_TJNR@cheshire_

My name is Talise and I write to express myself. I believe that everyone should have a voice even someone like me who is just 13. Please do not judge me by my age as that would be highly primitive and extremely rude:)

Write Free

In the words of Oscar Wilde...
"Be yourself because everyone else is taken."
I strive to be a valuable, approachable and inspirational member of write the world so please feel free to ask me anything you like, don't be shy :)
I appreciate any feedback, comments and reviews, positive or constructive!
Thank you!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Love yourself, the world around you and feel free to be you!

P.S. If you would like to contact me outside of WTW my email is rosemary.n.sage9@gmail.com and my IG is @_talise65_

The fire

The fire 
it burns holes through hearts
and disintegrates memories into nothing but ash
there is nothing left of what I have known 
and there is no future 
trapped
encased by the livid flames
licking at the heels of the innocent
many escape
but not enough
the smoken skies cloud any possibility of vision
and this encasing smoke chokes all within its reach
the fallen lay withered and anhydrous 
horror fills every eye
emotions melt into oblivion
recovery on the horizon 
but there is no hope for our kind
before we know it there will be nothing left of this earth
but there is no ‘other planet’
no plan ‘b’
nowhere to run 

We burn

#HomoSapiensStory

the end 
what has it come to
a spiral of despair
what once remained 
is no longer there

whether a death or life
an opening or close
the final chapter
is more stated than proposed

an end of an era
or beginning  of a new
indicating loss
in one way or two 

In anyway
debated or not
the end is the end
And by the human race this shall not be forgot 

The broken promises

the broken promises
kill me silently

a thousand thank you's I owe
unrepaid

tears tumble from my eyes clumsily
for hope was forever lost

the broken promises
get to you

don't make the same mistakes
as I did long ago

Writing comp winners announced!

Hi everyone
I know this has been a long time coming but I am finally going to announce the winners of my writing competition!
Once again I would like to thank everyone who participated and supported me in doing this and just say that everyone's a winner even if they didn't get put in the top three. Below I will include everyone who entered and the "prizes" they have won.

Okay let's get started

3rd prize
This person's piece kept me reading with their intriguing logs and descending insanity.
Congratulations to Anha with their entry of Isolation! You have won third prize and a review. Please include your selected piece for my review below.

2nd prize
This person's piece left me on the edge of my seat, thirsty for more. I am super curious and excited *Chapter 2?*
Congratulations to rosemarywisdom with their entry of ummm well actually it doesn't say the name but anyway. You have won second prize and 2 reviews....

#ICBYShortStory

"I can't believe you," the woman said clinging onto her child as tight as she could "What happened to standing by my side at all times?"
The young man standing across from her was silent, he had an impatient look on his face, merciless. "By what have I deserved this?" the woman cried in desperation, "You can't do this, please... don't do this" "The time has come," the man said with a hollow expression. The woman was now sobbing and shrieking exasperated "Please, PLEASE, what about the child, our child?" "What may of the child, they are only further evidence, with both of you gone I shall rule without fear of being banished from my own province" the wind had picked up hollering, the man dragged the lady to the rim of the castle rooftop, which she had spent many a day looking over out onto the glorious escarpment "PLEASE!!" the woman let out an earsplitting plead, and with one swift movement the...

The last goodbye of few

Goodbye SomeFormOfWriting  you will be missed dearly and never forgotten xxx TJNR@cheshire

Joy filled my body with warmth and happiness, a tear spilt from my eye trickling down my cheek. I knew this was going to be the last goodbye of few. Alas, they were off for a life of adventure, filled with better things, foraging there way through it, for I couldn't do it for them. But I couldn't shake that small guilty feeling inside me beckoning them to stay. So with a feirce smile on my face, we hugged and I waved my last goodbye of many.

I'M SORRY!!!

Okay, so to all people out there I just want to apologise, I have been soooooo busy lately and have so many things to do. So, that means that all my writing competition stuff and Shawards are slightly delayed, but on the way. Anyway, back to the point, I wanted to dedicate this page to people who I said I'd review their piece or haven't gotten back to them and so on and would like anyone who has experienced this to come forth and tell me, so I can keep track, get to it and most importantly personally apologise. So cmon everybody get commenting and I'll be back on top of things in no time!

