Screenshot 2019 05 13 17 41 29 1

PureHeart

Young Writer
INFP-T
Hopeless Romantic
Away with the Fairies
Cat Lover
Probably Hufflepuff
Victorian Viking
Day-Dream Believer
Marvel Fan
FOB/P!ATD
Gentle Soul
Disneyphile
Asgardian
Autumn Child
Born For Winter

~ Reality is a lovely place, but I wouldn't want to live there ~

Q&A #PUREHEART

Hey writers of the world!

I've seen a lot of people do these question and answers things, and thought I'd give it a try. 

So, whether you sincerely want to get to know me, or are just bored and want to contribute to someones happiness, questions are much appreciated. You can ask as much questions as possible, I really don't mind. Go crazy! 

And don't be shy. You don't have to ask questions about my writing; it can be about hobbies, fandoms, likes and dislikes, personality. Anything you want. I will try and answer all your questions as soon as possible, but don't be offended if I miss some of your questions out. 

Comment below! Can't wait to here from you guys!

Speechless

April sat at her desk, holding her sandwich up to her lips. The sun beamed through the window, its rays blinding and distracting. Her gaze was on the outside world. Watching her classmates talking with one another on the playground. High school was hard to make friends. Especially if you were a new girl who couldn't speak.

"Are you sure you don't want to hang out with the other girls, honey?"

Miss Aniston suggested, a kind smile on her face. She felt sorry for April, of course she did. April hated people pitying her. She felt helpless, vulnerable, and alone. But the last thing she needed was sympathy. 

Yes, Miss Aniston offered every lunchtime to sit with April, if she had no one else to be with. Being with this teacher was the loneliest feeling in the world, for April. Miss Aniston talked. She talked a lot. April figured she didn't have many friends either. She...

Food Writing Competition 2019

When In Rome

I don't know whether its the fat girl in me or not, but everytime I reminisce about past family holidays, my memories linger on the food I indulged in. 

My Family like to travel to a variety of places, to 'expand our horizons' and appreciate different cultures and experiences. Like when we went to Rome, about 3 years ago. There is so much historical life there; the artefacts, unique buildings, the Colesseum. Thinking back to that holiday makes my heart rejoice! But then, my mind wanders to the first night.

Our arrival in Rome was slow. Our taxi drove past the streets, filled with bustles of people outside pubs and restaurants. Most of the walls were splattered to an inch of its life with graffiti, though it looked more like chaotic art. Light-headed and dizzy, starting to heat up in the back see of the taxi, the only thing on my mind was food. Our stomachs were beginning to digest...

The Stable Boy

So most of the time I spend shovelling hay about the stables. I tend to the horses when their not being used; I feed them, wash them, brush them. They are fascinating warriors; such gentle spirits. They want to be free, galloping in the meadow, the gushing wind racing through their fur. They are independant, steadfast, and yet they love being looked after, cared for. Or maybe I just have a way with them.

Of course, when I'm not shovelling hay and tending to the horses, I shovel their feces. Ha, not so fun, but it needs to be done. And who better to do this job than a stable boy? The stench is evil and reeks of impurities darker than coal. Even when I am out of the stable, the smell still lingers. I try well to not look like I have a permanant grimace on my face, especially when I come face to face with one of my...

0-9

0-9

0 - Lifeless. Barely scratching the surface of what could exist. Limited possibility; limited hope.

1 - Weakness. Struggling to spark uniqueness, yet failing to meet withvexpectations. Simple, boring, alone.

2 - Manipulative. Gets their own way. Like a metal rod being heated, and manipulated, into the shape of a hook. Its dangerous, but helpless now.

3 - Fearless. Running away from problems, over tall mounds, high hills, and never once looking back.

4 - Coordinated. High-maintenance, intense, ready to point the finger at mistakes and inferiorities. 

5 - Independent. Does its own thing, with no regrets, not once turning back.

6 - Youth. Innocence; inexperienced. No insecurities and no mistakes made.

7 - Punctual. Ontime, and very much straight to the point.

8 - Creative. Likes to accessorise, especially with belts, and is determined not to look like the others.

9 - Logical. The only one who notices that this list is totally pointless and makes no sense.

Grey Colour #Sweetlybitter

The sun shone, and the smell of flowers were sweet. Spring never looked so glorious. In every corner, every crack in the stone path, every nook inside a hollow tree, flowers persisted; flowers bloomed. Daffodils, tulips, sunflowers. Magnolias, blossoms, wisterias.

The skirt of my dress dragged through the meadow of colour. My eyes soaked up the scene of beauty; it was hard to take in. Such vivid colours that ignited so much emotion, so much feeling into my soul. 

Blue. Like his perfect eyes. A stunning vibrance. A determined sharpness. When he stole me a glance, my heart fluttered, my breath hitched. How could I not stare? Stare into the wild pools of chaotic bliss, when they were staring right back at me.

My eyes became misty; blinded by tears.

Pink. Like his luscious lips. Reminding me of their softness, their perfect shape. Pulling into a kind grin whenever he made me blush. Oh, and the way they felt on...

Bread and Light

Nourishing

What Nourishes Me?
  • Disney- And 99.9 percent of the Earth's population will agree with me on this. Lets face it, Disney is slowly taking over the world of Media. They've already taken Marvel; what else are they going to take?! They've also, undeniably, taken our hearts. Through song, humour, sadness and optimism, Disney brings out the best in us. Despite dark origins of certain Disney films, the protagonists and sometimes even antagonists are relatable and teach us many things. For this, I am grateful. 
  • My dog- He may not be a puppy anymore, but he is still as cute in my eyes. My fluffy, adorable pup has a very interesting personality. He is a chihuahua, but at first glance, you wouldn't take him to be. This is because he has longer hair than usual, and is also getting chubby! My dog 'nourishes' me because when I have a row with my family or life isn't treating me too well, he...

Some Flowers Are Born Without Petals

Some flowers are born without petals.

Flowers are said
To bloom
With rich intricacy
And grace.
But whom
Would ever think
There would be a flower
With no face.

I hide away,
Nothing to see here.
I hide
So you can't find me.
But its all clear
Now
That my secret
Is free.

For some flowers
Are born
Without petals.
Oh!
How they scorn
At my bare
Broken figure
With no beauty to grow.

Invisible Cities

Ŕıøţ

Th city of Ŕıøţ is not for the faint of heart. A place where destruction prevails, and a place where no adult is allowed. Teenagers roam the streets. They are free; they do what they want.
The clock lying in the clocktower had been dismantled ages ago. Time stands still here now. The teens have no worries of growing up and being thrown out into the real world by the time their 20, because time has the favour of youths. 

