151008 quora hermione granger.jpg.crop.promo xlarge2

MimiChoudhury

Hey
I am Swastika but everyone calls me Mimi
Ruskin Bond
J.K. Rowling
Hunger Games
Harry Potter, Harry Potter and morrreee Harry Potterrr.
Ravendor
Books
Music
And
Moreee
Check out my ongoing novel
Snow Flakes in Summer

“It does not do to dwell on dreams and forget to live.” — ...
“It takes a great deal of bravery to stand up to our enemies, but just as much to stand up to our friends.” — ...

Snow Flakes in Summer Chapter 6

"I know who killed your father Lara. It was A-"
The old man could never finish his sentence. For in the middle of the overcrowded cafetaria, a  gunshot split the silence. The sound echoed throughout the place, as the people ran completely amock. And in the midst of all the confusion, I sat on my chair like a defeated soldier in a battle that ended before it ever started. Gasps and screams of fear and anxiety could be heard everywhere, but my eyes were only for the lifeless old man sitting in front of me. 
The police rushed in to control the situation . I felt numb......numb and heart broken......so close..... I was so close. As the officers escorted me out of the cafetaria, I glanced at the old man's face for the last time. What did Mr. Clearwater want to say to me??

Suddenly, like a sudden electric shock, I felt a hand grasp my elbow hard  and pull...

Snow Flakes in Summer Chapter 5

" I am not sure about this."
" I know."
" I am telling you, this can be dangerous."
" I know."

The sky was streaked with gentle stokes of light blue,  with a few dark shades here and there. The soft white snow  that lay on the leaves of the pine tree, added a majestic charisma to the whole scenery outside the window. The atmosphere gave me a wild sensation to run away.....far away.... where there wouldn't be any bonds, any ties, any  meetings. Sometimes I longed to become a bird...but.. even a bird could be captured  in a cage. I didn't want to back off..no...backing off was not in my line....but I was also.. like Abner ...really scared to face the truth. To be reminded of the gruesome fact that my father was dead. That man was no more.

Still lost in another world, I slowly slipped into a pair of jeans and a satin top. Taking my...

Snow Flakes in Summer Chapter 4

1st Chapter:https://writetheworld.com/groups/1/shared/90772/version/171753
2nd Chapter:https://writetheworld.com/groups/1/shared/91147/version/173610
3rd Chapter:https://writetheworld.com/groups/1/shared/92821/version/175963

................................................................

"Lara, you would not believe....."

The auburn haired girl stood gasping for breathe at the front door. Although it was quite chilly outside, her red face was full of perspiration. 
A faint music came to my ears from a distance. Christmas Carols. I gaped outside the window in enthusiasm, quite forgetting that a lady was still waiting for me at the door. 

The white delicate solid had formed a fine sheet on the roof of the nearby cottage. Some newly bought red curtains had been hung at the entrance, making the scene look like  a picture. A little child ran around the snow covered pavement, as a young man chased her and was finally capable in capturing her. He held the girl fondly in his lap and kissed her lovingly on the forehead.

I could peer at them forever, for as they laughed , my imagination played a picture of a younger me...

Snow Flakes in Summer Chapter 3

1st chapter:   https://writetheworld.com/groups/1/shared/90772/version/171753
2nd chapter:  https://writetheworld.com/groups/1/shared/91147/version/173610

The sun was up already...although it seemed a little overworked . It's feeble light could not melt the mist , as a white blanket  covered the earth's  surface.It seemed to act as the ozone to prevent the weak sun rays from entering the heart of the  brunette headed girl. Her large blue eyes were numb, within them lay a shadow of eternal pain. A single tear trickled down her pale cheeks....as she sat quietly beside her father. The father...who would never again smile...would never again....breathe...

....................................................................................................................

Abner stood still .His face bore an expression of acute anxiousness .Outside the window...The atmosphere was the one of complete bliss. The Christmas tree that I had decorated the night before stood as the centre of attraction.The surface of the earth was covered with the delicate soft snow...

Snow flakes in Summer Chapter 2

To read the first chapter go to the link:

The clock struck three o' clock.The ghostly white light was peeping into the room through the room...hoping to avoid disturbing anyone.The sky was looking beautiful...with white rays streaking against it...like white paint streaked along a black canvas.The stars looked like Dad's eyes....always twinkling with laughter.Laughter....happiness....Dad..
Mum....it seemed so far away....away from me....
I couldn't sleep.My body twisted and turned within the little place that I had acquired on the bed.
"Hey Abner." I spoke softly to the gentleman sleeping beside me.He seemed to have forgotten that someone else was with him on the bed,and had taken all the place in the medium sized bed to lay his large body.
On top of that,the sound of snoring increased gradually.It felt as if an aeroplane was flying past my ears.
"Hey ....is there a monster in your...."
Sam stopped dead on her tracks.In my opinion..the startled face that she had wore since...

