janice

#reptilianq&a

1. What's your zodiac sign, and do you think it fits you? If not, is there a different sign that you think would fit you better? 
Aquarius. Definitely fit me b/c Aquarius love to read, write, theorize, and have trouble fitting in
2. What's the time right now where you are? 
11:51 a.m.
3. How many languages do you speak? Ones you're learning or half-learned a year ago but kinda forgot about count too. 
I speak fluent Spanish and English. I'm currently learning Latin and Greek, which I can read pretty well, but I can't speak them.
4. What's the last movie you saw, and what did you think of it? 
The Incredibles 2 on the plane to Mexico. I've seen worse, but I've also seen much better.
5. What's the first song that comes to mind as you're reading this question? 
Mexico by Carrie Underwood
6. What are some of your writing habits? For example, are there certain words,...

#pbqanda | stripedfly1001

1. Which kids’ movie scarred you for life and why? 
The Emoji Movie. I'm sure you all know why
2. Why kind of cult would you like to start? 
Dunno, but there would be a big sign outside my house that reads "CULT HERE--MUST BE A GEEK AND/OR NERD TO JOIN"
3. What’s the weirdest emoji? (Include the actual emoji) 
The "meh" because of the emoji movie.
4. What are two foods that should never be combined? (e.g., pineapple and pizza) 
Very funny :) Spaghetti and sandwiches should never, EVER be combined
5. What movie/book/TV show do you know the most quotes from? 
Movie: Star Wars (all of them). Book: To Kill a Mockingbird. TV Show: Avatar: The Last Airbender. 

#anhacontest | then and now

Then and now.

Then, she was mine. She had professed her love for me, for only me.

When Sarah Laughner was sixteen, she met a handsome brunette at a carnival one warm night in July.

Now, she is gone. To me and the world.

The brunette's name was John Miller, and he was madly in love with her.

Then, she was sincere and sweet and all smiles. She hid her emotions well...

Sarah and John were a match made in heaven itself. He loved her, and for the longest time, she pretended.

Now, I know not to trust love; I am afraid more than weary

Sarah was fearful of showing him who she truly was, so she gave him nothing.

Then, she was my hope and rock. My sparkling gem in my gray cloud of life.

She lied, and lied, and stole all his being. John never allowed himself to suspect anything of her.

Now, my heart is empty. I allowed...

#Myanswer Q&A

1. What do you think it means to live a meaningful life?
I think it means to find your purpose and do it. To feel completed is to be completed
2. Do you believe in soulmates? Why/Why not?
Yes. Soulmate matches are made in heaven, and each soul has a male and female part to it. Soulmates don't have to love each other romantically, though. Everyone has a soulmate, yes, even the asexuals. 
3. What is something you're certain you'll never experience?
A normal life that isn't filled with lies and secrets and playing the double agent with my own parents
4. What's a part of your character/personality you're still trying to understand?
Why am I so willing to double-cross people??
5. Do you prefer labels and definitions or would you rather just identify as human?
Just human, thank you very much!
6. Do you think, at this point and time, there's anyone who'd sacrifice them self for you?
Yeah
7....

An event that changed my life (for better or for worse)

Last year, in August, I started taking private music lessons with a really nice guy named Mr. Milgram. He's the best teacher I've ever come across, and probably always will be. 
    I continued taking piano lessons from him for several months, and was greatly pleased with the results. I was deeply convinced that a great part of my improvement was due to him.
    One snowy morning in January, we got a call from him. He was asking if we could reschedule a class, because he had a funeral to go to. My mom arranged things with him, and I didn't think twice about the call. Two weeks later I went in for classes again, and I didn't notice anything different. Once in a while Mr. Milgram's eyes would go unfocused, but those bursts never lasted for more than a few seconds. Absolutely nothing had changed about him; not his funny personality, his tendancy to...

Random #1

Just a series of random, totally unrelated pieces that have randomly popped into my brain. Feel free to use them in your works if you want to!

"I don't know." She shrugged and took another sip from her mug, clutching it even tighter. "I know that I said I'm over him, but I still can't go to the coffee shop that we used to go to, or listen to that song that he loved. Or go to the mall that we met at, or..."
    Melissa smiled and set her cup down. "Yeah. I get it. My break-up was bad too. But get this," she added, leaning forward in her seat, "once you're over him, you get stronger. It's almost like your heart can't work properly until it breaks."
    Anne just shrugged again. "Maybe."

She gazed intently at him, her crystal blue eyes nearly boring a hole into his head. "That sounds like...

stripedfly's Q&A!!

Hello, and welcome to stripedfly's (aka Angela's) very first Q&A!!! 
In other words, I'm totally not copying this from from anyone else :)

Hokay, here are 30 questions you can answer. If you feel like skipping some, no prob. Just remember to put #flyofstriped in the title so I can read and like it!!

1. What line from a TV show/movie/book has stuck with you and why?

2. Which fandom can you talk and theorize over for hours? If you don't have a fandom, why not?

3. Who's your favorite singer, and what's your favorite album by them? If you don't have a favorite singer, why not?

4. Best kind of pizza? If you don't like pizza, why not?

5. Favorite color? Why is this your favorite color?

6. Do you like a certain boy band? If not, why not?

7. Which book has stuck with you and why?

8. What's your favorite book series?

9. Are you an introvert...

#flyofstriped

"Not all those who wander are lost" from The Fellowship of the Rings by J.R.R. Tolkien. I love it because of how true and inspirational it is. 
Star Wars and Marvel
Platinum by Miranda Lambert :)
Hawaiian 
Purple because my sister likes it
6. Do you like a certain boy band? If not, why not
Nope. Not a fan of boy bands. Sorry, fangirls!
Powerless by Matthew Cody. I read it in third grade (five years ago), and it just stuck with me....

