MimiChoudhury

Broken
Broken like the new China Vase lying on the sheath
Broken like my heart
Broken like my soul

M working on a booookkkkkkkk...hope i can finish writing this one

Writing for Children Competition 2020

Plans

"Let's do  it then."
"Tomorrow night?"
"Yup."
It was three in the morning.The sky was pitch dark and there was no one around...that was...except two boys.
"So we have the necessary things-do we?"
"Hmm...I think so..."
Aakash twitched his mouth nervously.The truth was that he had stuffed so many toys in his bag that there was literally no space for any 'necessary item'.
"What do you mean by I think so?"
Sunil had sensed the brittleness of Aakash's sentence.He knew him for four  long years .Aakash was now in 8th grade, but his habit of collecting toys had not gone.
"Well..you know...that American toy pistol I got from my uncle?"
"Yah?"
"Well...I'm taking it ."
"Whatever for?"
"We can play...or..."
A sudden idea struck his mind.
"...we can sell it to a toy vendor when we are in need of money!"
"How much money will it make?"
"Oh...atleast a hundree rupes...it is really antique you know?"
"Hmm..OK then...take it." ...

Writing for Children Competition 2020

Plans

"Let's do  it then."
"Tomorrow night?"
"Yup."
"Hmm...I think so..."
"What do you mean by I think so?"
"Yah?"
"Well...I'm taking it ."
"Whatever for?"
"We can play...or..."
A sudden idea struck his mind.
"How much money will it make?"
"Hmm..OK then...take it." ...

Why I Don't celebrate Valentine's day#writersperception

I was skipping up and down the broken lane. Today....today would be the day....

I could already hear his wonderful musical voice from there. His gentle warm hands, touching my blonde hair , rechristening all those memories that we had left years before. But now, it was time to give them a new name.

My happiness knew no bounds , when I found out his address from Sarah. Tears had welled up my eyes, as I thanked her profusely and set out to surprise him. I could already see his blue eyes gaping at me in wonder and excitement.

Today I  would tell what I could not tell five years earlier.

My heart began fluttering when I reached the iron gate of his house. The moment...the moment....

Trring !!Trring!!!

I looked up hopefully to see his awestruck eyes looking at me in wonder and excitement, but saw a sickly looking woman looking down at me curiously.
"What do you want??" ...

Its Contest Time!!!

'Writing is an exploration.You start from nothing and learn as you go.
We ,the WtW community, are like a close knit family with different cultures,religions and countries.From the day since I became a member of this family, each and every member in it has returned the care,the comfort...they have inspired me...inspired me to write .They inspired me to develop my writing style...To explore new genres...To write my heart out in this site.
So guys, to strenghthen this everlasting bond between this loving family, I bring to you a contest.
Prompt- My Write The World Family
Guys, 
you can write your heart out on what this site has given you.Make sure you cover these points :
  • Why do you visit this site ?
  • What have you received from this site?
  • How did this site awaken the interest of writing in you?
  • What have you received from the WtW  family?
Word limit-900 to 1000 words or less
Participation fees-A follow to my profile.
...

My December Competition 2019

My December. ( please like and review)

As I looked out of the window sill to imbue the mesmerizing soft solid drizzling vividly from the scarlett coloured sky,  I found the dense droplets of water vapour staring back at me instead. This year...there was going to be no sign of snow in the country. Or so I've heard.

Frozen 2 had just hit the theatres on 22nd November... but there was still no sign of winter in India.

As my head rested on the violet cushion that Mumma had gifted to me for an early Christmas present, my eyes tentatively went back to the scene outside the window. Last year there had been a cluster of boys runnings about in the field, clearing up the snow. This year, it was just the smog. 

I remember riding  up to my uncle's house on the 25th of each and every December . The date held a special significance for us - not only because it was Christmas , but also because...

Crumple Horned Snorkack

"You see that ?"
"Which one-?"
"-No . Never mind. You can go now. Thanks for the help."
The black eyes looked down at the silver  ones, as she smiled . "Nargles are real by the way. I know that its kind of unrealistic but-"
"Its not- I mean - na-Nargles CAN EXIST. So can cru-cru-"
"Crumpled Horned Snorkack? Do you think they exist for real? Have you ever witnessed them? Oh-"

Her pale face glowed in pleasure as she exclaimed  ,"I believe all about them but I've never seen them. Did you really see them? Can you show them to me?"
Her eyes shone like bright stars against a dark backdrop, and the tall dark haired man had to suppress a sudden urge to do something desperate that suddenly erupted in his stomach.

