Img 0552

sincereskies

A writer is simply a photographer of thoughts.

-click-

Your writing is never wrong.
Unless you are not writing.
Then you are wrong.

Img 0552
Img 1522

sincereskies (United States) started following pooja (United States)

Img 0552

sincereskies (United States) liked a girl of color in a pale world by pooja (United States)

Img 0552

sincereskies (United States) liked Why My Room Is Always Messy by Bo Bednar (United States)

Img 0552
Piggy!!!

sincereskies (United States) started following Bo Bednar (United States)

Img 0552

sincereskies (United States) reviewed:

Ekphrasis

Hello, Cat! First off, I think this is a wonderful first draft, but you need some tweaking. You said you like to create complex poems, but I think you are trying too hard. You obviously are a talented writer, so...

Img 0552
Maia armistead1

sincereskies (United States) started following casual.ties (New Zealand)

Img 0552
Admirer

sincereskies (United States) earned a badge Admirer

Img 0552
1

sincereskies (United States) published:

A Tribute to "Ghetto Life 101"

PROMPT: Poetry and Spoken Word Competition

Audio: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZZ7LxEgWYMU

We rugged children play in streets of death--
“Avoid them, darling.” “Look away, away.”
They say he’s fine, don't see him lose his breath.
No siren comes; cares no one anyway.
Disease runs wild, while food is running short.
The daily POPs and screams of shot-off limbs,
But look away for we don't need support.
Our only wish, please watch our future dim.
But since our time is short and we may fall,
We’ll do our best to make...

Seeking Peer Reviews

Img 0552

sincereskies (United States) liked The Child Sang as She Worked by Hanan Adi (United Arab Emirates)

Img 0552
Prolific

sincereskies (United States) earned a badge Prolific

Poetry and Spoken Word Competition

A Tribute to "Ghetto Life 101"

No siren comes; cares no one anyway.
We’ll do our best to make a lasting print
“It’s winter still, but school is out!”, we’ll call.
So jump and leap and sing and run and sprint,
‘Cause we don't care since we don't live life low;
We live our life- the life in the ghetto.

0-9

10 Ways to Fall

0 is untouchable-- pure, uneffected-- until it is.

1 is the first step-- leaning, stretching-- until it breaks.

2 is the second best-- striving for first, giving it their all-- until their all is not enough.

3 is the number of trees I used to have in my garden-- leaning, swaying in the breeze-- until ultimately, the breeze broke the 3rd's trunk.

4 is the floor of the house I sleep in-- the most private, the safest from intruders-- until a fire happens, and I am the first to fall.

5 is the grade when I stood up for a friend-- scared the bullies away, yelled at them-- until I got sent to the principal's for being a bully instead of them.

6 is the month when you are halfway through the year-- summer break starts, warmth comes-- until you realize you only have half a year left.

7 is age when my best friend left me-- her parents said...

Open Prompt

Untitled

Nature's first green is gold.
Her hardest hue to hold.
Her early leaf's a flower;
But only so an hour.
Then leaf subsides to leaf.
So Eden sank to grief,
So dawn goes down to day.
Nothing gold can stay.

Sky's embers burning bright.
Lighting up darkened night.
Their beauty shines and never halts;
His stars twinkle without fault.
Then Sun comes up with her rays,
And conceals all of the Stars' blaze.
They still shine-- so people say.
But nothing gold can stay

Six-Word Memoir

Ready

I was never ready for anything.

Food Writing Competition

Priceless: My Little Brother

My family used to work like bees. 12 bees to be exact. Did you know it takes 12 bees a lifetime just to make one teaspoon of honey? We would put in so much time and effort just for my little brother, just like bees. You see, my younger brother, Calvin, was born with severe food allergies. Seven to be exact. Dairy, eggs, all nuts, all seafood, soy, mango, and peanuts (Which actually aren't nuts: they are legumes). He was especially allergic to dairy, nuts and seafood. In other words, he was anaphylactic to them, so if he ate them, his allergies were so serious that he could stop breathing, and die. He wasn't able to eat a lot of food, so we all had to work hard to find new companies that produced allergen free food.

Let's start at the very beginning. Calvin was just a few months old and being fed yogurt, when he broke out in hives. His tiny, fragile...

