Film ref nysm 3

Raiquia

I am a 17 year old student that aims to pursue a career in screenwriting or writing in the future when I grow up. I especially wish to help those who are depressed

Hello. I write based off a lot of events that really occur to me, and most of the time I do my best to translate it into my poems and stories, as a form of venting and escape from the reality of pain. I like to think that people can enjoy my works and feel my world from my perspective through my writing.
Thank you to anyone who has read my works so far
I do hope you continue to support and give your reviews so that I may improve upon myself.

Thank you very much

Film ref nysm 3

Raiquia (Singapore) published:

D0LL PR0J3CT

The smile is a little strange,
it’s slight crooked, it must change.

The behaviour is far too peculiar,
it’s irregularity is becoming far too familiar.

It is annoying when it cries,
it is much too emotional, let it die.

It does not respond correctly,
it will one day speak perfectly.

There is no ability to maintain good composure,
it requires much more exposure:

To joy,
To happiness,
To disappointment
To punishment,
To anger,
To sorrow,
To pain,
To loneliness.

Only...

Seeking Peer Reviews

Film ref nysm 3

Raiquia (Singapore) published:

I'm Not Sorry

PROMPT: Flash Fiction Competition 2017

I don’t understand it always happen to me. Bruised arms, cut hair, torn books, shattered glasses. I still don’t understand.

Yet I’m glad that it was you. The one that placed pins in my shoes, vandalized my desk and mocked me daily. I’m relieved to know that you’re such a cruel, miserable, unapologetic, heartless bastard.

Because I don’t have a reason to feel sorry. You see, God has given me this once in a lifetime opportunity to discover...

Seeking Peer Reviews

Film ref nysm 3
1

Raiquia (Singapore) published:

Desire

I need you.

Your breath against my neck, 
a husky and quiet moan.
Our tongues intertwined,
a sloppy heated kiss.
My body pressed close to you,
a feeling of security. 

I need you.

Your charming smile and gaze,
piercing through my mask.
Our hands finally touching, 
everything is complete.
My days of emptiness end,
meeting you gives me life.

Seeking Peer Reviews

Film ref nysm 3
Reflection small

Raiquia (Singapore) started following Lone Warrior WWII (United States)

Film ref nysm 3

Raiquia (Singapore) published:

Death by Stress

PROMPT: Op-Ed Competition 2017

A person can die in so many abstract ways: being crushed under a tree, attacked by a violent squirrel, tripping over a banana peel and falling down a flight of stairs, planting a seed and getting an incurable disease from the soil, sex, masturbation (yes it's true, you can die from masturbation. You may be familiar with the story of a Brazilian teen who masturbated 42 times non-stop and dying - although I doubt too many people have the stamina...

Seeking Peer Reviews

Film ref nysm 3

Raiquia (Singapore) published:

Death by Stress

PROMPT: Op-Ed Competition 2017

Seeking Peer Reviews

Film ref nysm 3

Raiquia (Singapore) published:

Cold Breath

The cold winds of Canada blow, snowflakes fall and gently rest on your skin. Wearing nothing but your casual clothes, you pick up your phone and begin to record a short video. The crunching of the snow beneath your feet can be heard, as you look into the camera, slightly awkward as you take a moment to gather your thoughts. "Hey," you begin, and your voice is all I need to hear for me to break into a small smile. 

Across...

Film ref nysm 3

Raiquia (Singapore) published:

In The Dark

The darkness is my friend,
it shields me from the light.
It cradles me in eternity,
despite leaving others in fright.

The darkness is my lover,
it embraces me and speaks,
solemn stories that cause a shudder,
with secrets that beckons a shriek.

The darkness is my solace,
the one place I am safe.
Away from all the trouble,
closing me off from the world.

The darkness is my saviour,
it keeps me away from you,
the one I loved...

Seeking Peer Reviews

Film ref nysm 3

Raiquia (Singapore) published:

Dear You

Dear You, 

These tears feel cold against my cheeks, all flushed and red, as I hopelessly hold onto a silent cellphone. No more messages from you, no more photos, no more phone calls. Waiting and waiting, the days seem to grow longer as I desire to hear you once more. How are you? 

I never knew the everyday heat could suddenly vanish in an instant and be replaced by a snowstorm. I could strum my guitar and write a dozen...

Seeking Peer Reviews

Film ref nysm 3
2

Raiquia (Singapore) published:

The Heart is a Fool

I met you 3 years ago, in a call on Skype.
3 years down the road, I never thought I'd have you by my side.
Smiling, gazing, watching, laughing.
Across a screen of light.