That's why its always night time. The darkness covers a multitude of sins and secrets. Perfect; no one here to catch you. No one cares if you have killed anyone, oh no. If you have claimed you have killed someone in Dexter's Pub, they give you a beer on the house. Quite handy if you've got no lose change, or if you've been mugged in the way.

Everyone is entitled to a house, free of charge, because, hey, where are...

Pain

Dear Pain,

I believe I am not worth such torment. Try and pick on someone who can take it. I tolerate you like Mothers tolerate their boisterous children. You pester me with lies and doubts. Am I really not good enough? Why do my family still love me, then? My friends haven't left me.

Yet.

There was that voice again. It was Pain. Lingering in my mind. I fought on, my hands shaking as I wrote.

Perhaps you just wish to be an inconvenience. A doubt that curls and strangles every nerve and every cell of my being. It will not do, and yet I carry on with you inside me. I have made a success of myself, even though you are still sneering and mocking from my shoulder. You can't win. You know it. I have all I need and you can't take any of that away from me!

You don't have a lover though.

I paused. The corners...

Imperfections

love your imperfections.

Perfect imperfections.

I love your natural obligation to behave boisterously, with that impish smirk stretched across your face; oh, you break my heart. I love your headstrong attitude, and your constant need to puff up your pride. 

Because, I know that your wrong, and your pride is just another mere excuse to impress me. Well, I'm not impressed yet!

Though I do love the way you keep your feelings to yourself, and pretend you don't care. It is an unhealthy habit, but I love it because you can't fool me. For everyone has the same feelings inside them. The only difference there seems to be is that of expressing such feelings. I love this because I know I am the only one you are comfortable enough to talk to about these feelings. Well, once I've pushed enough buttons, of course.

It is not a burden, but a priviledge! To be the only one you can...

Arabian Nights

The eastern wind whisked up the dust, the small specks of sand howling past empty streets. Golden in colour was the sand that visited every tramp and streetrat laying on the street, who would gaze upon the fine mass of sand, only wishing it was gold. 

Day turns to night. The market salesmen starts to pack up, the colour of the streets fading away. Each cloth, scarf, wrap, vibrant with colours of pink, purple, red, and weaved with the finest of fake gold lace, beguiling the untrained eyes with glitz. Each clothing for the prettiest of girls bejewled with cheap sequins which only shine during the daylight. Now that it was night, the glamour had gone, the colours dimmed, and there was not a sparkle left in sight.

The ghost of the moon's silhouette barely touching the sky, with indigo clouds licking at its sides. All was quiet.

Apart from the magic carpet!

Like heaven's embroidered cloth, intwined with golden...

Poetry and Spoken Word Competition 2019

Introvert

All I want is understanding.

I do hate parties.
A place where I am
Expected to make small talk
To people who are not
Respected. No,
Not at all. 
They squawk like fools
About their day,
Though I hadn't even asked,
With nothing else
Left to say, nothing else
To show for 
Themseleves.

Strangers like these,
They disinterest me.
I try well to please
With the fake smile
Stretched on my face.
I do beguile these ones;
I hope I do.
My voice laced with cold
Civility,
Holding my scold
With no choice.
My need to leave just
Grew.

The last thing I want
To be
Is boring.
With such vast ideas
Swarming in my brain,
It stings when I
Can't express them.
When I try to,
I leave people snoring.
Never once have I made
A good first
Impression.

Me, I have feelings too:
Embroidered like
A fine women's gown.
Just because
My face 
Holds little emotion,
Does not...

#ListenFirst

Mute

I wish I was mute.

Then, I could refrain from my wild, obstinate, unruly speech! Speaking at the wrong time, and standing up for what I believe in certainly takes its toll. I am passionate. I wouldn't say I am headstrong, but I do believe when there is a moral duty, something needs to be said. I am not always right. Sometimes just staying quiet is more respected than speaking up.

Or am I mistaken? Standing out and being different is a good thing. So if everyone was silent, would you not speak up in the defense of righteousness? Of course, the displeasure of getting shut down by someone runs cold. Everyone should have a say, but not everyone has the ears to listen to others.

I prefer listening to speaking. Especially is I am fascinated by someone. Captivated by their expressions, their manner of speaking, the rhythm of their moving lips. They don't have to be eloquent; even socially...

Self-Respect

Self Worth

1. Have the everlasting determinatio to help others. Even through struggles of your own, trying to put yourself out for other people can make you feel happy about yourself, and you develop a new satisfaction for life. 
  2. Open-mindedness is key. Do be narrow-minded! In other words, don't be in your own little bubble when it comes to views, beliefs and general differences. Embrace differences in others and tolerate the variety of views that perhaps contradict your own. You might learn something new!
  3. Control your personailty. Personalities are different for all people, and thats great! There's such a diversity in peoples manners and behaviour. But some personality traits don't get on well with others. If you yourself have noticed this, you should reel in and control some traits and personality habits you may have picked up, so that you do not offend others. Then, at least you can say you have tried.

Bookshelf

Good Reads

The Declaration
by Gemma Malley.

Genre: A dystopian fiction, set in the year of 2140.
Synopsis: The protagonist, Anna, should not be here. She is a Surplus. Living in Grange Hall, where all Surplus' are battered with rules. These rules have to be obeyed in order to make up for breaking the biggest rule of all: being born. Things start to change in Grange Hall. A boy, Peter, disrupts the submissive behaviour expected from Surplus children. Starting tell Anna shocking things from the outside world, Anna learns to question rules. But will she learn to break them?
My opinion: Normally, I very much dislike futuristic books, and like to stick with historical fictions. But this book as completely changed my perspective, so much that I have also read the sequel. Once I had finished this book, there was this strange, overwhelming feeling of satisfaction. Perhaps, I felt connected with the book? If you are curious for more, this book is...

#Feathers Contest Results!

~time has come ~ 

Ready for the #Feathers results? Good! All of you guys did very well and I love your enthusiasm to write. I decided not to do honourable mentions this time because I really wanted to narrow down the winners.

Here are my winners:

1st Place: 
The Bubbling Pen 
with ' Camaraderie 
I absolutely love it! I really wasn't expecting anyone to come up with such a unique idea! You have some really great ideas, and the fact you linked to trench warfare made it so interesting. I love history, but it is very rare for a historical story to be both historically accurate, but also captivating in its context. You did just both. I had tears in my eyes toward the end. Your description from start to finish was perfect; not overloaded, but a justified amount, keeping it interesting throughout. Well done! A well deserved win!
 (you can find the piece here: https://writetheworld.com/groups/1/shared/107831/version/205376 )

2nd Place: 
Opal Drop ...

