Geranium 1

Quille

S'up, dudes?
17. Christian. Homeschooled.
Stoneheart - Cliffhanger Queen
If I could have a super power, it would be to provide motivation and inspiration to those who need it.
I use words to fly.
Skip shooting stars; a fiery comet here.

"Life's too short to be a perfectionist." ~ me

I love to receive feedback; harsh or otherwise. Just be honest.
At the moment, it would be most appreciated if you would check out my series Elfboy. I'm editing it for a book that should be published in the coming spring.

I am very competitive and opinionated. If I sense a challenge, it'll be a run for your money.

I will to rock the world with my writing.

I love to review; feel free to ask.

I'm here to help you if you ever need it. I will also do my best to provide motivation if you want :D.
I love to brighten up your notifications and dashboard with my profile pic :D

This is me. Hi :) I hope you have a most excellent day.

Aight, God Bless you all and Write On!

Note On Fairy Chains/Might Be Continued

Hi *cringing smile*

Majestically Awkward Manatee just reminded me that I was working on another book here, Fairy Chains, and have two chapters up :)

I wanted to apologize that I left you guys on a rotten cliffhanger and haven't put up anymore since then. 

I'm really sorry. 

The only excuse is that I've been working like crazy on Elfboy--I'm about to write the end right now :D And then all I have to do is give it a good polish before it gets published. 

Anyhow, I'll do my best to get the next parts of Fairy Chains up here soon, as well as another few parts to my new piece, Might Be Continued. It's now going to be continued :)

So, please accept my apology & be patient. I'll be putting more up sometime hopefully soon :DD

Thank you all for being awesome,

xxxxx Quille

The Cliffhanger Queen's Contest

This is probably not the best time to host a contest, but I wanted to give it a shot.

Prompt: Whatever you want, but it should have a catchy title and a good cliffhanger at the end.

Deadline: January 21st. That gives you all one month.

Tag: #cliffhangerqueencontest

Prizes:

1. Fifteen reviews; Five comments; Three shout-outs. Your piece will also head an 11 piece series on here.
  2. Ten reviews; Three comments; Two shout-outs. I will use a character from your piece.
  3. Five reviews; One comment; One shout-out. Your piece will be used for ideas in the series.
Honorable Mention: One review. 

All entries will be reviewed after the contest. 
The series started with the 1st place entry should appear a week after the contest deadline.

Pieces will be judged on: personal preference, writing quality, title--which will probably become the title of the series, and especially, the cliffhanger :)

Have fun guys and I can't wait to see what you come up with! 
...

The Third Voice

I always loved to tell stories.
Sometimes I imagined myself as the Storygirl or Sara Crewe from A Little Princess.
I always wanted to make people feel and see my stories unfolding before their eyes.
But I didn't think I had the magic.
I would stutter or change my mind mid-sentence any time I tried to tell a story to my siblings.
They were patient, but I could tell my tellings bored them sometimes.
I couldn't make my eyes sparkle or act out the different voices of characters.
Sometimes I made gestures with my hands, but I usually forgot.
My stories weren't real, not even to me. I could never affect people like the tellers I read about did.
Why did I even bother trying?
Because, a voice whispered to me when I was ready to give up storytelling, because you are a voice. You have a voice. Perhaps it's not like Sara's, but you have a voice and you...

Might Be Continued

"Get the hell out of my garden, you bastard!" I didn't know who he was when I said that. If I had, I still would have said it. It was totally worth everything that happened after to say that to him; mostly because of everything that happened after, but partly because of the expression on his face when he heard me.

That was hilarious. His face was twisted in an expression that said 'how dare you talk to me like that?' and 'this is seriously your garden?'

It was hilarious, but I didn't laugh. I was furious that he dared come into my garden.

Even more so when I saw that he had picked one of my roses.

Tiny Love Story

His Smile Makes Me Cry

About the most beautiful thing I can think of right now is his smile. 
It's a smile like... Well, it's...
*Sigh*
Just imagine if a rainbow got turned upside-down and filled with sunshine. 
That's what his smile reminds me of.
Anytime I'm sad or hurting, I picture it in my mind and I smile too. But not on my face. I fill up with a smile inside. 
Maybe you don't understand that, but my whole body fills with a smile anytime I think of him.
A golden, blissful smile.
The next moment, I'm shattered in tears.
We can't be we.

Time For A New Story #fire

She sat watching the flames carefully as they performed their destructive dance over her past. Everything she owned except the clothes she now wore turned to slowly smoke and sparks, rising with merry dances into the sky.

She breathed in the smoke with delight, glad to be free of the shackles she had possessed; toys, books, clothes, knick-knacks--things another might love to have, but that had been weighing her down for far too long.

Once ashes replaced the mound of things, she rose, breathing no longer smoke, but clear air of adventure awaiting her.

She glanced a last time at the little house where her parents slept, thinking her likewise asleep, and laughed.

She was her own person now, ready to fight the world with both fists. They couldn't make her stay by giving her things as they had over the years. Everything that had bound her to her past was burnt. It was all gone.

And she would be...

#myfirstcontest

"First, tell me why you're crying?"

Living People

Guess Who :)

1. What is something about your character that no one knows?
In the beginning, even he doesn't know that he's an Elven prince with magic powers.

2.What is his/her favorite time of day?  
Night. Dark and stormy nights.

3. Who is his/her closest confidant?
Joe, his boss, and Chris.

4. What is something s/he collects?
Books; old ones full of dust that nobody reads anymore.

5. What was his/her last nightmare about?
I'm not sure, but probably about his mom killing him, which turned into reality.

6. What is the first thing he/she thinks about when she wakes up in the morning?
Escaping and the pain of getting caught.

7. What is something that fascinates him/her?
Fencing and plants; specifically trees.

8. What is something that embarrasses him/her?
A twisted leg and a pair of thick-lensed glasses.

9. How does he/she like to celebrate his/her...

A Fighter: Dialogue Story

"You cannot break me like that."

"How about like this?"

"I will not break."

"I could have you killed."

"Do it then. I won't give in to a tyrant like you to save anybody's life; especially not mine."

"You won't say that when I'm through with you."

"Wanna bet?" 

"If you will not submit to my will by the time the sand runs out of the glass, I will have you killed in the most painful way imaginable."

"Sounds good. I can take whatever you can give."

"You think so?"

_________________________________

Hours later

"Unfortunately, she was right, my lord. Died laughing at you."

"I should have you killed for not breaking her! I wanted that witch on my side!"

"I tried my best, sir, but she was a fighter. Fought all the way to death."

I'll Fight The Lord's Way #myfirstcontest

"Jonas, didn't you hear what I just said?" Emmet looked dumbfounded at his friend.

Every inch of Jonas's bearded face lacked surprise at the terrible news.

"They've taken another one, so what?" he said without looking up from the axe handle he was smoothing.

"Well, I expected some kind of human reaction. It was your little girl they took first! Now it's Maria Brooks little boy."

"I'm sorry to hear that, but these monsters aren't human. We can't retaliate them in a human way."

"What do you suggest we do? Sit back and let them steal our children?"

"No! Never that. We will fight them; we will destroy them, but we cannot do it alone." Jonas's fiery dark eyes bolted to the face of his trembling friend.

Emmet scoffed, tearing away from the other man's gaze.

"We are alone, Jonas," he turned to leave. "I guess I'll go round up the townsmen and we'll go after those beasts."

"And I...

Polar Opposite

A Conversation Between Me and My Main Character

"You're not a very good reader to have skipped over so much of the book. I mean that I could never have written a word if God didn't help me." Abbi said with crossed arms.

"Ah yes." El became very quiet, letting his long hair hang in front of his face so Abbi couldn't see his expression.

"You don't believe in Him yet, but you'll have to wake up to the facts sooner or later. I thought reading the book might have made that clear to you." Abbi's dark gray eyes sparkled with the chance of a debate.

"Writers have very annoying habits about what their characters should and shouldn't believe." El's tone became acid.

"And a certain character has a worse habit of turning the conversation to his advantage when he's lost the argument."

"A trait that must've come from you."

"I haven't lost." She smiled with a sweet form of sarcasm that prevented El from saying anything more....

Random Rant About Feeling What I Write

So, this piece is really nothing, but I've seen a lot of writers saying that a piece they wrote isn't about them; that they've never actually experienced feeling like their piece describes (i.e. depressed, anxious, or sad) 
I just wanted to say that I have felt everything described in my pieces. 
That's one of the reasons I like writing and do it so much because I'm able to move from personality to personality; switch moods and attitudes on the spot.
I think that might also be a reason why writing is easy for me. I've had a lot of practice being different people.
For over a decade, my closest sister and I played a game that I now realize helped me convey emotions and characters in my writing.
The game was *drumroll* Lord of the Rings. Yeah, with pieces thrown in from Star Wars, Narnia, Robin Hood, and even more from our own imaginations. Chuck Norris also figured as a...