That's right.
We live worlds apart.
So near, yet so far.
A time difference of 7 - dating is hard.

You were my everything,
I wasn't enough.
To support, to comfort, to stay there...
It's tough.
Suddenly receiving a message so long
That says "Goodbye", and...

Seeking Peer Reviews

Open Prompt

D0LL PR0J3CT

The smile is a little strange,
it’s slight crooked, it must change.

The behaviour is far too peculiar,

It is annoying when it cries,
it is much too emotional, let it die.

It does not respond correctly,
it will one day speak perfectly.

it requires much more exposure:

To joy,
To happiness,
To disappointment
To punishment,
To anger,
To sorrow,
To pain,
To loneliness.

Only then will it obey and learn at an instant,
The fear of losing us will stir the gear.

It will move as we ask,
and finish every task.
Through rain or shine,
the toy will always be fine,
it was made for us,
we crafted it. 

Every one of us that left it,
took away a part.
After all,
She is our Doll.

Flash Fiction Competition 2017

I'm Not Sorry

Because I don’t have a reason to feel sorry. You see, God has given me this once in a lifetime opportunity to discover your weakness and grow stronger.

An eye for an eye, a tooth for a tooth.
I’m not sorry. You deserve this.

Desire

I need you.

Your breath against my neck, 
a husky and quiet moan.
Our tongues intertwined,
a sloppy heated kiss.
My body pressed close to you,
a feeling of security. 

I need you.

Your charming smile and gaze,
piercing through my mask.
Our hands finally touching, 
everything is complete.
My days of emptiness end,
meeting you gives me life.

Op-Ed Competition 2017

Death by Stress

A person can die in so many abstract ways: being crushed under a tree, attacked by a violent squirrel, tripping over a banana peel and falling down a flight of stairs, planting a seed and getting an incurable disease from the soil, sex, masturbation (yes it's true, you can die from masturbation. You may be familiar with the story of a Brazilian teen who masturbated 42 times non-stop and dying - although I doubt too many people have the stamina to perform this feat).

But in a fast paced society that waits for no one and leaves the incompetent trailing behind, a common way to die is through suicide (ranked number 11). I live in Singapore, a small country that is rapidly growing as a central hub for business and opportunities. A safe haven from earthquakes, floods and natural disasters that occur in other countries around us such as Japan or Indonesia. Singapore is also known for a strong but...

Op-Ed Competition 2017

Death by Stress

A person can die in so many abstract ways: being crushed under a tree, attacked by a violent squirrel, tripping over a banana peel and falling down a flight of stairs, planting a seed and getting an incurable disease from the soil, sex, masturbation (yes it's true, you can die from masturbation. You may be familiar with the story of a Brazilian teen who masturbated 42 times non-stop and dying - although I doubt too many people have the stamina to perform this feat.)

But the most common way a person dies in a fast paced society that waits for no one and leaves the incompetent trailing behind, is through suicide. I live in Singapore, a small country that is rapidly growing as a central hub for business and opportunities. A safe haven from earthquakes, floods and natural disasters that occur in other countries around us such as Japan or Indonesia. Singapore is also known a strong but strict education...

Cold Breath

Across this screen, all I know is that you're someone I've been friends with for a couple of years. It's a little strange knowing that I met you online and thought you were just a funny guy. 

You continue walking, and I can see your foggy breath, your surroundings all winter white. "I love you," you say after a while, looking straight at the camera. Straight at me. You know I don't say this too often but I like it when...

In The Dark

The darkness is my friend,
it shields me from the light.
It cradles me in eternity,
despite leaving others in fright.

The darkness is my lover,
it embraces me and speaks,
solemn stories that cause a shudder,
with secrets that beckons a shriek.

The darkness is my solace,
the one place I am safe.
Away from all the trouble,
closing me off from the world.

The darkness is my saviour,
it keeps me away from you,
the one I loved - it hurt too much,
alas the darkness engulfed my heart!

The darkness is no liar,
it tells you all the truths. 
The misery and the painful,
the world is but a ruse. 

The darkness is lonely,
it's sad and cold and empty.
There's no warmth, no joy,
no happiness. 

It is here in the dark,
that I should die.

Dear You

Dear You, 

I never knew the everyday heat could suddenly vanish in an instant and be replaced by a snowstorm. I could strum my guitar and write a dozen more songs about the passion and romance that's etched into my memory. But it'd be empty songs, with no one to listen to them, why would I bother singing? 

