Experimental fine art photography by evan james atwood 62352465

Rose_Gardener

Interrogation

"This is 911, what is your emergency?" 
"OH GOD! HE'S BLEEDING EVERYWHERE" Donna held the phone in the nook of her neck, applying pressure on what appeared to be a gaping bloody gash on his side, possibly a knife wound. She was screaming over the phone as tears blinded her vision and blood seeped through her clothes.
"Ma'am please stay calm. I will be sending authorities your way. Where are you located and can you please clarify who he is?" Donna's husband, Reggie, was laying on the floor, an officer for the Oregon Police Department, he has been on the line of duty for fifteen years. Donna always encouraged him to quit his job because she worried death was eventually going to catch up with him, but he loved his job too much. 
"My husband, he's my husband. Our address is 8254 Cordova Ridge Way. Please hurry!" the front door was left open as the moonlight shone over the dead-like...

Sick

Drowning in the Sea of Sickness
    As if the world can turn a blind eye 
    His Cold Cancerous nature swallowed my innocence 
    Every lie, Every secret, to keep Him Hidden
    Born in the Mind of a Monster
    Can an evil soul be seen as beautiful?

You plead to me to feel within
But can't you see 
I am not who you think I am
A Façade is all you known
But, please don't confuse it as falsely love
For you may be my only source of light

Once I met you, I could feel for the first time
   But, He got too close 
   You told me there was light in my eyes
   But, he whispered in my ear deceiving lies
   Lies that took your last breath away
   Don't you know
   I would love to give my life for you 

For Every lie, Every secret, he whispers ...

Sick

Drowning in the Sea of Sickness
    As if the world can turn a blind eye 
    Born in the Mind of a Monster
    Can an evil soul be seen as beautiful?

You plead to me to feel within
But can't you see 
I am not who you think I am
A Façade is all you known
For you may be my only source of light

But, He got too close 
   You told me there was light in my eyes
   Lies that took your last breath away
   Don't you know
   I would love to give my life for you 

Twisted (Part 1)

He woke to the chilling air hugging his body as sweet feverish odor filled his nostrils, into his lungs. He tried to pry his eyes open, but a bright light rained upon him, squinting and griping the ends of a metal table laying beneath him. With his eyes shut closed, pushed himself up into a sitting position. Bringing his hands up to his head as an excruciating pain coursed through his brain, gritting his teeth, he clawed at his shaved head,but quickly winced and retreated his hands as if someone kicked him in the head. Cautiously opening his eyes, trying to adjust to the blinding rays, gently brushing his fingertips on his forehead. Eyes furrowed as his hands met with rough patches of skin, tracing lines encircling his shaven head. He calmly glanced forward to a man laying parallel to him, he was on a similar bed, the man's skin appeared to be turning into a sickly grey. His eyes...

What If...

What if the whole world went blind?

Interrogation

"This is 911, what is your emergency?" 
"Ma'am please stay calm. I will be sending authorities your way. Where are you located and can you please clarify who he is?" Donna's husband, Reggie, was laying on the floor, he is an officer for the Oregon Police Department, he has been on the line of duty for fifteen years. Donna always encouraged him to quit his job because she worried death was eventually going to catch up with him, but he loved his job too much. 
"My husband, he's my husband. Our address is 8254 Cordova Ridge Way. Please hurry!" the front door was left open as the moonlight shone over...

Interrogation

"This is 911, what is your emergency?" 

Interrogation

"This is 911, what is your emergency?" 
"My husband, he's my husband. Our address is 8254 Cordova Ridge Way. Please hurry!" the front door was left open as the moonlight shined over...

The Innocence of a Child

One day. When I was as little as six years old. My great-grandmother sat alone at our dinner table, fidgeting with her hands as her eyes clouded with guilt and pain. 
"What's wrong?" I asked as my soft voice rained curiosity. She looked at me with tired, sullen eyes.
"I did something that made your mommy very upset with me. And I'm worried she will never forgive me." 
"Did you say you were sorry?" I held my grandmothers hand, she gave a weak smile as she clasped my little hands in hers.
"No, but it's a little more complicated than that sweetie." At the time, I was confused what she meant by those words. 

Turned to Stone

Haunted Beyond The Grave

I lost my daughter five years ago. Rumors started to spread that I had something to do with her disappearance because of our toxic relationship. Of course she made my life a living hell, but I loved her with all my heart. I hummed as I transfer dirty dishes into the dishwasher. As I pick up a plate, the phone rings, piercing throughout the house, I drop the dish, shattering glass all over the kitchen floor. "Who would be calling this late?!" I mutter under my breath in frustration, clenching my fists. I cautiously step over the glass shards. Picking up the phone as I place my hand on my hip, "Who is this?!" I glance at the caller ID, unknown was written on the screen. Silence follows. "Hello?" The hair on the back of my neck stood still as heavy breathing crawled out of the phone. "I-I'm going to hang up if you don't tell me who this is."...

A Soul Inflamed

The voices told me it would make the pain fade away, but it only made it stronger. A presence has been preying upon me, ever since that horrid day. I know it's all in my head, all the noises and whispers, but when this...entity is present, its pain transfers to me. Pain that resembles a mourning of a loved one. Have you ever lost a loved one? The pain is intolerable, so painful that no one can comprehend it. The closest way to explain the torment is being burned into oblivion. In a house that is devoured by fire filled with madness and rage. Looking for a way out, hoping someone will come out of the fire and save you from that hell, but help never comes. Burning alive, as your skin peels away and the blood boils through your veins. Screaming for help, screaming for your loved one, but the one person who was supposed to protect you, is...

Novel Writing Competition 2018

The True Monster Within

As I dash through the cornfield, my lungs are burning and my muscles are screaming in pain. Gabby said it would be best to split up in the field to lose Arvin and his bandits. She told me to head east and the safe-house will be next to an old diner, we should be safe there.
“Over there” yells a woman. A flashlight shines in my direction, I dart off in the opposite direction. Pumping my arms and legs as hard as I can. As I ran further, the voices started to fade, but then I faintly hear a muffle of an engine. I must be close to the dirt road. I decided to take the risk and run towards the car, maybe they can help. I trip and land in the road, coughing as I inhale dirt into my lungs. I look ahead and see an old decrepit truck with blinding headlights. My limbs feel paralyzed, I just want...