#Unspoken Because It Sounded Like A Challenge

I closed my eyes and forced the tears to go away. Then I opened them, spinning around to face him with whiplash words ready to spring form my throat.

They never came.

He wasn't there anymore.

I could only watch with a hollow feeling in my chest and new tears in my eyes as he vanished over the horizon.

THANK YOU :D

Guys, I just wanted to thank you all again so much for the comments you wrote on my Elfboy pieces :D I just went through and read them all; they make me laugh and they're helping me with my story editing.

THANK YOU ALL SOO MUCH!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I will do all I can to have Elfboy published in just a couple months. 

Working on it every spare second and I wanted to let you know, those comments are very motivational when I hit a tough spot :DD

Thank you again, and in case you didn't see it, I gave everybody a shout-out :)

xxxx Quille

Closed Books

Has anybody ever been on WtW's dashboard this time of day?
Probably not. 
Otherwise I'd have no subject for this piece.
It's the time when everybody goes away,
To school, to lunch.
To I don't know where.
Reviews are shared.
No one's there.
It's like walking into a silent library;
All the books locked away.
Their stories unable to be read.
I guess I should leave. 
No one's going to care. 
No one's there.
All that makes its way to the dashboard
Are reviews.
Shared now; written weeks before.
I see my name as a reviewer.
I reviewed that piece two weeks ago.
Surprised to see reviews appear in my notifications;
I write thanks; no one sees.
I publish. I read. I like. I comment.
No one sees. 
Is anybody home?
Or am I here alone?
Will you come back? 
Or will I be here alone?
Is anybody else on WtW's dashboard this time of day?
Or are all their...

Reverie

A thought-clouded mist moves in upon the night,
Shadows of hope become hidden out of sight.
On the wings of reverie, I fly,
Daydreaming across a starlit sky.
Smoke turns to fire,
Devouring a celtic bire.
Mirrors forever lie,
Telling sweet dreams to die. 
Kings come crashing down,
Bereft of title and crown.
Burns and scars will always stay 
Until memory's chain breaks away.
Whispers cry out against the pain,
But words will still remain.
Are things broken now blemished?
Or can they still shine undiminished?
Paper rents and steel melts in flood,
Only bitter ink will stain the blood.
The heart will flake away
Unless love paints anew each day.
Beware the knife-edged blade of hate may cut its strings,
Striking chords a dead bird sings.
Eyes shine with sunlight shades of tears
Hearts break confronted with lovers' fears.
Tarnished jewels lie in wait
For fish who'll swallow no other bait.
The web-mesh of fate,
Will not catch the...

#MWTWFstory

I have always been a writer. I can remember my dreams of writing a novel from when I was very little.
But I never attempted it. Not until I was about twelve and my sister and I went into a collaboration that somehow ended in both of us writing different books; we didn't have a fight or anything, our plots just drifted away.
Mine took me the best part of six years to bring to a conclusion--and it still needs work.
A nice contrast with my latest works: Elfboy, which took less than three months; and its two sequels, each of which took me less than three weeks.
What happened to help me write so much faster (and definitely better)?
Well, a number of things. I stopped playing games with my siblings, I learned to prioritize, and I learned that writing books was more fun and fulfilling than reading them.
And I found WtW.
I came here by accident. 100%...

Marble #Object

I hold it in my hand,
Watching the world around me bend 
To its perfect spherical curve.
I turn it to make everything twist and swirl.
I like the weight in my hand,
The light that it shines back,
I could stare for hours at that globe of glass
Yet not fathom the depth or mystery
That its surface creates.
It's only a marble,
But I know it contains 
A world of dreams and wishes
That only light can unlock.

2019

2019: Year of Adventure

My ingredients for the coming year:

A healthy baby born to my neighbors
A safe trip for my sister and her husband
Pigs for my family to raise
All the happiness to a boy who doesn't know I exist
A better job for my mom's best friend; maybe even a new house
Success as a writer to a guy in Germany

For me?

An unscarred thumbnail (it's currently bruised up from me hitting it with a hammer :)
One race won
365 sunrises and sunsets
A dozen accomplished goals - including a published book
A taste of real life romance - writing is a decent substitute 
Lots and lots of good music
Unexpected adventure to make it complete

Joyeux Noel, Mes Bon Ami :D

O.K. so my French isn't the best, but that's supposed to translate as: 'Merry Christmas My Good Friends :D'

This is my very first Christmas as a member of WtW and I think it's been a good one :DD
I'm very happy to be able to be here (: I hope you're happy to have me :)

God bless you all abundantly and keep up the writing!!!!!!!!!!

Merry Christmas, Joyeux Noel (love French and don't remember any other languages at the moment :)

HAVE AN AWESOME DAY!!!!!!!! :DD

Fairy Chains Chapter 2

O.K. so here's the link for the first chapter:

Fairy Chains Chapter 1

I think I'll do the same as I did for Elfboy and provided links to just three previous chapters instead of making a huge list :D
Thanks to everybody who has read so far; I really hope you're enjoying it as much as I am :D
***************************************************************

We both looked around for whoever the voice belonged to.

“Who are you?” Jason—always bolder than me—stood and asked.

“I am just me.” The voice laughed as though in sleep. “The fairy spell left for those who want adventure.” It laughed again.

“What kind of adventure?” asked Jason, his eyes wide as he searched for the speaker.

“A very deadly, exciting one naturally.”

“Let’s go home.” I said, getting up from the stump.

The voice chuckled. The warm sunlight fled behind a mass of gray cloud as though on cue.

I shivered,...

Part of Bryssa's Lament #ManateeContest

Shrad was land of my birth.
A wonder on this manifold earth,
With pink sands the color of rose.
It is gone like the night’s shadows.

The desert shook; sandstorms rushed about.
The darkened sun didn’t set; it just went out.
The riverside farm I held so dear,
I could only watch it disappear.

Safe for the time I
Watched from my balcony high
Until the sand blinded my eye
My family lost, I couldn’t even cry.

The palace and city started to fall,
I walked slowly through the hall.
At my side was Dragon, king.
A mourning song I heard myself sing.

Fire started next, stone came rumbling down.
In the swirling dust I thought I’d drown.
A blackness opened yawning before us,
The palace rocked with a shrieking chorus

Blue-Eyed Witch #23foraarushi

Stay away from her.
That girl with blue eyes.
Sure, blue eyes are pretty common.
But not hers.
Blue like a demon's breath.

Just Kill Me #fiveendings

Just kill me.
I don't want to live anymore.

Why? Did you just seriously ask why???

She--she's... dead.

What do you mean 'who's she?'
You're so cruel with those questions! 
Can't you feel this terrible pain?
Just kill me and take it away!

All right! I'll answer.
Maybe you're right.
Maybe it could help to talk about it.
Maybe.

She--I can't even talk about her without crying!
Why do you want to know anyhow?
You can't give me comfort.

Fine. But you mustn't mind the tears that accompany it.

She was the girl who lived next door.
Brown curls. Rosy cheeks. Dark, deep, loving eyes.

You look a bit like her. Just a bit.
Don't tell me that! I know you're not her.
How could you even pretend that?
I don't want to talk to you anymore.
Just kill me and get it over with.

Why won't you do as I ask?

Don't try to tell me that.

I...

Fairy Chains Chapter 1

“Help!” I screamed as I raced down the darkened street, moving faster than my legs could bear. “Help!”

No one answered, but I hadn’t expected that they would. I just felt like I should do something besides run from It through the empty town.

It.

The very thought of what ran behind me chilled the marrow in my bones and made my scream die in my throat. At least it motivated me to run faster though.

Perspiration soaked through my hated turtle-neck shirt, trickled down my forehead, plastered my hair down. Adrenaline bursting in my bloodstream created the feeling I loved when I ran; the feeling that I glowed as I went. But I found no pleasure in the feeling now. I wasn’t running for fun like usual, or even for the school track team.

I was running to save my life.

I tried to scream some more, scream my soul right out...

The Stars Lullaby #silentnight

Have you ever gone for a walk in the silent night and heard the stars singing a lullaby to the day?

The Luminary Piece

100!..... 
Does that really deserve a badge?
I write over 1000 words daily.
Should I count this as an achievement?
I'm not trying to brag,
But really?
I don't feel honored by this
Or many of the other badges so far.
Luminary...
?