I cut my hair yesterday. Will you look back at me with disdain? This girl is no longer feminine and beautiful. Covered in scars of pain and drenched in the emotional rain of depression. I was scolded by people I don't know - they thought I walked into the wrong toilet...

The Heart is a Fool

Smiling, gazing, watching, laughing.
Across a screen of light.

That's right.
We live worlds apart.
So near, yet so far.

You were my everything,
I wasn't enough.
It's tough.
Suddenly receiving a message so long
That says "Goodbye", and ends with you moving along.

I'd write a song.
I'd show you my pain. 
6 Months in, you chose to walk away.

My second love, my second time.
Being dumped in December -
God are you there? 
Or are you just watching me suffer?

Sleeping at 4, my eyes grow heavy
Accepting this fate, I end up steady
Sitting upright, curled up in tears,
Hey, just fuck all those years.

I want to forget. I cannot forget.
I bet you...

My December Competition 2016

Why December?

December has begun.

I had spent my November slacking off on the large pile of homework that was due in January for my graduating exam. 6 essays, 1 research paper and 10 interviews had to be completed within the span of 2 months. My boyfriend Jaq is two years younger than me, he's all the way in Malta, and I'm here in Singapore. December marks the 6th month we've been together, and the last month I have left until the homework is due. But it's supposed to be more than that right? 

Science has proven there is a disorder called Seasonal Affective Disorder (SAD). Rather coincidental how it's called SAD and people become sad during winter. To be more precise, SAD can also be "known as winter depression, winter blues, summer depression, summertime sadness, or seasonal depression, is a mood disorder subset in which people who have normal mental health throughout most of the year experience...

My December Competition 2016

Why December?

December has begun.

I had spent my November slacking off on the large pile of homework that was due in January for my graduating exam. 6 essays, 1 research paper and 10 interviews had to be completed within the span of 2 months. My boyfriend Jaq is two years younger than me, he's all the way in Malta, and I'm here in Singapore. December marks the 6th month we've been together, and the last month I have left until the homework is due. 

On the 4th of December, I had a cosplay photoshoot with my friend, Kreig. We had a duo photoshoot, I cosplayed "Hatsune Miku", and she cosplayed Kaito". It was an entertaining photoshoot, conceptual and very interesting. However, on this day, I also got into an argument with Jaq because I felt he was being too distant. Recalling it now, I think I was being childish and much too demanding. Being two years younger, I'm aware he's got...

Novel Writing Competition 2016

Trying To (Not) Be Stupid

6 A.M in the morning, it is still dark outside. Most of the other students are awake at this time, beginning to prepare for school - slowly brushing their teeth and fetching their uniforms from the hangers and packing their bags and eating their breakfast and taking a morning shower and arranging their neckties and groaning about another dreary day at school and then there's me. 

6 A.M in the morning, I am at my desk, in front of my computer, writing another novel for a novel writing competition. I previously wrote one called "The Hero", a sci-fi story that entails the journey of Alfred in the new planet which humanity settled on due to the destruction of Earth. That story received an average review, I admit it could have been better. But eventually I scrapped it because it was starting to sound rather generic and boring. Nobody wants to submit a boring story. You want to entertain the readers,...

Novel Writing Competition 2016

Trying To (Not) Be Stupid

Novel Writing Competition 2016

Trying To (Not) Be Stupid

"It's only been 300 years since the complete breakdown of what was once known as "Earth". Humans had overstepped their boundaries and played God for far too long. Their thirst for power and knowledge had left the Earth barren and destroyed, filled with radiation and complete exposure to the sun - the loss of the ozone layer had cost them their lives...and their planet.

Now, there are only a few thousands of humans left. Many whom escaped before the vanished from the solar system, fighting to get on board the EEP100s (Earth-Evacuation-Project 100), it didn't matter whether or not if you were a politician or a beggar, a tribesman or a businessman, a student or a pregnant mother. Nobody wanted to die. It was a kill or be killed situation, many had tainted their hands in crimson blood to get on board the ship to evacuate the Earth. Maybe if people weren't so passionate about their ideals and perhaps stopped...

Universal Knowledge

Speak Silence

A smile, endless tears, inaudible screams, laughter, blank stares, disapproving shakes, frowns, your body is enough to say it all.

The Gardener

Over the dreary garden of tears and sorrow, 
the gardener plants the seeds of happiness
Letting it grow slowly he tenderly takes care
of the growing seeds, blooming slowly 
With every soft whisper, he brings life to the garden
Weeding away the unwanted roots of evil and pain

Slowly flowers crawl up to the skies
The clouds and the rain occasionally visiting
Washing away the gardener's effort
But the gardener does not give up.