Snow flakes in Summer

1
I was trembling from head to toe,as his body lay in front of me.Still.Cold.Unbreathing.He had promised me...promised me that he would come back....come back to me....But there I was ....with the bloody dagger in my hand.Blood ! The red liquid was oozing out of his chest...But I couldn't do anything ....it was over....all was over....

"Are you always this serious...or are you acting differently today?"
I looked up from my 'Scribbling Book'.Yes,that was what I called it.I didn't know what the editors saw in my scribbles....But they surprisingly always find  their place in many magazines.
Noticing that I was still in another world,Sam snatched the book from my hands and flung it away.
"Hey!" I yelled. "Are you ...

#MWTWfamily WINNERS ANNOUNCED!!!!

I know that its been two whole weeks, after the deadline to my  contest ended,and that I'm terribly late. I'd  been quite busy over the two weeks with family,school and the fact that I had been working on the fifth chapter of 'Snow Flakes in Summer'.  Please check it out.
This was my first contest in this site, and I am so grateful to you guys for supporting me in this attempt. All the pieces were so wonderful, that I had a really tough time choosing the winners. Each and every piece just left me full of awe and wonder. A big big biiggg thank you to all who participated. I love you guys.

And now.....for the results......

The Third Rank goes to-
Chayma  Abbassi
I loved your piece. It was so pleasant to read something like that. 

The Second Rank goes to-
Quille

Your piece was like...wow!!! I literally was cutting onions while reading the piece. It really touched...

Please Help Me Guys!!

So, this was a reminder to my #MWTWstory or #MWTWpoem contest. Till date, I 've recieved just 2 entries, and the last date is.... tomorrow. Guys, the contest is as simple as it can be. You have to just write about what you have recieved from this site so far. Why is this icon always present on extreme left corner your Google homescreen?? Just write your heart out .... and please mention the link to your piece in the comment section below.

2019

Welcome 2K19

Have you ever looked up at the sky, to glance at the Red Munia fly away southwards along with it's family? It seems to be their for one moment, gone the rest...to welcome the path to another flock of birds.
2018 seemed to fly past  like a soaring bird. I still run to my Grandmother's room every morning, just to gaze at the empty bed. So many things seem to have changed. The number of members in our family, the number of chairs I have to assemble daily for dinner, and the frequent calls by my "Damma" . 
But 2019.....seems to be ... promising...

Ingredients for the Perfect 2K19 :
2 cups of hope
1 cup of tears
3 cups of love
1 sliver of sorrow
6 handfuls of books
9 tablespoons of courage
11 teaspoons of self-trust

Whisk all the ingredients together and bake at 100○C in the oven of life.

Put plentiful of happiness on top and...

Its Contest Time!!!

'Writing is an exploration.You start from nothing and learn as you go.
We ,the WtW community, are like a close knit family with different cultures,religions and countries.From the day since I became a member of this family, each and every member in it has returned the care,the comfort...they have inspired me...inspired me to write .They inspired me to develop my writing style...To explore new genres...To write my heart out in this site.
So guys, to strenghthen this everlasting bond between this loving family, I bring to you a contest.
Prompt- My Write The World Family
Guys, 
you can write your heart out on what this site has given you.Make sure you cover these points :
  • Why do you visit this site ?
  • What have you received from this site?
  • How did this site awaken the interest of writing in you?
  • What have you received from the WtW  family?
Word limit-900 to 1000 words or less
Participation fees-A follow to my profile.
...

2019

Welcome 2K19

Ingredients for the Perfect 2K19 :
2 cups of hope
1 cup of tears
3 cups of love
1 sliver of sorrow
6 handfuls of books
9 tablespoons of courage
11 teaspoons of self-trust

Add plentiful of happiness on top and serve hot.

Hope you have a Wonderful 2K19!!!!

#mystoryq&a

So....I tried out this thing  recently.(I know..really late) but nevertheless, I did it and here it is.
do you still live where you were born? 

Maybe yes maybe no. I am in the same state nevertheless.( I was born in Darjeeling but here I am in Kolkata. So what do you call that?)

how many languages do you speak/study? 