Food Writing Competition

Priceless: My Little Brother

Roses are arguably one of the prettiest flowers existing. Their petals seem inexplicably perfect. Their fragrance very sweet, but not overly putrid. However, within beauty, there can be danger. Foods can be like roses; though they have their own fragrance, they are thorned, as they can cause allergies.

My younger brother, Calvin, was born with severe food allergies. Seven to be exact. Dairy, eggs, all nuts, all seafood, soy, mango, and peanuts. He was especially allergic to dairy, nuts and seafood. In other words, he was anaphylactic to them, so if he ate them, his allergies were so serious that he could stop breathing, and die.

Let's start at the very beginning. Calvin was just a few months old and being fed yogurt, when he broke out in hives. His tiny, fragile body started heaving and coughing and struggling to breathe. I don't remember this day that well, but I know he was immediately rushed to the hospital, where he was diagnosed...

Food Writing Competition

Priceless: My Little Brother

My younger brother, Calvin, was born with severe food allergies. Seven to be exact. Dairy, eggs, all nuts, all seafood, soy, mango, and peanuts. He was especially allergic to dairy, nuts and seafood. In other words, he was anaphylactic to them, so if he ate them, his allergies was so serious that he could stop breathing, and die.

Let's start at the very beginning. Calvin was just a few months old and being fed yogurt, when he broke out in hives. His tiny, fragile body started heaving and coughing and struggling to breathe. I don't remember this day that well, but I know he was immediately rushed to the hospital, where he was diagnosed with food allergies. I, being three years old at the time, didn't know what this "food allergies" business was. I just knew that my baby brother, who was the cutest thing I had ever laid eyes on, with his chubby little arms and legs, and his little mouth...

Food Writing Competition

Priceless: My Little Brother

My younger brother, Calvin, was born with severe food allergies. Seven to be exact. Dairy, eggs, all nuts, all seafood, soy, mango, and peanuts. He was especially allergic to dairy, nuts and seafood. In other words, he was anaphylactic to them, so if he ate them, he could stop breathing, and die.

Calvin was just a few months old and breastfeeding, when he broke out in hives. His tiny, fragile body started heaving and coughing and struggling to breathe. I don't remember this day that well, but I know he was immediately rushed to the hospital, where he was diagnosed with food allergies. I, being three years old at the time, didn't know what this "food allergies" business was. I just knew that my baby brother, who was the cutest thing I had ever layed eyes on, with his chubby little arms and legs, and his little mouth that blew spit bubbles and cooed when I tickled him, was very sick.
...

Food Writing Competition

Priceless: My Little Brother

My younger brother, Calvin, was born with severe food allergies. Seven to be exact. Dairy, eggs, all nuts, all seafood, soy, mango, and peanuts. He was especially allergic to dairy, nuts and seafood. In other words, he was anaphylactic to them, which basically means, if he eats them, he could stop breathing, and die.

When he was just a few months old, Calvin was being breastfeed, when he broke out in hives. His little body started heaving and coughing and struggling to breathe. I don't remember this day that well, but I know he was immediately rushed to the hospital, where he was diagnosed with food allergies. I, being three years old at the time, didn't know what food allergies was. I just knew that my baby brother, who was the cutest thing I had ever layed eyes on, with his chubby little arms and legs, and his little mouth that blew spit bubbles and cooed when I tickled him, was...

O’Clock

September 11th, 2001

19
is the number
of hijackers
with their hearts of stone
descended
upon the twins
why?
why!
why.

2977
is the number
of innocents
with their hearts of pure
gone
so many
why?
why!
why.

4
is the number
of planes
who crashed
into the twins
and the pentagon
by the 19
with their hearts of stone
that killed
the 2977
with their hearts of pure
that are
now gone
forever

why?
why!
why

Birdcage and Buoy

Shelter from the Storm

A world of absolute white in all directions. The ground, covered in snow, the air, filled with hail and snowflakes. Her, left shivering, with no sence of direction.
    THUMP! A piece of hail hit the girl full on the head. She stumbled backward onto something soft but prickly. The girl turned around. Still, only white glares back at her, but she knew this white is different. The girl thrust her hand into the mound. Prickly straws poke back. She dug a little hole, then crawled into the hay stack.
    The girl sighed in relief. Finally some warmth from the raging storm.

---------------------------------------

"Pa, did they ever find Laura Watkins?"
    "Hush now, Ida. We are saying grace."
    "But Ma, she rushed out into the storm last week when Teacher told us to stay in the school room! And she hasn't been...

