Turah Hills 45

I've lived in three different sates, currant one included. Spend most of my time reading and thinking of new things. One thing that ticks me off is not having things around me in order. Whether for life or writing.

Open Prompt

Where Things Lie

The door slowly opens the rest of the way. What in the world is going on? This is a cruise, not a game show! But the door was still open. Waiting, begging me to go through it and get the answers I wanted.
    Almost against my will, I get up and walk ever so steadily to the door. I am just an inch away from the door when I hear it. Screaming. Some scared. Someone panicked. I flinch, but stay calm even though my mind is yelling at me to do something.But I just stand, doing nothing.
    After what seems like an hour, the screaming stops. With that, my mind and body finally catch up with each other.
    I fall to the bed trying to figure out what the world is going on. Why is this happening? What is the purpose? Is it some kind of game? Or is there on actual murderer on the loose? More...

All Talk

Misunderstandings

What are you doing!
You told me to do, so I'm doing it.
I didn't mean literally. So stop it.
Umm? You sounded serious when you said it.
Ugh. It you should know by now that most things I say are to beignored.
Then why did you even say ti the first place?
You were bored. I was bored. So I said the first thing that came to mind to get you out of my way.
And that was to let me take the ladder and get on the roof and jump off?
No! Like I said, it was just to get you out of the way. And a good thing I came out before you got any further with it.
To bad to break it to you, Bro. I did it already. And can't stop me now. I'm jumping off again.

I guess I should've listened to you when you told me stop.
Yeah, you should've. You are always...

Open Prompt

Where Things Lie

"You think you got the best of me!"(1)

"Yes, I do!"

"It might seem crazy what about to say,"(2) He said, "But you're wrong. I'm doing what we're told."(3)

"I should probably warn you I should be just fine(2) without you then," I retorted. "I'm leaving. Good luck." I stomped off in the opposite way, still steaming with anger. He doesn't know hat he's talking about.

I ran fast. Crashing through the dark woods. It's I've ever know. A dark world, with only fires or torches to light the world around me. I guess what doesn't kill makes you stronger(1),right? Until now. The creature, or even a monster, has been after me for the last day. I felt it watching, plotting, following me. It didn't start chasing me until... An hour? I don't know. And don't care. I just wanted to lose it so I could rest.

Man, why can't I lose him!I zipped in and out of trees. Hope...

All in a Name

The Name

Looking down at the new born baby girl, their first girl, they knew the name they had was perfect. She was all they had ever hoped for. 

That was me. Seventeen years ago. I knew I was a more of a wild kid rowing up. I once fell in a ditch by our house when I was about four. I also was a little bit of a dare devil. I did a lot of things as a kid. I think my name played a part in it. It gave me an identity. My name, in a sense, means fragrance, sacrifice, and incense. I've always liked my name. It comes from a part of another name from the bible. 

Stories about my name, there lots of those. It funny cause when people try to say my name, they butcher it. Buts its gotten better over the years. They mostly just ask how to say then trying it figure it out on their...

Six-Word Memoir

Love, Chaos

Love is forever; happiness is chaos.

A Signature Capability

The Arrow

He flourished on a signature capability, aiming the point of the arrow at the target. An thousand feet away through trees and other obstacles.A straight shot, one thousand-five-hunred to two-thousand feet away. Easy.

Caff was in the woods practicing his new found skill. He found out only a month before when he entered a county archery competition. For fun. Even though he's never done anything like it before. Caff quickly went up and made it to state and country. He could have made it to world, but decided not to and just have be as a hobbie. Here he was, taking a break from life. Shooting different directions, poistions, and even ways never tried before. 

Caff is upside down haning from a tree looking where to shoot. He heard a rustle in the bushes to the left. He shifted the bow towards the sound. Pulled back the bow and called out, "Who's there? Come out where I can see you...

Open Prompt

Where Things Lie

I had a thought a couple days ago about writing stories. You know how songs tell their own story? So I thought "Why not make a story with the lyrics of a song from different songs?" I think it could be really fun. So here I go. I'm jumping in.

*****

"You think you got the best of me!"(1)

"Yes, I do!"

I...

My December 2016

A White Christmas

My days speed by with the wishings of snow before christmas morning, for a white christmas, and seeing the days be filled more and more with the spirit of service and festivies. 

A white chrstmas no matter what. One christmas we started getting lots of snow in October. We had lots of fun in it that year. But the years after that, the snow was less and less. Melting. Going away just to wishing it would come back for christmas. 

Five Novel Titles

Titles

What?

Separated 

Why not?

Life

You. Me. Us?

Five Novel Titles

Titles

What?

Separated 

Why not?

Life

You? Me? Us?

On the Last Day of the World

Why Not Live it Your Way?

On the last day of the world
I would spend time my family.

On the last day of the world
I would want to see the sights the world gives.

On the last day of the world
I would want to find my place in nature.

On the last day of the world
I would say thanks to those who made an impact in my life.

On the last day of the world
I would live life to the fullest.

Living People

Going on With life

First thing you need to know about me is that I never have life everybody thinks I have. I don't know how they don't see that or believe it, but they see what they want and believe what they want to believe. I have very different dreams and are very weird. Because of these dreams of and lack of sleep. I wake up late. 

I jolted awake, looked at the clock, and ran to the bathroom. I didn't bother talking a shower, I was already running late. I brushed my teeth, put my hair up and then went back in my room. I grabbed by bag off the floor and went racing down the stairs. And many at that. Our house is huge! I grabbed the keys on the counter to take the car. I already missed the bus. So might as well take the car while my folks are gone. 

Thisisn't how I would start my day, but...