Bravery Without Intelligence Is Recklessness #JA17

Bravery shocks my intelligence; intelligence sharpens bravery. An interesting paradox you think? 
The unintelligent cannot be brave.

Writer in Distress XD

Hey! I need some help :)
I'm writing a book where the characters text back and forth a bit and have 0 texting experience :) If you guys could give me a bit of info--like abbreviations/grammar you might use or what a text generally looks like or anything at all--I would really appreciate it :))
Thanks!

xxxx Quille 

Don't Clip My Wings

I'm learning to fly.
Don't clip my wings.

A bird is born to fly,
Feathers make its wings.

I'm a writer,
Born to write.
Words make my wings.

On a paper expanse of sky,
I work them hard.

Up and down. 
Up and down.
Letter after letter.
Word by word.
Once upon a time...
It was a dark and stormy night...
Beginnings turn to ends.

I'm a writer learning to write. 
I'm a bird learning to fly.

Don't clip my wings.

Me #Manateeq&a

1. What is your favorite book of all time? 
Can it be a book I wrote? If so, Elfboy.
If not, The World Book Encyclopedia set :D Yes, I'm serious about that.

2. Your favorite movie? 
You got me here... LOTR probably. I grew up with it.

3. What is your favorite TV show? 
I grew up on Scooby-Doo and Ducktales :)

4. Do you play any sports? If so, what are they? 
Does running count? I am a long-distance track runner and also enjoy cross-country.

5. What is your biggest phobia? 
Don't have one that I can think of. Probably not being able to write.

6. What is your favorite song right now? 
Pieces by Rob Thomas. It makes me think of my writing.

7. What is your favorite type of pie? (had to do this, I love pie) 
Chocolate and peanut butter :)

8. Do you think that money can buy you happiness? 
Is this a trick question?...

What The ****????!!!!

HOW DID I GET 100 FOLLOWERS?????????!
Totally flabbergasted at the moment :DD

I'm not even done celebrating the first 25! XD

Well, I really appreciate you all a lot!!!!!!!!!! :DD

If anybody wants a review on something specific, let me know. If not, you'll probably receive a review anyhow, just on something of my choice :D

Thank you all!! You're totally awesome!!!!!!!!!!! :DD

A Shout-Out to my AWESOME Friends

(If anybody on this site counts themselves as my enemy, let me know:)

So, I've been publishing a bit of a novel--Elfboy--on here over the last month. I've gotten a ridiculous amount of support from some awesome dudes (and dudettes if Silver Pen doesn't mind me borrowing the phrase:)
These are all the people who have been liking, commenting, and reviewing it for me.
Thank you all so much!!!!! :DDD
I hope this piece lets you know how much I've appreciated even just likes from a few of you :)
(Order is random because I could never decide who to put where:))

RNE - My friend, you have been on this ride since the very beginning and your support (and threats:) has very, very much to me. Still flabbergasted by your message from writer :D
One of my favorite pieces: The Cell I read it twice :) Love the character and emotion shown just through your narrative voice :D ...

Elfboy Chapter 25

Well, here it is guys. Chapter 25. The final chapter. I hope you enjoy it :)
And if anybody is interested in reading more, I would still love to have you read all I have on here :)

Elfboy Chapter 22  
Elfboy Chapter 23 
Elfboy Chapter 24

Thanks to everybody so much for their support and feedback during the past month.
A surprise is in store for you all :)
*********************************************************************

“Me?” I couldn’t believe what he was saying. “Go to the Elven world with the two of you?”

Aunt Sally and Julie now looked alarmed.

“Why do you want Chris to go?” Julie asked. “Is he an Elf too?”

Joe laughed and shook his head.

“No, that’s why we need him.”

“Need?” I asked. I didn’t like the sound of that.

“Didn’t he tell you?”

We all turned in shock to see Ms. Higgins using a chair to pull...

Elfboy Chapter 24

Chapter 24. The second to last. 
If you haven't read Elfboy yet, I would still deeply appreciate if you wanted to and left some feedback.
Here are links to the most recent three chapters:

Elfboy Chapter 21  
Elfboy Chapter 22 
Elfboy Chapter 23

Thank you all very much for reading this story and leaving me awesome, inspiring, encouraging, critical feedback :DD
********************************************************************************************

Brutal cold flooded the air. The lights dimmed. All the pressure left my throat, leaving me to gasp for breath.

Ms. Higgins tried frantically to regain control over her son, but failed. Terror crept into her expression as she clawed at him.

El stared at her with pure hatred, his pale eyes bright with hardness.

“You’ve… become much… stronger than… than I thought.” Her head fell back and her body went limp.

El dropped her to the floor and the cold faded gradually from the air. The lights became cheery yellow...

WARNING

Guys!! It's coming!!!
That really bad cliffhanger I warned you about with nothing after until the book's published?
Yep.
Thought I'd give you a heads-up :)
There will be no continuation of Elfboy on this site after this final cliffhanger.
Sorry :(
Words can't express how much I appreciate your support and feedback as I try to polish up my work.
Thank you all very, very much.
I will try to have the book finished as soon as possible so that you can all read the whole story without stopping at the cliffhangers :))
Thank you again.
The last pieces are on their way, I hope you enjoy them.

xxxxx Quille

Elfboy Chapter 23

So another shorter than desirable chapter. If you're interested, please follow these links to read the first part of this cliffhanger-infested story:

Elfboy Chapter 20  
Elfboy Chapter 21 
Elfboy Chapter 22

Yeah. And if you would do me one more favor, this q&a contains some questions I'm most wanting my readers to answer:

Q&A for Elfboy Readers--Please Do It :DD  

Thank you guys so much!!! You're all totally AWESOME (To borrow a phrase from RNE, *emphasis on awesome* :))
*************************************************************************

Ms. Higgins chuckled as though she had expected this.

“Put down the sword.” She slowly started to turn around. “You don’t even know how to use it.”

“That’s what you think.” El looked almost as if he could’ve laughed. “I’ve been attending a fencing club for three years. Held first place for about that long too.”

“That isinteresting; I’ve been wondering where fifteen dollars a month goes.” The air grew frigid as...

Gone

"Aaaannnddd.... it's gone." She said, smiling sadly.

"What's gone?" I asked.

"Any love I might have had for you. It's gone forever after this." She shows me a piece of paper.

A love letter to someone else with my name on it.

"But I didn't write this!"

She walks away.

Mixtape

Overjoyed

My life has always been surrounded by a wide range of music. Every genre I can think of.
These are the songs that stand out the most.
You could call them my favorites.
I think of them as part of me somehow.

New Day Dawning/Celtic Thunder
    A new day, a new story.

Hummingbird/B.B. King
    Happy times.

Golden Years/David Bowie
​    Golden years slipping by.

Reelin' in the Years/Steely Dan
    Passing of the golden years. New, wild ones begin.

Stairway to Heaven/Led Zeppelin
    I had a dream once about making a stairway (well, ladder) to heaven.

Immigrant Song/Led Zeppelin 
     This is my intro as me.

Chasing Pirates/Norah Jones
    'My mind's racing from chasing heartaches'

One Headlight/The Wallflowers
    'I think I'd like to watch it burn'.

All My Love/Led Zeppelin
    A really sad one that I love. Go figure.

​Pieces/Rob Thomas
    My writing. 

Fool...

Elfboy Chapter 22

So, links to the previous three chapters:

Elfboy Chapter 19  
Elfboy Chapter 20 
Elfboy Chapter 21

And a Q&A I would love to receive answers for:

Thank you dudes a ton for all the feedback you've given me so far. I really appreciate it all.
If anybody wants a review, let me know. Just like it says in my bio, I will do it.
*********************************************************************************

Mr. Snyder and I followed Joe out of the truck. He went around the back for a moment and came back carrying a sword and black bag.

“You’re going back too?” asked Mr. Snyder.

“Heck yeah,” Joe said. “I’ve been waiting to for seventeen years. Don’t get me wrong, Chris, this place is O.K. but it’s never going to be my home.”

“What’s the Elven world like?” I asked, suddenly hoping I would get a chance to see it. I didn’t...

Me #mystoryq&a

do you still live where you were born? 

Nope. My family has moved six times during my life.

how many languages do you speak/study? 

I speak English. Studying Latin, Spanish, French, and German.

do you consider yourself a good student? 

Yes. I sit and doodle, knit, or whatever during class and get good grades :D

do you sport?

What does that mean?

are you religious?

I'm a Christian if that's what you're asking.

what should you be doing right now? (me, studying for two tests i have in about 12 hours)

Writing. Or writing. Not sure which :D

who was your last crush and why? 

Does it sound weird to say that my last crush was a book character that I made up? (El to my readers :))

do you think trauma/adversity damages people or helps them grow? 