He does not give up.

The garden shakes, the ground crumbles
the gardener falls into the hole.
He hits the bottom and his eyes widen,
here he sees that his efforts had borne fruit.
For here in the deepest part of the earth,
he found the flower he had planted.
It had bloomed.

The flower of love had blossomed

Turning swiftly, he heard a rustle.
What was it?
The wind? The rain? The clouds? The thunder?

...A girl?

"What are you doing here?" 
A figure so...

What Does Writing Mean To Me

I'm a student with a shallow set of vocabulary at my disposal
I am a person who holds many emotional problems deep within.
When you write, you enter another realm, my form of escapism.
I don't understand people as easily as I should.
I'm clingy, annoying and I want attention, I feel left out if I am alone.
This makes me sound extremely desperate and people dislike that side of me. 
Therefore I don't say anything.

But yet people say it is unhealthy to keep it in
that I must somehow find a platform to speak. 
Somewhere inside of me, I can't tell a soul..as the person I am.
But when..and if, I take the persona of another, maybe I can.

Writing means that nobody will know who I am. 
If my pen-name isn't my real name, the world can question all they desire
but they won't know who I am.
I don't want people to know. 
I am ashamed...

Flash Fiction Competition 2016

At Peace

Clenched fists, swollen eyes, bruises, blood and a frown. She takes a leap into a new world, an empty boundary between the living and the dead, her last sanctuary. 

Frozen in time, as if all breathing has ceased, she takes a look at the skies above that move further and further from her weak fragile arms.

She hits the ground, with a smile she sees the world spinning into darkness, waiting for god to embrace her in her arms. 

Crying, screaming, terror, shock. These people know nothing, they're ignorant, and this is the result. 

God's Creation - Chapter 1: Heart of Ice

Chapter One

Sometimes I wonder if God accidentally put too much of the wrong ingredient into me, perhaps he was busy creating a perfect being and accidentally mixed in...too much ice. Like a blended iced drink, I descend into the world, only to be sucked dry, and left with the ice until I melt and go back to nature. 

I am that person that was born into a normal family. A loving family that cared and raised me in an environment of protection and care. I come from a stable background...and I am happy. Somehow, something in me is missing though..despite this perfect life. What on earth could possibly be missing...? I don't have a dream for the future, I don't have expectations for my life, I don't have empathy, but those are not necessities for having a perfect life right? Materialistic things are important, but while that is so, I am also filled with emotions. I'm truly emotional. When a...

Demons

Demons haunt me

In my sleep, in my dreams.

Demons tell me

I will never be free

Demons hold me

Lock me in their chains

Demons smile at me

Capture me with their words.

Demons push me

To the edge of life

Demons welcome me

To their party in hell. 

もう一回

I fell and I bled, my heart poured out onto the floor, and I can't pick it up.
I closed my eyes and I tried to come back, to the me that knew what to do.
Dreaming the impossible, trying to grasp for some form of sanity.
Reality is at my neck, closing off my breath, tearing me away from life.

One more time, One more time, 
let me try to live properly one more time!

But the world isn't kind, and everyone pulls me back into my mistakes.
I can't discard who I am today and become someone better.
It's crawling up from the bottom of my soul, reaching for me and throwing me into a hole.
Grasping my neck, I bite my lip and say a prayer, if I die will everything be better?

One more time, One more time,
Please let me try and roll again one more time!

Pain in my chest, aches everywhere, bruises and...

As Much As I Do

No one can love you 
as much as I do.
At least, that's what I believe.

Despite the times you ignore me for games
Or when you stay silent and your face stays the same
When I become upset, 
you're usually busy and never pick up.

But even with all of this
I still love you
and as much as I do,
I still hide things.

Despite the times you leave me alone,
Or when your attention isn't mine
I don't want to be a burden,
is this just a bad sign?

I think that I'm selfish, a terrible liar,
unable to control my feelings, 
My mind can't stop reeling.
With the emotions and jealousy
that course through my veins.

But please stay with me, 
until the day you're done
with all of the trouble
I've thrown to your front.

I sometimes wear a mask and hide behind a smile
And secretly pray you'll be able to see through my...

Jack of Hearts

For you call me in my darkest hour and wake me to the light
Send me forth to the future - so bright.
Smiling at me from where you are
you are my shining star.

You pull me up when I fall down
Place upon me a softly padded pink crown,
call me a princess and dance with me
prepare some drinks and hold a tea party.

But is this not a dream? A fiction of the mind?
No one could ever be this kind.
When I wake up, would you be there?
Or would I face reality that there is no one anywhere?