Once Upon a Never Chp 7

Author's note: This chapter will take place a few years after the last one (2-3), mostly because it would be pure fluff if I filled everything in. Anita is now 9 and the boy looks like he never aged. Pretty much everything else is the same... so far. Okay, enough of me, on with the chapter!

Anita sighed, glancing down at her open textbook. She was lying down on her painfully boring bed, attempting to read a painfully boring book in her painfully boring room. Jome had 'prescribed' some extra homework for her--apparently she wasn't attentive enough. Who could blame her, though? Jome's lessons were boring--at least to her. 
    Turning the page, Anita let her head drop into her hands. She was itching to go back to the Land, but knew that would be impossible right now; both her parents were at home. 
    Anita's eyes wandered from the page. She supposed she was lucky...

Once upon a never Chp 6

“Our wonderful country, on the other hand, was established by Lord Mirkal, who was then succeeded by his son...”

Anita stifled a yawn, fighting boredom as her tutor droned on about the history of Burkham, the country she lived in. The man would occasionally push his brown-framed glasses up when they weren't slipping, as though he though it made him look more important. The tutor's name was Jome, this was their second day together, and Anita already needed a break.

Jome was dressed in a brown suit, perfectly ironed and kept, with brown shoes, brown socks, brown hair, and a dull disposition. Anita shifted uncomfortably in her cushioned chair, wishing that the lesson would end. The stiff, uncomfortable, scratchy white dress she was wearing wasn't helping matters much, either.
“Now, as for the government of the provinces...”

Idly her mind began to wander. This afternoon both her parents would be out somewhere, which would...

#BeautifulDayWithADarkSide

It was a perfect day in December, beautiful as could be. But that was also the day that Hannah died.

I don't think that either of us were expecting it, really. Everyone else was dying, but I thought if one of us were to go, it would be me, not her. Never her.

And yet here I am, whispering a hasty prayer under my breath amid the bustle of New York City. The date was December 6, 1941, just a few years after the Great War, though this one seems to be worse. Father hadn't been recruited in the first one, but now he's gone and so is mother--she died of starvation. That was a year and a half ago.

Father said that he would be back a few months ago, but we hadn't even received word from him. The last time he wrote to us was three months ago,saying that he...

#jediknightgirlcontest.sunandmoon

Sun and moon. Yin and Yang. Beginning and end. Opposites truly attract.

All those who live must die. And every angel has its own demon. 

The sun is an angel. The moon is his demon.

He is light; she is the dark. He gives warmth; she brings cold. A greater light to rule the day, and a lesser one to rule the night.

He loves her. She loves him, too, but she is more seductive, lulling him in with beautiful songs and promises. She created her stars to shine around him, twinkling and overcoming his light. But they never will, for the sun is good and always will be. He cannot change, not even for her.

The moon loves him with her cold fire, but is exceedingly jealous. Why should he bring joy to the people's hearts, why should he bring the light and warmth? 

But she ruled the night.

Yin and Yang always circled each other, never able...

#jediknightgirlcontest.panic

House of Memories

Going back home is never easy
You ain't crawling back, but now you wish you were
They've all left and gone before 
But you're still here to tell the tale

Walking around, get one last good look
Yeah, you know you're never coming back
Touching the walls, feeling the lives
But you're still here to tell the tale

Glimpses of the past, they're hard to find
But the feelings live on in reflections
There whenever you look
But you're still here to tell the tale

Leave now, it's familiar
Going down the old walkway
You already know, you're never coming back
But you're still here to tell the tale.

Memories, nothing more
But it's a house of them

#missingavowel

The girl from behind the desk kept her eyes fixed on her computer screen, completely oblivious to the noise of the room. I snuck looks her direction from time-to-time--she looked gorgeous. Lenny told me I need someone to go with to the wedding, so getting her to go with me would be perfect. It would most likely never be, though. I never got luck when it comes to girls.
   I kept looking, but didn't possess the guts to go up to her. To my surprise, she looked up to me, winked, then smiled slightly.
   My mind went still, silent with shock. Did--did she just...
   "Jorge," she spoke loudly, beckoning to me. I stepped up to the desk, doing my best not to be some stupid dolt. Right. Be cool. You got this.
   She went over something to do with my doctor, but I only mostly listened. Up close, she looked even more gorgeous.
   "...Got it?"
   I nodded...

You lied

"You lied to me."
    "Please..." She gazed at him with her big brown eyes, pleading--begging him to understand. "You--I couldn't just let your life be--"
    He clenched his hands tightly, breaking her off. "But you thought it was okay to lie to me. To lie about my life, the world, history, so many people, the universe itself!?"
    She closed her eyes tightly, but closing her heart wasn't so easy. "Please, I had to protect you." She opened her eyes again, but he refused to look at her. "Please."
    "No."
    No, what? a small part of her mind asked, but she pushed it away. True, she had lied about, well, everything, but it had been to protect him. Living a lie was no easy feat--she should know--but having to lie to a specific person only for them to discover the truth was painful beyond belief. 
   ...

#1000PaperCranes

Paper cranes. A thousand paper cranes. I can't even fold one.
    It would take time. Time, and practice, and even then it would not be perfect.
    No. If this was for a wish, then they all have to be perfect. Every. Single. One. 