I can speak English, Bengali(my mother tongue), Hindi, Spanish(learned it online out of sudden interest) and Sanskrit( never liked it but nevertheless we must learn it for school).

do you consider yourself a good student? 

I consider myself as an average student. So .... does average qualify as good?? I Don't know.

do you sport? 

I am actually the only girl in my grade who is into football. I just loovvvee the game and also take personal coaching. But unfortunately , there's no girls' football team in our school.

are you religious? 

Yes i am. Very much.

what should you be doing...

Guys!!!!

Just 1 week left guys!!!!! What are you waiting for?? Just click here and find out.

Snow Flakes in Summer Chapter 4

"Lara, you would not believe....."

Little Paws #BlottedInkContest

It was past twelve when I softly crept out of the house. The large mansion had just been whitewashed and I was worried if it would damage my skin.
The Brown s lived in a large eight acres mansion , which they termed as their  'ancestral property'. The mansion looked upon a large garden of various fruits and vegetables.There were no flowers. That was the reason why I often slipped into Lucius' house to ponder over the magical effect created by the vibrant petunias against the vast sky.

Sam, the newspaper boy, swifly cycled his way into the gate leading to the mansion.I yelped with pain, as he accidently grazed my body with his hoarse bicycle tyre.
"Sorry Lara!" he yelled after me. "I am really in a hurry!!!"

The wound was still oozing blood, but it was not deep.I went my way, hoping if by any luck, I could find some first aid at Lucius'.

The sky looked like...

Plans

"Let's do  it then."
"Tomorrow night?"
"Yup."
It was three in the morning.The sky was pitch dark and there was no one around...that was...except two boys.
"So we have the necessary things-do we?"
"Hmm...I think so..."
Aakash twitched his mouth nervously.The truth was that he had stuffed so many toys in his bag that there was literally no space for any 'necessary item'.
"What do you mean by I think so?"
Sunil had sensed the brittleness of Aakash's sentence.He knew him for atleast four years .Aakash was now in 8th grade...still his habit of collecting toyd had not gone.
"Well..you know...that American toy pistol I got from my uncle?"
"Yah?"
"Well...I'm taking it ."
"Whatever for?"
"We can play...or..."
A sudden idea struck his mind.
"...we can sell it to a toy vendor when we are in need of money."
"How much money will it make?"
"Oh...atleast a hundree rupes...it is really antique you know?"
"Hmm..OK then...take it."
As they...

Please read the below notice.

Recently, I published a story called "Colours of December". I felt that many of my friends didn't really understand the story.The protagonist is a child who has a dark complexion and is critisized for that.She is named after the Dark Indian Godess , Kali.But, she is a normal girl.Not the Godess itself. The story is based upon the girl's journey to self realisation. In India, the rising issue of 'Racial Discrimination' has reached its peak in recent times.This story is about how all colours are the same in the eyes of the Almighty.

You can check out the story here:

Pls comment any opinions below:)

My December Writing Competition 2018

Colours of December

On the December before the last, it was the first time she opened her eyes to look at the world around her.Her innocent brown eyes surveyed  the large whitewashed room closely.Where was she? Where was the lady who was assigned the job of being her new best friend on this planet? Shouts of wonder seemed to come from the small group of people who were standing there, looking at her as though she had come from some  other planet altogether. She felt cold...terrified. Had she done something wrong?

At  that moment, two warm hands fondled her lovingly..and it felt like..as if ...in one moment ...everything had turned alright..everything was fine.The old lady who was looking at her doubtfully all this while smiled nervously.
"What would you like to name her?"
The fair lady who was caressing her with extreme affection looked up and said with a big smile on her face.
"Kali."

White vapors descended on the earth's surface. They...

My December Writing Competition 2018

Colours of December

On the December before the last, it was the first time she opened her eyes to look at the world around her.Her innocent brown eyes surveyed  the large whitewashed room closely.Where was she? Where was the lady who was assigned the job of being her new best friend on this planet? Shouts of and wonder seemed to come from the small group who were standing there, looking at her as though she had come from another planet altogether. She felt cold...terrified. Had she done something wrong?
In that moment, two warm hands fondled her lovingly..and it felt like..as if ...in one moment ...everything had turned alright..everything was fine.The old lady who was looking at her doubtfully all this while smiled nervously.
"What would you like to name her?"
"Kali."

White vapors descended on the earth's surface. They seemed to...

