Alley 2297668 960 720

Ryder

There is a light in you, let it shine even in your darkest hour. Don't be afraid to let people see it.
Everyone is remembered by someone. You need to decide what to be remembered for.
All Instagram follows are welcome:)
@heritagegroveacademy

“There are darknesses in life and there are lights, and you are one of the lights, the light of all lights.” -Bram Stoker

“You need to spend time crawling alone through shadows to truly appreciate what it is to stand in the sun.” -Shaun Hick

One-Hundred-Thousand #onlyonehundred

The battle raged through the night 
Soldiers fell, never again to see light
One man out of thousands caught my eye
He was greatly wounded but could not die
His blond hair was stained red
From a gash on his head
Swinging his sword, he seemed not to tire
Never leaving his eyes was a grieving fire
One-hundred years on the battlefield
Forever doomed a sword to wield
One-hundred years of falling friends
Another war begins when one ends
One-hundred-thousand years
Of bathing in blood and tears
This man was immortal

The Gnome

The wind and rain beat at my face
And soaked me to the bone,
By myself in the woods
In the woods alone.

Home the sun was out and warm
But here I saw no light,
I was trapped in the swirling of mist
And all the dangers of the night.

I called out for help
But no answer came,
Not the dimmest light
All was in vain.

My face was numb
My feet were sore,
And after this
I knew no more.

In my fingers I felt a tingling
As they gradually heated,
And I opened my eyes to a sight most queer
A creature there was seated.

Face that was human
And nor was it that,
This creature odd it was,
Not thin nor fat.

His nose, if that what it be,
hooked like a beak,
His mouth hid ‘neath his beard
But his eyes were wild, yet meek.

And on his head
He wore a queer hat, ...

Don't Give Up, please

Echoes of hopes
Faded dreams
Half-written novels
Empty ink wells
Pencil shavings
Full waste baskets
Unopened perfume
Shattered glass
Tear stained hankies 
Mildewed books
Wilted plants
Burnt out bulbs
She gave up when the going got rough
I hope this isn't you

At Home

Places I Need

Shadows dapple
The leaf strewn floor
When I'm with nature
I loose myself once more
I seek out wildlife
Follow their tracks
Try to capture them 
In photographs
I love to be surrounded 
By all animals
From creepy-crawlys
And great horned olws
To giant things
Like Harpy Eagles
With six foot wings
In the forest I could live
And never come out again 

Extraordinary in the Ordinary

Fairy Tale

Unicorn
Pulling a carriage
Beautiful princess
Riding inside
Perfect gown
Glowing crown
Her polar bear
Lies down
At her feet

That Place On The Coast

As I strode along the coast
Just for my own delight,
I looked to my left
And there beheld a sight.
The purple mountains
Reaching for the sky,
Calling out
With the eagle’s cry.
The mist surrounding
Their tree-lined base,
Creating them
A forbidding face.
I lifted my eyes
Above the peak,
And there saw
What my soul did seek.
I saw the Lord
And his heavenly host,
From that place
That place on the coast.

I just feel happy!

OOOOOOOOOOOO
OOOOOOOOOOOO
OOOOOOOOOOOO
OOOOOOOOOOOO
OOOOOOOOOOOO
OOOOOOOOOOOO
OOOOOOOOOOOO
OOOOOOOOOOOO
OOOOOOOOOOOO
OOOOOOOOOOOO                          OVE!
OOOOOOOOOOOO
OOOOOOOOOOOO
OOOOOOOOOOOO
OOOOOOOOOOOO
OOOOOOOOOOOO
OOOOOOOOOOOO
OOOOOOOOOOOO
OOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO
OOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO
OOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO
OOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO
OOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO

To Everyone On WTW

Hey, just letting everybody on this site know, your amazing!
Your work is beautiful!
Your poems are great!
Your novel is coming along just right!
Your short stories are so enjoyable!
Your tragedies, heartbreaking!
Your jokes make my laugh till my lungs burn!

Search this song and listen to the words!: My Wish - Rascal Flatts  

The Egg

Golden prism
Floats 
In white
Syrupy liquid
Encased in
Ivory walls
No door 
Can be found

That kind of person

Skip the fact that he is the most evil guy in existence; He's a really nice guy. 

​A Six-word Story #2

House for sale; owner claims haunted. 

ARK

And Noah

Rejoiced in

Knowing Gods promise

Give Up?

Why not give up?
Her hair is prettier 
You are just ugly

Nobody likes you
Over there, he's looking at her
That just proves she's better then you

Give up?
I cannot
Victory lies around the corner
Enough of your negativity! 

Under the mistletoe I'll guide him
Prince charming be mine!

?