"Fool! What a fool! He isn't yours alone.
Do not be so selfish, and put down that phone
His time is everyone's, now shut up and leave.
No one wants to listen to your silent pleas."

They tell me this, the voices in my head,
telling me to go kill myself instead.
Depression, anger, frustration and...

Twenty-Six Sentences

Spell Out My Heart

"As easily as I want to be able to open up to you, I can't.
Because there are too many things that would hurt you and I'm afraid.
Creating all sorts of scenarios if I were to speak, what would happen?

Do not tell me I'm overreacting because I know I'm not.
Even if you're my lover, it doesn't mean I can take advantage of you. 
For many days I've been contemplating the things I've wanted to say.
Great, I'm panicking now and I can't gather the right words.
Hate me, laugh at me, tell me I'm worthless...because I am.

Interestingly enough, you've stayed by my side for more than a month and I hope we can continue.
Just kidding, you'd probably pack your bags and leave me behind once i confess these emotions inside.
Killing myself is easier than seeing you cry.

Leaving everyone behind in this godforsaken world.
Me and Myself, torn and alone. 
Nobody's here, nobody will...

Who Am I

Who am I. 

Indeed. Who am I.

Who am I to bother about you,
Whom I used to love and believe was godsend?

You're right, I'm wrong.
You're not the one who's ill. 

It was not my place to tell your family
in fear I'd wake up to a reality
where you were no longer there 
and it's not that I didn't care.

I'm your friend?  Apparently not.
You just keep getting caught.

Not listening, not changing,
believing you're alone. 

Who am I.

Who am I to have stayed up till 5 AM,
And speak to you till you sleep again?

You're right, I'm wrong
No one should have known you'd eat a pill.

Your family has problems, that I know well.
But I can't stand watching you cry until your eyes swell.
So I paint a picture of you from white to black.
Watching the letters I write to you stack.

Not listening, not changing,
I'm slowly giving up.
...

To You Who Left My World

To you who left my world,
Afraid, shunned and alone.
You were my joy, pride and best friend.
What caused you to bottle it all?

To keep it inside until the glass cracked
and
everything...
Poured out.

Out into a world that does not understand you
At least not the way I do.

How could you leave me, I can’t comprehend.
The laughter, the smiles,
it was all but a facade
in the end.

With every drug, came guilt and frustration
The inability to forget,
and so you fall...
Into
Depression.

The first time an angel, sent by the gods
Stopped you from falling into hell’s arms

This time, I’m powerless, I can’t do a thing.
Heck, it’s 3 Am, the world is sleeping.

You’re not gone, I still believe,
Counting hours,
You’re still not back to me.

Crestfallen, angry, frustrated and
It’s my fault.
My fault you are hurt.

I’d spend hours and days and nights and years,
To...

Dear Me

Live

To myself in the future:

How shall I begin? Well. It's the year of 2016 and I am in Year 5 of my school, I am 17. My friend's are depressed and pressured, and they refuse my help. What can I do? Perhaps you would know, you would have been more experienced and whatever happens to my friends in the future..you'd know. 

The future me...how old are you? 20? 30? 50? How old will you be when you read this letter or remember this exists? I am the future self of the 12 year old me that wanted to commit suicide and die. I no longer feel this way, but I fear a relapse.
To myself in the future, I have struggled to make it this far. If you feel like work is killing you and you can't do it anymore, please remember this you that has lived till now and has seen tragedies happen. 

What are you working as...

To You Who Left My World

To the you who left my world,
Afraid, shunned and alone.
You were my joy, pride and best friend.
What caused you to bottle it all?

and
everything...
Poured out.

At least not the way I do.

The laughter, the smiles,
it was all but a facade
in the end.

The inability to forget,
and so you fall...
Into
Depression.

Heck, it’s 3 Am, the world is sleeping.

You’re not gone, I still believe,
Counting hours,
You’re still not back to me.

Crestfallen, angry, frustrated and
It’s my fault.
My fault you are hurt.

I’d spend hours and days and nights and years, ...

Open Prompt

D0LL PR0J3CT

There is no such thing as a pure, beautiful life. The world is filled with liars, selfish and greedy creatures, where everything is for the sake of oneself. Survival? No. It is no longer the thought of survival that crosses our mind when we eat a meal in an expensive restaurant. One must use others as a stepping stone to gain a higher position in society. Yes, our society is a dirty fraud where truth can be buried with money. If i had a color to describe how disgusting the world is right now, yes..It would be Black. This world, in my eyes, is pitch black.