Sincerely sorry, _TJNR@cheshire_

Update (important)

Hi everyone 
I just wanted to announce that contest entries are closing for my Island prompt. If you have already entered that's fantastic and I highly appreciate it! If you haven't and would like to please let me know in the comments and tell me when you think you'll be done. If this is your first time hearing of it then please go and check it out, I currently don't have enough entries to announce 3 winners and think that's unfair to those who worked really hard on theirs. Please take this into consideration. Thank you all so much!

_TJNR@cheshire_'s writing competition!

HI EVERYONE/ no one
(Sorry for all of you that have already seen this post but I am just trying to get more people on board. If you have already read all of this and you like the idea please share it with as many people as possible!)
Lately I have noticed a lot of people doing writing competitions and thought it was a really cool and fun thing to do so here I am with my first writing competition for all of you on WTW. Please participate if you would like and enjoy!

Here are a few conditions and details:
.You have to have the piece from your main characters perspective the whole way through
. You must notify me in the comments when you finish your piece.
. It can't be a poem.
. The due date is the 18th of October (please tell me if this is unreasonable)
. If there are enough submissions then I will...

Quotes to brighten your day (Compilation 1)

The trick is to enjoy life. Don't wish away your days, waiting for better ones ahead. - Majorie Pay Hinckley

When something goes wrong in your life just yell "Plot twist!" and move on. 

When you can't find the sunshine be the sunshine! 

You can't start the next chapter of your life if you keep rereading the last one. 

The grass is greener where you water it. 

Be who you are and say what you feel because those who mind don't matter and those who matter don't mind. 

To make someone smile is the greatest gift in life to those who say "why not?"! -Me 

IMPORTANT INFO!!!

Hi everyone I just wanted to remind you all that my writing competition is still open for entries! I repeat I am extending the due date by 2 days, so that means it is now the 20th. If you are interested please contact me. This is the link to the details;_TJNR@cheshire_'s writing competition!. Thanks!!

My super duper totally original 5th ever Shawards!

(Sorry this is really late I was just really busy with work this week.)
Hi everyone this is my 5th Shawards ever! Thank you for following through this far! You guys are really the people that make posts like this happen. So... THANK YOU SOOOO MUCH!!!! If this is your first time seeing the Shawards please go and check the other ones out too; My super duper totally original second ever Shawards!My super duper totally original first ever Shawards!My super duper totally original fourth ever Shawards! and My super duper totally original third ever Shawards!, you never know you could have been mentioned. If this is your first time seeing my Shawards the explanation of what it is is down below...

( Shawards as in sort of shout-outs sort of awards but not necessarily either.)
I am doing Shawards now, mainly just because I can and I feel like if I can manage to brighten at least one person's day or even...

Silence is laughing part 5

I suspiciously scan the area around me, being careful that there is no one in the F ward corridor. It is quiet and empty except for an old whimpering man behind the curtain next to me and a seven-year-old across the hall that's fast asleep, bedridden. I slowly stand this time keeping in mind what Gabrielle the nurse said and reach up to grasp the drip stand that connects me to a fluids bag. Rushing into a wobbly pace I head down the corridor to where I assume reception is. When I am sure no ones watching, I sprint, hobbling down the F ward corridor.
When I finally reach reception I find it abandoned. I ring the small gold bell on the desk and wait patiently........ after several minutes I walk around the front counter to see if anyone's in the room behind it.
"Hello" I coo, pausing to no answer "Hello if anyone's here I would appreciate.." walking further into the room small...

You might want to read this

First of all I just really wanted to thank all of you on write the world who are really helping to make it a safe and friendly space for everyone to share their ideas. This is really valuable to me. So to thank you, you can put down under 3 things for me to read or review and I will do so as soon as possible. Please feel free and don't be ashamed of putting 3 down because I really want to do this.... and I am really bored. It is fine if you see this like a month after it was published and comment. I really like that because then the comments are spread out. This is an ongoing thing, as long as it's published you may put down suggestions.
Thank you!!!

