Maxresdefault

SparklingEmbers

Born an Ember
Growing a Flame
Now a Fire
Love to Write
Dream to Aspire

Do You Like Llamas?

Do you like llamas,?
sitting on the sunset
Do you like llamas?
sitting on the sunset, eating
Do you like llamas?
sitting on the sunset, eating cake with a spoon
Do you like llamas? 
sitting on the sunset, eating cake with a pink spoon
Do you like llamas?
Sitting on the sunset eating cake with a pink spoon with his friend
And his mom. 

-This is my friends song not mine, I do not own this amazing beauty.

A Story -COMPETITION

A story is something you tell, not only through words- but through your heart.
I'm doing my first contest- so excited! Guidelines down below:

Poem/Nonfiction Short story

Has to be true to you!

Has to be important to you!

Has to have changed you in some way!

As personal as you want it to be. 

Word minimum: 50 words - 10 stanzas 
Word maximum: The freaking sky. 

Deadline: January 5- this should give you time to brainstorm and write an amazing, meaningful story. 

First place- Follow, review, multiple shoutouts
Second place- Follow, review, one shoutout
Third place- Follow, review

Title:
Your title - #Story

Hope you enjoy and will do this competition! I will post my entre as an EXAMPLE so it's not biased :) happy writing!

A Story -COMPETITION

Poem/Nonfiction Short story

Has to be true to you!

Has to be important to you!

Has to have changed you in some way!

As personal as you want it to be. 

Word minimum: 50 words - 10 stanzas 
Word maximum: The freaking sky. 

Third place- Follow, review

Title:
Your title - #Story

Waves - #Story EXAMPLE

There are only two things that are truly beautiful- the sunset, and pie. 

Ten years ago, in the faraway land of Torch Lake Michigan, where the sun shimmers on the lake, creating illusions of lost loved ones through burning light, a tradition was held. 
Bubbling laughter was said to be heard over the lake, casting a glow like the setting sun, as we got ready for our first Poetry and Pie. 
Chairs were wrapped around a burning bonfire and the people sitting at them were laughing, smiling while looking at the sun over the waves and enjoying the presence of each other. 
It is at this exact place, in this exact time, that a tradition, a memory, sparked within the bonfire. 
My sister stood up and read an enchanting poem about miracles, and her words were followed by rewarding snaps, and the next person in the circle of readers. After everyone read, we looked over at the table which held...

A Story -COMPETITION

Poem/Nonfiction Short story

Has to be true to you!

Has to be important to you!

Has to have changed you in some way!

As personal as you want it to be. 

Word minimum: 50 words - 10 stanzas 

Third place- Follow, review

Title:
Your title - #Story

Holocaust COMPLETE Chapter 1

River. There was a river. I remember it now.                                                                                                            10/12/1940

I was told to run away, run far out of my house, but I missed my family already. 

I'm scarred, a sword drew across my face, leaving splatters of dark, thick liquid, and a pounding in my chest. My scream roared through my throat and it ripped open my ears. I was able to find sanctuary in the back of my grandpa's farmhouse. 

The dim light in front of me, which was an opened door, suddenly closed with an echoing thud. My breaths were thick and labored, it was so dark I couldn't see my hand in front...

Holocaust Chapter 2 (COMPLETE)

"Sir," I heard a growl next to me, in the tunnels of the labyrinth I was hiding in. I froze. "The boy escaped, I could not find him. The light burned out." 

"Arshchgeige." The commander spat. I tried to control my breaths but it was too much. I was too scared. I was hiding right under their noses.

Aleksander's voice rings in my ears. "They won't look for prisoners in their own prison." I sniffed, he was captured.

A slideshow of our brother moments plays in my head and tears swell my eyes.

He is now with them.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Haunting thoughts seize my mind and for the billionth time that day I shivered in fear. I was here, where the Nazi's were. I was in their past footprints, I was drowning in their stench. I was breathing in their cold air. I was in the place they walked us Jews toward our doom. I was where muddy puddles were being...

Holocaust Chapter 2 (COMPLETE)

He is now with them.

Cry

Mama says I can't cry. 
She scolds me when she beats me, she says crying is for the weak. 
Mama says I can't cry.
She doesn't love me. 
But she's trying to protect me. 