Gathered scraps all thrown away
Unwanted, garbage, but for me that's okay
Cut and trim, fold all day
I want my wish--I want it today

Fold and crease and toil away
I don't care, it's worth the pain
I'll cut another and begin the next day
I'll finish or die--that's just my game

A thousand, they say
I only have five left
Choose my wish without delay
I haven't planned for what comes next

Finished, the last fold
I've done it, all thousand

But I was never told
That wishes could go and

Leave you in the cold

I waited too long.
First learned how to fold, then did it.
I...

#jediknightgirlcontest.three

On Elisa's thirteenth birthday, her father gave her a rock as black as a starless night and as smooth as the silent ocean. For luck, he had said, though Elisa doubted that luck had anything to do with it. It would have happened, and her father knew it. The difference was that he though he could help.
    The spirits liked black. That's why her rock was black--father hoped that the good spirits would assist her. Bad spirits didn't like the dark. They had too much experience. The good ones were naive. 
    Her mother had hinted out at what was going to happen, weaving an irreversible tapestry with stories and songs and lullabies. Every thread of Elisa's life had started with someone, but the first string was her mother's.
    On Elisa's thirteenth birthday, she climbed up the steep mountain, prepared to meet her destiny in the face. True, she did not know...

Quiet Hero | section A

Everyday, a man named John would walk two-and-a-half miles to work. He was poor, not well-known to many people, and couldn't afford a car, but he didn't mind--walking meant exercise and fresh air. 
    He lived in a large town with many people. Tourists rarely visited, but when they did they never came back again. The place was loud and crowded, easily exceeding the comfortable population by a good bit. 
    John worked eight hours a day, five days a week. Not too much, but it was still a great deal. Every day, when he would walk home tired and exhausted, he would remind himself how lucky he is to have an opportunity to have a decent job and house.
    One day in March, John was walking home when he saw a skinny, disheveled gray dog sitting by his front door. He knelt down in what he hoped wasn't an aggressive manner. "Aw, hey...

Character Development Resources (credit to the amazing SomeFormOfWriting)

Name: Anita
Sex: Female      Gender: Female    Sexual Orientation: m/f, attracted to male gender
Age: 6-15 (beginning to end of story)     DOB: 2/16/?
Initial Personality: Rebellious, outgoing, restless
Ending Personality: Well-behaved, "grown-up", sad
[Personality 1]: Rebellious
[Personality 2]: Nervous but still rebellious
[Personality 3]: Calm
Character Development: Goes from fun to behaving like the rest of society, even though she knows she doesn't want to be like everyone else
Likes: Animals, fun, nature
Dislikes: Rules, etiquette
Hobbies/Interests: Drawing, daydreaming
Fears: Loosing her personality, not fitting in
Quirks: Gets bored easily( it that a quirk?) 
Voice: 3rd person
Family: Joanna (mother) Gordon (father) maybe more to come
Past: n/a
Present: Living in a strict world with strict rules, wants to be free but wants to fit in
Fate: DOOM!! Sorry, but I don't want to spoil anything :) 
Secrets:Goes to an enchanted land to play with a mysterious boy, and she's sure that her parents would...

#Hidden

We all need that special someone in our lives, the person who never talks behind our back and tells us lies. The one whom we trust more than anyone and anything, who will never tell your secrets, who have never truly stayed mad at us because we have been loving them too much. They haven't revealed anything you don't want others to know--they are your most trusted advisers. 
    But who is this person? Do not dread if you haven't found them yet--they are there, I promise. Some of you may know your one, but yet again some of you may not. Don't despair. I can assure you that you will find them, be it in this life or the next. You will see them one day. He or she is there, waiting for you. Always with you and always will be. Again, I will say it: they are there. 
    They love...

Yo

Yo for those of you who use Wattpad, go check out the account called McDonaldsRevenge. 

Bye for now,
stripedfly1001

P.S. You're awesome!!!

#cwcrandomq&a | stripedfly1001

1. What TV show did you watch as a kid (e.g. were you a My Little Pony type, a Phineas and Ferb type, etc.) 
Avatar: The Last Airbender. I've been watching it for as long as I can remember, and I still watch it.

2. Should pineapple be on pizza?  
HECK YES!!!

3. If there must be a word limit on a prompt/contest, what is your favorite length to write? 
100-600

4. Why is your username what it is? 
I used to play this online game called Poptropica, and you are assigned a random username. Mine was "stripedfly", and now I use stripedfly1001 for my username wherever I can.So, if you want to know if I play a certain game, just look up stripedfly1001!

5. What are your tastes in YouTube videos (if any)? 
Funny ones, try-not-to-laugh challenges.

6. This is a moral dilemma: There is a boy band that you don’t particularly like.  Either you get a giant face...

#MyFormOfWriting Section B (the secret)

I’m not ready. Not yet. But I never really had a choice in the matter. The universe doesn't care about that sort of thing. Assuming it was the universe's fault, of course. (Which it always is.)
    It's raining outside as I sit by the window in my room. Thunder echoes from the clouds, lightning briefly flashing white every few minutes. I'll never be ready.
    Shakily my hand hovers above the scrap of paper I had hastily torn from my journal--the one that I keep all my secrets in. Well, they were secrets. They still will be until someone finds this. 
    I begin to write. "Because you are reading this, I am going to assume that I am either dead or have disappeared for what may seem like no reason." I press the pencil so hard onto the paper that the tip snaps, creating a dark streak on the once-pristine white. I crumbled...