Silence is laughing part 4

"That was quite a fall," the nurse bandaging me seems to have noticed that I have come to " Why being connected up to all those machines, I'm surprised your alive considering your previous condition"
"What was my previous condition?" I manage to utter trying to sit up "You mustn't try anything like that again, lie back down Ms Athreal, your not doing anything but causing harm" said the nurse in her pale blue uniform completely avoiding Skye's question. Another nurse wearing a similar but darker uniform popped her head through the gap in the curtains
"Dr Lial will see you now Ms Athreal, Gabrielle" she said gesturing to her colleague "You are needed in the C ward immediately" "What now!?" sighed the nurse exhausted "It's Mr Valantelo" said the nurse with the darker uniform retreating back into the buzz of the hospitals corridors "Not again!" Murmured Gabrielle, still bandaging my ankle "Well I must be going Ms Athreal but...

My super duper totally original fourth ever Shawards!

Hi everyone this is my 4th Shawards ever! Thank you for following through this far! You guys are really the people that make posts like this happen. So... THANK YOU SOOOO MUCH!!!! If this is your first time seeing the Shawards please go and check the other ones out too; My super duper totally original second ever Shawards!My super duper totally original first ever Shawards! and My super duper totally original third ever Shawards!, you never know you could have been mentioned. If this is your first time seeing my Shawards the explanation of what it is is down below...

I am doing Shawards now, mainly just because I can and I feel like if I can manage to brighten at least one person's day or even make them smile its worth it so get ready for_TJNR@cheshire_'s fourth Shawards ever! Before I start I would like to acknowledge who started the...

Foxmillionare's 25 question Q and A

WARNING: contains very cringe worthy answers and may be subject to cliche sentences!

1. If you could swap personalities with anyone who would you swap with? 
No one, I am quite happy with my own thanks!

2. What is your style in clothing? 
My style; it's really hard to explain and tends to be fairly unpredictable. I grew up in a country "hippie" town and that was my parents style too, although now I sort of live in a city and wear some things considered "fashionable" but really I think the most important thing is to stick with your own style and what you like.

3. What are 10 things you want to learn how to do? 
(I already know how to do most of things but I mean like to be really good at them)
Cheerleading
Interior designing
Hairdressing 
Makeup artistry 
Singing 
Tae kwan doe 
Anything gymnastics or dancing involved
Photography
Writing
How to be amazing (oh wait I...

#missingavowel

"Pick!" I screeched confronting Rose. "Pick now! I will not continue doing this to myself!" Rose stumbles, trying to reverse out of the thin street, skirt under ruby heel she dives for the ground in shock, her skin merely bruised by the rough concrete. "Trying to dodge this Rose? Is this too much for you?" I mock
"Go! Go Henry, let me be! Don't you get it?, I love Tom not you! Yet you linger, involve yourself in everything I do! Won't you....won't you just live your own life!" Rose wildly springs onto her feet only to be knocked over by the monstrous, forceful person in front of her.
"Let Rose be." interrupts Tom "So look who joined us" Henry smiles widely "I forgot you where here, not difficult to, though" Tom throughs his fist only to be intercepted by Henry, his knuckles squeezing tight. Blood spills onto their body's while they continue to fight, Rose receding into the colourless...

Silence is laughing part 1

I look out the window of Clarina's Subaru Forester onto the snow blanket which covers any land for miles. Gaps between the snow signify the trunks of large pine trees and a ring of their fine needles lay on the snow around them. I wish to open the window to check for any woodland life, although it is far too deep into winter to think of doing such a thing. The AC is turned up to the highest setting, although my insides feel as cold as they have ever been. I am experiencing guilt. Fortunately, this is the first I've had of such a feeling, so I have never been severely affected by it. I notice Clarina's warm laughter fill the car followed by a question possibly directed towards me.
"Pardon?" I reply innocently. "I was just wondering Skye, if you would like a hot chocolate we're about 10 miles from an inn that I used to go to when I...

#cwcrandomq&a

1. What TV show did you watch as a kid (e.g. were you a My Little Pony type, a Phineas and Ferb type, etc.)
I watched pretty much anything on disney, nickelodeon or cartoon network; Spongebob, icarly, Victorious, Sam and Cat, Liv and Maddie etc.

2. Should pineapple be on pizza? 
This one is questionable like I am okay with pineapple on pizza and I do not resent pineapple in any way I would just prefer pizza without it.( I used to strongly object to pineapple on pizza but now that I have gotten used to it it's fine.) 