Love is Blind

three steps away from perfection.

Feeling your cold hands covering my eyes
Still; guarding me from

A special surprise.

One step.

Giggling with ease, you guide my footfall
Still; getting closer,
I am enthralled.

Two steps.

Glowing red as my cheeks burn bright, aching
Still; you have my trust,
And undying love.

Three steps.

Perfection.

Strength

Courage us not the absense of fear,

And fear is not the meaning of weakness.

Contest Time! #Feathers

Hi everybody!

Are you ready for another contest? Me too! So excited! Since the last contest went down quite well, I feel like its time for another!

Prompt: So the prompt is 'Feathers.' I know its really random, but this is a chance to show off what ideas you've got! You can use 'feathers' as a prompt, suggest it once in your piece, or base your piece around it. To enter this competition officailly, the title of the piece must contain your title and #Feathers, so I can identify it as being part of my competition.

Word Limit: 500 words or less. I'm rasiing the word count a little bit, because last time I could tell people had amazjng ideas and would've beneifitted from expanding those ideas. 

Type: Creative writing. You can also do Poetry.

Genre: Any genre: fantasy, historical, action, romance, and so on. Just steer away from non-fiction, please! 

Due date: 27th March, would be nice. So don't worry,...

Too Late

I think, the day mankind solves their problems,
      would be the day the earth implodes.

Phenomenal Woman

Woman, So Great

She's the type of woman you see in fairytales.

A wreath of beauty she wears on her head;
Twigs and leaves intwined with gold.
Her face, full of youth, and her lips ruby red,
And hands, for her lover, ready to hold.

She's the type of woman you see in superhero films.

Sweating profusely and gritting her teeth,
She goes about her daily missions.
Make up - no disguise - for what is underneath;
She's a fighter, she's a hero, with many ambitions.

She's the type of woman you see in my house.

Cooking, cleaning, she endures it all,
She really doesn't compare with any other.
Her duties and deeds, however small,
Are great to me, for she is my Mother.

Love in Words

Dear Future Husband

Dear Future Hsuband,

I can't wait to marry you. I know, for sure, you'll be the one for me. I can already see the sparks flying as we gaze into each others arms, and goosebumps tickling with every touch of our hands. You don't need to wait for Valentine's Day to tell me you love me. Surprise me; do it now! I know you'll be the romantic type, even without me having to ask. You'll be buying my flowers on my worst days, and kissing me to make the pain go away. I'd I'll keep trying to make you feel the same way you make me feel. I hope you'll feel the same way about me. I dearly do. 

I love you
 xxx

Book Review Competition 2019

Pride and Prejudice

Jane Austen, although having died over two hundred years ago, has inspired people to write about her, reimagine her novels, and have marvelled at her works.

Jane was born in Stevenson, England, in 1775. Born into an affectionate family of eight, with six brothers and one sister, she favoured her only sister, Cassandra, whom she became very attatched to and viewed her as her closest companion. For two years, Jane went to boarding school to master needlework, dancing, French, drawing, and spelling, all training to produce marriageable and agreeable young women. This social atmosphere and feminine identity Jane did not like, and therefore skillfully ridiculed in her many works of fiction.

In Jane's novels, she tackles the social injustices of her time: sexual discrimination, financial struggles, lower and upper classes. These themes makes her writing a marvel, and all the more interesting to read. The focus on human beings - how they interact, behave, what relationships they develop - really brings to...

Insecurity

Lathering on makeup,
Like I'm expected to do.
Pressures of society;
Yet no one has a clue.

Insecurity

How do I look?
Would I impress him?
Does he like my eyes,
Or the colour of my skin?

Insecurity

I've gone quite fat,
Shall I cancel my date?
All because
I've gained weight?

Insecurity

Beauty Is Skin Deep

Beauty is skin deep.

Deeper than the cuts;
The bruises
Laying upon 
My freckled, beaten
Skin.
When one abuses
Another;
It is a sin.
It is a sin.

Beauty is skin deep.

Deeper than the waters
Of the sea,
Where mermaids roam.
And she
Beneath the blue foam
She lies
Wandering who flies
Above the surface.
Above the surface.

Beauty is skin deep.

Deeper than your voice,
The croak of your laugh.
You rejoice over
Little things.
The things you spoke
Once before
Still brings me delight;
It is you I adore.
It is you I adore.

Extraordinary in the Ordinary

Winter Jumper

Heaven's entwined wool.
As smooth as a caress,
Like a kiss in the night.
Yet as white as my wedding dress.
And as soft as the angel's bless'.
The sleeves of the fabric I pull
To keep warm,
As the snow tumbles; a mess.
A blissful sight.

Living People

Meeting Alex

Good greetings! I'm Alexandra (Just call me Alex), and I heard you have a few questions for me, which I am glad to answer!

What is something that no one knows about you?
Oh, wow. Going straight to the personal questions, are we? Fine, fine.  I am a self-published writer, but I'm not famous, for I write under a pseudonym! My brother doesn't know, so don't tell him! He's famous, you see. Very famous. If finds out who I am and announces it to the whole world, people will be buying my books because I'm his sister, rather than because they actually want to buy ithe! Besides, fame isn't something I crave. Privacy and security, on the other hand, is something I hold dear. Sonplease tell me there is no more personal questions..

What is your favourite time of day?
Anytime I'm out of my house. Well, call it a house, its more of a ... skyscraper....

I Want Everyone to Read This

I want everyone to read this.

We are teenagers. The complications of our lives overlap every moment, and every feeling. Sometimes its too much; its too much to handle, too much to take. But if you do feel down, and I mean, really down, don't do anything stupid.

Don't hurt yourself. Don't kill yourself. Don't beat yourself up about anything.

And, please, don't contain any of your emotions, no matter how intense or petty they are. The worse thing you can do is keep all this to yourself.

I'm sorry I'm not the most inspirational person, but I want to help you. 

Just keep in mind that you are not the only one in the world that is feeling like this. So don't go thinking that no one understands, because others feel as helpless as you do.

As teenagers, we are united. We are all going through the emtional flurries, the puberty issue, the hormone fiascos. But we are still...

Writing Resolutions

Goals

1. I am determined, that this year, I will be able to be inspired. I would pick up a notepad and pencil, and write something worthwhile, something that can inspire other people. I want to manipulate peoples feelings when I write; I want to readers to feel sad, happy, angry, hopeful, when they read my writing. I want to be inspired, so I can inspire others. I want that domino effect.
  2. I am determined that next year I won't need a resolution, because I should maintain this years resolution for however long. Following my own path; make goals along the way, don't wait for the New Year to come and go!

