celestialbard

she/her | 18 | enfp

you can call me Ruth! i've been on here since 2018 and i'm gonna be here until October when i go to university! i hope you enjoy my work <3

Currently reading: Frankenstein by Mary Shelley

WTW community ambassador alum

Formerly 'Ruthh' but that username is boring and I wanted to spice things up; I may return to my old name so I'm recognisable, who knows. Hello by the way! :D

Peer Reviews

Sana et Renovare

PROMPT: Poetry and Spoken Word Competition 2020

Keep writing, you're doing great!

over 1 year

Fragment

PROMPT: In Motion

Hello! I thought this piece was really good and thank you for putting the verbs in italics because it made it easier to read! I hope you find my comments useful and keep writing! You're doing great :)

over 1 year

Resting

PROMPT: Solidarity

This poem is definitely meaningful and really interesting! It made me feel really happy and I definitely agree with what you've said. I hope you find my comments useful and, if you want to chat or ask questions, feel free. Keep writing :)

over 1 year

Front Porch Day

PROMPT: Solidarity

A piece with really effective descriptions with immerse the readers is the solidarity of feeling like the 'world has gone to sleep' :) I really enjoyed reading it! I hope you find my comments helpful and keep writing, you're doing great :)

over 1 year

There's no verb for purple

PROMPT: In Motion

I love this piece so much! I love how the verbs reflect the heartwarming and fun nature, and the conclusion of 'sailing in' made me so happy for him! Well done and keep writing! :)

over 1 year

Autophobia

PROMPT: Solidarity

You've probably gathered this from the rest of my review but I love this piece! It deserves to be read by everyone because it's so important. As the nature of the prompt encourages hope and solidarity, I haven't put any criticisms in the main body of the review (and there's barely anything to criticise, either) but, if you did want to revise this piece (though you definitely don't have to) I would perhaps suggest trying to take the metaphorical language further and seeing whether you could adopt a policy of 'show, don't tell'. This is where you use technical devices, or an anecdote or a description to make the reader infer an emotion rather than saying it outright. As I said, this is a very small suggestion and it's definitely not something that's an issue, but perhaps in lines such as 'forgotten costumes of your carefree days' you describe one of these 'carefree days' instead of saying it. ANYWAY, I LOVE THIS POEM SO MUCH! one of my favourite things to come out of the solidarity prompt! Keep writing, because you're doing amazing!!

over 1 year

Bland Until Way Back

PROMPT: Roots

I found this piece extremely interesting to read and it was a pleasure to get to explore your Roots! I hope you also had fun writing it and that my comments have proved useful :) keep writing!

over 1 year

The dress

PROMPT: Zoom Out

This is a really strong interpretation of the prompt and I really enjoyed reading it! I hope you find my comments useful and I can’t wait to read what you write next! Keep writing :)

over 1 year

EDUCATIONAL PRESSURE (PLEASE REVIEW, URGENT COMMENTS NEEDED)

PROMPT: The Three P's

I know you wanted urgent feedback so I hope this will do! This piece has a lot of potential and it's such an important issue to talk about - I hope you find my comments useful and I look forward to reading more of your work! Keep writing :)

over 1 year

Feminism: There Needs To Be A Change

PROMPT: Op-Ed Competition 2020

It was an utter joy to write this review: I knew I had to do one as soon as I finished your piece! There's so much potential and passion within your writing that makes me extremely excited to see what you do next. I hope you find my comments useful and, if you have any questions or simply want to chat, feel free to say! Good luck :)

over 1 year

The Tree

PROMPT: Nature Takes the Stand

I really love how you took a personal story and made it really emotional! It really made me think about the impact humans have on nature. You have so much potential as a writer - keep writing!! You’re doing great :) I hope this feedback helps !

over 1 year

GPS trackers for children

PROMPT: Fired Up

Well done for writing such a clear and effective piece! I can’t wait to see what you write next :)

over 1 year

Autist Experience

PROMPT: Personal Evidence

This is a really good piece and the importance of the issue is unparalleled. Well done, and I can’t wait to see what else you write!

over 1 year

the hidden jewel

PROMPT: Chunyun

A very interesting piece that was enjoyable to read! I hope you found my comments useful and keep writing!!!

over 1 year

I Give You

PROMPT: Nature Takes the Stand

A really effective take on the prompt! The voice you’ve created is very well-developed and the argument you’ve created is put across well. I hope my comments are useful, and keep writing!! You’re doing great :)

over 1 year

The Sound Of Seasons

I love love love this poem! It's full of potential and beautiful descriptions which is amazing to see. What inspired you to write it? What's your favourite season?? (mine's Summer, though Winter fashion is superior). If you choose to edit and re-publish this piece, please send me a link! I would love to see it. Keep writing, you're doing amazing!

over 1 year

The shadows

I love this poem so much!! Your use of language and metaphor is amazing! Keep writing - I can't wait to see what else you do! I hope you find my comments useful and feel free to ask me anything :)

over 1 year

one day you will hide from the rain

PROMPT: Cli-Fi

Overall, I thought this piece was extremely clever and well-written. The idea you've used is perfect for 'cli-fi' and your interpretation of the prompt is amazing! I hope my comments are useful, and keep writing!!

over 1 year

The Smell of Gas

PROMPT: Roots

This piece put a smile on my face! Your sense of ancestry is really unique and you've managed to convey your relationship with it really well. I can't wait to see what else you write!