It depends on the person. For me, it is strengthening.

what is the artwork you are currently most proud of? 

A...

Me #paperbirdq&a

what's the story behind your profile picture? 

My profiles are always pictures that I took of flowers in my mom's and siblings' and my own gardens. This one is just a close-up of a lily. Did anybody here notice there are ants crawling on it? (I hope not:)

when you start a "free writing" piece, do you like the font better when it's the editing font or the published font?

The editing font :D It's more casual. 

what movie scarred you for life as a child?  does it still freak you out? 

Do you really want to know? It was The Princess Bride. No, it doesn't freak me out anymore, now I'm wondering what happened to all the scariness I remembered :)

look up "horoscope personalities."  which one fits you? 

I'm a Taurus. By birth and personality.

do you consider yourself to a good writer? (be honest) 

Honestly, I knew I was good, but I didn't believe it until I...

Elfboy Chapter 21

So three links to past chapters:

Ellfboy Chapter 18 -- I can't believe I spelled the title wrong on that one! lol :DD  
Elfboy Chapter 19 
Elfboy Chapter 20

And I would really appreciate if you guys checked this out/answered the questions. Big thanks to everybody who has already; it really means a lot to me. :DD

O.K. Enough links. Chapter 21 :))
****************************************************************

“What does it matter if he did?” asked Mr. Snyder—Prince Syldar. I could probably never get used to the patchy-haired, coffee drinking principal being an Elvish prince. “I’m certainly not strong enough to open a portal at the moment, but I could write down the spell for Elrond to use.”

“No, Trindor changed it. I don’t even know what it is. He wrote it down on that paper for El to use and I never looked at it.”

“Then how did you get here?”

...

To celebrate 20 chapters now, I decided to do this again (Although I deleted the #1 villain suspect question because it's kind of obvious now :)) So, a couple questions about Elfboy:

1. Who's your favorite character? Why?
  2. Who's your least favorite character? Why?
  3. Which is your favorite part so far? Any particular reason why?
  4. Which is your least favorite part so far?
  5. What's your #1 story-related questions?
  6. Is there anything you feel that I need to expand on or clarify?
  7. To borrow an idea from @nezi_nes, what one word would you use to describe my writing?
  8. Does the title make sense to you?
Please write your answers in a comment :)
Thank you so much for taking the time to do this! I really appreciate you guys' answers a lot :D
And thank you all SOO much for reading my book so far; your support is wowing :DD

Elfboy Chapter 20

Herein are the answers to most of thine questions, but if you have not, please readeth the past chapters by following these links:

Elfboy Chapter 17  
Elfboy Chapter 19

O.K. I hope you guys still have a few leftover questions after reading this part. The real excitement will be coming in the next piece?
Thanks again :DD
***************************************

“All right,” sighed Mr. Snyder. “To begin with,” he turned around a bit and looked at El. “Your mother is a witch.”

“I knew that.” El’s tone was a bitter scoff.

“Did you know that she gave you the name she did for a joke? She thought that it was fitting because in Tolkien’s ridiculous book it was given to a character who was half-elven. Your father was King Trindor of the Mountain Elves. I’m his brother, Prince Syldar, and this—“...

Elfboy Chapter 19

So, if you haven't read the past chapters, here are links to a few:

Elfboy Chapter 16  
Elfboy Chapter 17 

Thank you guys so much for reading these. More is coming up ASAP and it will probably be way more exciting than this part :DD

“Too much to explain here,” Joe said. “We need to get to the pizza shop in an hour. Do you think you’re able to walk? My truck’s outside, but we’ll have to go down the fire-escape.”

“I never really could walk,” El tried to laugh and failed.

I helped him out of bed while Joe opened a window.

Mr. Snyder sat in the chair sipping coffee and trying to catch his breath.

“Anything special in that?” I asked him.

“Nope, I go on plain coffee power.” he chuckled. “Really...

Ellfboy Chapter 18

The links to past chapters:
Elfboy Chapter 15  
Elfboy Chapter 16 
Elfboy Chapter 17

Getting to the exciting part, guys! But don't worry about the cut-off yet. :DD
I hope you enjoy reading this as much as I enjoy you reading it :DD

“Then try.” Joe stepped back.

Mr. Snyder handed me his traveling mug and went over to the bed. Kneeling down, he took El’s wrist like Joe had done and closed his eyes. Then he opened them and  shook his head.

“She’s grown too strong.”

“You have to at least try,” Joe urged. “If she gets him, you’re dead.”

“All right.” Mr. Snyder took a deep breath and closed his eyes again. Sweat beaded up on his forehead and his face turned red with effort.

The monitor screen suddenly lit up with huge, rapid waves and a red light on it started blinking. Joe tore the cord away from...

This Little Light of Mine #candleflame

I held a little candle flame,
Right in my hand; no wax or wick,
Just a glowing flicker.
It was a gift from God,
Given to me when I was saved
To help spread His light.
I tucked it away deep inside,
Afraid that it would go out in the winds of this world.
I knew that was wrong, 
I should have let it shine unhindered.
That little flame nearly went out,
Suffocated.
I brought it out only just in time,
And now it burns ever brighter.
God keeps it lit as I work to spread His light.
I hold a little candle flame,
And I use it to kindle the Lord's fire in others.

Elfboy Chapter 17

The past three chapters:
Elfboy Chapter 14  
Elfboy Chapter 15 
Elfboy Chapter 16

Thank you guys SOO much for reading this!! :DD
God Bless you all! :DD
************************************************************

I told Joe everything I could about last night and asked him dozens of questions, but he remained completely silent.

We fortunately didn’t see Mr. Snyder, but we had to wait several while doctors and nurses went in and out of El’s room.

At last they all left with remarks such as “most peculiar” and “I wonder what the cause could be”.

“Idiots,” muttered Joe as we went in.

He walk dover and took one of El’s wrists as though feeling for a pulse and shut his eyes. Cold shuddered through the air like at El’s house last night, but not half so chill.

The monitor screen started to show bursts of shallow waves and El’s breath grew stronger.

Joe suddenly dropped his...

To You, My Love

You are the reason I laugh,
The thought of you is what gets me through each day,
The sound of your voice makes my heart pause and skip.
Seeing you hurt brings tears to my heart,
And your love for another wrenches my soul.
I long to have your arms wrapped around me,
But the closest thing I have is my blankets at night.
I love you.
I wish you could tell me that too.
I hug the notebook pages and pencil scrawls that make you close to my chest.
If only my love could bring you to life from those pages.

Silence #ICBYstory

Crack! The whip raced through the air and onto my back again.

"I've told you," I whispered, wincing. "I don't know anything."

Lord Druk stood up from his chair and walked over to me. He stroked his graying beard in thought. Then turned his dark eyes at me in a fierce glare.

"You're Keffed Strokh, son of Lord Strokh, are you not?" he asked, his voice disgustingly smooth.

I didn't answer. He knew he was right.

"And you have been posing as a suitor for my daughter while stealing information from here to turn the war in your father's favor. Correct?"

Right again--except about my posing, I loved Lyvida very much.

"Yet you claim to know none of my plans. I find that very hard to believe. Tell me what you know, or you will die at my whip-master's hands long before nightfall."

I remained silent, wishing only to could see Lyvida before sundown.

Moonlight #believe

"The moon is made of cheese!" I shouted at the mocking face that gaped at me. My own brother. He didn't believe me.

"Then what are the stars?" asked Billy, his face twisted with confusion.

"Salt. You need salt to make cheese." 

"Who makes the cheese?" Billy persisted, but I didn't care. I knew I was right.

"The fairies. They have to remake the moon every month after the night rat eats it away. They take salt from the stars and milk from the Milky Way to make it."

"Where do they get the rennet?" Billy sneered.

"They don't need it." What was rennet?

"You need rennet to make cheese. If your fairies don't know what rennet is, that proves the moon isn't made of cheese."

"It is too! They don't need it. You're just making it up!" I felt like crying, but my face was too hot. "The moon is made of cheese! I've seen the rat who eats...

Elfboy Chapter 16

Links to the three most recent chapters:
Elfboy Chapter 13  
Elfboy Chapter 14 
Elfboy Chapter 15
**********************************************************

Almost an hour passed, but Joe still didn’t come.

Finally, I decided to look around the building and see if I could find another way in.

It didn’t take me long to spot the fire-escape.

Looking around to make sure no one was watching, I climbed up as quickly as I could and got in through an open window. I found myself in a spotless white hallway—fortunately with nobody else around.

I did my best to pretend that I had come in the normal way and just couldn’t find the door I wanted, which I couldn’t.

