Screenshot 20180603 110030

Anha

dreaming of goddesses, sunflowers and italian sunshine.

write free, SomeFormOfWriting
miss you, LackingASocialLife
go be great, paperbird

every heaven has a hell under its surface.

just reminding y'all posting weird political propaganda: i'm gay, i'm agnostic, i'm pro-choice and anti-gun. so basically everything you conservatives hate :)))

don't review my pieces unless you have actual feedback for me. i'm sick of getting single sentence reviews with no comments or highlights.

lowercase is intentional.

Peer Reviews

#imagineit the first horseman

i know i commented on this piece when you first wrote it, but i stumbled on it again for some reason, and knew i had to give a review after i picked up on a small grammatical error.

My kind of Story | #raincontest

i really think i have to say you've outdone yourself this time. this is an absolutely brilliant piece, and i know i've been using those two compliments a lot in this review, but only because your writing has shocked the vocabulary out of me. if you can write this well in just a few weeks, imagine where you'll be in a few months. your writing is improving with more expediency than anyone i've ever seen; i'm honoured to be your mentor (of sorts).

trivial details like namesakes

i knew from the second i saw this piece i would have to review it. sorry it took so long! the story behind your name is powerful and gives me a sense of exactly who you are, and your vivid descriptions make me feel as if i've lived through those rainstorms with you, trodden that orange dust road. absolutely brilliant in every sense and synonym. if i could like a piece multiple times, this would definitely be one that i would like again and again and again. wonderful work!!

BLUE APOCALYPSE

i absolutely loved this when i took the time to read it. i'm going to be honest, the all caps title was a bit daunting but this piece was brilliant once i got into it. i can't wait to see whether you can top this!!

some girls

this was a lovely piece, a pleasure to read, and i think you could even expand on this concept to make a series of poems that you update regularly. to write regularly is a good practice, and with such subject matter that you seem to enjoy writing, i don't think it would be as strenuous an exercise compared to writing something that you hated week after week. great work, your love for the moon is shared by many.

Survivor

i hope this feedback is useful to you. you have real potential for excellent writing, and i can tell you have a wide vocabulary but are unsure where to use it sometimes. the more you write, the easier it will be to make these kinds of distinctions without much effort. a good piece to start off your wtw journey.

what they did wrong

poetry seems to come easier to you than descriptive prose, so i think you should capitalise on that innate ability to create more amazing pieces like this. it's a pleasure to review your work, to analyse the metaphors and analogies that you string in a line, help you improve on lines that perhaps are not so strong. keep writing! if rainandsonder complimented you, you're doing something right.

A bittersweet synopsis

a compelling and engaging piece, definitely the best you've written so far. keeping going! i can see how you're improving even here.

PTSD

interesting content matter, and way of writing about it, avoiding mentioning the trauma itself but the effects of it on the human psyche. a few things to touch up, but nothing too major.

starbound - chapter 1

This is more than presentable, are you kidding me? If you can manage to make this better than it already is, I'll be impressed. Keep at it!

One Last Time: CHAPTER 19

If I had to choose a chapter, I think this has been my favourite installment yet! Luke's prowess when planning war and Aaron's respect for Cara's positive outlook on life through looking at the stars were stunning ways to make this chapter stand out to me. I can't wait to see more!

One Last Time: CHAPTER 18

This Cara mystery is KILLING ME. Coupled with the fact that Greg is a proven imposter and spy, I really want to know her side of the story now.

One Last Time: CHAPTER 17

So Cara's a merc! Fun little character detail, and I can't wait to see how this plays out.

let me go #contestfor69

Overall, a great entry.

One Last Time: CHAPTER 16

There were a lot of nice contrasts in this chapter between the two characters just talking it out with no pretending. I thought that the straight talk with Luke and Aaron really helped to renew some kind of relationship that still remains between them. As usual, I agree with Luke's perspective, but Aaron's opinion and reflection of the deaths in his family also adds a lot to the chapter. Really curious about what Cara's whole deal is now...

One Last Time: CHAPTER 15

Aaron's play-nice attitude is really starting to become apparent. It's really interesting to see how he deals with Luke is also how he deals with his own doubts. A little confused about where Cara went at the end, but if the next chapter follows it up, it shouldn't be a problem.

To the Leaders who Threaten Nuclear War

This is an incredibly impactful poem, and I loved every second of it. I hope you'll write more pieces that faced the world like this. Amazing job!

One Last Time: CHAPTER 14

I loved this chapter! I don't know what it was about it, but it flowed so easily from part to part. Can't wait for the next installment.