"I-I will try to show y-you." 
"When."
"Some day."
"Some day?"
"Yes Luna." He suddenly went down on his knees in front of the dirty...

Home-schooled Chapter 1

'Ma'am-'

'No Sarah. What you did was wrong, really wrong.'
'Yes, but ma-'

'Do you have any idea?? Do you have any idea that with this one act, you have brought down the name of the entire school along with you?? Because you YOU- no one is wanting to admit there kids here any-'
'Ma-'

'No Sarah, this won't do. I have to call your parents.'

'No ma'am , please don't . Please! Please give me one last chance. Please ma'am- please...I' beg of you....I'll-'

'I don't know how this might end Sarah. But, all that I can tell is that..it's not going to be very nice for you.'

...................................................................................... 

The sun was up already, although it looked a little overworked. The red munia, who would have to pack it's luggage and leave for the southern skies this winter, was hunting around desperately...

Contest!!! #potterheadforever

" You are just as sane as I am. "

Growing up, most of us have kept aside a special part of our heart for a mere series of novels. Can you...by any chance....even name a person who has read the series but not liked it. Oh, leave word like ...can anyone out here even name a person who had not declared this series the best series in the whole wide world after finishing it??? Now , look at me....I was barely somewhere near the middle of the series when I declared myself to be the greatest potterhead in the entire milky way galaxy!!! And since then, my addiction to the Wizarding Universe has been...like...you know ...highly contagious. My brother was not into Harry Potter that much when I started, and now...there's been no such second during which he doesn't touch the novels ;D

So here's to all of you who eat sleep and breathe Harry Potter throughout the...

Mimi's #questionsthatneedanswers

1. Did you ever have that moment when you realized that you could've taken the easy way instead is suffering? Was your suffering worth it?

Ummm....I was bullied till sixth grade ...and I Don't think it was worth it . ( I know that was really lame )

2. What's your favorite time of day?

Dawn . Relaxing on my couch, with my diary and a cup of hot cocoa , while looking at the wonderful combination of colours outside my study window really makes my day :)

3.What's the saddest word in the English language? Why?​

Love( it is bound to make your tears fall ...if not now..maybe sometime..but it is bound to make those eyes well up with tears)

4.Do you ever have that feeling you're being watched as you write your stories??

Umm....no...I guess. I have the feeling of being watched while playing Temple Run Btw ;)

5.How do you feel about the number 7?

Thats my...

Home-schooled Chapter 4

Chapter 3

"Excuse me, can I sit here?"

The blonde haired lad jumped back in surprise, while the brown haired boy, with whom the former was having a deep conversation, gave the girl a flirtarous smile.

"Oh hey, yah....I mean, of course!!"

Smiling uneasily, Sarah took the seat next to the Blondie , who had already resumed the conversation ; but the other lad did not appear to be listening , his blue eyes continuosly floating away in the direction of the brown haired girl sitting in front .

Meanwhile, a ferocious battle was taking place inside Sarah's head:

Who is she?

Maybe she's a friend.

Oh please, a friend would never look at
her ally like that.

Maybe that's her habit.

Why is she not showcasing this extremely outrageous habit of hers to anyone else then?

Maybe, because you're special.

How am I special?Wait- do you mean-

No no no, its not what you think you are thinking. Maybe........

Poetry and Spoken Word Competition 2019

Unnoticed

Hot water streamed down, 
Against the soft surface.
With diligence,
It went down the rosy plateau.
Unnoticed by others,
But known to itself,
It splashed against an object,
And terminated its flow.
While the source looked up ,
With new found hope.
And the soft surface,
Glowed with a golden shine.
The plateau smiled softly,
Unnoticed by others.