As I rounded a corner, I found the room I wanted. Two doctors had just come out and I heard one say, “What about his leg, all twisted up like that?” It had to be El they were talking...

Elfboy Chapter 15

The shortened list of links to past chapters:

Elfboy Chapter 12  
Elfboy Chapter 13 
Elfboy Chapter 14

Thanks for reading you dudes :DD

Silence ruled the kitchen as Aunt Sally made breakfast the next morning. It turned out to be three giant slices of left over fudge cake from last night and three glasses of milk. Aunt Sally never drank coffee.

Sighs echoed around the table as we all picked at the cake.

“I’m going,” I said at last.

“I know.” Aunt Sally nodded.

Julie fought back spiteful tears.

Silence again, though not for long. The doorbell rang.

Julie jumped up to answer it, visibly glad to leave the kitchen. She returned seconds later, her eyes wide and her face paled.

“It’s Ms. Higgins!” she gasped.

“Is it?” Aunt Sally bounced out of her chair. “You two finish your breakfast. Chris, you can leave by the back door...

Moonlight #believe

"Salt. You need salt to make cheese." 

"They don't need it." What was rennet?

"It is too! They don't need it. You're just making it up!" I felt like crying, but my face was too hot. "The moon is made of cheese! Why don't you believe me?" 

Mother...

Elfboy Chapter 14

I decided to shorten the list a bit. From now on, I'll just include links to the previous three chapters :D
Elfboy Chapter 11  
Elfboy Chapter 12 
Elfboy Chapter 13

Is that better? 
Again, a huge thanks to you dudes for reading :DD
**************************************************************

“Chris!” El shouted, a massive shadow at the broken window. “Are you all right?”

“Yeah,” I croaked, feeling anything but all right.

El set his foot on the windowsill and swung his twisted leg over.

“No!” Ms. Higgins yelled.

He shot a venomous look at her. The next moment he landed on the ground. El was quickly on his feet and yanked me to mine.

“Come on,” he said, taking off towards the woods.

I glanced up at the window. Ms. Higgins wasn’t there, but I could feel her watching.

The moon still hung bright in the sky, shining even through the storm clouds and rain....

Ouch #tenwords

Love in smoke. She was gone forever. No coming back.

Elfboy Chapter 13

I'm sure this is everybody's favorite part; the links to past chapters! :DD

Elfboy Chapter 1         
Elfboy Chapter 2         
Elfboy Chapter 3         
Elfboy Chapter 4        
Elfboy Chapter 5       
Elfboy Chapter 6      
Elfboy Chapter 7    
Elfboy Chapter 8   
Elfboy Chapter 9  
Elfboy Chapter 10 
Elfboy Chapter 11 
Elfboy Chapter 12

I really, really appreciate you guys reading this :DD

El pulled the key out of his pocket, bewilderment on his face.

His mom chuckled, then shrieked.

“Put your glasses back on! You know you can’t see without them.”

El deliberately dropped them on the floor.

“Near-sighted; that doesn’t mean I can’t see.”

“Are you daring to disobey you mother?”

I thought I felt the air get colder.

El winced. Then he stepped defiantly on his glasses, crushing the lenses.

Wind suddenly rose in fury and nearly shook the house.
...

Elfboy Chapter 12

The never-ending chain of past chapter links :DD
Elfboy Chapter 1        
Elfboy Chapter 2        
Elfboy Chapter 3        
Elfboy Chapter 4       
Elfboy Chapter 5      
Elfboy Chapter 6     
Elfboy Chapter 7   
Elfboy Chapter 8  
Elfboy Chapter 9 
Elfboy Chapter 10
Elfboy Chapter 11

I can't believe I've already gotten so far. Probably never would have done it without you guys' support :DD
************************************************************************************

“What do you want?” El snapped from within.

“I brought you a birthday present.” I was pretty sure Joe wanted El to have the package.

“Chris?” The door opened and El’s silhouette appeared.

“Yeah.” I chuckled lightly.

“What are you doing here?” His question was an accusation.

“I just told you; Joe sent me over with something for you.”

He sighed.

“Well, you better come in since you’re here.” He moved aside and I stepped into a room I would have never...

The Celebration of the Pompoms

My Dear Diary,

I did it. Tonight, during General Mospith’s party, I snuck into his camp. No one noticed me as I walked in and out of the many tents, carefully tearing the pompom fringe from my dress and stuffing the green, fuzzy balls down the barrel of every gun I could find.

I can’t wait to see what tomorrow’s battle will bring.

My people will suffer Mospith’s onslaught no longer.

That was a diary entry from Clara Gordmen, briefly telling of the brave act she committed before the Battle of Pompoms, a battle that took place the morning following that entry:

The soldiers marched out of their camps to meet each other in battle as they had been doing for the past weeks. The Invaders fired, but not as they expected. Hundreds of green pompoms rained down on the Defenders, who took advantage of the confusion among General Mospith’s troops and captured them all...

Elfboy Chapter 11

For the next day and a half, I thought about what Joe had asked me to do. And I ignored El.

Aunt Sally and Julie were noticeably glad, but I often caught El staring in my direction at school.

After school on the second day, I went straight to the pizza shop, still  undecided. I wanted to help, but why should I? Joe’d said that it would be dangerous. I didn’t want to get involved in anything that might get me killed. But he’d also said that Ms. Higgins would kill El if I didn’t help. That didn’t make any sense. She was his mother, why would she kill him? And why wouldn’t she have already done it if she was going to? The more I thought about it, the more it didn’t make sense.

The pizza shop was very busy that evening and it was almost nine o’clock before Joe and I got to talk....

Elfboy Chapter 10

And the growing list of links to past chapters:
Elfboy Chapter 1       
Elfboy Chapter 2       
Elfboy Chapter 3       
Elfboy Chapter 4      
Elfboy Chapter 5     
Elfboy Chapter 6    
Elfboy Chapter 7  
Elfboy Chapter 8 
Elfboy Chapter 9

DO CAPITAL LETTERS LET YOU GUYS KNOW HOW MUCH I APPRECIATE YOU TAKING THE TIME TO READ THIS? :DD
*****************************************************************************************

El led me off the driveway and into the trees. After about ten minutes, we arrived at a large shaded clearing.

Nine wooden crosses were lined up along one edge. Each had a fading name carved into it.

“Hannah… Nate… Richard… Will… Rose… Greg…” El read each one. “They all came to my birthday party once and never left. And these three officers came to investigate. There was one more officer, but she disposed of the body herself.”

I stood looking at the graves for a couple moments.

“Why don’t you...

Elfboy Chapter 9

And here's the list of links to the beginning :D

Elfboy Chapter 1      
Elfboy Chapter 2      
Elfboy Chapter 3      
Elfboy Chapter 4     
Elfboy Chapter 5    
Elfboy Chapter 6   
Elfboy Chapter 7 
Elfboy Chapter 8

I hope you enjoy reading this and thank you to everyone who has :DD
*****************************************************

“No, you can’t see Chris.” I heard Aunt Sally talking to someone at the door downstairs. “You can leave. And I don’t just mean my property, you and your mother can leave the country!” I knew it was El she was talking to. She slammed the door in his face and I could hear here stalk into the kitchen.

It was morning and I was in my bed, my head pounding.

“The nerve,” Aunt Sally ranted to Julie. “Showing up here like that every morning. He knows he’s not welcome. Here, take this up and see if Chris is awake.”

...

Who's This Girl?

Who's the girl I see?
She walks along the road at night and in the rain.
Her auburn hair loose, hanging down to her waist in violent waves,
Her eyes are dark at first glance, but in the light her iris is rainbow,
Her face is long and freckled, adorned with a hooked nose,
Her build is long, oh so long and lanky; scrawny some would say,
Her hands are willowy, her feet are much too big,
Who is this girl?
So nondescript in her jeans and sweatshirt
So plain and unnoticeable in those canvas shoes
So quiet.
Does anyone else ever see her?
If you did, would you ever believe she's a warrior?
A fairy princess?
A sorceress with powers beyond belief?
More recently an Elf with a corkscrew leg?
Would you believe these things?
What if I told you she was a writer?
The only marks of her trade a callous on her middle finger and a dreaming...

Elfboy Chapter 8

If you haven't read the beginning yet, here are a bunch of links to past chapters :)

Elfboy Chapter 1     
Elfboy Chapter 2     
Elfboy Chapter 3     
Elfboy Chapter 4    
Elfboy Chapter 5   
Elfboy Chapter 6  
Elfboy Chapter 7

Thanks SOO much for reading you guys, I love to hear the feedback :DD
***********************************************************************************

When El got on the bus the next morning, he looked haggard and worn-out. I pretended not to notice him the best I could. After what Aunt Sally had told me last night, I wasn’t so sure about him. He had seemed like maybe just different at first, but now I started to believe that he might be dangerous too.