Piece #1 Of 'BROKEN'

There was a distant rumbling-roaring noise. I opened my eyes. What was that sound? Where was I? It was very dark. I felt around, and found myself to be on a hard, rough surface. I sat up and my head began to pound. The sound had gotten louder, and there was suddenly a bright light. I realized  where I was and quickly rolled off the road. I didn't count on the drop. I was now on my back at the bottom of a cliff, with a needle sharp pain in my arm, and no one but God knew where I was.

Stains

Lights go on
Down the street
People rushing to their car
Carrying a child
Blood stains the driveway 
Until next rainfall

Make-up

Invisible tears
Make-up over bruises 
Eyeshadow hides dark circles
No one knows how you feel

Hidden Sky #oneblue

Under the cover of night is the blue sky; there's no need to be afraid of the dark.

Love in Words

Please Say Yes

My sweet, I am afraid to name you for fear you were just being kind. I love the way you say my name, you're a gentleman to me, I saw you smiling at me when you thought I wasn't looking, you even asked me to dance with you three times. I love you smile, your voice is soft...I think I love you, please say you love me back. 

Will you always be there?

I stood on that bridge all night. The sun was now giving everything a pink glow, and it reflected off my tear stained face. I climbed up on the rail. One more step, I told myself. I heard a car skid to a halt behind me, I didn't look back. I took that step.

But someone grabbed my arm and pulled me back onto the bridge. "Why did you do that?" I shrieked.
"I can't let anyone do that." He had a soft voice. I looked up into his green eyes. "Why?" I said again.
"It can't be that bad."
"How would you know?"
"It never is."
"It's bad. I have nothing to live for, I'm tired of living other peoples lives. All I wanted my whole life was a family of my own. I needed a job....but nobody helped me get it. my hopes have been crushed too many times. Theres so much more that you wouldn't understand....I'm...

Memorial Day

To war to war 
The nations cry,
Let the eagle
Soar on high!

Hear the canon 
Thunder loud,
Hear the weeping
In the crowd.

To war to war 
The nations cry,
Let the eagle 
Soar on high!

Hear the shouting
Late in the night,
As our weary
Soldiers fight

They fight
For there homeland
The die for
Every grain of sand

God bless these soldiers
Brave and true,
God bless them 
And the red, white, and blue  

This I Believe

Message from God

I believe in miracles
Ones sent from above
God has sent his blessings
And showed his holy love

I once dreamt
A flower before me grew
And blossomed
Then I knew

My prayers had been answered
Me, my siblings,my dad and my mom,
Would move to the country
And have a farm

Three years later it happened
Our land-lord sold the house
We moved to the country
And I praised God with all my heart
I believe in miracles!

RAINBOW

R uning
A round
I n
N othing
B ut
O pulent
W onder

MAGIC

arvelous
A wesome
G rand
I nconceivable
are-free

Dark Voice Part #3

“We’d both be dead if I wasn’t.”Gavynn stated.

Jill didn’t return his smile. She just stared. she couldn’t tell which she should

be more: Scared or thrilled.

But everyone says you your kind had left, across the Titchen sea.”she aid at

last. Gavynn looked as if she had just slapped him. She thought sure he was going to

cry.

“They left me.” his voice was choked with tears. “I was late for the spell

casting. They were gone when I reached the beach.” His gaze had dropped to the

floor. Jill decided not to mention that if anyone else found out he was a skin-changer

he would be immediately killed.

Jill didn’t sleep much that night. she couldn’t trust Gavynn. She had

heard too many stories about skin-changers being evil and in league with the

dragons. When it was just light enough to see, she went to the entrance of the cave.

She looked back...

#silentnight

Silent nights aren't always quiet. 

Dark Voice Part #2

“Wake up!” Gavynn whispered urgently to the girl. What was she thinking, running out there like that? Is she daft? Oh, well. I guess I would have done the same thing, he thought to himself. “Please wake up.” She stirred a little, but still did not wake. “I guess you hit your head pretty hard. I’ll make a small fire.” He began to move silently around the cave, gathering sticks, leaves, and bits of who knows what. He blew a fire, which is one of his gifts, onto the debris, and they began to crackle. Leaning on the wall of the cave he found himself to be tried, and he began to drift off to sleep.

*    *    *    *    *    *    *    *    *

Jills eyes flew open. Were was she? Sitting up very slowly she saw the red coals of a dying fire. Her head ached. How did she survive that drop? She should be...

Dark Voice

It was late in the night when Jill woke to the alarm bells signaling another dragon attack.  She quickly dressed and joined the crowd of women and children in the passage to the safety cavern, deep below the castle. She was used to the dragon attacks, they used to happen once or twice every few months, but now they happened three or four times a month. They had sent messengers to the king for help, but not one had ever made it as far as they could tell. Her uncle left two weeks ago, and she was sure she would never see him again, the dragons were getting to strong. Her mother died when she was to little to even remember her, and her father died when she was eleven. She didn’t miss him though, he wasn’t a good father and she barely even knew him. She was now fifteen and lived with her aunt, cousin, and...