#Fire CONTEST RESULTS!

~ the time has come ~

This is the hardest thing I've ever had to decide on. I'm not even exaggerating. All of you did amazing! There were so many pieces of writing and I know it took a LOOONGG time but I'm just so glad I've got this all sorted. It was almost impossible to decide the winner, but I hope you guys agree with my decisions!

1st Place:
loveletterstosappho
with ' carbon monoxide. '
This was just such an intense and interesting entry to read! I just absolutely love this piece! The way you expanded on you vocabulary, it made your description so full of depth. The depth you conveyed into this piece made it captivating to read. Such an interesting approach to the contest, and I love the useage of carbon monoxide, making an automatic link to fire. I highly recommend reading this piece!
 (you can find the piece in this link: https://writetheworld.com/groups/1/shared/98942/version/188061 )

2nd Place:
fatpanda
with ...

Strike

Tests

We are at the most complicated stage of our lives. We are teenagers! There are so many problems and struggles that we go through. Is it reasonable to expect us to block all our problems out to do a bunch of tests? Is it reasonable to expect us to focus all our energy into something we aren-t even motivated enough to do?

#Fire Contest! ANNOUNCEMENT #1

For all those who entred my contest....

Thank you for all your entries! All of you have done amazing work so far. I'm almost half way through checking through all of them, deciding the best ones. 

Sorry its taking sooooooo long to announce the winners. But bare with me. I have a somewhat busy life, so I'm trying to fit this contest around that.

I hope to announce the winners and runner ups in the next week or so.

Until then, have fun and stay sweet!

Pureheart 
xxx

Tiny Love Story

Growing Old

I know I will spend the rest of my life with him.

The thoughts echoed in my mind. He was the type of guy who, after your hard day at work, would already have made dinner for you.

And he would make a fool of himself just to make you smile, yes, just to make you laugh.

And he would sit down and watch Up with you, and through all the heart ache and pain, would let you cry into his cosy hoodie.

Yes,
He would be the one to grow old with!

But sometimes things don't go to plan.

Contest Time! #Fire

Hi everybody!

I'm doing my first contest! So excited! I've seen contest come and go and thought: 'Do I dare?' Well, now I do! 

Prompt: So the prompt is 'Fire.' Yes, fire. Anything remotely related to fire, or you can suggest fire itself. Whatever your title is called, please put #fire after it so I can identify it as being part of my competition.

Word Limit: 350 words or less, please.

Genre: Any genre: sci-fi, fantasy, historical, action, romance, and so on. Just steer away from non-fiction, please! 

Due date: 13th January, would be nice. I have a feeling I'm going to be very busy judging all the contestants! Can't wait!

Announcement date: I will announce the winners 1-2 weeks after the due date, probably. 

Prizes:
First place:

A follow if I'm not already following you.
3 reviews on pieces of your choice.
5 likes on pieces of your choice.

Second place:  ...

My Screams #myfirstcontest

Screaming loudly, though no one hears...

2019

A Promising Year

Another ghastly year gone by...

But 2019, hmm...
There's something promising about 2019. Even though I'm not there yet, I know that next year is going to change my life.

The perfect year for me:
A bucket of cuddles,
A overload of snow,
A mixing of mingling,
A dusting of old connections,
A pinch of new beginnings.
6 doses of unreachable goals,
4 mountain top of teenage dreams,
A splash of purple rain,
A sliver of insecurity.
A liberal dash of taking risks.
And a smile.

State of Awe

Spark

Spark!

Ahh, that satisfying crackle of heat. Holding sparklers at the dead of night; there's nothing like it. I remember vividly the first time I held one. I remember the glow as the sparks flew, like chunks of fairy dust spurting from the tip. The burnt end of the stick seemed nonexistant in the darkness, and only the bright light could be seen. It was mesmerising. Its all I could focus on. I remember the awe I felt, then and there. Just another piece of magic I stole from the world. I felt like I held in my hand a wand.

And I felt I possessed the magic myself

A Pair of Poems

Love, Hate

Love
Misty vision 
And a wistful thought.
Butterfly bellies,
'Love fever' being caught.
Feeling light-headed,
With red hot flushes,
A smile on my lips
And cheeks full of blushes.

Hate
Blurry vision
And a vengeful mind.
Dangerousninfection,
And they say 'love is blind.'
Head-pounding pain,
With tears running down.
A gnash at the teeth
And a fretful frown.

The Vistas Beyond

From My Window...

Overlooking the school I once went to, with the outstretched field aching to reach to my doorstep, the flourishing bushes containing the green wildness. Springs comes with tumbles of daisies, then Summer, with sun-kissed grass glowing and dancing in the breeze, and then Autumn, the leaves blowing from avross the field, and then Winter, the crackled frost consuming each edge. All is well with the changes, and the variety I am content with; yes, all is well.

Bad Thoughts Go On

I hate to feel
         My own desperation.
          With my state
           Of mind
            That reels
             With fatigue.
              A constant
               Reminder

Of the surreal
                  Torment.

Mixtape

Through Teenage Emotions, We Find Music

Paradise - Coldplay

" When she was just a girl she expected the world.
       But it flew away from her reach so she ran away in her sleep... "

The Nights - Avicii

" My Father told me when I was just a child
       These are the nights that never die. "

I Dreamed A Dream (Les Misérables) - Anne Hathaway

" I dreamed that love would never die. 
        I dreamed that God would be forgiving. "

Hey Jude - The Beatles

" Take a sad song
        And make it better. "

Fireflies - Owl City

" I'd like to make myself believe that planet earth turns
        Slowly. "

Sweater Weather - The Neighbourhood
 ...

Patience

Time. It does not stop,
   If you are still listening
     To the ticks and the tocks 
        Of the clock. 

Patience

Time. It does not stop,
   If you sre still listening
     To the ticks and the tocks 
        Of the clock. 

When Everything Falls Apart

If all else fails.
    If the sky falls apart
      And if the world collides with the moon.
         If all else fails

I still have you.

Be Sweet

Well, when life gives you lemons

Try your very best not to turn sour.

Ode to Wonder

Oh, wonder!

Wistful endless dreams that wander,
      Like streams,
      Lucid in form; tangible.
      Yet deliciously surreal.

Makes me feel warm.
      Fuzzy,
      Something that can't conceal

Itself from me.

Trance-like ramblings,
     Curiosity that kills.
     And the spills of reality
     And life's give and take nature;
    Gambling.

Manipulating my intrigue,
    I want to fly, I want to soar!

But at my mind it gnaws.

