kaydenblue

Just another oxymoron hoping for a brighter future.

If we are made of what we make of our lives, then I suspect the majority of us are made of sleepless nightmares, stress, and pretending to be comfortable in our own skin.

Peer Reviews

The Way We Mourn

Given that the person the poem is addressed to disliked the traditions and standard structure of funerals, I think it's particularly poignant that all the verses are a uniform length. It's very bittersweet and really well done.

almost 2 years

Falling Leaves

Most of what I wanted to say is in the highlighted portions and the above questions.

almost 2 years

Someday

PROMPT: Given First Line

Ending with a question is very interesting. There's just enough buildup to make you wonder if the narrator is waiting for a physical thing to arrive on board a ship, or if the ship arriving represents something to them

almost 2 years

Lonely

PROMPT: Unconventional

I don't typically like unconventional poetry due to a lack of substance, but this is really really good. I'm very impressed by how you managed to convey so much so simply.

almost 2 years

#LifeLemonsPrompt Corner Writing Club

I'm a bit of a sucker for well-done transitional pieces, so I really loved this piece. This is really well done - I personally couldn't think of anything for this prompt, and I admire the way you approached it. It's an interesting take on the old saying.

about 2 years

Untitled

This is a well done beginning of what I believe will be a very interesting story arc. Good job. I look forward to seeing how this will progress.

about 2 years

#rwisdomcontest

Embrace other types of punctuation! There are many other ways to get the pauses you're after without the use of a comma splice. Your imagery is, as always, wonderful.

about 2 years

Google Search

unknown

Cherry Blossom

Your imagery and description is delightful. You've done well in making it suit the poem and its characters. There's a few things that I've commented on that could help improve the flow and clarity, but otherwise this is a pretty poem.

about 2 years

Body of Water

PROMPT: Song Lines

Your imagery here is a joy to read. I think the poem could use some changes to really enhance your imagery (since that does appear to be your strength), but other than that, this is a job well done. I feel that the beginning of the poem positions the reader to view the rest in a sort of hazy dream. While that atmosphere does add a level of dimension to it, but I'm not sure this is what you intended. If you intended for a more raw, personal feel, then I think perhaps some of the wording (especially in the start of the poem) needs to be altered (perhaps look at the way the words sound and their connotations so that you can discern how that effects the tone and mood). Having said all that, take what I say with a pinch of salt. After all, I am also learning.

about 2 years

#Seance- Death is No Different

Oh my goodness gracious this was an amazing read. I was captivated start to finish. Good job with this piece! With regards to how to improve: At the moment you switch between present tense and past tense, and it disrupts the flow of the piece a bit.

about 2 years

if only you

I think you're in need of quite a few more commas for clarity reasons, but otherwise this quite well done. For me, the beginning holds a very nice lyrical feel that intertwines with an (increasingly obvious) heartbroken tone.

about 2 years

A Thing of the Past

PROMPT: Personal Narrative Competition 2018

Your writing is brilliant. Good luck with the competition.

over 2 years

The Wanderer and the Stayer

unknown