Coffee Friday

I woke to my alarm at 2:30 a.m. and jumped out of bed. It was Coffee Friday and I had to get to the library before everyone else. Just think, free coffee all day and books. A dream come true. I had missed it the last five years because of work, but I got today off because I had a slight cold yesterday.

3:02. Oh well, it's already packed. Hopefully I won't have to wait for them to fill the coffee machines again.

3:23. That was ridiculous! There was lady in an oversized pink dress standing in front of me, and she kept letting other people go in front of her. 

3:27. I finally get to sit down with a book and cup of coffee. Maybe the rush will die down in a little while. I become engrossed in my book.

3:35. The library becomes silent. I look up...

What is nothing?

No color
Obscure 
T
houghtless
Humid 
Illuminated
Nothing
Gloaming 

#streetkids

I went to see
My sweetheart lovely,
At her house in London 

When I got there
She was sitting in a chair,
Having tea with a gentleman

He leaned across the table 
As far as he was able,
And asked if she would marry

She of course agreed
As long as he would not wear his tweed, 
And the wedding date was made

I slowly walked away
No one could cheer me that day,
My  heart was very broken

I dropped the flowers on the street
My sweetheart never again would I meet,
Now I walk the streets at night 

YELLOW

You have
Ended my
Life,
Left me broken heart
Only  
With one meeting

The adventures of Tammy

My name is Tammy. I live in Lewis county, Kentucky. Im a siamese cat. My favorite pass times are, being pet by my person, going on long walks in the park, and tormenting the neighbor’s chihuahua. My person’s name is Sarah Watts. Every day she leaves me at the house and doesn’t come back until dinner. I always insist upon going with her, but she always goes alone. One day, however, she didn’t close the back of the metal monster, so I climbed in. Suddenly, it was dark, and the metal monster began to growl and roar at me. I felt sick. I began to claw at the entrance, but it would't open. I meowed with all I had, but the roaring continued, and still the door did not open. 

You

I didn't cry when you left
    But now, I do
        My heart is broken
            Because of you.

You were the only one 
        Who I could tell
    My secrets and sorrows to
But now there is no more you.       

Novel Writing Competition 2018

Excerpt of White Gold

The frosted ground crunched beneath Samm Angel’s boots, and his breath added to the dense fog. He picked up his saddle and placed it on his appaloosa, Whisper, and she gave a quiet whinny. He then mounted and whistled to his dogs, which came silently running to him. He started down the trail, the fog parting before him, and closing behind. There was nothing to be heard except the footsteps of his horse and his three dogs, which trailed along beside.
      There was suddenly a shape looming ahead and Whisper stopped, unsure of what she should do. Samm’s dogs stood in front of the horse, and bared their teeth at the object, and not one of them made a sound as it leaped forward, and took Ghost by the neck and kept running and disappeared into the fog with the other two dogs on its tail.
    Samm didn’t see what it was, and not knowing...

Why I Write

Because I Can

I write to live.
I have feelings that need to be known.
I write to make dreams come true.
I write because it gives me power. 
I write cause God thinks I should.
I write because I can.

*Why?* #ICBYShortStory

Mother, Father,
How can it be true?
You say you love me,
But I can't believe you.

After all the things I've done,
The trouble I have caused,
How can you love me?

I love you so much,
You are always there,
Helping me solve problems
Combing out my hair

You give me so much,
But I give nothing in return.
How can you love me?

Part #7 of 'BROKEN'

The doctor began to ask my questions about my mechanical arm, like 'Who made it?' 'Did it work well?' 'What happened to my arm?'. I was as evasive as posable. He was really annoying. A few minuets after he left my step-mom came. Boy, was she a piece of work.
    "Honey, sweet, are you okay? You could have been killed!" she started to tear up. Talk about tears on command! 
"What were you doing way out there anyway? You had us worried sick. I thought you said you and Jerry were going biking? well that the last time you go any where with him." She headed for the door. "Now get well soon, I have surprise for you at home." she finally left. I hated her. About half an hour later my sister came. Just the person I'd been waiting for! She sat down in the chair beside my bed. 
    "Mom painted your...

Part #7 of 'BROKEN'

"Honey, sweat, are you okay? You could have been killed!" she started to tear up. Talk about tears on command! 
    "Mom painted your...