over 1 year

Seeds

PROMPT: Nature Takes the Stand

I really like this piece! The prompt for this is so cool and I love how you've interpreted it. I hope my comments are useful and keep writing! You're doing amazing :)

over 1 year

A World in the Forest - Prologue

This is a really promising start to a story with a lot of potential! I hope you found my comments useful and keep writing!! I can't wait to see where this story goes :)

over 1 year

I would know what the world is made of

PROMPT: Zoom Out

I'm so so glad I picked this piece to review! It's absolutely stunning and I admire your use of language and how you've crafted such beautiful and immersive descriptions. I hope my comments are useful, and I would love to have a link to the updated piece if you choose to edit it :) keep writing - you're doing great!

over 1 year

The Desert Wolf

PROMPT: Zoom Out

I really like this piece and the mystery it creates! Your writing is really good; I hope my comments help and keep writing!! I can't wait to see what you do next :)

over 1 year

How to Capture

This poem is simple and stunningly beautiful and your use of language is amazing! A perfect poem to read just before Valentine's Day! I hope my comments were useful and I can't wait to see what you write next :)

over 1 year

Something to think about

I really enjoyed this piece! It's a passion we share and it's great to see that people care about the earth. It's really well written, too! I hope my comments were useful and I can't wait to see what else you write!

over 1 year

What is home?

PROMPT: Chunyun

Overall, a very accomplished piece! You've responded to the prompt very effectively and I can't wait to see what you write next :) i hope my comments helped!

over 1 year

Life Is A Book

PROMPT: Love After Love

Overall, this is a wonderful piece that I really loved reading and reviewing! I love the metaphor of life as a book - it put a smile on my face :) I hope my comments were useful, and feel free to ask for further help if you need it. And, most of all, keep writing!!! It's obvious you have a passion and it's amazing to see: I look forward to reading more from you in the future!

over 1 year

One Day It Will Be Dark

PROMPT: Cli-Fi

I really liked this piece! It is an amazing interpretation of the prompt and it really made me think. Well done, and keep writing :)

over 1 year

In the Sun

PROMPT: On Belonging

This is a very accomplished piece! Your response to the prompt is very heartfelt and you can see the emotion in every line. I hope my comments are useful and I can't wait to read more from you :) keep writing!

over 1 year

I See You, I See Me

Overall, I love this poem! The message and emotions are very clear and it was wonderful to read. Keep writing - you’re doing amazing!

over 1 year

inside my own thought bubble

PROMPT: Love After Love

Overall, I love this piece! Your interpretation is so lovely and I enjoyed the variety of tones in the poem that drew me to it and makes me want to know more. Keep writing, you’re doing fantastic :)

over 1 year

Though They Do Not Breathe, They Do Not Die

PROMPT: A Fictional Landscape

This is an amazing piece that I loved to read and loved to review. I can't wait to read more of your work!

over 1 year

Dead or Alive #apoemaday15

This is a lovely, haunting piece which has the potential to be absolutely stunning. It was a delight to read and I will watch out for more of your pieces in the future! Happy writing :)

over 1 year

Castle

PROMPT: Reader, We Have a Problem

I love this concept and I can see the potential for an amazing plot. Your writing is really magical and this blurb is really amazing! I hope my comments are useful :)

about 2 years

Book Jacket: Hanya

PROMPT: Reader, We Have a Problem

This is a really intriguing synopsis! I hope my comments are useful :) keep up the good work! Your writing is super

about 2 years

whispers

PROMPT: Reader, We Have a Problem

It's a really creative idea and I can definitely see the world-building being stunning with all the doll elements combined with a human narrative. I hope you find my comments useful!

about 2 years

Distant - Book cover (Sofia Hue)

PROMPT: Reader, We Have a Problem

This story is so magical and so interesting and I would love to know more about it! I hope you find my comments useful and I look forward to reading your other pieces in the workshop!

about 2 years

Anno Pandemonium: The Year 2235.

PROMPT: Reader, We Have a Problem

I LOVE THIS. From reading your protagonist profile I already know Josephine is epic and her surrounding characters also sound amazing, and the plot surrounding it is coming together really well! It's super imaginative and has so much potential. I would definitely buy this in a bookshop!

about 2 years

Welcome To Anima

PROMPT: Out of this World

The use of second person in the last paragraph, makes it so immersive that it definitely leaves an impression. I would love to read more about this world and the conflict that's coming. There's so much potential in this concept and I think your writing is excellent. I hope the notes I've made on the piece are useful! They're minor mistakes and there's not much to fault here except to say I want more!!! Good job :)

about 2 years

Fire and Ice

PROMPT: Tiny Love Story

You were worried about your formatting so perhaps you coukd do some research on various poem forms and play around with them? Here's a fat list if you want to check some out! https://www.writersdigest.com/whats-new/list-of-50-poetic-forms-for-poets another point on formatting: the lowercase aesthetic is super cool but it looks kinda discordant with the properly capitalised title? I feel like, with a mostly lower case poem, you have to commit to a lower case title as well, but it's up to you! And please don't think it's vague or annoying - I think it's beautiful and writing a tiny love story is a really hard prompt but you've executed it so well. Well done! :)

over 2 years

Beautiful Fractures

All in all, I loved this poem! The title immediately catches your attention for how topical it is and the actual poem is so poignant and perfectly conveyed with beautiful language that makes the reader feels happy and uplifted. Well done!

over 2 years

I Swear I'm Over You

This was a really clever piece that sent me on a rollercoaster! It was a beautiful poem and I definitely think you should use it as slam - it's really profound and you should be proud of it!

over 2 years

For you

PROMPT: 2019

This poem is lovely! I love all the imagery and happy words and feelings it conjures - it's a real feel good poem that captures the energy and the experiences people want in 2019. Well done!

over 2 years

Draw a Star

unknown