Oh, wonder!  

Your Love

Words may tear me down,

May rip my mind to shreads.

But in your love I drown;

You rid off all my dreads.

Courage

bravery is not the absence of fear,

and courage is not having the mindset of a hero.

Hatred

Hatred;
     the one thing humankind stands for.

There is no hope. 

There is no hope.

Fire

sitting in silence
    she collected a sigh,
     of contentment
     as she set fire
      to the sky.

The Truth Comes Out

Everyone has secrets.

In this world, secrets need to be keeped locked up, safe and sound. Each person, whether society knows it or not, has a black box, encased with neon engravings. A magic box. Giving this box your secrets is like trusting it with your life. All you have to do is say

Open

and it does as you command. Its voice activated, of course. Most things are, nowadays.

Everyone whispers to it. Even people living by themselves; the disstrust in this world overpowering. Who knows who might be listening? Eavesdropping, pressing their ear up against the rough door frame? 

After you've whispered your secrets, in an undertone, the box conceals them, hiding them away, locking them in automatically. I always thought that magic and technology didn't mix. Apparently, its quite handy, really. They say, now, the truth never comes out.

Only wish that were true.

Lipstick

Prom night!

I've been waiting for this moment since I was little. Now look at me. My hair done up in a french twist, with a pristine dress hanging from my frame, and shiny high heels on my toes. I was just aching to dance. All that was left, was a touch of red lipstick.

This lipstick my Mother had given me. She wore it on her prom night, and only on a prom night. It was a priviledge to wear it. Generations after me would realise how precious this was, like a relic in a museum, prized like a trophy.

Grabbing the lipstick from my purse, and twisting the end of it, I walked towards the mirror. 

Raising the luscious reddness to my lips, I gazed up.

The lipstick slipped through my fingers.

I stared, not at the lipstick stain on the floor, but at the mirror before me. Nothing stared back. My reflection; nonexistent. 

Holding my gaze on...

Library Magic

Book Shelf

Perhaps I was overwhelmed with choice. But between you, me, and the bookshelf, I felt like I hadn't a care in the world.

I remember all to well. Seven year old me, on my little wooden stool, gazing up at the great sight. Rows and rows of bookshelves and cabinets, layered with books. The old oak wood frames of the shelves maintained their fortitiude. They still, do, to this day. I remember being confused, yet somewhat blissfully unaware anything else that went on. My Mother's shouts to come to dinner was a mere flurring of words. My brother's irritating voice to play video games with him. Even the dog, whom barked at all who walked past our house, was a faded voice pushed to the back of my head.

I remember reaching for my first book. It was an exhausting experience, come to think of it. Stacking stool after stool, I had evetually made a tower for myself, in which...

Once the World Was...

Her Dream

There was a time,
  When the world
    Was a mere dream.
Dreamt by a girl,
 The girl was mine.
  But she pulled
   At the seam.

Her memories climb,
    To this day,
     As her dream,
      Was passed away.
       And is on the decline.
There was a time,
 When people
  Remembered.

That was a long time ago.

She dreamt of snow.
    It droned on,
    All through nighttime.
     There her dreams
      People came to know.
It was a simpler time.
 Until it all went wrong.

Sometimes she flew,
     With me, at her side,
       Of course,
        Though no one knew.
She was my bride
 My love at one point.
  But her love for me 
   Went askew,
    Leaving my...

Novel Writing Competition 2018

Downpour

Shifting between wake and slumber, I shiver beneath the sheets. My arm stretches out instinctively, for any warmth that might be there; for any warmth I thought was there. For a while, my fingers groped the air beside my lying figure, only to find nothing. Forcing myself to wake fully, I shook my head, knowing I would be faced with the disappointment of reality. And I was correct.

My eyes opened. I felt the hopefulness of my wishful thinking coming to an end. Something that could have been there was not. I knew that, I told myself. Those words sounded all the same in my head. Everyday I would wake up only to have my hope shattered. I just need to get through that routine quick and easy, I reminded myself. That never seemed to happen.

A prolonged sigh passed my lips. Desperation filled my lungs as I held my tongue, controlling my urge to...

Everyday Magic

Magic

Running to the school, getting away from a busy day, I scurried in between crowds of people. Feeling my chest rise and fall, I sprinted faster. I slowed down to contemplate how stupid I looked at the people across the street: a middle-aged woman in a blouse and tight skirt, along with high heels, sprintung for her life as if being chased by an angry mob. Unfortunately, I didn't have time to laugh at my ridiculousness. I was so busy at work today, I lost track of time. I had to get to the school.

Nearing the gate, most parents had already left with their kids. Hopefully my kids would forgive me for being so late. And there they were, sitting on the coloured bench, with their teacher close by. I haulted at the gate. I watched them in silence. They were giggling, their cheeks aching with wild smiles, their lungs begging for air. With their hands clasped together in...

In the House

Dogs and Fireworks

This time of year is the worst for me.

What is that sound? Why does it have to occur?

Something's out there. Is it trying to scare me?

Is it a cat? A monster? 

It goes boom, a loud roar of a sound. Sometimes it howls, sometimes it whistles. It tries everything it can to intimidate me. And it doesn't have to try hard. I'm very skittish, very alert. But its hard to be alert when your hearing becomes briefly impaired.

I try not to cry infront of my family. But I think they know I'm affected. Everytime they feed me treats, I am too scared to eat. They all try to gather me up in their arms. Sometimes I feel smothered, suffocated, like I can't move.

But once they let me relax, shift to find a comfortable position, I feel their comfort seeping through the blanket they wrapped around me. Its nice. It feels nicer than usual. Perhaps...

Turned to Stone

Ignorance

Every shot in the dark made my heart pounce. The night sky was encapsulayed by fire. Each star perished by each spark. Each ripple in the air a shock to all systems. All oohs and aahs distracted reality. I could see their ignorance grow, multiply like a virus, waiting to infect. And with each spread of yellows and blues on the distorted canvas above, the world spiralled out of place, leaving nothing but a flicker of what was there. They still don't know that their world has changed.

My Favourite Things

Raindrops on cobwebs and unlucky black cats,
Bright orange pumpkins and pointy witch hats.
Corpse brides arrives with their wedding rings,
These are a few of my favourite things.

Skeletons marching from out of the shadows,
Scarecrows come stumbling straight from the meadows.
Princes and Princesses, Queens and the Kings,
These are a few of my favourite things.

Scared little children go into the streets,
Going to door; 'Would you like Tricks or Treats?'
Darkness is sparkled on their angel wings,
These are a few of my favourite things.