#firstSWWPCprompt6 | petals

She couldn't do it. It was causing her pain and grief and tears, but she couldn't do it. She loved him too much.
    Lilliana leaned against the bathroom tiles, hand pressed to her chest, struggling to hold back tears even as they slid down her face. Flower petals littered the cold floor around her, brought up from her heart. She loved him, and gave herself to him, and sacrificed everything, but he didn't care. 
    If only he would love her back, everything would be so simple. And the pain would go away... But she knew in her heart, even as it had been breaking under his harsh glare, that he would never love her.
    There were other ways to relieve this pain--surgery and him loving her back were the only ones that was guaranteed to work. Death could achieve it, but broken hearts didn't kill people. Yet Lillian knew that she could never go...

#TSESWC!WOW! | heart of glass

my reflection
it stares back
haunting
taunting me
I see a girl
her eyes are sad
and red
tears run down her face
it's not me
it can't be
I won't accept it

the mirror
it shows everything
nothing can hide
I can't hide
it always shows
what is buried
in your heart
because
it shows the truth
but only you 
can see it

it's cracked
but it still reflects
me
and my heart
my heart's broken too
it always has been
he just made it worse

another tear
this will never end
my reflection is in pieces
just like me
because the mirror is cracked
I cracked it
I broke myself and the mirror
I'm sorry
I didn't mean it
please
I'll take it back

I could fix it
fix them both
but I won't
I can't make it pretty again
not me 
not the reflection
my heart 
and glass 
are similar

they are both so easy to see...

Hey, y'all

Hey, y'all. Can you guys do me a favor?

Flipline Studios has a competition where you can make your own character and if it wins, they'll use it in their next game. Can you guys go to this link for me and vote for the character that  is pointed out?

Thank you all so much, God bless,
stripedfly1001

#MyFormOfWriting Section B (the secret)

#firstSWWPC5

As a new student you must have the following supplies:

1x sword; bronze or iron
1x shield; of the same material as your sword
2x pens; blue ink
4x uniforms; white
4x uniforms; black
2x recreation clothing; white
2x boots; combat
2x pairs of riding gloves; brown leather
1x bag; brown leather
5x notebooks: brown leather
1x Book of Riding by Leet, Ryan
1x Book of Fighting by Leet, Ryan

Arrive by 1200 or you will have to go through the dragons.

Thank you for enrolling,
Headmaster Crollin. 

#firstSWWPC4

Dear Lilli,
I couldn't help but notice that your robotic dog has been chewing up my cables again. He is also agitating my Robo-Cat. Please see to it that your dog is kept off of my yard, or I'll turn him into a scrap pile. I would also like you to pay for the virtual-reality car he wrecked last week.
    Much love,
    The neighbor that now hates you

#firstSWWPC3

One box of chocolates. Two children, playing together. Three false rumors born of jealousy. Four months of confusion. Five minutes taken to apologize and make up. Six months of leaving. Seven days of reunion. Eight toys and pictures, forgotten. Nine boxes, returned and empty. Ten years of friendship gone wrong. 

Foxmillionaire's 25 Question Q&A

1 If you could swap personalities with anyone who would you swap with? 
My mutual friend. She's so calm, and nice, and caring...
2 What is your style in clothing?  
Modest and country
3 What are 10 things you want to learn how to do? 
1. Write better
2. Be better at Tae-Kwon Do
3. Get along better with cats
4. Write better
5. Learn how to speak another language
6. Have a conversation with my brother that does not involve Fortnite
7. Learn to stand being with other people
8. Finally get to telling my parents to stop teasing me (they think it's funny, but it's not)
9. Write better
10. Learn how to make friends
4 If you were to be the very best at one thing what would that one thing be?  
Writing
5 Pick 5 words to describe your personality. 
Crazy-cat-lady (that's one word), Depressed, help (as in needing it, specifically from a psychologist), writing, reading ...

Five Endings

Five endings (but one is also a beginning)

She smiled up at him, eyes sparkling, and in her face he could see something else...
"Let's go home."
Together, they walked into the dying sunset.( For a story I may or may not publish on here)

There she found a doll with black hair, blue pants, a white shirt, and a brown jacket. (Conclusion for my story Once Upon a Never--not a spoiler!)

The ability to have everything, and yet nothing, was one unique to that little group of people. (For a story I will not post here--well, I might)

If I could change it, I would. And I can. And I did, and now I regret it more than anything. (Something random)

All stories have an ending, but I was never good at those. So I guess I'll just leave here. (Also random)

stripedfly1001 | define yourself

Angela, n

"stripedfly1001"

1. Cat fanatic who would live in the wild if she could bring her computer with her
2. Writer of anything, anytime
3. Dreamer who loves aiming for the impossible, knowing that she'll never achieve anything
4. Hearing country music while becoming stressed by those "un-stress" coloring books.
5. Mind has a tendency to wander

Leaves

The box. The door. The crumbling brick. It begged me to enter.

I love watching the leaves swirl down on autumn nights. It makes my mistakes seem so much more bearable.

I discovered it in autumn. I was walking home because I'd forgotten my bike. There it stood. An old, enticing brick house.

She loved watching the leaves fall down at night. She promised that nature makes everything seem okay. She also promised that she'd never leave me.

Boxes can be deceiving. Never open them, no matter how much you feel like you should.

It really was a haunted house. But it was the only one I knew of that was made of brick.

She begged me not to go back. But I had to open that door.