Cry

Mama says I can't cry. 
Mama says I can't cry.
She doesn't love me. 

Holocaust COMPLETE Chapter 1

Twist Q&A

Ready for this? 
I'm doing the Twist Q&A from RainAndSonder, link down below :)

1. What Hogwarts house do you think I am? 
2. What is your mental image of me? How do you think I look IRL? 
3. What's my aesthetic? 
4. What trope do I remind you of? Look up some tropes if you don't get this one or don't know any. 
5. What do you think my zodiac sign is?  
6. What's your favorite piece of mine? 
7. What do you like most about my writing? 
8. What fictional character do I remind you of? 
9. What song do I remind you of/resembles my personality? 
10. What meme am I? 
11. What book/movie do I remind you of? 
12. You know the rhyme about what girls are made of? What am I made of? 
13. What fandom am I probably in? 

Twist Q&A

Ready for this? 
I'm doing the Twist Q7A from RainAndSonder, link down below :)

3. What's my aesthetic? 
5. What do you think my zodiac sign is?  
6. What's your favorite piece of mine? 
10. What meme am I? 
11. What book/movie do I remind you of? 
13. What fandom am I probably in? 

Twist Q&A

Ready for this? 

3. What's my aesthetic? 
5. What do you think my zodiac sign is?  
6. What's your favorite piece of mine? 
10. What meme am I? 
11. What book/movie do I remind you of? 
13. What fandom am I probably in? 

Holocaust COMPLETE Chapter 1

Holocaust COMPLETE Chapter 1

River. There was a river. I remember it now. 
                                                                                                                                                                                        1940

I'm scarred, a sword drew across my face, leaving splatters of dark, thick liquid, and a pounding in my chest. My scream roared through my throat and it ripped open my ears. I was able to find sanctuary in the back...

Holocaust COMPLETE Chapter 1

1939

Drip (SCARY)

Dripping, a low, echoing dripping. Rhythmic to an eerie beat, I lay awake, staring at the full moon, an ethereal light. I hear crickets outside and tune in on their song- but the dripping was far too loud. It was coming from my bathroom and I thought my faucet was off, I got up to fix it, turned on the dim, flickering fluorescent light- and was frozen in horror. 

The sound of smearing gripped at my ears and I gritted my teeth, it was a howl almost, and as the sound crescendoed, I saw a pool of blood smear across the mirror. 

When the liquid faded, red words stuck to the mirror.
Drip into my heart- my love.

Drip (SCARY)

Drip onto my heart- my love.

Drip (SCARY)

Drip onto my heart- my love.

Voice Part 1

Ripples of shivers, a dark, cold feeling, and then darkness. 

I feel a hand placed on my shoulder and the impact made my lunch churn in my stomach. Lunch. I didn't have lunch. I've been trapped in this dark dystopia for days. "Come with me, Margot," I look up in the direction of the hand on my shoulder, but see nothing but the darkness and terrors that surround me. The voice and what I thought was a hand came out of thin air, and just like that, they evaporated. 

"Come with me and see the new sights." The voice was dripping down the back of my mind, I know that voice. I knew it from somewhere. "Come with me, Margot." it was poetic, almost like a song. The voice was low, aching, it rolled easily from whoever's tongue, but it stretched and strained my ears, the jaws of the indescribable. How am I supposed to word this low, deepening voice? This...

Shattered Part 1

Glass. The glass is all over the place, blood dribbles from my fingers and I tilt my head up to the roof. I cannot cry, I cannot cry in front of them. My mind has so many thoughts sprinting through it at this point, there isn't enough room for 'killing' in my eyes in the form of tears or blood on my conscious along with my fingers. But I can't cry in front of them. I can't scream. I can't move. Not in front of them. 

They are the reason we are here, they are the reason I am scared, they are the reason people are dying so rapidly, that's the reason I can't look through a kaleidoscope and see the wonders I used to see. 

They control everyone, they are the blood and bones of each individual, of each scream- they are the voice. Each  tear, rip, cry, they control. They devour all. 