3. If there must be a word limit on a prompt/contest, what is your favourite length to write? 
Well I normally prefer word limits to be as open ended as possible; I be like I can write whatever I want! Although I do think it is more challenging to have a word limit and challenge is good right, so I would...

My super duper totally original third ever Shawards!

Hi everyone this is my 3rd Shawards ever! Thank you for following through this far! You guys are really the people that make posts like this happen. So... THANK YOU SOOOO MUCH!!!! If this is your first time seeing the Shawards please go and check the other ones out too; My super duper totally original second ever Shawards! and My super duper totally original first ever Shawards! , you never know you could have been mentioned. If this is your first time seeing my Shawards the explanation of what it is is down below...

I am doing Shawards now, mainly just because I can and I feel like if I can manage to brighten at least one person's day or even make them smile its worth it so get ready for_TJNR@cheshire_'s third Shawards ever! Before I start I would like to acknowledge who started the shout-outs and writing awards, whoever that may be and...

Silence is laughing part 3

I wake up startled, large sweat beads dripping down off my forehead onto the stark white sheets wrapped around my fragile body. I shoot up into a sitting postion and observe the area around me. I am propped up on a large gurney, blue hospital curtains surround the bed joined by 2 plain cabinets. I glance up and behind me and just make out my name scrolled in messy docters writing on a colourless hanging whiteboard. The first and most obvious thing I figure, is that I am in a hospital, the second much less obvious is why? The last thing I realise is that I must investigate, find someone possibly around the... I glance backwards again.... F ward apparently. I slide off the gurney and slip into the uggboots which have been placed strategically under the bed. I go to stand but my legs give way and the next thing I know I am sprawled across the cold brown...

Foxmillionares Q and A prompt

#1 What is a book you want to see made into a movie? Are there any changes you would make?
I would love to see the book Graceling by Kristen Cashore in movie form. I really enjoyed reading the book, so as long as they stayed true to it I don't have any objections.    

#2 If you could pick one fictional character to be your friend who would it be?
 This is soooo hard I read so many books but I am yet to find a true friend.

#3 What are some goals you have. Any dream jobs?
Jobs I am interested in include; Hairdressing, Makeup artist, Personal stylist, Singer, Psychologist, Interior design, something to do with Childcare and other than that I am kind of still finding my way in life. (I would say writer but I like writing without pressure, without deadlines, just letting it flow.    

#4 Pick a story that you've written and a character from that story....

My super duper totally original second ever Shawards!

Sorry, this is a little later published than expected, I have just been really busy. Also, this list is shorter than the last Shawards, however many Shawards I publish they are all likely to vary in length.
If you don't know what this is then... 

I am doing Shawards now, mainly just because I can and I feel like if I can manage to brighten at least one person's day or even make them smile its worth it so get ready for_TJNR@cheshire_  second Shawards ever! Before I start I would like to acknowledge who started the shout-outs and writing awards, whoever that may be and thank them for such a wonderful idea.

(The order I put this list in has nothing to do with who is first or who is "higher up" on the list.)

Kahasai: The suspense and the build up in Kahasai's writing never fails to delight me, this paired...

#cwcbucketprompt sort of but not really

" You are a bucket" "and..." said the beckoning blue pale abandoned on the shoreline "Well turtles just don't socialise with.... buckets" "Why not? We are ever so much fun" said the pale before being washed away by the tides surprisingly strong current, returning merely seconds later. "Well that's just not something us turtles do, besides turtles belong in the sea and buckets.... well buckets belong in the sand helping sticky-handed children accomplish their feeble architectural dreams only to be stomped upon by cruel people later that day."  "Also by the way.." continued the pale still focused on what the turtle had previously said " I'm a pale, not a bucket and us pales rather don't enjoy listening to that offensive term!" "Well I am very sorry.." said the turtle tantalisingly "but I must be off I have important things to attend too." "Wait!!!" screamed the pale with all its might and the turtle continued to swim in the opposite direction.

#LifeLemonsPrompt

When life gives you lemons chuck them straight back.
Say to life "I don't need these! I am quite fine on my own thanks, I am not giving into your silly lemonade charade!"
Although deep inside we all know that at some point we all need life's little nudge, the little boost of confidence that life always provides because where would we all be without life? So sometime later life gives you apples and you reply
"Thank you life I quite felt like apple juice today."