Rewind to 8 years ago, when I was just a child attending Primary school, the period in life where a child is supposed to undergo a beautiful childhood, make friends, have small fights and arguments, make peace and have fun. The perfect image of childhood where roses and laughter and sparkles while running together...

Mysteries Abound

Because We Can

We don't know why we resort to gunfire and killing, but we make a lot of excuses for it- Because we can

We don't know how to achieve harmony without judgement and fear, but we hide the conflict under the rug and pretend to be a multi-racial, open society - Because we can

We don't know why we are here and who is the real god, but we argue about it anyway and cause terror to many - Because we can.

We can do so many things but we don't know the littlest things. 

We don't know how to accept many things...we don't know how to listen...and we don't know how to stop.

All Talk

The Open Confession

Kayle, it's been a while since we've started dating and i think i'm finally ready to confess.

What's up babe? 

6 years ago, when my mother had divorced with my biological father, she had remarried an elder man. 

Oh...sorry bout that.

This man was handsome, charming and had everything she wanted, while my real father wasn't the best, he was quirky, funny and loved me. But this new man she remarried, he did not love me. He loved my mother and.. something else.

Huh? Of course, he loved your mom. What else did he love though? 

....My body.

What???

I said, my body.

Wait, what? Your body? Like...did he try and touch you--

....yes. When i was 12 years old, about a month after remarrying my mother, he came into my room one night while my mother was away in Boston for business. 

Oh shit. Wait so he...

He began touching me, suggestively at first, rubbing my thighs and caressing...

Op-ed Competition 2016

Animals and Humans

Human welfare should not hold priority over animal welfare, it is an issue that has bothered me constantly for a long time, because people seem to believe that animals aren't as important as humans. This angers be because i am an animal lover, however in this case i will try to take a more civil like approach. I believe that animal welfare should not be forgotten or placed after human welfare, in fact as we are right now, the ecosystem will not be able to continue the abuse of deforestation, poaching, and so on. Therefore, we must now take a stand and give our efforts towards a change. 

The controversial statement that human welfare holds priority over animal welfare has resulted in endless discussions for and against it. I disagree that human welfare holds priority over animal welfare. Welfare is defined as “the health, happiness, and fortunes of a person or group”, or a “statutory procedure or social effort designed...

Op-ed Competition 2016

Animals and Humans

Empty Cup

An empty cup left on the table
Filled with air
Or empty with nothing 

He left me with a cup, half empty.
The other half, full with hate, bitterness, sorrow
and hope he would return.

Then, he found someone new
Someone he loved, perhaps more than me. 
Someone who filled his cup to the brim
with joy and peace
Taking away whatever i had left in my cup.

So, here i am.
Alone

Lost, as i stare at the cup that once overflowed with love,

The cup is empty. 

Just like me. 

0-9

A Guide To Being Human

0. Before you begin, contemplate whether or not being human is truly worth it. Think, is the human race really all that great? Whatever privileges we hold, is it not gained by humanity's selfish desires? Think again. Humans are the weakest race. Take away their guns and nuclear weapons. Take away any sort of defense they have. Strip them of their man-made armor, created from the natural resources of the earth and the deaths of many animals. Leave them bare in the wild amongst poisonous devils, constricting forces, the hazardous weathers, the fangs of the hungry. How could they possibly survive. So think. Do you truly want to be human? 

1. If you are reading this, it means you have made your choice. Very well. Here are the steps you must follow to becoming a human. Step 1, learn how to communicate. Humans need even the smallest bit of communication to get by, you can't look a random person you...

Setting as Mood

Timeless

The cold wind brushed against Janna's face, the sound of the vast sea and it's violent waves crashing against the cliff rocks. Memories of her mother's warm hugs made her smile, but only for an instant as she knows that she would never feel it again. She took a step forward, the pure white snow crunching beneath her boots. Pure white snow that reminded her how dirty she was. The bold naked trees that stood behind her, watched her walk towards the end of the world. 

Someone was yelling, calling her to stop. 

A panicked tone, heavy breathing. 

Stop!

Janna looked up and saw the sky. Snowflakes gently floated down from the sky, as if the Gods were throwing confetti out of heaven, telling her that there was a place for her up there. The snow melted against the heat of her skin, and disappeared. It felt like a hurricane, the emotions swirled within, as the snow gently falls upon...

Reality

Jump first into the pit of dreams
Hoping to find something there
But hope is not enough to see
A future of just you and me

Tired of relentlessly
pursing love and care
Exhausted of reality
pushing us apart

It's easier to give up
than walk with our heads high
it's easier to forget it all
what you had by my side.