Dappled Opalesence Part 1

Scarlet red, dappled orange, he only squeezed her hand tighter.
Harmonious silver and clear, their sweat was drained out by rain.
Iridescent yellow, the sun slipping behind blood red clouds
And all he saw was the monochrome scene.

Colors

“So, what is it like?” Iliza asked when they were down in the prison. “Being monochromatic? Being...unable to see-”
    “Don’t you dare say anything else.” The sharp voice of Nieko said in front of her. His long black hair covered his eyes but Iliza knew they were silver. “Because you don’t know what you’re talking about.”
    “Well-” Iliza tried to talk back, knowing she was of greater power than this boy, but he cut her off again.
    “Describe the color green.” Nieko commanded. His covered eyes piercing Iliza, to her his gaze and question felt like a million daggers seeping into her hands, her chest, her back, her body. She shuddered. “Go on,” He said when Iliza didn’t reply.
    “Um, it’s dark-well that’s not true, sometimes it can be light but-”
    “What is dark, what is light?” He said, almost as if he had scripted this.
    “Well...wait, you see shades right?”
    Nieko just...

Spectator

I watch the blood pool off his black cloak and watch his pained, labored breaths conclude. I watch the last of his beating heart rise from his chest. He is dead now. 

I finger the blood dipped knife and collect myself, the police will be here any minute. I hide the knife, and run off in the darkness of the night, remembering what I watched- what I did. 

Red Nose'd Sleigh Ride #Believe

My bubbling laugh sent crazy shivers down my spine- or maybe that was just the snow falling in flurries around me. Daniel had just stuck a carrot in our snowman- Bob's nose. I nearly fell on the ground laughing, well, actually I did. I spread my arms out wide and made a scrawny snow-angel. "Hey," I said from the ground. "Maybe Rudolf will see Bob tonight!" I exclaimed.

Daniel's eyes narrowed and he scowled as if he had just tasted a burnt Christmas cookie, bitter and singed. That reminded me I needed to make my own Christmas cookies for Santa, and feed the reindeer too! "Elliot. Listen up." I sat up. "Rudolf isn't real. It's just a figure of imagination. You're ten. It's time you knew the truth." 

I sighed at my brother's stupidity. "Prove it."

"How do you expect an old man to travel around the world and make billions of presents and stuff them into a sack and drag...

The Virus Chapter 2 (UPDATED - Not Complete)

I bolted awake when a sound of thunder, much like a whip, exploded outside my window.
Strange. I thought to myself. We never get thunderstorms anymore in the OutSrill...I tried to calm down but seconds later a flash of blinding white flipped over my eyes like a strange lens. After more than thirty minutes of trying to calm down, I decided to get up and take a walk. It was just rain after all, and I needed some way to get ahold of this new fear that ached me.
I grabbed my jacket and opened the door, stepping out to a massacre of rain.The sound was frightening, yet harmonious. I bit my lip to keep from screaming as a panic attack gripped my lungs and clawed at my heart. No. I scolded myself. It’s just a little rain, I can’t be scared of a little rain. I told myself as I walked straight into the Neer Forest.
There were...

Tick Tock - Scary

Once a girl named Reily was invited to her friend's house for a sleepover. When she arrived, her friend's parents told Reily that they would be sleeping in the guest room. The host girl was annoyed that they couldn't sleep in her own room but when the mother replied with: "Your aunt and uncle are coming, they're gonna sleep in your room because the bed is bigger." The girl sighed and dragged herself and Reily to the guest room. 

"This is our boring guest room," She'd pointed out. Reily didn't think it was boring, the room was painted sky blue and right in front of the bed was an old grandfather clock. 

The night passed quickly and soon the girls were asleep at ten. 

Reily woke when she heard a child's voice somewhere in the room. It sounded as if it was in the clock. 

Tick, tock. Tick, tock. Ten more minutes 'til twelve o'clock. 

She nudged her friend, not...

#tenwords (not)

Fresh out of an oven, smoke curls off her skin  THIS IS NOT MY ENTREEEEEE!!!!!!!

#tenwords (not)

Fresh out of an oven, smoke curls off her skin

#tenwords (not)

Hurling out of an oven, smoke curls off her skin

There were...