Part #6 of 'BROKEN'

There was sudden, burning pain in my chest, and I coughed a few breaths. It hurt so bad, I wish I could have died, but the pain gradually subsided as my breathing became normal. Everything was black for a moment, then I opened my eyes. There was a white ceiling and white walls. Am I in heaven? I looked at the rest of the room. Definitely not. I was in a hospital. I sat up. My mechanical arm was gone, and nothing was there to replace it. The doctor came in and smiled at me.
    "And how are we feeling?" he asked. I really didn't like him. I don't know why, I just didn't.

Part #5 of 'BROKEN'

It soon became hard to breathe, all my muscles refused to obey. I began to drift of, away from everything and I thought sure I wouldn't return.
    "Simon?" It was my sisters voice beside me. She came to late. I could feel her cool hand on my forehead, and then there was nothing. I was gone.

Part #4 of 'BROKEN'

The suns heat beat down mercilessly. I heard soft steps behind me. A wild animal had come to end my misery. I couldn't open my eyes, this was the end. I felt hot breath on my neck, and a canine mouth took hold of my collar. It began to drag me. Why didn't it just kill me there and be done with it? In a few moments I was out of the sun. It released my shirt, then its breath was on my face. A wet tongue wiped my cheek and a dog whimpered. I opened my eye. Every thing was hazy, but I could make out Tanisha, my sisters dog.   

Part #3 of 'BROKEN'

I don't remember much more, just lots of blood. I don't think I even felt it. The sun was now peaking over the horizon. I heard another car passing on the road above, but wait-it stopped. Maybe, oh, just maybe if I called out they would hear me.
"Help" it came out as a hoarse whisper that no one could possibly have heard. I tried to sit up but only managed to roll painfully onto my side. I heard a dog bark, then the car started and roared off into the distance. I was going to die at the bottom of this miserable cliff.

Piece #2 of 'BROKEN'

I don't know how long I laid there, it seemed like days, but it was only hours. The needle-like pain never stopped. My mechanical arm was shattered, and I couldn't move. I heard several cars pass on the road far above me. As I lay there I began to think of how this mess started. It was two years ago when that little girl was playing on the train tracks. The train was coming, but she didn't realize, she was only like three. without hesitation I shoved her out of the way and then...........  

Dark Voice

DEEP DOWN ON THE WAY TO HEAVEN

Deep down in the dungeons
    In the castle of the king,
    There was a man
    And I heard him sing,

‘Come, come, be not afraid
    when death comes down to get you,
    Just look ahead
    and see what is in your view,

Can you see the stairway?
    leading up and through the sky,
    Can you see Him the Lord?
    Kneel down and glorify,

He says unto me ‘drink’
    ‘For it is free’
    And I answer ‘Lord mighty’
    ‘I am with thee.’

CRASH! 2

"What did you do!" she shrieked. I knew I shouldn't have, but I wanted to do it my whole life. Now I regretted it. There was dry wall everywhere. At least my room was bigger.
    "Sorry , mom. I thought....." I didn't know what to say. That wall had been in the way for ever. 

Piece #2 of 'BROKEN'

I don't know how long I laid there, it seemed like days, but it was only hours. The needle-like pain never stopped. My mechanical arm was shattered, and I couldn't move. I heard several cars pass on the road far above me. As I lay there I began to think of how this mess started. It was two years ago when that little girl was playing on the train tracks. The train was coming, but she didn't realize, she was only like three. without hesitation I shoved her out of the was and then...........  

State of Awe

State of Awe

I remember ducklings (I think three) in a five gallon bucket in my grandparents kitchen. Some one was beside me, I don't remember who. They were the most adorable things I had ever seen, and oh so soft. I remember some one saying to be careful because they were just babies.

Piece #1 Of 'BROKEN'

Novel Writing Competition 2018

Excerpt of White Gold

Samm didn’t see what it was, and not knowing what...

Turned to Stone

CRASH!

"What did you do!" she shrieked. I knew I shouldn't have, but I wanted to do it my whole life. Now I regretted it.

Novel Writing Competition 2018

Excerpt of White Gold

Novel Writing Competition 2018

Excerpt of White Gold

Novel Writing Competition 2018

Excerpt of White Gold

Novel Writing Competition 2018

Excerpt of White Gold

Samm didn’t see what it was, and not knowing what else to...

My Favorite Quote

Risk everything, fear nothing, have no regrets.

I always try to follow this advice. Can someone tell me who said it? I can't seem to find out.
Thanks :) 

Gallop!

Swift is he
King of the pasture,
Gallop! Gallop!
Gallop to your master.

Over damp ground
His feet fly,
Canter! Canter!
Don't pass me by.

His whinny
So low and sweet,
Walk! Walk!
Good boy! Heres your treat! 

Gallop!

Swift is he
King of the pasture,
Gallop! Gallop!
Gallop to your master.

Over damp ground
His feet fly,
Canter! Canter!
Don't pass me by.

His whinny
So low and sweat,
Walk! Walk!
Good boy! Heres your treat!