Dive in real deep
into the world of noise and see
there is no place i'd rather be
than beside you when i sleep

But i know it is just a fleeting dream
when i see you fading away from me.
Running towards a different day
Reality engulfs me in it's tracks. 

And i know that i'm not crazy,
to think that i caught you. 
To see that i once kissed your lips 
and fell in love with you. 

Regret is not enough to say 
how much i miss you.
but i'm sure you will look back at...

The Cross

The Cross represents many things. In religion it represents the cross that Jesus carried and the one that he was crucified on. The sign of the cross represents the Trinity of the Father, The Son and the Holy Spirit.

The Cross mark on your paper represents something wrong. If you answered a question wrongly, you would often find a cross next to your answer in a shade of crimson red. It means you need to do corrections.

The Cross that we make on a map signifies where the treasure lies. Where we have to go, the cross is our goal. It represents the final stop where you would be rewarded with the prize. 

The Cross shape of your parents' arms represents that they are angry with you, and that you are in deep deep trouble. 

The Cross you make over your heart is when you make a promise. A promise to me that you will complete the promise no matter...

Novel Writing Competition 2015

Playing God

"I'm dying, Xero..Go..forget me. Just remember one thing.."
"What is it?"
"I..will always lo..ve..you."
"SURVIVORS OF THE APOCALYPSE, PLEASE QUICKLY REPORT TO THE LAST SHIP XP239, DEPARTING IN 10 MINUTES" 
"Goodbye mother..I love you..too.." 

Xero woke up from his sleep in a gasp, feeling tears on his cheeks, touching his eyes and wiping the remaining droplets away. The dream was so vivid, the memory of his mother and her dying words. He turned to look at his desk, a photo that was crumpled and placed neatly in a frame stared back at him. It was the only picture left of his mother before the grounds cracked open and Earth destroyed everything else. He sighed quietly and got up from his bed, his small robot KR34, nicknamed Tato by Xero for his cute potato looking structure, helping him get his clothes for the day. He had a meeting with the Government about the infrastructure of Kreptos. He looked out of his...

Novel Writing Competition 2015

Playing God

"What is it?"
"I..will always lo..ve..you."
"SURVIVORS OF THE EARTHQUAKE, PLEASE QUICKLY REPORT TO THE LAST SHIP XP239, DEPARTING IN 10 MINUTES" 
"Goodbye mother..I love you..too.." 

Xero woke up from his sleep in a gasp, feeling tears on his cheeks, touching his eyes and wiping the remaining droplets away. The dream was so vivid, the memory of his mother and her dying words. He turned to look at his desk, a photo that was crumpled and placed neatly in a frame stared back at him. It was the only picture left of his mother before Earth destroyed everything else. He sighed quietly and got up from his bed, his small robot KR34, nicknamed Tato by Xero for his cute potato looking structure, helping him get his clothes for the day. He had a meeting with the Government about the infrastructure of Kreptos. He looked out of his window and tapped it twice,...

That Sort of Person

My Character is..

My character is a shadow of the light.

Five Novel Titles

5 Novel Titles

1) Nobody is a Liar
2) Godspeed
3) Death and the Insignificant Child
4) Regalia of The Lost King
5) Black Keys of the Heart

Open Prompt

D0LL PR0J3CT

Open Prompt

D0LL PR0J3CT

Child Narrator

The Stars Shine Brighter Than

Daddy told me i was a failure because i only scored 56 on a Math test. I know i'm just a disappointment for Daddy and Mommy because sometimes when i wake up at night, i see them drinking some yellow sparkling liquid, and talking downstairs about how they wished i was a boy instead of a girl, how they wished i was smarter and less stupid, how they wished i was stronger so that i could help out on Daddy's rice plantation field...Yeaaah. I know i'm a failure. Oh and also, every night before i sleep, i look at the glow-in-the-dark stars in my room and somehow i kinda wish they were real. Because you see, where I live, its really hard to see the stars at night, especially with all the smoke and stuff. Yet, no matter how little my stars glow, it still shines brighter than my future.

"Get up, Xiao An!!" I wake up in the morning...

Child Narrator

The Stars Shine Brighter Than

Daddy told me i was a failure because i only scored 56 on a Math test. I know i'm just a disappointment for Daddy and Mommy because sometimes when i wake up at night, i hear them drinking some yellow sparkling liquid, and talking downstairs about how they wished i was a boy instead of a girl, how they wished i was smarter and less stupid, how they wished i was stronger so that i could help out on Daddy's rice plantation field...Yeaaah. I know i'm a failure. Oh and also, every night before i sleep, i look at the glow-in-the-dark stars in my room and somehow i kinda wish they were real. Because you see, where I live, its really hard to see the stars at night, especially with all the smoke and stuff. Yet, no matter how little my stars glow, it still shines brighter than my future.