My super duper totally original first ever Shawards!

Phew, that was a really long title. ( Shawards as in sort of shout-outs sort of awards but not necessarily either.)

I am doing Shawards now, mainly just because I can and I feel like if I can manage to brighten at least one person's day or even make them smile its worth it so get ready for_TJNR@cheshire_  first Shawards ever! Before I start I would like to acknowledge who started the shout-outs and writing awards, whoever that may be and thank them for such a wonderful idea.

rosemarywisdom: Rosemarywidom is super kind and sweet!!! They (I am just going to say they in all of these so I am not gender specific) are an amazing writer and if you haven't seen their work already definitely check it out.

ThatAwkwardSmile: ThatAwkwardsmile is the very first person who saw my work on this account!! I think there...

Silence is laughing part 2

The air around me is stiff and stale. I take a deep breath in and fill my lungs with the polluted smog, I know this smell well, from where I am not sure but the familiarity of it strikes me harshly. I hear the low hum of machinery and the clicking of misplaced screws clogging the faulty mechanisms. I do not know much of undercellars but I have come to the conclusion that I am on some kind of boat... ship actually, I figure this room is far to small to power the likes of a dinghy or a yacht. I investigate further into the type of ship as I climb the steps closest to me looking like they may lead somewhere more upper deck. I follow them upwards and start to see more light flooding into the small spiralled walls surrounding me. Although this light is not natural but artificial. The staircase eventually unravels and opens up into a bustling kitchen....

The ways of being

How awkward it is to tell your friends you're better than them. As much as you don't want to, you have to tell them. You were going to keep this to yourself .... but they asked and now it is time to tell the seemingly obvious. You keep your core values close to your head and your heart, you think before you speak, you listen, you know what to say, do and how to act, you know how to have fun but still be mature. You watch them from a distance. You wonder with curiosity about how they became the humans they are today and tomorrow and the next day. Although now comes a time where you have to face the facts as you have always done. You will move on without them and achieve amazing things but do you ever think in the very back of your mind what will happen to them after being left behind? Will they crumble and crack, enter a world of non-existence without you?...

Ask me anything!

If you have any questions for me, want me to review or comment on something this is the page to ask me on! 
I saw someone else do this and thought it a great idea!
Thanks sincerely _TJNR@cheshire_

Silence is laughing part 1

I look out the window of Clarina's Subaru Forester onto the snow blanket which covers any land for miles. Gaps between the snow signify the trunks of large pine trees and a ring of their fine needles lay on the snow around them. I wish to open the window to check for any woodland life although it is far too deep into winter to think of doing such a thing. The AC is turned up too the highest setting although my inside feels as cold as they have ever been. I feel guilt. Fortunately, this is the first I've had of such a feeling so I have never been severely affected by it. I feel Clarina's warm laughter fill the car followed by a question possibly directed towards me. "Pardon" I reply innocently. " I was just wondering Skye, if you would like a hot chocolate were about 10 miles from an inn that I used to go to when I was...

The puppeteer

I am the puppet
My master holds my strings
Free am I never
controlled by the kings

The kings of each corner
The kings of the world 
The metaphorical kings
The king's who's tempers are curled

The ways of my master
Aren't short of cruel
The ways of my people
Are of a similar gene pool

Although I am the puppet
I can change things too
I can make the world a better place
If I believe in what I do

I won't remember what has been forgotten

Indeed I wish I could remember
time spent together last September
the soul you will dismember

Indeed I wish I could recall your looks
your features your imperfections 
the heart you took

Indeed I wish I could relive your kindness
and my blindness
You are no longer in my mind this way

Your image has been distorted
by all the cruel acts you committed
There is nothing you can change about the mistreatment of me

My consciousness no longer fogged with your lies
poisoned by your words 
distracted by your actions

My feelings belong to me 
they are no longer yours to play with
I have cut the strings from my puppet body

Indeed I wish I could think of you fondly
this of course impossible
my mind has finally regrouped

Although I will never be the same  person I was
I will recover I will grow and blossom
this, unfortunately, something you don't have the skills to accomplish

I have grown out of you 
tossed...