Hundred Years#onlyonehundred

It was mid spring with a scent of lavender in the air. The bright petunias had found its way into the window sill, while the  Boston ivy clampered into the rusted iron , making the whole scenery look like a fairytale . The burgundy rocking chair lay empty beside the window, as if longing for the tender touches of its old mistress. The mistress... who now lay peacefully on the crooked bed, with a letter in her cold lifeless hands:

Dear Ivy,
               A hundred years gone by
               Waiting for you .
               But how can I explain
               That  I could wait for you
               For eternity.

Beside the bed, upon the hard cold floor, lay the corpse of an old man, his hands inches from the lady...

Home-schooled Chapter 3

Chapter 1
Chapter 2

Sarah's stomach crumpled backwards. Then, it gave a violent  lurch, and felt as if the monster had risen again...to take control of her mind...her senses...her brain..her reflexes ...again.

'Why can't I be home-schooled again?'

The question had forced it's way out of the girl's mouth before she could stop it. She knew the answer really well....had been forced to listen to it multiple times throughout the day; but the constant lurching of her brain and stomach had been setting off her mind in a state of acute dilemma. She had no other option -her brain  knew that- but, whatsoever.....

'You can't be dear.' her father said gently. Same answer , just missing the explanations ; not that she was going to ask for them anyway.

The car slowly edged around the corner as it stopped in front of the familiar building, that Sarah had come across in the morning. 'LakeView High School'. Her second home...

Home-schooled Chapter 2

Chapter 1

'Yes, I know mom. You don't need  to keep reminding me that from time to time.'

'I do. Because, if something like that aga-'

'Oh please mom, give me a rest !'
She slammed the door after her, leaving her mother to croon over her daughter's audacity.

The sun was shining brightly in the sky, but it seemed to have stole all its light from Sarah's heart. As she caressed the bird gently, her sister came jumping down the stairs . Emily was her younger sister ;  very pretty, with long blonde hair and blue eyes, she  was the "angel" of her mother's eyes. It had been so from her childhood in the Williams household, and it didn't really help when they got the news of Sarah's - well...that story can wait.

'Good morning Sa- Aww....where did you get her from??'
'Oh- she?? Ms Emily Williams ,' Sarah straightened herself up-to her entire  height. 'Let me introduce...

Home-schooled Chapter 3

Chapter 1
Chapter 2

Sarah's stomach crumpled backwards. Then, it gave a lurch, and felt as if the monster had risen again...to take control of her mind...her senses...her brain..her reflexes.

'Why can't I be home-schooled again?'

The question had forced it's way out of the girl's mouth before she could stop it. She knew......knew the answer......had been forced to listen to it multiple times throughout the day; but the constant lurching of her brain and stomach had been setting her mind in a state of acute dilemma. She had no other option -she knew that- but, whatsoever.....

'You can't be dear.' her father said gently. Same answer , just missing the explanations that was; not that she was going to ask for them anyway.

The car slowly edged around the corner as it stopped in front of the familiar building, that Sarah had come across in the morning. 'LakeView High School'. Her second home for...at-least...two years (provided the monst- oh...

Home-schooled Chapter 2

Chapter 1

'Yes, I know mom. You don't need to keep reminding me that from time to time.'

'Oh please mom, give me a rest !'

'Oh- she?? Ms Emily Williams ,' Sarah straightened herself up-to her entire  height. 'Let me introduce you to a new member of this family, whose name is.......well...ummm.....Daisy!!'
The blue-eyed girl in front of her stuck out her tongue, ' That's a horrendous name , you dimwit!! Wait, let me think up something better than that-'

'Hello girls! Has anyone of you seen your mother.'
Sarah nodded apprehensively , and pointed towards her room. The man stared at her, his blue eyes on the brown ones.

'What happened?'

'What d'you mean?'

'Any quarrel between you an-'

Sarah gave in. She launched herself...

Home-schooled Chapter 2

Chapter 1

'Oh please mom, give me a rest !'

'Good morning Sarah!! Aww....who is that cutie-pie?'

'What happened?'

'What d'you mean?'

'Any quarrel between you an-'

Sarah gave in. She launched herself on the...

Tiny Love Story

Crumple Horned Snorkack

"You see that ?"
"Which one-?"

"I-I will try to show y-you." 
"When."
"Some day."
"Some day?"

Snow Flakes In Summer Chapter 8

Before reading this chapter, check out the previous chapter : https://writetheworld.com/groups/1/free_writing/101506/versions/192860
.................................................................................................................................................................................................