Last Breath

Save your last breath for me
When you close your eyes and remember our tree
Where we carved our names and drew a heart
That was when our relationship would start

Tired and old you are,
as you lie on the hospital bed, 
dreaming of becoming a star,
I dread the day i'll see you dead.

I will never forget our promises of love
to stay together in sickness and in health is what we told God above.
I will never leave you alone here in the dark
I shall be your light, your bright little spark.

So while you're peacefully closing your eyes to rest
I want you to know that i feel blessed
To have known you for all these years
Of course i will shed some tears

As you leave me now, and leave me forever
                   ...

Open Prompt

D0LL PR0J3CT

"You're such a loser, you're crazy! Someone get this stupid person out of my sight and send her to the Mental Institution".  Alright now just hold up.

Rewind to 8 years ago, when I was just a child attending Primary school, the period in life where a child is supposed to undergo a beautiful childhood, make friends, have small fights and arguments, make peace and have fun. The perfect image of childhood where roses and laughter and sparkles while running together with friends were supposed to appear! 

Supposed to.

I attended a local primary school, naive, innocent, gullible to anything and everything. My hair tied up in twin ponytails and my chubby cheeks gave me the nickname of "apple." Sure, i had red cheeks and i puffed up everytime I went running around. But is it normal to find mashed up apples and apple juice being poured down your school bag? Is it normal to come back to your...

Child Narrator

The Stars Shine Brighter Than

Ripple Effect

FINale

I am a shark. 

I hunt to survive, and to survive, i kill whatever prey comes. 

Humans have been hunting my kin for their fins, and sadly i have to watch as their finless bodies are thrown back into the sea, where we are supposedly allowed to have our freedom to roam and live, appaently its not for survival but rather for cuisine. 

I heard we were on top of the food chain, but only down here in blue waters you see, because i suppose up there on land, the humans believe they rule the sea.

The numbers of my kin dwindle, they face their deaths one by one, and i dread the day it's my turn when my fin will be taken, and the humans will see that one day when they visit the sea there will be none of my species, none of them will be found, as we will be exinct, the best finale of all.

Raiquia's 6 Likes

After you by happyfwoofy

Published about 2 years ago

The Tower by happyfwoofy

Published about 2 years ago

In Your Hands by raiyabb

Published over 2 years ago

Guardian by raiyabb

Published over 2 years ago

Guardian by raiyabb

Published over 2 years ago

Fertile by raiyabb

Published over 2 years ago

6 Likes from Others

Desire

Liked by 1 person

Eggshells

Liked by 1 person

A Guide To Being Human

Liked by 2 people

Reality

Liked by 1 person

The Cross

Liked by 1 person

D0LL PR0J3CT

Liked by 3 people

Good neighbor

We like your photo and your biography.

Earned over 2 years ago

Self editor

You've published multiple versions of the same piece

Earned over 2 years ago

Follower

You're following over five other writers.

Earned over 2 years ago

Supporter

You're following over 10 other writers right now.

Earned over 2 years ago

Leader

You're being followed by over five other writers!

Earned about 2 years ago

Power writer

Do you ever sleep? You've written over TEN THOUSAND WORDS.

Earned almost 2 years ago

Publisher

You've gone live!

Earned over 2 years ago

Prolific

You really are prolific - you've published over ten pieces already.

Earned about 2 years ago

Favoriter

Love your work - you've read and favorited over ten pieces published by others

Earned over 2 years ago

Reviewer

You've reviewed!

Earned about 2 years ago

Competitor

Thanks for entering a competition.

Earned over 2 years ago

Admirer inactive

Follow over twenty other writers to become an admirer!

Best seller inactive

Get over twenty favorites for one of your published pieces and you'll be a bestseller.

Luminary inactive

Publish one hundred pieces and you'll be a luminary.

Master reviewer inactive

Write and publish over fifty reviews to become a Master Reviewer

Patron inactive

Become a patron of writers - follow over thirty of them.

Popular penman inactive

Get over ten favorites for your work to become a Popular Penner.

Pro reviewer inactive

Submit over five reviews and get that Pro Reviewer feeling.

Super star inactive

Get your writing career glittering with more than thirty followers.

Top critic inactive

Submit over fifteen reviews and you'll be a top critic.