When the wold howls,
When the wind brings
All the eerie sights.
I simply think of my favourite things,
They fill me with pure delight.

The Subway

I get shoved and pushed by people on the stairs. Probably rush hour, I thought, or they just don't like me. 
Fiddling with my card, I stumbled over to swipe my card, in order to get trhough the barrier. I tried, tried and tried again, getting both agitated and restless. In the end it took all my money. Was I too slow? Too fast? Embarrassed, I bought another ticket, and through I was. 8th time's a charm.

Jogging down the stairs, apologizing if I pushed or elbowed someone, I made it to the subway. I leaped on.

Inhaling, I looked around. Hoards of people got on at the same time as me. I felt like I was in a confind space. It was hot and sticky in there. 

Not enough air to breath, I thought, then exhaled.

Looking around at the people, their faces solemn, looking down at device, books, or their hands. Eyes looking weary, tired from a...

9/11 Memorial

My hands touch one of the many plaques that surrounded the flow of water.

Some names were engraved, some silver. I run my fingers to them all, and felt the sadness their loved ones did. Roses, fresh roses, placed gently, carefully, through their darling's names. It brought a certain brightness to the black marble background it stood on, but it brought no hope.

A tender, soft cascade of water; around the memorial it went. And down it goes, joining the other souls of water at the bottom, and be at one with each other. The whole in the middle of it all; it'll never be enough. A never ending waterfall, with every molecule perishing nd then starting anew. If onky that were reality.

Tears spilled over mourning faces. They dripped down mine too. Placing my hand delicately on a particular name, I stared up at the sky, just above the waterfall. 

And I dreamt of something that could've been here...

Lady Liberty

She is a petite, small figure compared to others. And yet she outshines them all coninuously. 

Her face is strong, almost grave, as she has the weighty responsibility of welcoming everyone in. Aroused with curiosity, the people smile and cheer at the site of her. If only she could smile back. Her silent lips breath out the battle cry of truth, of righteousness. She holds her head up, steadfast, bracing for another day.

Her detailed garnments flowed down her body, adding to her elegance and grace. Each fold of her dress a green cascade, falling down, down, down to her feet. The rusty green enveloping her body; bold, brash and bright. Anyone one can see her, whether near or far. The shackles on her feet, broken, as she brakes free from tyranny, and moving on from oppression.

In one hand, she held the lantern, her atheletic arms sturdy and upright. This torch lit the way to the path of freedom....

Why I Write

Words

I write to understand myself.
I write because its the only way I know how to express myself.

My emotions and feelings, all locked up in the chambers of my heart. My creativity gone. I am deprived of imagination. I cannot see the things unseen, because all of it is locked up in my heart. With yellow police tape wrapped around it, Victorian locks sealed, and prisons chains twist it. My brain swallowed the key, the key to my hope, and there is no escape; I cannot break the bonds of distorted inspiration. 

But something seeped through.

It ran down through my right hand. My hand shook with urgency, scurrying for a pen, and began to write on any surface it could. The whispers sparked of its movements. Fingers fiddled, unsure of what it was writing. I looked down at the messy squiggles. Such eloquent nonsense! I smiled. I smiled because I understood. Words weaved upon words, I joined the...

Your World in Three Senses

Holding Her

I held her tight.

She cuddled into my chest, her arms wrapped around me. My fingers were tangled in her hair. It was soft, fluffy, like a kittens tail. Each hair I twisted from in and out of my fingers, before forming a fist, clenching the softness in my hand. Feeling her warm breath fanning my neck, I rested my chin gently upon her head.

Sinking down slightly, my nose touching her hair, I exhaled. Beautiful. Her hair smelt of fresh summer strawberries, picked by the moisturised hands of gardeners. And cream. She smelt of cream. Luscious folds of dairy upon dairy, sweetened to an inch of its life. And meringue. She smelfmof meringue. The crunchiest, sugariest sweet treats, that crumbles and softens in the middle. She smelt delicious; a gorgeous mass of eton mess.

I heard her breath. 
Inhaling.
Exhaling.
She shuffled slightly, the sound of our clothes colliding together. The scrunching sound of my leather jacket against her...

Sounds Assail Me

Laughter

A small little giggle from a childs lips.
The boisterous sniggers of teenage boys.
The silent ah-has and tee-hees in the cinema.
Titters of birds as they escape the cats claws.
The howls and howls of menacing hyenas.
Drunkards roaring as they trip over their feet.
Cackles of witches on a Halloween night.

Laughter in many ways, 
In many forms,
In many shapes.

Mona Lisa

Oh, my Mona Lisa.
I admire your will to carry on,
The firmness in your eyes
Makes you seem so strong.
But I see passed
Your reluctant glare.
Your weakness rings truth
Deep within your stare.

Your smile holds small,
Endearing tenderness.
Your beauty and your grace
Is effortless.
But there is a somewhat
Reluctance in your smile.
Are you going through
A tribulation or trial?

Oh, my Mona Lisa.
Your face does beguile.
But after a while 
Your smile is in
Denial.

Mirrors

I fumbled with the hair grip as I stared at my reflexion, putting the finishing touches on my hair. Sighing at my reflection, somewhat dissatisfied, I frowned at myself.

"Why are you frowning?"

A playful voice asked, making me jump out of my skin. I turned aeound to see who it was. No one there.

I turned back around at my reflection. Perhaps I was hearing voices. 

"You might want to put some makeup on. You want to try and look attractive for tonight, right?" 

The voice again. My eyes turned wide as I leapt back. My surprised expession was not reflected back at me. My mirror self raised an eyebrow at me, as if trying to express her disapproval, and tutted. 

"You might want to wear something more form fitting too. Its your big night, after all!"

First sign of madness, I recapped, knowing very well that my reflection was not supposed to talk to me. 

"You alright,...

The Closed Door

Why is this door closed?

My hands shoot to my pockets as I fumble around for the keys. Key after key after key had failed. My hands wobbled as each key went into the hole. Turning it, with no success of opening it, I asked why? Why wasn't the door opening? I pressed my lips together and tried again, with the false hope of succeeding. No good.

I heaved a long, heavy sigh. It came deep from within my throat, and swiftly pass my lips. And ever so slowly, ever so gently, the door decided to creak open. Perplexed, my hand slowly reached for the door, pushing it thoroughly open.

And then I saw what was behind the door..,

Eye Contact

He stared at me. A picture of loveliness and deceit. With his hair in slight dissarry, a brown fringe slightly covered his vision. Ripped jeans, untucked shirt, tight trainers. His gait was smooth, confident, and a slight swagger had hit it, adding to the carelessness of his appearance. A playful sparkle in his eyes told me he was trouble. His hands shoved deep within his pockets, and a whistle on his lips distorted by his chewing gum, he looked inattentive and reckless.