I found myself wondering all morning what had happened to Hannah and the rest. I could vaguely remember her: brown curly hair and red cheeks; she laughed a lot.

But as much as I ignored him, I could...

Elfboy Chapter 7

A long list of links here if you want to read more :D
Elfboy Chapter 1    
Elfboy Chapter 2    
Elfboy Chapter 3    
Elfboy Chapter 4   
Elfboy Chapter 5  
Elfboy Chapter 6 

Thank you guys so much for being involved with this book!

They were arguing in the kitchen.

I stopped outside the back door to listen.

“How could you let him do that?” Aunt Sally roared, her voice nearly matching the thunder outside.

“I was already on the bus; I didn’t have a chance to stop him,” Julie sounded tired and anxious.  “You don’t have to be mad at me.”

“I’m not mad at you,” Aunt Sally calmed down a little. “But if he’s disappeared like my poor Hannah, I’m calling the police. I’ll make sure they do something about it this time.”

“The officers who went to investigate disappeared too.”

“Huh! I’m sure that woman...

Q&A For Readers-- Please Do :D

So, this is a q&a for people who've read my novel so far. If you'd like to read it, please follow these links and after you've read it, I would love to here your answers to these questions.
Elfboy Chapter 1   
Elfboy Chapter 2   
Elfboy Chapter 3   
Elfboy Chapter 4  
Elfboy Chapter 5 
Elfboy Chapter 6

O.K. here are the questions:

1. Who is your favorite character? Why?
  2. Who's your #1 villain suspect? Why?
  4. What's your #1 question about this book?
  5. Is there anything you would change or write differently? Please specify.
Please answer the questions in a single comment below :)
Thank you :D Any feedback means a lot to me and I appreciate you taking time to answer these questions.

Elfboy Chapter 6

Here are links to the first 5 chapters if you haven't read them yet:
Elfboy Chapter 1  
Elfboy Chapter 2  
Elfboy Chapter 3  
Elfboy Chapter 4 
Elfboy Chapter 5

Thanks SOO much to all the awesome people who have been taking time to read this, I appreciate it very much :D
***************************************************************************

I found El leaning against the wall outside.

“Hey, I wasn’t trying to be nosy—“

“Ready to go?” he interrupted, pushing himself off the wall.

“Yeah, Joe said something about a storm.”

A strange gleam shone through El’s glasses. It looked almost like greed.

“Did he?”

After a few minutes of walking, the first rumble of thunder reached my ears. I gave a slight shudder and quickened my pace. El walked on steadily as gusts of wind raced along the airstreams.

The thunder grew louder and the first raindrops started falling. El began to walk faster...

Elfboy Chapter 5

If you haven't read the first couple chapters, here's some links to them:

Elfboy Chapter 1 
Elfboy Chapter 2 
Elfboy Chapter 3 
Elfboy Chapter 4

If you have read them all, thank you so much for sticking this far! 
Your support really means a lot to me :)
On with the story :D
**************************************************************************************************************************

“Where are you going?” I called after him.

“To the pizza shop, I work there.” He stopped and turned to face me. “You can come if you want; Joe’d be glad to have you.”

I glanced behind me at the school parking lot. the bus had already gone.

“Sure. Why not?” I ran to catch up with El.

He might have been limping, but I was forced to almost trot the whole time.

Within half an hour, we stood before a small building on the edge of Orangeboro. Neon lights on the front read ‘Benny’s Pizza’.
...

A Quick Shout-out to Some Awesome People

Hey, just a quick shout-out to some really cool people who have been reading my novel, as well as writing great pieces of their own:

Silver Pen - You're comments are really awesome to read! I love the encouragement and criticism :D

RNE - Thank you so much!

camlily - Awesome and encouraging!

Mangolover - I really appreciate the feedback :D

AminahMcBina - Thank you for the awesome support and I look forward to reading more of Changing Moon :)

_TJNR@cheshire_ - I love reading your feedback! Very critical and encouraging :)

Thank you all for being awesome readers/commenters/and, of course, writers. I love your works :D

Please check out these people, they are worth it!

BTW, there is now a fourth chapter of Elfboy to read:

Elfboy Chapter 4

And if you didn't read the first three, please check them out, I love to recieve feedback :)

Elfboy Chapter 1
Elfboy Chapter 2
Elfboy Chapter 3

Thanks :) And...

Elfboy Chapter 4

The bus ride the next morning went almost exactly the same way. But I didn’t dare return El’s gaze; Julie was watching every move I made.

Fortunately, I didn’t get dragged into Mr. Snyder’s office again, but I was sure he watched me from somewhere.

The only time I saw El before lunch was in math class. When the teacher was handing out homework, he took his and threw it into her trash can without even glancing at the problems. She opened her mouth to say something, then shut it and walked away.

At lunch, I ran into El again—literally.

I had just got my tray of food and was walking over to the table where Julie sat when he appeared out of nowhere and we collided.

"Will you stop knocking me over?" he yelled.

Everyone winced and turned away, watching out the corners of their eyes.

"Sorry,...

Elfboy Chapter 3

I didn’t see that kid—El—again the rest of that day, not even on the bus.

Part of me was glad and wanted to obey the warnings. But most of me wanted to find out more about him and be his buddy if I could. The warnings had piqued my interest in him and I felt like anyone with the name Elrond had to be cool—I was a major The Lord of the Rings fan.

That evening over dinner, I decided to ask Aunt Sally if she knew anything about him.

She burst into tears.

“You keep well away from him,” she sobbed, leaving the table.

I looked to Julie for an explanation, but she stared at her plate. I could see that her eyes were full of tears.

Yay!!!!!!!!!

Hey everybody!

I finally got the first chapter of Elfboy published so any of you who wanted to read it can now. Please do :)

If you think I should continue publishing successive chapters on here, please let me know.

I appreciate feedback, positive or negative, very much.

Thanks!

xxxxx Quille

Elfboy Chapter 2

Please read Elfboy Chapter 1 first.
******************************************

Hiram P. Snyder,  the school principal, must’ve been waiting by the door for me since three a.m. His eyes were blood-shot and his straw colored hair looked like he’d just gotten out of bed and tore patches of it out. I learned after that those things had always been part of his normal appearance, but on that first day, they scared me.

What really got me though was the fact that as soon as I walked through the school door, he nearly pounced on me and dragged me into his office.

“Good morning, young man,” he said, motioning for me to sit down and filling a bright orange mug with coffee. He took a long sip and stood gazing out the window.

“Is there something you wanted to see me about?” I ventured.

“Not in particular.” He drank more coffee. “I just wanted to welcome you...

Novel Writing Competition 2018

Elfboy Chapter 1

After my dad died, I was sent to live with my chubby aunt Sally and thirteen-year-old cousin, Julie, near the small town of Orangeboro, Kentucky. I was really happy there for awhile--apart from missing Dad.

I mean, I was happy there, until school started.

"Stop worrying, Chris," Julie said as the two of us stood at the end of Aunt Sally's driveway, waiting in the fog for the bus. "I promise, the school's all right."

I didn't like being talked to like that by a thirteen-year-old, after all, I was going on seventeen, but I needed the reassurance. I had always been homeschooled before Dad died and I imagined that I would get picked on a good deal in a public school. But Aunt Sally and Julie were right. 

The school here was much different than I imagined.

Everyone on the bus was really friendly, even the driver,...

Elfknight Chapter 4 #paperbirdcontest

We had just stopped for the evening. Sometimes, I got the feeling that El and Tachla only stopped because I needed to rest. When I mentioned it to them that evening, they both agreed that they hardly ever needed to sleep.

"But I almost always felt tired in the other world," El added. "You don't feel that way here, do you?" Concern immediatly appeared on his face.

"No," I said. "Not at all."  

Even though I told him I felt perfectly fine, he was considerably easier on me as we practiced with our swords. Before we had finished, a bird-like screech cut through the air.

"Goblins!" Tachla jumped to her feet and set an arrow to her bowstring.

In an instant, more than fifty goblins were pouring down the mountainside towards us.

They were tall and slender, though not so much as the Elves, and had coal black...

The Novel Writing Competition Is Opening Tomorrow!!!!!!!!

Is anybody else as excited about that as I am?

In case you were wondering (and I'm pretty sure nobody was :) I will be entering the first chapter of something I've been working on for a while, and I'm sure some of you will recognise couple characters from--Chapter 1 of Elfboy. 

Wait, you've never even heard of it?