It was spring by the time it flew out of the box. She never really liked...

#firstSWWPCthechallengebegins | unto dust

She smiled at me through her tears. Already her corporal form is beginning to fade. 
    "No," I whispered. "No, please don't go. No."
    Her fingers reached out and brushed mine. "I have to, Jose. I'm sorry. I love you."
    "No." My breath is strangled in my throat. "No, you don't have to. You can stay. You won't get hurt, I promise." So I'm lying. I don't care. I just want her here, with me. 
    "I'm sorry," she repeated. "But I belong up there."
    "And not with me," I responded bitterly. "Go ahead. Be with the angels--you are one after all. See what I care!"
    She bites her lip, and I knew that if she weren't already crying she would have started. "I can't stay in your realm, Jose," she whispered, still smiling gently.
    "I know," I muttered. "I don't care." But I do,...

Can you remember?

Can you remember...

when "adult situations" meant going to work and paying bills?
when how you dressed didn't matter?
when you only needed one friend to be happy?
when you didn't know that social media existed?
when you didn't understand what political parties were?
when you didn't realize how serious war was?
when "getting high" meant on the swings?
when the "popular kid" was the one who had the most pets?

I don't think our world can remember.

#TSESWC!WOW!

​For category #1--Write an ultra-short comedy, 50-75 words. 

"I can't do it. I know, we got them for this very purpose, but I just can't They don't deserve to be here, trapped by these four walls, doomed to suffer an impending fate. They should be free in the wild, for people to marvel at. No. I can't lead these innocents to their deaths. I don't care what will happen to me--I won't."

"Jason, put the damn bananas away already!"

"Sorry, mom!"

#TSESWC!WOW! | heart of glass

my reflection
it stares back
haunting
taunting me
I see a girl
her eyes are sad
and red
tears run down her face
it's not me
it can't be
I won't accept it

the mirror
it shows everything
nothing can hide
I can't hide
it always shows
what is buried
in your heart
because
it shows the truth
but only you 
can see it

it's cracked
but it still reflects
me
and my heart
my heart's broken too
it always has been
he just made it worse

another tear
this will never end
my reflection is in pieces
just like me
because the mirror is cracked
I cracked it
I broke myself and the mirror
I'm sorry
I didn't mean it
please

I could fix it
fix them both
but I won't
I can't make it pretty again
not me 
not the reflection
my heart 
and glass 
are similar

they are both so easy to see through and break

10 things I know about you

1) You have a computer
2) You are using said computer right now
4) You're wasting your time reading this
5) You didn't notice that there is no number three
7) You just checked to see if there is no number three
8) Where's number six?
9) You're now smiling because you fell for it so many times
10) Where's number one?
11) You believed me and went to check
12) You're smiling again
13) There were only supposed to be ten things :)

#icsgoshdarnsongchallange | road of life

CHORUS
and you walk your road and you take a step
every day and you just keep going
it can change, it can stay, sharp like a knife
you're walking down the road of your life

woke up today
night like water trickling away
the sun made it out
I know the moon is asking how

chorus

eat breakfast and then go and learn
these days never take a different turn
sit, stand, write and close
textbooks, eyes, and all your woes

chorus

drawing, writing, all the same
routine's okay, that's my game
feels boring but we all need
something the same to proceed

chorus

run to my room
pet the cat, clean and zoom
back downstairs, grab my hp
login, write, life's got no worries

chorus

Personal Essay Competition: Making Change 2018

The definition of change

change /CHānj/

verb
make or become different
take or use another instead of

noun 
the act or instance of making or becoming different
coins as opposed to paper currency

My definition:
to leave such a lasting impression as to make something different

Notice how that doesn't include change for good or for bad.

Change can help or hurt us. Or sometimes it can just happen. Sometimes it affects people on a large scale, and sometimes it's a little more personal. Small things can cause big changes, and things that seem to be a big deal may turn out to be less important than we think.

Some changes affect us, and others we don't even realize happened. Or sometimes we can just not care. 

In my life, I've seen quite a bit of change, from things going on in the political world to things at home. My opinions, beliefs, and trusts have shifted so drastically over these past few years that ...

#MyFormOfWriting Section A

Sacrifice (sakrəˌfīs)
noun
an act of slaughtering an animal or person or surrendering a possession as an offering to God or to a divine or supernatural figure.

verb
offer or kill as a religious sacrifice.

"The day had been normal. Kind of. Maybe. Is normal too harsh?"

"Yes."

"The day had been clustered with the likes of things that ought to cause any sane person to flee, screaming in terror."

"No. Too serious."

"The day had been... unusual. "

"Too vague."

"The day had been terrifying, exhilarating, painful, and the most... fearful one I have ever experienced."

"Maybe I should write it."

"No! I got this!"

"Okay, show me."

"Ahem. The day had been one of great loss, of turmoil and of fate."

"Now we're getting somewhere!"

"Alright, then. The day had been one of great loss, of turmoil and of fate. It had started normally, with the three of us--Jane, Julie, and I--on the beach. We were considering playing...

#15wordstories

If I could, I would lift the very mountains if only she'd look my way. 