Sam stared at me in acute  shock and bewilderment, as I held out a bundle of hundred dollar notes from the bag.
"So is this what you've been doing all these days??? You big fat liar!!" I yelled at the top of my voice. Never before had I lost control like this. "What IS THIS?? I SAY ...WHAT IS THIS?????!!!!!"

Abner gave a smirk at the white faced girl, as he turned to me, "You know what Lara? I never really trusted this girl. Always knew she was up to something. And how do you know..."

He left his position to slowly walk towards Sam , facing the girl with a smug expression on his face, "...she might have been also involved in the murder of your..."
"No!!" A loud shriek came from the auburn haired girl. "Whatever are you trying to say...how dare  you put the blame...

Snow Flakes in Summer Chapter 7

The sun seemed to be peeking from the distant hilltop , with its magnificent light ebbing away into the mysterious stillness of the night.

As I turned around in the bed for the thirteenth time, a loud creak from the front door made me look up. 5:00 AM. Not a nice time to get back home.

Grinning victoriously, I quitely slipped into Sam's room. The girl was standing wide-eyed , facing the mirror , with a large bag on her shoulders. "Good Game girl!!!"

Sam almost went off balance as she swung round to confront me. Her face looked like a blank sheet of paper, while her eyes were streaming with tears.
"Where were you? You lied to me last time and-"
"Please Lara -" she  cut across me. Tears flowed down her freckled cheeks as she looked at me pleadingly.
"Please!! I beg of you . Don't start now. "
Something forced me to look into the tearstained face. ...

#mystoryq&a

So....I tried out this thing  recently.(I know..really late) but nevertheless, I did it and here it is.
do you still live where you were born? 

Maybe yes maybe no. I am in the same state nevertheless.( I was born in Darjeeling but here I am in Kolkata. So what do you call that?)

how many languages do you speak/study? 

I can speak English, Bengali(my mother tongue), Hindi, Spanish(learned it online out of sudden interest) and Sanskrit( never liked it but nevertheless we must learn it for school).

do you consider yourself a good student? 

I consider myself as an average student. So .... does average qualify as good?? I Don't know.

do you sport? 

I am actually the only girl in my grade who is into football. I just loovvvee the game and also take personal coaching. But unfortunately , there's no girls' football team in our school.

are you religious? 

Yes i am. Very much.

what should you be doing...

Snow Flakes in Summer Chapter 6

"I know who killed your father Lara. It was A-"
The old man could never finish his sentence. For in the middle of the overcrowded cafetaria, a  gunshot split the silence. The sound echoed throughout the place, as the people ran completely amock. And in the midst of all the confusion, I sat on my chair like a defeated soldier in a battle that ended before it ever started. Gasps and screams of fear and anxiety could be heard everywhere, but my eyes were only for the lifeless old man sitting in front of me. 
The police rushed in to control the situation . I felt numb......numb and heart broken......so close..... I was so close. As the officers escorted me out of the cafetaria, I glanced at the old man's face for the last time. What did Mr. Clearwater want to say to me??

Suddenly, like a sudden electric shock, I felt a hand grasp my elbow hard  and pull...

Snow Flakes in Summer Chapter 5

" I am not sure about this."
" I know."
" I am telling you, this can be dangerous."
" I know."

The sky was streaked with gentle stokes of light blue,  with a few dark shades here and there. The soft white snow  that lay on the leaves of the pine tree, added a majestic charisma to the whole scenery outside the window. The atmosphere gave me a wild sensation to run away.....far away.... where there wouldn't be any bonds, any ties, any  meetings. Sometimes I longed to become a bird...but.. even a bird could be captured  in a cage. I didn't want to back off..no...backing off was not in my line....but I was also.. like Abner ...really scared to face the truth. To be reminded of the gruesome fact that my father was dead. That man was no more.

Still lost in another world, I slowly slipped into a pair of jeans and a satin top. Taking my...

Snow Flakes in Summer Chapter 4

1st Chapter:https://writetheworld.com/groups/1/shared/90772/version/171753
2nd Chapter:https://writetheworld.com/groups/1/shared/91147/version/173610
3rd Chapter:https://writetheworld.com/groups/1/shared/92821/version/175963

................................................................