Turned to Stone

Gray

Once , in a gray world, there lived a girl. She sat on a swing,looking intently at the clouds. The gray clouds. The main cause of the gray patch which had stained her life to such extent that...that it could not washed off....
An outline of a living being was coming towards her. Slowly...Cautiously....as if it knew what was going to happen ....it came closer. More closer....yes..yes..she could see him now ! That stitch on the upper lip.Yes,that was him ! I am sorry Henry.'she said. ' I am really sorry. 'Her face hid behind a curtain of darkness as she pointed a revolver to him. 'I have to do this Henry....'
There was a sound ,and then.....all was over..

Turned to Stone

Gray

There was a sound ,and then.....all was over.

Free

I gaped at the lonely street  absent mindedly.The fog seemed to leave my eyes in a daze .It was five in the morning, but I was already up and about.I felt an strange impulse to run away...away into the fog...away from this perfect world.I wanted to be imperfect...I wanted to live my own life....to live my  own different life with all the horrible scars on my face.Because whatever happened...they were a special part of me and they were the only one who would never leave me.They were the only people who would embrace me at all times without any benefits of there own.But....nevertheless...I felt scared ...immensely scared at the the thought of vanishing into the fog all alone....forever.

I smiled at my own foolish conscience.I was not alone.The gray blanket which had now covered the ground seemed to
call me.....seemed to call me to a new life.
        I was not alone.I was free.

Snow flakes in Summer Chapter 2

The clock struck three o' clock.The ghostly white light was peeped inside the room through the room...hoping to avoid disturbing anyone.The sky was looking beautiful...with white rays streaking against it...like white paint streaked along a black canvas.The stars looked like Dad's eyes....always twinkling with laughter.Laughter....happiness....Dad..

Its Contest Time!!!

Prompt- My Write The World Family
Guys, 
  • Why do you visit this site ?
Word limit-900 to 1000 words or less
...

Novel Writing Competition 2018

Red revenge(Excerpt)

"I told you madam.The house is not safe."
It was 10:00 clock in the morning ,but Lhea was lying down on her bed as Mr.Cole,the watchman  continued giving his lecture.Now,Lhea had no other option but to listen to him.
"You should look for some other place."
"I tried Mr. Cole.But,I can't find any other empty house with the same atmosphere as this one .Since the time I set my eyes on this house...I know ...I know that there is something here...which would take me to the pinnacle of either glory or despair.Mr Cole...."
She looked at the old man with earnest eyes.
"I don't have any other option but to take the risk."
"So....You are still going to stay here?"
"Yes." she said adamantly."And I will need more than a ghost to drive me out!"
With those words,she marched off  to the kitchen ,only to find her breakfast waiting for her there.
"When did the cook come?" she asked. "Oh....he...

Novel Writing Competition 2018

Red revenge(Excerpt)

Have you ever tried waking up at  midnight??I  have to do it every night to put some roses on Teresa's grave......and mine...
What happened?Dumbstruck?Behold gentlemen... for this is just the beginning...

13th July,2018
"You should look for some other place."
"I tried Mr. Cole.But,I can't find any other empty house with the same atmosphere as this one ."
"When did the cook come?" she asked. "Oh....he came at about eight."

Lhea  was a girl of about 20,with large blue eyes,and a tiny...

Silences Have Secrets

The moonlit tower,stood in the middle of nothingness.Ferns coiled around the beautiful balcony,made it look prettier to the human eye.Maybe the moon knew that he would come tonight.The wooden door was basked with a ghostly light,as an eerie silence reigned over the place.The atmosphere was suddenly disturbed by the sound of hooves against the stone path leading to the tower.A ginger horse strutted lazily towards the place,as it's handsome master called out, "Emily? EMILY ??"
No one answered.The traveler twitched his eyebrows,as he came near the moonlit wooden door. "Can you hear me Emily ? It's me....it's...it's ME ! Look here....I've come for you! "
The feeling of nothingness prevailed throughout the place.The traveler felt disheartened.He anticipated the girl to suddenly look down into his grey eyes and surprise him,like she often did.Then they would laugh together,and he would take her away with him.But....nothing of that sort seemed to happen.
"Who are you sir?"
The traveler shook frightenedly ,as someone...

Silences Have Secrets

"Who are you sir?"

Novel Writing Competition 2018

Red revenge(Excerpt)

What happened?Dumbstruck?Behold yourself....this is just the beginning.

"You should look for some other place."
"I tried Mr. Cole.But,I can't find any empty house with the same atmosphere as this one has."

Lhea  was a girl of about 20,with large blue eyes,and a tiny mole on her nose.She had...