Jude Miller

"Jude, the police want to speak with you."
    Jude's heart froze in her chest. No, they couldn't have... "What do they want?" she managed. 
    Her mother bit her lip. "Something about a boyfriend of yours--Mark. Honey, why didn't you tell us?"
    Jude sucked in a shaky breath. Her fingers were clenched so tightly together that her knuckles were turning white. "What did they say?"
    Her mother crossed the room and sat down on her bed. She grasped Jude's hands gently. "Sweetheart, I know that loss is painful. I know. But you should have told us."
    "I'm sorry!" Jude leaned forward and began to cry. "I'm sorry, I didn't mean to do it! I just..."
    "Hush." Her mother grabbed her gently by the shoulders. "It's okay. It's okay. But Jude, what do you mean, you didn't mean to do it?"
    "You don't know?"
    Jude's...

Lily the cat

So I got this writing book from the library, and it came with its own prompts, one of which is "write a piece so bad that it's funny." Naturally, I decided to try it out.

Lily is a cat. Lily is white and red and orange and yellow and she sleeps on the rug. Lily likes to chase mice because she is a cat and her paws are also white and she is a small cat but that's okay because it helps her to squeeze into small places like under the sofa. Lily eats cat food because she is a cat and she likes to eat cat food. Lily likes to be outside because she is a cat and cats like being outside because they are cats. 

Unconventional

Be Still

the trail
is beautiful
be still

hear the water
and the birds
see it

the grass
the earth that you walk on
that you rely on
that we share
feel it

the trails
carved by generations
we walk them now
we make them
we complete them
tread it

the moon and sun
the dark and light
the ones we need for warmth
know it

the harvest
the food
the growing
the bread, the nourishment
give thanks for it

the trail
is beautiful
be still

#cwcfirstcontest

We somehow performed a miracle and made everything go downhill synonymously.

It had all started on a beautiful fall morning. We were going to explore in the forbidden caves, as usual. Sandy was convinced that he would be the one to find it, even though generations of scientists have tried and failed. We went in, and there it was. The Crystal of Light. Legend had it that it could do whatever you wanted it to. 

So, Sandy picked it up, and the world was taken by aliens. Naturally. 

The end.  

Shadow Girl #ImpressMe

There are rumors about her. Some say that she is the victim of a murder, and her restless spirit must avenge herself before she can sleep peacefully. Some say she still haunts the town and house and people, waiting to drag others to her fate. Still others believe that she chose to remain in our realm--the mortal one--and haunt people because that is her Task. 
    I think--I know--that they're all wrong. If you're nice to her, she'll be nice to you.

She has straight black hair that reaches all the way down to her waist. It covers her eyes, too, but on the rare occasion that you see them, they're a deep black. A cold, starless black. She wears a black dress, too. It's floor-length and is frayed on the edges. It's all I've ever seen her wear. 
    Sometimes she appears in mirrors, gazing straight at you. Sometimes you can feel her...

#MyFormOfWriting Section A

Sacrifice (sakrəˌfīs)
noun

verb
offer or kill as a religious sacrifice.

"Yes."

"The day had been clustered with the likes of things that ought to cause any sane person to flee screaming in terror."

"No. Too serious."

"The day had been...unusual. "

"Too vague."

"The day had been terrifying, exhilarating, painful, and the most...fearful I have ever experienced."

"Maybe I should write it."

"No! I got this!"

"Okay, show me."

"Now we're getting somewhere!"

"Alright, then. The day had been one of great loss, of turmoil and of fate. It had started normally, with the three of us--Jane, Julie, and I--on the beach. We were considering playing pranks on the...

Unconventional

Be Still

the trail
is beautiful
be still

hear the water
and the birds
see it

the grass
the earth that you walk on
that you rely on
that we share
feel it

the trails
carved by generations
we walk them now
we make them
we complete them
tread it

the moon and sun
the dark and light
the ones we need for warmth
know it

the harvest
the food
the growing
the bread, the nourishment
give thanks for it

the trail
is beautiful
be still

Top 5 fandom ships

TOP FIVE FANDOM SHIPS 

#5
 Luxsoka (Ahsoka/Lux, Star Wars)

#4 Thomesa (Thomas/Teresa, The Maze Runner Trilogy)

#3 Zutara (Zuko/Katara, ATLA)

#2 Reylo (Rey/Kylo Ren, Star Wars) Actually, I don't ship them, but for some reason I like it. 

#1 Shamy (Sheldon/Amy, Big Bang Theory)

#cwcbucketprompt

You are a bucket.

No, scratch that, you're a pail.

Go to the doctor's, because you look a little "pale." Pail. Pale. Get it? No?

9/11--a day to remember

Today. Seventeen years ago today. 

1999

He shook his head drowsily. Bright lights drifted into the Dome, bouncing off the blue tinted glass. The air was cold, much colder than Mr. Elze ever kept it.
    Heh, thought Jamie to himself. Someone must've left the AC on. 
    Slowly he stretched his legs, pulling himself into a sitting position. Suddenly, realization hit him. I fell asleep! Hastily he scrambled off of the plastic bed? table? and got to his feet, swaying slightly. He felt slightly nauseous and light-headed--almost as though he had been electrocuted. Again.
    He is not going to be happy. Jamie headed for the door, worry pulsing though his skinny frame. Mr. Santoro was as strict as they could come, and any small mistake--especially slacking off--would not be taken lightly. True, Jamie hadn't exactly been asked to come here, but he hadn't said no, either. 
    Jamie finally reached the door and entered the code on the keypad. The metal slid open with...

10 Second Essays

Like glass

A smart man solves problems; a wise man avoids them.

If you never try you'll never know, but you might just survive the experience. 

If the unknown is considered impossible, then does our knowledge create the impossible?

Love is like glass; once broken, it can be replaced, but it will never be the same.