Well, that could be because I've never mentioned it on here.

Then how are you supposed to recognise the characters?

Because I have published a couple pieces about them, under the titles of Stray Prince and Another Character From Stray Prince, please check them out if you haven't already (They're not much to read, but they give you a little background info) and please leave me some feedback on them and the first chapter of their story, which will be published sometime tomorrow. 

Thank you :)

xxxxxx Quille 

Still Celebrating :) :)

Hey guys!

About a month ago, I decided to celebrate 25 followers (which has almost doubled !) by writing each of those totally awesome people a review on a piece of their choice. 

I got a couple requests, which I am working on, but other than that I have only gotten 10 reviews done. 

Here's a list of everybody I've reviewed for so far :

Catlover

rosemarywisdom

Luna Lemon

Craft N Joyer

RavensInkWrites

LyraLynne

Johanna 

Ellie O'Grady

INVISIBL3

nevaredhp

Yeah, not very many for a whole month :)

But I thought that since I only did so many, I might as well give everybody another chance to let me know if they want a specific piece reviewed.

Please do, your writing is all so awesome I'm having trouble picking out pieces! 

I'll be starting reviews again on Monday, so please let me know before then and thanks for all being such great people :)

DEBATING THE MESSAGING SYSTEM

ANNOUNCER: "And tonight we have a debate on the issue of a messaging system on WtW. Advocating for said system we have A. Advocate. Opposing, we have O. Opposition.
These two speakers will now debate this question: Should WtW have a personal messaging system on their website?
Ladies and gentleman, I present to you A. Advocate who will open this debate."

ADVOCATE: "Thank you very much. I am in full favor of a messaging system on WtW. It will make personal communications between writers much easier and allow for friendly chats about pieces. It will help bring writers together and help them give each other feedback through better relationships. It will be a great, great improvement on the site and make it much more like other social media as well."

ANNOUNCER: "Thank you, Advocate. Now we have Opposition, which will now present their case against a messaging system."

OPPOSITION: "Good evening, everybody. I obviously oppose the idea of a messaging...

Still Celebrating :) :)

Hey guys!

Catlover

rosemarywisdom

Luna Lemon

Craft N Joyer

RavensInkWrites

LyraLynne

Johanna 

Ellie O'Grady

INVISIBL3

nevaredhp

First Love--Goes on in Disappointment.

Then.
7 and 8; 8 and 9.
Long time ago.
Your hair black, my hair red.
We had so much fun, playing games with imaginary foes.
You were Aragorn, I was a centaur princess.
Together we slew many evil creatures.
Your brother made fun of us, said we were in love,
My cousin was jealous.
Mom laughed when I told her I wanted to marry you.
Now I cry.
Do you still have that letter I sent to you?
I remember its contents well.
17 and 18; 19.
Now. 
After nine years straight separation, no communication.
So many changes.
Your hair purple, my hair red.
Your face bearded, mine freckled still.
Your shaped bloated, mine scrawny still.
But I heard that you still cared.
I saw your picture and was disappointed.
But I wanted to let you know,
Disappointed, I still care too.

Still Celebrating :) :)

Hey guys!

Catlover

rosemarywisdom

Luna Lemon

Craft N Joyer

RavensInkWrites

LyraLynne

Johanna 

Ellie O'Grady

INVISIBL3

nevaredhp

I'll be starting reviews again on Friday, so please let me know before then and thanks for all being such great people :)

Bang! #booksandbeacheswritingcontest

Ah! Dusk is just falling, I must go home to my nest. My mouth is full of nut and my feet crunch pleasantly through the autumn leaves. 

Ahead I can see my tree with my cozy nest perched high in its crown.

But something doesn't feel right; doesn't smell right.

Crack! The snapping of a twig shatters the the forest quiet.

I look to see something, a human girl stands up in a clump of bushes. In her hands, she holds a gun.

Click! She presses with her finger and cocks it. 

I freeze and my eyes squeeze shut. Waiting to hear the noise that I know follows. A noise that took away my squirrely friends. 

I wait, but it doesn't come.

I glance over and see that she has lowered the gun a little. She trembles all over; I can almost feel the quivering of her heart.

She's not going to shoot. I dare a bounce forward. 

But the...

Personal Essay Competition: Making Change

Be

It's easy to say 'be the change you want to see in the world'. 

But it's not that easy to do.

Only those individuals who were determined (a.k.a. stubborn), disciplined, and courageous have ever changed the world for better.

Example of two men who lived during the same time:

Adolf Hitler and Winston Churchill. 

Hitler had wanted to be an artist, but he was unable to pass exams to be admitted into an art academy in Vienna. He became one of the most well-known evil-dictator personalities in the world. Hitler committed suicide, giving up completely the day after he had been married. All his life, we can see evidence of Hitler giving up. 

Churchill had a similar problem. He was unable to enter the Royal Military Academy after two attempts. He kept trying and was admitted on his third attempt. Winston Churchill won a nobel prize in literature, was Prime Minister of England, and was a great defender of liberty...

All In A Normal Day? #6things

1. Crack open black walnuts. Some people might not know, but the black walnuts are much harder to crack than English walnuts and definitely require some skill if you want to eat any.
  2. Write. I try to write every day, currently I am drafting a third novel as well as working on a poem.
  3. Hunt. Squirrel season is open here and deer season is coming up! 
  4. Tat. This is a form of needlework that makes beautiful lace edgings and doilies; it's very slow going and can be tricky to learn.
  5. Cook. I end up cooking a meal almost everyday. I like to think that I'm becoming a good cook, but sometimes I'm not really sure.
  6. Watch the geese. I've already mentioned before that we have a small flock of geese, and that they're destructive, but I didn't mention that we have to let them out of their pen for at least two hours everyday and 'babysit' them; it's sometimes highly entertaining...

What A Goose Eats

A friend once asked me what a goose does eat,
This poem should prove an enlightening treat:

A goose will eat a number of things,
roots, dirt, and also strings;

A goose will also eat plastic or glass,
(Though it is much, much better to eat grass!)

A goose will also chew your hair,
Or even on the seat of your chair!

I rightly think a goose is like a pig:
They’ll eat trees down to the last twig!

A goose will eat kitty’s favorite dish,
You know, her milk and fish.

(That greedy fellow would eat the dog’s food too,
if only he could get close enough to.)

Things like oats, corn, and wheat,
Are other things a goose likes to eat;

But by far the worst thing they do, 
Is eat vegetables that you grew;

I’ll say its also true,
That a goose will often chew;
On things like shoelaces,
Untying knots and pulling
Them apart in several...

Why I Write

My Reason

I write because I have no choice. No choice to remain silent and shadowed; I must write.

B.B. King Forever #topsongs

1. Hummingbird (My favorite!)
  2. Come Rain Or Come Shine (With Eric Clapton)
  3. Help The Poor
  4. Better Not Look Down
  5. Riding With The King (With Eric Clapton, another favorite :)
  6. Hold On I'm Coming (Eric Clapton, again!)
  7. Let The Good Times Roll
  8. When Love Comes To Town (With U2)
  9. Caldonia (E. C. :) 
  10. Never Make A Move Too Soon 
Totally love and miss B.B. King! Enjoy! :D 

Led Zeppelin!!!!!! #topsongs

1. Fool In The Rain (This one is my all-time favorite so far! :) 
  2. Stairway To Heaven*
  3. Kashmir
  4. Moby Dick
  5. Ocean
  6. Ramble On* 
  7. Boogie With Stu
  8. The Battle of Evermore*
  9. The Wanton Song 
  10. Trampled Under Foot
  11. Out On The Tiles
  12. No Quarter
  13. Going To California
  14. Immigrant Song (Another favorite, totally!)
   This is actually my mom's FAVORITE band. I love it partly because of that, but also because of the energy and feeling in their songs. Hope you enjoy!

By the way, I know this is more than ten, but I couldn't help it :)

The Second Hand Shop Chapter 1: Wednesday

Snip! Snip! Went my shears on the shirt I was mending for Mrs. Snoot.  It was Wednesday; my least favorite working day of the whole week.  Mrs. Snoot leaned close over my shoulder, scrutinizing my every stitch.  I hated working at her house, she was always rebuking me, if one stitch was wrong, I had to take out the whole seam and re-sew it.  But she paid me well for my work, so I did my best to keep her happy; Father and I could not lose her patronage.  The hours went by slowly, but finally I was finished.  I collected my wages and, taking my shears and needle—I had spent the last of my thread on the shirt—went to meet my father at the bridge.

I was there before him, as usual.  I washed my hands and face at the fountain in the square and stood for about five minutes waiting for him.  At last I glimpsed...