Unplug

Unplugged but not without originality.

First of all my opinion on the topic of living unplugged has been shared through many different styles of writing and lies with others amazing pieces. Me as a person, I tend to take things from a completely different angle and thought I could do something a little more interesting. So, instead, I am going to talk about living life without an audience. No one to talk to, no opinions to be shared and most importantly no one to keep you sane. I am going to start off by getting you to imagine, an empty room. No furniture, plain walls, no door, put your own spin on it. Just sit in that emptiness, feel it deep inside. Now imagine the beach. Empty. Eerily quiet, the only noise present is the howl of the wind and your own deep breaths. Abandoned beach towels and umbrellas coat the beach in a dull and lonely wave of desertedness. Next picture yourself in your childhood home...

The piece speaks for itself.

Hunger like most cannot imagine.
Homelessness like most cannot imagine.
Sadness like most cannot imagine.
Unhygienic like most cannot imagine.
Death like most cannot imagine.
Pain like most cannot imagine.
Change faster than anyone can imagine.

Hunger like most CAN imagine.
Homelessness like most CAN imagine.
Sadness like most CAN imagine.
Unhygienic like most CAN imagine.
Death like most CAN imagine.
Pain like most CAN imagine.
Nonexistent change.

This is the reality we live in.

The hourglass of silence.

Everything sways outside my window
The wind howls noisily                                                               
Calling my name
Whoosh whoosh       
Silence
Everything still
Peace raining down 
Pitter patter pitter patter
Sunlight peeks from behind clouds

FEAR is truly the only enemy

It's a feeling that's indescribable
Grabs you when unexpected
Almost too pressuring
Too immense
Fear
Creeping through
Threatening to enter
Crawling from the shadows
At the worst taking over

Dear Teddy

Delicate and intricately designed hung a small Teddy bear around my neck. He's shiny and gold and has a tiny face and limbs. Upon his face lies kind eyes, a button nose and the happiest and most content smile in the world! Cold and slippery sits Teddy on my chest, his sharp edges almost dangerous but Teddy wouldn't harm anyone, he's the best. Speaking in a whisper endemic to my ear, Teddy talks ever so clear but only if you listen closely can you hear. The metallic scent Teddy gives off is comforting to me, like the energetic buzz of a bee. You can taste when Teddy is around. This is how I sense him without sight or sound. Although I am trained, this taste is hard to be found. Passed down by generation Teddy is old. We keep him in the family by him never being sold. We seem to like the way he lingers, the way he's cold. 
Teddy fell down a crack one day,...

Blanked out

The page reflects your life 
Your life reflects the page 
But what if the page is blank

The monster, my friend

I had looked everywhere. Almost. My feet stood glued to the ground unmovable. My hands shook and my whole body quivered. I really didn't want to go down there, but I had to. I forced my legs into a slow-paced movement, about the speed of a dying turtle if you can imagine. The hallway grew dimmer and dimmer as the small light at the end of it started to fade out of sight. Sounds came from deep within the endless darkness ahead. The temperature dropped at least 4 degrees and I started to shiver more severely. I couldn't see and was squinting trying to direct myself away from the walls that I had now noticed were seeming closer and closer together. The path was narrowing. This meant I was coming into a new area. A room, or maybe just a bigger space. Either way, I was not exactly looking forward to finding what lay after the next bend. Which unfortunately had presented itself. I turned the corner...

Open Prompt

Firestead

She allowed the first animals she stumbled across to escape but when a large hare popped its head up from below the snow fate caught up with them and within a second ivy had pounced and blood spilt onto the icy floor. With her fiery red hair flying in the wind Ivy stood ferociously and wrenched the gleaming dagger from the hare’s chest and she strode off into the distance draping the bloodstained animal over her shoulder. 

Queen Ashen sat on a large throne at the head of a solid wooden table. Atop her head lay a crown encrusted with gleaming sapphires and diamonds sparkling like crystal clear water. She wore an extravagant green dress adorned with small pink daisies and around her neck hung a necklace of indescribable beauty. Although queen Ashen is by far the most sought-after and well-known queen in the land, she is not vain nor obsessed with her own royal position. Queen Ashens eyes radiate happiness,...