"Lara, you would not believe....."

The auburn haired girl stood gasping for breathe at the front door. Although it was quite chilly outside, her red face was full of perspiration. 
A faint music came to my ears from a distance. Christmas Carols. I gaped outside the window in enthusiasm, quite forgetting that a lady was still waiting for me at the door. 

The white delicate solid had formed a fine sheet on the roof of the nearby cottage. Some newly bought red curtains had been hung at the entrance, making the scene look like  a picture. A little child ran around the snow covered pavement, as a young man chased her and was finally capable in capturing her. He held the girl fondly in his lap and kissed her lovingly on the forehead.

I could peer at them forever, for as they laughed , my imagination played a picture of a younger me...

#MWTWfamily WINNERS ANNOUNCED!!!!

I know that its been two whole weeks, after the deadline to my  contest ended,and that I'm terribly late. I'd  been quite busy over the two weeks with family,school and the fact that I had been working on the fifth chapter of 'Snow Flakes in Summer'.  Please check it out.
This was my first contest in this site, and I am so grateful to you guys for supporting me in this attempt. All the pieces were so wonderful, that I had a really tough time choosing the winners. Each and every piece just left me full of awe and wonder. A big big biiggg thank you to all who participated. I love you guys.

And now.....for the results......

The Third Rank goes to-
Chayma  Abbassi
I loved your piece. It was so pleasant to read something like that. 

The Second Rank goes to-
Quille

Your piece was like...wow!!! I literally was cutting onions while reading the piece. It really touched...

Please Help Me Guys!!

So, this was a reminder to my #MWTWstory or #MWTWpoem contest. Till date, I 've recieved just 2 entries, and the last date is.... tomorrow. Guys, the contest is as simple as it can be. You have to just write about what you have recieved from this site so far. Why is this icon always present on extreme left corner your Google homescreen?? Just write your heart out .... and please mention the link to your piece in the comment section below.

2019

Welcome 2K19

Have you ever looked up at the sky, to glance at the Red Munia fly away southwards along with it's family? It seems to be their for one moment, gone the rest...to welcome the path to another flock of birds.
2018 seemed to fly past  like a soaring bird. I still run to my Grandmother's room every morning, just to gaze at the empty bed. So many things seem to have changed. The number of members in our family, the number of chairs I have to assemble daily for dinner, and the frequent calls by my "Damma" . 
But 2019.....seems to be ... promising...

Ingredients for the Perfect 2K19 :
2 cups of hope
1 cup of tears
3 cups of love
1 sliver of sorrow
6 handfuls of books
9 tablespoons of courage
11 teaspoons of self-trust

Whisk all the ingredients together and bake at 100○C in the oven of life.

Put plentiful of happiness on top and...

2019

Welcome 2K19

Ingredients for the Perfect 2K19 :
2 cups of hope
1 cup of tears
3 cups of love
1 sliver of sorrow
6 handfuls of books
9 tablespoons of courage
11 teaspoons of self-trust

Add plentiful of happiness on top and serve hot.

Hope you have a Wonderful 2K19!!!!

Guys!!!!

Just 1 week left guys!!!!! What are you waiting for?? Just click here and find out.

Snow Flakes in Summer Chapter 4

"Lara, you would not believe....."

Turned to Stone

Gray

Once , in a gray world, there lived a girl. She sat on a swing,looking intently at the clouds. The gray clouds. The main cause of the gray patch which had stained her life to such extent that...that it could not washed off....
An outline of a living being was coming towards her. Slowly...Cautiously....as if it knew what was going to happen ....it came closer. More closer....yes..yes..she could see him now ! That stitch on the upper lip.Yes,that was him ! I am sorry Henry.'she said. ' I am really sorry. 'Her face hid behind a curtain of darkness as she pointed a revolver to him. 'I have to do this Henry....'
There was a sound ,and then.....all was over..

Turned to Stone

Gray

There was a sound ,and then.....all was over.

Turned to Stone

Gray

Once , in a grey world, there lived a girl. She sat on a swing,looking intently at the clouds. The grey clouds. The main cause of the grey patch which had stained her life to such extent that...that it could not washed off....