One Last Time: CHAPTER 13

Luke and Aaron need to (pardon my French) get their shit together and confront each other I swear to god Jessica and Cara are the only capable ones here. Also, this little side mystery with Jessica has got me worried...

Wrenching Spanners

This is a clear, succinct poem that compares the plight of students to machinery that can be easily fixed. I love the analogies and metaphors you used in this piece, and addressing the fact that the people in charge won't bother to change the way things are because they aren't facing the consequences of their actions. Amazing piece!

Wraiths of the Moon: Chapter 1

Perhaps add a few more clues that she knows where she is in the beginning of the chapter. It's a little confusing, so even just saying that she passes her father's portrait as she runs would make a lot more sense. Characters are a bit lackluster, and you would benefit from a bit more emotional storytelling through thoughts (but not directly). And another part that I'm unsure about it that wraith is just gone? Hanging out outside? Not smashing buildings or anything? That's unusual for a fictional monster. A great first attempt, and I'll be sure to read the next chapters.

One Last Time: CHAPTER 12

This chapter brings a lot more attention to the person Cara was, something that isn't really addressed by previous chapters, other than that she's a strong fighter. She's honest without being brash, and calm without having her head in the clouds. A stark contrast to the "Cara" we see with *wheeze* GREG.

abstract one: death

Just some punctuation and spelling errors, nothing too drastic. I enjoyed reading this, keep writing!

One Last Time: CHAPTER 11

Oof, I'm hooked on this conspiracy with "Cara" and Greg (I bet that isn't even his real name) and how Aaron deals with the knowledge that Greg is dealing under the table and trying to manipulate Mira. Keep up the good work! p.s. how on earth do you get these chapter out so quick?

One Last Time: CHAPTER 10

1. Which do you think is a better King/Prince, Luke or Aaron? (Why?) Luke's going to be a better king, for sure. When his father is dead and he can change things, I believe that he will, if his internal dialogue is any indication. I feel like he will try to change the system once his father is no longer forcing his ideals, since Luke's basically the strongest around, right? So who's going to challenge him? Practically speaking, Aaron is a good man, but not a good ruler. As the movie Black Panther once said, "You are a good man. With a good heart. And it is hard for a good man to be king." Being king means making sacrifices, and Aaron isn't capable of that right now. While I appreciate the concern he shows for his subordinates and the citizens of his kingdom, he's not thinking rationally, he's thinking emotionally. 2. Whose morals/ideals do you agree with more? (Why?) Oof, this one's tough. I don't know which one I *agree* with per say, though I *understand* both of their morals and ideals. Luke is acting on self-preservation. In the moments where he learned to think independently of the way his father raised him, he is rational and sees that things are not right, but he cannot change them as he is right now. Neither can he show any outward form of rebellion, or risk torture or even death, which would change nothing. With Aaron it's different. He was brought up with a caring, loving family, that all died and left him in a position of power and responsibility that he's obviously not ready for. What his motives are, I'm not quite sure, but he's so impulsive, I don't know if I trust his judgement, and his "no one understands me" attitude. So, tldr; even though Aaron hates to kill, and Luke has killed many, but not for his own reasons, I'm going to have to say I side with Luke on this one. 3. Whose thoughts do you relate to more? Hmm, probably Aaron's, though I don't like to admit it. I've got to say, I'm a bit more cynical that he is, but being a position of power at such a young age, I'm sure I'd be having similar thoughts to him if I were in his shoes. I don't like to make tough decisions, but eventually I think Aaron will have to learn to like I did, whether he likes it or not. 4. Whose perspective do you think is written better? (Why?) Do I have to answer this? Because honestly both sides of the story are equally stunning, I'm just drawn to the difficulties that Luke has to face more than those of Aaron. Maybe if Aaron's war council had been introduced earlier, we could have seen some more tough decision making that shows the weight of Aaron's position and those around him? 5. Which character is written best? (Why?) I don't think that there's specifically a character that's been written "best", but I commend you for not making the dark character and emo teenager, and not making the sunshine child carefree and happy all the time. All of your characters have genuine worries and concerns, but I think the best use of character driven plot was the scene where Jessica was crying her heart out to the boys about not always being able to smile while they treated her like shit. That was powerful, and it really hit home and I felt like that was a realistic reaction. 6. Who is your favorite character? (Why?) J E S S I C A. MY GIRL. She's such a powerful support to Luke, yet still a good and trusted friend of Aaron's, and never loses her cool, looking at things rationally, but able to make decisions based off instinct and heart as well. I've got to say though, Luke's growing on me. He tries so hard to fight against a person that he seems himself becoming but doesn't want to be. And what can I say? Black hair and blue eyes is a nice combination. 7. What specifics would you like addressed later on in the book? Who on EARTH was that other Cara girl way back in like chapter 4?? Who's the spy in the Aveni castle?? Also I feel like Luke kills people a lot and just gets away with it. What's his excuse to his father as to why he killed their own soldiers? Did it work? 8. What do you think is going to happen (not just next, but throughout the entire book)? We find out who the spy is - who is either also formerly from Viribus, part of Aaron's council, or someone we've never met before and gets some serious page time (like screen time, but with a story lmao). The war between Avens and Opulentia obviously goes ahead (no matter how good friends they are/used to be, this thing's going to happen no matter what, I can feel it). Cara's death is explained (and I swear to god if she came back to life I don't know how I'm going to feel cos it doesn't really feel like that kind of story?) and hopefully new Cara as well.