In Case You Didn't Know...

In case you didn't know, I was celebrating over 25 followers recently (which has become over 30! :) and decided to write each of those wonderful people a review on a piece of their choice. I will be starting on the reviews tomorrow, so if you would like me to review a specific piece for you, please let me know. 

Thank you all again!

xxxxx Quille

#cwcrandomq&a /Quille

1. What TV show did you watch as a kid (e.g. were you a My Little Pony type, a Phineas and Ferb type, etc.) 

I used to watch DuckTales and Scooby-Do Where Are You a lot :)

2. Should pineapple be on pizza?  

Only if it's a chocolate pizza :D

3. If there must be a word limit on a prompt/contest, what is your favorite length to write? 

Up to 500 words for a contest. Maybe over.

4. Why is your username what it is? 

Because I really like pens, especially fountain and quill types (although I mostly use a ballpoint to write with :)

5. What are your tastes in YouTube videos (if any)? 

I don't watch stuff on YouTube very much...

6. This is a moral dilemma: There is a boy band that you don’t particularly like.  Either you get a giant face tattoo of their logo that will stay with you for life, or each member will...

Celebrating Over 25 (Now Over 30!! ;) Followers!!!

Dear Followers (Guys and Gals ;)

To thank you all for helping me reach my first goal of 25 followers, I will be writing each of you a review on a piece of your own. Let me know in the comments if you would like a cetain piece reviewed. I will start to writing reviews on October first (two days from now!) so please let me know before then for specific pieces :D
Thanks again!

xxxx Quille

Dear Followers (Guys and Gals ;)

To thank you all for helping me reach my first goal of 25, I will be writing each of you a review on a piece of your own. Let me know in the comments if you would like a cetain piece reviewed. I will start to writing reviews on October first, so please let me know before then for specific pieces :D
Thanks again!

xxxx Quille

Dear Followers (Guys and Gals ;)

Thanks again!

xxxxx Quille

This I Believe

What I Believe

I believe in the power of imagination.
Imagination is our greatest super-power--and we all have it.
With imagination, you can change your surroundings, be transported to any time or place, and become anything you want.

Once you've imagined though, you need to work the change. 
You need to change your surroundings.
You can transport yourself anywhere.
You need to become what you want.

So never mind, We are our greatest super-powers.
And all we need to do is put ourselves to Work.  

Dear Followers (Guys and Gals ;)

To thank you all for helping me reach my first goal of 25, I will be writing each of you a review on a piece of your own. Let me know in the comments if you would like a specific piece reviewed. I will be starting to review on October first, so they'll be plenty of time if you want to pick a piece.

Thanks again!

xxxxx Quille

Dear Followers (Guys and Gals ;)

Thanks again!

xxxx Quille

Dear Guys (and Gals ;)

Thanks again!

xxxx Quille

Thoughts #BoggartPrompt

Hi. I'm feeling poetic right now, so I turned this prompt into a poem. :D

I'm brave.
I do not fear death.
I do not fear what the future holds.
Or the past's shameful doings.
But in the dark of night...
In the dark of night...
When I alone am awake to face it
When all around is black and silent
Thoughts that shouldn't flitter into my head like bloodthirsty moths to a light
Of wolfish things and goblin men
Of unending torture in deep, gloom-filled caverns
Of decaying bones and moldering flesh
Of the dead's unrest
These I know will never come, but somehow I convince myself they will
My body tenses 
I listen for the sigh of a shapeless demon
A floor board creaks--I jolt
Was it the padded step of fiery walking bones?
My siblings breathe softly still
Do they not know what is coming?
Or does some enchantment hold them fast aslumber?
Time crawls so slow...

Fairytale Limericks #1 The Frog Prince

There was once a lovely princess in the kingdom of Dall
Who once owned a lovely golden ball
She lost it in a deep bog
It was rescued by a bullfrog
Who, when kissed, was a prince and then the king of Dall.

Night Comes

Shadows
Fall now, cast by everything,
Below
The trees, creatures are stirring;

Night comes now! Go home—-Hurry!

Goblins
Now their dens all are leaving,  
Dragons’
Wings all are softly heaving;

Night comes now! Do not be out!

Robbers
Watch quietly along the road,
Laggers
Are killed for their valued load;

Night comes now! Do not be caught!

The sky
Be full of stars lit brightly,
But spy
Them not, move yer feet sprightly!

Night comes now! Return ye home!

Free Bird #songtitlepoem

Dear bird, they say you are very free,
But I know you are bound all about with gravity;
You can fly above the clouds and sail on feathered wing,
But you must obey winds and lie still when storms arise;
Many wish to be free like you,
To ride upon the breezes and sing merry songs for joy,
But would they wish to be free like a bird
When storms awake at night?

Foxmillionaire Prompt #5

#1 What is a book you want to see made into a movie? Are there any changes you would make?

I'm gonna go with Stripedfly1001 on this one and say the Silver Chair, no changes.

#2 If you could pick one fictional character to be your friend who would it be?

Humfrey, a boy from a book that I wrote... You'll probably find out more about him later...

#3 What are some goals you have? Any dream jobs? 

My dream job is that of a writer... :) I want to publish all of my books, poems, and stories. I also want to set a new record for the mile run.   #4 Pick a story that you've written and a character from that story. Now tell us who would be the perfect actor or actress to play them judging by the actor's looks and or voice/personality.

The character would be Humfrey again. The most perfect actor would probably be Jimmy...

Free Bird #songtitlepoem

Dear bird, they say you are very free,
Many wish to be free like you,
When storms awake at night?

Hi!!!

Hi Everybody! I just got back from my sister's wedding--a more-than-six-hour-drive from where we live. So, Hi.
A special apology to Catlover, I really wanted to enter your contest, but wasn't able to.
Congrats to the contest winners!
Guess I better get to work writing some more.

Weather

Waiting on the
Edge of 
A storm.
Thunder crashes.
Hail comes rocketing down.
Everything is dark.
Rain lulls me to sleep.

In This Age

In this age, does anyone still write with paper and ink?
Is the blue lined page with red margins still doodled on as writers think?
Is the ballpoint pen forgotten with dust, like its old cousin the quill?
Or are they used somewhere in this age still?

Open Prompt

Whispers #2

I hear whispers. 
In the trees when the wind blows by;
In the waves waltzing on the sand;
In the rain pattering down;
In the clouds drifting softly above;
In water tumbling over rock;
In the dragonflies that skim past;
In autumn leaves swirling in the wind;
In the morning sunrise, pale with dew;
In the moon haloed with stars;
And the hush of night's soft wings;
I hear whispered stories.

Tips For Novel-Writing

Hi, I've just finished my own first novel and I had a lot of fun writing it. My younger sister is writing a novel too, but she's having some trouble staying with it/writer's block. I figured there are probably other kids having the same trouble, so I thought I would put some tips out there to follow, here are a few:

1. Brainstorm. Sit down with paper and pen and write down as many ideas as you can about your book--they don't have to be about what happens next, they can be about anything related to your book (i.e. the color of a character's hair, a special tree that grows in your world) Sometimes just writing details like this can help.

2. DO NOT REWRITE UNTIL YOU'RE FINISHED WITH THE ENTIRE DRAFT. This is really hard to avoid doing, especially if your storyline starts changing as you write, but don't rewrite until you're done. If you find your storyline headed...

Personal Narrative Competition 2018

A Lesson in Cards

It was a very cold morning in January. There was a thick, crunchy frost outside and water was frozen in the pipes throughout the house, causing us all to skip breakfast.

When I came in from feeding the chickens (who fortunately had water) I found my three younger sisters gathered in the living room, each playing their own game of solitaire—with their own brand new decks of cards. 

The only deck I had was practically falling to pieces.

I asked Mom if I could have a new deck, knowing that there was a drawer full of unopened decks in one of the end tables. She told me that I could have one of the old ones out of the coffee table.

Somewhat disappointed, I began to search among the piles of cards in the coffee table. I couldn’t find a single deck that was useable. I angrily threw the cards back into the box and slammed the lid. Then I...

Personal Narrative Competition 2018

A Lesson in Cards

It was a very cold morning in January. The water in the pipes was frozen throughout the house, causing us all to skip breakfast.

Somewhat disappointed, I began a search among the piles of cards in the coffee table. I couldn’t find a single deck that was useable. I angrily threw the cards back into the box and slammed the lid. Then I huffed down on the couch with my...

Open Prompt

Whispers #2

I hear whispers. 
In the trees when the wind blows by;
In the waves waltzing on the sand;
In the rain pattering down;
In silence at night;
I heard whispered stories.

Personal Narrative Competition 2018

A Lesson in Cards