Untitled

Prologue

"Ready or not, here I come!"
    She squirmed further away from the door, buried herself under clothes, grasping her teddy bear. She could hear footsteps. The closet door creaked open. She could see a hand, groping for her. No! She wanted to win. It was her birthday after all. Her 5th birthday. It was a special day.
    So she closed her eyes, then drew a circle in the air. Then opened her eyes and giggled to herself, dancing with her teddy bear. No more was the dusty walk-in closet, but now a lush, green meadow stood before her. She skipped around a bit more, then laid down on her back, gazing up at the azure blue sky.
    She could see her babysitter, still looking for her, kind of like watching a TV screen in the sky. The girl skipped, and danced, and laughed some more. She didn't understand that her ability wasn't normal. It...

Open Prompt

Untitled

He was sitting in his wheelchair in his bedroom, book in hand. It was one of those nights where there were no clouds in view, and he was basking under the light that the stars made.
    "El Patrón is probably the most sly and cunning person alive." He smiled to himself. Yes. He wasn't probably the most sly person alive. He was the most sly person alive. From being the only one out of 7 children to survive his childhood, to making a deal with Mexico and the USA, to ruling Opuim, he was smarter then them all.
    Then, there were the clones and eejits. Those were his masterpieces. What better way to control people to actually control them! It was simple, just put a little chip in the area of the brain that gives a person their personality, and bam! You've got yourself a slave. And the clones. Though the clones, he could live forever. New...

sincereskies's 14 Likes

a girl of color in a pale world by pooja

Published 8 months ago

Why My Room Is Always Messy by Bo Bednar

Published 8 months ago

The Child Sang as She Worked by Hanan Adi

Published 8 months ago

The Débutante by Hanan Adi

Published over 1 year ago

Farewell, Fair Land by Hanan Adi

Published over 1 year ago

A Beautiful Thing by Suri Purefoy

Published almost 2 years ago

Zeros & Ones by kanigi7

Published almost 2 years ago

Mistakes were made by KizzyCat

Published about 2 years ago

Rain by Norah

Published about 2 years ago

Finding the Yellow Sky by Grace Mary Potts

Published about 2 years ago

Red by Suri Purefoy

Published about 2 years ago

Cracks by Mina Lee

Published over 2 years ago

Chasing the Sky by SnowBallad

Published about 2 years ago

Wishes in the Wind by PunkyMonkey

Published about 2 years ago

6 Likes from Others

A Tribute to "Ghetto Life 101"

Liked by 1 person

10 Ways to Fall

Liked by 1 person

Yet

Liked by 1 person

Priceless: My Little Brother

Liked by 2 people

The Last Leaf

Liked by 1 person

The Last Leaf

Liked by 1 person

Good neighbor

We like your photo and your biography.

Earned about 2 years ago

Pro reviewer

You've now submitted over five reviews!

Earned about 2 years ago

Self editor

You've published multiple versions of the same piece

Earned about 2 years ago

Follower

You're following over five other writers.

Earned about 2 years ago

Supporter

You're following over 10 other writers right now.

Earned about 2 years ago

Admirer

You've followed over twenty other writers!

Earned 8 months ago

Leader

You're being followed by over five other writers!

Earned about 2 years ago

Publisher

You've gone live!

Earned about 2 years ago

Prolific

You really are prolific - you've published over ten pieces already.

Earned 8 months ago

Favoriter

Love your work - you've read and favorited over ten pieces published by others

Earned about 2 years ago

Reviewer

You've reviewed!

Earned about 2 years ago

Competitor

Thanks for entering a competition.

Earned almost 2 years ago

Best seller inactive

Get over twenty favorites for one of your published pieces and you'll be a bestseller.

Luminary inactive

Publish one hundred pieces and you'll be a luminary.

Master reviewer inactive

Write and publish over fifty reviews to become a Master Reviewer

Patron inactive

Become a patron of writers - follow over thirty of them.

Popular penman inactive

Get over ten favorites for your work to become a Popular Penner.

Power writer inactive

Keep going! Write over ten thousand words and you'll be a Power Writer.

Super star inactive

Get your writing career glittering with more than thirty followers.

Top critic inactive

Submit over fifteen reviews and you'll be a top critic.