Talk to the Night

Um, excuse you? This is the opposite of shite? This is like... beautiful? Amazing? FREAKING TALENT AND A PAINTBRUSH IN WORD FORM??

the furies lullaby

A stunning piece - the very definition of poetry. Keep writing!

One Last Time: CHAPTER 9

Would you ever write another story in this universe from different character's perspectives?

#rwisdomcontest

It felt like it was lacking some substance, could have been a little longer, a bit more description than just dialogue. Other than that, a valiant effort. Well done!

One Last Time: CHAPTER 8

Sorry I took so long for this review, I've been juggling school work, but seeing a new upload for this series always makes my day! Keep it up!

One Last Time: CHAPTER 7

Ok, so my internet shorted out and my entire review DID NOT SAVE so tldr; my entire original review disappeared, I love this piece, don't ever stop writing.

One Last Time: CHAPTER 6

This chapter was so heartfelt and raw, I loved every second of it. Please grant my wish and give Jessica happiness.

The Legends of Old

I love your twisted dark pieces, and this is no exception. It's no wonder you won the award for poetry!

The Devil Himself

Overall, this is an interesting story, and once you've fixed some things up, I'd like to review it again.

Jealousy

If you don't get good marks I will be surprised. Good job!

One Last Time: CHAPTER 5

I'M BACK I'm going to leave as many reviews on this series as I can until you hate me If you haven't noticed I love you story Sorry if some of this stuff isn't a real review and more just commenting and ranting about the story, I really feel like I'm in for the ride.

One Last Time: CHAPTER 4

I'm so happy whenever you update this story, thank you actually for continuing this as long as you have. It really makes my day.

The silent streets

PROMPT: "There is the wind."

Please keep writing more pieces like this, I am in love with your writing.

One Last Time: CHAPTER 3

If you could do the character drabbles for each character in the story, that could be fun.

One Last Time: CHAPTER 2

I can't wait for future installments, I'm so invested in these characters now. Please! Write! Updates! I love your writing!

One Last Time: PROLOGUE

So now I know who the other girl is... it's Cara...? I'm really invested in this now

One Last Time: CHAPTER 1

This is an amazing fantasy setting, and I love the stark differences between Luke and Aaron as children. I'm going to review all of your other chapters now, this is too good.

In Day

A great poem, as always. When are you going to post your narratives?

Waves

PROMPT: "A Map of Lost Things"

I love this piece, it's honestly one of the most creative and thought out uses of environment I've seen in forever. Keep it up!

Save Me

As usual, your grammar and spelling and punctuation need work. (That's why you have me lmao) But it's still pretty good poetry and I've always loved fairy tales, no matter how dark.

To Dare Truth

Kickass work, I couldn't expect any less from an amazing writer like you. Keep it up!

Playing Doctor

Overall, a beautiful piece, as always. I always look forward to your work.

in the shadows

PROMPT: Personal Narrative Competition 2018

The description of environment was excellent, and the setting was well executed. This seemingly minuscule experience has been made so much more meaningful through the exploration of the emotions of a girl longing for something she knows she can never have, not for lack of trying. Just a question, what was it meant to mean when you said that she wasn't an angel, that she couldn't be if- and she cuts herself off. I feel like that moment is a bit unclear.

Elements

God, I can't stop reading this. The metaphors and similes, the descriptions that seem so vague but yet so right. The last line of each number relating to the element that is assigned. It's a beautiful poem of love and loss, and one can only hope that you find someone whose heart writes this kind of poem for you. You are incredibly brave, and intelligent, and capable of everything you know you are and more.