The Virus - Chapter 1 (Complete)

Fifteen years later - After the Prologue
The rain crashed hard against our black coats and rolled off our dark umbrellas. Rain, it was the perfect stereotypical weather for a funeral.
I tried hard to hear the priest over the rain and over the thoughts that pressed me to the ground- “we remember Vanessa with not a hole in our heart, but a light in our soul, she was a great woman and needn’t see us mourn for her, no, she was too humble for that.” I scoffed at the lies he was telling. Mom wasn’t humble, she was selfless, there’s an antagonizing difference. “We needn’t mourn for long, as I said already, she would not have wanted it.” Needn’t? No one has used that word since the beginning of Zemira…
Zemira, we were lucky enough to have our funeral in Zemira rather than the cold hard Northern OutSrill where I live and work my butt off trying to pay...

Vivid ~ Part 2

It's the death of me to admit it, but I'm just a weak kid. A boy who was born with white milky, foggy eyes, but raised the sensation of an ear cut off. If people think they can mess with me though...
They are so wrong. 
Jespin smiles, I can 'hear' it in my mind, cracking his cheeks apart and strumming on his tongue.  stop it I think furiously. What makes him think he can throw me around like that? It just isn't fair. 
Nothing is. 

Vivid ~ Part 1

The ground shook below me, or maybe that was just my legs. Anger ripped through my throat in the form of a low growl. My sparkling grey eyes looked up with the tilt of my head. They were swelled with tears. I felt my hair push back as the rapid sensation of my back being thrown to a brick wall commenced. Then like lightning, it ceased. I couldn't see anything, but I knew what he looked like. 
Colors; Secrets. Shapes; Feelings.
I see emotion, I hear frustration- and I don't like it. 
It's coming off silhouettes of young men in crashing waves. When they walk I can hear the cement crunch. When they look at me I can see their eyes, bright, daring. But I can't see; I can't hear.

My December Writing Competition 2018

Green Christmas

I am from green Christmas
Risking a jump into an unheated pool at night
Feeling a hurricane of shivers attack me
Cascading down my spine
Spreading its icy feeling all over my body
Nearly stopping my heart from the shock of its freezing jaws
As I scramble out and splash back into the sizzling hot tub
Gaining the title- a new, proud member of the Polar Bear Club

I am from many failed attempts 
Stinging scratches
Bleeding cuts
Puncturing needles that make me wonder if decorating a cactus would be any less painful.
As my dad and I try to string,
Blinding blue lights
Around and around the blooming palm tree in our front yard
Who, like a grumpy old Scrooge, refuses to have any room...
for Christmas in his heart,
And decorations on his spiny trunk

I am from never-ending shopping trips,
Rushing out of the mall, 
In our littered-with-toys minivan
And splitting up to get as much shopping...

The Virus - Chapter 1 (NOT COMPLETE)

Fifteen years later
Zemira, we were lucky enough to have our funeral in Zemira rather than the cold hard Northern OutSrill where I live and work my butt off trying to pay off so my little...

Once the World Was...

Delibrate

Once the world was of blue skies and fluffy clouds
Birds called bluejays traced the sky. 
Once the world was endured in crowds
Populations growing. 
Now the world is grey and dusty
Smoke pouring out of crusty,
Old factories.
Earthquakes dig deep under
Making sounds of distant thunder
And I weep as I stare out to the skies of grey
And remember
What the world once was

The Virus - Prologue

“Mother, I’m scared,” Suri said through the glass that separated her from her family, that kept the Leven HYZ contained inside her.
    “Do not be,” There was a hint of sadness in her mother’s voice, a lance of fear hit her eyes, then faded, as if she was trying to keep her fear contained. Suri was only a girl of sixteen, it seemed unfortunate how she would be cursed with death. “Run away, run out of the wall of Zemira, do not let the TESTERZ see you…” TESTERZ. Testing the Essence, Soothing the Fears of Everyone in Residence of Zemira- they were scientists none wanted to meet. Though their government reputation was held to a positive quality, most knew they were thirsty to perform deadly experiments on people. “Run as far as you can, tell the guards you have the Virus, they’ll stay away from you. When you get to the northern OutSrill…” The OutSrill, the place outside of...