Tin Man#songtitlepoem

Honey, I know what it is
No knowing love
When you lose the thing you've missed
You'd wish that it been never heard of

Yeah, I know you want it
All you've got in your chest is a hole
Filled with cold and bricks
But love is so damn hard
Take it from me, darling
You don't want a heart

Your love may be non-existant
But you're free
Don't be so persistant
It's warm at first
But once you feel it break
You'll feel the pain of it's burst

Yeah, you ain't listening to me
Okay, I'll give mine
You take my heart, it's broken but fine

Hey Mr. Tin man, I'll make you a deal
You give me your armor
And I'll give you my heart

Death of a Flower

reaching for the sky
slowy growing
opening and seeing
breathing, stretching out
extending and finding

seen and smelled
admired, wished for, smiled at
plucked, taken
dipped in water

placed in glass
surrounded but shining
arranged, moved, touched
beauty in darkness

forgotten, thrown
wilted, dying, abandoned
taken out, replaced, colors changed to gray
duty came and went

Yep it's me again

Hey peeps! So my big sis is getting married today, and I ask you to keep her in your thought/prayers. 

Okay, that's all. 

Much love.
stripedfly1001

Environmental Writing Competition September 2018

One World

In a tiny town in Africa, a small, pretty, black-haired girl comes home to her mother. She smiles down at her daughter, and they go to bed hungry. Nothing has changed. 

In the United States, a black-haired girl sits at her kitchen table, pouting. Mom was buisily preparing dinner, but it wasn't good enough. "Hurry up!" The mother purses her lips. 

In Africa, a black-haired girl plays with a stick in the mud. A man wearing clean clothes comes up to her house and hands her mother a box. In it is food, a blond doll, and a pink sweater. The girl carries both with her as long as she can. 

In the United States, a black-haried girl sobs all the way to the donation center. The sweater is too small and the doll hasn't been used for years, but she doesn't want to give anything up. 

In Africa, a black-haired teenager studies at home, working hard and determined...

One World

Foxmillionaire prompt challenge #5--Q&A!

What is a book you want to see made into a movie? Are there any changes you would make? 
Definetly The Silver Chair. Changes I don't think are necissary, but if that's what it takes to make this movie, then so be it.

If you could pick one fictional character to be your friend who would it be? 
Probably Firestar from Warriors. I'm sorry, I'm in love with cats and some of his scenes...yeah.

What are some goals you have. Any dream jobs? 
Goals: get my book(s?) published, get accepted for a scholarship I want to apply to, pass my chem exam. Dream jobs: author, maybe psychologist. 

Pick a story that you've written and a character from that story. Now tell us who would be the perfect actor or actress to play them judging by the actor's looks and or voice/personality. 
There's this actress, Malina Weissman. I think she would be perfect for Skyler from one of my stories...

Foxmillionare prompt 9

Foxmillionare writing prompt #9--write a fanfiction. 

Star Wars

"Let them go, Snoke."
Luke Skywalker spoke each word slowly, deliberately, meaning every bit of it. He forced himself to let go of emotion, but that was getting harder to do by the moment.
It's her.
Raiah.
He could sense the other one's presence too - Jossen's - but it didn't sing as brightly with the Force, didn't call to him like a light in the dark. A single, pure, beautiful ray of light in this whole, thick, slimy darkness.
Focus
Luke took in a deep breath, and then repeated his request. "Let them go. It's me you want."
Snoke grinned ghoulishly, skin glowing an eerie, sickly pale. "It's been so long, my friend. So long."
Luke's throat tightened unexpectantly. "We're not friends." He spat out the word vehemently , eyes narrowed in disgust.
Snoke smiled sinisterly and slowly sauntered up to the Jedi, who took a pace backwards. "I see...

#Howitfelt

Always have to be the best
No excuses--you can do it!
But you never give me any rest
Always have to bite and grit

What's that? You only got an A?
Why not an A+?
I'm disappointed, I have to say
It's not like we expect much

No, you can be perfect
You're better than them all
(But that's not true, I can defect,
Why must I stand tall? )

Be the star, never fail
Can't than number one
No, you cannot bail
(Your hell has just begun)

#Seance

Lilly rubbed her eyes tiredly, yawning. Opening her eyes, she saw grasses flowing above her head, covered by a wide blue sky dotted with white, puffy clouds. How pretty, she thought to herself drowsily. 

Wait...

Why was she sleeping outside?

Lilly jolted upright, all tiredness temporarily forgotten. She stood up shakily, squinting. The field of grass extended to as far as she could see. A little gray mouse scurried past her. 

Looking around, she breathed a sigh of relief. She was in the field just left of the highschool--only a fifteen minute walk from her house. Pausing to stretch her back, she began to forge a trail between the grass. Lilly racked her brain, trying to remember why she had decided to take a nap in a field of all places. Finally, she decided that she had probably come over to write as usual, then fallen asleep. 

Glancing at her watch, she began to run faster. It was 7:30--she...

#rwisdomcontest

I never thought I'd end up here. Again. And yet here I am, carefully laying down crimson red flowers on the stones that she lay beneath.  

Once, when we were sitting together on the beach, she had looked up at me from where she lay on the sand. "I like red flowers," she said. "Dark red ones." 

I had laughed. "And why are you bringing this up?"

She bit her lip. "You remember, when mom-"

"Yeah."

"Well, she said that she wanted to be buried next to a river."

I swallowed, already knowing where she was getting at. "I don't think that you should worry about this now."

She looked at me directly in the eyes. "When I die, I want flowers. Red ones."

