosphere as this one has."

Lhea  was a girl of about 20,with large blue eyes,and a tiny mole on her nose.She had...

Novel Writing Competition 2018

Red revenge(Excerpt)

"You should look for some other place."

Lhea  was a girl of about 20,with large blue eyes,and a tiny mole on her nose.Even though she had several moles in,almost,every part of  her pale body,that particular mole held a significant place in her heart.She had soft Brown curls ,and dimples to complete the perfect...

Novel Writing Competition 2018

Red revenge(Excerpt)

"You should look for some other place."

Turned to Stone

Gray

Once , in a grey world, there lived a girl. She sat on a swing,looking intently at the clouds. The grey clouds. The main cause of the grey patch which had stained her life to such extent that...that it could not washed off....

Once the World Was...

Why does the crow live in the city??

The wind was creeping inside his room as if it was a crook on a thieving adventure.Black was slowly turning into violet,when he suddenly remembered the date.It was 16th November.There was not much time left ...
He imitated the wind and slowly crept out of the large and airy room where he lived .It was a kind of school,a 'pathshala' ,as they called it in Bengali. A beautiful garden stood in front of the school room.It was a colourful fruit garden,where you could find  practically anything you wanted.
"I must get to her immediately,but it may be too late.O Almighty!Please give me the strenght to bear it!!"
Tears flowed down his blue cheeks,as he flew out of his room.
"O Mr.Peacockwhere are you going so early?Aren't you opening your 'pathshala' today?"
The peacock was startled by the sudden visit from Mr.Crow.He was at a loss of words and could only fumble,"Yah yes...I mean... no...I mean..."
"I...

Open Prompt

Dark

There was pitch darkness all around as I lay unconscious on the white marble floor.There was not a soul around and an eerie silence spread throughout the room.Even though,there was no being there,a voice seemed to hover about the place.A place of emptiness and devastation.But....where was I?
This was the question I had asked myself many times.Where was I?What was my purpose there?Would I be locked there for life?
Or one day I would break free from that place and be free forever.
Slowly,consciousness  rendered back in my soul.My body wanted to open  my eyes,to get up,to open the lock and go out of the room, to be free.But....but my mind didn't agree.It didn't want to run.It wanted that serenity.That eerie atmosphere awed it.
I lay in there, in that dark,dark room,full of serine passions and dreams.I did not know ,what awaited me in there.But I didn't want to either.

Plans

"Let's do  it then."
"Tomorrow night?"
"Yup."
"Hmm...I think so..."
"What do you mean by I think so?"
"Yah?"
"Well...I'm taking it ."
"Whatever for?"
"We can play...or..."
A sudden idea struck his mind.
"How much money will it make?"
"Hmm..OK then...take it."
As they...

Open Prompt

Dark

I lay in there, in that dark,dark room,full of serine passions and dreams.I did not know ,what awaited me in there.But I didn't want to.I really didn't.

Plans

"Let's do  it then."
"Tomorrow night?"
"Yup."
"Hmm...I think so..."
"What do you mean by I think so?"
"Yah?"
"Well...I'm taking it ."
"Whatever for?"
"We can play...or..."
A sudden idea struck his mind.
"How much money will it make?"
"Hmm..OK then...take it."
As they...

Breeze

Have you ever looked at the sky?Have you ever,in your life played with those white clouds which float smoothly in the vast blue sky?Have you ever,ever in this short useless life,flown with those colourful birds,who fly south every year?Neither have I.Or...maybe...I have.
No no...not physically...I have done all the above things,mentally.Whenever I am short of any ideas to write, I feel the cold breeze of the vast suburban sky on my face.The sound of the flapping of  wings of a wild swan who is flying South with his family.I wish I could also go with them.Far...far away from this dishonest world...

Personal Essay Competition: Making Change

A Change In Thought

The clouds were floating  in the sky.Those...white clouds...which looked like cotton candy to the  young  girl,were like a small heap of joy to her,but ...like many other things...it was also floating away from her...far...far away....
It was not easy for her,looking at her brother dressing up in those fine clothes every morning,and then travelling to that place...that place ...where she was not allowed to go.She noticed ,every evening...when her brother came back from that strange place,he locked himself up in his room and stayed there till it was time for dinner.
"Where is Ramu,Ma?"  she had asked mother once.
"He is studying dear." The lady said earnestly .
"Is that really important?'
"Why...yes!Of course!If he studies now,then when he will grow up,he can make lots of money for our family."
"Then why don't I study too?I..I also want to help my family."
Her mother looked at her with wide eyes."Why do you want to study ,dear?There is so much to...