She stared at me. A picture of loveliness and truth. With her hair in a neat, fromal bun, and hair-sprayed to an inch of its life, so no curl of hair could bounce out of place. Plain skirt, silk blouse, flat pair of black shoes. Her gait was rigid, as if she was marching somewhere, or on a mission. Her eyes, observent and studious, shot around to take in the world. Her hands, to her side in a...

A Window To Nature

The suns rays reflect inside of me, as the sheer illusion of a rainbow spirts out. The warmth of its brightness I absorb as the sun smiles on, its positivity outshining everything.

Pitter-patter of rainfall gives me chills. Every droplet comes to me like I'm a magnet, which I am not. They fall from the sky, and fly, coming down, down, down. Until they hit me, sometimes purposefully, to irritate and test my tolerance. I shall not retaliate.

The autumn leaves blow in the shattering wind. It leaves me on edge. Leaves me off my hinges. Unnerving weather. I feel, a constant, eerie feeling, as if I was about to fall. And I would rather fall than be on the urge of falling. My poor nerves cannot take it.

When the frost spreads over me, I cannot see. My vision is blurry, all I see is patterns. Patterns and swirls that sparkle my frame. Is the chill of the snow...

Dancing

The feet slide and tap to the beat. Head nodding and hips swaying, the movement begins. Its intense, its immense, and its oh so brilliant. Faces beaming at one another as they clap to the beat. The girl was not in sync but did not care. She was free. She was there.

With a hand reaching for her waist, one at her hand, the boy glided with her, joining her in the clumsy bliss of dancing. Was it the fizzy music or the look in their eyes that made their hearts sing? No one was sure. But no one needed to be. They were free. They were there.

You Don't Know Me

Hi, you don't know me.
I'm the voice in the corner that can't be heard,
And I bet you can't hear a single word
As your hearing becomes fizzy and your words become slurred.

Hi, you don't know me.
I'm the one that tries to talk to you.
I'm the one that wants to be noticed by you.
But if one were to mention my name, well,
You would ask 'who?'

You don't know me.
Ignorance doesn't suit everyone. 
And when your done having your bit of fun
I won't be there to say 'hi.'

They you know that I'm shy
But I'd rather die
Than try to be 
Acknowledged by you.

Because, darling, you don't know me.

Quotes From Famous People

"Imperfection is beauty. Madness is genius. And its better to be absolutely ridiculous than absolutely boring."
~ Marilyn Monroe

"Within us is the capacity of being anyone or anything."
~ Tom Hiddleston

"When you have a bad day, a really bad day, try and treat the world better than it treated you."
~ Patrick Stump

"Be thankful for the hard times, for they have made you."
~ Leonardo Dicaprio

"People said 'You must be mad, or on drugs,' which I found a bit disappointing. What about imagination? It reflects our time that people sooner assume you're on drugs or mad, rather than free."
~ Noel Fielding

"If you have good thoughts they will shine out of your face like sunbeams and you will always look lovely."
~ Roald Dahl

"The person, be it gentleman or lady, who has not pleasure in a good novel, must be intolerably stupid."
~ Jane Austen

"The only thing that you absolutely have to...

Quotes From Fictional Characters

"She is tolerable, I suppose, but not handsome enough to tempt me."
~ Mr Darcy

"Faith is my sword. Truth my sheild. Knowledge my armor."
~ Dr Stephen Strange

"I looked at him and saw myself."
~ Hiccup Haddock

"Did my heart love till now? Forswear it, sight! For I never saw true beauty till this night."
~ Romeo Mantague

"Think of all the joy you'll find, when you leave the world behind and bid your cares goodbye. You can fly."
~ Peter Pan

"There is a stubborness about me that never can bear to be frightened at the will of others. My courage always rises at every attemot to intimidate me."
~ Elizabeth Bennet

"Invention, my dear friends, is 93% perspiration, 6% electricity, 4% evaporation and 2% butterscotch ripple."
~Willy Wonka

"Just because someone stumbles and loses theur way, doesn't mean they're lost forever."
~ Professor Xavier 

"The thing about perfection is that its unknowable. Its impossible, but its...

Romantic?

What is it with this stereotype that men cannot think or be perfectly romantic in their own right? Even without the encouragment of a women, a man can most definitely feel the intense affection of love without looking at a woman in a sexual way. 

Of course, in a perfect world, all men would be like that, and look beyond someones looks and appearances. But belive it or not, in this world there are a few men that are just truly wonderful, and have the best interests at heart.

Don't wait for that wonderful man to show up. Search for him. With both of you seatching, its easier to find each other. And so the bond begins.

People are attracted to different personalities, and we all think differently about that 'perfect guy.' 

But if that guy can spark a flame in you, light a fire in your emotions, and feel the same way as you do, you are the luckiest...

Five Endings

Five Endings

Short Declarative Statement
She hated what was worth to her the most.

Emotion
She sat, crying into my chest, desperate for comfort. And, gosh, it made me so angry to see her in this state.

Piece of Advice
Men have bitter souls; don't fall for them too quickly.

Description
On my rocking chair, my hands flicked through the photographs, with the occasional weak smiles and teary eyes. And coming across the same photo, in the same place, I wondered, and wished for something that could have been.

A line of Dialogue
"I never stood a chance with him in the first place." I whispered. "And now, now he's gone. "

Five Endings

Five Endings

Shot Declarative Statement

Emotion

Piece of Advice

Description

A line of Dialogue

Food of the World

France
Buttery folds of soft pastry, encasing the warm chocolate, oozing out to nourish the senses. 
Brie, camembert, roule; pungent, powerful, poignant! The rich scent of cheese never ceases to amaze those who choose to indulge in French delights. The sweet crunch if the macarons; lighter than an angels wing, and heavier than a fallen feather.

Italy
Crisp, warm golden pizza dough, with a somewhat charcole bottom. Lathered with tomato sauce, the homemade kind, complimenting the tang of the mozzarela. The sizzle of meats - pepperoni, salami, chorizo - packed with full fat flavour, with its salty juices pouring out.

England
Oily chips, soft to the touch and salty to the taste. The crisp, shell of batter covering the flakey fish, and moistened with vinegar. Sweet, crumbly scones, softened by the warm air that surrounds it. Layered with fresh clotted cream and strawberry jam. 

Japan
Fresh green seaweed, with simple flavour and intricate texture. It encircles around thick milky rice,...

Wedding Day

My reflexion stared.