Novel Writing Competition 2018

Red revenge(Excerpt)

"You should look for some other place."

Lhea  was a girl of about 20,with large blue eyes,and a tiny mole on her nose.Even though she had several moles in,almost,every part of  her pale body,that particular mole held a significant place in her heart.She had soft Brown curls ,and dimples to complete the perfect...

Novel Writing Competition 2018

Red revenge(Excerpt)

"You should look for some other place."

Turned to Stone

Gray

Once , in a grey world, there lived a girl. She sat on a swing,looking intently at the clouds. The grey clouds. The main cause of the grey patch which had stained her life to such extent that...that it could not washed off....

Once the World Was...

Why does the crow live in the city??

The wind was creeping inside his room as if it was a crook on a thieving adventure.Black was slowly turning into violet,when he suddenly remembered the date.It was 16th November.There was not much time left ...
He imitated the wind and slowly crept out of the large and airy room where he lived .It was a kind of school,a 'pathshala' ,as they called it in Bengali. A beautiful garden stood in front of the school room.It was a colourful fruit garden,where you could find  practically anything you wanted.
"I must get to her immediately,but it may be too late.O Almighty!Please give me the strenght to bear it!!"
Tears flowed down his blue cheeks,as he flew out of his room.
"O Mr.Peacockwhere are you going so early?Aren't you opening your 'pathshala' today?"
The peacock was startled by the sudden visit from Mr.Crow.He was at a loss of words and could only fumble,"Yah yes...I mean... no...I mean..."
"I...

Open Prompt

Dark

There was pitch darkness all around as I lay unconscious on the white marble floor.There was not a soul around and an eerie silence spread throughout the room.Even though,there was no being there,a voice seemed to hover about the place.A place of emptiness and devastation.But....where was I?
This was the question I had asked myself many times.Where was I?What was my purpose there?Would I be locked there for life?
Or one day I would break free from that place and be free forever.
Slowly,consciousness  rendered back in my soul.My body wanted to open  my eyes,to get up,to open the lock and go out of the room, to be free.But....but my mind didn't agree.It didn't want to run.It wanted that serenity.That eerie atmosphere awed it.
I lay in there, in that dark,dark room,full of serine passions and dreams.I did not know ,what awaited me in there.But I didn't want to either.

Plans

"Let's do  it then."
"Tomorrow night?"
"Yup."
"Hmm...I think so..."
"What do you mean by I think so?"
"Yah?"
"Well...I'm taking it ."
"Whatever for?"
"We can play...or..."
A sudden idea struck his mind.
"How much money will it make?"
"Hmm..OK then...take it."
As they...

Open Prompt

Dark

I lay in there, in that dark,dark room,full of serine passions and dreams.I did not know ,what awaited me in there.But I didn't want to.I really didn't.

Plans

"Let's do  it then."
"Tomorrow night?"
"Yup."
"Hmm...I think so..."
"What do you mean by I think so?"
"Yah?"
"Well...I'm taking it ."
"Whatever for?"
"We can play...or..."
A sudden idea struck his mind.
"How much money will it make?"
"Hmm..OK then...take it."
As they...

Breeze

Have you ever looked at the sky?Have you ever,in your life played with those white clouds which float smoothly in the vast blue sky?Have you ever,ever in this short useless life,flown with those colourful birds,who fly south every year?Neither have I.Or...maybe...I have.
No no...not physically...I have done all the above things,mentally.Whenever I am short of any ideas to write, I feel the cold breeze of the vast suburban sky on my face.The sound of the flapping of  wings of a wild swan who is flying South with his family.I wish I could also go with them.Far...far away from this dishonest world...

Personal Essay Competition: Making Change

A Change In Thought

The clouds were floating  in the sky.Those...white clouds...which looked like cotton candy to the  young  girl,were like a small heap of joy to her,but ...like many other things...it was also floating away from her...far...far away....
It was not easy for her,looking at her brother dressing up in those fine clothes every morning,and then travelling to that place...that place ...where she was not allowed to go.She noticed ,every evening...when her brother came back from that strange place,he locked himself up in his room and stayed there till it was time for dinner.
"Where is Ramu,Ma?"  she had asked mother once.
"He is studying dear." The lady said earnestly .
"Is that really important?'
"Why...yes!Of course!If he studies now,then when he will grow up,he can make lots of money for our family."
"Then why don't I study too?I..I also want to help my family."
Her mother looked at her with wide eyes."Why do you want to study ,dear?There is so much to...