Not two months earlier, we had been sitting together on a muddy river bank, making paper cranes like mom had taught us how. We sat there for hours, maybe days. I don't know. I still don't....

#Eclipse

Sun and moon. The dark Lord of night, the Queen of day. Lady of darkness, King of light. Revolving around the same center, the earth. Giving it light, a greater one to rule the day, a lesser one to rule the night. One controlling the waves, the other growth. 

So similar, and yet two celestial bodies could never be more different. One touches the black part of the soul, the other brightens a room through a glass window. 

Do they love each other? They have never said, only continued to circle and revolve. They never stop, never ask questions. Just keep moving. 

Opposites attract. But they are similar--they feed life. In different ways. Maybe they are different. 

Do they love each other? 

Secrets are never told. If they said, they wouldn't be so beautiful. 

Help!!!!

Guys, I need help.

I found a scholarship that offers 50k, 20k, and 10k for college, which is great. There is a literature category too, which is even better. But I have a problem.

I need to write roughly 120,000--140,000 words, a very terrifying amount. And the work needs to include fiction, nonfiction, and poetry. Does anyone have any tips on how to write this much? Or on how to develop a plot, or how to focus on writing, or anything?

Thank you, God bless.

--stripedfly1001

#startingsentencecontest--and the winner is...

Hello world! My friend and I have decided on who wins the #startingsentencecontest!!! I'd like to give a big shout out to everyone who participated--I wish that I could pick more winners! All of your pieces were absolutely amazing--and I'm not just saying that to make you feel good. Also, big shout out to Catlover, who came up with the idea of having contests in the first place. And now, for the moment you've all been waiting for...

FIRST PLACE FOR THE REGULAR STORY CONTEST: LackingASocialLife's piece

SECOND PLACE: RainAndSonder's piece

THIRD PLACE: muppet's piece

HONORABLE MENTION: rosemarywisdom's piece. (Technically she couldn't win because her piece was under 500 words, but it was really amazing.)

FIRST PLACE FOR THE POETRY CONTEST: omicron7889's piece

SECOND PLACE: SomeFormOfWriting's piece

THIRD PLACE: Mona Ster's piece

And there were no prose pieces, so that's it. Congratulations, winners!! Here are the prizes--

FIRST PLACE: a follow (if I don't already), likes on twenty...

SECOND PLACE: RainAndSonder's piece

THIRD PLACE: muppet's piece

SECOND PLACE: SomeFormOfWriting's piece

THIRD PLACE: Mona Ster's piece

This I Believe

I believe

Love? What is it? An emotion that can either make you the happiest being alive, or destory your will from the inside. A beautiful dream, or a deadly poison.

Its flame never dies, but rather than warm someone, it can cause burns and scars. Those who have been touched by its flames know--never trust love.

True love never dies. Even if it has shunned you out, there will always be more, whether in this life or the next. This I believe. 

Soundless

I know that he said
never to go back
but I couldn't
just stand and let
you fade away

your please for help
they still ring in my ears
your outstretched hand
please, please
this pulling in my heart
say that you feel it too

he laughed, I know
but that doesn't mean this is over
I'll find you
I promise
but until then 
to my ears
your words will be soundless

#startingsentencecontest--deadline tomorrow!

Hey guys!

The #startingsentencecontest is ending tomorrow at midnight EST--be sure to publish your work by then! You can find more details here. Judging will be done and winners will be announced on Saturday. I know that the deadline was really short but c'mon guys, if you can be reading this then you have time to write. REMINDER--works must be a minimum of 500 words. If you have previously published a piece for this contest, go check it to make sure it meets the word limit.  Can't wait to see any works that have yet to be published!

The best,
stripedfly1001

#ValentineValentine

Love (noun)
an intense feeling of deep affection

Cupid is the classic human embodiment of love. An adorable chubby baby that dresses in pink, with silver wings and a bow that literally shoots out love. A symbol of pure happiness, joy, and ecstasy. But it also means something else. 

Cupid has a bow. A bow with deadly sharp arrows that he can shoot to whomever he wants to. A harmful, poisonous, painful reminder that true love is only as good as those who give it.

Love is not kind. It is not nice. It plays games, comes and goes as it pleases. It can strike you in the heart, beat you to a bloody pulp, but it will always keep you alive to feel the pain. 

Cupid is love in a human form. An innocent, deadly little baby that can kill in the most painful way possible. 

Once upon a never Chp 6

#SurlyWombatHasAContest

You and me
push and pull
caged and free
heartbreak and love

Together and lost
find me, forgotten
yin and yang
black and white
dark and clear

life, death
wanting both, having none
you left, I stayed
I cried, you laughed
In my face, far away
I pleaded, you turned 

lonely, come back
night, day
wish, never hoping
strong, weakening

I was ice
you were my fire
you melted me into water

#44Home

One night, I did regular night things. I took a shower, put on pajamas, brushed my hair and teeth, pet my cat, stayed up way too late reading, then went to bed. It was Saturday.
    In the morning, I woke up first, as usual. I liked (and still like) to wake up around seven and go watch TV while everyone else is asleep. This particular Sunday morning, however, was different...
    For a couple of days now, my older sister had been talking to me about running away, I had honestly thought she was joking...until I saw the note on the counter.
    Two weeks ago, she had snuck away at night and gone out with some friends, but she didn't truly run away. The note she left then read--

I went to hang out be back whenever
-Miriam
P.S. I took mum's phone.

The note she left on December 27, 2015 was very different.

Dear whoever is...