A cascade of white flowing down to the polished floor. Silk overlapping silk; a mass of pure beauty. Embroidered lace hidden between the flares of the skirt. The corset top gathered the ruffles and restraint my nerves. The slender, frosted sleeves swirled down to my wrists. And there were my hands, shaking, holding the red rose bouquet.

My chest rose as I heaved an unsteady sigh. Eyes filled with apprehension, I bit my lip to suppress my emotions. This was it, I thought. No going back now.

Hands reaching to my skirt as I felt the rich fabric; surely the luxurious feel to it would calm me down. I looked down to see my feet fidgeting. Were the shoes uncomfortable? No, for they were specially padded on the inside. My toes wiggled in delight at the thought of the extra comfort provided. That pleasure, however, did not seem to have lasted.

But a sinking feeling hit...

10 Second Essays

//Aphorism//

• The weariest people are the strongest.
  • The cheeriest people cry the hardest.
  • The quietest people shout the loudest.
  • The strongest people bruise the baddest.

Unconventional

Darling

Tread
A little lighter
On my heart

Strings hurt
Darling

Speak
A little softer
In my ear

Words hurt
Darling

Cry
A little more
On my shoulder

Love hurts
Darling

Falling For Him

I never thought I would fall in love. But between you, me, and the paper I write down on, I have fallen. Hard. I don't know how. I'm not even sure why. Is it the way he speaks so confidently, so directly, as his eyes pin you down? Is it the way his lips look when they curl up into a smirk? Or, is it the way he acts tough on the outside, but deep down you know his feelings are killing him? I want to help him. I want to be the one who makes him happy. I want to be the one he goes to to let go of the pain. 

Would he even let me help him? 

My Raven-Haired Beauty

My beauty with the raven hair
The one which smile brings me delight.
And I try not to stop and stare
As my eyes tear away at my plight.

My beauty with the green, green eyes
Which strikes my mind and soul so true.
But the reason why my heart cries;
Does it hurt to say 'I love you too'?

Open Prompt

Thanks

Thanks for all your smug grins,
And for making me cry. 
Thanks for the bruises on my skin
And thanks for all the lies. 

Thanks for not noticing,
And for the hurt and pain.
And thanks for not falling for me;
Now life is never the same. 

Environmental Writing Competition September 2018

Biophilia

The mountainous hills of the Lake District were worth climbing. The ache in my back and tremble in my legs were worth the struggle. Every effort I had made beforehand to enjoy this adventure made this journey even more rewarding. With the wild grin that stretched my features and my windswept hair covering my eyes, I felt triumphant. I had reached the top. And I have never felt so alive!

Some part of me thought it would go on forever. Endless climbing; ascending into the brumous air, with the chill hitting my bones. Part of me wanted it to go on forever. Afterall, there is nothing like the entanglement of fear and exhilaration before a journey begins. Such emotions only seem to evoke in me when I am encircled by the mysteries of nature. 

I am a lover of nature. I adore all things nature-inspired, and have a natural urge to be at one with nature. I become smitten with...

Young Love

We go together like...
Salt and Pepper,
Sugar and Spice,
Stars and Planets,
Fire and Ice.

We are young.

Love is silly;
We pay the price.
But without you
Isn't as nice.

Are we too young?

Unplug

Social Media

Having life without any social media does not concern me as much as it would others.

Social media is already so dangerous now, with all the lies, fake news, and pretending to be someone you're not. Its not particularly healthy, either. People get body image problems when they check the latest pictures posted. Whether these people are oversensitive or not, that doesn't matter. What matters is how they are feeling. And if you keep looking at people's posts and being jealous about their life, you should stop looking at their posts!

We've all heard of cyber-bullying, right? But sometimes, on social media, it's not that simple. Passive bullying is something everyone should be aware of. 
Passive bullying is when someone acts appropriate on the surface, but takes you down with subtlety.
Say if one of your aquaintances post pictures of a really fun party they went to, and you see some of your other friends in those pictures too. However,...

This I Believe

Kill Them With Kindness

'But become kind to one another, tenderly compassionate, freely forgiving one another just as God also by Christ forgave you.' ~ Ephesians 4:32

It's hard to be kind all the time. Especially since we are all imperfect. Considering what some people are like today - arrogant, ignorant, selfish - sometimes you may wonder if it's even worth the effort to show kindness. 

Well, it is. 

Showing kindness, especially to the people who perhaps don't deserve it, can really make a difference. The greek fabulist Aesop stated: 
'No act of kindness, no matter how small, is wasted.'
What he meant by this was that giving your kindness has a great impact, no matter how that person may respond to it. Some people are stubborn, and will not thank you for your kind deed, but whether they know it or not, they are influenced by kind actions. 

Of course, there are some people who seem too stubborn or headstrong to change. However,...

The Peace of Wild Things

Stronger Than You Think

Observe the horses at work, 
Galloping so brisk and strong. 
Their legs seem quite fragile in sight, 
But their power proves me wrong. 

Observe the birds at their work, 
Constantly keen to provide. 
With hatchlings that need their support 
They put their own worries aside. 

Observe the ants at their work, 
Only wishing they had wings. 
Carrying a load on their back 
Favours worrying about things.

Observe the plants at their work, 
Whether the sun shines or not.
Fighting for light, they gain their height.
To get to the sunny spot.

Observe me at my work,
My right arm covered in ink.
I may not be much to look at
But I'm stronger than you think.

Impermanence

Winter Embrace

A snowflake settles
To embrace the wistful bliss
Of melting away.

Your Ideas for WtW

My Ideas for WtW

What do you value most about Write the World? I find Write the World an encouraging website that really helps your creativity flourish. It's quite rare to find a safe writing website with such helpful reviewers. Personally, I find it hard to find inspiration on what to write. But with Write the World's writing prompts, it allows me to think outside the box. It makes me so happy to know I'm doing something productive with my time instead of finding a lazy alternative activity. Websites like this really helps unmotivated writers like me see the light.

What would you like to see Write the World do differently? I'm not too picky, but maybe give more clear instructions on how to do things. For example, say you wanted to delete an already published item. How exactly do you do that? I don't even think that's an option. If it is, it's very unclear. Also, say if someone wanted to delete their...

Personal Narrative Competition 2018

Biophilia

The mountainous hills of the Lake District were worth climbing. The ache in my back and tremble in my legs were worth the struggle. I had reached the top. And I have never felt so alive!

I am a lover of nature. I become smitten with the movements and sounds that come from within a forest. I appreciate the small things. The way the sunlight filters through the trees, as if attempting to find the ones who dwell in the forest. The way the rain pours down onto the earth, just enough to make the air...