SnowBallad

I love writing! Whether it's nonfiction, fiction, (well, okay, mostly fiction), screenplays, plays, music, poetry, I will write it. Please review my writing!

"Everyone deserves a chance to fly. So if I'm flying solo, at least I'm flying free."
-Elphaba Thropp

"We believe a lot of things that aren't true. We call it history."
-The Wonderful Wizard of Oz

Novel Writing Competition 2016

Silver Crescent

It was nearly three seconds past my appointment when the chestnut doors to Quory's office opened. I carefully walked in, shifting my head up to attempt direct eye contact with him. He looked away.
    "It's 0624:03," I said.
    "What? Oh, yes, of course," the man said, glancing nervously around the room, at the globe with its     calming, animated waves, at the walls, which were slowly but surely fading from auburn to mahagony, and finally directly into my eyes. 
    "I recieved one notification from this location approximately eight minutes and twenty-seven seconds ago," I said, watching him fiddle with his fingernails. "Unless I am mistaken, you called me here for a mission. If this is not the case, please refrain from notifying me in the future—"
    "Never mind all that, Haelo, this mission is highly confidential." I began to take notes internally. One—confidentiality, nothing new. I had 34,152 resolved missions marked "highly confidential". "It's also imperative that you resolve this—otherwise the...

Malia

THE TEXTS

10/11/16

derek233. hey
derek233. u there
derek233. i know ur there, malia
derek233. come on 
derek233. malia, i can see the "read at 2:37 pm" thing
derek233. malia.
derek233. MALIA!!!!

10/12/16

derek233. listen.
derek233. we haven't talked in days.
derek233. I
derek233. mali, im sorry
derek233. rly
derek233. please answer me

10/14/16

derek233. why weren't you at school?
derek233. malia?

10/17/16

derek233. malia, i feel really bad
derek233. it's my fault that ur staying home
derek233. isn't it
derek233. i shouldn't have said it
derek233. malia
derek233. please read this
derek233. i hate not being able to see you
derek233. please come to school tommorow

10/22/16

derek233. malia, please
derek233. your mom says that your still at home and that u might do homeschool
derek233. pls come.

10/23/16

derek233. yay you read them!
derek233. the texts.
xxmaliaxx. derek
derek233. wt
xxmaliaxx. i forgive you

10/24/16

derek233. malia
derek233. please come back tommorow
xxmaliaxx. this is malia's therapist.
derek233....

Novel Writing Competition 2016

Silver Crescent

"It's 0624:03," I said neatly.
    "Never mind all that, Haelo, this mission is highly confidential." I began to take notes internally. One—confidentiality, nothing new. I had 34,152 resolved missions marked "highly confidential". "It's also imperative that you resolve this—otherwise...

a Train Will Come

It had been almost a year since he had left on the train. At this station. Emily visited it every morning, every evening, to see if the train would come back. Of course, they wrote letters. But each was less romantic than the next. But now the letters seldom came once a month. She tried to remember his smile—the smile that had haunted her head for so, so long—but even that was fading. 
    Emily knew that today would be the same as every day. Waiting at the station. Losing hope. Finding it again. Waiting. Waiting for the train that carried her lover. Waiting for a train that she needed to see. She was losing faith. 
    A trained stopped. Was this the train? She saw many of them getting off first. But she didn't see him. She was just about to leave when she saw a smile more bright and illuminated then ever before. His smile. The...

Open Prompt

Crystal Tears

The rain fell in silent teardrops. The sky, once ever so blue, was gray. It was crying. I was crying. I could feel the rain on my hair, softly pouring down my cheeks. Clear, crystal drops. Every one more clear and more crystal than the next. It came in
shards, though. The pain. Sharp. I felt each, hiding, cold, inside myself. Yes. I was cold. Not on the outside. Inside, I was cold, and I was freezing my tears. I let no more come. I held them back. I never realized that only a warm heart would—could—melt them forever. I never realized that frozen ice would only grow larger. But it was too late. My crystal tears would always thaw.
They would always fall.

Novel Writing Competition 2015

Inside Me

Level One

I had just woken up to a voice in my head. It's not like I had a voice. Before it, that is.
Don't listen to me.
That was the first thing It ever said.
I said, don't listen to me!
Okay, I say.
Okay. Ready... go.
I'm in an average house. I'm in an average room in an average bed with a not-so-average voice in my head. 
Boy, that sounds like a blues song.
Mom opens the door. "Time to get up."
Don't.
I get out of bed.
Incorrect. Go back to bed.
What the heck does that mean?
Wait, is she even my mom?
It then occurred to me that I didn't know who my mom was.
No time for amnesia. Back in bed, Day.
Day. That's my name. Yes. 
The Lady Previously Known As Mom knocked on the door. "Hey, honey, get up."
Wait, I'm not supposed to listen to this voice, right?
"Okay. I'm...

Five Novel Titles

Books About Angels

Born for the Sky
Dayfall
the Perceptionist
the Immortality Complex
Stolen Wings